PDA

View Full Version : What makes Carmelo Anthony so great?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

CudiOnMyiPod
03-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Many of you (especially Knicks fans) know that Carmelo is my least favorite player. I think he is a loser and quite honestly isn't that good.

Knicks fans treat him as some superstar, once in a lifetime talent and one guy in the last thread said he is worth the entire Dallas Maverick franchise whick irked the **** out of me.

That said, I still have yet to see someone prove why they think he is great. Besides the classic "lol your an idiot you just think Carmelo sucks because he is a Knick" argument by many Knicks fans, there has not been one legitimate argument.

He averages 24.8 ppg for his career. Ok, he can score.

Does that transition over to the playoffs?

2003-2004: 15.0 ppg on 32% shooting. Denver is swept.

2004-2005: 19.2 ppg on 42% shooting. Denver loses in 5.

2005-2006: 21.0 ppg on 33% shooting. Denver loses in 5.

2006-2007: 26.8 ppg on 48% shooting. Denver loses in 5.

2007-2008: 22.5 ppg on 36% shooting. Denver gets swept.

2008-2009: 27.2 ppg on 45% shooting. Denver loses in WCF.

2009-2010: 30.7 ppg on 46% shooting. Denver loses in 6.

2010-2011: 26.0 ppg on 37% shooting. New York gets swept.

This season 21.2 ppg on 40% shooting. The Knicks are 11-17 when Carmelo plays and are 2-5 ever since he returned after going 7-1 without him.

So please, aside from 2 or 3 years of dominating scoring, what has he done?

WadeKobe
03-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Many of you (especially Knicks fans) know that Carmelo is my least favorite player. I think he is a loser and quite honestly isn't that good.

Knicks fans treat him as some superstar, once in a lifetime talent and one guy in the last thread said he is worth the entire Dallas Maverick franchise whick irked the **** out of me.

That said, I still have yet to see someone prove why they think he is great. Besides the classic "lol your an idiot you just think Carmelo sucks because he is a Knick" argument by many Knicks fans, there has not been one legitimate argument.

This season 21.2 ppg on 40% shooting. The Knicks are 11-17 when Carmelo plays and are 2-5 ever since he returned after going 7-1 without him.

Carmelo Anthony has all the talent in the world. IMO, he is with Wade and James as the 3 most overall talented players in the game right now in their prime.

Melo just lacks the basketball IQ, and makes himself a useless chucker on offense and refuses to try to play any defense. I'm not sure he's even in my top10 players in the NBA.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Carmelo Anthony has all the talent in the world. IMO, he is with Wade and James as the 3 most overall talented players in the game right now in their prime.

Melo just lacks the basketball IQ, and makes himself a useless chucker on offense and refuses to try to play any defense. I'm not sure he's even in my top10 players in the NBA.

Yes but there is a difference between talent and being a good NBA player. Gerald Green had the talent to be like Tracy McGrady but he didn't want to play defense, wanted to take every shot, thought dunking and threes were everything, and just wasn't smart at all.

I have him in my top 25. I mean scoring 24 ppg for a career is impressive butif you look past that, he isn't that great.

Avenged
03-08-2012, 08:30 PM
He's not a top 10 player for sure.

I question if whether he's top 15 this season as well.. The guy has the potential to be good, and can be good but it just isn't working for him this season. The thing he does best (score) isn't even going for him.

stawka
03-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Who said he's "so great"?

Never been a fan of clowns who can't play D -- Melo, Amare, Nash (though I feel bad for him)

He needs to man up, use his strengths on the offensive side (size, strength, speed) and start implementing some ****ing defense into his game

Chill_Will_24
03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
He isnt.. i actuall prefer Iggy over him but thats just my opinion.

Who am i? Hold the ball 19 seconds.. jab step... jab step... fade away mid-range shot... then decide if i feel like playing defense on the other end or let Chandler handle it...

kmo429
03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Nothing. One time superstar, hes absolute garbage now though

LTBaByyy
03-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Monta Ellis does the same exact thing he does and gets no credit!!

But Monta = Solid Player. Melo = Top 15 Player?

The clutch 4th quarter is the only thing that makes Melo stand out, he s not even that good to me.

He makes no one better. If he was on the Hornets they would still be the worst team

But a top 10/15 player on the Hornets would make them at least a playoff team

WadeKobe
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Yes but there is a difference between talent and being a good NBA player. Gerald Green had the talent to be like Tracy McGrady but he didn't want to play defense, wanted to take every shot, thought dunking and threes were everything, and just wasn't smart at all.

I have him in my top 25. I mean scoring 24 ppg for a career is impressive butif you look past that, he isn't that great.

I agree.

Avenged
03-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Monta Ellis does the same exact thing he does and gets no credit!!

But Monta = Solid Player. Melo = Top 15 Player?

The clutch 4th quarter is the only thing that makes Melo stand out, he s not even that good to me.

He makes no one better. If he was on the Hornets they would still be the worst team

But a top 10/15 player on the Hornets would make them at least a playoff team

Melo and Monta are right on par this season. I actually think Monta is having a slightly better season.. Melo is capable of more though and I fully expect him to pick it up. When Melo is on his game, there is no question that he is better than Monta.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Melo and Monta are right on par this season. I actually think Monta is having a slightly better season.. Melo is capable of more though and I fully expect him to pick it up. When Melo is on his game, there is no question that he is better than Monta.

Well yeah. I expect him to finish the year averaging around 22 ppg but on something like 42% FG.

And when the playoffs come around I'd bet that he shoots borderline 40%.

Knick_Fever
03-08-2012, 08:58 PM
I am a die hard knicks fan and have been my whole life. I understand where you are coming from when it comes to knick fans and Melo. Before the trade I didn't think Melo was great, a great scorer but thats it. Everything else he was awful at and definitely was not on my list of players that I wish were traded to NY. But when I heard he was coming, I was like WOW! MELO IS COMING TO NY! I was so optimistic about him fitting in great for us and all of the sudden we had one of the greatest players in the game. I don't know what it is with us Knicks fans and overrating our players. I really can't explain that and I admit it we are overly-optimisitic. The fact is we got our hopes way up on Melo and now we face the consequences. Melo is not a player that can work in D'Antoni's system. Everyone of us Knicks fans said he will work fine with Lin, the all he needs to do is catch and shoot. The problem is... HE CANT! Give him the ball and team ball suddenly stops. He puts his head down and goes into a predictable motion that usually works but kills team continuity. I still remain hopeful because hey, I am a Knicks fan, and if I let reality sink in... Im in a world of hurt.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-08-2012, 09:02 PM

I surprisingly agree with most of this. I dont know if I would consider him a "useless chucker" but IQ does seem to be his issue right now.

Crackadalic
03-08-2012, 09:03 PM

Look at who he face in those playoff series. Three of them became nba champs

Not gonna deny melo is having a ****** season and looks lost. Idk what happen. We played the same system and he was average career numbers in TS% and efg% and his short stint last season. Now he can't find his shot and is hesitant in becoming a star because people label him a ballhog even though he average a career best 4 assist with players who couldnt hit shots early in the season

Last night he put no effort and look lackluster which piss me off. As a leader of this team he look pathetic. Hopefully he picks it up in the next two months because right now I don't like what I see now.

Still think he is a top 15 player. Just not this season

Knick_Fever
03-08-2012, 09:03 PM
I have to say that when Melo was out and Lin ran the show, I have never felt such an inspiration like that other than the days of Ewing but that was the last time. I seriously teared up several times watching Lin take over during that winning streak that included great defense, passing, and bench play. The adrenaline that I felt was unbelievable. Melo came back and that all disappeared.

Slimsim
03-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Why did you choose Carmelo to start another 20 page thread with troll comments ? Mods Will i get ban if i start multiple threads about other stars and it leads to baiting and trolling ?

Slimsim
03-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Didnt seem to be a problem 2 weeks ago when they were winning...

Wait till Lebron miss another game winner

Gritz
03-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I'd take him

shep33
03-08-2012, 09:20 PM
As a Laker fan, I think he's a great player. He doesn't know what he's doing out there with all the personnel changes, and he's never played in an offense like this before. Give him time, it's only been like 36 games.

Green_Monster
03-08-2012, 09:20 PM
I have to say that when Melo was out and Lin ran the show, I have never felt such an inspiration like that other than the days of Ewing but that was the last time. I seriously teared up several times watching Lin take over during that winning streak that included great defense, passing, and bench play. The adrenaline that I felt was unbelievable. Melo came back and that all disappeared.

