PDA

View Full Version : Friendship in the NBA

rwynyc
03-11-2012, 02:16 AM
I was just looking at another site, and reading all of the comments from other players twitter accounts in regards to Rubio's injury. Now I never want to see a player get hurt but am I being an ******* by thinking these players are such homo's for tweeting prayers for rubio?

The guy tore his acl. He didnt lose a leg. Is this really what to expect form your competition? These guys are so ****ing soft nowadays.

smiddy012
03-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Yes.

Oh, and something tells me you're a Saints fan.

stawka
03-11-2012, 02:28 AM
They're all professionals, and they're friends. They battle on the court, but they're friends off the court, in a community all bonded by the love of the game. As gay as that sounds, that's how it is -- and while they want to kick each others ***** on the court, they wish no harm on their opponents

BlondeBomber41
03-11-2012, 02:38 AM
I prefer a league in which the players value each others safety and want each other to be healthy over a league like the NFL where hurting someone is sometimes the objective.

lavilevi23
03-11-2012, 02:44 AM
In B4 Lock

asandhu23
03-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Let's tear OP's ACL. Maybe then he will understand why everyone in NBA is wishing for Rubio.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-11-2012, 02:51 AM
If your dad breaks his leg, you better not say a word to him. I mean unless he loses it, then you can.

Aust
03-11-2012, 03:05 AM
If your dad breaks his leg, you better not say a word to him. I mean unless he loses it, then you can.

Agreed.
Real men don't hold back there feelings and try to act like tough ****

Vincent
03-11-2012, 05:21 AM
Let's tear OP's ACL. Maybe then he will understand why everyone in NBA is wishing for Rubio.

Amazing sig

dodie53
03-11-2012, 09:55 AM
they're friends off the court, in a community all bonded by the love of the game.

ghettosean
03-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I honestly think guys are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay softer these days... Sorry to use Lebron as an example so don't kill me Lebron fans he just came to mind 1st. In his return to Cleveland he was laughing and joking with players on the Cavs bench and that in my opinion is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE no no. In a moment of competition you shouldn't be laughing and cracking jokes with the competition.

I'm not sure how to judge twitter but if it's after the fact or a season ending injury I don't really have a problem with it. If it's during the heat of battle (no pun intended) then in my eyes it's blasphemy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FbJHC8OGkU

Lakeshow24KB
03-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah NBA players are so soft, when people get hurt they should go step on the players wound and kick them in the mouth.....come on now, the NBA is mostly made up of players with class and maturity and anytime someone gets hurt, you don't tell him to go to hell to try to act like a bad ***.

IndyRealist
03-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Yes, you're an *******. Many of these players have gone through a similar injury or know someone who has. I'm sure the first thing that went through Ricky's mind was, "Oh God, my career's over." They empathize with that. Let's not call them soft for being human, this isn't 2k12.

Gram
03-11-2012, 11:33 AM

Yeah but no one would be wishing for the OP. :laugh2:

Hellcrooner
03-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Then Op may be very Fond of the Dude that Injured Rubio.

He has expressed 0 simpathy in public yet.

SlimKid
03-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes, you are being an ***. This macho tough guy crap usually wears off after high school, unfortunately the slow minded let it linger a little longer.

JetsYanksDevils
03-11-2012, 12:01 PM
everyone acts like a ****ing *** in the nba, there like high school girls using twitter

rwynyc
03-11-2012, 12:10 PM
everyone acts like a ****ing *** in the nba, there like high school girls using twitter

Its like one see's another guy write something so they all need to do it.

I am getting flamed big time, but its ok. It has nothing to do with being Macho or wanting someone to get hurt as I said, but I still think these guys are soft.

rwynyc
03-11-2012, 12:15 PM

What a dumb comparison.

Dstmccoy
03-11-2012, 12:17 PM

Is it even necessary to? It wasn't Kobe's fault Rubio planted a straight leg prior to getting plowed.. It was a freak accident, just like both of Bynum's injuries.

theheatles
03-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I honestly think guys are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay softer these days... Sorry to use Lebron as an example so don't kill me Lebron fans he just came to mind 1st. In his return to Cleveland he was laughing and joking with players on the Cavs bench and that in my opinion is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE no no. In a moment of competition you shouldn't be laughing and cracking jokes with the competition.

