PDA

View Full Version : Knicks need to trade Melo while they still can

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Is it just me or are the knicks a completely better team w/o Melo. If the Knicks offer Melo and some other pieces they may be able to get Dwight. Or offer Melo to Kings to Tyreke Evans and a first rounder which will be a top 5 pick more than likely

netsgiantsyanks
03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
they won't get the value they traded to get him. it's crazy that they gave up basically their whole starting lineup for someone that would have probably went to them in the off season anyway. the way the knicks are playing lately, they would get less value than they want.

nickdymez
03-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Yesss!!! Another Melo hate thread.. Im under the impression that Melo was a mod here back in the day and was a complete dick

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-12-2012, 04:15 PM
True but if you look at how good they are w/o him in the lineup now and get a quality 2 guard or someone like Rudy Gay who doesnt have to have the ball in his hands at all times to be good they could be serious contendors

JordansBulls
03-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Why??? His value is at an all time low right now, only thing that would make it lower is an injury.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-12-2012, 04:17 PM
I dont hate Melo I just dont think he fits in D'Antoni system. And with Jeremy Lin and Baron Davis playing good basketball Melo looks lost out there. It really hurts the team and apparently Amare and Melo dont have the best relationship now so If I had to pick one it would be Amare to keep

netsgiantsyanks
03-12-2012, 04:18 PM
they're not going to trade him, they will give him a little more time to see if he'll shine the way they want him to, and if not, then maybe they'll trade him. they'll probably give him 2-3 years. they'll fire d'antoni before they trade melo.

hugepatsfan
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Trade him to BOS!!! We give up Pierce and Rondo. Then we have the cap space for Dwight and D-Will to join Melo. :)

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Why??? His value is at an all time low right now, only thing that would make it lower is an injury.

True his value is at an all time low for Carmelo but it is still good enough to bring in someone like Gay

Baller1
03-12-2012, 04:23 PM
They'd still get some nice pieces for Melo too. For how overrated he was, he'd still get a good amount of interest despite everyone realizing what some have already known; he's not a winner, and basically only good for bulk scoring.

Offer him to Milwuakee for Bogut and Ilyasova.

Celticsfan2007
03-12-2012, 04:24 PM
lol@people who think the Knicks should trade Carmelo Anthony.

knicks=love
03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
enough with the knicks threads. holy ****. :bang:

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-12-2012, 04:30 PM
lol@people who think the Knicks should trade Carmelo Anthony.

Ok so instead the Knicks should keep a player who has proven time and time again he is not a winner. He had Coach Karl in Denver losing his mind because Melo was the most uncoachable player he ever had and thats saying alot considering he had Shawn Kemp in Seattle. Melo would still get the knicks enough attractive pieces to compete for a title. If they were to trade for someone like Gay or Igoudola they would be so much better.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Trade him to BOS!!! We give up Pierce and Rondo. Then we have the cap space for Dwight and D-Will to join Melo. :)

Knicks would come out of the east if they did that deal no doubt in my mind

oak2455
03-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Op has a lot of time......

Quietmoney
03-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Knicks would come out of the east if they did that deal no doubt in my mind

It's not Melo, it's the decline of Amare and him still being a focal point in the offense. Defensively he is about as bad as they come at 6'11. He doesn't even try sometimes, then we he does, his defensive awareness is so low that he reacts at turtle speed. Not much is needed from Melo that's why I'm not willing to trade him. He just has to adjust a little, but so does the coaching staff. Amare on the other hand is not about adjusting with him, it's about what he physically can't do as a big man in the NBA. He does not defend the paint or his man, and on offense, if he's not playing center, he can't beat his man consistently anymore from the 4 spot. We really don't need his offense anymore because Lin being able to score 20 a night when he wants and still set Tyson up for the highest percentage shots in the entire NBA, Amare becomes more of problem than all star help.

sep11ie
03-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Trade him to Houston for Kevin Martin and their own pick. Trade 2 players for each other that are trading low.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-12-2012, 04:50 PM
The last couple Knicks games I have watched Amare has been one of the few consistent offensive players. Yes his defense is horrible but luckily Tyson can shield some of that by being of the best low post defenders in the game. But when Carmelo goes 3-13 scores only 6 points all game I have to say I would rather have Amare. Carmelo defense is no better than amare, because of his horrible D Paul Pierce was able to hit a huge three last weekend to send the game to OT and evenatually a loss

Mayweather&NYK
03-12-2012, 04:59 PM
True his value is at an all time low for Carmelo but it is still good enough to bring in someone like Gay

we dont want any suspect guys on our team....

