PDA

View Full Version : The annoucement: Magic the man Johnson!

Marlin234
03-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Just watched te documentary and let me tell you not only can we learn a thing or two from this. But also can atheletes. His determination to the game was like no other. And More importantly his determination to better his life and not give up.

Great documentary!! Magic god bless you! Your something special!

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Indeed, it was very emotional and I learned a lot from watching it. Just how to handle yourself in hard situations in life. Magic definitely signifies perseverance.

Marlin234
03-12-2012, 12:38 AM
One of the things that stood out the most to me was that thru out everything he never lost his smile. And that's important in life because every one will have their ups and downs.

VRP723
03-12-2012, 12:51 AM
What struck me is that he could have so easily just stepped away from the public spotlight and fought the disease on his own, but the way he stood up to it in front of everyone, was flawless. A true hero.

kjoke
03-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Magic's way of speaking is really... weird (when he was overviewing his years). I don't know, I can't explain it.

Bravo95
03-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Liked that Pat Riley brought him in for that workout when a lot of people had turned their back on him. Stand up guy.

Did not like how Karl Malone didn't regret his comments and it didn't discuss Isiah supposedly spreading the rumors.

Great doc overall though, maybe the best of the 30 for 30 series.

NYtilIdie
03-12-2012, 01:02 AM
The man is so inspirational with the way he handled the situation, truly a class act.

Aust
03-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Was great to watch as a Laker fan as well. Gotta give some props to ESPN's 30 for 30.

Anyone know what ?/30 they're at? I'd like to know how many are left

Detroit's Time
03-12-2012, 01:31 AM
I've enjoyed all the 30 for 30's that i have watched so far, and this one was excellent. His final all star game going against Isiah and Jordan for their last times was so awesome to watch

callydsz1
03-12-2012, 08:14 AM
yes Magic the man Johnson.I love him. http://www.utone.info/jpg1

jmoney85
03-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Why are you glorifying Magic Johnson right now? He didn't get this disease from a blood transfusion. He is not a hero in any way, let's just remember that

BigCityofDreams
03-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Hero in the way he stood up and didn't hide from the situation. He took it head on and became a spokesmen for aids awareness. He admitted the mistakes he made.

jmoney85
03-12-2012, 08:45 AM
So basically he went around for god knows how long and banged a bunch of women (and maybe men) and spread the disease around. That's worse than a drug addict.

Lakerfan8032
03-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Was great to watch as a Laker fan as well. Gotta give some props to ESPN's 30 for 30.

Anyone know what ?/30 they're at? I'd like to know how many are left

This wasn't part of the 30 for 30 series. That finished up some time ago. This was just an ESPN Films presentation. You can already buy the 30 for 30 set.

BigCityofDreams
03-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Did he continue running around after he found out he had the disease because there are some ppl that do that.

oak2455
03-12-2012, 08:53 AM
So basically he went around for god knows how long and banged a bunch of women (and maybe men) and spread the disease around. That's worse than a drug addict.

And here's your troll... Jm:facepalm:Think about what you say before you type.... Has anyone come out since and said that she was infected by Magic?? End of your silly story

jp611
03-12-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm gonna have to watch that, the previews I've seen looked great

jmoney85
03-12-2012, 08:58 AM
And here's your troll... Jm:facepalm:Think about what you say before you type.... Has anyone come out since and said that she was infected by Magic?? End of your silly story

Totally his fault for getting it. They should not be calling him hero for it. You see, he has enough money to basically almost cure the disease, joe schmo with HIV doesn't have that luxury

oak2455
03-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Totally his fault for getting it. They should not be calling him hero for it. You see, he has enough money to basically almost cure the disease, joe schmo with HIV doesn't have that luxury

Actually you should read a little outside of PSD.... :D

STA_PLAR
03-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Some people are straight up haters. Let the man LIVE....Literally

BigCityofDreams
03-12-2012, 10:45 AM

No one can doubt Magic has money but there are ppl who have the disease and are still alive today through getting the proper medication and taking care of themselves.

Marlin234
03-12-2012, 10:54 AM

As stupid as your coment is I won't bash you because yur entitled to your opinion. But we are humans. We all make mistakes. It's the way he handled the situation after that makes him a hero. If god can forgive who are you to judge. And maybe ur just a young kid that has a lot to learn. Hopefully you don't learn the hard way like magic did.

jmoney85
03-12-2012, 10:58 AM
hero's are people like firefighters, military personnel, police officers... not a rich celebrity who got a virus while commiting adultery ... you should be ashamed to consider him a "hero"

jmoney85
03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Actually you should read a little outside of PSD.... :D

considering you have 12,000 posts to my 1,000 I think you should take your own advice

Marlin234
03-12-2012, 11:05 AM
hero's are people like firefighters, military personnel, police officers... not a rich celebrity who got a virus while commiting adultery ... you should be ashamed to consider him a "hero"

Thankful for them yes, heros? No they are paid to do that. That's their job. What this guy started doing after he made those mistakes is what makes him a hero. How he handled the situation. Instead of just running away with his money and hiding. Is what makes him a hero? He should no matter how big the adversity everything's gonna be alright.

I'm done with you. Like I said you have your opinion I have mines.just know EVERYONE makes mistakes, even good hearted people. Hopefully you don't learn that the hard way.

BigCityofDreams
03-12-2012, 11:23 AM

Who admitted his mistake and changed how he was living his life. Could you imagine what he would have done if he never found out. That one moment changed his life for the better.