PDA

View Full Version : carmelo & stat for kobe & pau.. who wins?

Yunqn
03-09-2012, 05:42 PM
please before you run down to the comment section and post without reading a word as to why.. just know that this isnt real and i nor do i think it would happen.. so please dont say it would never happen.. i never asked for your prediction.. just your opinion on if it did.. if all sides agreed to it

who would win this deal?

why for the lakers?

the lakers would actually want this more than the knicks imo.. heres why

by the 2013/14 season the cba starts to kick in.. and kobe & pau are due for 49.7 million together.. they are also going to be paying ron artest & steve blake 11.7 million the same year.. thats 61.4 million from just 4 players ..but heres the bigger problem.. andrew bynum would need a new contract.. and by then if healthy until the 2013-14 season imo andrew bynum would be a top 10 player.. kobe 36,artest 35, blake 35,pau 34, bynum 27

getting carmelo gives them a longer window with a younger franchise face to go along with who is on pace to be the franchise face with the current team in a few years in bynum..

they dont have to keep amare but getting amare gives them atleast a allstar replacement for the time being and a amnesty candidate.. the lakers would also save 7 million after the trade something they been recently wanting to do..

imo the lakers franchise is going to be crippled in 3 years if they dont make a big move to move these horrid contracts.. yes its kobe & pau but with the new cba having a longer and cheaper window is a must..

why for the knicks

your getting shorter contracts and uprgrading the current talent level..you upgrade from amare to gasol..melo to kobe..imo kobe wouldnt block a deal like this.. because if it surfaced he would say f***k l.a just like shaq who was in kobes shoes being the man in l.a and having a contract teams dont want to have..if michael jordan peyton manning and etc can play for diff teams then so could kobe..

kobe would love ny.. kobe would love to play more with dantoni then a mike brown.. and the knicks imo would be incredibly deep with better players..

i really dont see why the knicks would do it as much as the lakers but the knicks would get rid of the extra years on amare and take the currently better players.. imo the knicks are lost with the direction they really want.. there just trying to get all the best talent without finding fit and roles...gasol would be a better fit next to chandler & lin and would know his role with the knicks.. can kobe coexist with lin? idk but i feel lin would have the upmost respect of playing with a kobe and do w.e it took to fit..i just feel carmelo is lost in what he needs to bring.. kobe has never felt that way before....

carmelo imo fits better as the guy who has a dominat low post guy to be the better option and then carmelo can play his game in the needed moments..kobe still has gasol and imo fits wit a pg who can put him in certain spots so he can stop going acorn throughout the game but still use his talents when its kobe time..this is just my opinion..

shep33
03-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Listen I'm a Laker fan, but I'm a big fan of Melo + Stat... that being said, I'd keep Kobe + Pau in a heartbeat.

Realistically based on this season alone:
-Kobe > Melo in almost every statistical category
-Pau > Amare in almost every statistical category

Not to say I think Melo + Amare are bad players, but I wouldn't trade two proven champions who have been to the finals 3 times in the past 4 years.

I don't think the Knicks would do it either, why would they want Kobe's contract? Melo is 6 years younger than Kobe too

Birdmannn
03-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Knicks would win if the deal were to happen.

xxplayerxx23
03-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Woah woah woah, Knicks win this for now but future wise not knicks wouldnt have one.

Papa Moose
03-13-2012, 11:25 AM
knicks win

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Melo is over rated.