PDA

View Full Version : Stein: Bulls Looking at Possibility to Acquire Pau Gasol

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-13-2012, 04:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7682303/chicago-bulls-working-acquire-pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-sources-say

The Chicago Bulls are exploring avenues to acquire Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol before Thursday's trade deadline, according to sources close to the situation.

The Bulls have long hoped to wedge themselves into the trade running for Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard, but sources told ESPN.com that Howard's well-chronicled lack of interest in a trade to Chicago has prompted the Bulls to switch their focus to Gasol in advance of Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline.

Sources say that the Lakers, however, have limited interest in the players Chicago would be offering, starting with Bulls forward Carlos Boozer.

So the Bulls would have to recruit at least one more team to the discussions to have any shot at Gasol, sources said, with the Lakers known to be insistent on getting back at least one certifiable star if they consent to the trade the Spaniard. Sources say that the Lakers, furthermore, continue to talk to other teams about Gasol in advance.

The Lakers' longstanding preference, of course, is acquiring a top point guard if they agree to surrender Gasol. L.A. included the 7-footer in the December deal with New Orleans and Houston that would have landed Chris Paul with the Lakers, only for NBA commissioner David Stern -- acting as the final decision-maker for the league-owned Hornets -- to tell New Orleans' basketball people to cancel the deal after all three teams agreed to terms.

Gasol has been subjected to constant trade speculation ever since and recently acknowledged to ESPN.com that "there's no guarantees" he'll be with the Lakers beyond the trading deadline despite recent assurances from Lakers management that no deal was imminent.

The Rockets continue to have interest in Gasol but have consistently refused to make point guard Kyle Lowry available in talks with the Lakers. Golden State and Minnesota are also known to have interest in trading Gasol if the Lakers prove willing.

Before the All-Star Game, Lakers guard Kobe Bryant registered a public plea to team officials for clarification on Gasol's tenuous future, saying that "it's hard for [Gasol] to kind of invest himself completely ... when he's hearing trade talk every other day." Gasol has since acknowledged that he's well aware he'll be subjected to speculation, even if he survives in L.A. through this deadline, after his near-trade to Houston before the season started.

Asked how much he's looking forward to getting past Thursday, Gasol recently told ESPN.com: "When that day comes along and nothing happens, I know for sure I'll have the security that I will be here at least for this season. After that? Who knows? Obviously it'll be an important day in order just to put everything behind me for another month or two or three."

ESPN.com reported last month that the Bulls are shocked and frustrated that Howard has not included them on his publicly known list of teams to which he'd welcome a trade, which is headlined by the New Jersey Nets and Dallas Mavericks and originally included the Lakers as well. The Bulls naturally relish the idea of pairing Howard with star guard Derrick Rose, but it's believed that Howard's primary reservation about a trade to Chicago is that the Bulls are clearly Chicago native Rose's team. Going to the Brooklyn-bound Nets, by contrast, would not only put Howard in a major market but also give him a larger share of the spotlight alongside Nets guard Deron Williams.

Howard's interest the Lakers has waned for similar reasons, with sources close to the 26-year-old saying that he has grown increasingly sensitive to suggestions that he is following Shaquille O'Neal's career path too closely and has thus prefers to wind up with either New Jersey or Dallas.

The Bulls' primary need remains backcourt scoring thanks to a succession of injuries suffered by newcomer Rip Hamilton, but team officials have quietly maintained an interest in acquiring an elite big man such as Howard or Gasol to try to ease the nightly load Rose carries. Rose became the youngest MVP in NBA history last season but couldn't overcome the suffocating attention he received from the Miami Heat in last spring's Eastern Conference finals, raising concerns that Chicago -- despite its league-leading 35-9 record -- will face the same issues this postseason.

mgsports
03-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Watson and Lucas in the deal with LA also sending Walton back.

DaBUU
03-13-2012, 04:50 PM
gonna need a 3rd team

Bullsfan22
03-13-2012, 04:54 PM
I'd love it if it happened but I'm sure it won't

Avenged
03-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Bulls don't have enough to offer..

Lakers are better off keeping Pau than trading with the Bulls. They just aren't good trading partners.

nickdymez
03-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Unless its Boozer and Deng (Which will never happen on earth) then no.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Not sure if it says it in the article or not, but the Lakers aren't interested in Boozer in return according to many twitter people. 3rd team would have to be involved.

Sox72
03-13-2012, 05:05 PM
We have nothing that the Lakers would want. Hopefully some silly 3rd team is interested in Boozer.

Chicagofaithful
03-13-2012, 05:06 PM
lol Brandon marshall AND pau gasol? no way!

desertlakeshow
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Derrick rose for Pau.

All good.

Aust
03-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Nobody wants Boozer and his contract. The Bulls just aren't compatible with the Lakers atm

Mcdoh
03-13-2012, 05:10 PM
i dont think bulls has nothing to offer much for pau (no offense)..bulls wont include noah or rose of course.. for this to happen i think a 3rd team should be included..

ManRam
Unless its Boozer and Deng (Which will never happen on earth) then no.

I don't know if even that is smart.

Next year:

Kobe ($27.8M)
Bynum ($17.5M)
Boozer ($15M)
Deng ($13.3M)

Yikes.

They'd be marginally better on the court, but in cap hell. Kobe amnestied in 2013/2014??

I think LA could do a bit better than trading with Chicago.

shep33
3rd team definitely needed

Hellcrooner
03-13-2012, 05:11 PM
wonder if Michael Jordan would have the balls to help out Bulls by eating Boozer for Pieces lakers would want.

Blitzbolt
Who would want Boozer??He is the reason why the Heat will own the bulls in the playoffs.

One of the worst players in NBA history.

thekmp211
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79dkur8

fills some holes for la. it's definitely not the worst haul they could get, but i think there are better returns for gasol from other contenders.

raiderNlakerfan
03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Bulls have nothing to offer.. Keep ur trash chicago

celtNYpatsHeels
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Why would a tough defensive gritty team like Chicago want such a soft vagine like gasol?

JordansBulls
03-13-2012, 05:15 PM
What 3rd team could the Bulls get involved? Maybe Gasol to Chicago, Scola, Lowry to the Lakers and Boozer, Watson to the Rockets?

Blitzbolt
03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
What 3rd team could the Bulls get involved? Maybe Gasol to Chicago, Scola, Lowry to the Lakers and Boozer, Watson to the Rockets?

Yea if the Rockets are run by monkeys.

ManRam
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM

So Houston gets Boozer (and his contract)...and Watson too I guess, who isn't bad... for Lowry and Scola? Doubt they'd jump on that. Right?

Hellcrooner
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM

You know theres an Owner who is lousy enough ( and has enough ties with windy city) to actually offer himself for this, specially since he HATES the lakers and Rose, Rip, Deng, Pau, Noah is a ring in the make.

mgsports
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Gasol to Bulls +1wins
Boozer/Butler/Lucas to Bobcats +3wins
Augustin/Diaw to Lakers -1wins

chicago lulz
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
wonder if Michael Jordan would have the balls to help out Bulls by eating Boozer for Pieces lakers would want.
If a 3 team trade happened, which landed us Gasol, and CHA taking on Boozer's contract while offering pieces to complete the Gasol trade, then I would start saying that CHA pick is a sure thing to land us a top pick in a couple of years. Jordan will always be a Bull.

Last year he said "Don't be surprised if you've got more 'ships coming". Maybe MJ is coming through in the clutch just once more by helping us land Gasol :D

ManRam
03-13-2012, 05:30 PM
As expected, the reports now say that LA has zero interest in Boozer...

lavilevi23
03-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Lakers would be retarted to do that unless its for both Deng & Boozer.

Lakerfrk
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=758s6sx

;) :up:

Lidz
Yea if the Rockets are run by monkeys.

lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

h2r09
03-13-2012, 05:35 PM
the exact same reason the bulls won't beat the heat is why they won't acquire anyone of note for any of their players besides rose. they aren't special. they have nothing besides rose to offer teams for a 2nd option.

Stunner
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM
The bobcats pick to the Lakers and the this years 1st to Houston http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Lakerfrk
03-13-2012, 05:41 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73k65qf

Could actually work...

Squad13
03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
:laugh2: no chance in hell. Just get a solid pg if that's what's being offered for Pau. Pau is a great player but his demeanor on the court drives me nuts. If bull fans think we're going to give up our teams only unique advantage, which is our poor mans twin towers combo and the length they bring. It sure as hell better net us solution to our PG woes and be a better player than that twat Carlos Boozer. We'll take Rose and call it a day?

nickdymez
03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
You know theres an Owner who is lousy enough ( and has enough ties with windy city) to actually offer himself for this, specially since he HATES the lakers and Rose, Rip, Deng, Pau, Noah is a ring in the make.

And you would be a Bulls fan i bet

Hellcrooner
03-13-2012, 05:44 PM
And you would be a Bulls fan i bet

Nope, but i would for damm sure stick it up some hate to say i told you sos in lakers forums.

Squad13
03-13-2012, 05:46 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73k65qf

Could actually work...

Yeah... if the Hawks want to get older while also hurting them financially for multiple seaons with both players being over paid and under contract for multiple years.. Like it for the lakers though . :laugh2:

RCarlson85
03-13-2012, 05:47 PM
No one wants Booze. He has a terrible contract and has been a disappointment since signing with the Bulls. Why would anyone want him? The bulls are going to have to live with the Booze.

Aust
03-13-2012, 05:48 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=758s6sx

;) :up:

Lakers would make out as bandits and GS would get raped, but yeah we can dream can't we? :)

Sinestro
03-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Would be difficult but not impossible....come on MJ! Help us out once more!

kozelkid
03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
the exact same reason the bulls won't beat the heat is why they won't acquire anyone of note for any of their players besides rose. they aren't special. they have nothing besides rose to offer teams for a 2nd option.

lol

chitown815
03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
The bulls should just help the nets get dwight w/ boozer/asik in exchange for help w/ gasol

Southsideheat
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Bulls get Gasol

Lakers get Scola, Lowry, trade exemption

Rockets get Asik, Boozer, Watson, CHA first round pick, CHI first round pick

ChicagoRox
03-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Man with these comments on this thread, you would think the Bulls are a lottery team just filled with trash.

THE GIPPER
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM

:facepalm:

mgsports
03-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Gasol/Fisher to Bulls
Watson/Farmer/Okur/Morrow to Lakers
Gibson/Humphries to Magic
Howard/Boozer to Nets

lavilevi23
03-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Bulls get Gasol

Rockets get Asik, Boozer, Watson, CHA first round pick, CHI first round
pick

Rockets get raped.

Blitzbolt
03-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Metta World Peace:Booze!!!!
Kobe:No Metta is Carlos boozer not actual booze.
Metta:Awwww

Chi StateOfMind
03-13-2012, 06:13 PM

I couldn't help but laugh at this.

Lidz
03-13-2012, 06:14 PM
as a HEAT fan, i'm happy if this happens. People are talking about how much Chicago sucks because they have no trade pieces, but I see it as them being SO COMPLETE that one player gone from their team completely messes up everything they have going.

Blitzbolt
03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Man with these comments on this thread, you would think the Bulls are a lottery team just filled with trash.

If you open a dictionary and look for trash you will see a Picture of Carlos Boozer.

Fireworld
03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
This is all coming from Chicago, not LA. Keep Gasol, get a decent PG. make run.

Blitzbolt
03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
You guys are right, Chicago has terrible players. 35-9 with this group of bums. Who would want any of them?
Gibson and Rose are the only good pieces for a trade the others are role players and are not worth much.

lavilevi23
03-13-2012, 06:23 PM
If you open a dictionary and look for trash you will see a Picture of Carlos Boozer.

:laugh:

BKdoubleStacker
03-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Gibson and Rose are the only good pieces for a trade the others are role players and are not worth much.

lawl

what are you like 12 years old?

Sinestro
03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
lawl

what are you like 12 years old?

lol I know seriously he puts Taj who only rebounds and plays D cuz he's not that great on offense

ChicagoRox
03-13-2012, 06:30 PM

Dude's just a troll. Look at his past post. 17 of his last 25 are in any thread that's bulls related. I would understand this coming from a fan that has any relations with an east team but a Grizzlie fan? The worst was posted in last nights game thread. See below for example..:confused:

Lin > Rose

Blitzbolt
03-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Dude's just a troll. Look at his past post. 17 of his last 25 are in any thread that's bulls related. I would understand this coming from a fan that has any relations with an east team but a Grizzlie fan? The worst was posted in last nights game thread. See below for example..:confused:

Rose choke vs Kansas........But that's a whole other issue stay on topic son.

akagiredsuns
03-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Bulls get Gasol

Rockets get Asik, Boozer, Watson, CHA first round pick, CHI first round pick

Did you read where the Rockets said they are NOT trading Lowry in any way? :facepalm:

ThunderousDemon
03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Boozer!!!!! :puke:

Sinestro
03-13-2012, 06:38 PM

Awww man I've been waiting to use this but hadn't found reason yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNS9MzGOQtU

CudiOnMyiPod
03-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Bulls would be title favorites if they could land Gasol.

