PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Knicks will make the playoffs?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Lets be honest, they are not playing winning basketball at all right now.
They have a record of 18-22 despite having the easiest schedule in the league (SOS .462).

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/page/2/sort/sos

Now it gets tough for the knicks, they have 26 games remaining in which 16 of them are against playoff teams.

Here's their remaining schedule:

vs Philadelphia
@ Chicago
vs Portland
vs Indiana
@ Indiana
vs Toronto
@ Philadelphia
@ Toronto
vs Detroit
vs Milwaukee
vs Orlando
@ Atlanta
vs Cleveland
@ Indiana
@ Orlando
vs Chicago
@ Chicago
@ Milwaukee
vs Washington
vs Miami
vs Boston
@ New Jersey
@ Cleveland
@ Atlanta
vs LA Clippers
@ Charlotte

These are the 16 games against playoff teams
3x Chicago
3x Indiana
2x Orlando
2x Philadelphia
2x Atlanta
Miami
Portland
Boston
LA

These teams combine a winning record of 407 - 230

Bias aside, what do you think? Will they make it, or not?

akia83
03-10-2012, 01:42 PM
They are bad, but the East is Worse.
And Portland isn't a playoff team.

NYK4L
03-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Short answer, yes.:clap:

BKLYNpigeon
03-10-2012, 01:48 PM
It would be so funny if they didnt. with all that talent they arent even a .500 team. lol.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM
I think they probably will but they have zero chance against the bulls or heat.

yankeesown69
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM
The fan in me says yes they'll eventually figure it out and hopefully get rolling at the right time. I know we're only up like 2 games on the Bucks but i'm not worrying yet about that for some reason, but that could change quickly.

shep33
03-10-2012, 01:51 PM
They'll make it, because the Bucks are just as inconsistent. This shouldn't even be a topic with the talent on that roster. 4 games below .500 now? I think they can put it all together and start to be that dangerous team though.

justinnum1
03-10-2012, 01:52 PM
id say its 50/50

BKLYNpigeon
03-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Knicks are one and done in the playoffs.

NYK4L
03-10-2012, 01:57 PM
7th or 8th seed...which probably means we won't make it past the first round, but i'm hopeful :o

VillaMaravilla
03-10-2012, 01:57 PM
As of right now nope and honestly if we just sneak in whats the point just to get massacred by miami I rather take my chances in the draft I think our chances are betger of landing a top 5 pick then getting out of the first round....

--23--
03-10-2012, 01:58 PM
It will be tough, looking at Milwaukee's easy schedule compared to the Knicks schedule, they will be fighting for that 8th spot from now on.

Bubba313
03-10-2012, 02:04 PM
As of right now nope and honestly if we just sneak in whats the point just to get massacred by miami I rather take my chances in the draft I think our chances are betger of landing a top 5 pick then getting out of the first round....

Stop saying we, your not a Knick fan

kjoke
03-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Linsansity was a big cover up/ They need to make changes. They have to get rid D'antoni. Keep Melo and Amare because I feel like they can get together, they just need to gather behind the right coach

lvlheaded
03-10-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm a knick fan, and as of now, the way they are playing, no. I don't think they will. I get how bad the east is but they just are not playing well and the schedule doesn't get any easier. I have to say no

effen5
03-10-2012, 02:17 PM
They won't make it. Bucks will overtake the 8th

NYK4L
03-10-2012, 02:21 PM
I thought you died oh well :(

The perfect mix of cruel and funny :D:D

Donk'E'Dic
03-10-2012, 02:23 PM
All the talent they have, you would assume they should

shep33
03-10-2012, 02:24 PM
They'll make it, and I think they'll be a dangerous team... if they build upon that chemistry

That being said, I have one problem with criticism of the Knicks by some Knick reporters/analysts/fans

I think Hahn has been very critical of Amare's defense yesterday...Why be so critical of Amare and Melo's defense this year? The reality is they've never been good defensive players, and trading him to another team was not going to miraculously change that.

It's like trading Shaq to a different team and expecting his FT% to somehow increase.

2-ONE-5
03-10-2012, 02:38 PM
they already made their push with Lins brief emergence and it wasnt enough. They had their chance to make a run at the division when the Sixers were sliding but they blew it and will be lucky to make the playoffs.
Linsanity is over and the Knicks are done

LongIslandIcedZ
03-10-2012, 02:39 PM
I think they'll get in the playoffs, I think they have too much talent not to. Having said that, this team as their playing now, will get curbstomped by Miami. The team has no strategy when Melo and Lin are on the floor together. Yesterday they got very good offensive games from Stat and Lin, but every time Melo came, the offense stalled. Lin played very good D on Jennings multiple times, forced him into tough shots, and then Milwaukee got offensive rebound after offensive rebound.

When everyone on the team is clicking, I think they can be a very dangerous team. But whether or not that can happen remains to be seen.

Fnom11
03-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Remember people thought they were a "darkhorse" team and now they probably won't even make the playoffs?

xxplayerxx23
03-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Lol coming from a laker fan, Yes knicks will make the playoffs

Shadowplay
03-10-2012, 03:11 PM
I think they'll get the 7th or 8th seed.

arkanian215
03-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Who's going to catch them? Unless they implode and drop 5-6 games under .500, there shouldn't be any other team competing for that 8th spot. Even then it's very unlikely.

SaimuKala
03-10-2012, 04:03 PM
No if Melo keeps playing like that. Even if they get the 7th or 8th seed, they have no chance against the heat or bulls.

ghettosean
03-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Lets see if anyone makes a trade and then decide....

WHERE ARE THE ****ING TRADES!!!

With everything the way it is now though yes I think they make the playoffs.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Remember when New York was going to be a nightmare for any team to face?

Kashmir13579
03-10-2012, 04:17 PM
maybe. If they trade 'Melo.

Yames
03-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Random thought...not saying this will happen but as of now nj is only 4 1/2 games back and with a relatively favorable schedule coming up until the trade deadline..now if they manage to win the next 3 of 4 and get Dwight Thursday what realistic shot does nj have??