thapastime7
03-12-2012, 05:00 PM
The last couple Knicks games I have watched Amare has been one of the few consistent offensive players. Yes his defense is horrible but luckily Tyson can shield some of that by being of the best low post defenders in the game. But when Carmelo goes 3-13 scores only 6 points all game I have to say I would rather have Amare. Carmelo defense is no better than amare, because of his horrible D Paul Pierce was able to hit a huge three last weekend to send the game to OT and evenatually a loss

wow so your basing it on the pierce three who has been doing that for years last min busser beater and game winners. Seriously i would like to see the players melo guards and what there PPG against compared to my linsanity who every point guard has beyond exceled against him d will rondo parker jennings come on he plays average defense. why not blame coach , lin turnovers, davis turnovers, amare terrible d, smith ball hog terrible shot selection

netsgiantsyanks
03-12-2012, 05:01 PM
hope that was sarcasm.

uprightciti
03-12-2012, 05:04 PM
i wouldnt be totally shocked if they traded him

Mayweather&NYK
03-12-2012, 05:06 PM
hope that was sarcasm.

lol...yea...

Nabeshin
03-12-2012, 05:12 PM

Hell for that deal we'll throw in Davis as well :p

Rockice_8
03-12-2012, 05:12 PM
It's not Melo, it's the decline of Amare and him still being a focal point in the offense. Defensively he is about as bad as they come at 6'11. He doesn't even try sometimes, then we he does, his defensive awareness is so low that he reacts at turtle speed. Not much is needed from Melo that's why I'm not willing to trade him. He just has to adjust a little, but so does the coaching staff. Amare on the other hand is not about adjusting with him, it's about what he physically can't do as a big man in the NBA. He does not defend the paint or his man, and on offense, if he's not playing center, he can't beat his man consistently anymore from the 4 spot. We really don't need his offense anymore because Lin being able to score 20 a night when he wants and still set Tyson up for the highest percentage shots in the entire NBA, Amare becomes more of problem than all star help.

OK lets not overrate Lin now. The guy is shooting like 41% over his last 10 games and people want to rip Melo for his bad shooting %. It's a combination of things going on in NY from coaching, to the D, to the TO's. Poor ball movement (Melo's fault) bad shot selection (that falls on everyone including Lin), way to many turnovers (Lin), and the D has taken a nose dive since the beginning of the year (everyone outside of Chandler).

They were heading in the right direction and they started falling into old habits by letting Melo roam free, signing low character chuckers like JR, and putting way too much pressure on Lin who can't handle it.

Now they're fighting internally cause Melo didn't want JR and the coach is questioning their intensity. Things are going to get worse before they get better.

Honestly trading Melo (cause nobody will take Amare) might be the answer but it's too bad we'll never know. I think they need to fire the coach first and give a new guy (preferably a strict guy like Skiles) a chance to see if he can take all this talent and make it a basketball team. The talent is sure there but underutilized.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-12-2012, 05:14 PM
I guarentee you havent watched more then 2 Knick games all season

nickdymez
03-12-2012, 05:18 PM
we dont want any suspect guys on our team....

lmfao!

RDBK514
03-12-2012, 05:22 PM
I mean this topic is just ridiculous. I don't know what people want Melo to do anymore. The ball goes to him because hes the star. There is no one to pass it to inside. When he gets the ball the other 4 players stand on the perimeter to watch him. No one cuts, sets screens, posts up. What do you want the guy to do? He has two options take the shot or drive and risk being blocked. When hes driving hes getting to the line. He's been getting much better at that as the season has gone on. If he has the shot I want him to take it. I would Melo take the shot, instead of dishing to Amare because all he'll do is brick a 17 footer. This teams offense is stagnant whenever Melo gets the ball.

Celticsfan2007
03-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Ok so instead the Knicks should keep a player who has proven time and time again he is not a winner. He had Coach Karl in Denver losing his mind because Melo was the most uncoachable player he ever had and thats saying alot considering he had Shawn Kemp in Seattle. Melo would still get the knicks enough attractive pieces to compete for a title. If they were to trade for someone like Gay or Igoudola they would be so much better.

1. The Knicks just traded nearly every asset they had for Carmelo less than a year ago.

2. Carmelo brought the nuggets to the WCF, so yes he can be a winner.

3. Carmelo is averaging career low's this season so no he would not net nearly as attractive piece's as he would if he was playing well.

4. This is a shortened season with NO training camp and its only halfway through the season. Most teams haven't even had legitimate time to practice together.

5. Carmelo has been hampered by injuries this season.

With all of those reason's above it makes zero sense to trade Carmelo Anthony, right now. 1-2 years down the line?...maybe a different story.

JayW_1023
03-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I would trade him for OJ Mayo, Tony Allen plus a first round draft pick.

Rockice_8
03-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I guarentee you havent watched more then 2 Knick games all season

Well actually I have cause my friend is a huge Knicks fan. Nice try though.

ManningToTyree
03-12-2012, 05:33 PM
I feel like there are two Knicks forums

netsgiantsyanks
03-12-2012, 05:39 PM
i would trade him for a bag of chips and a half pack of chewy chips ahoy. can't give em the whole pack, need some for myself.

(please don't murder me knick fans, it's only a joke. haha hehe)

silverbrad
03-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Chewy chips ahoy are good, I can't blame u. But the cookies will show up every time u open the pack...Melo wont.

uptownfan
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I think a Melo for Monta swap sort of makes sense for both teams... I think the Knicks should stand pat for now and see if this team can figure it out, but hypothetically I think Monta would fit well in D'Antoni's system

silverbrad
03-12-2012, 05:51 PM
I still say the Knicks (Dolan in particular) wont trade Melo because of the route they took to get him... their egos simply wont allow it. (not to mention the fact that there hasnt been one single smart basketball move since Donnie Walsh left) That being said, time to make some changes. Offer the Magic Chandler, STAT, Shump, and Walker for Hedo and D12. Or offer the Nets STAT, Walker, and Lin for Hump and Deron. Sometimes guys just don't mesh, and this is obviously one of those times...although I think the one individual whose having the roughest time fitting in is Dantoni. I just don't get why management hasn't given him his walking papers yet.

sjbirds
03-12-2012, 05:53 PM
they need to trade melo... a three team deal... not sure of the third team but iggy would fit ny perfectly...i dont want melo on the sixers but maybe melo to lal and pau to philly... plus sixers give up 1st to somewhere?

netsgiantsyanks
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I still say the Knicks (Dolan in particular) wont trade Melo because of the route they took to get him... their egos simply wont allow it. (not to mention the fact that there hasnt been one single smart basketball move since Donnie Walsh left) That being said, time to make some changes. Offer the Magic Chandler, STAT, Shump, and Walker for Hedo and D12. Or offer the Nets STAT, Walker, and Lin for Hump and Deron. Sometimes guys just don't mesh, and this is obviously one of those times...although I think the one individual whose having the roughest time fitting in is Dantoni. I just don't get why management hasn't given him his walking papers yet.

i don't want to start a riot, but this is NOT something that billy king would do.

netsgiantsyanks
03-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Chewy chips ahoy are good, I can't blame u. But the cookies will show up every time u open the pack...Melo wont.

lolololololol

Bruno
03-12-2012, 06:27 PM
i try to not say never, but I'm beginning to doubt Melos ability to win a ring as a #2. he's just not very compatible with other dominant players. either their game doesn't help him, or his game doesn't help theirs. :shrug:

JayW_1023
03-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Too bad Donnie Walsh isn't there to make a smart move. A floundering front office once more.

justinnum1
03-12-2012, 06:34 PM
i try to not say never, but I'm beginning to doubt Melos ability to win a ring as a #2. he's just not very compatible with other dominant players. either their game doesn't help him, or his game doesn't help theirs. :shrug:

huh? melo is the #1 on that team, which is the problem. The bigger problem is he is probably incapable of being a #2 option...

shep33
03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't go looking for deals just to get rid of him, but if there's an offer that can make your team better, you absolutely take it.

TheNumber37
03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Amare for Scola

Bubba313
03-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Three Team Trade!

Knicks get: Stephon Marbury, Isiah Thomas (and not the Kings one), and Jamal Crawford

Blazers get: Melo, rights to four Knicks city dancers, Spike Lee's season tickets, and a guest spot on Lala's show

Beijing Ducks get: the Knicks' spot in the Atlantic Division in the Eastern Conference

NYY09
03-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Melo isnt the problem, when will people realize this, he is trying to do whatever it takes but D'Andummy just isnt the right coach. Its painfully obvious that the guy is just clueless right now. A team who's weak mentally is a direct reflection of a weak coach, esp a talented team.

Green_Monster
03-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Melo can't play with anyone other than Melo.

JayW_1023
03-12-2012, 07:32 PM
The more and more I start to realize how amazing it was the George Karl actually steered a team with Melo and Iverson to the postseason.

Of course, when they traded AI for Billups, Melo had the most success, because the burden of being the Nuggets most clutch player was shared with Billups.

Too bad the Knicks let Chauncey go. Look at how the Clips have been floundering without Billups. Goose egg.

They should've never meddled with Walsh building that team.