PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Dwight determined to sign with the Nets in Jul, regardless

C-Style
03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Woj: He’s determined to leave the Magic for the Nets, either now or later

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_magic_nets_trade_031312

Magic Want Lakers back in Dwight Howard mix

Chris Manning ‏ @LD2k Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
Source: Magic want Lakers back in Dwight Howard mix aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012…
Retweeted by Eric Pincus

nickdymez
03-13-2012, 02:54 PM
I can do this too...

Woj: Dwight is determined to play with his balls after the game.

Can we have a real source?

King41
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
hope this story will found a quick ending
it sucks

LTBaByyy
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't even want him anymore, changing my sig

I hope Deron leaves and Dwight is stuck there and it will be just another Magic style team

Lakers + Giants
03-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Better than going to the mavs :clap:

C-Style
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I can do this too...

Woj: Dwight is determined to play with his balls after the game.

Can we have a real source?

Woj is as reliable as they come

LTBaByyy
03-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Better than going to Lakers :clap:

Oh wait, the LA Clippers are in his list not Lakers

Hahahahaha

nickdymez
Woj is as reliable as they come

I believe you, i follow him. But did he say this on a website? Twitter? Did he text you and tell you? Where are you getting this from?

nickdymez

Hahahahaha

I think Laker fans are fine with Bynum

*Superman*
03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
I believe you, i follow him. But did he say this on a website? Twitter? Did he text you and tell you? Where are you getting this from?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_magic_nets_trade_031312

OP, your link doesn't work.

LTBaByyy
I think Laker fans are fine with Bynum

Until his knees break in half :)

BallIsAll
Hahaha I been saying this for a very long time

C-Style
03-13-2012, 03:03 PM

yes on yahoo and twitter

C-Style
03-13-2012, 03:04 PM

OP, your link doesn't work.

ManRam
03-13-2012, 03:04 PM
For everything Dwight Howard has told the Orlando Magic management about bringing him a stronger supporting cast, about the possibility that he could still sign an extension, it has turned into a complete ruse – a misdirection play on his eventual signing with the Brooklyn-bound New Jersey Nets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

With the combination of Howard’s disdain for confrontation, desire to be liked and a pragmatic belief that a trade is no longer in his best long-term interests, Howard has created an illusion with the Magic that there are factors that could cause him to sign an extension with the team.

Well, if that's the case, good riddance, you clown.

Woj is right though, trading for some of these guys, like Jackson, Ellis etc. only makes sense if he promises to stay...and without that promise the Magic really can't do it. It would cripple the team even more if he does leave. There's really nothing they can do right now.

For all the crap Otis gets, it seems like he's the only one who gets it now...

Hawkeye15
03-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Not sure why Otis hasn't pulled the trigger yet. He is leaving. Why not get youth and picks for him?

Hawkeye15
03-13-2012, 03:06 PM
The Magic has gotten 2 of the best centers in the last 20 years via the #1 pick, and BOTH left them in their primes. What the hell?

Lakers + Giants
03-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Hahahahaha

We have Bynum not Haywood. LMFAO!

We're ahead of the clippers anyways, just sayin, and ahead of Mavs. :moon:

nyfinest4life
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
makes sense. ive been saying that howard is prob just gonna wait till the offseason to sign with the nets. dwill, howard, with lopez or they could trade lopez for a wing player and they would also have brooks. and the nets would have a lottery pick. hell of a team.

MagicHero3
stuff like this pisses me off. this is their source

"“Dwight’s gone, and [Magic CEO] Alex Martins is the only person who doesn’t believe that,” a league source with knowledge of Howard’s intentions told Yahoo! Sports"

no names, nothing. Not even an occupation or if its a "friend"...

its a league source with knowledge of Howard’s intentions

WHO? nobody knows who that is. It sounds made-up to me. im not arguing that dwight isnt leaving, im arguing at these friggin journalists who keep making up stuff.
If you read this and truly believe it, you are very very naive.

C-Style
Source: Magic want Lakers back in Dwight Howard mix aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012…
Retweeted by Eric Pincus

ManRam
There are enough people out there with close to, if not equal the credibility that Woj has, that say he genuinely isn't 100% sure. He's fickle.

I really don't care either way. Trade him if there's something worth it, hold onto him if there isn't. Even if he walks, so be it. We can start rebuilding next year...

Raph12
03-13-2012, 03:08 PM
I called it, Brooklyn 2012.

RaiderKid318
03-13-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't even want him anymore, changing my sig

I hope Deron leaves and Dwight is stuck there and it will be just another Magic style team

You can kiss plan B bye sir.

ManRam
I called it, Brooklyn 2012.

Bold!

I'm pretty sure most everyone believes that, and has for a while.

I just hope he's not leading the Magic on, like Woj kinda alludes to here. If he is, that's awful. If it's some grand plan like Woj almost makes it sound like (I don't think Dwight is smart enough to do that) then I will embrace the day he leaves.