BcEuAbRsS
03-10-2012, 04:25 PM
I fully believe they won't... And nobody in the world can convince me the Melo is why they are losing...

justinnum1
03-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Random thought...not saying this will happen but as of now nj is only 4 1/2 games back and with a relatively favorable schedule coming up until the trade deadline..now if they manage to win the next 3 of 4 and get Dwight Thursday what realistic shot does nj have??

in that case, i think NJ would knock NY out of the picture. Tho im sure the 1seed would rather face the knicks than dwight and dwill

BcEuAbRsS
03-10-2012, 04:33 PM
in that case, i think NJ would knock NY out of the picture. Tho im sure the 1seed would rather face the knicks than dwight and dwill

Yes we would :D

nyKnicks126
03-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Melo and STAT cancel each other out like I said when the trade was made... They make the team worse.. So one of them have to go as a decision moving forward.

justinnum1
03-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Yes we would :D

You guys need that 1 seed a lot more than we do. Tho im not sure if its worth risking the health of your players to get it.

ManRam
03-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes. I do. They'll figure it out soon. They're better than Milwaukee and Cleveland. They can hold those two teams off.

Hustla23
03-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Sure, why not.

Not having Tyson and Jared as well as the lack of acclimation by all the guys should be resolved by the time the playoffs roll around.

If it doesn't, then well it is what it is.

DaBear
03-10-2012, 05:06 PM
They need to fire d'ntoni. He couldn't even win with all that talent in Phoenix.

Mr Costanza
03-10-2012, 05:08 PM
This may be the first knick poll you will have knick fans voting against them given the current state they are in.

Neosheed
03-10-2012, 05:47 PM
No.they have to play Chicago and the pacers 3x each and philly 2 and Orl 2 o
Plus other playoff teams I say no to much of a up hill battle

itsripcity32
03-10-2012, 05:53 PM
With all the talent they have, knicks are a joke. J Lin for MVP ;)

justinnum1
03-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Sit melo and they will make the playoffs

knicks=love
03-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I think they probably will but they have zero chance against the bulls or heat.

i think they will make it too, but i wouldn't give the knicks zero chance against the bulls or heat. it's obviously not a good chance, but there's never no chance a team can upset a better team. i'm not trying to put the knicks on a pedestal, cause they don't deserve one, i'm just being realistic.

Raph12
03-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Considering the other teams in the East trying to get in (Bucks, Cavs, Nets, Raps, etc), I think the Knicks have as good as chance as any of those teams...

jp611
03-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I think they will, but they aren't going to beat anyone, they need to fire dantoni and get a hard nosed coach to preach defense

justinnum1
03-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Considering the other teams in the East trying to get in (Bucks, Cavs, Nets, Raps, etc), I think the Knicks have as good as chance as any of those teams...

but then consider how hard there upcoming schedule is...

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Bulls fans talking trash like their team is good enough to beat the Heat. I love Drose but y'all are the same team from last year and old R.I.P Hamilton is ur gamechanger to get over the hump. All of our players have not played together long enough to gel and while we still have major flaws , we will get better eventually . Every Knick fan should be concerned but no reason to be on suicide watch yet

justinnum1
03-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Bulls fans talking trash like their team is good enough to beat the Heat. I love Drose but y'all are the same team from last year and old R.I.P Hamilton is ur gamechanger to get over the hump. All of our players have not played together long enough to gel and while we still have major flaws , we will get better eventually . Every Knick fan should be concerned but no reason to be on suicide watch yet

I hear this every week...

amare and melo havent fit well together since melo came last year. they just are not a good fit. time wont help that, a new coach might, but we all saw what happened when melo was out.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-10-2012, 06:24 PM
but then consider how hard there upcoming schedule is...

Other teams play games as well

jp611
03-10-2012, 06:26 PM

Except that the Bulls are better than last year, but this has nothing to do with the bulls, it has has to do with the woeful Knicks

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-10-2012, 06:28 PM

amare and melo havent fit well together since melo came last year. they just are not a good fit. time wont help that, a new coach might, but we all saw what happened when melo was out.

I guess u didn't watch our 7 game win streak last year at the end of the season or that first game of the playoffs b4 stat and bilups got hurt. Dont pretend to know my team more than I do. I actually watch every game. The heat cried in the locker room going thru the same chemistry issues and losing games. So while we are not as top heavy as the Heat chemistry can be gained and we've had signs of it..

Delusional
03-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't think the playoffs are possible for the Knicks. They have a very talented roster, but if the cogs in the machine won't turn...what good is the machine?

They need to decide if they are going to play true pick and roll basketball with Lin and Stoudemire or if they want to play isolation basketball with Davis and Melo. These four players can't be mixed and matched, so some roster moves are probably on the horizon either way.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Except that the Bulls are better than last year, but this has nothing to do with the bulls, it has has to do with the woeful Knicks

Record wise u are better. But this is team is just as flawed as a playoff team. Your stellar defense masks the fact that y'all can't score and your far from a chip contender so y'all talkin smack makes no sense. DRose needs more help to win a title and u know it

jp611
03-10-2012, 06:31 PM

I guess u didn't watch our 7 game win streak last year at the end of the season or that first game of the playoffs b4 stat and bilups got hurt. Dont pretend to know my team more than I do. I actually watch every game. The heat cried in the locker room going thru the same chemistry issues and losing games. So while we are not as top heavy as the Heat chemistry can be gained and we've had signs of it..

The heat went through chemistry issues but also were never below .500 and always have been great defensively, don't ever compare the 2 again, it's not even a close comparison

CityofTreez
03-10-2012, 06:33 PM
They'll make it in, but be quick to leave the postseason.

ne3xchamps
They will get in, the east is horrible.

jp611

Record wise u are better. But this is team is just as flawed as a playoff team. Your stellar defense masks the fact that y'all can't score and your far from a chip contender so y'all talkin smack makes no sense. DRose needs more help to win a title and u know it

3rd most efficient offense in the league, the offense isn't bad, it's a top 10 offense in the league whether you want to believe it or not

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-10-2012, 06:36 PM
The heat went through chemistry issues but also were never below .500 and always have been great defensively, don't ever compare the 2 again, it's not even a close comparison

I guess u missed my point.. It was about gaining chemistry.. People claimed Lebron and wade could not play together.. The won on pure talent more than cohesiveness . Secondly I never said we were close.. It wasn't a hard point to grasp. And the Knicks can gain chemistry. They've shown it. Now we've had injuries and an influx of new players . Knicks will be ok

Kuya_Clive
03-10-2012, 06:40 PM
I think they will make the playoffs, but I don't think they will get past the first round considering that they will most likely play the Bulls or Heat. If they want the best chance at getting past the first round, the Knicks need to move up the standings. Also, if they do not make the playoffs, some changes may have to be made with that team.

