PDA

View Full Version : Brian Scalabrine: Noah is maybe the best center in the NBA

sunsfan88
03-10-2012, 02:46 AM
He's also added that "Obviously, he's great with offensive rebounds, he's really active to the basketball," Scalabrine said. "And over time, you see how he plays harder [than others] every minute out there, and it's not hard for him to raise his level against big-time opponents. For a big, that's huge. "He's a much better basketball player than what people think. Making decisions. Dribbling. Handoffs. Passing. He's really good at those things,maybe the best center in the NBA. You don't understand. He's a 7-footer who can defend Dwight Howard. But he can take the ball in the open court and find a guy and know to pass it in the corner. You guys watch from the stands and that stuff looks easy -- it's not. It's hard. Usually the guys making those plays are elite guards." -Nba.com

Sadds The Gr8
03-10-2012, 02:50 AM
didn't Dwight Howard just **** on his chest yesterday?

abe_froman
03-10-2012, 02:52 AM
no,but its nice of him to say anyways.part of being a good teammate is to think/say things like that about your guys

BULLSFAN0810
03-10-2012, 02:57 AM
-Nba.com

He's also added that "Obviously, he's great with offensive rebounds, he's really active to the basketball," Scalabrine said. "And over time, you see how he plays harder [than others] every minute out there, and it's not hard for him to raise his level against big-time opponents. For a big, that's huge. "He's a much better basketball player than what people think. Making decisions. Dribbling. Handoffs. Passing. He's really good at those things,maybe the best center in the NBA. You don't understand. He's a 7-footer who can defend Dwight Howard. But he can take the ball in the open court and find a guy and know to pass it in the corner. You guys watch from the stands and that stuff looks easy -- it's not. It's hard. Usually the guys making those plays are elite guards."

+1..PPl dont see Noahs real skill.Scal is a future coach...With Noahs ugly release,he is a high energy guy,that can pass,and hit the glass..i was aware of Noahs skill while at Florida,vs Villanova he was the reason they won,he and Horford;they broke Villanova Full court press;And Villanovas press was hardcore that year.....SKILL...SKILL...SKILL

Raph12
03-10-2012, 03:00 AM
No big deal, he's just complimenting his teammate, nice to see him stick up for his buddy... If he was serious, well then it just goes to show how little players know about analyzing other players.

Baller1
03-10-2012, 03:02 AM
No big deal, he's just complimenting his teammate, nice to see him stick up for his buddy... If he was serious, well then it just goes to show how little players know about analyzing other players.

Yeah, pretty much this.

BULLSFAN0810
03-10-2012, 03:07 AM

a compliment but its true...As much as i like Noah..hes no Shaq or Howard but he is no push over either...if there is 32 teams out there, there are maybe 3-4 teams ok with their Center. You cant tell me a team needing a center will pass on Noah,or a team wanting a big would actually pass on NOAH?

Howard
Bynum
Bogut
Noah
Gasol

*Silver&Black*
03-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Obviously Scalabrine knows greatness. That is why he warms the seats for them.

*Silver&Black*
03-10-2012, 03:10 AM
a compliment but its true...As much as i like Noah..hes no Shaq or Howard but he is no push over either...if there is 32 teams out there, there are maybe 3-4 teams ok with their Center. You cant tell me a team needing a center will pass on Noah,or a team wanting a big would actually pass on NOAH?

Howard
Bynum
Bogut
Noah
Gasol

People can dismiss Horford as a Center, but he has done his damage there and picked up the label "NBA All-star center". For that, I am 100% fine with Horford.

PurpleJesus
03-10-2012, 03:13 AM
Noah is a very nice player, and I may be in the minority here, but I would much rather have Dwight Howard.

Sinestro
03-10-2012, 03:17 AM
Scalabrine has spoken....so it must be true

heyman321
03-10-2012, 03:18 AM
Who dares question him? May that person be banished from PSD!

Ovratd1up
03-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Raph, it's needless to say that this statement is, well, wrong. But what Scalabrine describes of Noah is what I tried to convince you of, and he's serious about that much. Pay attention to what he actually says and not just the shock bit.

sunsfan88
03-10-2012, 03:23 AM

Howard
Bynum
Bogut
Noah
Gasol

Bogut doesn't even play anymore he just gets injured the second he gets on the court, can't count him when talking about top centers.

I wouldn't put Noah ahead of Gortat but then again maybe I'm biased.

Hawkize31
03-10-2012, 03:26 AM
Oh good, the Bulls homerism extends to their players as well as their fans.

Ovratd1up
03-10-2012, 03:28 AM

Thank you for counteracting this trend with a solid argument and positive contributions.

BULLSFAN0810
03-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Bogut doesn't even play anymore he just gets injured the second he gets on the court, can't count him when talking about top centers.

I wouldn't put Noah ahead of Gortat but then again maybe I'm biased.

Bogut when healthy, is very formidable cant deny that...And if Gortat is better than Noah;he should start on the Suns.Lord, knows the need a rebounder,and high energy.......(SARCASM) i cant really debate you on the Gortat>Noah debate. I just feel Noah has skills more useful in todays game compared to Gortat imo.

Raph12
03-10-2012, 03:50 AM
Raph, it's needless to say that this statement is, well, wrong. But what Scalabrine describes of Noah is what I tried to convince you of, and he's serious about that much. Pay attention to what he actually says and not just the shock bit.

