PDA

View Full Version : Clips are 7-8 since Billups injury

cyph34
03-08-2012, 11:34 PM
I think this may be a combination of Billups out and Vinny's bad coaching that has caused this, but I feel like Clips have lost a bunch of games they should've won, so maybe majority of the blame of this losing streak (even without Billups) should go to Vinny

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-08-2012, 11:37 PM
I called it when Billups had his injury that they would miss his leadership. Instead, they have been getting to slow starts and problems closing games.

Clippers fans called me delusional saying JR Smith would come to the rescue. When that didn't happen, they said that Bledsoe, Mo Williams or Foye would fill that void. They were giving me all the statistics etc., but they fail to realize that you can put all those guys together and they still wouldn't bring that veteran leadership and experience that Chauncey brought to the team.

Also, Chauncey was the only guy on that team to play an NBA Finals game and winning a championship. (Butler won a title last season with the Mavs, but his injury hindered him from actually playing in the finals).

Hawkeye15
03-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Billups being gone hurts. The Wolves were on fire and won a game they really had no business winning in one of those games, but were the better team the next game around. Their wing play is a concern, and Jordan simply can't create offense, and the Clips are surrendering points in the paint. Blake must establish himself as a better rebounder and defender, and its time for CP3 to take over the scoring load if he must.

Crackadalic
03-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Billups was a big part for there winning. Just can't keep himself healthy

Gram
03-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Miss Chauncey. <3

Gritz
03-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Sucks

ManRam
03-09-2012, 12:05 AM
It's weird, because a lot of people felt Chauncey was hurting the Clips for a while early in the season.

It definitely does hurt, but I don't think he's THAT big of a difference. It impacts their depth significantly, but I think they kind of overachieved a little to start the season in the first place. They have an absolutely elite PG, and a flashy PF...but after that they have a lot of one-dimensional players. I still think it's gonna take some time. Blake has some growing to do, as does the team's chemistry.

Also, 13 of their last 17 games have been road games (soon to be 14 of 18). That's unreal. Winning on the road isn't easy...granted, they've been losing to teams a true contender should handle on the road.

I think Billups matters, I just think this is all way more complex than just him being hurt.

Chronz
03-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Id like to know who you guys have been speaking to that were saying losing Chauncey was no big deal. And losing Chauncey has magnified the problem but I had a feeling the losing streak was coming, we all knew this was going to be the roughest patch of the year with us finally going on long road trips.

As for losing close games, thats just the way the game works, its folly to try and blame anyone for those when most of those come down to luck one way or another. We've been bailed out by CP3 far too often, it was inevitable that we fall back down to earth, especially without Big Shot.

So while I say dont blame him for losing close games, I say you blame them all for being involved in so many of them. Some nights the opposition gets hot, but the games we've lost we should have won comfortably, not barely. All I can do is hope Caron wakes up, we desperately miss his consistent scoring early in the year. Its one thing when Foye struggles, but not our biggest Free Agent acquisition.

Avenged
03-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Not surprising. This guy was a steal for the Clippers. Sucks he has to be gone for the season.

Hawkeye15
03-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Id like to know who you guys have been speaking to that were saying losing Chauncey was no big deal. And losing Chauncey has magnified the problem but I had a feeling the losing streak was coming, we all knew this was going to be the roughest patch of the year with us finally going on long road trips.

As for losing close games, thats just the way the game works, its folly to try and blame anyone for those when most of those come down to luck one way or another. We've been bailed out by CP3 far too often, it was inevitable that we fall back down to earth, especially without Big Shot.

So while I say dont blame him for losing close games, I say you blame them all for being involved in so many of them. Some nights the opposition gets hot, but the games we've lost we should have won comfortably, not barely. All I can do is hope Caron wakes up, we desperately miss his consistent scoring early in the year. Its one thing when Foye struggles, but not our biggest Free Agent acquisition.

Not sure who would think the Clips wouldn't have missed Billups haha, but ok.

What were you expecting out of Butler? Honest question. He hasn't been the same efficient 2-way player consistently for a couple of years before this one. Is he playing that badly?

Sportfan
03-09-2012, 12:24 AM
:clap: Get your pick in the top 20 please :pray:

I think they'll make a move at the deadline to shore up on the lack of bench depth

Sota4Ever
03-09-2012, 12:30 AM
I think their early success was just because of there easy schedule. I figured they would come back to earth. Also the loss of Billups hurt them a lot.

Deemerc
03-09-2012, 12:30 AM
billups wouldnt have been able to help hump throw griffins **** the other night