PDA

View Full Version : Miami will never trade Big 3 cuz of blackmail?

LongWayFromHome
03-09-2012, 07:51 PM
In Bills Simmons Top 50 NBA Assets, he wrote the following about Chris Bosh. If true it's certainly logical (definitely explains no Howard for Bosh or Wade trades). Does anybody think there is some truth to this?

18. Chris Bosh
Someone Who Knows Things told me that dating back to last summer Miami's Micky Arison wouldn't even discuss a Howard/Bosh trade with Orlando, which is why you never hear Miami's name mentioned as a possible Dwight destination (and why Dwight conspicuously left them off his trade list). I thought that was interesting. Of course, Chris Bosh isn't THAT good and you know how much I love conspiracies and you know I'll always believe to my dying day that LeBron/Wade/Bosh to Miami was decided weeks and maybe even months before The Decision happened (which certainly explains why the 2010 Heat threw away their season for cap space under the "wishful" thinking that Wade would "hopefully" come back and "maybe" recruit some help) and if that's true, and Bosh was in on it all along and knew where the bodies were buried, wouldn't you be afraid to trade that guy?

(Just nod "yes" so we can move on. Thanks.)6

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7666048/nba-trade-value-part-2

Hustla23
03-09-2012, 07:56 PM
The way it all went down makes it seem incredibly possible that it was all premeditated.

If true, yeah, I wouldn't trade that guy.

Anyone remember the Joe Smith fiasco? Something of this magnitude would equate to like 20 years of draft picks being taken away.

beasted86
03-09-2012, 08:08 PM
For the sake of discussion let's nod along with this illogical conspiracy....

1) Do you think Pat "The Godfather" Riley would be reckless enough to leave verifiable proof that he contacted players under contract for teams outside the Miami HEAT?

2) If there is proof, do you think the witnesses would live to tell about it if it came down to testimony in a hearing?

beasted86
03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
The more likely scenarios for no Dwight Howard to Miami trade talk is:

1) Riley wouldn't break up the team this early because it would make him look "wrong" about his "genius" Big 3 plan, and possibly create bad chemistry on the team by his stars feeling betrayed.

(^Most probable reason)

2) Riley feels the Magic wouldn't entertain the offers and pieces he would be willing to give up in a trade, and would feel stupid if the trade came back to bite him in the end by a division rival and possible playoff opponent.

jrm2054
03-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Bosh would be a snitch

WeaponXXX
03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
I bet bosh would cry then snitch

Birdmannn
03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Wade told them to come. Had nothing to do with the front office.

JC_
03-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Sounds like bs to me. Howard pretty much said he didn't want to be on Miami because he viewed them as the enemy.

*Silver&Black*
03-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Of course this was planned before "The Decision", though doesn't mean it was the franchise that planned it. The players obviously had it planned in advance (just 3 guys wanting to play with each other), Wade could of ran to the front office and told him of his plan, so clear room.

arkanian215
03-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Sounds like bs to me. Howard pretty much said he didn't want to be on Miami because he viewed them as the enemy.

That's bill simmons for you

lakersfan01
03-09-2012, 08:33 PM
That is definitely possible. Why would you refuse to even talk about trading Bosh for Howard? Because Bosh would squeal lol.

Iodine
03-09-2012, 08:41 PM
This is Bill ****ing Simmons people. He hasnt met a conspiracy theory he doesnt love

zo#33
03-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Brian Windhorst said on the BS report that the Cavs have spent millions of dollars trying to figure out if there was anything illegal with the 3 teaming up.

therealwd27
03-09-2012, 08:49 PM
This thread is a joke and so is Simmons

--23--
03-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Of course this was planned before "The Decision", though doesn't mean it was the franchise that planned it. The players obviously had it planned in advance (just 3 guys wanting to play with each other), Wade could of ran to the front office and told him of his plan, so clear room.

yea it's pretty obvious this was planned. Bron planning to changing his jersey number in 2009 or 2010 from 23 to 6 pretty much made it clear though :laugh2:

John Walls Era
03-09-2012, 09:10 PM
People take Bill Simmons that seriously? He was joking or at least trying to have fun.

