PDA

View Full Version : Which team has been the most exciting to watch for you? (2000-present)

CudiOnMyiPod
03-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Over the past 11 years, which team has been the most exciting for you to watch other than your own team?

Mine would probably be the 08-09 Orlando Magic.

Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, Mickael Pietrus, Courtney Lee, J.J. Reddick, Marcin Gortat, and Rafer Alston had his moments.

I really wish that they would have kept that roster together. They screwed it up big time.

- Letting Turkoglu walk away
- Trading Lewis for Arenas
- Trading Courtney Lee for Vince Carter
- Then later on the Gortat/Richardson trade

That team would have been amazing if they had had a solid backup PF to Lewis (who was really a SF). Udonis Haslem would have been an ideal fit next to Howard.

JLynn943
03-10-2012, 06:50 PM
The D'Antoni-coached Suns teams.

itsripcity32
03-10-2012, 06:56 PM
2011-2012 knicks. J Lin = second coming of Steve Nash under dantoni

LionsFan..LOL
03-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Whichever Suns team that lost to the Spurs in the WC semis (2006-2007 I believe, not sure).

matnautico
03-10-2012, 07:00 PM
The D'Antoni-coached Suns teams.

This

ManRam
03-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Over the past 11 years, which team has been the most exciting for you to watch other than your own team?

Mine would probably be the 08-09 Orlando Magic.

Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, Mickael Pietrus, Courtney Lee, J.J. Reddick, Marcin Gortat, and Rafer Alston had his moments.

I really wish that they would have kept that roster together. They screwed it up big time.

- Letting Turkoglu walk away
- Trading Lewis for Arenas
- Trading Courtney Lee for Vince Carter
- Then later on the Gortat/Richardson trade

That team would have been amazing if they had had a solid backup PF to Lewis (who was really a SF). Udonis Haslem would have been an ideal fit next to Howard.

Well, I loved that team...but...

- Letting Turkoglu walk away....was the RIGHT decision. Bringing him back was the WRONG one.

- Trading Lewis for Arenas...Lewis was literally useless last year. He was awful. He stood in the corner and waited for the ball. He had like one FTA a game, he wasn't rebounding, he wasn't scoring and he wasn't defending. While agree that getting Arenas was stupid, it was just a lateral move. Lewis would be amnestied right now if he was still in Orlando...so that's moot. He was a detriment. Him leaving opened up minutes for Bass and Anderson, who were and are both better players right now.

- Trading Courtney Lee for Vince Carter....not at all. Vince failed to live up to expectations, but we have Anderson, who has proven to be better than Lee. Courtney Lee has not become a star, or anything close to it. I love the kid, and loved what he did for us, but I'm perfectly content with Anderson...the "throw-in" who became the best player in the deal.

- Then later on the Gortat/Richardson trade...I'll agree with this, to an extent. I don't think it was crippling (financially a little). We needed to make a trade when we did last year...because this team was spiraling out of control and really sucking. This just wasn't the best trade. Gortat had little value here since he was backing up Dwight, but he's a better trade asset than what we traded him for. Vince was sucking, and Richardson has played better. Pietrus was one of our only good perimeter defenders, so that sucks. I like Clark, and Hedo while not great can at least pass the ball well. A lateral move as well...we're no better after it, and we're no worse either.

BULLSFAN0810
03-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Whichever Suns team that lost to the Spurs in the WC semis (2006-2007 I believe, not sure).

+1..they were robbed...Nash was beast mode unlimited...they had to beat him up to actually beat them.

hgtiger32
The Celtics team that won it. That was so fun to watch. Pure team basketball.

BULLSFAN0810
well, i loved that team...but...

- letting turkoglu walk away....was the right decision. Bringing him back was the wrong one.

- trading lewis for arenas...lewis was literally useless last year. He was awful. He stood in the corner and waited for the ball. He had like one fta a game, he wasn't rebounding, he wasn't scoring and he wasn't defending. While agree that getting arenas was stupid, it was just a lateral move. Lewis would be amnestied right now if he was still in orlando...so that's moot. He was a detriment. Him leaving opened up minutes for bass and anderson, who were and are both better players right now.

- trading courtney lee for vince carter....not at all. Vince failed to live up to expectations, but we have anderson, who has proven to be better than lee. Courtney lee has not become a star, or anything close to it. I love the kid, and loved what he did for us, but i'm perfectly content with anderson...the "throw-in" who became the best player in the deal.

- then later on the gortat/richardson trade...i'll agree with this, to an extent. I don't think it was crippling (financially a little). We needed to make a trade when we did last year...because this team was spiraling out of control and really sucking. This just wasn't the best trade. Gortat had little value here since he was backing up dwight, but he's a better trade asset than what we traded him for. Vince was sucking, and richardson has played better. Pietrus was one of our only good perimeter defenders, so that sucks. I like clark, and hedo while not great can at least pass the ball well. A lateral move as well...we're no better after it, and we're no worse either.

+1

BULLSFAN0810
03-10-2012, 07:11 PM

+1...KG! "What you got to say now?" "on top of the world" and that built in Adidas commercial...EPIC!!!! Then he (KG) hit on the lady reporter...ON TV

asandhu23
03-10-2012, 07:16 PM
2007 We Believe Warriors Team. sadly, it was dismantled just like another exciting team... the RUN TmC

Birdmannn
03-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Boston the year they won it was great. Even thou they beat up my team couldnt help watching every game and even cheering for them in the end.

ManRam
03-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I loved that championship Celtics team.

I loved that championship Detroit team, prime Kidd-Carter-RJ, the 05-07 Nuggets where Melo was truly an amazing player, the 04-05 era SuperSonics, early 2000 Pacers were a blast too, and Peja-Bibby-Webber-Christie-Hedo-Jackson-Vlade. Of course, every Magic team over that time frame...and most every Celtic team led by Paul Pierce, who is my dude.

Oh, and prime Kobe and Shaq. I vividly remember lying on the floor of my house when I was younger watching those Laker teams dominate on the NBA on NBC. Such a joy.

king4day
03-10-2012, 07:23 PM
04-05 Suns was probably most exciting but I'd enjoyed the 09-10 Suns. unexpectadly made it to the WCF.

mosesedan
03-10-2012, 07:37 PM
the warriors team that beat the mavs
dantoni coached suns
nets with kidd and kmart

netsgiantsyanks
03-10-2012, 07:50 PM
02-03 nets. my first year as a fan was the best.

JC_
03-10-2012, 08:30 PM

This for sure.

Other than them, Golden State was pretty fun to watch when they killed the Mavs in the first round of the playoffs (when Mavs were top seed). I find Miami to be pretty exciting to watch now too.

Gators123
03-10-2012, 08:33 PM
04 Pistons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLE5P-HHDn4

:drool:

kingsdelez24
03-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Adelman kings... go youtube lebrons first game which was against the kings

They were so much better that year without webber

netsgiantsyanks
03-10-2012, 09:07 PM
pistons team was fantastic, i remember them firsthand from when the nets beat them in the 03 ECF and when they lost to them in the 04 ECF. both 03 and 04 went to 7 games and in 04, the nets got blown out in game 7 :(. 91-69 was the exact score. the nostalgia of it all is crazy, too bad both teams are mediocre at best now.

netsgiantsyanks
03-10-2012, 09:09 PM
remember that we had ****ing brian scalabrine first, so you know the success was inevitable. :)

OutOfTHEBLUE
03-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I'd probably have to go with the '03-'04 Pistons.

It's a tough pill to swallow given that they beat my team and won the trophy, but seeing Ben Wallace bring back that level of attention to rebounding and defense was pretty damned cool.

pd7631
03-10-2012, 09:40 PM
01' Sixers, no team can ever take the place of this team in my heart, not even a future Sixers championship team

ohreally
03-10-2012, 09:41 PM

Definitely true. The way the game is supposed to be played.

GunFactor187
03-10-2012, 09:43 PM
2004 Pistons
Phoenix Suns (D'Antoni, Amar'e, JJ, Matrix, Nash, etc.)
Oklahoma City Thunder

Slimsim
03-10-2012, 10:01 PM
the NY Circus

fadedmario
03-10-2012, 10:29 PM
04-05 Pacers - Malice at the Palace ruined that team.

fadedmario
03-10-2012, 10:31 PM
The Kings team that got screwed over against the Lakers too.

My hometown team favorite was the 03-04 Pistons beating the Lakers in 5.

All-time was the 88-89 Pistons (first title)

knicks=love
03-10-2012, 10:33 PM
the knicks in the entire 2000s decade..

JLynn943
03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
01' Sixers, no team can ever take the place of this team in my heart, not even a future Sixers championship team

I loved this team. They were the team that made me a basketball/AI fan.

Also, since everyone else is ignoring the part in the OP about not picking your favorite team, I also have to throw in the Kings teams from the first half of the decade...

pd7631
03-10-2012, 10:42 PM
I loved this team. They were the team that made me a basketball/AI fan.

Also, since everyone else is ignoring the part in the OP about not picking your favorite team, I also have to throw in the Kings teams from the first half of the decade...

Woops, I just read the title and responded.

Other than the Sixers, I'd say the most exciting team for me to watch were the 2007-2008 Nuggets, then one of the C-Webb Kings teams(doesn't matter which, C-Webb is one of my favorite players ever).

knicks=love
03-10-2012, 10:44 PM
does no one like my joke? :shrug: :sad2:

JLynn943
03-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Woops, I just read the title and responded.

Other than the Sixers, I'd say the most exciting team for me to watch were the 2007-2008 Nuggets, then one of the C-Webb Kings teams(doesn't matter which, C-Webb is one of my favorite players ever).

Haha, no worries. It wasn't a dig on you or anything, just that if everyone else was going to rep their teams, then I was too lol.

And yeah, the Nuggets with Iverson were a lot of fun to watch, too

kArSoN RyDaH
03-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Homer pick: Lakers on the way to losing to the Celtics in the championship.

Kobe was beasting and the emergence of Bynum was exciting. Gasol also brought so much life to Los Angeles. The vibes were crazy.

Non-Homer Pick: current OKC team. man they are super fun to watch. KD and Westbrook are too good. That whole team is legit.

Baller1
03-10-2012, 11:49 PM
This years Thunder team... I'm a Soincs fan. ;)

But seriously, this current Miami team or the championship Boston team from a few years back. Or the Yao/T-Mac Rockets.

LakersIn5
04-09-2012, 05:58 PM
stevie franchise magic. yeah not that good but i was a fan for awhile

UKblazers
04-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Webber led kings. Their bigs were better passers than some teams pg's.

effen5
04-09-2012, 08:50 PM
my homer pick: last years bulls....
Non homer pick: my god those ****ing kings with bibby christie vlade peja and cwebb! One of the most fun teams I've seen along with the Suns.

mdm692
04-09-2012, 10:16 PM
the suns 04-05, 06-07, or 09-10 all were very very fun to watch.

TylerSL
04-09-2012, 11:03 PM
For me the most entertaining season was the 10-11 season with the Heat because of me being a Heat fan and the Big 3 got all the way to the Finals after everything. But IMO the single most entertaining team to watch was the 07-08 Celtics just because 3 mega stars had never came together. They came together and just steamrolled the league. The C's really should have 3peated IMO. KG gets injured at the end of 08-09 misses the playoffs. IMO if he is healthy, Celtics win again. Then 09-10, if Perkins doesnt go down in Game 6 of NBA Finals, Lakers still probably win Game 6. But no way in hell Celtics surrender a 14 point 3rd quarter lead of Game 7 in LA with Perkins. Those Celtics were down right nasty.

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 11:04 PM
last years heat team, i had incredible season tickets and it was just a blast.

kdspurman
04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
For me, it's the 2007 Warriors easily.

central2003
04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Non Homer pick : The 2004 Lakers with Kobe, Shaq, Malone , and payton,
The 2004 Pistons, The 2006 Warriors led by baron davis, 2011 Grizzlies (they beat the crap out of the number 1 Spurs)

Homer pick and i can't believe a lot of people are ignoring this team is the 2000-2004 Sacramento Kings, Arguably the most exciting and dominate basket ball team. If this team was around today, It would be winning back to back championships thats for sure.