You see, I read this and I start to think "maybe I should watch more Bulls games before I say 'he's overrated'"... Then I read this post (see below);

Howard
Bynum
Bogut
Noah
Gasol

Putting Noah ahead of guys like Big Al, Monroe, MGasol, Cousins and Hibbert is overrating him. I'd even argue that guys like BLopez, Gortat, Chandler and possibly Pekovic would get the nod over Noah. He's a good rebounder and a good help defender, but his offensive game needs a lot of work and his 1v1 defense needs a lot of work as well.

Posts like this only make me believe that too many people overrate him, maybe I underrate him slightly, but he's definitely not top 5 in my book.

Master Mind
03-10-2012, 03:53 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

kozelkid
03-10-2012, 04:05 AM

I thought the same thing as far as bandwagon heat fans and the teams Lebron roots for go.

ThunderousDemon
03-10-2012, 04:10 AM
The GOAT has spoken. :worthy:

THE GIPPER
03-10-2012, 04:15 AM
This is a good example of why players opinions of each other should be taken with a grain of salt.

gotoHcarolina52
03-10-2012, 04:19 AM

The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign recently conducted a study that found that Chicago's drinking water is laced with a little-known toxin that induces an extreme form of Homerism as well as a complete inability to elect ethical people to political office. I'm dead serious. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6xC8KM-jk&t=0m10s) are their results.

shizzle09
03-10-2012, 04:19 AM
GTFO! Ok Brian. He has "Zero" offensive game. Best Center? Maybe center that hustles the most but get real.

NoahH
03-10-2012, 05:06 AM
White Mamba!

HrtHustleNMscle
03-10-2012, 05:16 AM
People can dismiss Horford as a Center, but he has done his damage there and picked up the label "NBA All-star center". For that, I am 100% fine with Horford.

When was the last time he helped his team past the 2nd round? It's not like he has chumps around him either, ATL should be better than they are.

sunsfan88
03-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Bogut when healthy, is very formidable cant deny that...And if Gortat is better than Noah;he should start on the Suns.Lord, knows the need a rebounder,and high energy.......(SARCASM) i cant really debate you on the Gortat>Noah debate. I just feel Noah has skills more useful in todays game compared to Gortat imo.

Yea but Bogut is never healthy. I can sit here and say Greg Oden would be a really good center when healthy but I wont cause its common sense that a player who misses that much time and is that fragile cannot be a top player at their position.

And yes Gortat does start on the Suns...

Ebbs
03-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Ewwe I'm sorry I'm not even going to pretend he's I'm my top 5.

bagwell368
03-10-2012, 07:22 AM
I like Noah more then most probably, but #1? I think Scalabrine got used to Kendrick Perkins as his idea of a "good" center. Sadly for OKC Perkins is a vastly overpaid and overvhyped defensive player that has offensive moves that wouldn't work in some High School leagues.

jp611
03-10-2012, 08:16 AM
No hes not Brian

Bulls_fan90
03-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Where in the quote does he say Noah is the best center in the NBA? Try posting the actual link so people can read the article.

BcEuAbRsS
03-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Woah! If Scal said it then is HAS to be true! He typically has angles speak for him, so this is factual.

daricoliver
03-10-2012, 09:27 AM
"He's a much better basketball player than what people think. Making decisions. Dribbling. Handoffs. Passing. He's really good at ""those"" things,maybe the best center in the NBA.

Try reading the quote in context. He is possibly the best center at those things: Dribbling, handoffs, passing. That is what Scal was talking about and he is spot dead on with those comments. Its called reading comprehension 101.

h2r09
03-10-2012, 09:42 AM
hes a good center, but nothing special as a player, the guy has no offensive game

Ladies Man
03-10-2012, 09:50 AM
I think Dwight is the best now but everything Scal said is true. It pumps me up everytime when I see Noah come out of no where and grab the offensive board. If he can develop a nice hook shot around the basket he would be the second best center in the league.

jp611
03-10-2012, 09:53 AM
hes a good center, but nothing special as a player, the guy has no offensive game

He does though, he cleans up the glass and has a lot of putbacks, great passer, can run the court better than any big man, and pulls down tons of offensive boards giving the bulls 2nd chances... Just because he's not your typical back to the basket player doesn't mean he has no offensive game... Plus he's like the 5th option on the team

Jamiecballer
03-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Hey let's all pretend that he said he was the best center in the NBA and crack wise about it!!!

FriedTofuz
03-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Its his opinion, let him say what he wants. He soupported his opinion but we all know, hes just fueling confidence in his teamate. Can you blame him? We all know howard is the best center regardless

justinnum1
03-10-2012, 10:41 AM

:laugh2:

Cal827
03-10-2012, 10:45 AM
The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign recently conducted a study that found that Chicago's drinking water is laced with a little-known toxin that induces an extreme form of Homerism as well as a complete inability to elect ethical people to political office. I'm dead serious. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6xC8KM-jk&t=0m10s) are their results.

:laugh:..:laugh:

BKLYNpigeon
03-10-2012, 10:53 AM
white boys like to get high.

SeoulBeatz
03-10-2012, 10:54 AM
He's not the best C, but he's certainly one of the best. And despite his hideous looks, he's a player you'd be foolish to not want on your team.

dee279
03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Well Noah been working on his post moves with Scalabrine and Scal been showing him how to shoot better and Noah will soon add a 3 pt game to his arsenal of greatness that Scalabrine is giving to Noah. Scalabrine must be passing the torch to Noah.

Blitzbolt
03-10-2012, 12:35 PM
I think Noah is in that anderson varejao Level and not in the D12/Marc Gasol/Bynum level.

Young2Kinsler
03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Scal's opinion is as good as his playing ability...dick

Kay-Gee
03-10-2012, 12:53 PM
With all his time on the bench he must be a good talent evaluator :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
03-10-2012, 01:02 PM
perfect example of why nobody should care what players opinions of others are when trying to evaluate or rank them.

jp611
03-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Also a perfect example of being unable to read

dtmagnet
03-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Well Noah been working on his post moves with Scalabrine and Scal been showing him how to shoot better and Noah will soon add a 3 pt game to his arsenal of greatness that Scalabrine is giving to Noah. Scalabrine must be passing the torch to Noah.

lmao best post of this thread.

chicago lulz
03-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh lawd, the assumptions that people came to from lack of reading comprehension kills me. I think you all need to re-read the quote.

Although it's no surprise that the NBA forum would ignore quotes to insult a team.

MickeyMgl
03-10-2012, 01:58 PM
I won't go as far as agreeing with him, but I will say that Noah is vastly underrated.

kobebabe
03-10-2012, 02:20 PM
No problem with complimenting your team-mate! I would do the same .....
Plus he is decent; not great but decent

HrtHustleNMscle
03-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I thought the same thing as far as bandwagon heat fans and the teams Lebron roots for go.

agreed, I hate when people say **** like that. Maybe our homerism runs so deep because we actually grew up rooting for our team and didn't just become fans 2 years ago.

HrtHustleNMscle
03-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Oh lawd, the assumptions that people came to from lack of reading comprehension kills me. I think you all need to re-read the quote.

Although it's no surprise that the NBA forum would ignore quotes to insult a team.

Especially if it's the Bulls or D Rose, then everyone goes into attack mode. I think if the knuckleheads who are talking the most **** on Bulls fans right now actually asked some of us to see if we feel that way I'm guessing 99% would say no he isn't the best Center in the league, but he's damn good at what we ask him to do (Rebound, pass, play D, put backs) and we are happy with him. Not to mention, he can actually make free throws. Noah does a lot of things better than most Centers in this league, but no he is not the best by any means.

ManRam
03-10-2012, 03:14 PM
This is why players shouldn't vote for MVP...

However, who cares? It's his teammate...so be it. Everyone knows he's wrong, probably including himself. Whatever...

bodupp311
03-10-2012, 03:27 PM
This is also why people who can't read probably should stay away from forming an opinion and posting it in a forum.

Tom TippinHoe's
03-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Scal knows talent and I bet after his 15 years+ of being a player he will become a coach. Noah is starting to hit the open jumper, grabs tons of offensive boards, has a good left hook, runs the floor, and has great court vision. So I would say he's got a decent offensive game. Best center no, but top 5 in my opinion.

nickdymez
03-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Noah is a very nice player, and I may be in the minority here, but I would much rather have Dwight Howard.

Yes you are

chicago lulz
03-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Bulls fans need to stop getting so butthurt in these bait threads all the time. You're being trolled, isn't it obvious?

Just laugh it off and say "Haha, our team has the best record in the league and yours doesn't". Most of the people trolling you are fans of $&**y teams any way.

I'm just butthurt that the school system has failed some of us.

BULLSFAN0810
03-10-2012, 04:52 PM
You see, I read this and I start to think "maybe I should watch more Bulls games before I say 'he's overrated'"... Then I read this post (see below);

Putting Noah ahead of guys like Big Al, Monroe, MGasol, Cousins and Hibbert is overrating him. I'd even argue that guys like BLopez, Gortat, Chandler and possibly Pekovic would get the nod over Noah. He's a good rebounder and a good help defender, but his offensive game needs a lot of work and his 1v1 defense needs a lot of work as well.

Posts like this only make me believe that too many people overrate him, maybe I underrate him slightly, but he's definitely not top 5 in my book.

im not over rating him..what im saying is Noah is a winner. Sometimes skilldont transferr as we like to see them but other lesser respected skills can put certain "skilless player" over more skilled players. Im not saying Noah is the best or can stop Howard,but Greg Monroe?!!,Id go Lopez ,but he has no motor,not like NOAHs..Gortat...Asik, is equal to Gortat...Gortat is good but isnt as good of a rebounder and like priopr MOTOR isnt like Noah...Pekovic?!! Cmon?!! And to say Noahs 1v1 defense isnt good is bc he iMO is a PF/C. he has issue with elite player at same position,but those not he outplays or is on par...i think ppl underated Noah...Name a c that can dribble like Noah. Name a center that can pass like Noah? Name a center with heart and a motor like Noah? Skill wise ,yes Noah is not up to par but he outshines others in alot of othe r intangbles. RESPECT NOAH!

Rndy
03-10-2012, 05:48 PM
I'd still take

Howard
Gasol
Bynum
Jefferson
and Monroe if this how he continues to play the rest of his career.

Over him but thats it. Rest of the centers get highly overrated on these forums. Problem with these forums is everyone underrates the Bulls players because there are so many Bulls fans on these forums and they like to just shove every player down peoples throats like Knicks fans.

BULLSFAN0810
03-10-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd still take

Howard
Gasol
Bynum
Jefferson
and Monroe if this how he continues to play the rest of his career.