oak2455
03-10-2012, 06:42 PM
What a douche bag thread

justinnum1
03-10-2012, 06:45 PM

lol, ok...you guys wont win as long as melo is on the floor. And that stretch where you guys played great while he was out is what im talking about. Not to mention your pieces just dont fit that well.

justinnum1
03-10-2012, 06:46 PM
I guess u missed my point.. It was about gaining chemistry.. People claimed Lebron and wade could not play together.. The won on pure talent more than cohesiveness . Secondly I never said we were close.. It wasn't a hard point to grasp. And the Knicks can gain chemistry. They've shown it. Now we've had injuries and an influx of new players . Knicks will be ok

lebron and wade wanted to play together. IM not sure melo and stat wanted to play together...i think melo went there thinking cp3 would come.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-10-2012, 07:10 PM
lebron and wade wanted to play together. IM not sure melo and stat wanted to play together...i think melo went there thinking cp3 would come.

Stat was the reason Melo forced his way to ny. And in response to cp3 coming I might agree with u there but either way that's spilt milk. Wade and bron wanted to play together but it still took them awhile to gain chemistry . But ur a heat fan so u should know this better than I do. I'd rather struggle with these guys trying to get chemistry than win off just talent overpowering weaker teams. Teams like Chicago and Mia , San an win because of defensive chemistry and improving offensive chemistry. Still think the bulls need 1 more piece to be a legit finals contender tho..

Blitzbolt
03-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't know if they will but I want them to Lin Melo and other are fun to watch.

itsripcity32
03-10-2012, 07:18 PM
What a douche bag thread

Please.. It's a great thread that allows fans to discuss their opinions about whether or not this underachieving team with a lot of talent will make the playoffs.

mavwar53
03-10-2012, 07:20 PM
yes but only cause the east is full of NCAA talent teams

cssdmark
03-10-2012, 07:22 PM
This team has the talent to come out of the East but they lack the discipline, heart and will. The players on this team are easily discouraged and for some reason (coaching) they always get run in the third quarter after the opposing coach makes adjustments at the half. I am not mad at the coach but he only knows how to run his system and is too stubborn to adjust. I think he knows he will not be back next year, so could care less. Therefore I say no.

bklynny67
03-10-2012, 07:31 PM
This team has the talent to come out of the East but they lack the discipline, heart and will. The players on this team are easily discouraged and for some reason (coaching) they always get run in the third quarter after the opposing coach makes adjustments at the half. I am not mad at the coach but he only knows how to run his system and is too stubborn to adjust. I think he knows he will not be back next year, so could care less. Therefore I say no.

you mean couldn't care less :D

Slimsim
03-10-2012, 07:42 PM
3rd most efficient offense in the league, the offense isn't bad, it's a top 10 offense in the league whether you want to believe it or not

Not good enough for Miami Delusional bulls fan think they miraculously got better when their team looks exactly the same. Watch your team look real beatable when teams are focus and prepare in a 7 game series

BcEuAbRsS
03-10-2012, 07:50 PM
You guys need that 1 seed a lot more than we do. Tho im not sure if its worth risking the health of your players to get it.

We do need it more... Miami is the better team, but I've said 100 times that the Bulls can indeed beat them...

And Thibs goes all out on every single possession let alone every game... I think that may be the reason some star players have avoided Chicago... That said Thibs is a top coach in the league, I trust him...

jp611
03-10-2012, 07:51 PM

Not good enough for Miami Delusional bulls fan think they miraculously got better when their team looks exactly the same. Watch your team look real beatable when teams are focus and prepare in a 7 game series

They did get better, boozer and Noah are meshing together, they weren't last year at all, rose is better than he was last year, the team has more experience under their belt, and has the best defense in the league... All the games against Miami were close and came down to the wire, Bulls can beat the Heat, the Heat are absolutely the favorites but the Bulls aren't far behind

Slimsim
03-10-2012, 07:58 PM
They did get better, boozer and Noah are meshing together, they weren't last year at all, rose is better than he was last year, the team has more experience under their belt, and has the best defense in the league... All the games against Miami were close and came down to the wire, Bulls can beat the Heat, the Heat are absolutely the favorites but the Bulls aren't far behind

Same can be said about NY entire roster. We aren't fortunate to have the same team for a full year. Let NY mesh then you can talk all the ******** you like if we still fail

2-ONE-5
03-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I can't wait for the Sixers to steamroll the Knicks in the garden tomorrow. Gonna be a great way to kick off a good day of hoops!

jp611
03-10-2012, 08:06 PM
And the Bulls play them the next night :D

Should be fun

MTL_123
03-10-2012, 08:16 PM
if bulls fans are gonna talk about chemistry from last year to this year u have to accepte that the knicks still need time and this is coming from a heat fan

More-Than-Most
03-10-2012, 08:17 PM
damn near every team makes the playoffs

oak2455
03-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Please.. It's a great thread that allows fans to discuss their opinions about whether or not this underachieving team with a lot of talent will make the playoffs.

Coach sucks

Slimsim
03-10-2012, 08:22 PM
if bulls fans are gonna talk about chemistry from last year to this year u have to accepte that the knicks still need time and this is coming from a heat fan

Bingo. Bulls fan make so many excuse about their loses and shortcomings but then turn around and ignore it when teams are struggling because of the same reason.

Slimsim
03-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I can't wait for the Sixers to steamroll the Knicks in the garden tomorrow. Gonna be a great way to kick off a good day of hoops!

Was you this cocky a week back when Philly fans Had a thread about us being better in the sixers forum

naps
03-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I want them to make it just because I like playoff basketball in MSG. But it's 50-50 at this point to be honest. With that much talent on the team I have no idea how they have such a poor record. Carmelo is just not a winner I guess. He's been an underachiever his whole career. Always had great teams but never has done anything great.

NYK4L
03-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Was you this cocky a week back when Philly fans Had a thread about us being better in the sixers forum

LOL just saw that thread.

ohreally
03-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Boston has the 7th seed by 3.5 games, but they are starting an 8-game road trip.

The Bucks are 2 behind, but their schedule is easier; they're a better home team by far, and their road schedule is a heck of a lot easier. They will also be getting Bogut back by April, or whatever they get for him in a trade next week even earlier.