Lakers + Giants
Retweeted by Eric Pincus

LMAO, bynum and both our 1st round picks?

What now LT?

justinnum1
i still think a team can trade for him as a rental and have him opt in next season like cp3 did

*Superman*
stuff like this pisses me off. this is their source

"“Dwight’s gone, and [Magic CEO] Alex Martins is the only person who doesn’t believe that,” a league source with knowledge of Howard’s intentions told Yahoo! Sports"

no names, nothing. Not even an occupation or if its a "friend"...

its a league source with knowledge of Howard’s intentions

WHO? nobody knows who that is. It sounds made-up to me. im not arguing that dwight isnt leaving, im arguing at these friggin journalists who keep making up stuff.
If you read this and truly believe it, you are very very naive.

Either way, the Nets were SO confident that Dwight would end up there in the summer that they offered us Farmar and Okur's expiring. Something has to be up that Dwight to NJ is all but done on paper. It all makes sense now, giving the Magic false hope so NJ can keep the little assets they have.

:pity: Lost so much respect for this guy.

justinnum1
but bynum is more clutch than dwight;)

Lakers + Giants
03-13-2012, 03:11 PM

More clutch than kobe too :D

MagicHero3
03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
can we merge this into the "official" dwight howard thread or the "official speculation" thread

ManRam
03-13-2012, 03:13 PM
There are literally multiple reports every single day that contradict every other report. Yesterday was bad, today is worse...can't wait for tomorrow!

nickdymez
03-13-2012, 03:13 PM

Or anyone on the Heat not named Wade.

Anyway, I dont want him on the Lakers anymore.

JasonJohnHorn
03-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Orlando needs to move this guy. Dwight did the right thing and told his team that he had no intention of staying past this season so they could work on a deal that would land them some talent to help rebuild after his depature, but somebody in management is kidding themselves into thinking that there is a possibilty that he will stay. HE IS LEAVING!!!!! To where? Who knows? Just move him and bring some talent back to Orlando before he leaves Orlando holding a bag of $#!T.

valade16
03-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Judging from the responses here many Magic fans are just as delusion as their CEO if they think Howard is going to stay. This has all the foreshadowing of LeBron/Bosh's departures.

Howard is gone this summer, that is a fact. If I'm the Magic I bite the bullet and trade him for Lopez and a pick, at least get something out of him leaving.

gotoHcarolina52
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Alex Kennedy

Otis Smith wants to trade Dwight Howard, but ownership isn't ready. "Otis has two days to persuade ownership to trade Dwight," said source.

Ownership is delusional.

YoungOne
03-13-2012, 03:22 PM
allthough I would like a dwight lopez pairing I dont want them in our division :D

5ass
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Judging from the responses here many Magic fans are just as delusion as their CEO if they think Howard is going to stay. This has all the foreshadowing of LeBron/Bosh's departures.

Howard is gone this summer, that is a fact. If I'm the Magic I bite the bullet and trade him for Lopez and a pick, at least get something out of him leaving.

Tell me which magic fan thinks dwight is staying? Judging from your response u need to better ur reading comprehension skills.

sep11ie
Who cares.

ManRam
Yup, I just wrote in the Magic forum about the divide.

There's an obvious schism in the front office. You have the Martins (president)/ DeVos (owner) camp who talk to Dwight, who are friends with Dwight and who think they can convince him to stay. Then you have Otis and most of the rest of the front office, who felt burned by Dwight, who don't really talk with him any more, and who KNOW that he's going to leave.

I know hating Otis is very trendy because he kept funneling money into this team to get it over the hump (at the owners request, let's not forget), but he's the only one who actually might be able to do what's best for the franchise here.

I can't imagine what that front office is dealing with right now. I'd love to see some cameras behind the scene.

Deemerc
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Brooooooooooklyyyyyyyn

ManRam
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM

Judging by what? I think most Magic fans are really pessimistic about how everything will play out...

At least 90% of the ones here are.

We just don't know what to believe, because we hear one report saying one thing and then another saying something different. We've literally heard it all by now...

My gut says he's gonna leave one way or the other, and so does my brain. But still, with everything flying around it's hard not to be uncertain...

DaBUU
03-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Ill say this, Lebron might have taken the easy way, but its obvious he did it to win a championship. Not sure why Dwight plays basketball.

Sinestro
03-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Sigh I hate to say this....but I hope the Heat stop him from ever winning he has handled this situation worse than Melo and LeBron

*Superman*
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Ill say this, Lebron might have taken the easy way, but its obvious he did it to win a championship. Not sure why Dwight plays basketball.

Money and the market, secret crush on Deron?

ManRam
03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
This is Shaquille O’Neal all over again and it’s sad and disappointing because it’s not like playing in Orlando is dreadful.

Orlando has been a consistent winner. It is a wonderful city, which means it’s a destination for free agents. They have solid ownership and one of the best arenas in the world. It is a great place to raise kids. I mean, what kid would not want to grow up in Mickey’s backyard?

I continue to remind players the rainbow is not always brighter on the other side. The fans and city you want to leave know your positives and weaknesses and have learned to live with them.

Take Carmelo Anthony, for example. He longed to go back home to New York to cheers and applause and now those cheers are turning to doubt and boos because the fans only focused in on his offensive numbers and game-winning shots from afar, but now are looking at his defensive effort and volume shooting. Jeremy Lin, an unknown player from Harvard not long ago, excites the masses more than Melo. That would have never happened in Denver because his foundation and body of work was too deep.

Howard has to realize wherever he goes he needs help. He is only a dominant scorer if he has shooters and a decent point guard who have acclimated themselves around him. And even then, it does not guarantee a shot to win a championship because he has that scenario currently in Orlando.

Why does he think changing teams is going to allow him a different scenario in regards to winning a title? Hmmm… Maybe it's not about a championship... Maybe it’s about getting to a bigger, brighter city to enhance of-the-court credibility?

If so, Howard will fail regardless of where he goes. LeBron James has caught a lot of flak for leaving Cleveland, but he did it as a free man. He didn’t make trade demands during the course of the season. He went out and won 60-plus games. Then he decided to spurn the bright lights of New York and Chicago and join a team that made it to the Finals. That was his goal. Howard, on the other hand, seems focused on the bright lights. How's that working for Melo?

Howard is looking at his peers move around and venture into new situations, but none of them have had a smooth transition other than Chris Paul... and the jury is still out on that move.

Howard should realize he will not do any better going somewhere else. Regardless of how he gets to the next team, he will lose ground in two areas immediately.

If it's via trade, the team he is joining will have to give up good players to get the deal done. Plus he will lose financially because Orlando can pay the most money.

So why not stay in Orlando and allow Otis Smith to get the best possible players around you and gain respect and attention as being the player that stayed the course with an organization that has supported you since your arrival?

This to me is much more attention-grabbing than making a splurge into another city. That will ramp up expectations you might not be able to live up to.

Quite honestly, when you only shoot 57 percent from the free-throw line you are not the go-to player on your team in the last two minutes. That by itself will alienate new fans in ways your Orlando supporters have learned to live with.

Howard should re-sign with Orlando and get under Shaq's skin even more. He has complained that he is the original Superman and not you. Well, if you stay and bring a championship to Orlando in the near future you will claim the title as Superman because you would have done something he couldn’t do.

http://hoopshype.com/columns/johnson/howard-is-making-a-mistake

If anyone thinks Dwight is handling this better than anyone else, you're wrong. Period.

Aust
03-13-2012, 03:33 PM

This. Dwight has made it clear he's choosing money and fame over winning Chips.

Was wondering if the Nets have completely closed all trade talks with ORL since they know they can get him in FA?

Eagles4Lyfe
03-13-2012, 03:34 PM
All i have to say is Chris Bosh.
He was worse than this to us its not even debatable

LTBaByyy
03-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Magic are 3rd in the east, Howard is just stupid.

He could get back to finals if he was focused. But he just wants to go to one of the worst teams in the East

Teeboy1487
03-13-2012, 03:36 PM
The Lakers need to stay far away from this guy. If he is that determine to sign with the Nets then let him go.

Raph12
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
If anyone thinks Dwight is handling this better than anyone else, you're wrong. Period.

VC in Toronto says "hi"...

If management traded him in the offseason, none of this happens; he wants out, they won't trade him.

ManRam
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
VC in Toronto says "hi"...

If management traded him in the offseason, none of this happens; he wants out, they won't trade him.

Still...honor the contract you signed. If you want out, say so, and then move on. Melo said he wanted out, and then refused to ever talk about it after that. Dwight's opened his mouth too much. The ownership has made things worse, but they have the right to not trade him if they don't want...

People act like Dwight is doing the Magic a favor...he's not, not at this point. Not if this Woj thing is true. Not if he leads the team on and causes them to make a bad move. LeBron honored his contract, and then left when he was a free man. No other player gets criticized for doing that if that happens. Leave if you want. I was made at Shaq, but that was his right. It was LeBron's right.

The whole Dwight thing has just spiraled. It's not all his fault, it's not all the ownerships fault, but it is ugly.

Weezy
03-13-2012, 03:40 PM
This guy is a clown. Lebron was bad because of "The Decision" but Cavs are rebuilding nicely with Kyrie. Melo, well that just lasted throughout a whole damn season but at least Nuggets got some pieces. Cp3 was over and done with quickly.

Orlando looks like they are getting f'd over completely; no pieces, no young talent, a 2012 high draft pick is questionable now and a lot of fans won't buy season tickets next year. God, the game he comes back to Orl should be interesting.

VCaintdead17
Magic NEED to get something out of him. I'd hate to see him leave without them getting any sort of compensation. Otherwise, the Magic will be in a worse position then any other team in the league with huge contracts and really only one valuable piece (Anderson).