Over him but thats it. Rest of the centers get highly overrated on these forums. Problem with these forums is everyone underrates the Bulls players because there are so many Bulls fans on these forums and they like to just shove every player down peoples throats like Knicks fans.

so thats why you go a player who hasnt proven what he can do over a seaon in Monroe over Noah? a player given ample time on a bad team and has barely did anything? Jefferson,is debateable,but id go with Noah. As good a jeffersons O is he isnt a great player nor is he real game changer. He cant run like Noah...hell, he cant pass..Jefferson is called the black hole..so as good of a O player Jefferson is his skill set being good,his basketball IQ is HELLA LOW! Dont get me wrong i like Jeffy but theres a reason why he was on a bad team and traded to another bad team. Monroe?!!?!? tell him to put in more work before you slap him on the list...you forgot Bogut

PhlyHighPhilly
03-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Scalabrine is actually the best center in the NBA.
He just chooses to not play center in order to keep the games fair.

Blitzbolt
03-10-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm gonna keep it real and say that Noah sucks he is just at the right team at the right time.But this is just my opinion I'm sure others like Scalabrine view him differently.

mekedubs
03-10-2012, 06:48 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Wait...wait...wait:laugh2::laugh2:Stop it Scalabrine, man your killing me:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

jp611
03-10-2012, 06:51 PM
What I take away from this thread is that the NBA forum is full of people who can't read, and I'm not surprised by that either

BULLSFAN0810
03-10-2012, 07:06 PM
What I take away from this thread is that the NBA forum is full of people who can't read, and I'm not surprised by that either

+1...i was starting to think my bad typing and grammar was killing this place.

kArSoN RyDaH
03-10-2012, 11:26 PM

Really? How long did it take for you to figure that out?

chitownbulls
03-10-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't understand how some of you think its a joke that Noah is a top center in the league..sure he doesn't score but that isn't the only part of playing the position

I garuntee Noah is one of the best passing centers in the league, if not the best, top 4/5 rebounders, and best offensive rebounders. And is a top 5 defensive center. He always gets the Bulls second chance points, put backs, plays top notch defense. What more could you want?

Ok he doesnt get 15 ppg, but he does so much more. I'm sure with all his O-rebounds, he is worth way more to the Bulls with that alone, not to mention he is one of our key players in breaking the halfcourt press. Having him on the court is a blessing for the Bulls, and IMO he is a "hidden" game changer. Not many can see it unless if you observe what he does without the flashy statistics. I say top 5 easily

redwhitenblue
03-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Wow, quite a bit of slamming on Noah. I'd agree with the earlier post saying he's easily a top 5 center in the NBA right now, unless you're completely ignoring defense and ball-handling/passing. Howard's clearly #1 with Bynum and Monroe 2 and 3 IMO behind him, but then there's a group of Gortat, Noah, Hibbert and Gasol (Horford when he's healthy). In that group both Hibbert and Gasol leave a lot to be desired on the defensive end, hell Hibbert can barely stay in games with foul trouble in many games. Gortat doesn't handle the ball nearly as well as Noah. (And Scal's quote is clearly speaking of the ball-handling and passing as Noah being 'maybe the best in the NBA').

I hated when they drafted Noah, I never thought he'd be worth it but he's improved steadily and is now improving on his 15 foot jump shot as well. Those acting like he's an average NBA center are kidding themselves (and any Heat fan saying Noah has no offensive game should worry about Joel Anthony's fantastic hands first).

Raph12
03-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Really? How long did it take for you to figure that out?

Duhhh it tookted me like this many *puts up middle finger* minutes... A Lakers fan questioning the intelligence of other posters, now I've seen it all.

smiddy012
03-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Bait from a troll obviously, then again that's assuming he can comprehend what he reads.

smiddy012
03-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Wow, quite a bit of slamming on Noah. I'd agree with the earlier post saying he's easily a top 5 center in the NBA right now, unless you're completely ignoring defense and ball-handling/passing. Howard's clearly #1 with Bynum and Monroe 2 and 3 IMO behind him, but then there's a group of Gortat, Noah, Hibbert and Gasol (Horford when he's healthy). In that group both Hibbert and Gasol leave a lot to be desired on the defensive end, hell Hibbert can barely stay in games with foul trouble in many games. Gortat doesn't handle the ball nearly as well as Noah. (And Scal's quote is clearly speaking of the ball-handling and passing as Noah being 'maybe the best in the NBA').

I hated when they drafted Noah, I never thought he'd be worth it but he's improved steadily and is now improving on his 15 foot jump shot as well. Those acting like he's an average NBA center are kidding themselves (and any Heat fan saying Noah has no offensive game should worry about Joel Anthony's fantastic hands first).

You forgot Cousins, who is clearly better than Noah. You got DH, Bynum, Cousins, Monroe who are clearly the top 4, the 5th spot is up for grabs so in no way is Noah easily top 5.

chitownbulls
03-11-2012, 01:32 PM
You forgot Cousins, who is clearly better than Noah. You got DH, Bynum, Cousins, Monroe who are clearly the top 4, the 5th spot is up for grabs so in no way is Noah easily top 5.

Are you serious? No way is Cousins better than Noah overall. Posters are forgetting that offense isn't the only part of the game...Noah does everything else better than Cousins, and at a more efficient rate.

Gram
03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Duhhh it tookted me like this many *puts up middle finger* minutes... A Lakers fan questioning the intelligence of other posters, now I've seen it all.

:laugh: I lol'd.

valade16
03-11-2012, 01:51 PM

As opposed to you right :rolleyes:

dtmagnet
03-11-2012, 06:19 PM

What I take away from this thread is that Bulls fans are little crybabys who can't handle anyone saying anything bad about their team.

jp611
03-11-2012, 06:26 PM

What I take away from this thread is that Bulls fans are little crybabys who can't handle anyone saying anything bad about their team.

Nope, it's just that scal didn't say what the thread title states at all, if people would actually read the article and put it into context of what scal said, which was that Noah is the best center at passing and running the court, then they would understand that the title of the thread is off... Every bulls fan knows Noah isn't the best center in the game and Scal knows that too I'm sure, just wanted to point that out, guess it makes me a crybaby :rolleyes:

Cubby
03-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I need to avoid this place more...

Raph12
03-11-2012, 06:39 PM
As opposed to you right :rolleyes:

Actually yes, I'm sure I can analyze player talent better than most NBA players... I apologize for not believing that NBA players' opinions are gospel, but I just don't think most of those guys are objective or intelligent enough to accurately analyze talent.

Blitzbolt
03-11-2012, 07:07 PM
I read the whole thing like two times and I still think Noah sucks and Scalabrine is smoking some sweet stuff.

jp611
03-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I read the whole thing like two times and I still think Noah sucks and Scalabrine is smoking some sweet stuff.

Then your comprehension and player evaluation is garbage... It's so obvious that scal is saying he's the best center in the NBA at dribbling, passing, etc, which he is... And to say Noah sucks is just well downright absurd

Blitzbolt
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Then your comprehension and player evaluation is garbage... It's so obvious that scal is saying he's the best center in the NBA at dribbling, passing, etc, which he is... And to say Noah sucks is just well downright absurd
dribbling yes(why would you want your center to dribble the ball anyways)Passing not even close.
Noah=Robin Lopez but since your a bulls fan you don't view him that way.

JordansBulls
03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
-Nba.com

He is nuts if he believes that.

jp611
03-11-2012, 07:23 PM
dribbling yes(why would you want your center to dribble the ball anyways)Passing not even close.
Noah=Robin Lopez but since your a bulls fan you don't view him that way.

Because he can lead a fast break, that is awesome and right there leads to a fast break basket rather than having to stop and dish it to your PG... it's an important part of his game... Passing he is definitely one of the best, how about rebounding? Top 5 in his position and a great offensive rebounder leading to second chance opportunities for his team... How about leadership? He's a great leader for the Bulls and is the ultimate team player who knows his role and plays it well

jp611
03-11-2012, 07:24 PM
-Nba.com

He is nuts if he believes that.

Read JB, read... He said he's the best in the NBA at dribbling, passing, etc

pd1dish
03-11-2012, 07:30 PM
obviously i dont think Noah is the best center in the NBA, but id say top 5. people completely underrate Noah because of his scoring ability. well, guess what guys, scoring isnt everything (although itd help out the Bulls a little bit). Noah brings the most energy, the most effort, tries his damn hardest on defense at ALL times (can defend any player in the league as good as anybody else at his position with exception to Howard), and like Scal said, Noah is a great passer and i can confidently say that he is the best passer at the center position.

i would like to see him continue to get better on his scoring aspect of the game, but he has been improving every year. if he can become a 15 and 10 player, i think that would be great and he isnt far away (11.7 and 10.4 this season).

lavilevi23
03-11-2012, 08:30 PM
:facepalm:

Raph12
03-11-2012, 08:40 PM
:facepalm:

Who do you think you are? Some guy on the internet talking ^&$%, that's how 99% of NBA players would view you and I guarantee you they laugh their ***** off at you.

You shouldn't be asking "Who do you think you are?" but rather should ask yourself "what do the NBA players really consider when analyzing talent"... All I'll point to is the belief of most NBA players, who still believe Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league.

Keep your panties dry babe, no need to get excited.

avrpatsfan
03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
He is just being humble, Brian Scalabrine is the best center in the NBA. My NBA first team this year:
PG: Brian Scalabrine
SG: Brian Scalabrine
SF: Brian Scalabrine
PF: Brian Scalabrine
C: Brian Scalabrine

smiddy012
03-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Are you serious? No way is Cousins better than Noah overall. Posters are forgetting that offense isn't the only part of the game...Noah does everything else better than Cousins, and at a more efficient rate.

No way in bum-****ed Egypt is Noah better than Cousins. And no it's not ever worth debating over.

jp611
03-11-2012, 09:13 PM

No way in bum-****ed Egypt is Noah better than Cousins. And no it's not ever worth debating over.

Noah is better than cousins good sir

smiddy012
03-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Noah is better than cousins good sir

I'm waiting to hear that from someone who isn't a Bulls fan.

Raph12
03-11-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm waiting to hear that from someone who isn't a Bulls fan.

Don't hold your breath...

Raph12
03-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Do you really need someone to tell you, to think for you? Can you not figure things out on your own?

I've yet to hear any compelling argument from you on this. Explain why Cousins is better than Noah...because to me he only seems better in one way, and thats jump shooting. In literally every other facet of the game, Noah is better.

Cousins is the better rebounder on both ends of the floor (don't look at per game avgs, check the percentages), a significantly better 1v1 defender and guy you can play through on offense... Noah is a great role player, Cousins is a third option at worst.

Noah is a better passer and help defender, that's about it.

BULLSFAN0810
03-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Do you really need someone to tell you, to think for you? Can you not figure things out on your own?

I've yet to hear any compelling argument from you on this. Explain why Cousins is better than Noah...because to me he only seems better in one way, and thats jump shooting. In literally every other facet of the game, Noah is better.

+1..Dummies dont add in being a team mate and being unselfish as true attributes...add this to Noahs motor ,he is a very good PF. I myself didnt want bulls to draft him,but he has proven VERY SERVICABLE. AND LETS GET THIS RIGHT...SCAL IS LOOKED AT AS BEING A FUTURE COACH..THATS WHY THIBS BROUGHT HIM HERE WITH HIM FROM BOSTON...AND THESE GUYS WHO ARE CONSIDERED "BUMS" IN MOST CASES KNOW MORE THAN THE ACTUAL STAR BC THEY ACTUALLY HAVE TO TEACH THEMSELVES COMPARED TO A KOBE WHO HAS MORE ATHLETICISM AND OVER TIME APPLIED MORE OF THOUGHT PROCESS TO HIS GAME...SCAL DAY ONE,KNEW HE CANT JUMP;FOCUSED ON PERIMETER ETC...AND PLUS WATCHING THE GAME AND BEING AT THE END OF A BENCH HELPS...LOL

dabears34ft
03-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Any one saying Cousins is better than Noah isn't much of a basketball mind at all. You look at his ugly play as your basis for this, but fact is, Noah is the hardest player in the NBA. Do you realize how many tips he puts in the hoop. How many slaps his teammates recover and score off of. How good of a FT shooter he is for a C. Rose is the Bulls MVP. Noah is the Bulls Heart and Soul. You people are Crazy!!!! COUSINS!!!!! You all obviously don't think chemistry and heart is an important part of basketball. What is Cousins better at? He is more athletic and that is it. A smart heart working good player will beat a punk *** cancer any day of the week!!!!

smiddy012
03-11-2012, 10:11 PM

No it's just not worth debating with a Bulls fan as it's Bulls fans, generally speaking, who think there is a debate to it. But to appease you...

-Noah doesn't even garner half of the attention from opposing defenses that Cousins does.
-Noah is easily our worse starter offensively. Where is Cousins on the Kings?
-Cousins creates his own points. Noah doesn't, his are majorly from tip-ins and open dunks (that are created for him).
-Defenses do not have to hone in on Noah.
-Noah is not capable of taking over games.

Or you can just look at the pure stats and disregard the fact that Noah's teammates are light-years ahead of Cousins, Noah only has a super-star to dish him the ball (where he's behind every starter + Korver in the pecking order).

Cousins beats Noah at rebounding, he can get to the line better too. Cousins isn't asked to distribute whereas Noah is our second distributing option with Rip out (although last season Cousins did have 2.5 per game). And then Cousins steals more than Noah, he blocks at the same rate as him as well. Cousins is not a one-trick pony, anyone who consistently watches the guy knows this. Cousins is quite more talented as an overall basketball player than Noah, its his mentality that slows him down. Motor-wise and mentality-wise Noah>Cousins. And obviously Noah is the better perimeter defender, and a better passer, but it's not like Cousins is deficient in this area for a center.

smiddy012
03-11-2012, 10:13 PM
lol at the Bulls fans giving the motor card... doubt they've even seen more than the one Kings game this year we've played them... where Cousins dominated us.

Raph12
03-11-2012, 10:24 PM
A better 1v1 DEFENDER? :eyebrow: I would say Cousins is a better 1v1 offensive player, but not defender.

Nope he's the better 1v1 defender, both in the post and iso situations, though Noah may be a better help defender due to his quickness.

I would say this forum has an obsession with inefficient jump shooting Cs. Cousins & Bogut are 2 examples of. Noah, despite all his missed tip-ins which count as a FGA, is still far more efficient this year than Cousins has been. Noah is not a flashy offensive player, his value to a team comes from how much better he makes others. His offensive touches are mostly from rebounds, tip ins and putbacks so you don't have to worry about wasting offensive possessions for him. On top of that he's a great passer, rebounder, defender, a great leader, a proven winner who makes his teammates better. Can Cousins say that?

If Cousins and Lopez spent the game just attacking the glass, scoring off cut plays and passes from DRose; rather than having the offense run through them, I'm sure they'd be much more efficient as well. Again Noah is a good role player, but those two guys you're comparing him to are better 1st, 2nd or 3rd options.

smiddy012
03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
A better 1v1 DEFENDER? :eyebrow: I would say Cousins is a better 1v1 offensive player, but not defender.

I would say this forum has an obsession with inefficient jump shooting Cs. Cousins & Bogut are 2 examples of. Noah, despite all his missed tip-ins which count as a FGA, is still far more efficient this year than Cousins has been. Noah is not a flashy offensive player, his value to a team comes from how much better he makes others. His offensive touches are mostly from rebounds, tip ins and putbacks so you don't have to worry about wasting offensive possessions for him. On top of that he's a great passer, rebounder, defender, a great leader, a proven winner who makes his teammates better. Can Cousins say that?

You don't know much about Cousins, all you're talking about is Noah. Noah doesn't carry the burden that Cousins does, Noah is on a great team. He's our 6th offensive option... so obviously when all you're getting is garbage points and tip-ins you're going to be more efficient. As compared to a guy you actually have to depend on to win games offensively.

Noah wasn't "a great passer, rebounder, defender, a great leader, a proven winner who makes his teammates better" his sophomore year was he.

