PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: McGee for Bogut

j-bay
03-10-2012, 01:25 PM
The Wizards have reached out to the Bucks about acquiring Bogut, ESPN's Marc Stein reports.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2747/andrew-bogut

McGee will be in the trade. The only ? what other pieces could be in a possible trade.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-10-2012, 01:26 PM
If Bogut can stay healthy, this is a great trade for Washington. Key word is if though.

j-bay
03-10-2012, 01:32 PM
If Bogut can stay healthy, this is a great trade for Washington. Key word is if though.

it would give john a possible star to have on his team. Bogut just has to stay healthy the wizards are getting a possible top 5 pick.

Reversed86Curse
03-10-2012, 01:36 PM
I pity any team that takes on McGee

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Thats just a player link. Latest dull rumor is Bogut and Jackson for Lewis and maybe a pick. Only thing that does is free up $9M out of $22.6M for Lewis waived next year. Since its only partial guaranteed. Bucks can probably get a better deal from the Rockets.

Lake_Show2416
03-10-2012, 01:37 PM
is there a real link? not just Boguts player profile on espn.com

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-10-2012, 01:40 PM
steal for the wizards.

wall with bogut would be a nice starting point for rebuilding.

j-bay
03-10-2012, 01:43 PM
is there a real link? not just Boguts player profile on espn.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/38570/bucks-bogut-no-longer-untouchable

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Sources say that the Washington Wizards are among the teams to express the strongest interest in Bogut, which might be another indication that the Wiz are prepared to part with the enigmatic JaVale McGee, if not before the deadline than during the offseason.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/38570/bucks-bogut-no-longer-untouchable

That was the first offer. But I bet Wizards wanted Blatche in the deal. Bucks want Jackson in the deal. So the latest is Bogut/Jackson for Lewis partial guaranteed contract for next year and unknown about the pick or not. All that is on the Bucks board confirming it more on the radio links.

j-bay
03-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Thats just a player link. Latest dull rumor is Bogut and Jackson for Lewis and maybe a pick. Only thing that does is free up $9M out of $22.6M for Lewis waived next year. Since its only partial guaranteed. Bucks can probably get a better deal from the Rockets.

key word in bold. we don't know if the rockets are interested.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Then there's more rumors of the old one coming back where Magic want Bucks Bogut "if" Howard is moved.

j-bay
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM
I think the bucks might actually make a trade with the wizards here. they are 2 games back behind NY for the 8th seed. Bogut is not doing anything. McGee is AVG 11.5 ppg. It just makes since for the bucks. Meanwhile the wizards get a great center IF healthy. He is a risk, but a great player.

j-bay
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Then there's more rumors of the old one coming back where Magic want Bucks Bogut "if" Howard is moved.

you just don't want mcgee i saw the bucks forum and how nervous you were.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-10-2012, 01:52 PM
key word in bold. we don't know if the rockets are interested.Wizards are bad trading partners anyway for the Bucks. If no picks at all. Then if its Lewis the deal is a low-ball offer desperation salary dump. Bucks could get Martin easily from Rockets and team option players like Flynn and Thabeet to fill the salaries of Jackson. That way Bucks still in a win now move like they always are. Waiting to shave a little cap next year isn't much of a incentive for the Bucks right now waiving Lewis . Yeah were not playing Jackson and Bogut is out with a injury. Bucks don't want low IQ high priced Blatche when we have a similar player in Gooden. Doubt Bucks take McGee unless Crawford is in the deal.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-10-2012, 01:55 PM
key word in bold. we don't know if the rockets are interested.Its been know since last year Rockets wanted Bogut. Its in two links in the Bucks board. Our source mentions a example cause he doesn't know the exact pieces but throwing it out there of Bogut for Martin and either Patterson or a pick.

j-bay
03-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Wizards are bad trading partners anyway for the Bucks. If no picks at all. Then if its Lewis the deal is a low-ball offer desperation salary dump. Bucks could get Martin easily from Rockets and team option players like Flynn and Thabeet to fill the salaries of Jackson. That way Bucks still in a win now move like they always are. Waiting to shave a little cap next year isn't much of a incentive for the Bucks right now waiving Lewis . Yeah were not playing Jackson and Bogut is out with a injury. Bucks don't want low IQ high priced Blatche when we have a similar player in Gooden. Doubt Bucks take McGee unless Crawford is in the deal.

I know it might seem bad but do you want to make the playoffs. Also Lewis is actually pretty decent. The only reason he is not doing as good as he is suppose to is 1. John Wall is the star, and 2. a guy named Andre Blatche is a ball hog every game.

Lake_Show2416
03-10-2012, 01:58 PM
an incredible athletic dummy that cant get it together on the count for some1 that cant stay on the count but if Bogut can stay healthy obviously it would be a steal for the Wiz & Wall

Donk'E'Dic
03-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Can Bogut even stay healthy enough that Washington actually gets a return on their investment?

tyfreaks brotha
03-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Wizards steal this as long as Bogut can remain healthy in Washington

wizardsfan3
03-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I would hate to see McGee go, one of my favorite players on the Wiz even though he's bone headed, but Bogut is a great center when healthy. I hope if this trade goes down that Blatche, or Lewis is in it as well.

