PDA

View Full Version : Why is nothing happening anywhere?

Hellcrooner
03-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I mean since season begin we have like 0 trades.

Any normal season you get this or that SMALL trades happening every two weeks or so , and when deadline aproaches there is a frenzy, you basicaly have a trade everyday the 10-15 days prior, smaller or bigger but SOME trades.

I get that this year is a bit "different" because of the shortened season but im talking basically NOTHING happening.

I get the waiting for the 1st of March to be able to trade some of the players signed at seasons begin.

but.

wtf?

NOTHING, no one is moving.

Why?

Hellcrooner
03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Jsut cheked, last trade was 4th january ( speights).-

dhopisthename
03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
new cba

Chill_Will_24
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
well its being reported that a lot of teams are waiting on ORL to make their decision which wont happen until next week maybe

PhillyFaninLA
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
new cba

Shortened off season, shortened free agency, and compressed games have all created a different focus then normal on top of the above mentioned CBA. No sooner then the CBA was signed and teams where learning new cap and salary room was the start of free agency and negotiating with draft picks, physicals, and prep for regular season. GM's haven't had a moment to breathe and absorb anything.

I think you'll see a surge as we get closer to the 15th but I think the offseason will be when trades really happen then normal quantities of trades next year.

310Casper
03-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Yup, once Dwight is handled, the rest of the dominoes will fall. A ton of teams are saving their chips (expirings, trade exceptions, draft picks, young talent) for the dwights, rondos, lowrys, etc..

I expect something big to happen by Sunday.

Sadds The Gr8
03-08-2012, 02:31 PM
I think it's because it's hard to bring player(s) in with the tight schedule and bring them up to speed on team philosophies/gameplans and **** like that, so teams are tentative.

shep33
03-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I've read a bunch of reasons.

-The Howard situation: Teams are waiting to see which players move in that deal

-The extended deadline: The deadline was pushed back this year, and the problem is that look at when the deadline is... what else is getting heated up right now? Oh right March Madness! Scouts and team officials have been going around the nation checking out the championship games etc. Looking at teams that won't be in the dance, but with some nice prospects. This has been occurring over the past couple weeks.

-Shortened season: Teams couldn't really judge their teams early on. Look at the western conference spots from 3-8. Those teams can all beat each other regardless of HCA. Nobody knows how to judge their team just yet. Houston went from like 4th out west a couple days ago to 9th

Gritz
03-08-2012, 02:37 PM
BUllstuff BullSTUFF!

celtNYpatsHeels
03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Because like half of the NBA wasnt eligable to be traded until March 1st.....

the deadline this year wasnt around the all star break....

every team is waiting for the Howard domino to fall.....

besides for the Heat, Thunder, Spurs and Bulls most teams are still trying to decide weather they should be buyers or sellers....

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Because everyone is afraid to get their trades vetoed by either David Stern or oh so sexy Adam Silver.

jsthornton7
03-08-2012, 02:53 PM
I find it hard to believe that the Magic are holding the ENTIRE league hostage. I heard that nobody wants to take on salary cause of the new CBA.

LAKobeBryant
03-08-2012, 02:54 PM
same thing happened last year, hours before deadline last year there was crazy trade in 1 day. like deron, caught everyone off guard

310Casper
03-08-2012, 02:54 PM
One things for sure, come March 16th, i will come into work much more rested, happy, and productive.

Celticsfan2007
03-08-2012, 03:00 PM
It will be a domino effect. As posters have stated earlier in this thread, everything hinges on what happens with Dwight Howard.

Once a decision is made on him, the domino's will start to fall, be patient.

shep33
03-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Watch absolutely nobody get traded.

smith&wesson
03-08-2012, 03:06 PM
its because of the new cba.

justinnum1
03-08-2012, 03:07 PM
there would be no practice time to integrate new players

tyfreaks brotha
03-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Cba

Hellcrooner
03-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Watch absolutely nobody get traded.

Im smelling something of th elike.

Hellcrooner
03-08-2012, 03:11 PM
i dont see how Howard interfers in teams not trading small pieces, like Wolves trading barea or ridnour for an Sg and things like that.

celtNYpatsHeels
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
i dont see how Howard interfers in teams not trading small pieces, like Wolves trading barea or ridnour for an Sg and things like that.

Barea and Ridnour werent eligible to be traded until March 1st because they were signed this offseason. If this were a regular non-lockout season then they would have been eligible by Mid December...

Blink
03-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I think another reason could be the ridiculous contracts that some guys have.
hence why my Pistons can't really be a main trade partner lol

Master Mind
03-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Stern's iron fist or well manicured finger nails...That's why

sep11ie
03-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Cause everyone is too busy banging the Kardashians at the moment.

Sinestro
03-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Cause everyone is too busy banging the Kardashians at the moment.

:laugh:

fadedmario
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
I agree. One of my favorite aspects of the NBA (been a fan since 1981) is that usually people get moved around and it's very exciting. Hopefully something starts happening soon.

Hawkeye15
03-08-2012, 04:00 PM
well its being reported that a lot of teams are waiting on ORL to make their decision which wont happen until next week maybe

yep. Dwight is the one that has to start everything in motion. If there is a sense he won't be moved within a couple days of the deadline, expect to see the smaller moves start happening.

Hawkeye15
03-08-2012, 04:02 PM

What is the Wolves have talked with NJ about Morrow, and said they will give them cap relief in return for him if they land D12?

While there are a couple of teams that clearly have no involvement in any trade Dwight would be in, he is still the 1st domino.

shep33
03-08-2012, 05:27 PM
I have a feeling that we're all going to be disappointed come March 15

Raph12
03-08-2012, 05:49 PM
I think teams are waiting to see what happens with Dwight... Don't worry, you'll see a plethora of moves in the last 2-3 days.

mgsports
03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Crawford who ever gives Portland a First Round Pick,Beasley Nets or Magic,Kaman,Diaw and so on.

Gram
03-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Hey crooner I heard the Lakers offered Gasol for Monroe, Knight, Ben Gordon, Jonas Jerebko and Detroit's first rounder unprotected. Should happen in a few days.

topdog
03-09-2012, 12:09 AM
I've read a bunch of reasons.

-The Howard situation: Teams are waiting to see which players move in that deal

-Shortened season: Teams couldn't really judge their teams early on. Look at the western conference spots from 3-8. Those teams can all beat each other regardless of HCA. Nobody knows how to judge their team just yet. Houston went from like 4th out west a couple days ago to 9th

I would add that contracts are effectively shortened and free agency is that much closer.

The Howard deal is one I think any team in the league feels it could be part of (as a facilitator) and they all are saving their best pieces for it with backup trades being brokered out of the eye of the public.

shep33
03-09-2012, 01:30 AM
I would add that contracts are effectively shortened and free agency is that much closer.

The Howard deal is one I think any team in the league feels it could be part of (as a facilitator) and they all are saving their best pieces for it with backup trades being brokered out of the eye of the public.

Very true.