Cleveland has a somwehat tougher schedule, but that three guard offense seems to be clicking and they will be getting Varejao back.

But Bucks and Cavs play each other 3 times.

It does seem that either the Bucks or Cavs will overtake the Knicks, since the Knicks are in disarray right now and I can definitely see Melo and JR and eventually maybe even Davis becoming a growing "problem" for team chemistry.

Not making the playoffs would be pitiful though.

xxplayerxx23
03-10-2012, 08:43 PM

lol cant wait until the knicks spank them just like last time we played them, Overated team, To the guy below you bulls game should be fun for you not so much with drose droping 45:(

NYK4L
03-10-2012, 08:47 PM

sixers suck. im about to jump ship and become a knick fan. LINSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^another sixers fan post LOL

xxplayerxx23
03-10-2012, 08:49 PM
I want them to make it just because I like playoff basketball in MSG. But it's 50-50 at this point to be honest. With that much talent on the team I have no idea how they have such a poor record. Carmelo is just not a winner I guess. He's been an underachiever his whole career. Always had great teams but never has done anything great.

how does making the playoffs ever year in the tough west make you a loser? they keep changing personal on him, give it some time, I know everyone is sick of that but thats what they need, Plus He has not had great teams around him,Average teams to above average teams, Nowhere near LA,or the Spurs, So him not winning it all isnt a surprise, I think he will get over the hump soon, maybe in 1-2 years hopefully knicks win one

Daze9900
03-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I was going to say no but I think the Bucks are going to have some sort of fire sale MLB style at the trade deadline. They are listening to offers for Bogut and they aren't going to pay Illyasova so he's gone. If Bucks keep their team in tact they leapfrog the Knicks and sneak in.

2-ONE-5
03-10-2012, 08:58 PM

Yea I was go check it. I have said from the start of the season the Knicks finish 3rd in the Atlantic. Hate on the Sixers all u want but who leads the Atlantic? Who just put a beat down on the 2nd place team in the division? Who is gonna handle the Knicks tomorrow?

Hint: same answer for all 3 questions

CudiOnMyiPod
03-10-2012, 09:05 PM
how does making the playoffs ever year in the tough west make you a loser? they keep changing personal on him, give it some time, I know everyone is sick of that but thats what they need, Plus He has not had great teams around him,Average teams to above average teams, Nowhere near LA,or the Spurs, So him not winning it all isnt a surprise, I think he will get over the hump soon, maybe in 1-2 years hopefully knicks win one

Ok ok. We will just give Carmelo a pass.

He had Billups, Nene, Smith when he was dialed in, Martin and a good bench. Don't say he didn't have a team. He just isn't a winner.

rockbottom2010
03-10-2012, 09:06 PM
milwaukee is the team to watch....jennings gooden ilayasova....they are willing to trade bogut...cuz those 3 are dominant

NYK4L
03-10-2012, 09:07 PM

He had Billups, Nene, Smith when he was dialed in, Martin and a good bench. Don't say he didn't have a team. He just isn't a winner.

Dirk wasn't a winner until last year, how old is he now?

effen5
03-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Why r the Knicks fans ripping the bulls? Scary thing about the bulls....they haven't even peaked yet.

And about the whole meshing thing....how long does the Knicks fans give them to mesh? Another decade?

xxplayerxx23
03-10-2012, 09:12 PM

Compare that to the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, Get out of here, he is a winner, Losers dont make the playoffs ever year

Punk
03-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Lol at PSD's psychotic hate for Carmelo. Reminds me alot of Gallo. Now, he's so good, right?

The last two losses came without Tyson. They suck either way but we'll figure it out.

Amare and D'antoni need to go. That will make me happy.

effen5
03-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Lol at PSD's psychotic hate for Carmelo. Reminds me alot of Gallo. Now, he's so good, right?

The last two losses came without Tyson. They suck either way but we'll figure it out.

Amare and D'antoni need to go. That will make me happy.

Nobody is going to want amare's contract...ever.

ohreally
03-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Nobody is going to want amare's contract...ever.

I don't know about nobody, ever, but nobody is going to give anything much to get him.

effen5
03-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I don't know about nobody, ever, but nobody is going to give anything much to get him.

Who the hell would trade for a guy worth over a 100mil that plays no defense and won't grab a rebound?

As much as everyone rips boozer he's at least worth 30mil less has decent offense and is a great rebounder.

waveycrockett
03-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Who the hell would trade for a guy worth over a 100mil that plays no defense and won't grab a rebound?

As much as everyone rips boozer he's at least worth 30mil less has decent offense and is a great rebounder.

Amar'e is only owed 60 Million now but I agree. Dude really doesn't give a crap on defense. Knicks should have just kept David Lee for what they have gotten out of Amar'e

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Yea I was go check it. I have said from the start of the season the Knicks finish 3rd in the Atlantic. Hate on the Sixers all u want but who leads the Atlantic? Who just put a beat down on the 2nd place team in the division? Who is gonna handle the Knicks tomorrow?

Hint: same answer for all 3 questions

U forgot 1. WHO WILL BE A FIRST ROUND KNOCK OUT FOR THE NEXT 5 years at least?? Or who lost to the Knicks earlier in the season and is playing the Knicks 2mrw???

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-10-2012, 09:52 PM

And boozer never shows up playoff time !!! I can't say I disagree with u on Amares flaws but Boozer never has had the playoff success he has. I wish his guy did pnt get hurt last post season.. Not saying it was a guaranteed second round but far from a sweep

knicks=love
03-10-2012, 10:00 PM

:laugh2:

:speechless:

effen5
03-10-2012, 10:04 PM
And boozer never shows up playoff time !!! I can't say I disagree with u on Amares flaws but Boozer never has had the playoff success he has. I wish his guy did pnt get hurt last post season.. Not saying it was a guaranteed second round but far from a sweep

Why because boozer played poorly last year? People forget he and Noah were hurt all through the playoffs....but they never bring that up.

knicks=love
03-10-2012, 10:04 PM
this 2-ONE-5 kid has so much confidence in his team who lost to the knicks once already this year.

Slimsim
03-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Why because boozer played poorly last year? People forget he and Noah were hurt all through the playoffs....but they never bring that up.

More ****ing excuses Never just accept the fact that your team in a 7 game series isn't that dangerous, and a unmotivated Hawks team proved it.

