PDA

View Full Version : Closest reality check to ZBo's return

mzgrizz
03-10-2012, 02:15 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012-03-07/Grizzlies-thriving-could-get-Randolph-back-soon/53404858/1

Nothing else newer than this in Memphis.......I predict he'll return to a packed house Tuesday night vs the Lakers and come off the bench to a HUGE ovation:clap:

thekmp211
03-10-2012, 02:24 PM
i am rooting for memphis to come out of the west this year, go zbo!

mzgrizz
03-10-2012, 02:30 PM

:clap::clap::clap: Thanks a ton ! We could really make some noise!

Donk'E'Dic
03-10-2012, 02:43 PM

Keep rooting

Shadowplay
03-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Hope the Grizzlies and Thunder meet in the WCF and the Grizzlies winning in 7.

thekmp211
03-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Keep rooting

I WILL!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hustla23
03-10-2012, 04:39 PM
I hope ZBo comes back sooner rather than later.

By far one of my favorite players.

Blitzbolt
03-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Yea getting a 20 and 10 guy right at the trade deadline could be Huge for Memphis and the West.

Raph12
03-10-2012, 05:54 PM
He may hurt the chemistry starting out, but if they get it together before the playoffs, that's a team no one will want to play against...

Hustla23
03-10-2012, 06:50 PM
He may hurt the chemistry starting out, but if they get it together before the playoffs, that's a team no one will want to play against...
He didn't hurt the chemistry last season so why would it be an issue now?

The addition of Randolph is a huge plus for Memphis.

NoahH
03-10-2012, 07:57 PM
I need him back. I got him on my fantasy team. Picked him up two weeks ago

mzgrizz
03-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Doubt chemistry will be a problem. He'll step back in and Mo Speights will be our backup to bigs instead of starting. Mark and ZBo have such great chemistry;and I do believe Rudy can keep his ego in check and all will be well in GrizzlyLand.

ohreally
03-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm definitely looking for Memphis to make serious noise with Zach back. To me, this is the team to beat in the West, and I expect to see them in the finals.

Blitzbolt
03-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Mike Conley is 1st in steals and Tony Allen is 8th Rudy Gay and Marc Gasol are playing great right now adding Randolph should make the Grizzlies one of the favorites.

evezayr
03-11-2012, 12:03 AM
http://www.vvio.info/jpg1Hope the Grizzlies and Thunder meet in the WCF and the Grizzlies winning in 7.
Thunder meet in the WCF and the Grizzlies winning in 7.

MrfadeawayJB
03-11-2012, 12:18 AM
counting down the days...

Tom TippinHoe's
03-11-2012, 12:30 AM
I need him back for a big playoff push in my fantasy BB league, but I'm also a huge zbo fan.

Raph12
03-11-2012, 12:58 AM

Last season the team was 30-24 with both Gay and ZBo in the lineup; this season they were 1-3 with both guys in the lineup; they are a total of 45-30 (including playoffs) with one or the other in the lineup... Safe to say that there will be some chemistry issues to start out, but I think they get it together before the playoffs.

Hustla23
03-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Last season the team was 30-24 with both Gay and ZBo in the lineup; this season they were 1-3 with both guys in the lineup; they are a total of 45-30 (including playoffs) with one or the other in the lineup... Safe to say that there will be some chemistry issues to start out, but I think they get it together before the playoffs.
In the short term, possibly.

But we've seen how good the Grizzlies looked in the playoffs, with Zbo being a huge part of that team.

D-Leethal
03-11-2012, 01:25 PM

I think its different with Gay back. I'm not saying it won't work but it could be a similar to thing adding Melo to a team thats clicking, its tough for a guy like that to really 'fit in'....last year that offense completely ran for ZBo as the #1 guy, now Gay is back and Marc is an all star.....ZBo's a good enough passer to make it work, but the problem with Melo ain't his passing ability either

If it works I think they can take out OKC....

Hustla23
03-11-2012, 03:08 PM
I think its different with Gay back. I'm not saying it won't work but it could be a similar to thing adding Melo to a team thats clicking, its tough for a guy like that to really 'fit in'....last year that offense completely ran for ZBo as the #1 guy, now Gay is back and Marc is an all star.....ZBo's a good enough passer to make it work, but the problem with Melo ain't his passing ability either

If it works I think they can take out OKC....
Zbo is a different player than what he was in his Portland days.

Melo doesn't bring the intangibles that Zbo does. Zbo was the best offensive rebounder in the league last season. I mean, he was in mission control in the paint last year. So even if his shots aren't falling, he'll give a team a crap load of extra possessions and second chance points with his rebounding.

So yeah, there are probably some early chemistry issues associated with throwing in a star player, but based on what I saw from the Grizzlies last season, they should be fine.

Raph12
03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
In the short term, possibly.

But we've seen how good the Grizzlies looked in the playoffs, with Zbo being a huge part of that team.

Again without Gay... Having both guys who expect 15-25 shots on any given night will cause chemistry issues to start out.

Like I said, if they get it together before the playoffs, that's a scary team going into the first round.

lavilevi23
03-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Grizz are a gr8 team. One of my favorites in the NBA.

Hustla23
03-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Again without Gay... Having both guys who expect 15-25 shots on any given night will cause chemistry issues to start out.

Like I said, if they get it together before the playoffs, that's a scary team going into the first round.
This is basically what I said as well.

Raph12
03-12-2012, 12:08 AM
This is basically what I said as well.

Well it's exactly what I said in my OP:

So why were you arguing lol?