PDA

View Full Version : Found cheap jays fitteds

pollox
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
official on field hats some dude is selling on kijiji for 40 flat.. not a bad deal

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sporting-goods-exercise-baseball-softball-On-Field-Official-Blue-Jays-2012-Fitted-Hats-pick-your-size-W0QQAdIdZ362583662

craigerlee
03-12-2012, 06:28 PM
official on field hats some dude is selling on kijiji for 40 flat.. not a bad deal

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sporting-goods-exercise-baseball-softball-On-Field-Official-Blue-Jays-2012-Fitted-Hats-pick-your-size-W0QQAdIdZ362583662

As opposed to the $34.99 plus taxes they sell for at the Jays shop?

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12256341&cp=1452930

Not sure how great of a deal that is.

pollox
03-12-2012, 06:39 PM
As opposed to the $34.99 plus taxes they sell for at the Jays shop?

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12256341&cp=1452930

Not sure how great of a deal that is.

is that free shipping to canada?

craigerlee
03-12-2012, 06:55 PM
is that free shipping to canada?

I don't know but I'm pretty sure that 34.99 price holds at any Jays shop and considering the seller is pretty much downtown by the looks of it you may as well go to the Eatons Centre or Rogers Centre and buy it.

TO Rapz
03-12-2012, 06:56 PM
That's not a great price at all and I'm a hat freak.

BBB
03-12-2012, 06:58 PM
40 BUCKS???????? That's over retail price. lol I don't know how you would think this is cheap. And this "dude" is probably you.

JermanJaysFan
03-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Since the price has now been dropped to $35 after the backlash, I think it is pretty obvious this is you selling these hats...

Eagles4Lyfe
03-12-2012, 08:35 PM
haha you can get fitteds for 20-30 bucks at the flea market that are sick quality.
Then there is lids where you can get 2 for 60 bucks why in the world would someone pay 35 for one?? Your asking for retail price bro thats not a deal at all

phillipmike
03-13-2012, 05:07 AM
Since the price has now been dropped to $35 after the backlash, I think it is pretty obvious this is you selling these hats...

hmmmm.... Everywhere is selling them for $10.

masTOR_shake1
03-13-2012, 05:41 AM

lmao, yea i think so too.

coincidentally, I have a new jays hat and I've noticed that there are some real differences between the new jays hats and most new era fitteds. the brim is MUCH firmer, I had to dip/wash the bill in fabric softener water just to be able to give it that natural bend. they also seem impervious to molding. I've worn it in the shower, during workouts and just out and about and it never seems to shrink/conform to my head like every other 7 1/2 hat that i have, which sucks biiiig time. I end up wearing my fitted cubs hat most of the time just becuase it fits soo damn perfectly. I love the new logo, but the hats suck imo, unless you love that "flat brim, always new looking" style, i'd say steer clear :(.

phillipmike
03-13-2012, 09:04 AM
lmao, yea i think so too.

coincidentally, I have a new jays hat and I've noticed that there are some real differences between the new jays hats and most new era fitteds. the brim is MUCH firmer, I had to dip/wash the bill in fabric softener water just to be able to give it that natural bend. they also seem impervious to molding. I've worn it in the shower, during workouts and just out and about and it never seems to shrink/conform to my head like every other 7 1/2 hat that i have, which sucks biiiig time. I end up wearing my fitted cubs hat most of the time just becuase it fits soo damn perfectly. I love the new logo, but the hats suck imo, unless you love that "flat brim, always new looking" style, i'd say steer clear :(.

I agreed i have a new one too and do not like it. In addition to the flat brim it also is deeper than the old ones. I want to wear a tight fitted hat with curved brim like the baseball players have it; not a loose, deep hat with a flat brim like the basketball, football players and rappers where it.

Can never find those official MLB hats that were intended for baseball anymore.

Big Hurt
03-13-2012, 11:31 AM
http://www.shoes-jerseys.com/product_list.aspx?pcid=814

You-wan-cheep-hat
13 dolla

wamco
03-13-2012, 11:35 AM
hmmmm.... Everywhere is selling them for $10.

like where?

masTOR_shake1
03-13-2012, 12:04 PM
like where?

he was joking that if he suggested that there were $10 hats available out there, that the original poster will lower his price to $10, as he did when people said $40 was too high because they can be had for $35.

Talick
03-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Bad deal OP.

And I agree I hat wearing fitted caps flat. Nobody that I've seen with the new one has broke the brim in. That cap also has the boxish, hornish fitted look that I don't like. I think I'm gonna get a BP stretch fit like I did for the last logo design. They fit really well.

dtmagnet
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm hoping New Era releases the "low crown" version for the new Jays hat. I hate the deep flat brimmed style, but I got a low crown Reds hat and it fits just like the players wear.

phillipmike
03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
he was joking that if he suggested that there were $10 hats available out there, that the original poster will lower his price to $10, as he did when people said $40 was too high because they can be had for $35.

Yup

phillipmike
03-13-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm hoping New Era releases the "low crown" version for the new Jays hat. I hate the deep flat brimmed style, but I got a low crown Reds hat and it fits just like the players wear.

Would be awesome to get a Jays one like that.

Talick
03-13-2012, 04:58 PM
"low crown".

That's what I was looking for. And yea, it's a wayy better fit.

Puntown
03-13-2012, 06:18 PM

Seriously...the hats are $34.99. After tax that is about $39.54. Did you really start this thread to make $0.46 a hat? I think if your looking to make a quick buck you should try the "selling Chocolates outside a grocery store and say its for charity" scam.

BBB
03-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Looks like he changed the price to $35. haha.

Why don't you put up a real picture instead of a picture from mlb. Makes it look less sketchy.

wamco
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM
i asked to take a look at a jays cap at the dome a while back. I attempted to bend the brim to see if it was possible as I ain't wearing no flat brim either. The worker yelled, don't bend the brim. I tossed the hat back to them and walked away. How did the bim benders become the outcasts?

phillipmike
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
i asked to take a look at a jays cap at the dome a while back. I attempted to bend the brim to see if it was possible as I ain't wearing no flat brim either. The worker yelled, don't bend the brim. I tossed the hat back to them and walked away. How did the bim benders become the outcasts?

I would have thrown it at his neck like Odd Job in Goldfinger.

It is becoming outcasted because of how the rappers and basketball players where it. It is seen more as a fashion statement (like leaving the sticker on the outside of the hat) rather than team gear.

Unfortunately its a reality, though i wish to see it changed i dont think it will be. All i want is a hat that i can bend and wear like BASEBALL players nothing else - that too much to ask for?