Valkyrie
People are mad at Dwight for not wanting to join a great team (Bulls, Lakers), and people got mad LeBron for joining a great team, as a free agent as well which isn't the same as a trade. This just cements the fact that people hate on LeBron just for the sake of it.

Sinestro
03-13-2012, 03:42 PM
I hope the Magic organization can bounce back quickly they're like the Jazz of the west, the playoffs just don't feel right unless they're there

Teeboy1487
03-13-2012, 03:43 PM
This. Dwight has made it clear he's choosing money and fame over winning Chips.

Was wondering if the Nets have completely closed all trade talks with ORL since they know they can get him in FA?
They should. Why give up Lopez now when you can trade him for more pieces around Dwight when he gets there eventually.

justinnum1
03-13-2012, 03:43 PM
All i have to say is Chris Bosh.
He was worse than this to us its not even debatable

:confused: how so?

ManRam
03-13-2012, 03:44 PM
People are mad at Dwight for not wanting to join a great team (Bulls, Lakers), and people got mad LeBron for joining a great team, as a free agent as well which isn't the same as a trade. This just cements the fact that people hate on LeBron just for the sake of it.

Pointing out hypocrisy in things that LeBron is involved in isn't even worth it any more. It exists in everything.

Aust
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
If I'm the Magic, I'm calling up the Knicks. Try to get Chandler+Amare or Chandler+Melo for Dwight. Dwight would be happy in NY, right?

Teeboy1487
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
This is far worse than the Lebron situation. I still to this day don't understand the hate he received for joining the Heat over rotting in Cleveland his whole career. The guy turned down millions to play for a championship rather than getting the max. It's not even comparable imo to this.

Metsboi69
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
If I'm the Magic, I'm calling up the Knicks. Try to get Chandler+Amare or Chandler+Melo for Dwight. Dwight would be happy in NY, right?

I'm kinda shocked something like this hasn't really been talked about. Although it would have to be Chandler and Melo methinks, I dont think anyone would take Amare right now.

Anon
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
So easy to predict things that are months away.

5ass
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
ok, theres so much dwight bashing going on im going to try to put myself in dwight's shoes. he has the chance to be the franchise player in NY. go to a great city, new arena, and probably make more money (assuming the 400 mill shoe deal rumor is true, much more money). He is going to play with a better supporting cast in Deron, Morrow/Brooks, Green, Lopez(trade for josh smith?), and cap space. Not only can they let him play with his ****ing BFFs (smith,deron,morrow). They can also sign more of his friends like Kirilenko, Arenas, ect. Even though im pissed at dwight i can understand, after all its like he said a million times "im going to do whats best for me." He suggested they trade him at the beginning of the season and the magic said no, why would he help them out now.

ManRam
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM

I'd rather trade him for expirings and draft picks than getting all that salary back...I mean, we'd never be able to be better than what the Knicks are right now with two of those guys as the core, right? And they're not very good.

Raph12
03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Still...honor the contract you signed. If you want out, say so, and then move on. Melo said he wanted out, and then refused to ever talk about it after that. Dwight's opened his mouth too much. The ownership has made things worse, but they have the right to not trade him if they don't want...

People act like Dwight is doing the Magic a favor...he's not, not at this point. Not if this Woj thing is true. Not if he leads the team on and causes them to make a bad move. LeBron honored his contract, and then left when he was a free man. No other player gets criticized for doing that if that happens. Leave if you want. I was made at Shaq, but that was his right. It was LeBron's right.

The whole Dwight thing has just spiraled. It's not all his fault, it's not all the ownerships fault, but it is ugly.

Oh I definitely agree that at this point, Dwight has handled things like ****. He did them a favor in the beginning, by going to management and asking for a trade privately. Otis spread it in the news that Dwight wanted out (probably to give him bad press [he loves to be loved and they weren't on good terms]) at which point Dwight admitted to wanting a trade... I'm just saying that if he was traded when he made his demand, none of this happens.

We turned down all deals prior to the season starting and it's come back to bite us in the ***. I don't have my exact quote, but I believe I said that we should trade him before the season starts for Bynum, because Bynum would beast and the Nets wouldn't want to deal for him midseason, and everyone told me that the same deals would be there midseason... Did I hit the nail on the head or what?

C-Style
Lakers should do the deal now(Bynum 4 Dwight) &th ey can just go after D-will on a 3 team trade Gasol to Celtics and Rondo to Nets.

Lakers

Kobe
Deron
Dwight

I think Dwight will stay after that!

Eagles4Lyfe
:confused: how so?

Played us like a fiddle not only our fanbase but our Front office to.
This guy put out a video saying how he reps tdot to the fullest, had ustream videos acknowledging how hes a raptor for life.
Then making our FO feel like he was actually interested in signing with us and that he'd really have to think it over and low and behold first day of FA BAM he's gone.

He actually made us believe we had a fighting chance when its clear we never did hows this different than Howard?? Its worse atleast Howards told you guys to trade him before and stuff, Bosh never even told us he's considering leaving and for us to trade him.

