PDA

View Full Version : Jose Canseco thinks he can give jose bautista the protection he needs!

adid727
03-10-2012, 05:38 AM
Jose Canseco plans to "mount" a comeback. Yes THAT Jose Canseco

And you're still able to hit the ball the way you did before?

In 1998 when I was with the Blue Jays I was not on steroids and I hit 46 home runs. I want to prove that steroids are completely overrated. Steroids can't make you a superstar player. It doesn't give you bat speed, hand-eye co-ordination. All these players not getting into the Hall of Fame because they used steroids, that's bull.

Would you like to come back to play in Toronto?

I would love to play in Toronto. I would play for free. Tell (Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos) I’ll play for free. I know that ballpark really well, and I hit that ball some long distances there. That was a great city to play in. I could give Bautista some protection in the order.

:facepalm: How come half-dead players with bad history are the only ones who want to play for toronto. I remember barry bonds, Manny Ramírez, and now Jose Canseco. Whats next? Mark mcgwire?

full interview:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/article/1144219--jose-canseco-q-a-ex-blue-jay-says-he-d-play-in-toronto-for-free

the_jon
03-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Only if he can beat Hong Man Choi in a rematch

AA09-?
03-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Only if he can beat Hong Man Choi in a rematch

This.

Canadian hemi
03-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Now that is funny!!

LuckyLuke2
03-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Lolol.

KingCanada
03-10-2012, 01:42 PM
He will work for free that is right in rogers price range:)

wagnall
03-10-2012, 04:36 PM
:crazy: He'd have to pay us to play here.......

es0terik
03-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Hell, I'll take him for free if he'll play in Double A.

2009mvp
03-11-2012, 09:52 PM
The funniest part was him saying he wasn't on steroids when he was with the Jays.

StealingSigns
03-11-2012, 10:55 PM
The funniest part was him saying he wasn't on steroids when he was with the Jays.

What he meant to say, according to his attorney, is that he wasn't getting other players to inject him, hence he wasn't on steroids because no one else could write a book about it...

scaramantula
03-12-2012, 12:43 AM
i would at least give him an invite to spring training, get some people interested in the jays going in to the season.

and who knows maybe he has something left. lol

bootleg42
03-12-2012, 01:41 AM
I bet you all he blasts 40 HRs. If it's free, why not??? It would be a spring training draw for sure. Good business says let him try.

StealingSigns
03-12-2012, 01:53 AM
he is 48 f***ing years old?

boilerguy2412
03-12-2012, 08:19 AM
I would love for a team to give him a try. I bet he could produce something

AA09-?
03-12-2012, 08:51 AM
i would at least give him an invite to spring training, get some people interested in the jays going in to the season.

:facepalm:

AA09-?
03-12-2012, 08:51 AM
I would love for a team to give him a try. I bet he could produce something

I hope you're reffering to a positive drug test.

boilerguy2412
03-12-2012, 11:14 AM
He always had good bad speed. It would just be cool to see him back i grew up watching guys like him play. Do i think he would be a productive mlb player, no, but i don't think there is a person on psd that wouldn't watch Jose in a return to Bigs.

Rapsjaysleafs
03-12-2012, 12:15 PM
The only reason any of these old players are suggesting Toronto is because they think the jays are bad enough to actually give them a roster place.

wamco
03-12-2012, 12:30 PM
i'd prefer he keep doing those boxing matches, they are enterttaining as hell

FlakeyFool
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

scaramantula
03-12-2012, 01:40 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

what could it possibly hurt for him to take a few at bats during spring training

btw people facepalm is not an actual response

2009mvp
03-12-2012, 01:47 PM
^^It would be incredibly embarrassing for the organization. This isn't Manny, this isn't Bonds. This is a sideshow, a clown, a guy who's despised within the game and who hasn't taken a big league AB in over a decade. I'm legitimately shocked anyone thinks this would be a good idea.

The_Jet11
03-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Canseco PROTECT Bautista?

If he were at least a half decent fighter, I'd have considered him as a potential Body Guard for Jose.

Write another book buddy...

adid727
03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Canseco PROTECT Bautista?

If he were at least a half decent fighter, I'd have considered him as a potential Body Guard for Jose.

Write another book buddy...

lol :D I can't believe people think he will produce at 48. If i were lind, i would be insulted by his remark "protect bautista".