Fully agreed. They were doing awesome when Melo was out.

Didnt seem to be a problem 2 weeks ago when they were winning...

:burn:

Slimsim
03-08-2012, 09:23 PM
As a Laker fan, I think he's a great player. He doesn't know what he's doing out there with all the personnel changes, and he's never played in an offense like this before. Give him time, it's only been like 36 games.

you give me hope that PSD isn't full of hate :)

xILLN355
03-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Why did you choose Carmelo to start another 20 page thread with troll comments ? Mods Will i get ban if i start multiple threads about other stars and it leads to baiting and trolling ?

Only one baiting is yourself. And refer to your other comment towards justinum and that is trolling.
So please, for the love of god, stop.

koberulesall
03-08-2012, 09:29 PM
he should have stuck with the denver nuggets if that squad could have stuck together with billups they could have been a real threat this year

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-08-2012, 09:31 PM
To me, Carmelo Anthony hasn't shown any improvements since the 2009 WCF. At that time, everyone was saying how he was the best offensive player in the game and the most clutch.

He hasn't done anything of significance since then. I don't think Carmelo gets bashed enough for his lack of success.

jimm120
03-08-2012, 09:35 PM

Lol, i love what you wrote there. Isn't that one of the most ******** things ever!? I think that if you put anyone up there aside for Kobe and Duncan, it would look bad lol.

Really? Hell, even Wade with his "measly" 1 win and other losses and missed playoffs would look pathetic too. Lebron would look atrocious. Durant would be nothing!

Just saying. During the 2003-2010, the West was the top monster. Only last season and this season has the east even been somewhat of a threat...and even then, the West is still stronger.

Melo made the Nuggets a playoff team from the beginning and kept them there. Plus, he managed to get them high seeds in an era in which teams like Lakers, spurs, etc were so, so dominant.

Just saying. that part of your argument sounded like how Fox News and those redneck ultraconservatives in the "red states" twist things. Just saying.

xILLN355
03-08-2012, 09:35 PM
you give me hope that PSD isn't full of hate :)

As you say "wait til Lebron misses another game winner"
You sir are the definition of hypocrite

SeoulBeatz
03-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Well, when he gives a damn he's easily a top 3 scorer in this league.

obviously he has value, but Amare is not the right piece to have next to him.

Give em Dwight and they'll be set, although that can be said for almost any team.

xILLN355
03-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Lol, i love what you wrote there. Isn't that one of the most ******** things ever!? I think that if you put anyone up there aside for Kobe and Duncan, it would look bad lol.

Really? Hell, even Wade with his "measly" 1 win and other losses and missed playoffs would look pathetic too. Lebron would look atrocious. Durant would be nothing!

Just saying. During the 2003-2010, the West was the top monster. Only last season and this season has the east even been somewhat of a threat...and even then, the West is still stronger.

Melo made the Nuggets a playoff team from the beginning and kept them there. Plus, he managed to get them high seeds in an era in which teams like Lakers, spurs, etc were so, so dominant.

Just saying. that part of your argument sounded like how Fox News and those redneck ultraconservatives in the "red states" twist things. Just saying.

Well of course, he lost all credibility saying he hates melo. Lol

NoahH
03-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Most gifted scorer in the nba

Kashmir13579
03-08-2012, 10:05 PM
He's not a top 10 player for sure.

I question if whether he's top 15 this season as well.. The guy has the potential to be good, and can be good but it just isn't working for him this season. The thing he does best (score) isn't even going for him.

He is not top 50 this year. He is one of the worst players in the NBA this year.

NYKSpiritBomb
03-08-2012, 10:09 PM
he smokes too much pot

jam
03-08-2012, 10:16 PM
...which gives him the munchies and makes him chubby and slow.

SmartestGuyHere
03-08-2012, 10:21 PM
So true, I wouldn't trade Melo for the entire Mav's roster. Its full of trash, OP is mad. If Deron and Howard don't sign this summer, the Mavs will be mediocre for the next 5-10 years. (Dirk isn't worth Melo at this age, don't even argue.)

IndiansFan337
03-08-2012, 10:23 PM
His ability to score in so many different types of isolation situations. However, those isolations often cause his teammates to struggle due to the lack of ball movement.

toovey107
03-08-2012, 10:24 PM
:laugh2: People claiming he was a top 5 player.

Ebbs
03-08-2012, 10:24 PM
This is getting silly IMO.

Carmelo Anthony is one of the premiere players in the game. He is a top 15 player and a top 7 talent. He is struggling this year for a variety of reasons.

The Knicks had no point guard to start the season so they tried to make Melo a point forward which is not at his stick.

Than they brought in Shumpert who forced bad shots and was extremely disruptive to the offense.

Than Amare's brother dies, Melo get's hurt and Lin emerges a hero.

Now Melo is in his first few games back and he's been picking up steam.

No he isn't one of the more efficient scorers but he is a complete scorer when he gets going he can bury teams all over.

He has never been and will never be LeBron. He Won't be KD but he is still the third best SF.

beasted86
03-08-2012, 10:26 PM
D'Antoni was always overrated. He is at fault, Carmelo didn't forget how to play basketball.

George Karl was able to get Carmelo to co-exist with Iverson and there was more than enough shots for both of them. Enough effin said.

jam
03-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Carmelo can score a lot of points, but he relies almost completely on iso's. This stops the offense cold. Other players stop moving and cutting and just stand around and watch. Carmelo's 20-25 ppg can't offset how disruptive he is to the team's ability to get other players involved.

Also, Durant and Carmelo have very different games. Carmelo needs the entire side of his court to operate. Durant can catch and shoot and needs almost no space to work and create his shot. This creates much better spacing for his teammates.

It's important to note that Dirk is a vocal leader and top level clutch player in the most important playoff games. Carmelo has demonstrated neither of these abilities. Instead, he clowns around and goofs off during blow outs and complains if he has to come back into a game once he's decided to "relax."

This is getting silly IMO.

Carmelo Anthony is one of the premiere players in the game. He is a top 15 player and a top 7 talent. He is struggling this year for a variety of reasons.

The Knicks had no point guard to start the season so they tried to make Melo a point forward which is not at his stick.

Than they brought in Shumpert who forced bad shots and was extremely disruptive to the offense.

Than Amare's brother dies, Melo get's hurt and Lin emerges a hero.

Now Melo is in his first few games back and he's been picking up steam.

No he isn't one of the more efficient scorers but he is a complete scorer when he gets going he can bury teams all over.

He has never been and will never be LeBron. He Won't be KD but he is still the third best SF.

D12 fan
03-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Carmelo is struggling because he's out of shape and chubby,I remember when Melo first came into the league he was a skinny kid,go look at his youtube rookie highlights you can tell he picked up a lot of weight since joining the nba.

Punk
03-08-2012, 10:34 PM
LOL at this thread. Only threads like this pop up when a team is not winning. I have yet to see a "What Makes Deron Williams so great?" considering his team's record. Funny how things work out that way. Knicks were one of the hottest teams in the league and nobody made a thread like this.

He's a great scorer, rebounder, clutch player and a mismatch for any defender. I mean what kind of question is that? His first season with the Nuggets turned them into a playoff team as a rookie. Nobody hasn't done it since.

It's really sad and pathetic how PSD wants to make him the bad guy. Since day 1, he said he wanted to be a Knick. I noticed how the opinion about him changed drastically.

He's had the most injuries of his career this season and he's shooting the lowest percentage since his rookie season despite all that, he's not the problem. Amare clearly is.

Amare at Center due to Tyson Chandler being out with a hamstring injury gives up 54 points in the paint and finished the game with a -21 in +/-. The Knicks WITH Chandler give up 30 points in the paint per game.

You tell me who's the problem. People want to see what they want.

Avenged
03-08-2012, 10:36 PM
He is not top 50 this year. He is one of the worst players in the NBA this year.

Wouldn't go that far (although not sure if this is sarcasm)? I wouldn't drop off a player who had an argument at top 10 a few months ago to not even being 50. The talent and skill is still there, he's just struggling at the moment.

Kashmir13579
03-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Wouldn't go that far (although not sure if this is sarcasm)? I wouldn't drop off a player who had an argument at top 10 a few months ago to not even being 50. The talent and skill is still there, he's just struggling at the moment.

He is struggling this year. If you consider that to be "the moment" - so be-it. He is one of the worst players at the moment. I wasn't being sarcastic.

Ebbs
03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
I just hate how after being a top end player since he stepped into the league half a season has people turning completely on him.

