PDA

View Full Version : D'Antoni risking getting fired with poor team play and his comments.

310Casper
03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
This guy is building his own grave I guess.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7674398/new-york-knicks-mike-dantoni-unwittingly-builds-case-own-removal

That along with Carmelo now saying he was against them signing JR Smith.
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/03/12/carmelo.did.not.want.j.r.smith.knicks.not.happy.fr ont.office.not.listening.him?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Currently in the 8th seed with 6 other teams breathing down their neck for that spot.

Trade deadline 2.5 days away.

Let the annual Knicks implosion saga begin!!

ChitownSports16
03-12-2012, 12:00 PM
lol

LAKobeBryant
03-12-2012, 12:00 PM
want to trade for mike brown? :D

310Casper
03-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Lets hope a fire sale will happen and they trade Carmelo away for a ton of young studs.. haha, these next 3 days could get juicy

ManRam
03-12-2012, 12:03 PM
I thought this was literally going to be a thread about him explicitly asking to be fired. I was going to say "hey, just resign".

I think they need a change. The season isn't young any more...and clearly he isn't getting the most out of the talent he has. At the very least a change could spark the players to play harder for a short term...

Greet
03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Why should he be put to blame?

They put together a group of good players, but a group of players that everyone knew couldn't play together. Blame the higher ups.

GodsSon
03-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Maybe they just aren't as good as everyone hypes them to be?

Basketball is played on two ends of the court, their "star" players only play on one.

haggis
03-12-2012, 12:09 PM
They just need time to gel.

Aust
03-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Knicks should push hard for a D12 trade, or get someone like PJ who can grab hold of the reigns on this wild horse. The players can talk all they want, but PJ can say "Look at my rings *****es" and shut them up

John Walls Era
03-12-2012, 12:12 PM

Thats actually the coach they need.

LTBaByyy
03-12-2012, 12:13 PM
The Nets will be elite for the Knicks do

And all the Knicks will become Brooklyn fans

310Casper
03-12-2012, 12:15 PM

Ha! D'Antoni would hang himself after a week of coaching the lakers. Slowest team ever and no pointguard.

Rockice_8
03-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Poor Chandler the guy plays the right way and has to deal with a team of Melo, Amare, and JR.

A coach is not going to change much with them but at this point I'd be shocked if MD lasted another week, that's how bad things have gotten.

Deemerc
03-12-2012, 12:17 PM
What explicit photo ?

MTL_123
03-12-2012, 12:24 PM
watch the knicks still be bad after dantoni is fired your two best players r amare n melo n both of them are sooooo **** at denfense n will not get u a stop if the game is close. no coach is gonna change that. Melo had George carl one of the best coaches in the league n he couldnt make melo commit to the defensive end now u expect melo to start learning. Not gonna happen same for Amare. Both of them only play defense wen they want to they will never play d for the full game.

NoahH
03-12-2012, 12:26 PM
The Knicks are in shambles...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-12-2012, 12:27 PM
watch the knicks still be bad after dantoni is fired your two best players r amare n melo n both of them are sooooo **** at denfense n will not get u a stop if the game is close. no coach is gonna change that. Melo had George carl one of the best coaches in the league n he couldnt make melo commit to the defensive end now u expect melo to start learning. Not gonna happen same for Amare. Both of them only play defense wen they want to they will never play d for the full game.

Your correct about Amar'e Melo is actually an OK defender. So you saying that proves you don't watch any Knick games, and just listen to the media or the rest ignorant posters say on here.

MTL_123
03-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Your correct about Amar'e Melo is actually an OK defender. So you saying that proves you don't watch any Knick games, and just listen to the media or the rest ignorant posters say on here.

So your telling me that Amare n Melo play d the whole game? I have never seen both of them commit n play d the entire game. Thats one of the problems with the knicks n thats a fact your two star players only play defense WEN THEY WANT To

Swashcuff
03-12-2012, 12:32 PM

They should join forces letting Mike run the D the other Mike run the O (to an extent) and Brian Shaw run everything else.

Baller1
Just get Melo and Amare hurt again so Linsanity can once again take over. It's the only way.