Slimsim
03-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Why r the Knicks fans ripping the bulls? Scary thing about the bulls....they haven't even peaked yet.

And about the whole meshing thing....how long does the Knicks fans give them to mesh? Another decade?

A bulls fan just use the Noah and Boozer meshing Excuse for losing to Miami which is complete ****ing joke of a excuse. You Might have the best record but deep down Miami already know they got your number so enjoy second place *****

effen5
03-10-2012, 10:14 PM
More ****ing excuses Never just accept the fact that your team in a 7 game series isn't that dangerous, and a unmotivated Hawks team proved it.

Is that an excuse for the hawks?

You can say what you want about the bulls. Doesn't matter to me because at the end of the day this team is still 25 games over 500 with a hurt team all year.

Slimsim
03-10-2012, 10:15 PM

So THen we can agree Nash isn't a winner ?

effen5
03-10-2012, 10:16 PM
A bulls fan just use the Noah and Boozer meshing Excuse for losing to Miami which is complete ****ing joke of a excuse. You Might have the best record but deep down Miami already know they got your number so enjoy second place *****

Wow you mad because your team sucks major ****.

And he's right...boozer and Noah only played what 20 games together in the regular season and never had time to build chemistry. Then boozer played with turf toe throughout the playoffs.

This year you can see how well they've played together.

effen5
03-10-2012, 10:17 PM
But motha****a u mad....enjoy the lottery pick....oh wait do you guys even have a pick?

CityofTreez
03-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree with the NY meshing argument, only because being a Kings fan, we're one of the younger teams in the League. Every game is a building block for meshing for the future. BUT, the Knicks are such an experienced team, and have "meshed" with Lin, but Melo appeared and it hasn't been so successful. But, more "meshing" will only help the Knicks future players..

I just think D'Antoni is atrocious of a coach. He's like a ****ing tyrant. He comes in, brings his stupid idealogy of coaching. Brings in "his" players in Amare, a product of his stupid idealogy. Players arrive and emerge in NY, but only abysmal success, and no adjustments. Knicks management is catering to this guy, and I don't see it stopping. Unless he really does it get fired, and the Knicks are looking around for a candidate to willingly accept coaching in the Media Mogul that is New York. That sounds terrible, just because picking coaches in NY has blown for a good time now.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-10-2012, 10:21 PM
But motha****a u mad....enjoy the lottery pick....oh wait do you guys even have a pick?

I'd call our pick Lin .. I'd gladly take that... And the bulls got marginally better and so did the Heat. All homerism aside it will take an epic series from DRose to overcome the Heat in 7 .. And truthfully I'd root for u even though ur trolling my squad

Slimsim
03-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Wow you mad because your team sucks major ****.

And he's right...boozer and Noah only played what 20 games together in the regular season and never had time to build chemistry. Then boozer played with turf toe throughout the playoffs.

This year you can see how well they've played together.

Why Am I Mad Sure the Knicks aren't doing to well but unlike Chicago i have other Sports teams that can Win titles Can you say the same. Also Boozer is a notorious Playoff choker And many can agree so like i said Enjoy second place

Slimsim
03-10-2012, 10:26 PM

Sure if I'm not mistaken you Sound like the one who is MAD. Truth hurts ?

knicks=love
03-10-2012, 10:28 PM

lottery pick? are you that much of a moron or do you just care to troll all over knicks fans.

Knicks21
03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
The most talented 18-22 team that i've seen.

Kuya_Clive
03-11-2012, 02:09 AM
This thread is absolutely mind blowing

D Roses Bulls
03-11-2012, 02:13 AM
kinciks are a joke, i voted no

jp611
03-11-2012, 09:41 AM

Bingo. Bulls fan make so many excuse about their loses and shortcomings but then turn around and ignore it when teams are struggling because of the same reason.

Bulls have 9 losses, not 22... It's been over a year, the knicks aren't going to mesh anytime soon as long as dantoni is still their coach, don't compare the bulls to the Knicks ever again

oak2455
03-11-2012, 09:44 AM

He look Chicagos troll:facepalm:

jp611
03-11-2012, 09:47 AM

You're so wrong, boozer has shown up in the playoffs every year, he had big numbers in Utah, last year he was playing on that turf toe and it was the reason he played so poorly, nice try though

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-11-2012, 09:57 AM
You're so wrong, boozer has shown up in the playoffs every year, he had big numbers in Utah, last year he was playing on that turf toe and it was the reason he played so poorly, nice try though

Ok , homerism at an all time high. In big series Boozer has always choked against the elite teams. Look it up

abe_froman
03-11-2012, 10:18 AM
they should have a good shot with the names on the roster...but mil has a way easier schedule.i guess i'll give them a 50/50 shot

jp611
03-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Ok , homerism at an all time high. In big series Boozer has always choked against the elite teams. Look it up

18.2 points and 11.8 rebounds per game in the playoffs, and that is including his numbers last season in which he struggled

knicks=love
03-11-2012, 10:26 AM
/thread. i hate knicks threads in the NBA forum. :pity:

THEY GO NOWHERE

YEDN90
03-11-2012, 10:59 AM
How is this even debatable!?

I thought Lin and co. were going to be the biggest challenge for Miami and an easy pick for the championship?

:rolleyes:

A stab at the media, not Knicks fans.

SportsAndrew25
03-11-2012, 11:08 AM
If the Knicks make the playoffs, the Heat and Bulls will make quick work of them.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-11-2012, 11:25 AM
18.2 points and 11.8 rebounds per game in the playoffs, and that is including his numbers last season in which he struggled

Again. In Big Series he disappears!!

nickdymez
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
No because at PSD you have to hate the Knicks and Carmelo.

jp611
03-11-2012, 11:35 AM

Again. In Big Series he disappears!!

If 18.2 points and 11.8 rebounds is disappearing then sign me up

YEDN90
03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
^ That, all day.

Vincent
03-11-2012, 01:21 PM
I'd call our pick Lin .. I'd gladly take that... And the bulls got marginally better and so did the Heat. All homerism aside it will take an epic series from DRose to overcome the Heat in 7 .. And truthfully I'd root for u even though ur trolling my squad

Not all Bulls fans are Knicks haters, I cheer for them everytime I see them play (outside of the Bulls). I hope they get it together and play Miami in the first round, I just think it would be a fun series to watch (as long as Jeremy does turn the ball over as much).

jp611
03-11-2012, 02:23 PM
And another loss for them, with their tough schedule I just don't think they make it... Does their first round pick go to the nuggets? That would be nice if the Nuggets get a lottery pick

dnewguy
03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Play-offs? talking about Play-offs? The only scenario is trading Melo for Smith. They have enough offense when the ball is spread around, they just need defense. Melo ain't doing jack for that team, he's taking away from them IMO.

2-ONE-5
03-11-2012, 02:31 PM
STEAMROLLED. just like I said!:no:

Stick a fork in the Knicks they are DONE

Kuya_Clive
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM
I was watching the Knicks v. Sixers game. It seems that the fans are now fed up with team, and that the players have begun tuning D'antoni out. Another win streak might fix things temporarily, hopefully they don't start against the Bulls tomorrow though.

Baller1
03-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Blow it up! They're done for... I think they have the talent to figure it out and make it to the playoffs, but they won't do ****.

dnewguy
03-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I was watching the Knicks v. Sixers game. It seems that the fans are now fed up with team, and that the players have begun tuning D'antoni out. Another win streak might fix things temporarily, hopefully they don't start against the Bulls tomorrow though.

Hahahahhahahaha.............they have zero chance of coming within 10 points of Chicago. Get ready for comedy tomorrow.....it'll be that funny.

Jeremy Lin V. Derrick Rose :laugh2:

justinnum1
03-11-2012, 02:39 PM
oh boy, 2nd night of back to back agasint the bulls, heat have the same thing wednesday aftr playing orlando tuesday.

but yea, knicks have no chance tomorrow.

also im changing 50/50 they make the playoffs, to 65/35 they miss

jp611
03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
No Deng, no Watson, no Rip, and maybe no Noah... And I still think we win easily

dnewguy
03-11-2012, 02:43 PM
No Deng, no Watson, no Rip, and maybe no Noah... And I still think we win easily

The Bulls will need those guys on Weds. The Miami Heat will be in town.

Kuya_Clive
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Hahahahhahahaha.............they have zero chance of coming within 10 points of Chicago. Get ready for comedy tomorrow.....it'll be that funny.

Jeremy Lin V. Derrick Rose :laugh2:

Can't wait for that game.

oh boy, 2nd night of back to back agasint the bulls, heat have the same thing wednesday aftr playing orlando tuesday.

but yea, knicks have no chance tomorrow.

also im changing 50/50 they make the playoffs, to 65/35 they miss

Yea, I'm starting to think that their playoff chances are getting worse with each lackluster performance.

ChaseHamels
Probably not. They don't play defense and act like punks.

jp611
Well, we will have Noah back by Wednesday for sure, maybe Watson, maybe Deng, but I doubt it and Rip is definitely out

effen5
The Bulls will need those guys on Weds. The Miami Heat will be in town.

They probably won't play on Wednesday they are all hurt.

meloman1592
03-11-2012, 02:46 PM
lmao playoffs? we should change the thread to will the knicks win again this season?

Chi City23
03-11-2012, 02:47 PM
:laugh2:

jp611
03-11-2012, 02:47 PM
The Knicks can only lose 9 more games this season if they want to be a .500 team... I don't see it happening with their rough schedule

jp611
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
With Lin's putrid defense, Rose may score 40 very easily tomorrow night... Or he may score about 15 and sit out the entire 4th quarter after we just cream them

effen5
03-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Scal goes for ten tomorrow.

Crackadalic
03-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Knicks suck

There I said it

Still think we turn it around by mid april

justinnum1
03-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Knicks suck

There I said it

Still think we turn it around by mid april

it will be to late by then

Crackadalic
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
it will be to late by then

I've seen stranger things before in the nba. We would probably just make the 8th spot and lose in the 1st round. Hopefully we actually win a game

setman2000
03-11-2012, 03:18 PM
The bottom teams in the east suck so the sub .500, Anthony led Knots, pathetically make the playoffs. If they played in the West they would be tied with Golden State for the 3rd worse record.

JordansBulls
03-11-2012, 07:25 PM
If they do they will be the 8th seed.

pd1dish
03-11-2012, 07:32 PM
make the playoffs? the Knicks have Lin....i thought he was the Savior...

DoMeFavors
03-11-2012, 07:34 PM
I was watching a video on youtube Knicks amazing comeback against the Miami Heat their chemistry was so good, they all knew where each other was and the players were all having fun. The chemistry now is pathetic.
No they dont make the playoffs.

Raph12
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm really liking this Cavs team; with the Knicks free-falling and a tough schedule ahead of them, it may be between the Cavs and Bucks for that 8th spot.

xxplayerxx23
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
99 Knicks? :D I still believe we make the playoffs

Bubba313
03-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Not only will we make the playoffs! BUT

BUT

but

yea we'll make the playoffs

lavilevi23
03-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm really liking this Cavs team; with the Knicks free-falling and a tough schedule ahead of them, it may be between the Cavs and Bucks for that 8th spot.

Not to mention both teams will get their starting All-Star cliber centers back in Varejao and Bogut.

Raph12
03-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Not to mention both teams will get their starting All-Star cliber centers back in Varejao and Bogut.

Varejao is not "All-Star" caliber, not even a "center" he's just out of position because Big Z and Shaq retired...

xxplayerxx23
03-11-2012, 09:04 PM

Varejao an all star caliber Center? woah, He is a good defender, and a pesky type of guy but not even a top 10 center, Bogut would be huge but i think he is out till Mid April? At least thats what i read on my fantasy league

03-11-2012, 09:08 PM
well a few nyk fans told me the knicks have one of the best starting line ups AND benches in the nba.... so i don't see y not

shep33
03-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Knicks should start Baron, and let Lin run the 2nd unit. This way you can atleast minimize the time he spends on the court with both of Amare and Melo

VillaMaravilla
03-11-2012, 09:30 PM
I've seen stranger things before in the nba. We would probably just make the 8th spot and lose in the 1st round. Hopefully we actually win a game

for that I rather take my chances in the draft

naps
03-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Trade Melo and they start winning. Not gonna happen though.

justinnum1
03-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Trade Melo and they start winning. Not gonna happen though.

they dont even need to trade him, just bench him and they will start winning.

itsripcity32
03-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Trade everyone for expiring contracts and sign all the big free agents in 2015. They got Amare the first time right?? And that led to them being able to lure Melo,Chandler, J.R, and B Davis RIGHT??? Brilliant idea.

Gram
03-11-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think the Knicks will make it this year. If they do, they won't last long into the first round. I think their problem is that they have TOO much offensive firepower, guys that want to score.

blahblahyoutoo
03-11-2012, 11:03 PM
cavs and bucks 1 game back, soon to be .5 back.
this is going to be a fun race for 8th.

Chill_Will_24
03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
As of tonight they will be out. The play the Bulls which is a loss and MIL faces the Nets without Deron which is a win for the Bucks

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-13-2012, 06:25 AM
As of tonight they will be out. The play the Bulls which is a loss and MIL faces the Nets without Deron which is a win for the Bucks

you were right

LongIslandIcedZ
03-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Honestly, I have no clue. I am continuiung to hold out that a team with this kinda talent should be a top seed, let alone the 8 seed. But their playing worse than the Bobcats, so I just dont know at that point.

Kashmir13579
03-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Trade 'Melo and this all goes away.

2 days to get it done. :laugh2:

JayW_1023
03-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Somewhere Donnie goes "Smh" . They forced him out. They wanted to match the Heat in star power, and now they are paying for it.

Weezy
03-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm sure most of PSD is happy now Knicks been sucking. Say we are cursed, call Lin overrated.. keep trolling Oh well.. I will always be a Knicks fan and still believe we can turn it around.

justinnum1
03-13-2012, 10:40 AM

But yea, knicks have no chance tomorrow.

Also im changing 50/50 they make the playoffs, to 65/35 they miss

70/30

Kashmir13579
03-13-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm sure most of PSD is happy now Knicks been sucking. Say we are cursed, call Lin overrated.. keep trolling Oh well.. I will always be a Knicks fan and still believe we can turn it around.

What would life as a Knick fan be if not for the constant pain and agony?

Kashmir13579
03-13-2012, 10:42 AM
70/30

Nobody enjoys rubbing it in more than you.

justinnum1
03-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Nobody enjoys rubbing it in more than you.

i guess you missed the whole linsanity thing....

Weezy
03-13-2012, 10:48 AM
What would life as a Knick fan be if not for the constant pain and agony?

I could care less what others think.. what we know is we stay loyal not like other bandwagon fans who do nothing but talk bad about other teams.

I still have hope and Lin is still a good player. Even Lin said thank you to the overrated chants cause he didn't even know he was even rated?? :confused:

Its just typical NY hate because of the media. Apparently its the fan's fault also. Apparently its Lin's fault also for getting attention. Well you ****en people got it. We suck. Are you not ****en entertained?

Sinestro
03-13-2012, 10:51 AM
It'll be tough but someone has to get to Melos head when he's on the court the team lacks fluidity and they need to get rid of some scorers, Tyson looks like a one man defense out there

Kashmir13579
03-13-2012, 10:52 AM
i guess you missed the whole linsanity thing....
I clearly did not.

I could care less what others think.. what we know is we stay loyal not like other bandwagon fans who do nothing but talk bad about other teams.

I still have hope and Lin is still a good player. Even Lin said thank you to the overrated chants cause he didn't even know he was even rated?? :confused:

Its just typical NY hate because of the media. Apparently its the fan's fault also. Well you ****en people got it. We suck. Are you not ****en entertained?

LOL. I'm frustrated too right now bro. As if some Miami heat fan who joined in july 2010 can talk down to one of the best and loyal fanbases in the world. Thats a funny notion.

oak2455
03-13-2012, 10:55 AM
I clearly did not.

LOL. I'm frustrated too right now bro. As if some Miami heat fan who joined in july 2010 can talk down to one of the best and loyal fanbases in the world. Thats a funny notion.

this is what gets me and she talks so much crap:facepalm: seriously what a troll she is....

Kashmir13579
03-13-2012, 10:57 AM
this is what gets me and she talks so much crap:facepalm: seriously what a troll she is....

Don't let it get to you, bro.

oak2455
03-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Don't let it get to you, bro.

not at all I THINK SHE'S FUNNY!!!

DoMeFavors
03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Knicks should try to trade Landry Fields for a wing defender like Toney Allen or something, also trade one of Tyson, Amare, Melo.
This team isnt working.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-13-2012, 11:14 AM
If the Knicks would trade Carmelo for someone who can score and also defend that would be great for them..someone like Rudy Gay would be a good fit. Hell even Josh Smith can play the three so trade Melo to the Hawks for Smith. Jeremy Lin is still playing good basketball he just isnt getting 30 and 15 like he was in the beginning but 13 and 7 is still good compared to what toney douglas and iman shumpert were doing

justinnum1
03-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Knicks should try to trade Landry Fields for a wing defender like Toney Allen or something, also trade one of Tyson, Amare, Melo.
This team isnt working.

allen has a lot more value than fields

no one is taking amare's contract.

they have a ton of talent, they just dont play together as a team.

no question NY would have won that game last night and probably many others if they just gave some effort. Guys standing around, no one going after rebounds...knicks problems are a lot deeper than just the coach.

Its as if they just added guys based on there name and talent with no regard for how the pieces would fit?

Someone said it best the other day, these guys just want to play in NY. i seriously question whether they care if NY wins a title or not. Except tyson, he busts his *** and i got respect for him. But when your #1 and #2 players are making 40mil and wont even give effort on defense, its just pathetic, and sets the tone for the rest of the guys.

If mil blows there team up than maybe ny can sneak in.

Melo for iggy would be a good start.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-13-2012, 11:21 AM

no question NY would have won that game last night and probably many others if they just gave some effort. Guys standing around, no one going after rebounds...knicks problems are a lot deeper than just the coach.

Its as if they just added guys based on there name and talent with no regard for how the pieces would fit?

Someone said it best the other day, these guys just want to play in NY. i seriously question whether they care if NY wins a title or not. Except tyson, he busts his *** and i got respect for him. But when your #1 and #2 players are making 40mil and wont even give effort on defense, its just pathetic, and sets the tone for the rest of the guys.

Melo for Iggy is also a good move for New York but I still think they should go after Rudy Gay or Josh Smith

Da Knicks
03-13-2012, 11:24 AM
If missing the playoffs means no more D'antoni i would have to think hard about it. However the knicks just have too much talent to not figure it out and be a scary team in the playoffs. I also love all these new fans on psd who try and bait on knick fans, we will continue to be fans and msg will never go through what miami and new jersey does when they are not competing, you know what im talking about empty arena! New Jersey couldn't sell out when they where competing! lol The people that think that knick fans will become fans of the nets just dont know how loyal knick fans really are. 10 years yeah 10 years of bad basketball and we havent left get a freaking clue!