There are still very few players I'd take over him.

smith&wesson
03-08-2012, 10:43 PM
he is top 3 at his position.

jam
03-08-2012, 10:43 PM
I just hate how after being a top end player since he stepped into the league half a season has people turning completely on him.

When you crap on your old team, sign a $65 million extension with a new team, and then proceed to play .500 basketball with said new team (which was stupid enough to trade away half the team in return), you invite criticism.

Do you expect fans to throw roses at his feet when "his" team is 3 games under .500?

xxplayerxx23
03-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Started off alright, Scoring well in the begginning, Then got hurt, Amares brother died, lin went hero, He comes back and is starting to pick it up. they need chemstry and all in all a new coach, and a new system. But melo is still a top 12 to 15 player this year didnt realize one bad year off a long lockout could ruin your whole rep and take you away from being a top 10 to 12 player. 2 out of his last 3 he has played well, Looks like he might shake off the rust and start to score and then I can make a thread for the OP Saying something like this is what makes Melo great. Its ok though, because according to most it wont happen, just cant wait till it starts to happen

Ebbs
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
The fact the finger is being pointed at Melo for the Knicks problems is comical to me.

Dan'toni and a lack of depth are far bigger issues. I think people forget Carmelo was keeping them in games earlier this season before linsanity.

Kashmir13579
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
LOL at this thread. Only threads like this pop up when a team is not winning. I have yet to see a "What Makes Deron Williams so great?" considering his team's record. Funny how things work out that way. Knicks were one of the hottest teams in the league and nobody made a thread like this.
The Knicks were one of hte hottest teams when 'Melo and Amar'e weren't playing.

His first season with the Nuggets turned them into a playoff team as a rookie.
Is that a fact? They acquired some other pretty good players that year, who by the numbers had a better season than 'Melo. EDIT: I still think 'Melo should've been ROY over James.

It's really sad and pathetic how PSD wants to make him the bad guy. Since day 1, he said he wanted to be a Knick. I noticed how the opinion about him changed drastically. The opinions of trolls changed.

You tell me who's the problem. People want to see what they want.
Just as you saw 'Melo playing with heart and hustle last night, when he shot 50% for the like the 3rd time this year.

I saw him staring at rebounds and loose balls and i did not want to see that.

smith&wesson
03-08-2012, 10:47 PM
he lead denver to all those playoff apearences in a very strong western conference at the time ... how is that a bad thing ? and he went as far as the wcf's... and the op acts like his career is over... he can still prove ALOT!

jam
03-08-2012, 10:51 PM
News flash: he's not playing for denver any more.

Dankster
03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
He is struggling this year. If you consider that to be "the moment" - so be-it. He is one of the worst players at the moment. I wasn't being sarcastic.

You used to be one of the more credible knick posters. Your hyperbolic statements are pretty pathetic to say the least..congratulations on hating on your own team...It's ok to to dissect a persons game and view everything they do--good and bad..It's another thing to just start spewing hate for the sake of it...LOL and ur a syracuse guy...Whatever...

xxplayerxx23
03-08-2012, 10:58 PM
News flash: he's not playing for denver any more.

News flash this is his 1st full year with his new team, and the new team keeps bringing new pieces that play different styles around him takes a while to adjust, dont worry Come Playoff time yes I said Playoff time it will be different, Could we be looking at another 99 season?:D

ewmania
03-08-2012, 11:10 PM
and the 2012 troll award goes to... not you

but try again next year

Kashmir13579
03-08-2012, 11:32 PM
You used to be one of the more credible knick posters. Your hyperbolic statements are pretty pathetic to say the least..congratulations on hating on your own team...It's ok to to dissect a persons game and view everything they do--good and bad..It's another thing to just start spewing hate for the sake of it...LOL and ur a syracuse guy...Whatever...

LOL. Why are you so mad, though? Does it have something to do with the level of play from Carmelo Anthony?

I've been an avid 'Melo critic ever since i stopped drinking the cool-aid. His offensive game is flawed plain and simple. If you cared to look into it you would see. TBH i don't know how you can't see simply from watching 60+ games of him hoisting up terrible shots. Seeing guys like Landry Fields and Amar'e LOSE ALL CONFIDENCE and flow in their offensive game. He is a black hole and the more i think on it, those teams in Denver were pretty much catered to him. With the players we have right now, 'Melo can't be 'Melo. It won't work.

I can't tell you how quickly i would trade 'Melo for Iggy, shooters, and picks. Or any other number of respectable packages we could get for him. We could win right now, and not have to wait for 'Melo to become altruistic. These players are buying into the SYSTEM, they aren't buying into 'Melo.

There is a thread in the Knick forum right now about how flawed and broken our offense is with the combinations of 'Melo/Amar'e/Lin. Please go read it if you haven't. It isn't all on 'Melo but he is a HUGE part of the problem. The offense part is bad, the defense part is worse. Jared Jeffries and Steve Novak are essentially worth more to our success than 'Melo and Amar'e.

C_Mund
03-08-2012, 11:37 PM

But being a top end player, shouldn't he be able to move to a new team and make them better while his former team regresses? If you move any other of the top-ten players in the league wouldn't they almost undoubtedly and instantly make their new team better?
He's a prime candidate for Bill Simmons' "Patrick Ewing Corollary," wherein a good player dominates his own team so much that the overall product of that team is better without them.

Sadds The Gr8
03-08-2012, 11:56 PM
he's the most overrated player of the past decade.

flatbush knicks
03-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Lol seriously

Eagles4Lyfe
03-09-2012, 01:31 AM
The guys the best pure scorer in the league and has so many ways of scoring lol is this thread a joke??

Sadds The Gr8
03-09-2012, 01:38 AM
The guys the best pure scorer in the league and has so many ways of scoring lol is this thread a joke??

Durant.

Rego247
03-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Durant.

Agreed. Durant plays like he's in a video game.

smith&wesson
03-09-2012, 02:32 AM
ok so he is the 2nd best pure scorer that still makes him elite.

Sadds The Gr8
03-09-2012, 02:37 AM
ok so he is the 2nd best pure scorer that still makes him elite.

an elite scorer? maybe...

an elite overall player? no.

I think Kobe, Lebron and Wade are better scorers...so he's 5th at best IMO.

smith&wesson
03-09-2012, 02:51 AM
an elite scorer? maybe...

an elite overall player? no.

I think Kobe, Lebron and Wade are better scorers...so he's 5th at best IMO.

if he is a top 15 overall out of 450 players that pretty much makes him elite in my book. but i agree that he isnt a great two way player.

Sadds The Gr8
03-09-2012, 02:59 AM
if he is a top 15 overall out of 450 players that pretty much makes him elite in my book. but i agree that he isnt a great two way player.

I don't think being a top 15 makes him elite. He doesn't score as well as Durant and Kobe, and he doesn't dominate the game in many phases like Wade and Lebron.

BklynKnicks3
03-09-2012, 06:32 AM
so clueless the fact that he has no flaws on offfense is clutch. There is nothing wrong with his defense he is ok on d

JNA17
03-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I think most Knicks fans don't want to admit the fact that they made a huge mistake trading 80% of their team (Gallo, Chandler, Felton, etc) for this guy. The fact that the Knicks are actually worse with Melo record wise is amusing.

flclfanman
03-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Melo needs to expand his game. He's a great scorer but he's got to learn to move better without the ball. You'll remember when Linsanity was running wild and the Knicks were ACTUALLY running sets and had ball movement? Because they had no Ballhawks to bog down the offense. If Melo could improve that he could suck defenders away from the ball action.

With Melo his effort is nice, but predictable: ISO, jab step/rocker step, optional spin move fadeaway with EVERYONE of his mates just watching on like statues; just to watch him trot back on defense and give up more points.

flclfanman
03-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I think most Knicks fans don't want to admit the fact that they made a huge mistake trading 80% of their team (Gallo, Chandler, Felton, etc) for this guy. The fact that the Knicks are actually worse with Melo record wise is amusing.

And to think Denver wanted Noah AND Deng for him

Looney Tunes :crazy:

He115ing
03-09-2012, 10:16 AM

Maybe go on the Knicks forum before you generealize and insult a whole fan base. There are many Knicks fans who are not happy with how Melo is playing and many who are not even happy that he is on the team. So I have no idea where you get your info from. Plus since you already said that Melo is your least favorite player, it makes your opinion completely biased and subjective, so to me whatever you say has 0 credibility.

STA_PLAR
03-09-2012, 10:27 AM
This has to be Melo's worst season as of yet. I still would take him on my team any day. He is clutch. They stole the ROY award from him in his first season.