The goods
03-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Who cares if they planned it or not it happened,and what are they going to do if something they did was illegal,split them up?
Riley isn't trading any of them so soon.

sammid21
03-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Whoever thinks they didn't plan this are either heat fans or people that don't look outside the box and are conformed to what happens and don't like asking questions to find the truth. Lebron mimics wade and are close friends which is why they planned this ahead of time making other teams gut their rosters believing they had a chance to get either of the three. But I'll be labeled a hater. In the words of George carlin, question everything

Rivera
03-09-2012, 09:48 PM
This is Bill ****ing Simmons people. He hasnt met a conspiracy theory he doesnt love

Bam! The only post in this thread that makes sense so far

Raph12
03-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I think it has more to do with Dwight wanting to be "the man" and wanting a bigger market... He wouldn't resign in Miami so why would the Heat even try?

theheatles
03-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Whoever thinks they didn't plan this are either heat fans or people that don't look outside the box and are conformed to what happens and don't like asking questions to find the truth. Lebron mimics wade and are close friends which is why they planned this ahead of time making other teams gut their rosters believing they had a chance to get either of the three. But I'll be labeled a hater. In the words of George carlin, question everything

so was the bulls winning rose in the draft lottery a fixed job?

Phenomenonsense
03-09-2012, 11:12 PM

Yes? And Lebron to the Cavs? And 2 top 5 picks for a team that just lost Lebron? And the video evidence from when the winning team was picked out of an envelope years ago? It's rigged as can be. Doesn't matter. It ain't cheatin if you don't get caught, and the Heat won't get caught.

Sactown
03-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Yes? And Lebron to the Cavs? And 2 top 5 picks for a team that just lost Lebron? And the video evidence from when the winning team was picked out of an envelope years ago? It's rigged as can be. Doesn't matter. It ain't cheatin if you don't get caught, and the Heat won't get caught.

The Cavs had 17 wins before the Lebron draft... the Bulls had like 34 or something lol.. a little bit of a difference

Chronz
03-09-2012, 11:49 PM
If it was planned, then why did the Heat pursue Lamar Odom in the summer prior to the Big3?

justinnum1
03-09-2012, 11:56 PM
It wasnt planned, it was talked about, and fantasized about between them, but a lot of things had to go right for it to happen.

If lebron won the champinship that year, he wouldn't have left.

bholly
03-10-2012, 12:32 AM
yea it's pretty obvious this was planned. Bron planning to changing his jersey number in 2009 or 2010 from 23 to 6 pretty much made it clear though :laugh2:

lol, people are still dumb enough to believe this?

Tell me why him applying to have his number changed means it was planned. Please.

RaiderLakersA's
03-10-2012, 12:39 AM
In Bills Simmons Top 50 NBA Assets, he wrote the following about Chris Bosh. If true it's certainly logical (definitely explains no Howard for Bosh or Wade trades). Does anybody think there is some truth to this?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7666048/nba-trade-value-part-2

The players at least DID agree to team up long before the Decision by LeBron. If you go back and watch some of their interviews you'll hear Bosh and Wade slip up and allude to details about the timing of their little triumvirate. Granted, players discuss these sorts of things all of the time, but this is one of those cases where I'm betting Wade tipped off Riles that Bosh and LeBron were a foregone conclusion.

the_color_finn
03-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Lebron, Wade and Bosh made the decision to play together while playing for team USA in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, he never intended to resign with the Cavs, yet strung them along until a few minutes before 9 PM 7/8/2010...what he did between the Olympics and The Decision was handcuff the Cavs organization, making them mortgage the future by trading for over-the-hill players so he could have his best chance to win before he left...then when he left, the Cavs would be in ruin, not only because of bad contracts like Antwan Jamison and Mo Williams, but they would be a team that was constructed around one player, who is no longer on the team, like a body without a head, and the result was the worst record in the league...also, in delaying his decision, the Cavs were left with money to spend and no free agents to sign, since most had already committed to new teams by July 8th...