I'm not sure how to judge twitter but if it's after the fact or a season ending injury I don't really have a problem with it. If it's during the heat of battle (no pun intended) then in my eyes it's blasphemy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FbJHC8OGkU

i'll say a prayer for you, you certainly need it

jp611
03-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, they're so soft for wishing a guy the best in his recovery

ghettosean
03-11-2012, 12:32 PM
i'll say a prayer for you, you certainly need it
Dude if your not soft for Joking around with the opposing team then I'm wrong and the guys now a days are tougher than they have ever been. I wouldn't mind you posting something of relevance instead of a quick verbal jab with a play on words.

I'm being objective and I think players are softer in this era opposed to previous ones. Don't shoot the messenger for saying how it is and having proof to back up his words that's just weak!

Good argument and great contribution to this thread... You must be one of the better posters on here... LOL

CudiOnMyiPod
03-11-2012, 02:15 PM
What a dumb comparison.

Hey if he didn't lose a leg you can't show compassion.

John Walls Era
03-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Its just a customary "wish you well" thing. I doubt they're really friends with Rubio.

Good luck getting anything from Kobe.

showtym24
03-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Haha croon hates kobe even more now. Really wasnt kobes fault like another poster said. Freak accident.

Big Zo
03-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Anyone else think the OP is in the closet with Tom Cruise?

NokomisLiving
03-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Its like one see's another guy write something so they all need to do it.

I am getting flamed big time, but its ok. It has nothing to do with being Macho or wanting someone to get hurt as I said, but I still think these guys are soft.

^The bold parts of the sentence seem a little contradictory to me...

My question is what about that makes it "soft", and why it bothers you enough to call another grown man a homo?

Dstmccoy
03-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Haha croon hates kobe even more now. Really wasnt kobes fault like another poster said. Freak accident.

Haha.. yep
Do you think his comment was fueled more by his love for Spanish players or his hatred of Kobe?

THINKBLUE15
03-11-2012, 03:58 PM
lol at people trying to make this about Kobe.

HeaTxRipZz
03-11-2012, 04:04 PM
I was just looking at another site, and reading all of the comments from other players twitter accounts in regards to Rubio's injury. Now I never want to see a player get hurt but am I being an ******* by thinking these players are such homo's for tweeting prayers for rubio?

The guy tore his acl. He didnt lose a leg. Is this really what to expect form your competition? These guys are so ****ing soft nowadays.

Wow Homo's for tweeting prayers? I'm pretty sure the definition of that word is something totally different

DodgerBulls
03-11-2012, 04:20 PM

How old are you really? Do me a favor please, from now on.. don't ever show emotions. We'll see how long from now you will get a taste of your first major burn out. Did you grow up where not having a male kid or just having one child means your homo? If so, then it is understandable. But to ignore adjustments is not.

Hellcrooner
03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Its just a customary "wish you well" thing. I doubt they're really friends with Rubio.

Good luck getting anything from Kobe.

Well at least 4 of the tweets are from Rubios Friends, probably 7 or 8 withhis teamates.

CubbySwag313
03-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Theres nothing wrong with it, but it is completely different nowadays because of twitter and facebook. During the 80's and 90's none of this would of happened, unless a reporter specifically asked a player what they think. It is what it is....who cares.

rwynyc
03-11-2012, 06:01 PM
How old are you really? Do me a favor please, from now on.. don't ever show emotions. We'll see how long from now you will get a taste of your first major burn out. Did you grow up where not having a male kid or just having one child means your homo? If so, then it is understandable. But to ignore adjustments is not.

I am sorry. I do not speak whatever language you are trying to speak right now.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Twitter has become ridiculous in my opinion.

Blitzbolt
03-11-2012, 07:35 PM
I blame Lebron.

As a fan I'm pretty happy about this ACL 1.The wolves are annoying 2.The wolves are done this year. 3.He will not play with Spain.I don't hate the kid but I just don't give dam about him or his future.

sunnydayin'zona
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM

Your sig makes me rage.

The OP (in your sig)'s reply makes me very very angry, haha

DodgerBulls
03-11-2012, 07:50 PM

Correlation between the term homosexual and society... not even a bit?

HeaTxRipZz
03-12-2012, 12:26 AM

Damn how can you try to insult someone when you apparently don't know the meaning of homosexuality :confused: