PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the Knicks?

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2012, 02:07 PM
I know their bench isn't the best, how they're taking gambles with JR Smith, the lack of chemistry with Lin & Melo, but they shouldn't be losing this much!

I thought they were going to be all right come playoff time, but they've lost, what, six in a row now? That doesn't bode well for them.

You'd think a team with Amar'e and Melo would do much better.

sep11ie
03-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Congrats, you are the 1,000,000th poster to make this thread!

shep33
03-13-2012, 02:16 PM
This is coming from a guy who is a big Melo + Amare fan. There two stars (see previous sentence) are not playing well this year. They're not coming through on their end of the deal, in no way are they playing like $20 million studs.

No excuses for this team... they aren't playing well. You can blame Mike D all you want, and I'm not a fan of his, but when Amare is imagining getting rebounds instead of actually getting them, the Knicks win yesterday (Novak had more rebounds then Amare in 21 less minutes). If Melo and Amare play like they did last year in terms of efficiency, they'll win more games.

Stars take the credit, and now it's time to take the blame.

LAKobeBryant
03-13-2012, 02:17 PM
did you just watch the knicks highlight just now?

justinnum1
03-13-2012, 02:19 PM
bad chemisrty
bad fit melo and stat
wrong type of role players
little to no effort
selfish #1 and #2 options, i wont call them stars

Shmontaine
03-13-2012, 02:21 PM
effort, camaraderie, & coaching...

davids22
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Two words:

Carmelo Anthony

Kashmir13579
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Couldn't you have just posted this in one of the current Knick threads? You aren't bringing anything new to the table.

NetSymptom
03-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Just poor, poor effort too often in the games. I watched the Clippers-Knicks game last night, and saw too often a Knick standing around instead of boxing out, players playing matador defense, and just losing out on the 50/50 balls more often than not.

They wait to long to turn on the motor, when a team that talented should have it running 110% all game every game. That goes on the players and coaches, not one or the other.

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Well, you guys seem to get the gist of their problems. You'd think the Knicks would be as quick to point out and solve them.

Chi StateOfMind
03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Melo & Stat. Look how they were playing without both stars. Yes it was against bad teams but they were fighting and hungry. Once Melo and Stat came back it was gone.

LAKobeBryant
03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
read the other knicks threads if you want answers or discussion or make billions of threads at your own knicks sections

kurivaimu
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Answer: Carmelo Anthony.

When he was out, the team was playing good ball. Now he is back and they suck again.

sep11ie
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
They need a glue guy, i.e. Scalabrine or Collison.

davids22
03-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Carmelo is just bad. He's an iso player. Just hangs onto the ball and waits 15 seconds before dragging his foot a million times to take a contested jumper or drive to the line. This team was playing TEAM ball with Melo out. Lin was leading the show, and Amare knows D-Antonis system enough and they need a good and quick PG to run the show (Lin). Melo just screws all that up. They'd be better with an offball player like GALLO still on the team to hit those jumpers and doesn't need to run the show like Melo. Sadly, no one in the Knicks organization will realize they made a mistake trading for Melo because they "needed" the star power on their teams. Melo doesn't care, he got paid and got his ticket to the Big Apple and it's endorsements. The Knicks will never beat the Heat or Bulls in a 7 game series, let alone the Celtics or 76ers... and that's IF they make the playoffs.

Sinestro
03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
They need a glue guy, i.e. Scalabrine or Collison.

I think so too, too many "me first" people on that team

fadedmario
03-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Carmelo Anthony is what's wrong with them. He's a cancer. We'll give you Charlie Villanueva for him.

smith&wesson
03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
This is coming from a guy who is a big Melo + Amare fan. There two stars (see previous sentence) are not playing well this year. They're not coming through on their end of the deal, in no way are they playing like $20 million studs.