His playoff performances have not been great but he still has time.

Honestly, he is a underrated rebounder for a SF.

He hasn't made the knicks worse (I'm referring to the POST-Lin era). He definitely made the Knicks worse by forcing that trade last year.

The Knicks are losing to teams they are supposed to as of late ie. (MIA, Boston (was a nail-biter), DAL and SAN).

The Knicks will do better and like all team leaders do he will get the credit. Theres a long way to go before the PLAYOFFS and I am not counting MELO or the KNICKS out of doing some damage.

JesusNYY_Savior
03-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Just my opinion and I honestly don't know why but since melo won at cuss he has always been my favorite player in the league

nickdymez
03-09-2012, 10:48 AM
PSD hates the Knicks and Melo. Thats a fact.

Nugget Tony
03-09-2012, 10:57 AM
He's nowhere near great. I used to say it all the time.... Dude is just an average player.

I used to get murdered for suggesting such things as a Nugget Fan in the Nugget forum. I always said we should trade him while his value was high and before he was exposed. LOL....

Sorry N.Y. but Denver made out on that deal and you guys got a over rated spoiled baby who will never bring you a ring..... I would suggest you guys trade him as soon as you can.

His game is lame.....

STA_PLAR
03-09-2012, 11:04 AM
HAHAHAHAHHA I would rather have this struggling Knicks team over the ATLANTA HAWKS of the WEST aka the NUGGETS....

and we got JR SMITH Chauncey Billups (who became Tyson Chandler) and Carmelo Anthony for I forgot who those guys are lol

Nuggets aint ISH

3RDASYSTEM
03-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Sounds alot like KB minus WILT his first 8yrs and pre GASOL/BYNUM combo

Melo was puttin up 34per game before AI joined him and that kind of killed his momentum as far as putting up those crazy scoring numbers,but him and KB are what they are..pure scorers/shooters

celtNYpatsHeels
03-09-2012, 11:26 AM

I dont think you can call him a loser. He single handedly won a national title at Syracuse.

Melo has the best offensive game in the NBA. He has NO weakness. However, he refuses to play defense.

In Denver, they were a legit threat to make a finals run but they ran into a better Lakers team. Thats what happens in the NBA.

xILLN355
03-09-2012, 05:19 PM
HAHAHAHAHHA I would rather have this struggling Knicks team over the ATLANTA HAWKS of the WEST aka the NUGGETS....

and we got JR SMITH Chauncey Billups (who became Tyson Chandler) and Carmelo Anthony for I forgot who those guys are lol

Nuggets aint ISH

atlantas better then the knicks though? :confused:

JayW_1023
03-09-2012, 05:40 PM
The Bernard King of this generation. But Bernard King was much, much better.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
The Op always bashes the knicks and I can always count on Jus, Chil, etc etc to join in on a Knicks bash thread.. Typical psd.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Funny how this guy has left out how many NBA champions he lost to as well as playing Boston 1 on 5 last season and having probably one of the best post season games last year with no help. It's ok , keep trolling

AIRMAR72
03-09-2012, 10:21 PM
His ability to score in so many different types of isolation situations. However, those isolations often cause his teammates to struggle due to the lack of ball movement.

this post is worded as if you were talking about kobe but in reality both kobe and melo are the same exact type of players..but the media is at fault for hyping these guys... oh they can score in so many ways(by taking how many shots) and blah blah...oh he just need some talent around him and blah blah melo is very good scorer but the is far from being great

AIRMAR72
03-09-2012, 10:25 PM

goodlord those numbers almost replicate kobe, wow they are the same type of players numbers dont lie neither does the ball

bulldog312
03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
I hate Melo, and always have. Not hate him personally or hate him as in I'm rooting against him, but I completely hate his game. It's why I was 100% against the Bulls trading Noah for him. One of the most important questions you can ask about any player is, "Can you win with him?" I don't think you can win championships with Melo. And the past 2 years have only given credibility to that thought.

Chill_Will_24
03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
The Op always bashes the knicks and I can always count on Jus, Chil, etc etc to join in on a Knicks bash thread.. Typical psd.

Hell yea! Im there! I feel no shame. Knicks fans make it too much fun. Except a few like Oak and Slim that dont get sensitive so its no fun with them :mad: but most other Knicks fans make bashing the Knicks too much fun.

Feel free to make fun of the Nets :) Although that would be too easy and the equivalent of making fun of a special ed handicapped kid... :shrug:

EDIT: btw im not trolling when i say that i prefer Iggy to Melo and i feel that Melo is completely overrated and not an elite player; that is really my opinion.

Evolution23
03-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Can't wait till Deron Williams leaves for Dallas and Jersey becomes irrelevant. oh wait they already are irrelevant. I love trolling Nets fans cause theres only 5 of them in the whole world.

nyKnicks126
03-10-2012, 04:31 PM
I am a Knicks fan and I have been one since the mid 90s. to me it's an easy question.... and from what I have seen from him on the KNICKS so far, He is not great at all. Another NYC product playing for his home town team and he blew it just like Marbury.

D12 fan
03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Melo is just a scorer,who plays no defense.Once he gives it all on both sides of the ball he could be a top 10 player.

DoMeFavors
03-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Carmelo has never won anything in his lifetime, he is so overated..Nets without Brook Lopez and depth worse than the Knicks have 4 less wins than the Knicks. Deron is much better. Melo and his team were to busy smoking weed in college and without help he would have never won anything. Against the Celtics when he scored 38 or whatever he still lost.

GodsSon
03-10-2012, 04:54 PM
I've been saying it for years and I'll say it again...

Carmelo is a slightly better scoring, but more highly hyped Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson.

xxplayerxx23
04-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Bump :D

2-ONE-5
04-12-2012, 02:08 PM
he is so great bcuz he gets away with pushing defenders off him every time he enters the lane. its such a joke. he pretty much sitff arms defenders and he gets the call or there is no call.

goNYgoNYgo
04-12-2012, 02:08 PM
bring em out! bring em out! it's hard to yell when barrel is in yo mouth

nycsports2
04-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Bump :D

lol nice.. now i usually dont like melo's demeanor or his hustle but as of recent hes been alot more vocal and showing alot more in the leadership dept than he usually would.. the games are of course getting more competitive this time of yr and i think were seeing what type of player carmelo really is when hes playing 100%... i LOVE seeing him after beating the bulls bringing the team to center court and also him playing through an injury that was obviously bothering him last night is a huge plus... watch melo's d for the rest of the year folks im guaranteeing you right now its on point and everyone will see the type of player he really is

nycsports2
04-12-2012, 02:10 PM
he is so great bcuz he gets away with pushing defenders off him every time he enters the lane. its such a joke. he pretty much sitff arms defenders and he gets the call or there is no call.

you are right lol saw it all night last night

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 02:14 PM
lml at all of you kobe had shag wade had shaq celtics had big 4s melo had a bunch of role players his whole career now he has amare but is on his down fell with injuries yall act like winning is so easy to do in playoffs were your the only guy who can score on his own with a chucker like jr smith on team melo is a top 5 player its a ****ing shame he came to ny for help and amare playing like he 36 years old out there and last year in playoffs they was lookin gud first rd then had 2 stars go down watch the damn game and stop looking at stats for answers and bashing someone

NYKnickFanatic
04-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Carmelo has never won anything in his lifetime, he is so overated..Nets without Brook Lopez and depth worse than the Knicks have 4 less wins than the Knicks. Deron is much better. Melo and his team were to busy smoking weed in college and without help he would have never won anything. Against the Celtics when he scored 38 or whatever he still lost.

Says the guy who wanted him on the Nets so bad and guaranteed he was getting traded to New Jersey, right?

If he was on the Nets I bet you would feel differently about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDw48rY_nW8

jules77
04-12-2012, 02:23 PM
He injured his wrist thats why he has such un carmelo like shooting and scoring #'s this season

Stinkyoutsider
04-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Maybe we think of Anthony in terms of just scoring. If that's the case, I agree that he's a top player. Dude can score from anywhere on the court.

But I think everyone here on this thread is looking at his complete game. Truth is, he doesn't make anyone else around him better at all. Sometimes, he gets focused into the defensive side of the ball and does a decent job there and also finding other people on offense.

With his scoring ability, he should be one of the top pick and roll players in the NBA. He should be setting screens for Davis and Lin and attacking the basket. For some reason, he just doesn't get that though.