Further evidence is James lack of recruiting for the Cavs, he didn't recruit one player to come play in Cleveland during his 7 years, but from the moment he landed in South Beach, he started recruiting like crazy, and not just in his sport, as seen recently him trying to recruit Peyton Manning to come play for the Dolphins...then theres the showing up at an Indians vs Yankees playoff game with a Yankee cap on, showing up at Browns vs Cowboys with a Cowboys hat on, the point is simple, he didn't care for the City of Cleveland and never intended to return...the Cavs organization coddled and pampered him for 7 years, giving him whatever he wanted, like fools, only to see him spurn them live never before in professional sports...

Now take Joe Haden for instance, from Maryland, played for Florida, he has shown up to multiple Cavs and Indians games donning the respective home teams gear, he didnt grow up a fan of those teams, but they play in the city he plays football, and out of respect for the city and fans, supports the home teams...Lebron is an immeasurable talent, the best player in the world at the game of basketball, but don't be naive to overlook the fact that he is immature, selfish and disloyal....

So I can see how trading Bosh isnt an option, considering that the Big 3 agreed to play together 2 years before The Decision and I'm sure there was tampering by Pat Riley, but it probably occured after the decision was made at Beijing...

Hustla23
03-10-2012, 01:16 AM
If it was planned, then why did the Heat pursue Lamar Odom in the summer prior to the Big3?
Source?

nickdymez
03-10-2012, 01:16 AM

1) Do you think Pat "The Godfather" Riley would be reckless enough to leave verifiable proof that he contacted players under contract for teams outside the Miami HEAT?

2) If there is proof, do you think the witnesses would live to tell about it if it came down to testimony in a hearing?

Shut up because your a heat fan. Of course you dont believe it

gotoHcarolina52
03-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Another little tidbit for you conspiracy theorists:

Why did LeBron choose to change his number? Because Pat Riley convinced him to do so. Why did Pat Riley care? Out of respect for Jordan, sure, but also because #23 was already hanging from American Airlines Arena's rafters. And where was LeBron when he announced his decision to change his number from 23 to 6? On the Miami HEAT's court inside American Airlines Arena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml1X03_MjF4

Riley really put the plan into action last November. During a Cavs visit to Miami, Riley arranged a get together with Michael Jordan and James. Jordan, who was in town to do some Nike work with Wade, at the time did not own a majority of the Bobcats.

During the meeting, Riley talked to James about how more modern players should pay homage to Jordan. Riley always had led this effort, retiring Jordan's No. 23 in the rafters at AmericanAirlines Arena even though Jordan never played in Miami.
The Cavs knew about it, and while it seemed like it could be classic tampering, they decided not to make an issue of it -- mostly because the meeting technically wasn't about free agency.

That night, James and Wade staged another strong individual battle. But the Cavs won when the Heat didn't have enough down the stretch, a common problem with Miami's roster last season. After the game, and after seeing Jordan and Riley sitting together courtside, James made an emotional statement on the court that he was going to ditch jersey No. 23 out of respect to Jordan. In fact, he felt all players should stop wearing No. 23.

It was controversial and got headlines. Riley probably didn't care so much about the statement but how his conversation obviously influenced James. It likely gave Riley confidence that he could win James over by playing to his emotions when it came time for free agency. Riley became more dedicated than ever before to trying his grand plan of getting all three stars to South Florida, with poaching James being the grand prize.
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/inside_the_decision_miamis_cou.html

Pat Riley is The ****ing DON. Not only did he orchestrate this entire thing cold-bloodedly and escaped with no evidence to pin him down, but he also managed to get a butt-hurt Dan Gilbert to pour millions and millions of dollars into a tampering investigation that ultimately went nowhere. Oh, and the man also knows who killed JFK and where Jimmy Hoffa's corpse is buried, but you'll never get him to squeal, so don't waste your time.