Knick fan till i die, and if basketball exists in heaven ill still be a knick fan. If i come back to earth as an animal be scared because i will attack any non knick fan!

Rockice_8
03-13-2012, 11:26 AM

Melo's value is so low right it's crazy. I mean teams are seeing his true colors now that he's got problems with the coach and other teammates. I mean would Philly even do that deal with the way Iggy is playing?

NY has problems but I doubt they can swallow their pride and dump a guy like Melo when they know the value couldn't be any lower. I think they made there bed and now they have to sleep in it. They need to hope a coaching change can turn this team around at least somewhat, at least at that point they may be able to get value like Iggy back if they decide to trade Melo.

This is one wild season if your a Knicks fan. It started with Chandler (who I still think was a good move) then you have those expectations that he might be the missing piece. They start off slow and people write them off, then Lin bursts on to the scene, and now Melo comes back and the sky is falling.

What an emotional roller coaster this season must be.

Kashmir13579
03-13-2012, 11:33 AM
This is one wild season if your a Knicks fan. It started with Chandler (who I still think was a good move) then you have those expectations that he might be the missing piece. They start off slow and people write them off, then Lin bursts on to the scene, and now Melo comes back and the sky is falling.

It's been a wild ride, man. No doubt about it.

DoMeFavors
03-13-2012, 11:34 AM
If missing the playoffs means no more D'antoni i would have to think hard about it. However the knicks just have too much talent to not figure it out and be a scary team in the playoffs. I also love all these new fans on psd who try and bait on knick fans, we will continue to be fans and msg will never go through what miami and new jersey does when they are not competing, you know what im talking about empty arena! New Jersey couldn't sell out when they where competing! lol The people that think that knick fans will become fans of the nets just dont know how loyal knick fans really are. 10 years yeah 10 years of bad basketball and we havent left get a freaking clue!

Knick fan till i die, and if basketball exists in heaven ill still be a knick fan. If i come back to earth as an animal be scared because i will attack any non knick fan!

Your acting like its tough to sell out an arena that is in the biggest city in America. If you were in Milwakuee or something it would be cool, but thats really not a big deal especially when half the people in the arena are wearing suits because their businesses got free tickets, or celebrities who will never watch a game on TV. Stop getting all excited about your fan base, you knick fans are obsessed with talking about that. The fact is the Knicks are terrible, nobody cares about fan bases its about championships.

justinnum1
03-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Melo's value is so low right it's crazy. I mean teams are seeing his true colors now that he's got problems with the coach and other teammates. I mean would Philly even do that deal with the way Iggy is playing?

NY has problems but I doubt they can swallow their pride and dump a guy like Melo when they know the value couldn't be any lower. I think they made there bed and now they have to sleep in it. They need to hope a coaching change can turn this team around at least somewhat, at least at that point they may be able to get value like Iggy back if they decide to trade Melo.

Good point, melo can only play his way, thats his biggest problem. Any team he would go to would struggle. He just cant play in any type of team oriented offensive system. Knicks fans talk about changing the coach, they need to start talking about trading melo. Im starting to wonder if they ever seen him play in denver, same with knicks front office...they need a new owner, not a new coach. And some effort on the players part couldn't hury

LongIslandIcedZ
03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Your acting like its tough to sell out an arena that is in the biggest city in America. If you were in Milwakuee or something it would be cool, but thats really not a big deal especially when half the people in the arena are wearing suits because their businesses got free tickets, or celebrities who will never watch a game on TV. Stop getting all excited about your fan base, you knick fans are obsessed with talking about that. The fact is the Knicks are terrible, nobody cares about fan bases its about championships.

Brooklyn is a really big city and really close to NYC. You think they will sell out every game even if they are struggling?

oak2455
03-13-2012, 11:40 AM

How bout them Mets? Big city ?

DoMeFavors
03-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Brooklyn is a really big city and really close to NYC. You think they will sell out every game even if they are struggling?

Knicks have been in NY for so many years, NY has never had another basketball team..so most basketball fans will cheer for their home town team. Nets will need to start to build a fan base. Also helps when the Garden is above Penn Station.

KingstonHawke
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Yes... cause let's face it, at the end of the day, it's the east. I told everyone they should've traded Lin as soon as Melo came back. A package including Lin, Fields, and picks might've got you Nash a few weeks ago.

oak2455
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM
wow just wow

justinnum1
03-14-2012, 01:46 AM
all kinds of problems for the knicks
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7684157/mike-dantoni-lost-new-york-knicks-locker-room-according-sources

"The players like Mike as a person," one source said. "They think he's a good guy. But he doesn't have the respect of the team anymore."

But the Knicks, losers of six straight games, still have 24 games left to get through this year, and according to numerous sources close to the team, the reeling club is as dysfunctional in the locker room as it is on the court.

In addition to questioning D'Antoni, players are complaining about playing time, and confused about the offensive and defensive schemes.

Management, the coaching staff and the players know Anthony is hurting the offense and in turn, the defensive morale, according to the sources. While D'Antoni's offense calls for Anthony to plant himself on the wing at the 3-point line, he often creeps in to his favorite spot in the floor -- the area between the elbow, the arc and the post. That kills the Knicks' ability to run the high pick-and-roll and ruins the spacing that is so critical to D'Antoni's offense.

"Half the team is trying to do what coach says and the other half is doing something different," one source said. "Then it spills over to the defensive end because players are (ticked) off about somebody taking a bad shot."

On top of that, Baron Davis, who just returned from a back injury, is unhappy with his limited role as Lin's backup. Davis, averaging just 17 minutes a game, has already spoken to D'Antoni about giving him more playing time, according to the sources. While Lin wants to run D'Antoni's system, Davis is more in line with running the offense through Anthony and Stoudemire, the sources said.

stawka
03-14-2012, 02:56 AM
Nothing against the Knicks as a franchise or their fans, but I'm glad Melo/STAT are struggling. Never been a fan of players who only participate on one side of the floor. Two guys that just want to fill up the stat sheet with points, I'm happy seeing this

Trade Melo for a used tampon, this team will perform much better