I think a lot of fans hold him in high esteem because of his scoring and his potential to be great in other areas of the game. If he just got his mind right, I think he could be a great all-around player. I think he's a good ball handler, athletic, and could possibly take over the game on the defensive end. Problem is, he doesn't get that...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Great one on one player who scores a lot of points inefficiently...thats pretty much it:shrug:

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Maybe we think of Anthony in terms of just scoring. If that's the case, I agree that he's a top player. Dude can score from anywhere on the court.

But I think everyone here on this thread is looking at his complete game. Truth is, he doesn't make anyone else around him better at all. Sometimes, he gets focused into the defensive side of the ball and does a decent job there and also finding other people on offense.

With his scoring ability, he should be one of the top pick and roll players in the NBA. He should be setting screens for Davis and Lin and attacking the basket. For some reason, he just doesn't get that though.

I think a lot of fans hold him in high esteem because of his scoring and his potential to be great in other areas of the game. If he just got his mind right, I think he could be a great all-around player. I think he's a good ball handler, athletic, and could possibly take over the game on the defensive end. Problem is, he doesn't get that...

he doesn't make any one around him better lmaoooo

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Great one on one player who scores a lot of points inefficiently...thats pretty much it:shrug:

sounds like kobe to me

Ezio
04-12-2012, 02:29 PM

Pretty much. If you want a player to take the last shot it's him especially if you don't double. Still laugh at JB for wanting to give up Noah + Deng for Melo :pity:

jules77
04-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Great answer!

jules77
04-12-2012, 02:32 PM
All this Carmelo hate is stupid..and really unwarranted..

FraziersKnicks
04-12-2012, 02:36 PM
sounds like kobe to me

Was just thinking that... :laugh2:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 02:39 PM
so clueless the fact that he has no flaws on offfense is clutch. There is nothing wrong with his defense he is ok on d

he is a worse scorer than lebron, durant, kobe and wade.....so your argument that he has no flaws is invalid

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 02:43 PM
he is a worse scorer than lebron, durant, kobe and wade.....so your argument that he has no flaws is invalid

baiting

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 02:46 PM

compare kobe and melo's stats and you'll see it yourself

baiting

lol...how is telling the truth a baiting:laugh:

Chronz
04-12-2012, 02:47 PM
sounds like kobe to me

Well now that Kobe is old and injured in a lockout year yeah but come playoff time I think he raises his game to a higher degree this year.
Also Kobe tempers his game to fit those around him (usually), Melo tries to do it but with less success. They arent on equal terms in terms of efficiency.

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 02:49 PM
compare kobe and melo's stats and you'll see it yourself

lol...how is telling the truth a baiting:laugh:

lml you think wade and bron better scores then melo they cant score in a zone to save their life

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 02:53 PM
lml you think wade and bron better scores then melo they cant score in a zone to save their life

well...thats like your opinion man

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Well now that Kobe is old and injured in a lockout year yeah but come playoff time I think he raises his game to a higher degree this year.
Also Kobe tempers his game to fit those around him (usually), Melo tries to do it but with less success. They arent on equal terms in terms of efficiency.

kobe has gasol and bynum and refuse to play through them because he wanna take 30 shots he doesnt make them better they had to go get sessions to fed the bigs the ball and melo cant have success passing the ball to fields shumper and struggling jr

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 02:55 PM
well...thats like your opinion man

you havnt watched many heat games have you?

blastmasta26
04-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Ok, what is your definition of "better"? Because Melo does not have the efficiency that they do. While it's true that Melo has one of the best offensive repertoires in the league, that alone does not make him the best scorer in the league. Skills must be used properly, and Melo has not been as effective as Wade or LeBron.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 03:01 PM
you havnt watched many heat games have you?

Well then I guess teams should play zone all the time against the heat, wade and lebron are worthless against it:rolleyes:

nycsports2
04-12-2012, 03:03 PM
lol @ bron and wade being better scorers than melo

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 03:05 PM
lol @ bron and wade being better scorers than melo

sarcasm?

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Ok, what is your definition of "better"? Because Melo does not have the efficiency that they do. While it's true that Melo has one of the best offensive repertoires in the league, that alone does not make him the best scorer in the league. Skills must be used properly, and Melo has not been as effective as Wade or LeBron.

when all of your shots is at the rim your efficiency is going to be better melo been injured all year your argument is true but irrevelant

IIISSKiLL
04-12-2012, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=nycsports2;21732147]lol @ bron and wade being better scorers than melo[/QUOTE

Lebron and Wade are better everything what are you "laughing out loud" at ?

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Well then I guess teams should play zone all the time against the heat, wade and lebron are worthless against it:rolleyes:

thats why they do it in streches during games

Sactown
04-12-2012, 03:09 PM
He isnt.. i actuall prefer Iggy over him but thats just my opinion.

Who am i? Hold the ball 19 seconds.. jab step... jab step... fade away mid-range shot... then decide if i feel like playing defense on the other end or let Chandler handle it...

You gave it away :rolleyes:

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Coming from a Mavs fans, im not surprise a dumb thread was created. Melo is a top 10 player, get over it d***!

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 03:15 PM
lets pause this convo for a second im on a ps3 posting how do i utilise the smiley faces?

Kashmir13579
04-12-2012, 03:18 PM
The dude has been ballin' recently. About effing time.

greg_ory_2005
04-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Haters gonna hate

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Coming from a Mavs fans, im not surprise a dumb thread was created. Melo is a top 10 player, get over it d***!

how in the hell is he a top10 this season???

smith&wesson
04-12-2012, 03:28 PM
carmelo anthony is an elite scorer... and thats about it. thats not really a bad thing though.

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 03:29 PM
how in the hell is he a top10 this season???

Im talking about period....he's a top 10 player period. This season he isn't just like Kobe!

sportscrazed
04-12-2012, 03:40 PM
I think Melo is an elite player so I also think Kobe is too because they are so similar. Bad percentages but still make huge impact on game.

smith&wesson
04-12-2012, 03:53 PM
I think Melo is an elite player so I also think Kobe is too because they are so similar. Bad percentages but still make huge impact on game.

i agree.

if you have watched him latley and factor in his clutchness there will be some respect for his game no doubt.

blastmasta26
04-12-2012, 04:34 PM
when all of your shots is at the rim your efficiency is going to be better melo been injured all year your argument is true but irrevelant
Not just this year though, for their entire careers this has been the case.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-12-2012, 04:43 PM
He is an elite scorer in this league when he wants to be.

He can be an above average- very good defender, when he wants to be.

Unfortunately for the most of the year, he didnt want it bad enough. He finally gets his way. He gets his coach canned, so the offense is better suited to his style. And with that his desire and motivation is back. Since Woodson took over, he is scoring a lot of points with good efficiency and is playing very good D. Its just annoying that he didnt give it his all the entire year, maybe the Knicks would have the 3 or 4 seed.

blastmasta26
04-12-2012, 04:47 PM

Unfortunately for the most of the year, he didnt want it bad enough. He finally gets his way. He gets his coach canned, so the offense is better suited to his style. And with that his desire and motivation is back. Since Woodson took over, he is scoring a lot of points with good efficiency and is playing very good D. Its just annoying that he didnt give it his all the entire year, maybe the Knicks would have the 3 or 4 seed.
Pretty much. Melo played well after coming to NY last season, and now he's playing well in the second half of a lockout shortened season. Odd circumstances to evaluate him as a Knick. Next season, under a coach not named D'Antoni, Melo will have to prove himself by playing consistently the entire year, not just occasionally.

He115ing
04-12-2012, 04:54 PM

Not with Dumbtoni as the coach. I am glad Melo got that idiot of a coach out of here.

Evolution23
04-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Brace yourself
Melo fans are coming back

Nycbball08
04-12-2012, 05:00 PM
The funny thing is, every one you who had something negative to say about Melo deep down wether you admit it or not, would love to have on your team...!

Nycbball08
04-12-2012, 05:09 PM
carmelo anthony is an elite scorer... and thats about it. thats not really a bad thing though.

So I guess Melo has nothing to do with the Knicks defense rank at 1st or 2nd right now ...yea he's just out there running around jacking up shots and playing no d...? is that the best you scrub haters can do..:facepalm:

olm718
04-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Bunch of NY haters. SMH

olm718
04-12-2012, 05:19 PM
So I guess Melo has nothing to do with the Knicks defense rank at 1st or 2nd right now ...yea he's just out there running around jacking up shots and playing no d...? is that the best you scrub haters can do..:facepalm:

These dudes are a bunch of clowns knowing damn right they would love him on their team. They just hate cause its NY. Its ok let them be mad, their frown makes me smile. :D:D:D

xILLN355
04-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Bunch of NY haters. SMH

:facepalm: lmao

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 05:23 PM
if u have to think if he is great u know nothing about basketball and its more like 22 ppg on 42% despite being hurt most of the year now that he is healthy he playing as good as anyone in the league. Clueless people lol at the iggy comment scorned nets fans where on Melo watch everyday now they all hate him

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Durant.

durant has zero post up game and can be pushed around. Melo has no weakness as a scorer

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Funny how this guy has left out how many NBA champions he lost to as well as playing Boston 1 on 5 last season and having probably one of the best post season games last year with no help. It's ok , keep trolling

clueless bias haters

coryd238
04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Kevin Durant is an elite scorer, and that's about it. Boom, I can do it too.

Fact is the hypocrosy between KD and Melo on this board is ****ing amazing. "Melo doesn't play defense or make his teammates better!", KD's an awful defender and averages more turnovers than assists.

But wait it's okay because it's not Melol.

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 05:32 PM

he is not a worse scorer then any of those guys except kobe and durant is neck n neck. Being a pure scorer is not how who avg more points guys like lebron score more on being great athletes then scorers they both get 8 to 10 points a game on fast breaks. You have alot to learn

Greet
04-12-2012, 05:33 PM
durant has zero post up game and can be pushed around. Melo has no weakness as a scorer

....except that Durant is a much more efficient scorer

...and constantly leads the league in points

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 05:34 PM

but still Durant is a way better scorer

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 05:36 PM
he is not a worse scorer then any of those guys except kobe and durant is neck n neck. Being a pure scorer is not how who avg more points guys like lebron score more on being great athletes then scorers they both get 8 to 10 points a game on fast breaks. You have alot to learn

But Lebron scores more than Melo and with a way better efficiency...how is he not a better scorer?

coryd238
04-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Also, Melo has been the underdog in every playoff series that he's lost besides 2010, and don't you even suggest he's the reason we lost.

2004: KG led Timberwolves that lost in the WCF to the Lakers
2005: World Champions Spurs
2006: Lost to the Clippers, although the Nugs were a higher seed, LA had homecourt
2007: Took Spurs to 5 games, who later destroyed Lebron's ******** in the finals.
2008: Finals team Lakers
2009: Lost in WCF to eventual Champions Lakers, would've won series if it wasn't for GK writing up the shittiest in bounds plays of all time.
2010: Jazz, Melo balled his *** off though
2011: Celtics with everyone injured.

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 05:39 PM
....except that Durant is a much more efficient scorer

...and constantly leads the league in points

Durant is double teamed alot less. When durant came in the league he took over a scrub team like melo did and it took him 3 years to get his team in the playoffs. After Westbrook and harden draft picks. How many times has a melo team been in the lottery came to a 17 win team 42 wins or better every year since. When ha melo played with any1 on the level of westbrook besides iverson for 1 year and he avg 28.6 how was his efficiency then. Try again

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 05:40 PM
But Lebron scores more than Melo and with a way better efficiency...how is he not a better scorer?

if u have 5 dunks a game in the open court ofcourse u will be more efficient. Lebron is a better player because of it but better scorer not even close. Lebron may be the best open court player ever but halfcourt basketball he dont come close to many stars.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Durant is double teamed alot less. When durant came in the league he took over a scrub team like melo did and it took him 3 years to get his team in the playoffs. After Westbrook and harden draft picks. How many times has a melo team been in the lottery came to a 17 win team 42 wins or better every year since. When ha melo played with any1 on the level of westbrook besides iverson for 1 year and he avg 28.6 how was his efficiency then. Try again

dont act it was only Melo who came to Denver that season.

Greet
04-12-2012, 05:44 PM

Efficiency isn't about the points per game. Now you're just contradicting yourself. You just said that being a pure scorer isn't about who averages the most points.

Efficiency is about the rate that you score the points. Durant scores at a much better rate (61 TS% vs 51.6)

justinnum1
04-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Not sure.

replace durant with melo and the knicks are a top 3 team imo

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 05:49 PM
if u have 5 dunks a game in the open court ofcourse u will be more efficient. Lebron is a better player because of it but better scorer not even close. Lebron may be the best open court player ever but halfcourt basketball he dont come close to many stars.

And those lebron led cavs team were fastbreak team??:laugh:

Lebron is great in any system...admit it...melo doesnt have that success, he needs certain players around him and needs shots to be effective.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Not sure.

replace durant with melo and the knicks are a top 3 team imo

absolutely, durant is more of a catch and shoot than ISO player

smiddy012
04-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Melo isn't even a top 10 player (except to the homers). There is more to being top 10 than an iso specialist.

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Melo isn't even a top 10 player (except to the homers). There is more to being top 10 than an iso specialist.

he not top 10 he top 5 or 6 this season he is havin a down year due to injuries so he is not top 10,but over last 3 or 4 years he is top 5 or 6. Easily

Greet
04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
he not top 10 he top 5 or 6 this season he is havin a down year due to injuries so he is not top 10,but over last 3 or 4 years he is top 5 or 6. Easily

Easily? Wow. Come on man

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Efficiency isn't about the points per game. Now you're just contradicting yourself. You just said that being a pure scorer isn't about who averages the most points.

Efficiency is about the rate that you score the points. Durant scores at a much better rate (61 TS% vs 51.6)

idc about these nerd stats watch basketball and know it on a high level.

Better jump shot durant everything else better melo including passing. If u start a team u take durant only cause he younger.

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 06:02 PM
dont act it was only Melo who came to Denver that season.

really who did they add its was melo andre miller and a bunch of scrubs

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Easily? Wow. Come on man

ye he is 25 ppg every year great rebounder for a sf. Very good passer,clutch, best % with game on the line, 2nd most game winner to kobe since 2003 i can go on and on. Durant got outplayed bad by dirk last year in the playoffs. Melo out played dirk both times he faced him in the playoffs. Durant also has most help in the nba he has a top 3 or 4 sg in the nba coming of the bench in harden.

STA_PLAR
04-12-2012, 06:06 PM
I wish melo was on my team!!!

smiddy012
04-12-2012, 06:07 PM

lol You do realize that learning has its benefits right?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:07 PM

Better jump shot durant everything else better melo including passing. If u start a team u take durant only cause he younger.

if the stats wont support your favourite player, then they are useless

coryd238
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Lol these people always use these advanced statistics. How many of you actually watch games that your team isn't involved in? Exactly. Stats don't mean ****.

Obviously Durant has been better this year, but that's besides the point. Melo's been hurt all year, had a coach that doesn't cater to his skills, etc. Plus Durant has ****ing westbrook and Harden on his team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:09 PM

smiddy012
04-12-2012, 06:11 PM
I love it when people on PSD preach their word like it's to be worshiped yet can't spell or use grammar for ****. You can't even articulate your argument correctly, nor back up your claims with stats, yet you know the game of basketball as well as God almighty. :facepalm:

smiddy012
04-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Lol these people always use these advanced statistics. How many of you actually watch games that your team isn't involved in? Exactly. Stats don't mean ****.

If this a serious statement, I can't even begin to explain how moronic it is.

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 06:14 PM
if the stats wont support your favourite player, then they are useless

Melo is not my fav player he 2nd. Jamal Crawford my fav then Melo and kobe

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:17 PM

Obviously Durant has been better this year, but that's besides the point. Melo's been hurt all year, had a coach that doesn't cater to his skills, etc. Plus Durant has ****ing westbrook and Harden on his team.

We have watched a lot of knicks games and seen Melo doing his ISO thing as usual. Every other post in this thread is people complaining about Melo's game and how hard is to win with him being the main guy. I have talked with a lot of knicks fans especially when everyone were healthy in NY and they were losing cuz melo was disrupting chemistry with his selfish ISO chucking. They wanted Melo gone, I bet it was the same way in PSD's knicks forum.

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 06:17 PM

u can tell people that actually play ball at a high level dont bring up bs like eff%. Just watch the player and what he can do on the court. When i see melo i see a player with no weakness on offense on defense he alil above avg but now he is improving i always said he better at the 4 can save alot of energy chasing shooters

tr3ymill3r
04-12-2012, 06:19 PM
He is the best offensive player in the league. If he actually put forth effort on defense more often and took the other teams best player down the stretch he'd be considered by everyone as top 5 or top 3. He can post guys up, he can dribble, and can shoot the outside shot, and can get to the basket at will.