BULLSFAN0810
03-11-2012, 10:29 PM
lol at the bulls fans giving the motor card... Doubt they've even seen more than the one kings game this year we've played them... Where cousins dominated us.

dominated w/o impact..a cancer thus far..as best player team going no where..team listening to trade offers..had roy a year ago,pair him with cousins...team fails worse. Skillwise he is better than noah,but sports is more than skills its working together and willing to follow orders...cousin lacks this...no bad person...or bad team mate won ...all must sacrifice.

MrfadeawayJB
03-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Couldnt have said it better myself. Well said Scal!!!

Raph12
03-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Noah and Chandler are guys you use to compete at the college level, but in the NBA, specifically in the playoffs, having guys like Cousins, Lopez and Bogut help drastically. Because in the slower pace it helps to have post options to goto when your offense is stagnent. For a team that's stacked, a player like Noah is a great asset, for teams like the Kings, Nets or Bucks, players like Cousins, Lopez and Bogut are more valuable.

Ergo if you're starting your team from scratch, no way do you pick Noah over a healthy Cousins, Lopez or Bogut.

Raph12
03-11-2012, 11:06 PM
It's funny you mention guys like Cousins, Lopez and Bogut as people you want to have in the NBA finals, over a guy like Tyson Chandler, who's actually won the NBA Finals. And Noah has been a hell of a lot closer to it than they have.

I think Tyson knows what it takes to win at the NBA level, and so does Noah. Cousins and Bogut are inefficient jump shooting C's on crap teams.

You're showing your inability to read and interpret properly... A big man you run your offense through is more valuable than one that can only score off of garbage baskets.

A team like the Mavs don't need a center like Cousins, Lopez or Bogut because they have a full team, same with the Bulls. If you're starting over, you take the guy you can build around, not just the guy who'd be a good role player on your squad.

Same reason why Melo is better than Deng, yet it would be dumb for the Bulls to trade Deng for Melo... Get my drift?

Raph12
03-11-2012, 11:27 PM
No, that depends entirely what kind of team they're on. The Mavs did not need a big man to run their offense through last year, and neither do the Bulls. The Bucks and Kings may need inefficient jump shooting centers to be main offensive options, but actual winning teams don't.

A team like the Mavs and Bulls are good teams, yes, and they don't need dumb, inefficient, mentally weak, emotionally immature young C's to shoot, turnover and foul them out of games.

Again when starting from scratch, there are no good teams or bad teams, so if you're starting your team, you take Cousins before you take Noah.

Melo better than Deng? I don't even want to know what Knicks fans might say to that right now.

Melo is better than Deng, it's a fact not an opinion...

yanksrock
03-11-2012, 11:42 PM

Not if he sounds like an idiot.

RCarlson85
03-11-2012, 11:42 PM
LOL!!!! That's all I have to say.

sunsfan88
03-12-2012, 12:31 AM
I should have added a poll "Do you think what Noah said is cool" and then had yes/no options.

BULLSFAN0810
03-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Noah and Chandler are guys you use to compete at the college level, but in the NBA, specifically in the playoffs, having guys like Cousins, Lopez and Bogut help drastically. Because in the slower pace it helps to have post options to goto when your offense is stagnent. For a team that's stacked, a player like Noah is a great asset, for teams like the Kings, Nets or Bucks, players like Cousins, Lopez and Bogut are more valuable.

Ergo if you're starting your team from scratch, no way do you pick Noah over a healthy Cousins, Lopez or Bogut.

i kinda agree...GMs look into players character also. Players have fallen bc of this....good players,some rightfully so,some not. I see Cousin as rightfully so. I wastch this guy play,and i see he can play,but hes alway mouthy to his cooaches,refs etc...hes a hot head...im like OMG another SHEED! I like Cousins and i think skill wise he is head to bottom better than Noah. I think Noah plays hard and has a will to win,he excepts his role..so when drafting a team or making a pick of players like Cousins and Noah,id take into consideration of attitude. There obviously going to be losing if players with such skill as Cousins is on the board,but me as a GM i might shy away from Cousins esp if the draft has other talented players.......

Team*Chicago
03-12-2012, 12:51 AM
I'll believe someone's opinion that had won a championship already about how great a player is over you haters, non-Bulls and heat fans opinions.

Bulls fans need to stop getting so butthurt in these bait threads all the time. You're being trolled, isn't it obvious?

Just laugh it off and say "Haha, our team has the best record in the league and yours doesn't". Most of the people trolling you are fans of $&**y teams any way.

Never looked at it that way before.

:p If you are so jealous of Bulls fans that much then you need to take that avator down immediately because the person on there is a Bulls fan aswell and it looks like he's chilling like a villian instead of being a crybaby like you.

smiddy012
03-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Here in Chicago, we love our players, we will even go as far as butt-****ing them, if they want it.

Noah's not only cooler, but has moral character. These are the standards for a good player mind you.

Forget the statistics, forget the fact that our team is hella better than yours, we even ignore that.

smiddy012
03-12-2012, 01:40 AM
My team is better than yours. Therefore Noah>Your Center.

rockbottom2010
03-12-2012, 01:56 AM
after this season...its gonna be more like this
Howard
Davis
Drummond
Lopez
Bynum
Gasol
Cousins

Raph12
03-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Howard
Davis
Drummond
Lopez
Bynum
Gasol
Cousins

Davis is not a center, he'll play PF in the NBA for sure; he's only 220lbs at 6'10", hell he can't even handle the college centers.

5ass
03-12-2012, 02:45 AM
not even close

BULLSFAN0810
03-12-2012, 04:34 AM
grrrrr....

yanksrock
03-12-2012, 06:02 AM
grrrrr....