ManRam
Even if the players aren't as good as a whole as we think and as their individual parts suggest they should be...the Knicks lose nothing by firing him, and potentially could gain a lot. Trading these guys isn't really a feasible option right now, so the coach is the easiest way to make a change. It's clear his players aren't buying into anything he's doing, and when that's the case, your coach isn't doing an effective job. He's gotta go :shrug: It might be unfair to him, but he'll bounce back.

Sactown
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
The knicks just don't get up for every game and at this point appear to be playing for a paycheck... They're a fans worst nightmare.. I'm waiting for players and coaching to start turning on eachother..

rwynyc
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM

Melo is not an ok defender. I am knicks fan. Stop getting butt hurt that someone is making a true statement.

MTL_123
03-12-2012, 12:45 PM
even tho i think dantonie needs to be fired hes not going anywhere until the playoffs/season is done because the Knick FO doesnt want to wast more money finding n hiring another coach

Missing56&33
03-12-2012, 12:49 PM
They just need time to gel.

This is true. But the Knicks must make the playoffs and they must win some playoff games when they get there. Losing always seem to ultimately fall back on the HC, its D'antoni's job to make it work.

lvlheaded
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
My only question is can Mike Woodson really be worse than this? Coming out and admitting that it's a lack of spirit and that when they go down 2 points they act like the world is caving in? That is because they don't believe in their coach and his system to get them back in a game if they are losing. This team is the anti-Giants

NYtilIdie
03-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Even if the players aren't as good as a whole as we think and as their individual parts suggest they should be...the Knicks lose nothing by firing him, and potentially could gain a lot. Trading these guys isn't really a feasible option right now, so the coach is the easiest way to make a change. It's clear his players aren't buying into anything he's doing, and when that's the case, your coach isn't doing an effective job. He's gotta go :shrug: It might be unfair to him, but he'll bounce back.

Pretty much the same situation the Kings were in early in the season, except our owner doesn't seem to get it.

justinnum1
03-12-2012, 12:53 PM
if there is a way to **** things up, the knicks will find it.

mr. pringles isn;t going anywhere till after the season lol

oaktown09
03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
He was the worst hire ever! I'm suprised he has lasted this long, its a flawed game plan. You can't win without defense, period. This season they've attempted to add defense with Tyson Chandler banging down low, but he has to be frustrated playing next to Amare. Amare stoudemire is not a champion, he is a selfish minded offensive player who kills them with his jump shots. He should not even be taking any jump shots! He fouls too much on defense, and I feel him and D'Antoni need to leave town in order for the Knicks to contend. Trade Amare for a defensive big man, hire Brian Shaw to mentor Lin and install Phil Jackson's triangle offense. Then the Knicks will compete with the Bulls and Heat.

uprightciti
03-12-2012, 01:05 PM
fire mike trade melo

**** this ****

IndyRealist
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Lets hope a fire sale will happen and they trade Carmelo away for a ton of young studs.. haha, these next 3 days could get juicy

Isn't that what they traded to get him?

BKLYNpigeon
03-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Knicks should Hire Isiah Thomas.

Kashmir13579
03-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Trade 'Melo and all of this goes away.

KingPosey
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM
what explicit photo ?

that one with the nasty fat girl with no hair.

Evolution23
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM
wait till the season ends. then we can come back to this.

Kashmir13579
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
wait till the season ends. then we can come back to this.

You really think its gonna get better if we don't make a move?

kobebabe
03-12-2012, 01:28 PM
you have problems then you sign a ball hog and a big ego named J.R and you expect to get better???? Blame in on M.D all you want but their star players have a big part of this! If you don't play defense you lose! Simple!!!!
They need to make a push for Howard if they are to get any better

sjbirds
03-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Trade Melo and you would be fine...

Baller1
03-12-2012, 01:36 PM
I'd try to swing a deal for Howard involving Melo and Chandler.

allday823
03-12-2012, 01:37 PM

Anything a miami heat fan says just goes through one ear and out the other, all u do is blow ur big 3 and everyone else sucks, ive never heard a heat fan say anything good about anyone else in the nba, heat fans and amongst others are the reasons i dont even look onto the nba forum

knicks=love
03-12-2012, 01:46 PM
even tho i think dantonie needs to be fired hes not going anywhere until the playoffs/season is done because the Knick FO doesnt want to wast more money finding n hiring another coach

they wouldn't look for another coach. woodson would become the interim for the rest of the year and then they'd worry about who the next coach will be after the season is over.

Anything a miami heat fan says just goes through one ear and out the other, all u do is blow ur big 3 and everyone else sucks, ive never heard a heat fan say anything good about anyone else in the nba, heat fans and amongst others are the reasons i dont even look onto the nba forum

:hi5:

setman2000
03-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I pointed out looooong ago that Melo doesn't like JR - he wasn't even invited to his wedding. I actually said the Knicks wouldn't sign him because of this but....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-12-2012, 03:52 PM
So your telling me that Amare n Melo play d the whole game? I have never seen both of them commit n play d the entire game. Thats one of the problems with the knicks n thats a fact your two star players only play defense WEN THEY WANT To

I said you were correct about Amar'e.

Carmelo on the other hand is a different story. Yes, he does play OK defense for the entire game.

HowBoutDemBulls
03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Pringles should just blow his brains out on the court, thats the only way to appease the NYC peeps

knicks=love
03-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Knicks should Hire Isiah Thomas.

at this point, i'd take a 5 year old girl to coach this team.

Any heat fan with a join date of JUN2010 or later should be ignored.

:laugh:

:facepalm:

not sure why you're giving him a facepalm? he's right, the amount of people that jumped on that bandwagon on this site was ridiculous.

thapastime7
03-12-2012, 04:44 PM
now i see how lebron fans feel. the hate towards the main players is horrible its a team game when he scoring at will ya hate because he is selfish when he passes he get critcized for not takin the shot if he score 15 point with 6 assist that a bad game. the problem is and always be the dantoni coaching that hurt them at the end how many timeout do they take and turn it over or just be out coached by the opossing coach. he system is horrble and the only success he had was with nash and that bc he doesnt play defense but his other players did like marion. Melo isnt the problem, these guys need someone to close the doors kick them in the rear and bench them if need be to prove a point. if they claim that the second unit was beating the first unit and outplaying them then i think they need a reality check. the turnovers are killing this team. hen they have a lead they continue to press and make more mistakes until the lead is back to 2.

ps i dont care about my grammar dont like it then dont read it

uprightciti
03-12-2012, 05:06 PM
lol

BALLER R
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
you guys act like melo is just a bench player. Ok trade melo to Toronto we'll give you barbosa and bayless lol

Raph12
03-12-2012, 05:32 PM
This team doesn't fit D'Antoni's system (with the exception of Lin and the second unit)... D'Antoni needs to be fired (or demoted to Assistant Coach) and BDiddy needs to start. Lin can play freely with the second unit (what he was doing when Melo and Stat were out) and the Knicks need a better system for the starting unit.

KnicksorBust
03-12-2012, 05:54 PM
This team doesn't fit D'Antoni's system (with the exception of Lin and the second unit)... D'Antoni needs to be fired (or demoted to Assistant Coach) and BDiddy needs to start. Lin can play freely with the second unit (what he was doing when Melo and Stat were out) and the Knicks need a better system for the starting unit.

You would really screw with Lin's head like that? The kid single-handedly turns around our season and now you move him to the bench for Davis who has been terrible since he came back? He's shooting 30% from the field and 24% from 3pt. His defense is just as bad as everybody elses. He's had a couple of good assist games but that's it.

If you want to try something drastic. Move Amar'e to the bench for a floor spacer like Novak and let Lin try and get his mojo back. You can throw Melo in Amar'e's mid-range area and take advantage of his ability to post-up. Then let Amar'e try and get his points with the 2nd unit. He and BDiddy should be able to develop some nice chemistry together.

Either way I don't see them dumping D'Antoni until the end of the season.

JC_
03-12-2012, 06:06 PM
If I were D'Antoni, I would revert back to the lineup with Lin that was winning. That's all they should care about.

Rndy
03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
You would really screw with Lin's head like that? The kid single-handedly turns around our season and now you move him to the bench for Davis who has been terrible since he came back? He's shooting 30% from the field and 24% from 3pt. His defense is just as bad as everybody elses. He's had a couple of good assist games but that's it.