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 06:19 PM
We have watched a lot of knicks games and seen Melo doing his ISO thing as usual. Every other post in this thread is people complaining about Melo's game and how hard is to win with him being the main guy. I have talked with a lot of knicks fans especially when everyone were healthy in NY and they were losing cuz melo was disrupting chemistry with his selfish ISO chucking. They wanted Melo gone, I bet it was the same way in PSD's knicks forum.

u prolly spoke to angry asians who hate melo because lin shine is shrinking. Any knick fan with a half of brains knows knicks go as far as melo takes them. Its a anti Ny thing no1 says anything when bulls win with no rose or heat win without wade.

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Brace yourself
Melo fans are coming back

i always was a knick melo fan just didnt have a forum account til tuesday

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 06:22 PM
He is the best offensive player in the league. If he actually put forth effort on defense more often and took the other teams best player down the stretch he'd be considered by everyone as top 5 or top 3. He can post guys up, he can dribble, and can shoot the outside shot, and can get to the basket at will.

refreshing some1 actually under stands ball bunch of john holllingers in here % this efficincy that who cares. Melo offensive game is as complete as their is.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
u can tell people that actually play ball at a high level dont bring up bs like eff%. Just watch the player and what he can do on the court. When i see melo i see a player with no weakness on offense on defense he alil above avg but now he is improving i always said he better at the 4 can save alot of energy chasing shooters

eff% isnt advandced statistics

its a simple stat which adjustes to a fact that 3 point shot is worth one more point.

BklynKnicks3
i never left ask any1 on knicks forum everything i said i been saying since i been on here

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 06:23 PM

its a simple stat which adjustes to a fact that 3 point shot is worth one more point.

i know what it is and means close to nothing game is on the ling i want the ball in melo hands.

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 06:25 PM
And those lebron led cavs team were fastbreak team??:laugh:

Lebron is great in any system...admit it...melo doesnt have that success, he needs certain players around him and needs shots to be effective.

he needs certain players around to be effective faceplam

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:26 PM
refreshing some1 actually under stands ball bunch of john holllingers in here % this efficincy that who cares. Melo offensive game is as complete as their is.

ok, since you dont like stats lets throw them away.

just explain to me why the knicks have a horrible record with melo?

A top 10 player doing so badly.....:o

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 06:27 PM

Melo & Kobe this season aren't even top 15 players!

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 06:30 PM

Why do the Wolves have a terrible record with Kevin Love?

Why do the Lakers have one of the worst offenses with Kobe?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:30 PM
i know what it is and means close to nothing game is on the ling i want the ball in melo hands.

ok, I'm done with this thread...you didnt prove anything you said.

smith&wesson
04-12-2012, 06:31 PM
I love it when people on PSD preach their word like it's to be worshiped yet can't spell or use grammar for ****. You can't even articulate your argument correctly, nor back up your claims with stats, yet you know the game of basketball as well as God almighty. :facepalm:

Take it easy. There are alot of kids on this forum. Also people multi task while posting. Its like trying to fix grammar on facebook.

Why not share your point of view and carry on. No point in venting its not like its going to change anything my man. This is all for fun. An uneducated person has just as much of a right to post as an educated one.

Back to the thread. I dont know why people hate Carmelo Anthony. He is the best player on the Knicks how can you blame a fan base for supporting him ?

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 06:31 PM

you right but thats every team tho everybody bashed kobe this year for his shots selection and shot attempts just like everybody wanted melo traded

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 06:32 PM
u prolly spoke to angry asians who hate melo because lin shine is shrinking. Any knick fan with a half of brains knows knicks go as far as melo takes them. Its a anti Ny thing no1 says anything when bulls win with no rose or heat win without wade. $

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Why the Wolves have a terrible record with Kevin Love?

Why do the Lakers have one of the worst offenses with Kobe?

kevin love has the worst supporting cast without rubio

lakers are 17th in offense even though our pace is really slow (21st)

How is it one of the worst lol:laugh2:?

And you didnt even bother to explain why knicks are like 10 games under .500 with melo?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Melo & Kobe this season aren't even top 15 players!

why are you just throwing random words and sentences to this thread lol?

Bring up facts or proof how kobe is not 15th and we can debate it

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 06:37 PM

beasley derrick will breaa westley knowledge is key

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM

And you didnt even bother to explain why knicks are like 10 games under .500 with melo?

injured all year you tlkin nonsense rite now

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
injured all year you tlkin nonsense rite now

was he injured last season too, and the start of this season?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:41 PM
beasley derrick will breaa westley knowledge is key

I hope you're kidding:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wonder what hawkeye would tell you about your post;)

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 06:42 PM

Nice excuse....

So melo supporting case is better?

In PSD world:

Amare in your eyes is not a top 20 player

Lin is overrated (PSD opinion)

Baron Davis sucks

Iman is a overrated rookie

Etc so with that being said, we have one of the worst supporting cast. So cut him some slack kid.....in 16 straight games they're are 12-4....I don't see you talking about that!

smith&wesson
04-12-2012, 06:43 PM

melo and stat were injured alot of the year. This is a fairly new team that was assembled late last year. Its not like chicago where the team has been in place and have alot of chemistry. If your go too guys go down your team is going to hurt. look at orlando for example when howard when out. theyve dropped form 3rd in the east down to where ever they are now. gotta check.

Also they had some friction in the locker room between star players and ex coach dantoni. If you have been watching the games as of late Melo has beening grinding it out. Playing both ends of the court and putting the team on his back.

dont know where the blind hate comes from, but dude has been playing his *** off and doing everything he can. not saying you .. just in general it seems this guy gets alot of grief.

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
why are you just throwing random words and sentences to this thread lol?

Bring up facts or proof how kobe is not 15th and we can debate it

Bring up facts & proofs that Melo isn't a top 15 player, then we can talk!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Nice excuse....

In PSD world:

Baron Davis sucks

Etc so with that being said, we have one of the worst supporting cast. So cut him some slack kid.....in 16 straight games they're are 12-4....I don't see you talking about that!

16 games is a too little sample size

Worst supporting cast??:laugh:

Thank god the knicks are going to the playoffs, they would have been a laughing stock in the whole NBA. One of the most talented teams in the league.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Bring up facts & proofs that Melo isn't a top 15 player, then we can talk!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoca01.html

terrible year

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 06:49 PM

he was putting up numbers nobody else stepped up and helped plus was forced to play point forwad regrassing his scoring role last season played good just when playoffs hit billups amare went down

knicks4life33
04-12-2012, 06:50 PM
what makes fill in the blank so great ? not including kobe bryant tim duncan and garnett and wade.

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 06:52 PM

knicks record is not horrible its not as good as it should be lots of injuries simple and i said melo has had up and down year. Still he never had a losing record in the nba and prolly never will. Durant and wade teams never had losing years? how did heat get the 2nd pick and get beasly?

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 06:53 PM

terrible year

you like jalen rose yesterday vs steven a no matter have many fact i throw out you just keep sticking to the one and only argument you have

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:55 PM
you like jalen rose yesterday vs steven a no matter have many fact i throw out you just keep sticking to the one and only argument you have

You are typing like a child:laugh:

What argument, you havent given me any argument while I have given all the stats to you lol

SluggeR
04-12-2012, 06:56 PM

Last year the Knicks rsoter was seriously depleted after the Melo trade and they did the best with what they had left over. During the playoffs the Knicks lost Billups and STAT (ultimately played with his injury) to injuries. This year we went like half the season without a pg, in a system that is fueled by a pg. Both Melo & STAT and other players on the team have been battling injuries. Because of injuries and a lockout shortened season, the Knicks have not been able to put it all together. D'antoni didn't help the situation. I'm not for a bunch of excuses, buy all of this is fact. I love the Knicks, but I'm probably Melo's biggest critic. Once we finally get all our ducks in a row (won't be this season), I will then have a concrete opinion on Melo and how he currently measures up with today's elite players. As of right now though, I have to admit he is balling out of control.

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 06:57 PM

terrible year

http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXbXXbryanko01.html

Terrible year

Plus stats proves he's a ball hog!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 06:57 PM
knicks record is not horrible its not as good as it should be lots of injuries simple and i said melo has had up and down year. Still he never had a losing record in the nba and prolly never will. Durant and wade teams never had losing years? how did heat get the 2nd pick and get beasly?

wade was injured a lot that year and they oneal who was fat as hell

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 06:58 PM

What argument, you havent given me any argument while I have given all the stats to you lol

on on a ps3 give me a break

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:00 PM

Terrible year

He's leading the league in scoring while carring the lakers to a 3rd seed in a tough wester conference.

Sweet jesus how is that terrible for a 33 year old guy.

Or are you trolling me:laugh2:?

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 07:01 PM
kobe has 1298 field goal attempts already woww 22668 for career ridiculous

-Kobe24-TJ19-

Terrible year

How that proves he's a ballhog? then melo is 10 times more of an ballhog.

BklynKnicks3
wade was injured a lot that year and they oneal who was fat as hell

oh really so wade can has excuse injuries but melo doesnt this year and knicks are nowhere near as bad. Try again

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 07:03 PM

thats the other way around

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:04 PM
oh really so wade can has excuse injuries but melo doesnt this year and knicks are nowhere near as bad. Try again

was he injured last year too, when knicks had a losing record with him?

he was not

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:04 PM
He's leading the league in scoring while carring the lakers to a 3rd seed in a tough wester conference.

Sweet jesus how is that terrible for a 33 year old guy.

Or are you trolling me:laugh2:?

Yet his FG% is down (near melo) and averages 23 shots a game ”hints why I say ball hog”

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 07:05 PM

kobe had gasol bynum shaq melo had to shoot alot for nuggets/knicks to win kobe dont

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 07:08 PM

he was not

he just came to the team had to fit in learn system teammates spots etc

netsgiantsyanks
04-12-2012, 07:09 PM
he can score his *** off. that's really about it.

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:09 PM

Melo averages 18 shots

Kobe averages 23

You do the math!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Yet his FG% is down (near melo) and averages 23 shots a game ”hints why I say ball hog”

he's playing 39 mpg

last year he took 20 shots in 34 minutes.

kobe has averaged 20 shots per game in 36 minutes pretty much all of his career.

Ballhog excuse lol:laugh2:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Melo averages 18 shots

Kobe averages 23

You do the math!

like I said kobe has taken 20 shots per 36 minutes all of his career...yeah lets call him a ballhog now like we didnt now it before that he takes a lot of shot...oh geez

BklynKnicks3
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM

he was not

no he wasnt but the rest of his team was billups,amare h actually almost won playoff games with jeffries as his 2nd best player. and the record was 500 it was not ever that bad

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:16 PM
he's playing 39 mpg

last year he took 20 shots in 34 minutes.

kobe has averaged 20 shots per game in 36 minutes pretty much all of his career.

Ballhog excuse lol:laugh2:

Basically proves he's been a ballhog for his entire career!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Basically proves he's been a ballhog for his entire career!

ballhogging his way to 5 rings, if you say so;)

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
like I said kobe has taken 20 shots per 36 minutes all of his career...yeah lets call him a ballhog now like we didnt now it before that he takes a lot of shot...oh geez

Like I said that stat proves he's been a ballhog for his entire career....if Melo averaged 23 shots a game (like he's been doing for the last 16 games) he can easily lead the league in scoring (like he's been doing for the last 16 games)!

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
ballhogging his way to 5 rings, if you say so;)

I never knew Kobe played the 1,2,3,4 & 5 position & coach all at once....is he human?

Winning rings is a team accomplishment but nice try though!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Like I said that stat proves he's been a ballhog for his entire career....if Melo averaged 23 shots a game (like he's been doing for the last 16 games) he can easily lead the league in scoring (like he's been doing for the last 16 games)!

oh the good ol' "would could should"

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
I never knew Kobe played the 1,2,3,4 & 5 position & coach all at once....is he human?

Winning rings is a team accomplishment but nice try thou gh

What are you trying to say now, that those rings belong to only lakers organisation or what??:laugh:

stop trolling me man:cool:

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:27 PM
oh the good ol' "would could should"

16 games melo averages 30 while attemping 23 + shots!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:29 PM
16 games melo averages 30 while attemping 23 + shots!

what 16 games lol?

coryd238
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Nice excuse....

In PSD world:

Baron Davis sucks

No, don't you see... they're only good players when it goes with their argument.

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
What are you trying to say now, that those rings belong to only lakers organisation or what??:laugh:

stop trolling me man:cool:

You're the one trolling

Kobe needed shaq, gasol and Odom as well as Phil....with out those guys he couldn't do **** remember ”smush Parker and Co.) :rolleyes:

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:32 PM
what 16 games lol?

Yeah 16 straight games...he's averaging 30 with 23+ attempts

Before those 16 games...he averages 21 with 18 attempts get it!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:32 PM
You're the one trolling

Kobe needed shaq, gasol and Odom as well as Phil....with out those guys he couldn't do **** remember ”smush Parker and Co.) :rolleyes:

but..but...you said basketball was a team game:rolleyes:

coryd238
04-12-2012, 07:34 PM
And why do Durant, Kevin Love, Dirk, etc get a pass for not playing defense and Melo doesn't? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Oh, but Melo has been playing d, great d actually.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah 16 straight games...he's averaging 30 with 23+ attempts

Before those 16 games...he averages 21 with 18 attempts get it!

why are you lying? hes averaging 24.3 ppg in last 16 games.

Wow, cmon duude no need to lie about the stats.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:36 PM
And why do Durant, Kevin Love, Dirk, etc get a pass for not playing defense and Melo doesn't? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Oh, but Melo has been playing d, great d actually.

durant has more devensive win shares than melo has offensive win shares, thats incredible to be honest.:speechless:

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:37 PM

It is, like I said he needed those guys......

Let me use this term since you're slow....HE NEEDED A TEAM EFFORT TO WIN...HE NEED HIS SUPPORTING CAST.

Nice try though!

justinnum1
Dirk didnt get a free pass until he won a ring, and durant is still young imo

ThePooH_1_

:D nice hahah

ThePooH_1_
04-12-2012, 07:39 PM
It is, like I said he needed those guys......

Let me use this term since you're slow....HE NEEDED A TEAM EFFORT TO WIN...HE NEED HIS SUPPORTING CAST.

Nice try though!

still he gave the most effort when it mattered the most to win tha ring.. :rolleyes:

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:40 PM
why are you lying? hes averaging 24.3 ppg in last 16 games.

Wow, cmon duude no need to lie about the stats.

Wow ONE MORE SHOT what a BIG difference :rolleyes: im surprise you took that long to bring up those stats....you're usually faster since you're a stat geek!

coryd238
04-12-2012, 07:40 PM
durant has more devensive win shares than melo has offensive win shares, thats incredible to be honest.:speechless:

You realize defensive stats are a horrible thing to go off of right? Amare was ranked higher than Lebron on synergy sports. Amare was ranked 97th at the end of March, Lebron was 201st.

Totally reliable.

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:42 PM
still he gave the most effort when it mattered the most to win tha ring.. :rolleyes:

Shaq didn't give effort?

Game 7 Odom didn't give effort?

Derrick Rose didn't give effort? Oh wait....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Wow ONE MORE SHOT what a BIG difference :rolleyes: im surprise you took that long to bring up those stats....you're usually faster since you're a stat geek!

one more shot wtf lol

you said he was averaging 30 points per game the last 16 meetings, but the truth is he's only getting 24 points per game.

Keep bringing up false stats lol:cool:

coryd238

Holy ****, I really hope you're trolling, no one can seriously be this dumb.

elam83

first of all moron the knicks sucked with melo because mike antoni's system was garbage(18-24 this year vs 12-4 with woodson)
2. jeremy's 7-1 stretch was against sorry clubs(aside from mavericks, and lakers.)
3. once teams figured lin out the offense struggled and the losses piled up. so i dont want to hear anymore about that 7-1 w/o melo argument anymore!!
4. melo got his team to the playoffs every year, before him denver was garbage. so melo has won in highschool, college, and is bound to win rings in the nba witthe right coach at the helm. stop hating!!!!!

GiantsSwaGG
You realize defensive stats are a horrible thing to go off of right? Amare was ranked higher than Lebron on synergy sports. Amare was ranked 97th at the end of March, Lebron was 201st.

Totally reliable.

When it comes to stats, nobody is better than him...but it get to the put where he'll look at stats that are useless and take em seriously!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:45 PM

Totally reliable.

Win shares are not synergy.

And you gotta be kidding me, synergy is one of the most accurate site about the NBA.

I hope you are not bringing up false statistics like this other guy.

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2012, 07:46 PM
one more shot wtf lol

you said he was averaging 30 points per game the last 16 meetings, but the truth is he's only getting 24 points per game.

Keep bringing up false stats lol:cool:

Since the Amare injury he's been averaging 30....

Nice try:cool:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-12-2012, 07:47 PM
When it comes to stats, nobody is better than him...but it get to the put where he'll look at stats that are useless and take em seriously!

But then why are you lying about melo's stats lol?