Here's The Don's message to you (http://floppingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/pat_riley_oj_mayo.png)

pd1dish
03-10-2012, 01:41 AM

i dont think we are talking the front office.....

Wade>You
03-10-2012, 02:09 AM
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof"

Isn't it amazing how it applies to the sports world?

jammastershake
03-10-2012, 02:26 AM

Nobody has anything to say about this insane comment?

Sssmush
03-10-2012, 05:52 AM
The way it all went down makes it seem incredibly possible that it was all premeditated.

If true, yeah, I wouldn't trade that guy.

Anyone remember the Joe Smith fiasco? Something of this magnitude would equate to like 20 years of draft picks being taken away.

hatas keep hatin'

Jeez why does it surprise me that Carmelo goes to the Knicks and then suddenly sucks

Young2Kinsler
03-10-2012, 12:33 PM
This is true, they are all black males

Sssmush
03-10-2012, 06:31 PM
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof"

Actually, to be fair , this isn't something that can be asserted without evidence. As opposed to, say, my contention that I control the outcome of NFL games with my prayers.

SteBO
03-10-2012, 07:18 PM
@Hustla No source needed here. The Heat courted Lamar hard in '09 free agency, and had tried to work back channels for Carlos Boozer (thank god he stopped doing that :pray:)

Hustla23
03-10-2012, 08:58 PM
@Hustla No source needed here. The Heat courted Lamar hard in '09 free agency, and had tried to work back channels for Carlos Boozer (thank god he stopped doing that :pray:)
Cool.

If that's the case, then the pursuance of Odom and Boozer occurred an entire year prior to the 2010 free agency.

I'd say that's an adequate amount of time for a plan like this to materialize.

I'm not insinuating that this actually did happen given that there's no evidence to prove it, but you have to incredibly naive to say that there's no chance that it didn't.

spreadeagle
03-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Bosh would be a snitch

bahahahahaha for sure

spreadeagle
03-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Nobody has anything to say about this insane comment?

I couldnt tell if he was jokin...either way its pretty awesome lol

mgsports
03-10-2012, 09:58 PM
They would if Barkley and Smith were allowed on Section Show tomorrow on CBS.

BAYAREA_fan_415
03-10-2012, 10:16 PM
This is true, they are all black males

HAHAHAHA :clap:

lavilevi23
03-11-2012, 12:41 AM

This.

lavilevi23
03-11-2012, 12:42 AM

Why did LeBron choose to change his number? Because Pat Riley convinced him to do so. Why did Pat Riley care? Out of respect for Jordan, sure, but also because #23 was already hanging from American Airlines Arena's rafters. And where was LeBron when he announced his decision to change his number from 23 to 6? On the Miami HEAT's court inside American Airlines Arena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml1X03_MjF4

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/inside_the_decision_miamis_cou.html

Pat Riley is The ****ing DON. Not only did he orchestrate this entire thing cold-bloodedly and escaped with no evidence to pin him down, but he also managed to get a butt-hurt Dan Gilbert to pour millions and millions of dollars into a tampering investigation that ultimately went nowhere. Oh, and the man also knows who killed JFK and where Jimmy Hoffa's corpse is buried, but you'll never get him to squeal, so don't waste your time.

Here's The Don's message to you (http://floppingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/pat_riley_oj_mayo.png)

And This.

BlondeBomber41
03-11-2012, 02:29 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that when these guys played together on Team USA that they didn't discuss this. If not on Team USA time, on their own time.

I don't think it was a for sure thing, I think Lebron was fighting between the idea of playing with Wade/Bosh and staying in Cleveland but yeah, of course they discussed it and what they would be like when they played together in the summer.

Chronz
03-11-2012, 02:37 AM
Lebron, Wade and Bosh made the decision to play together while playing for team USA in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, he never intended to resign with the Cavs, yet strung them along until a few minutes before 9 PM 7/8/2010...what he did between the Olympics and The Decision was handcuff the Cavs organization, making them mortgage the future by trading for over-the-hill players so he could have his best chance to win before he left...then when he left, the Cavs would be in ruin, not only because of bad contracts like Antwan Jamison and Mo Williams, but they would be a team that was constructed around one player, who is no longer on the team, like a body without a head, and the result was the worst record in the league...also, in delaying his decision, the Cavs were left with money to spend and no free agents to sign, since most had already committed to new teams by July 8th...

Further evidence is James lack of recruiting for the Cavs, he didn't recruit one player to come play in Cleveland during his 7 years, but from the moment he landed in South Beach, he started recruiting like crazy, and not just in his sport, as seen recently him trying to recruit Peyton Manning to come play for the Dolphins...then theres the showing up at an Indians vs Yankees playoff game with a Yankee cap on, showing up at Browns vs Cowboys with a Cowboys hat on, the point is simple, he didn't care for the City of Cleveland and never intended to return...the Cavs organization coddled and pampered him for 7 years, giving him whatever he wanted, like fools, only to see him spurn them live never before in professional sports...

Now take Joe Haden for instance, from Maryland, played for Florida, he has shown up to multiple Cavs and Indians games donning the respective home teams gear, he didnt grow up a fan of those teams, but they play in the city he plays football, and out of respect for the city and fans, supports the home teams...Lebron is an immeasurable talent, the best player in the world at the game of basketball, but don't be naive to overlook the fact that he is immature, selfish and disloyal....

So I can see how trading Bosh isnt an option, considering that the Big 3 agreed to play together 2 years before The Decision and I'm sure there was tampering by Pat Riley, but it probably occured after the decision was made at Beijing...
Bron tried recruiting several stars, they all started in their small markets (go figure).

Explain Odom?

Chronz
03-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Source?
google it, if you can't remember then your not the kind who keeps up to date, it wasnt any kind of secret

Heater4life
03-11-2012, 03:18 AM
google it, if you can't remember then your not the kind who keeps up to date, it wasnt any kind of secret

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-odomboozer071509

Boom shacka laca *****es

Heater4life
03-11-2012, 03:20 AM
This wasnt planned for years. The Heat were trying to build cap room to have the OPPORTUNITY to make a splash with a major free agent. They attempted to acquire others for fear of Wade leaving in FA. It just so happens Odom didnt sign. Wade wanted to re-sign and Bosh and Bron liked the idea.

lavilevi23
03-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Thank you Odom!! :D

naps
03-11-2012, 07:22 AM
The players at least DID agree to team up long before the Decision by LeBron. If you go back and watch some of their interviews you'll hear Bosh and Wade slip up and allude to details about the timing of their little triumvirate. Granted, players discuss these sorts of things all of the time, but this is one of those cases where I'm betting Wade tipped off Riles that Bosh and LeBron were a foregone conclusion.

Ofcourse, players discussed. And that's not illegal. Teams can't contact the players when they are under contract with another team but players can discuss anytime they want. Ofcourse, they talked about it. But it wasn't planned months or years ago like some people here are claiming. A lot of things had to happen for big three to be formed. If you dissect every situation in 2010 and before you'll know what I am talking about. Let's just see one of them: Had LeBron won the championship in Cleveland he would never leave. Now are you saying he intentionally didn't win a championships just so he could leave his hometown and play with Wade and Bosh? Don't be blind, let the hatred go for a second, and use a bit of brain and rationality.

naps
03-11-2012, 07:30 AM

Complete OWNAGE.

Pat Riley has the smartest brain in the business. He's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too smart to do anything illegal. The man knows what the **** is up in this business better than anybody else. The real ****ing God Father. The Don.