Nica
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure the Jays are looking to bring in a 48 year old low-life has been cum Foxy Boxer reality " star" but my mixed league senior slow pitch team could use a new rover. Our regular rover just had a baby and she's too busy with the new born to play this year. I'll see if I can convince some of the other middle aged
weekend warriors that you have a little " juice" left in the tank !:rolleyes:

wamco
03-12-2012, 06:34 PM
what could it possibly hurt for him to take a few at bats during spring training

btw people facepalm is not an actual response

pretty telling if you think canseco is even worth considering. That's what the facepalm was saying.

jaysrocksox
03-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't care what anyone says. This guy would give Matt Stairs a run for ultimate slo-pitch hitter. With Stairs only having the edge because I am certain he could pound more beer than Canseco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qydj5zyUspc

he can play on my team, we don't test. That ding you hear at 12 seconds is it landing on top of the building.

H-MYK
03-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Canseco should just hang them up

scaramantula
03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
pretty telling if you think canseco is even worth considering. That's what the facepalm was saying.

pretty sure baseball is a game, (correct me if im wrong) but is the point of a game not fun?

and giving him a few meaningless at bats would not hurt anyone. it would make the most boring games of baseball slightly more watchable, players that will never even be considered for a major league team play in these games every year. who cares if hes a side show, id rather watch him bat then half the guys we throw out there, at least with him were not going to get anyones hopes up, he knows hes not going to make the team unlike half these kids in spring training who don't even get a consideration

bljay29
03-12-2012, 09:18 PM
pretty sure baseball is a game, (correct me if im wrong) but is the point of a game not fun?

and giving him a few meaningless at bats would not hurt anyone. it would make the most boring games of baseball slightly more watchable, players that will never even be considered for a major league team play in these games every year. who cares if hes a side show, id rather watch him bat then half the guys we throw out there, at least with him were not going to get anyones hopes up, he knows hes not going to make the team unlike half these kids in spring training who don't even get a consideration

There is a ton of reasons NOT to bring the "freak show" to Toronto..

1) his age
2) the fact he is a clubhouse rat it could wreck the chemistry of the club
3) the at bats you speak of are better off to go to the young guys so they can get experience
4) all the steroid talk would get so freaking boring not to mention the accusations and jokes
5) this should be enough right here, its Jose "sideshow bob" Canseco

wamco
03-12-2012, 10:18 PM
:QUOTE=scaramantula;21306414]pretty sure baseball is a game, (correct me if im wrong) but is the point of a game not fun?

and giving him a few meaningless at bats would not hurt anyone. it would make the most boring games of baseball slightly more watchable, players that will never even be considered for a major league team play in these games every year. who cares if hes a side show, id rather watch him bat then half the guys we throw out there, at least with him were not going to get anyones hopes up, he knows hes not going to make the team unlike half these kids in spring training who don't even get a consideration[/QUOTE]

StealingSigns
03-12-2012, 10:36 PM
This has gone 3 pages???

Some here are still actually making an argument to bring him here?

Really fighting the urge to change the title of the thread to "Jose Canseco thinks he can give jose bautista the injection he needs!"

scaramantula
03-12-2012, 10:41 PM
There is a ton of reasons NOT to bring the "freak show" to Toronto..

1) his age
2) the fact he is a clubhouse rat it could wreck the chemistry of the club
3) the at bats you speak of are better off to go to the young guys so they can get experience
4) all the steroid talk would get so freaking boring not to mention the accusations and jokes
5) this should be enough right here, its Jose "sideshow bob" Canseco

Can you people even read, i never said toronto i said spring training, which itself is a total joke for the first half anyway

StealingSigns
03-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Can you people even read, i never said toronto i said spring training, which itself is a total joke for the first half anyway

An invite to spring training still equates to "Cirque de lo Jays" starring Jose Canseco. **** that. The fact we are even talking about him still in this forum infuriates me. Do you honestly think a rat like that is going to be well received in the clubhouse, even if it is "only" Spring Training? I guess I am failing to see the value in it.

scaramantula
03-12-2012, 11:19 PM
An invite to spring training still equates to "Cirque de lo Jays" starring Jose Canseco. **** that. The fact we are even talking about him still in this forum infuriates me. Do you honestly think a rat like that is going to be well received in the clubhouse, even if it is "only" Spring Training? I guess I am failing to see the value in it.

Entertainment plain and simple, Jose Canseco is entertaining

StealingSigns
03-12-2012, 11:23 PM

At boxing. Yes he is. At baseball, not so much.

MVP1
03-12-2012, 11:26 PM
All the roids when to his head and destroyed his brain.

StealingSigns
03-12-2012, 11:37 PM
All the roids when to his head and destroyed his brain.

The boxing merely finished off the job. :eyebrow:

Raps08-09 Champ
03-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Bautista can give him some 'skills'.

AA09-?
03-13-2012, 09:26 AM

AA09-?
03-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Go watch some re-runs of reality tv then....:facepalm: