PDA

View Full Version : Funny how Kobe is rarely criticized but anyone else...

cyph34
03-08-2012, 02:35 AM
Last two games field goals. Small sample but this is recurring theme throughout the season

Kobe 9-31 and 8-26

Gasol 8-14 and 6-11

Bynum 13-18 & 6-8

lol let the Princess do whatever she pleases but don't let the two 7 footers who both shoot over 50% from the field play volleyball in the paint.

Lakers + Giants
03-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Rarely criticized?! LMAO. Even laker fans are mad at kobe's play right now. Nice try though.

NoahH
03-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Compared to lebron he's rarely criticized about end of game performance

superwill
03-08-2012, 02:57 AM
[QUOTE=NoahH;21249456]Compared to lebron he's rarely criticized about end of game performance[/QUO

i dont think miami heat fans want to trade lebron.....laker fans they piss there pants when kobe have bad nights and he help them win five rings they been to the finals 7 times with him

Ciruam
03-08-2012, 03:05 AM

Yea because unlike Lebron he's CLUCTH!!!

Meatmypet
03-08-2012, 03:05 AM
Last two games field goals. Small sample but this is recurring theme throughout the season

Kobe 9-31 and 8-26

Gasol 8-14 and 6-11

Bynum 13-18 & 6-8

lol let the Princess do whatever she pleases but don't let the two 7 footers who both shoot over 50% from the field play volleyball in the paint.

The "Princess" with 5 rings. Lol.

Master Mind
03-08-2012, 03:10 AM
5 rings pretty much allows him to do whatever he wants :shrug:

SmallWayne
03-08-2012, 03:33 AM

Watch a game. They get the ball. They were getting doubled the entire game. Bynum had 7 turnovers due to this. And what the hell is your deal with him being rarely criticized? First off, he gets plenty of **** all the time for being a ball hog and chucker and whatever else you want to call him. Secondly, what do you expect? He's proven himself over time. Is Tom Brady going to get criticized the same as Tony Romo for throwing an INT in the 4th quarter? No, he's not. Your history and resume are going to buy you some slack.

limebalz05
03-08-2012, 03:33 AM
Kobe rarely gets criticized bc he's old and has rings. He's basically like MJ and gets a pass

shep33
03-08-2012, 03:34 AM

Pretty much this. I've seen Jordan put up some stinkers in his last two years as a Bull. Guy still got it done when it counted though obviously.

shep33
03-08-2012, 03:38 AM
I disagree with the OP. Go to the Laker forum, see how badly Kobe is getting it there.

That being said, this guy has done so much for our franchise. He's done his job as a Laker. No doubt about that.

We need some moves. No pg, no bench, and no production at the 3 spot is killing us. Bynum sucked tonight.

Raph12
03-08-2012, 04:18 AM
Bynum had 7 turnovers as well...

#just saying

YoungOne
03-08-2012, 04:44 AM
I like when he plays like this :D 1-10 in the 4th ...

Cano-Montero...
03-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Rarely criticized? where have you been...lol

clydecdva
03-08-2012, 05:08 AM
Wow.is first.Kobe 9-31 and 8-26

Gasol 8-14 and 6-11 http://www.utone.info/jpg1

Bynum 13-18 & 6-8

TmacBryant
03-08-2012, 05:27 AM

Kobe 9-31 and 8-26

Gasol 8-14 and 6-11

Bynum 13-18 & 6-8

I think you forgot to mention that tonight Bynum had 7 turnovers including that key one where he threw it off Gasol's shin late in the 4th quarter. Gasol had 5 turnovers last night, why would Kobe pass the ball to a big man who will just throw the ball away.

Could he have given it to Gasol tonight? Sure, but Gasol tends to shy away from the ball during the clutch and would let kobe handle it.

edit: Who do the lakers pass the ball to when there are 5 secs or less on the shot clock? It's always Kobe shooting ridiculous shots when he is doubled or tripled. Most of the time when Gasol is shooting he is wide open because of Kobe or another player driving in. Bynum is usually always posting 1v1 or getting an easy oop/dunk. Big man are supposed to have higher Field Goal %, you shouldn't compare their % to Kobe's. That being said Kobe is shooting like he is trash, but you can't blame him for everything.

naps
03-08-2012, 05:27 AM
It's crazy how this guy gets free pass for chucking up shots after shots. Lakers are such a terrific team when the feed their twin towers. They have the best PF-Center combo on the planet who are supremely efficient. Well, you point out the ballhog and his fanboys are gonna come up with one of the three:

1. Well, he got 5 rings (so he can lead the league in FGA in his 16th years with atrocious efficiency.)

2. You didn't watch the game. Gasol and Bynum are bums and Kobe had to take shots to keep his team alive (even though twin towers are absolutely beast on efficient scoring).

3. Because he's Kobe (so he can rape, cheat, and chuck as much as he wants.)

cyph34
03-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Ok sorry maybe ppl are posting about this on the forums, but it's not gotten to the point where Skip Bayless and Stephen A and ESPN and everyone bring this up as something as big as Lebron's unwillingness to take the last shot or Carmelo's ballstopper issues. And I feel like people are not seeing this as the major problem. Magic Johnson tweeted something like "we need a trade now" after the Wiz game. No Magic, The West is wide open and you have THE BEST front line in Basketball. Andrew Bynum, is second best center in the league, and Pau is still top 5 PF. With that front line, LA should absolutely dominate, but no. I mean Kobe shot a double clutch shot while being TRIPLE teamed against the Wizards for christ sakes.

My feeling is that Kobe should not be taking more shots than Bynum or Gasol unless he's feeling it like the Miami game. And if Bynum get's double teamed, he passes it out and reposts and gets other people WIDE OPEN shots, not those double clutch contested fadeaways Kobe takes.

Bottom line, I'm just tired of kobe being a selfish diva and getting away with it, blaming other people, and never having to change. He could gracefully change as he gets older ala Tim Duncan. Look, Carmelo changed for the better of the team, so can you, you selfish Fa**ot. Insecure *** little 5 year old b**** is just trying to rewrite the record books in hopes that ppl will be like "oh I really dont' know who was better? him or mike"

Alright I'm done.

Ebbs
03-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Well I agree Kobe is a detriment to his team. A egotistical selfish player I also agree on.

However he is critcized.

Iron24th
03-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Rarely criticized?! LMAO. Even laker fans are mad at kobe's play right now. Nice try though.

+1

Epic kobe hater thread fail

cyph34
03-08-2012, 06:36 AM
I love how dumb Kobe loving trolls come on here to post "just more Kobe hate". Look forget the "he's playing terribly" part. I don't hate this guy like opposition hates someone's best player. I hate him because he's a piece of sh#t human being and it translates to the basketball court. It's not about behavior. It's about a mental disorder. He's a narcissistic child who needs to set records in order to feel less insecure. How do you root for such a selfish b****? Like seriously? Why even defend him and call it bad play? He's not a good dude.

ghettosean
03-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Give it time when Kobe does he pre-celebration next year and says he's going to win "X" amount of championships the criticism will come. Hell though just yesterday people were losing there mind that he might where a black face mask. I heard he might where black arm sleeves in his next game...

Let the criticism begin ;)

Seriously though he hasn't been playing that well as of late though... LOL... Just funny to hear he doesn't get criticism!

ldawg
03-08-2012, 08:20 AM
They need a point guard and take the ball out kobes hands.

ACanadian
03-08-2012, 08:35 AM
++++ http://is.gd/XxZK6o ++++++++++

Best online store

Best quality, Best reputation , Best services

---**** NHL Jersey Woman $ 40 ---**** NFL Jersey $ 35

---**** NBA Jersey $ 34 ---**** MLB Jersey $ 35

---**** Jordan Six Ring_m $36 ---**** Air Yeezy_m $ 45

---**** T-Shirt_m $ 25 ---**** Jacket_m $ 36

---**** Hoody_m $ 50 ---**** Manicure Set $ 20

---**** handbag $37 ---**** ugg boot $43 ---****

---**** sunglass $16 ---**** bult $17 ---****

++++ http://is.gd/XxZK6o ++++++++++

Not these guys again:facepalm:

JayW_1023
03-08-2012, 08:50 AM
5 rings don't lie...but he gained those rings by playing the right way. But he isn't doing it now.

GoferKing_
03-08-2012, 09:02 AM
You have to be living under a rock, Kobe gets a lot of criticism. But he don't give a s h i t. xD

MagicFan1976
03-08-2012, 09:07 AM
The "Princess" with 5 rings. Lol.

Courtesy of Shaq (3x) and Gasol (1x) :D

17-57 Nice last two games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWiMZjG3jPc

MagicHero3
03-08-2012, 09:30 AM
yea kobe has been a bit of a chucker the last couple of games

strokeman
03-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Watch a game. They get the ball. They were getting doubled the entire game. Bynum had 7 turnovers due to this. And what the hell is your deal with him being rarely criticized? First off, he gets plenty of **** all the time for being a ball hog and chucker and whatever else you want to call him. Secondly, what do you expect? He's proven himself over time. Is Tom Brady going to get criticized the same as Tony Romo for throwing an INT in the 4th quarter? No, he's not. Your history and resume are going to buy you some slack.

:clap:

UPRock
03-08-2012, 09:33 AM
He' always a choker, I don't know why people here are surprised.

younggunn113
03-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Well I agree Kobe is a detriment to his team. A egotistical selfish player I also agree on.

However he is critcized.

The irony of agreeing Kobe is a "detriment" to his team, while your sig is Vince Carter. That guy is a detriment; continuous quitter and has no drive.

Back on topic, Kobe catches a ton of flack, but as many others have posted, he's earned it. I'd rather him take shots at the end of games and miss rather than pass them up to the players around him.

It's easy to look at the past two games, but he still is shooting 44% which is in line with every other SG in the NBA (minus Wade who is shooting a ridiculous 50%). Everytime he has a poor shooting performance threads like this pop up, and there's no need for it. Who cares about 2 games in early March?

This thread is a joke. I'm not even a huge Kobe guy, but this is ridiculous. Anyone who watched the game last night would have seen that Bynum and Pau essentially did not want the ball down the stretch and when they got it, they did not know what to do with it. How quickly everyone in this thread is forgetting his game against the Heat when he shot 14-23 and had 33 points. The guy makes 0 excuses, plays hard every night and his playing with a bad finger, wrist and a broken nose. Not once have I heard him make an excuse about playing with an injury.

People love to overreact.

Rentzias
03-08-2012, 10:22 AM
How many of those came utilizing an efficient inside big? Now he has two. Been reading Phil Jackson's "The Last Season" about the '04 Lakers recently, and this selfishness by no means amazes me.

But OP isn't accurate either, I'm surrounded by Laker fans who understand that he has shot them out of a ton of games.

celtNYpatsHeels
03-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Derrick Rose's last 2 games.... 8 for 22, and 5 for 16

Why is he not criticized?

Rentzias
03-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Derrick Rose's last 2 games.... 8 for 22, and 5 for 16

Why is he not criticized?
Maybe he should be, but does he have the same inside weapons that Kobe has?

shep33
03-08-2012, 11:45 AM
As a Laker fan he's been atrocious these last two games. I don't think he was the full reason why we lost yesterday. Bynum sucked, they gave him the ball and he turned it over on seemingly every possession. Bynum took responsibility for last nights game.

Kobe was hot trash yesterday, but the bench squandered that lead. Let's not forget that this is the worst bench in the NBA. Ron + Fisher were no shows as always.

mavsman81
03-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Yea because unlike Lebron he's CLUCTH!!!

PLease stop comparing Lebron to Kobe....Lebron is light years and 5 rings away from being compared to Kobe

JayW_1023
03-08-2012, 11:48 AM
LeBron is better now than Kobe ever was. Kobe is just tougher mentally. But purely based on talent level, LeBron is having a top 5 of all time season.

Da Knicks
03-08-2012, 11:49 AM
I dont agree with Kobe getting more shots than Bynum or Pau but he does get heat from everyone. Well except the Kobe lovers they defend them like i defend my boys Melo and Amare. btw Amare could of being a bull fighter with his matador defense yesterday!

mavsman81
03-08-2012, 11:51 AM
LeBron is better now than Kobe ever was. Kobe is just tougher mentally. But purely based on talent level, LeBron is having a top 5 of all time season.

God given talent yes he is, now he needs the mental part, the killer instinct..

celtNYpatsHeels
03-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Maybe he should be, but does he have the same inside weapons that Kobe has?

No he does not, however he does have the better team overall. And he is a PG where Kobe is a SG

ChitownSports16
03-08-2012, 11:58 AM
All I have to say is 5 rings....

mavsman81
03-08-2012, 12:02 PM
All I have to say is 5 rings....

Enough said...

UPRock
03-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I've never seen Duncan chucking shots, and he has 4 rings, so what's the point of Kobe doing whatever he wants because he won 5 rings. I like how people talk about him like he's a "God" because of the rings and not giving recognition to the other players in the team, just Kobe.

LA_Raiders
03-08-2012, 12:19 PM
If he doesnt shot then who??? We have no other player than can score...

Our Bigs are soft as hell...

USMCLaker
03-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Kobe 9-31 and 8-26

Gasol 8-14 and 6-11

Bynum 13-18 & 6-8

If Kobe a five time Champion is a princess what does that make you a fairy?

GoferKing_
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
^^^ So who is LBJ? Because he is mos def not a king. ;]

AIRMAR72
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Ok sorry maybe ppl are posting about this on the forums, but it's not gotten to the point where Skip Bayless and Stephen A and ESPN and everyone bring this up as something as big as Lebron's unwillingness to take the last shot or Carmelo's ballstopper issues. And I feel like people are not seeing this as the major problem. Magic Johnson tweeted something like "we need a trade now" after the Wiz game. No Magic, The West is wide open and you have THE BEST front line in Basketball. Andrew Bynum, is second best center in the league, and Pau is still top 5 PF. With that front line, LA should absolutely dominate, but no. I mean Kobe shot a double clutch shot while being TRIPLE teamed against the Wizards for christ sakes.

My feeling is that Kobe should not be taking more shots than Bynum or Gasol unless he's feeling it like the Miami game. And if Bynum get's double teamed, he passes it out and reposts and gets other people WIDE OPEN shots, not those double clutch contested fadeaways Kobe takes.

Bottom line, I'm just tired of kobe being a selfish diva and getting away with it, blaming other people, and never having to change. He could gracefully change as he gets older ala Tim Duncan. Look, Carmelo changed for the better of the team, so can you, you selfish Fa**ot. Insecure *** little 5 year old b**** is just trying to rewrite the record books in hopes that ppl will be like "oh I really dont' know who was better? him or mike"

Alright I'm done.
kobe is wanna be jordan kobes WILL to win is fake since he been the league he been shooting below 45% never shot 50% always had talent around him during shaq era kobe was never double because shaq drew all the attention ande still couldnt shoot 50% that is why he only 1 MVP yeah he has 5 rings but thats a team thing and its great when we all accomplish our team objective as 1 winning a champianship but the MVP speaks of the type player you are and dominance you did in the league kobe again has only 1 MVP IN 16YRS

JayW_1023
03-08-2012, 01:10 PM
God given talent yes he is, now he needs the mental part, the killer instinct..

Exactly...the thing that sets Kobe apart from a guy like Melo is that he works hard on other things when his shots are not falling.

Melo is basically useless when he isn;t scoring the basketball. Can't say the same for Kobe.

As for LBJ, he does it all every game...but he isn't good with reading specific late game situations. I still think that'll change over the course of the next two seasons.

Deemerc
03-08-2012, 01:16 PM
i got a trade proposal. jeremy lin for kobe, bynum, and gasol. sounds reasonable

AIRMAR72
03-08-2012, 01:17 PM
The irony of agreeing Kobe is a "detriment" to his team, while your sig is Vince Carter. That guy is a detriment; continuous quitter and has no drive.

Back on topic, Kobe catches a ton of flack, but as many others have posted, he's earned it. I'd rather him take shots at the end of games and miss rather than pass them up to the players around him.

It's easy to look at the past two games, but he still is shooting 44% which is in line with every other SG in the NBA (minus Wade who is shooting a ridiculous 50%). Everytime he has a poor shooting performance threads like this pop up, and there's no need for it. Who cares about 2 games in early March?

This thread is a joke. I'm not even a huge Kobe guy, but this is ridiculous. Anyone who watched the game last night would have seen that Bynum and Pau essentially did not want the ball down the stretch and when they got it, they did not know what to do with it. How quickly everyone in this thread is forgetting his game against the Heat when he shot 14-23 and had 33 points. The guy makes 0 excuses, plays hard every night and his playing with a bad finger, wrist and a broken nose. Not once have I heard him make an excuse about playing with an injury.

People love to overreact.

rubbish, i saw the game too poor entry pass to the post(paint) why cant tobe i meant kobe repost the bigs bad passes to bynum and trying to feed the post with smallers defenders lurking that will increase your TO WHY cant kobe play with some IQ that is they lost it was kobe trying to be like mike

JordansBulls
03-08-2012, 01:19 PM

Kobe 9-31 and 8-26

Gasol 8-14 and 6-11

Bynum 13-18 & 6-8

Kobe is hurting that team now, now way should he have taken 3x as many shots as Gasol and 4x as many as Bynum. LA's strength is it's frontcourt.

eugene
03-08-2012, 01:19 PM
For sooo long I'm counting days and waiting when he will retire...

shep33
03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Well to be fair he put in two really great games before these two crap shoots.

Don't think it's fair to judge him off of two regular season performances

bluefire7002
03-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Well to be fair he put in two really great games before these two crap shoots.

Don't think it's fair to judge him off of two regular season performances

Exactly... When he has a really good stretch like he did 3 games prior to these, no one says anything and the people who hate Kobe hide. But as soon as he has a bad stretch, it begins. The guy is taking a big scoring load since our bench sucks so bad. Gasol has been playing pretty damn inconsistent this year too

Hawkeye15
03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Kobe's success has let him get away with a lot more obviously, but that is kind of how it goes historically. When you win championships, you get a pass on your faults a lot of the time. That being said, most sites have been all over him this year for his chucking.

ChicagoRox
03-08-2012, 04:55 PM

The truth can be found in the above statement.

Avenged
03-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Dude is heavily criticized.. well deserved this season too.

Just check PSD, mostly everyone who's not a fan of the Lakers goes at him.

Even us Lakers fans criticize him for his horrible shot selection and the fact that he is struggling down the stretch.

Lakersfan2483
03-08-2012, 04:57 PM
His shot selection has not been as good as in year's past and that has a lot to do with the system he is playing in, way too many isos for my liking and not enough ball movement. Having said all of that, he needs to be more efficient and get his shot attempts down to around 20 a game.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-08-2012, 05:02 PM
For sooo long I'm counting days and waiting when he will retire...

You do that now. KG, Duncan and Nash will all retire before him, and when he retires, he'll be the last of a dying breed.

Then you can enjoy the next 10-15 yrs of NBA basketball with pre-game celebrations of Wade and LeBron and guys throwing alleyoops in today's non-fundamental NBA basketball with guys forming superteams.

Kuya_Clive
03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
I think Kobe gets a good amount of criticism, but you can't go overboard on him since he won 5 rings.

beliges
03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Kobe has been criticized probably moreso than any other superstar of his stature. However, the reason people give him a pass nowadays is because he has accomplished all their is to accomplish and cemented himself as one of the top 6 or 7 players to ever play the game as of today. Sure, hes certainly not the same player he once was. He has been costing his team some games with his awful shooting and horrible shot selection as of late. However, with that said, he has been the most dominant player of his era. Its hard to knock him when hes been so successful. Surely people dont expect him to dominate the league like he once did in his 16th season but he is still playing as one of the top 5 players in the game today which is very remarkable.

He had to endure it all. The criticisms for him were unprecedented. However, the reason people dont criticize him as much anymore is because he has shut everyone up with his play. I mean what can you say to a guy that has won 5 rings?

Teeboy1487
03-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Come to the Lakers forum and you will see criticism especially from me.

LakeShowRaider
03-08-2012, 05:30 PM
He's earned it.

shep33
03-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I think people are also forgetting about 2003 and 2004. The whole trial issue got him killed in the public. This guy would get destroyed by opposing fans (really nasty chants). Then in 2004 when Shaq is traded, he gets crushed for having a bad year... So many people thought Kobe was trash after that. They didn't think he deserved his rings because they instantly saw the before and after with Shaq (Lakers won like 34 games the year afer Shaq left).

He got destroyed by everyone, the public hated him as a person, while people around the league bashed his ability. Heck even Phil called him "uncoachable". When the GOAT in Phil Jackson calls you uncoachable, after he's dealt with big egos in the past, Kobe looked like an idiot.

championships
03-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Kobe is an aging superstar reaching the twilight of his career. In his prime he would take over games, take over the 4th and own it.

Bron is in his prime and was supposed to be the best thing since slice bread. Bron is the best in the league when it comes to quarters 1-3 but when it comes to the fourth he becomes passive and wants nothing to do with the moment.

That is why Bron gets more criticism right now than Kobe does but believe me Kobe is getting his share right now.

Lakerfan In NY
03-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Yet, when they need a shot to tie the game. There he is to the rescuse. Don't hear anyone talking about that. Or that most of those shots are with to shot clock running out.

juggla53
03-08-2012, 06:25 PM

well when lebron gets five rings and is considered one of the best last game performers in NBA history im sure he will get a pass too

Lake_Show2416
03-08-2012, 06:30 PM
it's cuz he has not 1.. not 2.. not 3.. not 4

ManRam
03-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh, he definitely gets criticism...and he deserves a lot of it a lot of the time. He's more immune because he's won, and that's the holy grail of a lot of silly NBA debate. "He got 5 rings...whatever argument made is invalid!!!!" I mean, you've already seen it in this thread. When faced with criticism, that's all that matters in some people's eyes. They'll ignore everything, and all they'll see is 5 rings.

Lots of Laker fans, from what I've seen, have not been happy with his play this year. And the Kobephiles, as time goes on, probably will relax their stance on him. I had him as my pre-season NBA MVP pick, just because I figured Rose lost "the story", LeBron is too hated, Dwight has no shot...and then it's down to KD and Kobe. I thought his team expectations were low-enough to allow him to have a good story, but he just hasn't been good enough...and a lot of fans, both Laker and not, will say that at times he's as much to blame as anyone.

kenzo400
03-08-2012, 07:05 PM

Kobe can actually score in the fourth quarter.

netsgiantsyanks
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=NoahH;21249456]Compared to lebron he's rarely criticized about end of game performance[/QUO

i dont think miami heat fans want to trade lebron.....laker fans they piss there pants when kobe have bad nights and he help them win five rings they been to the finals 7 times with him

what does that have to do with this season? that was then, this is now, and he's not doing well.

ManRam
03-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Kobe can actually score in the fourth quarter.

Except LeBron scores way more points per 48 minutes in "clutch time" this season...and has for a long time actually. "Clutch" time being "4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points".

LeBron scores a ton in the 4th...always has (sans a maybe two series in his career)...his problems have been buzzer beaters (he's even made a good amount of those). But don't get it twisted, he's a far better 4th quarter scorer than Kobe, if you talk about the whole 4th quarter, and statistically, he has been for a while now. Again, it's the last second shots...

RedeMptioN218
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM

Because kobe's clutch...lebron isn't, and lebron ****** off every fan he ever had in Cleveland so he's under a bigger microscope

NYSpirit1
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
If you look at the statistics, they are having very similar seasons. The difference? Kobe shoots A LOT more than Carmelo does -- but yet Carmelo is deemed the selfish one.

Carmelo: 20.7 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 3.9 APG, 40.2 FG% on 17.8 attempts, 79.7 FT% on 6.6 attempts, 30.8 3PT% on 3.7 attempts, 33.5 minutes a game

Kobe: 28.7 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 4.8 APG, 43.0 FG% on 23.7 attempts, 83.8 FT% on 8.1 attempts, 29.3 3PT% on 5.1 attempts, 38.8 minutes a game

Now -- Carmelo's having a major off year, he usually shoots around 45%, but he's getting criticized as a ball-hog, but he's getting 6 less shots a game. With his percentage, you figure 6 more shots at 40% is 5 more points a game.

So he averages 26 a game. But all the other percentages are very similar. Kobe is also on the floor for nearly a half a quarter more -- which makes a big difference. I just don't see why Carmelo has gotten so much flak this season when he's a similar player to Kobe -- and he usually shoots a better percentage. People make it seem like his trade value is way down, but it's becoming clear that D'Antoni just wasn't a fit for the Knicks.

Raidaz4Life
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Because the Lakers are 28-17 and the Knicks are 21-24

DaLakerz Rulz
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Kobe doesn't get enough backlash? Have you checked the Lakers forum? Fans have been bashing him all year.

omdigga
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
cause he got rings... lots of rings

Testaverde16
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
winning...

the only player that gets more back lash than kobe is lebron... i understand where youre comnig from though bc i live in new york and melodrama dominates the back page, but kobe gets it too on the west coast

RiLoc
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Reason #1: Set aside all the negatives; the bottom line is the Lakers are a better team with him on the court. This season the Knicks haven't been better with Carmelo on the floor.

Reason #2: 5 championships, 7 NBA Finals appearances, arguably the best Hall of Fame résumé of any active player, etc.

DaoudS
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Rings.

piaband
Because Kobe has proved that he deserves the respect he commands. Carmelo wants the respect and the money and he hasn't done anything to earn it. Simple as that.

RLundi
Kobe has 5 rings.

BALLER R
03-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Kobe wins, people don't care bout Kobe anymore they know he's like that. But Melo these people just hating on the man. I'm probably one of the few people on this damn site that defends him.

Sadds The Gr8
03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Because the Lakers are 28-17 and the Knicks are 21-24

this

...and this (http://www.eukicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Nike-X-Kobe-Bryant.jpg).

Master Mind
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Jewelry

yanksrock
03-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Duh...... Winning!!!

OC Knights #11
03-19-2012, 11:32 AM
5 rings....Carmelo, Lebron, Paul, Howard...no rings for the whiny *****es

PTR35
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Reason #1: Set aside all the negatives; the bottom line is the Lakers are a better team with him on the court. This season the Knicks haven't been better with Carmelo on the floor.

Reason #2: 5 championships, 7 NBA Finals appearances, arguably the best Hall of Fame résumé of any active player, etc.

This.

MLB2K10King
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
This sums it up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBzzr9Egig

Odominator
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
He had 6 rings, then 5 after his divorce finalizes.

ManRam
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Really, it all boils down to team success. Whether it's fair or not, he has the rings so in many people's eyes he can do no wrong and it's OK to ignore the flaws.

PhillyFaninLA
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Kobe doesn't get enough backlash? Have you checked the Lakers forum? Fans have been bashing him all year.

Melo gets backlash for on court performance Kobe gets much worse backlash for off court stuff. To say Kobe does not get backlash is to not own a TV, Radio, or have internet access but you made this topic so you at least have internet access.

Kobe gets more backlash then just about anyone. I cannot think of a player that gets more severe things said and more love on the other side. Kobe gets a ton of pure hatred and blind love (no offensive intended for saying blindly but the way he is defended sometimes makes me think that).

On the court Kobe is extremely well rounded and aside from offense and the ability to hit a buzzer beater (and lack of clutch plays that makes a buzzer beater necessary) Melo offers you nothing desirable.

GOON MUSIC
Most Lakers fans and even Kobe fans hate him atleast a few nights a year

sixer04fan
Wow, is this really a thread? I can't tell if this is an actual Knicks fan, or a troll that's trying to make Knicks fans look dumb.

PhillyFaninLA
03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
He had 6 rings, then 5 after his divorce finalizes.

Actually 3 she would get half for California law.

meloman1592
03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Kobe has 5 rings...but a lot of Melo's criticism is unfair!

MLB2K10King
03-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoyKgj0DyEc&feature=related

boilerguy2412
pretty simple answer really Kobe is the best basketball player in the world. Melo is not

Kashmir13579
Plenty of people think he's overrated, just like 'Melo. He's got da ringz dough.

He115ing
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM
I understand your frustration but one part of it is that the NY media is the worst. Secondly, Kobe got rings...

OC Knights #11
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Kobe has 5 rings...but a lot of Melo's criticism is unfair!

Not really...well deserved actually. These cocky young players (Lebron, Bosh, Anthony, Howard, Paul) deserve no rings.

lvlheaded
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Kobe has 5 rings, and the Lakers are 11 games over while the Knicks are 3 under

HaruSoul
03-19-2012, 11:53 AM

I don't think you even have to argue it. I don't think anybody in the league can even compete right now.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Melo leads the Knicks to a ring, then he'll get less backlash. Now he just comes across as a whiner

sixer04fan
03-19-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't think you even have to argue it. I don't think anybody in the league can even compete right now.

Duncan has to be in the conversation with Kobe for best active HOF resume.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
If you look at the statistics, they are having very similar seasons. The difference? Kobe shoots A LOT more than Carmelo does -- but yet Carmelo is deemed the selfish one.

Carmelo: 20.7 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 3.9 APG, 40.2 FG% on 17.8 attempts, 79.7 FT% on 6.6 attempts, 30.8 3PT% on 3.7 attempts, 33.5 minutes a game

Kobe: 28.7 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 4.8 APG, 43.0 FG% on 23.7 attempts, 83.8 FT% on 8.1 attempts, 29.3 3PT% on 5.1 attempts, 38.8 minutes a game

Now -- Carmelo's having a major off year, he usually shoots around 45%, but he's getting criticized as a ball-hog, but he's getting 6 less shots a game. With his percentage, you figure 6 more shots at 40% is 5 more points a game.

So he averages 26 a game. But all the other percentages are very similar. Kobe is also on the floor for nearly a half a quarter more -- which makes a big difference. I just don't see why Carmelo has gotten so much flak this season when he's a similar player to Kobe -- and he usually shoots a better percentage. People make it seem like his trade value is way down, but it's becoming clear that D'Antoni just wasn't a fit for the Knicks.

Rings matter most.

PhillyFaninLA
03-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Rings matter most.

According to MILLERHIGHLIFE Luke Walton and Steve Kerr are better then:

John Stockton
Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Reggie Miller
Dominique Wilkins
Allen Iverson
Steve Nash
George Gervin
Pete Maravich
Elgin Baylor
Patrick Ewing

To all those that say rings are what matters only ever say that if you are willing to admit and state what I just said is 100% fact like MILLERHIGHLIFE indirectly said and translating what he said he has to believe. So don't talk about rings being what makes you a hall of famer or better then another player without agreeing with the post above this paragraph.

nickdymez
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
According to MILLERHIGHLIFE Luke Walton and Steve Kerr are better then:

John Stockton
Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Reggie Miller
Dominique Wilkins
Allen Iverson
Steve Nash
George Gervin
Pete Maravich
Elgin Baylor
Patrick Ewing

To all those that say rings are what matters only ever say that if you are willing to admit and state what I just said is 100% fact like MILLERHIGHLIFE indirectly said and translating what he said he has to believe. So don't talk about rings being what makes you a hall of famer or better then another player without agreeing with the post above this paragraph.

Its easy to point out people who's favorite player or team has never won a championship.

PhillyFaninLA
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Its easy to point out people who's favorite player or team has never won a championship.

You know what all you do is run your mouth I'm playing this game with you again, you are going on my ignore list because you are incable of saying something accurate or meaningful.

My team has several titles and numerous finals appearances on top of that. Nice troll....err I mean try.

nickdymez
03-19-2012, 12:23 PM
You know what all you do is run your mouth I'm playing this game with you again, you are going on my ignore list because you are incable of saying something accurate or meaningful.

My team has several titles and numerous finals appearances on top of that. Nice troll....err I mean try.

I'm sorry you got offended. Its a fact though.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-19-2012, 12:28 PM
On what planet is Carmelo a similar player to Kobe? One's a hall of famer and the other is just a basketball player.

shep33
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I mean he's also statistically better than Melo in every category. The only thing Melo does better is rebound.... and he averages 0.1 rpg more than Kobe.

-Kobe averages more points, assists, shoots better from the field and from the line, plays better defense and is more durable than Carmelo. Kobe leads the league in minutes played, and has not missed a game this season. Kobe has a +4 PER on Melo

I think Melo gets an unfair rep sometimes too. He's still learning to play with that team.

SportsFanatic10
03-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Not really...well deserved actually. These cocky young players (Lebron, Bosh, Anthony, Howard, Paul) deserve no rings.

haha what...kobe`s probably the cockiest player in the nba.

daleja424
03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
kobe has won meaningful games playing his ball stopping style... that is why...

MickeyMgl
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM

So he averages 26 a game. But all the other percentages are very similar. Kobe is also on the floor for nearly a half a quarter more -- which makes a big difference. I just don't see why Carmelo has gotten so much flak this season when he's a similar player to Kobe -- and he usually shoots a better percentage.

Kobe usually shoots a better percentage, too. You kind of provided all the answers yourself. He usually shoots a better percentage, and he's shooting better percentages than Carmelo now, and dishes more assists, and plays better defense, and plays more minutes (which explains some of the extra shots), and gets to the line more, and he has five rings and seven Finals appearances (which IS relevant to this discussion).

willabeast77
03-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Kobe has Bynum and Gasol, and Kobe has been pretty good since the Allstar Break (minus last nights game and another one)

blystr2002
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Don't forget Kobe is an all defensive player. At his age he isn't as consistent over a full 48, but still shuts people down in critical times. Carmelo never does that.

NoahH
03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
because the lakers are 28-17 and the knicks are 21-24

this

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Please ignore threads or don't blame knick fans for threads NYSpirit makes. One he never posts in the threads he creates and second it's always a knick thread lookin for sympathy or comparing our players to any1 posting similar production.

knicksfan42
03-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Five, пят (russian for five), 5 rings. And despite Kobe's not so great FG% it is still 3 percent higher than Melo's FG% (43% vs 40%).

KnicksorBust
03-19-2012, 03:06 PM
cause he got rings... lots of rings

The thread could have ended right here.

The thread really has no legs:

1. Kobe gets plenty of backlash.
2. Kobe is a 5x NBA Champion.
3. Kobe plays defense.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2012, 03:09 PM
is this really even a question? The answer is 5 rings and team success, with him being a huge part of it.

Do people really think Kobe isn't be criticized? He has throughout his career, and its really bad this year. But he will never get the "cancer" label because he has helped a team win 5 championships.

NSJ
03-19-2012, 03:10 PM
On top of the rings, Kobe plays defense and Melo does not and never has.

NY007
03-19-2012, 03:21 PM
C'mon man I'm a huge Melo fan but this is embarrassing, Kobe has a lot of rings.. Melo none

NY007
03-19-2012, 03:23 PM
And to the Melo does not play defense thing, that's not true at all

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Kobe plays defense while Melo doesn't. Kobe most often than not keeps his teams in conteion while Melo gutted the Knicks team in that trade and ever since that time,the Nuggets have a far superior record than the Knicks and have put a better product out on the basketball court. Kobe has never hurt the Lakers product.

shep33
03-19-2012, 03:29 PM
I'll say this about Melo defensively. I've seen him play great defense before, he's capable of doing it. He just has trouble consistently doing it at times. He is a very capable defender though when he buys in.

NSJ
03-19-2012, 03:33 PM
And to the Melo does not play defense thing, that's not true at all

I'm a Melo fan too but compared to Kobe he doesn't play defense. Kobe's made the All-Defensive First Team 9 times and the All 2nd Defensive Team twice while Melo hasn't made any.

Evolution23
03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Well the reason as every one stated is rings. /thread
Ny Spirit makes some dumb threads

PhillyFaninLA
03-19-2012, 03:57 PM
I'll say this about Melo defensively. I've seen him play great defense before, he's capable of doing it. He just has trouble consistently doing it at times. He is a very capable defender though when he buys in.

90% of the time he stinks at the things that require effort beyond his natural talent. Defense is effort and heart 2 things Kobe has and Melo does not. So your referring to the 10% of the time he gives a darn and tries.

He stinks at defense and either you don't understand the game, are blind and close minded when it comes to him, or are trolling. He is bad at defense, there is nothing wrong with that, its an honest assessment that to many are to blind or closed minded to admit.

Also people confuse hating and disagreeing way to often on this site.

Cfrey
03-19-2012, 04:38 PM
kobe blows more than i do after microwaving a bowl of soup for too long

miller74
03-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Whats funny is posters who need to attack players like Kobe, only to justify their own malcontent

Cfrey
03-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Whats funny is posters who need to attack players like Kobe, only to justify their own malcontent

So this is the same for the people who defend Kobe?? Because more of than not if you are defending Kobe you are probably attacking LeBron.

I'm sure there is a player in the NBA that you don't like, thus justifying your own malcontent.

NY007
03-19-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm a Melo fan too but compared to Kobe he doesn't play defense. Kobe's made the All-Defensive First Team 9 times and the All 2nd Defensive Team twice while Melo hasn't made any.

Yea Kobe is better, no doubt. But this whole thing about Melo not playing defense is complete bs. I guess he got the rep in Denver but since being in NY he plays D.

ichitownclowni
03-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Because he is lil Jordan

chitown85
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Kobe is basketball royalty, has 5 rings, and is still putting up numbers (not saying he is always efficient). Kobe does get heat, this thread is a prime example...But, Kobe has earned the respect he currently enjoys; as basketball fans we need to respect the Black Mamba's track record, period.

C-Style
03-20-2012, 01:43 AM
it's crazy how this guy gets free pass for chucking up shots after shots. Lakers are such a terrific team when the feed their twin towers. They have the best pf-center combo on the planet who are supremely efficient. Well, you point out the ballhog and his fanboys are gonna come up with one of the three:

1. Well, he got 5 rings (so he can lead the league in fga in his 16th years with atrocious efficiency.)

2. You didn't watch the game. Gasol and bynum are bums and kobe had to take shots to keep his team alive (even though twin towers are absolutely beast on efficient scoring).

3. Because he's kobe (so he can rape, cheat, and chuck as much as he wants.)

troll