Valkyrie
03-13-2012, 03:51 PM
This is far worse than the Lebron situation. I still to this day don't understand the hate he received for joining the Heat over rotting in Cleveland his whole career. The guy turned down millions to play for a championship rather than getting the max. It's not even comparable imo to this.

The whole decision thing was bad, but it was OBVIOUS at that point he was leaving. Amare was already in NY, Wade/Bosh were in Miami, Boozer was already in chicago I think. Why the hell would he go on TV to say he was staying in CLE? Only Cavs fans living in denial were thinking he was staying up to that point.

Shmontaine
Magic NEED to get something out of him. I'd hate to see him leave without them getting any sort of compensation. Otherwise, the Magic will be in a worse position then any other team in the league with huge contracts and really only one valuable piece (Anderson).

just trade him to whatever team will give ORL the most assets along with dumping hedo's contract and the magic are actually positioned to bounce back rather quickly... if that's the nets, so be it, get the most from the nets, ala denver and ny with melo... i actually see a similar result if that were to happen.

Anon
I'd rather trade him for expirings and draft picks than getting all that salary back...I mean, we'd never be able to be better than what the Knicks are right now with two of those guys as the core, right? And they're not very good.

Completely agree. Trading Dwight should either wipe out all our bad contracts or bring back a true, young superstar. Otherwise let's see if he is ready to leave all that money on the table.

Sactown
03-13-2012, 03:52 PM
If I'm Orlando I try to **** the Nets and send him somewhere where he might be convinced into staying

King P
Dwight hasn't handled the situation nearly as bad as Lebron

LongIslandIcedZ
I couldnt stand what Lebron did cause I thought he took the easy way out and the whol "Decision" thing.

This Dwight Howard thing is just annoying. IF the reports are true then Dwight needs a psychiatrist lol

Metsboi69
03-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Lakers should do the deal now(Bynum 4 Dwight) &th ey can just go after D-will on a 3 team trade Gasol to Celtics and Rondo to Nets.

Lakers

Kobe
Deron
Dwight

I think Dwight will stay after that!

Why would the Nets agree to a trade that hands the Lakers Dwight and Dwill, when reportedly all they have to do is wait till the summer to have both? Also Lakers aren't trading for Howard unless he says he'll stay beyond this season, and from all indications he won't do that.

MagicHero3
03-13-2012, 03:54 PM
If I'm Orlando I try to **** the Nets and send him somewhere where he might be convinced into staying

i was thinking that! ship him off to TORONTO or somewhere horrible for the rest of the season. haha send him to the Bobcats! get us some 1st round picks while were at it

Weezy
03-13-2012, 03:55 PM
i was thinking that! ship him off to TORONTO or somewhere horrible for the rest of the season. haha send him to the Bobcats! get us some 1st round picks while were at it

Send him to the KNICKS LMAO!...................

:sigh:

C-Style
03-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Why would the Nets agree to a trade that hands the Lakers Dwight and Dwill, when reportedly all they have to do is wait till the summer to have both? Also Lakers aren't trading for Howard unless he says he'll stay beyond this season, and from all indications he won't do that.

Only way the Lakers get Dwight is if they can acquire Deron. they are 1 of 3 teams that are allowed talk to him, they can convince him that they will go after Deron after it happens

MagicHero3
03-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Send him to the KNICKS LMAO!...................

:sigh:

funny u should say that! get Melo + Chandler in return, id really like that.

PLUS it would be a big slap in the face of all the NJNet fans which would feel rreeeaalllyy good

heyman321
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I couldnt stand what Lebron did cause I thought he took the easy way out and the whol "Decision" thing.

This Dwight Howard thing is just annoying. IF the reports are true then Dwight needs a psychiatrist lol

Lol you're just mad he didnt go to New York

Tmath
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM

Wouldn't want him in Toronto without an extension, he would ruin our draft position.

King P
03-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Also with Lebron; it's not just the whole decision thing, the worst part is that it was collusion.

If Lebron had played out his contract and then got with Wade & Bosh over the offseason and decided "let's all play for the Heat", I wouldn't care. But let's be honest, the Big 3 in Miami had been planned years ago, while he was still under contract with Cleveland. That's the most ****ed up part in my opinion.

Weezy
03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
funny u should say that! get Melo + Chandler in return, id really like that.

PLUS it would be a big slap in the face of all the NJNet fans which would feel rreeeaalllyy good

That's a big slap.. pretty hilarious. I doubt Knicks FO will do that unless Dwight accepts an extension maybe who knows? I love Tyson Chandler.. dude plays hard every night and doesn't complain unlike some idiots (aka Dwight)

By what we are all reading it looks like Dwight is just that set for BK and BK only and could care less about Orl getting pieces back. What happen to this dude...?

