PDA

View Full Version : Hedo Turkoglu suspended

LAKobeBryant
03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/17691505/hedo-turkoglu-suspended-1-game-for-contact-with-official

Hedo Turkoglu suspended for 1 game for contact with official

http://youtu.be/pJFclGcsbOQ

heyman321
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I love how Boozer screams as if he did something. What a total chump.

ManRam
03-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Boozer :laugh:

Rules are rules...obviously no malicious intent, but it is what it is. Oh well. I like to see the emotion from him.

~Iggy~
03-09-2012, 09:46 PM
"We are Europeans, we talk with our hands and our body." LOL

Raph12
03-09-2012, 09:53 PM
That's lame, he obviously didn't mean anything by it... He also grabbed the second official, shouldn't that be two games? :rolleyes:

Cubby
03-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I love how Boozer screams as if he did something. What a total chump.

:laugh2:

cheaptrikz
03-09-2012, 10:00 PM
lol boozer

Cubby
03-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Boozer :laugh:

Rules are rules...obviously no malicious intent, but it is what it is. Oh well. I like to see the emotion from him.

He screams for everything. I don't know why you people don't understand that.

KJ21.the.truth
03-09-2012, 10:05 PM

Its stupid and over the top... Whattya mean you people??? :eyebrow:

dtmagnet
03-09-2012, 10:13 PM

Well I mean we all scream for ice cream, but technical fouls?

Cubby
03-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Its stupid and over the top... Whattya mean you people??? :eyebrow:

Sometimes, yeah, but it's reactionary to him, just like how it's reactionary for some players to stare down others after a dunk.

I just think some people take anything possible to lash out at him. That's who he is, and if you can't accept that then don't watch the ****ing games.

Iodine
03-09-2012, 10:15 PM
WTF BoZER!?!?!?!?

Oh and Hedo just needs to dance

Cubby
03-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Well I mean we all scream for ice cream, but technical fouls?

Like I said, reactionary. That's not going to change so why not just accept it? It's over the top sometimes, but I'm sure a lot of players scream. Singling out Boozer just isn't fair in my opinion.

ThunderousDemon
03-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Boozer is such a scrub.

Cubby
03-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Boozer is such a scrub.

Yeah he sure played like a scrub yesterday, huh?

GatorKid117
03-09-2012, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uqQpCo0d0E&feature=player_embedded

Double standard

Raph12
03-09-2012, 10:42 PM

Double standard

Just David Stern doing his thing...

Knicks21
03-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Social étiquette.

TheHighLife
03-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Takes some balls to grab another official after that T.

heyman321
03-09-2012, 11:41 PM

Yeah he did. They also lost the game.

Cubby
03-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah he did. They also lost the game.

Fatigue tends to happen when you play 4 games in 5 days, 3 of them being against top teams in the east (2 of them were tight until the end) and 1 of them coming down to the wire (ended on a Rose buzzer beater).

ManRam
03-10-2012, 12:14 AM

Double standard

But not really. The refs job is to diffuse and control things when they get out of hand. Not allowing them to touch players isn't necessary. While agree there wasn't much reason to touch KD, I think it's understandable why this "double standard" exists. It's not really a legit excuse.

Is it a double standard that cops are allowed to mace civilians, but I can't mace a cop? No. Same here...

GrandDaddyPurp
03-10-2012, 02:05 AM
I bet Boozer's kids were somewhere out there screaming "Lets go Magic!"

Toxeryll
03-10-2012, 02:10 AM

lol chill man, dont cry

Cubby
03-10-2012, 02:12 AM
I bet Boozer's kids were somewhere out there screaming "Lets go Magic!"

That's pretty funny. :laugh2:

Cubby
03-10-2012, 02:13 AM
lol chill man, dont cry

I'm fine.

Raph12
03-10-2012, 02:37 AM
But not really. The refs job is to diffuse and control things when they get out of hand. Not allowing them to touch players isn't necessary. While agree there wasn't much reason to touch KD, I think it's understandable why this "double standard" exists. It's not really a legit excuse.

Is it a double standard that cops are allowed to mace civilians, but I can't mace a cop? No. Same here...

I think his point was that KG didn't receive any suspension for his actions while Turk was suspended for doing less... Atleast I think that's what he meant.

GatorKid117
03-10-2012, 04:00 AM
I think his point was that KG didn't receive any suspension for his actions while Turk was suspended for doing less... Atleast I think that's what he meant.

Bingo

KG puts his hands on an official, even shoves his arm away, and nada.

Hedo places his hand on the ref's shoulder to talk, suspension.

Seems to me the league is protecting bigger names and teams.

MOST
03-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Lol boozer

mzgrizz
03-10-2012, 02:11 PM
No way he should have been suspended a game

YoungOne
03-10-2012, 02:31 PM
these techs getting on my nerves -.- last night pierce got a T for dunking..

AI
03-10-2012, 02:33 PM
This is quite hilarious, he didn't do anything wrong.

ManRam
03-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Bingo

KG puts his hands on an official, even shoves his arm away, and nada.

Hedo places his hand on the ref's shoulder to talk, suspension.

Seems to me the league is protecting bigger names and teams.

My mistake. I thought you meant the ref deserved a suspension...

My guess is that Hedo initiated contact, and KG did not :shrug: IDK.

Donk'E'Dic
03-10-2012, 02:53 PM
I would've two pieced the ref

Gram
03-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Like I said, reactionary. That's not going to change so why not just accept it? It's over the top sometimes, but I'm sure a lot of players scream. Singling out Boozer just isn't fair in my opinion.

If Boozer wasn't a Bull you wouldn't say that.

Cubby
03-10-2012, 05:16 PM
If Boozer wasn't a Bull you wouldn't say that.

If he wasn't a Bull, he wouldn't be getting the same **** he does now, now would he? I don't remember him getting so much hate on Utah. It goes both ways, bro.

Raph12
03-10-2012, 06:00 PM
My mistake. I thought you meant the ref deserved a suspension...

My guess is that Hedo initiated contact, and KG did not :shrug: IDK.

KG was still more disrespectful towards the official though, even the ref himself took offence to KG forcefully removing his hands... The stars always get special treatment, it's just the way it is and the way it always has been.

Kyben36
03-10-2012, 06:21 PM
to me he was just stupid, dumb play, but it didnt cost them the game, what I fould really dumb thoug was he kept touchting the officials even after the tech. he obviousy didnt learn.

ManRam
03-10-2012, 06:32 PM
KG was still more disrespectful towards the official though, even the ref himself took offence to KG forcefully removing his hands... The stars always get special treatment, it's just the way it is and the way it always has been.

Yeah. They're really different circumstances though, and I'm not sure they can be considered the same thing. KG's was more disrespectful I guess, because he was pushing the ref's arm out of the way...but he didn't go after the official or instigate it. It was in reaction to the ref contacting him forcefully. The ref was trying to diffuse the situation, pinned KG against whatever that thing is called, waved his finger in his face, then held onto him as he walked away. I almost can't blame KG for pushing the arm out of his way...but in no way was it OK. I'm sure, in the heat of things, I'd push him arm down too.

While Hedo's was not aggressive or ill-willed, he did go out of his way to make the contact. IDK. KG got a tech, and not a suspension. Oh well. I don't care. It is what it is. The two circumstances are clearly not at all alike. Hedo broke the rules, so I'm not gonna whine about something that happened a year ago like it means anything.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is a relatively new rule. Not even sure if it was a rule last year, but I can't find proof. I may very well be wrong. I know it is newish at the very least. Not a ton of precedence. I know Mike Brown got suspended for it this year as was The Lesser Lopez. But I can't remember suspensions prior to this year.

Iodine
03-10-2012, 06:35 PM
^Official suspsensions are new-ish. Players have never been allowed to touch the ref's but enforcing it with suspensions no matter what is new to this year

jp611
03-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Boozer is awesome, his screaming is hilarious, get over it

Hustla23
03-10-2012, 06:48 PM
That official looked really pissed. I thought he was gonna try to fight KG for a second. :laugh2:

At least Garnett's touching was reactionary. Hedo pulled a seriously stupid move by putting his hands on the ref.

Raph12
03-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah. They're really different circumstances though, and I'm not sure they can be considered the same thing. KG's was more disrespectful I guess, because he was pushing the ref's arm out of the way...but he didn't go after the official or instigate it. It was in reaction to the ref contacting him forcefully. The ref was trying to diffuse the situation, pinned KG against whatever that thing is called, waved his finger in his face, then held onto him as he walked away. I almost can't blame KG for pushing the arm out of his way...but in no way was it OK. I'm sure, in the heat of things, I'd push him arm down too.

While Hedo's was not aggressive or ill-willed, he did go out of his way to make the contact. IDK. KG got a tech, and not a suspension. Oh well. I don't care. It is what it is. The two circumstances are clearly not at all alike. Hedo broke the rules, so I'm not gonna whine about something that happened a year ago like it means anything.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is a relatively new rule. Not even sure if it was a rule last year, but I can't find proof. I may very well be wrong. I know it is newish at the very least. Not a ton of precedence. I know Mike Brown got suspended for it this year as was The Lesser Lopez. But I can't remember suspensions prior to this year.

We're arguing semantics here, Hedo initiated, KG's was more disrectful, etc; one player shouldn't be suspended over the other just because of a technicality...