DR_1
03-10-2012, 03:38 PM
McGee+1st for Bogut seems fair to both sides IMO

Iodine
03-10-2012, 03:54 PM
SJax and McGee on the same team? HELL YES :laugh2:

Iodine
03-10-2012, 03:55 PM
McGee+1st for Bogut seems fair to both sides IMO

No way in hell should the Wizards trade either this years or next years first for Bogut, who I love

The_Jamal
03-10-2012, 04:05 PM
What a brilliant deal for Washington if it's straight up. McGee is a complete headcase and they'd be getting by far the better player in Bogut

Iron24th
03-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Bogut is injury prone.

ManRam
03-10-2012, 04:23 PM
McGee has gone from overrated to underrated over the span of a season. He's had some really awful moments this season, but he's still tremendously lengthy, and a tremendous defense. Get a coach who can harness his focus and emotion the right way, and he'll be a very good NBA player.

Not sure how I feel about this. At beast it's a lateral move. Washington wouldn't ever include their first rounder in this trade either. That's foolish.

spreadeagle
03-10-2012, 05:17 PM
ive heard the term "if he can stay healthy" more on this thread then anyone I can remember lol, hes never healthy ppl

WeaponXXX
03-10-2012, 05:48 PM
McGee is probably one of the most entertaining player in the nba with the stuff he does on the court. The Shaqtin a foul MVP award goes to him followed by Core Magette

Raph12
03-10-2012, 05:58 PM
A healthy Bogut and a Top 5 pick in a leaded draft will be very good for the Wizards' future.

fadedmario
03-10-2012, 06:15 PM
McGee has gone from overrated to underrated over the span of a season. He's had some really awful moments this season, but he's still tremendously lengthy, and a tremendous defense. Get a coach who can harness his focus and emotion the right way, and he'll be a very good NBA player.

Not sure how I feel about this. At beast it's a lateral move. Washington wouldn't ever include their first rounder in this trade either. That's foolish.

Yup. I agree.

mgsports
03-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Lewis/Blatche/Clark/Smith/2.5mil to Bucks,Jackson/McGee/ilyasova to Magic and Bogut/Redick/Orton to Wizards?

stawka
03-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Poor Bogut. From one shithole of a team to another

Iodine
03-10-2012, 06:32 PM

What coach do you see honestly getting to him? The longer he is in the league the harder it would be. Skiles isnt that coach, like 9/10 of his players hatehatehate him

BULLSFAN0810
03-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I pity any team that takes on McGee

+1..but if he can put it together,he'll be decent

BULLSFAN0810
03-10-2012, 06:33 PM
poor bogut. From one shithole of a team to another

+1

xbrackattackx
03-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Wiz are targeting a big guy in the draft making room for him to play. They know bogut will play thirty games and not effect the playing time of the rookie. Thats my guess.

mgsports
03-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Warriors are after Bogut http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/03/warriors-making-a-play-for-andrew-bogut.html

kenzo400
03-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Wiz are targeting a big guy in the draft making room for him to play. They know bogut will play thirty games and not effect the playing time of the rookie. Thats my guess.

What if he's healthy. Plus he has three years left on his contract. McGee is a free agent this year. Why wouldn't they just wait for his contract to run out if this is their plan?

xbrackattackx
03-10-2012, 06:52 PM
What if he's healthy. Plus he has three years left on his contract. McGee is a free agent this year. Why wouldn't they just wait for his contract to run out if this is their plan?

Because if the rookie is a bust, bogut is a top 5 center in the league whenever healthy plus they wanna try and get picks most likely to draft other positional needs and lose blatche ,young or Crawford. Wall,Bogut and some picks from a deep draft is a nice start.

Mcdoh
03-10-2012, 06:57 PM
good trade for the wiz.. as long as he can stay healthy thou

kenzo400
03-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Because if the rookie is a bust, bogut is a top 5 center in the league whenever healthy plus they wanna try and get picks most likely to draft other positional needs and lose blatche ,young or Crawford. Wall,Bogut and some picks from a deep draft is a nice start.

So they are going to pay Bogut over 25 million dollars to be there "in case" the rookie is a bust? Also, i don't think anyone thinks that Drummond or Anthony Davis will be busts. Plus what if they don't get either of the top two picks?

I'm sorry but this theory sound absolutely ridiculous. It's not like Wizards are a contending team. I doubt the owner would want to pay 30 million dollars for insurance purposes. Plus what insurance is that, so Bogut can give them 4-5 more wins and they end with a worse draft pick next year?

hugofor3points
03-11-2012, 11:43 AM
McGee plus Young and 2nd round pick is good enough

Redskins10
03-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Please, please, please make this trade.

mgsports
03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
To many Players who be Trade are getting injured like Calderon and so on that could make this Trade happen.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Warriors making a bigger push for Bogut. Most rumors of Bogut trade is a young close all star PG in return. Points mainly to Warriors Curry.

KnicksorBust
03-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Bogut is a much more complete player. Unless the Bucks are sure he will never stay healthy I don't even consider it.

Sadds The Gr8
03-11-2012, 01:38 PM
lateral move...