Metsboi69
03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Only way the Lakers get Dwight is if they can acquire Deron. they are 1 of 3 teams that are allowed talk to him, they can convince him that they will go after Deron after it happens

I'm not saying Dwight to the Lakers is impossible. But Dwill going to the lakers is indeed impossible, I'm sorry.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Lol you're just mad he didnt go to New York

Not quite, but nice try lol

I wouldda been fine if he went to Chicago or Cleveland as well. Part of me wanted him to go to Cleveland. But he chose the heat and I considered it to be the easy way out. No need to look into it any more than that.

Tmath
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
If Dwight does go to the Nets my Raptors are screwed for at least another 3 years. How are we supposed to make the playoffs with the Sixers, Knicks, Nets & Boston in the same division. :sigh:

NYsFinest
03-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Also with Lebron; it's not just the whole decision thing, the worst part is that it was collusion.

If Lebron had played out his contract and then got with Wade & Bosh over the offseason and decided "let's all play for the Heat", I wouldn't care. But let's be honest, the Big 3 in Miami had been planned years ago, while he was still under contract with Cleveland. That's the most ****ed up part in my opinion.

And what do you think Dwight and Deron did? :rolleyes:

The goods
03-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Nope if he's going to leave for the nets then I don't want him.

Weezy
03-13-2012, 04:09 PM
If Dwight does go to the Nets my Raptors are screwed for at least another 3 years. How are we supposed to make the playoffs with the Sixers, Knicks, Nets & Boston in the same division. :sigh:

Knicks? You're joking right .. :cry::cry::cry:

Sadly, no one will trade for this guy now.

King P
03-13-2012, 04:11 PM
And what do you think Dwight and Deron did? :rolleyes:
Yea, but at least Dwight had the decency to request a trade so that he wouldn't leave Orlando empty handed.

The front office decided to play hardball and not listen to him. That's on them

The goods
03-13-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm not saying Dwight to the Lakers is impossible. But Dwill going to the lakers is indeed impossible, I'm sorry.

I wouldn't say impossible but highly highly unlikely lol maybe if deron requested the lakers and only the lakers we could have a shot but that's a lot that has to happen in the next 2 days but you never know.
If we had them along with kobe man that'd be sweet,a nice laker dream.

NYsFinest
03-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Yea, but at least Dwight had the decency to request a trade so that he wouldn't leave Orlando empty handed.

Pretty much the same thing, he colluded with Dwight since the summer and made it publicly known that he wasn't going to sign anywhere other than the Nets, completely destroying his value. I guess Orlando should be grateful for the gift that is the privelage to pay Brook Lopez this summer :eyebrow:

You are just trying to justify it because you are a Nets fan.... truth is the superstars are out of control in this league.

Valkyrie
03-13-2012, 04:16 PM

Why would LeBron have been traded mid season in 09-10 when they were the favorites to win? He probably was going to Miami all along, and I think the Cavs got a trade exception from the Heat? Dont remeber.

kdspurman
03-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Nothing surprising here. I don't know why people actually thought he would end up in Dallas or something. He and Deron will be in Brooklyn. Might not be his best chance at a title, but he wants to be the face of a franchise. And he will be that in one of the biggest markets out there. That's all some of these guys want now days

King P
03-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Pretty much the same thing, he colluded with Dwight since the summer and made it publicly known that he wasn't going to sign anywhere other than the Nets, completely destroying his value. I guess Orlando should be grateful for the gift that is the privelage to pay Brook Lopez this summer :eyebrow:

You are just trying to justify it because you are a Nets fan.... truth is the superstars are out of control in this league.
I'm not justifying it at all. Dwight gave them a trade request and never rescinded it.

Nets had a 3-way trade in order to get Dwight, in which Otis agreed upon. Yet the CEO said no and pulled the plug. Who's fault is that? from the beginning, Orlando chose to play hardball. And because of that, they'll have nobody else to blame when Dwight walks and they get nothing for him.

HoodedSB
03-13-2012, 04:21 PM

Not sure why that makes it worse. Nothing illegal or wrong with that. Besides, it was probably one of those "wouldn't it be great" type convos. You're not giving enough credit to the miami FO and pat for pulling it off.

rapjuicer06
03-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Most Magic fans have been wanting to trade him for awhile so we can get something good back. Most Magic fans have been wanting to trade him to the Nets so we can start a rebuild. Brook Lopez and Marshon Brooks are a good start at that, and getting a first round pick while at it, makes even more sense. But no, the stupid owners ****ed this up. Not Otis, the owners ****ed themselves. Just get this douchebag out of Orlando

shep33
03-13-2012, 04:23 PM
I know there are reports of Orlando wanting LA back in the mix, but there is 0% chance LA trades Bynum for a Howard rental

MickeyMgl
03-13-2012, 04:24 PM

Hahahahaha

They aren't on his list.

netsgiantsyanks
03-13-2012, 04:25 PM
as a basketball fan, i'm not really too fond of what dwight is doing. plus there is no 100% he ends up with the nets, he can change his mind last second and **** 2 teams over.