JC_
03-13-2012, 06:44 PM
This shows that the Bulls aren't totally confident about winning in the playoffs which is understandable but they are doing really well, why mess with the team?

ThunderousDemon
03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
This shows that the Bulls aren't totally confident about winning in the playoffs which is understandable but they are doing really well, why mess with the team?

They won't make it far against the Heat with someone like Boozer

akagiredsuns
03-13-2012, 06:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

This is as good a deal as it gets. If DH12 wanted to go to L.A., Lakers get Howard down low and Nelson to run the point & Lakers have their PG. Magic get Boozer as a decent replacement & Watson to replace the loss of Nelson, plus get Bynum at C and the Bulls get Gasol. How hard was that?

Lakers

Kobe
Nelson
World Peace
McRoberts/Murphy
Howard

Bulls

Gasol
Noah
Deng
Rose
Hamilton/Brewer

Magic

Bynum
Boozer
Turkoglu
Watson
J-Rich

mgsports
03-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Who's going to be the Center on the Lakers and how come the Magic have 2 Howard's?

northsider
03-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Awww man I've been waiting to use this but hadn't found reason yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNS9MzGOQtU

Seriously just ignore him. Kid is a joke he has been bashing the Bulls since joining. Practically every post of his is down playing the Bulls or bashing Rose. He literally offers nothing of value other then being another 1 and done poster on this site.

emman03
03-13-2012, 06:59 PM
chicago gets pau , j.rich
orlando gets many players involve to match salaries
nets gets booz , dh12 and loose half of its roster
lakers gets nelson , some players involve to match salaries

everybody is happy but magic i dunno
lakers get quality pg
chicago gets pau and nice sg
ofcourse nets get its big 2.5 dwill cbooz and dh12 with beastly if he got traded then brooks if he is not included in the trade

lakers

nelson
kobe
world peace
humpries
bynum

chicago

rose
jrich
deng
pau
noah

magic

watson
morrow
turk
davis
lopez

nets

williams
brooks
beasly/green
booz and his fcking contract
dh12

preety solid but magic hmm

mgsports
03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
How is Nets getting Green or Beasley?

Aust
03-13-2012, 07:03 PM
I love how he says "Gibson and Rose are the only good pieces, everyone else is just a roleplayer"

rofl, what is Gibson, an all star?

I think he mixed up Deng with Gibson

and @emman: lol, keep trying ther bud

Blitzbolt
03-13-2012, 07:03 PM
How is Nets getting Green or Beasley?

lol

AntiG
03-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Boozer + Gasol would be the softest front court in the history of the sport LOLOL

Gasol would be a nice acquisition though, his presence alone would prevent teams from trapping Rose with a big man.

AntiG
03-13-2012, 07:52 PM
chicago gets pau , j.rich
orlando gets many players involve to match salaries
nets gets booz , dh12 and loose half of its roster
lakers gets nelson , some players involve to match salaries

everybody is happy but magic i dunno
lakers get quality pg
chicago gets pau and nice sg
ofcourse nets get its big 2.5 dwill cbooz and dh12 with beastly if he got traded then brooks if he is not included in the trade

lakers

nelson
kobe
world peace
humpries
bynum

chicago

rose
jrich
deng
pau
noah

magic

watson
morrow
turk
davis
lopez

nets

williams
brooks
beasly/green
booz and his fcking contract
dh12

preety solid but magic hmm

Not happening. Howard and Boozer are both max contract players. Salaries wouldn't work at all.

Baller1
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Bulls would be title favorites if they could land Gasol.

Depends on who they give up.

BIG worm
03-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Depends on who they give up.

true that! losing deng would hurt.

Kevj77
03-13-2012, 08:05 PM
This probably is not going to happen. Lakers don't want Boozer they want a PG. They have already said to trade Gasol they want a borderline to all-star PG. Bulls would have to flip Boozer for someone like Curry, Dwill, Rondo or Lowry and send that player to LA for Gasol. Good luck with that.

justinnum1
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
no one is taking boozers contract...i would be shocked if someone takes him

lakersfan01
03-13-2012, 08:34 PM
What a joke, dream on Bulls fans. We don't want Boozer AT ALL.

HrtHustleNMscle
03-13-2012, 10:31 PM
What a joke, dream on Bulls fans. We don't want Boozer AT ALL.

U the GM?