If you want to try something drastic. Move Amar'e to the bench for a floor spacer like Novak and let Lin try and get his mojo back. You can throw Melo in Amar'e's mid-range area and take advantage of his ability to post-up. Then let Amar'e try and get his points with the 2nd unit. He and BDiddy should be able to develop some nice chemistry together.

Turned around your season? Come on man they played good for a few weeks against a pretty weak schedule. They should have Lin run the second unit. Lin turns the ball over too much to play with a starting unit that struggles on defense.

NYY09
03-12-2012, 06:20 PM
This thing is a mess cuz D'andummy cant find a rotation of players that work well together.

Longhornfan1234
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
What's wrong with the Knicks?

Raph12
03-12-2012, 06:24 PM

You move Lin to the bench or trade Melo and Stat... Those three guys don't play well together.

GoferKing_
03-12-2012, 06:37 PM

Yes they are (playing D the whole game), they just suck at this big time. xD

NYY09
03-12-2012, 06:48 PM
D'Antoni with this roster = clueless.

Gram
03-12-2012, 06:53 PM

You know, no one takes a Heat fan who joined after July 2010 seriously. And on top of that no one takes a poster that can't spell seriously either. ;)

theheatles
03-12-2012, 07:51 PM
melo is a cancer

Broadwayjoe NY
03-12-2012, 09:21 PM
The Nets will be elite for the Knicks do

And all the Knicks will become Brooklyn fans

Weren't raised in New York I take it?? NYC takes there Knicks basketball more serious than probably any other sport in NY, even with the giants winning a chip. No self-respecting Knicks' fan would ever be caught dead changing allegiances. However, i'll give you this, they'll most likely pull a lot of young fans from Brooklyn and the surrounding areas who aren't yet basketball fans.

OA SLAY
03-12-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm amazed that this fool is still here
Was my least favorite coach in phx
Now I can't stand this mutttherrrfuuucking fools face
He's clueless, this team has no heart n he doesn't give a flying fuuucckk.
WTF is FO doing we needed a fresh start last summer
Wake the fuuckkk up!!!!!!!!!

blastmasta26
03-12-2012, 11:08 PM
You gotta feel for D'Antoni though. By no means a perfect coach, you could see his offense when Jeremy Lin was taking over and last uear before the Melo trade. D'Antoni supposedly was against the Melo trade, and it makes sense that he would be. Melo just doesn't seem to fit in.

Nabeshin
03-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Well it is unlikely Anthony will be dealt, so if anyone is going by the deadline it will be D'antoni but who will be his short term replacement ?

C_Mund
03-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Poor Chandler the guy plays the right way and has to deal with a team of Melo, Amare, and JR.

A coach is not going to change much with them but at this point I'd be shocked if MD lasted another week, that's how bad things have gotten.

I agree that Chandler's floundering out there but how can you feel sorry for somebody who signed as a FA?

AddiX
03-13-2012, 03:22 AM
Without the whole linsanity nonsense I don't think mike would be here right now, his entire time here has been a disaster.

The Knicks under mike d have never had a damn clue whats going on and have looked out coached in just about every game we have been in.

oak2455
03-13-2012, 03:31 AM
When Dolan wakes from his coke nap fire his azzzzzzz plzz

new york blue
03-13-2012, 04:21 AM
How many teams look great with 12 games with a new, and rookie, point guard? Sitting Melo and Amare was a good move--made D'Antoni's point without embarassing the players. ESPN, like most New York sports media, delights in stirring the pot.

ManRam
03-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Stephen A sounds convinced that D'Antoni is "done".

oak2455
03-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Stephen A sounds convinced that D'Antoni is "done".

both our teams have many issues:(

blahblahyoutoo
03-13-2012, 01:23 PM
This guy is building his own grave I guess.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7674398/new-york-knicks-mike-dantoni-unwittingly-builds-case-own-removal

That along with Carmelo now saying he was against them signing JR Smith.
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/03/12/carmelo.did.not.want.j.r.smith.knicks.not.happy.fr ont.office.not.listening.him?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Currently in the 8th seed with 6 other teams breathing down their neck for that spot.

Trade deadline 2.5 days away.

Let the annual Knicks implosion saga begin!!
The saying is 'digging' ones own grave.

beasted86
03-13-2012, 01:55 PM
One way or another Mr. Pringles is not going to be coaching next year.