Hey, I'm a Knicks fan. Think about my problems.

yanksrock
03-12-2012, 06:03 AM
Davis is not a center, he'll play PF in the NBA for sure; he's only 220lbs at 6'10", hell he can't even handle the college centers.

This

jp611
03-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Howard
Davis
Drummond
Lopez
Bynum
Gasol
Cousins

Drummond will be a bust

Rockice_8
03-12-2012, 09:25 AM
I just find it weird when guys come out and say stuff like this. If he was forced in to answering a question about Noah then yes that's what your supposed to say but if he just came out and said that then it was a dumb comment. He's barely top 10 let alone #1.

DaBUU
03-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Hey, I'm a Knicks fan. Think about my problems.

lol

yanksrock
03-12-2012, 09:45 AM
I just find it weird when guys come out and say stuff like this. If he was forced in to answering a question about Noah then yes that's what your supposed to say but if he just came out and said that then it was a dumb comment. He's barely top 10 let alone #1.

I don't think he was asked if he's the best.

sunsfan88
03-13-2012, 11:55 PM
I'll believe someone's opinion that had won a championship already about how great a player is over you haters, non-Bulls and heat fans opinions.

A lot of players have free loaded off superstars to win rings, doesn't mean they know a lot or are amazing or anything. Guys like Scalabrine and Adam Morris have not contributed to any championships yet they have rings.

alexander_37
03-14-2012, 01:54 AM
This is the only time Scal has ever been wrong because he is the best center in the league. Actually he was just kidding so he wasn't even wrong.

Team*Chicago
03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
A lot of players have free loaded off superstars to win rings, doesn't mean they know a lot or are amazing or anything. Guys like Scalabrine and Adam Morris have not contributed to any championships yet they have rings.

It doesn't matter, he's still a champion and Howard isn't.

ChicagoJ
03-14-2012, 12:53 PM
He's not the best center, but the things Scalabrine points out are legit. I don't think any center has the ball handling and passing ability combined with defense and rebounding that noah has. I just wish he had a go to shot like Ewing use to that is money in the bank. If he could score 17-20 per game consistently he'd be lethal.

sunsfan88
03-18-2012, 03:30 AM

Doesn't make him better than Howard tho

xxcubs22xx
03-18-2012, 04:27 AM
lmao @ people replying without reading what Scal actually said.

And no offensive game? Are you kidding me? He is most definitely an underrated scorer.

GunFactor187
03-18-2012, 04:33 AM
Scal is so modest, he's obvi the best position-for-position player in the league.

marferrer
03-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Obviously Scalabrine knows greatness. That is why he warms the seats for them.

THIS! :up:

CoffeeJanitor
03-18-2012, 02:00 PM
So do people really think Noah is the best C? lol

Raph12
03-18-2012, 04:26 PM

ROFLMFAO Scal? A champion? Okay well I'd rather win 0 rings as "the guy" than win a rings without even 1 second of playing time total in the entire playoffs... He's as much of a champion as the Celtics dancers, except they worked in more of a sweat.

5ass
03-18-2012, 04:42 PM
ROFLMFAO Scal? A champion? Okay well I'd rather win 0 rings as "the guy" than win a rings without even 1 second of playing time total in the entire playoffs... He's as much of a champion as the Celtics dancers, except they worked in more of a sweat.

Scals play off highlights the season the celtics got that championship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UUBC8NoQgA

Da Knicks
03-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Melo better than Deng? I don't even want to know what Knicks fans might say to that right now.[/QUOTE]

Melo kills Deng!

Rosh
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Melo also kills the Knicks. But I digress.

sunsfan88
04-12-2012, 11:30 PM
And no offensive game? Are you kidding me? He is most definitely an underrated scorer.

What's his offensive game then?

Post ups? No....Shooting? No...Play making? No....Head to the basket game? No...

smiddy012
04-13-2012, 01:45 AM
What's his offensive game then?

Post ups? No....Shooting? No...Play making? No....Head to the basket game? No...

Wow you are a ***** for creating this thread, making **** up about what Scally said, and then just recently bumping it. Get a life.

Audubon
04-13-2012, 01:56 AM
People think it's only about scoring or only about rebounds. Noah is practically a double double machine who is good at getting offensive rebounds. He is a great passer for a center and smart especially on help defense. Noah over achieves like crazy and any fan would love him on their team. Everyone thought he was going to be a bum but he's turned out to be very successful in the NBA.

Hustle and emotion count for a lot. He plays hard 100% of the time which helps get you some wins. Dwight is probably the only center I want other than Noah even though Howards acting like a ***** as of late. All the other centers in the league...don't bring as much to the table that Noah does. Oh and he's pretty decent at the FT's.

sharqstealth
04-13-2012, 02:19 AM
If Scalabrine is playing for the Bucks, he'll also say Kwame Brown is the best center in the league...

hugepatsfan
04-13-2012, 02:28 AM
Scal is modest to a fault. He's too humble to just come out and say he's the best C in the NBA, even if we all know it. So he showed a teamate some love.

Bulls_fan90
04-13-2012, 04:34 AM
If Scalabrine is playing for the Bucks, he'll also say Kwame Brown is the best center in the league...

And if he played for the Knicks he'd say...ohhh wait he doesn't need to say anything, Knicks fans do that for him.

Lin GOAT
Shumpert GOAT
Chandler DPOY

etc...

tcav701
04-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Does anyone actually put stock into this statement?