No excuses for this team... they aren't playing well. You can blame Mike D all you want, and I'm not a fan of his, but when Amare is imagining getting rebounds instead of actually getting them, the Knicks win yesterday (Novak had more rebounds then Amare in 21 less minutes). If Melo and Amare play like they did last year in terms of efficiency, they'll win more games.

Stars take the credit, and now it's time to take the blame.

this..

BallIsAll
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Where's the guy writing the nuggets thread after Lin started beastin and all 5 nuggets starters were injured?

Da Knicks
03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
the problem is Mike D'antoni its that simple.

heyman321
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
read the other knicks threads if you want answers or discussion or make billions of threads at your own knicks sections

Why do people make reponses like these? You still had to type something out, so you might as well have just answered him, or ignored the thread entirely.

Blitzbolt
03-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Mike D'antoni+big stars in Melo.AS and Tyson=bad.

JasonJohnHorn
03-13-2012, 03:18 PM
There should be a poll on this thread, with 100% of the answers being: D'Antoni is what is wrong with the Knicks. SMH. I thought NY fired this guy in the off-season, then I find out he's still coaching them to start the season. Even if they are only staying for a couple of seasons Phil Jackson and Jerry Sloan would have gotten a lot more milage out of this roster than D'Antoni has. Flip Saunders would be an upgrade even.

nate2usmc
03-13-2012, 03:20 PM
effort, camaraderie, & coaching...

BINGO!

Talent wise, the team is just fine. The poor chemistry and coaching has led to poor effort. Unfortunately, Mike D'Antoni is the best coach available. Phil ain't comin back.

P.S: **** all the Knicks fans who claimed Knicks were championship contenders. Frikkin Jinxers! :mad: :facepalm: lol

justinnum1
03-13-2012, 03:38 PM
the problem is Mike D'antoni its that simple.

wrong, thats an easy excuse, funny thing is if they would have won last night(and they could have if they put a little effort into boxing out) knicks fans would be hyping how they beat an injury riddled bulls team.

dantoni isnt a great coach, but look at the talent you have, its sad that the coach is to blame.

I dont understand how its dantois fault when they lose, hes not playing out there, he has a proven system you have a top 5 center...your 2 highest paid players are overrated, dont play D, and hardly give effort. not to mention they are selfish as hell out there. if melo doesnt get the ball he just walks around out there.

kobebabe
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
These Nicks threads are way too rendudant and need to end somehow. The team sucks and play NO DEFENSE! What more can we add that we ain't already?

dnewguy
03-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Mike D'antoni wasn't a bad coach till he got to the Knicks.......maybe you need to look at your pg and SG positions a bit more. Against the Bulls, Melo did not get to touch the ball in 4th till around 3 mins left, Lin was trying to take over....lol. Amare is not the problem, they have too many guards who don't value big man on that team.

ChicagoFan4Eva
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Melo

AI
03-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Anybody who thinks the problem is Carmelo is a fool.

A team that runs the same plays all game will not win games. All they do is pick and roll all game. Not to mention, Amare and Lin can't play defense or box out if their life depended on it. They need a new offensive system, playing run and gun will never win you a championship. They also need a new defensive outlook, all they do is switch the pick and roll. The game vs the Celtics, Boston ran the same play like 10 straight times because Pierce would always end up with the much smaller defender.

Sactown
03-13-2012, 04:07 PM
There's to many players who think they are "Superstars", but they have no superstars.. get it?

Weezy
03-13-2012, 04:09 PM

A team that runs the same plays all game will not win games. All they do is pick and roll all game. Not to mention, Amare and Lin can't play defense or box out if their life depended on it. They need a new offensive system, playing run and gun will never win you a championship. They also need a new defensive outlook, all they do is switch the pick and roll. The game vs the Celtics, Boston ran the same play like 10 straight times because Pierce would always end up with the much smaller defender.

Basically.. This. I mean you nailed it here.

He115ing
03-13-2012, 04:20 PM

And who calls the plays? The coach!! I hope they get rid of him asap. He is just horrible!!