King P
03-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Not sure why that makes it worse. Nothing illegal or wrong with that. Besides, it was probably one of those "wouldn't it be great" type convos. You're not giving enough credit to the miami FO and pat for pulling it off.
Because you're under contract with another team. That's disrespectful to talk about going to another specific team when you are with another team (unless you request a trade). It also showed there really was nothing Cleveland could have done to keep him.

And to make it worse, was how he strung along all these other teams. If he wanted to go to the Heat, hw shoulda immediately announced that once free agency started. Why would you plan meetings with other teams and have them convince you to join other team, why you know they have no shot at actually signing you?

NYsFinest
03-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Because you're under contract with another team. That's disrespectful to talk about going to another specific team when you are with another team (unless you request a trade). It also showed there really was nothing Cleveland could have done to keep him.

And to make it worse, was how he strung along all these other teams. If he wanted to go to the Heat, hw shoulda immediately announced that once free agency started. Why would you plan meetings with other teams and have them convince you to join other team, why you know they have no shot at actually signing you?

Its the same exact thing!! Dwight and Deron talked about the Nets ever since Deron got traded there... its an opinion on whats worse, demanding a trade halfway through a very successful season where you can make a run for the title or giving it your all throughout your whole contract and trying to win while you are an employee of that organization.

Avenged
03-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Magic are a top team in the league.. But Dwight wants to go to another team to win? :eyebrow: But won't accept to commit to teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls. Irony.

NYsFinest
03-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Dwight is making a huge mistake btw if he wants to be in a "big market", change the title of this thread to Bulls, Lakers, Knicks, Celtics etc etc and this thread has 40 pages instead of 7...

Punk
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
When you really think about it...Do you blame him for wanting to create his own legacy in New York?

It won't take long before people start lining up to play with Deron and him.

shep33
03-13-2012, 05:26 PM
I don't blame Otis, Martins seems to be holding things up.

shep33
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/17771692/magic-getting-close-to-dwight-decision-nets-in-lead

Berger is now saying that they're leaning toward dealing him

shep33
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Sources: #Magic coming to grips with trading Dwight, and #Nets are in the lead. #NBA http://goo.gl/hOR6X

Berger

DoMeFavors
03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
If Nets would have given up a lot of their assets Melo would be a Net and most likely Deron would be a Knick with Amare. I am so happy the way things turned out. I WAS ONCE THAT LITTLE BOY TERRIFIED OF THE WORLD NOW IM ON A WORLD TOUR!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

They should tear down the Cyclone Roller Coster in Coney Island and build a Dwight Howard statue.

gotoHcarolina52
03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Ethan J. Skolnick

SVG on Jon Barry calling him Coach of the Year: "That's very nice of Jon and that also shows he's not the top analyst."

:laugh2:

njnets
03-13-2012, 05:44 PM
^haha so messed up. gotta love the honestly though lol

lavilevi23
03-13-2012, 05:46 PM
ethan j. Skolnick

:laugh2:

lol

ManRam
03-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Stan Van Gundy is going HAM right now. I love him. Love love love!

He's just telling it how it is. Best pre-game interview EVER!

"I really don't give a damn bout getting fired ... If they want to fire me to please somebody, fire me."

"Wade, James and Bosh scare me a lot more than some rumor about me getting fired."

shep33
03-13-2012, 05:51 PM
I love SVG.

Aust
03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Sources: #Magic coming to grips with trading Dwight, and #Nets are in the lead. #NBA http://goo.gl/hOR6X

Berger

Nets are in the lead to get him in the offseason is what they should do. What will they honestly offer ORL when they can grab him later without having to gut their assets? Will they trade with ORL out of pity??? :confused:

*Silver&Black*
03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
SVG is awesome.

DoMeFavors
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Nets are going to take over, they are going to be the most stacked team.
Championship year after year. Plus free agents will be fludding to the Nets.

GOOD LUCK REST OF THE LEAGUE HAHA

h2r09
03-13-2012, 06:00 PM

right now you have nobody but williams and the single worst supporting cast I've ever seen. adding dwight howard won't help that right now. plus that still isn't close enough to beat the heat and you won't have brook lopez.

*Silver&Black*
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah, Nets fans should wait to bait the "rest of the league" when they actually have a good team.

DoMeFavors
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
right now you have nobody but williams and the single worst supporting cast I've ever seen. adding dwight howard won't help that right now. plus that still isn't close enough to beat the heat and you won't have brook lopez.

Its a supporting cast of role players that you put around a Dwight Howard and Deron Williams.
SORRY:D

meloman1592
03-13-2012, 06:03 PM

:crazy:

Aust
03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Its a supporting cast of role players that you put around a Dwight Howard and Deron Williams.
SORRY:D

Come back and talk to us when your team is above .500 :eyebrow:

lavilevi23
03-13-2012, 06:14 PM
DoMeFavors you're such a troll...!

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-13-2012, 06:29 PM

Stop making us Nets fans look bad...jesus...

Cano-Montero...
03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
lol... Good luck to the nets!

VCaintdead17
03-13-2012, 06:51 PM

Leave to a Nets fan to guarantee multiple championships before a single move is made.

That's okay, I know you're not a reflection of most Nets fans as most are cool, intelligent, dudes.

arkanian215
03-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Either way, the Nets were SO confident that Dwight would end up there in the summer that they offered us Farmar and Okur's expiring. Something has to be up that Dwight to NJ is all but done on paper. It all makes sense now, giving the Magic false hope so NJ can keep the little assets they have.

:pity: Lost so much respect for this guy.

What? I'm pretty sure any deal would revolve around lopez, brooks and picks.

blahblahyoutoo
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM

To be fair, has Dwight ever claimed he wanted max contract? You know, like how melo was unwilling to sign in the off-season because he wanted both ny plus he money.
It sounds to me like Dwight just wants out.

And lebron is hated cuz he's the best player in the league and cuz of the decision.

nolafan33
03-14-2012, 11:17 AM
I think the Nets could be in the making of a horrendously bad defensive squad, if they resign Lopez.

Lopez would be playing next to the top scoring C in the league, and Lopez really doesn't impact the game aside from scoring. He also has health scares. He also can't come out of the post to play D, so do you want to take Dwight out from under the basket? I wouldn't. Then you likely have an excellent shot blocker and rebounder out of position, leaving a weak defender and poor rebounder protecting the paint.

Not to mention you have a guy like Brooks on the wing who isn't very concerned with defense, and even though DWill is considered a good defender that could be left up for debate. So having poor perimeter defenders and a poor paint defender, while your best defender is getting pulled out from under the basket by 4's that can stretch the floor? Terrible combination.

Rockice_8
03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Woj is captain obvious. I saw this coming a mile away. I just question why it took the writers so long to write it.

How does Dwight get everything he wants. . . . Signs with Brooklyn in the offseason, DUH!

Rockice_8
03-14-2012, 11:24 AM
I think the Nets could be in the making of a horrendously bad defensive squad, if they resign Lopez.

Lopez would be playing next to the top scoring C in the league, and Lopez really doesn't impact the game aside from scoring. He also has health scares. He also can't come out of the post to play D, so do you want to take Dwight out from under the basket? I wouldn't. Then you likely have an excellent shot blocker and rebounder out of position, leaving a weak defender and poor rebounder protecting the paint.

Not to mention you have a guy like Brooks on the wing who isn't very concerned with defense, and even though DWill is considered a good defender that could be left up for debate. So having poor perimeter defenders and a poor paint defender, while your best defender is getting pulled out from under the basket by 4's that can stretch the floor? Terrible combination.

I don't know how Lopez would fair next to Dwight. Offensively is a great combination but defensively Dwight is still anchoring the paint don't worry about that. I'd expect a ton of 3-2 zone with the two bigs down low clogging the paint. Lopez is a decent shot blocker/shot challenger. Teams are going to have to be hot from outside if they are going to beat that team.

Offensively they would be a nightmare to match up with.

benzni
03-14-2012, 11:27 AM
:cool:

Weezy
03-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Stan Van Gundy is going HAM right now. I love him. Love love love!

He's just telling it how it is. Best pre-game interview EVER!

YES I SAW HIM saying. hilarious.. him and JVG are so alike and Knick fans loved Jeff. SVG is obviously sick of all this crap going on but he is still coaching the team and winning. Quite impressive if you ask me.

Rockice_8
03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
So let me get this straight.

Melo only wanted NY, Howard only wants Brooklyn

Knicks sell the farm for Melo (cause he wanted his money) and Brooklyn gets Dwight for nothing (cause he wants to win).

That sounds about right.

VinceCarter
03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
So let me get this straight.

Melo only wanted NY, Howard only wants Brooklyn

Knicks sell the farm for Melo (cause he wanted his money) and Brooklyn gets Dwight for nothing (cause he wants to win).

That sounds about right.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/3/14/2871273/broussard-nets-want-howard-now-trying-for-three-team-deal

Looks like the Nets are not taking any chances and are trying to trade for him now.

FriedTofuz
03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
howard is just draawn to the net by how much money prokarov will give him outside of a max contract. He says he wants to finish up the season only so the nets preserve assets.

MagicHero3
03-14-2012, 04:24 PM
as soon as dwight opts in (if he does), i believe this thread can be CLOSED :)

Crackadalic
03-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Most likely opt in so idk what will happen to the nets

Evolution23
03-14-2012, 04:30 PM
howard is just draawn to the net by how much money prokarov will give him outside of a max contract. He says he wants to finish up the season only so the nets preserve assets.

What world do you live in?

Anon
03-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Like I said earlier in the thread. It is easy to predict things that are months away.

LAKERMANIA
03-14-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm just really confused right now on why Dwight is THAT determined to go to the Nets... Really? As if the Lakers are that bad of a franchise that has no chance of winning it all if we land dwight without giving up Gasol...

Anyway if we dont get Dwight I'm ok with it, Bynum is really stepping up now, all we need is a good PG and a good spark off the bench and we are solid.