PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Timberwolves are 8th seed in West! Kevin Love a MVP candidate?

LTBaByyy
03-08-2012, 01:22 AM
This Guy's team has already has more wins than they did last year in a full season!!!

His stats are the same with them now winning, everyone knocked his stats cause they were losing.

What do y'all think? T Wolves are getting better week by week

LTBaByyy
03-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Should be considered if they finish with the 6th seed or above

Davidgta1
03-08-2012, 01:36 AM
I see them getting the 4th or 5th seed. And yes I see Kevin love being a MVP candidate he's the best in the world at what he dose lol. Also they seem to have the clippers number.

sunsfan88
03-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Yea seems like Griffin always fails against Love.

VikesTwinsWolve
03-08-2012, 01:41 AM
2.5 games out of 3rd in the West!!!

LTBaByyy
03-08-2012, 01:44 AM
If any team 3-10 in the West lose 2 or 3 games in a row, they could literally drop 4 seeds

T Wolves are peaking at the right time! They could end up up with 5th or 4th (Don't see them higher than that though)

Kevin Love needs recognition! He still has the amazing stats when they are winning

reemy
03-08-2012, 01:48 AM
I see them getting the 4th or 5th seed. And yes I see Kevin love being a MVP candidate he's the best in the world at what he dose lol. Also they seem to have the clippers number.

Wow I would love it if we could make 4th or 5th seed, not saying its out of the discussion as we're only 2.5 games back from spots 3-5, but we would need a nice little winning streak to get that high. If we somehow get that high though Love should def get more love in MVP voting and maybe the "superstar" label with his numbers.

Also along with the Clippers the Wolves match up great with a couple other teams in the top 8 right now with the exception of OKC, LAL, and MEM.

Chronz
03-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Yea seems like Griffin always fails against Love.

Quite the opposite, Blake has won the individual matchup this year. One of the games they won they did so in spite of Love.

Silent
03-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Quite the opposite, Blake has won the individual matchup this year. One of the games they won they did so in spite of Love.

Did u watch the games? Love has owned Blake

Davidgta1
03-08-2012, 01:52 AM

Love is a better player

i'myourdaddy
03-08-2012, 01:52 AM
one world rick adelman...the guy doesnt get enough credit...

reemy
03-08-2012, 01:54 AM

I'd give two out of the three games to Love if you judge on the impact they had individually on the game even though Griffin had better numbers in two of them. The first being the Love buzzer beater and the other their last match up.

Twinsfan24
03-08-2012, 01:54 AM
As my sig says Kevin Love 4 MVP lol... I don't actually think he has the best shot but hey one can hope. I am a proud Wolves fan this year. I have had to suffer for the last couple of seasons.... Glad to see us turning it around!

Hawkeye15
03-08-2012, 01:56 AM

Blake won the 1st matchup, the 2nd was a wash, and Love crushed Blake in round 3.

Even. Love better numbers, and doesn't get his impact measured by the best PG in the universe.

Love is superior to Griffin right now. Not yesterday, not tomorrow, but now.

LTBaByyy
03-08-2012, 01:57 AM
one world rick adelman...the guy doesnt get enough credit...

That's 8 words? :confused:

Davidgta1
03-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Wow I would love it if we could make 4th or 5th seed, not saying its out of the discussion as we're only 2.5 games back from spots 3-5, but we would need a nice little winning streak to get that high. If we somehow get that high though Love should def get more love in MVP voting and maybe the "superstar" label with his numbers.

Also along with the Clippers the Wolves match up great with a couple other teams in the top 8 right now with the exception of OKC, LAL, and MEM.

Wouldn't be surprise if the they got the 3rd seed Kevin love is the best power forward in the game right now. Also Rubio Needs to start making sum of those shots which he will once he gets his shooting touch.

howiend
03-08-2012, 01:58 AM
in my opinion, he is a top 5 candidate if they finish .500 or better - if they are a 4 or 5 seed yes, he should win it

reemy
03-08-2012, 01:59 AM
That's 8 words? :confused:

read his post he obviously meant troll world*

BradfordIsElite
03-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Timberwolves are starting to pose as a legitimate threat and Kevin Love continues to get better. As time moves forward other young players like Ricky Rubio and Derrick Williams, who are only in their first seasons are already showcasing their talents at a high level thus' far bringing Minneseta back on the map and together reemerging as a team in what looks to only get better. They need one more above average perimeter scorer. Another big man wouldn't hurt either.

Twinsfan24
read his post he obviously meant troll world*

lol

Sadds The Gr8
Kevin Love runs Blake Griffin's life

VikesTwinsWolve
03-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Kevin Love > Chuck Norris

LTBaByyy
03-08-2012, 02:08 AM
They should trade Ridnour for Crawford, then start Webster

Rubio
Webster
Johnson
Love
Pekovic

JJ
Crawford
Beasley
Williams
Milicic

Balanced starters and the best energy bench in the league!!

bholly
03-08-2012, 02:17 AM
I mean, he's a candidate in the sense that he's probably in the top half dozen or so guys, but he still doesn't have much of a chance - based on the season so far, nobody but LBJ should.

LTBaByyy
03-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Lebron should not be the MVP

Take him off the team and they are still gonna be 2nd in the East

Chris Bosh is really a 2nd option and not 3rd

In Cleveland of course Lebron deserved the MVP not now

topdog
03-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Lebron should not be the MVP

Take him off the team and they are still gonna be 2nd in the East

Chris Bosh is really a 2nd option and not 3rd

In Cleveland of course Lebron deserved the MVP not now

Lebron has been playing out of his mind, but I agree that it's hard to give someone who plays with 2 other superstars the MVP award.

Albeit, the award usually goes to the best player on the best team (Lebron meets that criteria), but there is also something to be said for the school of thought that says: 1. Is the team a winner and 2. How much of an impact does it make if you take said player off of said team.

Miami - Lebron = 70% win percentage
Miami w/ Lebron = 77%
Difference of 7%

Minny - Love = 33%
Minny w/ Love = 53%
Difference of 20% and winning vs. losing (*totally non-scientific, duh)

gwrighter
03-08-2012, 02:37 AM
Yea why not.

Chronz
03-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Blake won the 1st matchup, the 2nd was a wash, and Love crushed Blake in round 3. Cmon bro put your bias aside for this one. Your telling me a game in which Love gos 4/13 and the team does better without him, is a WASH? LMFAO
The Twolves won in spite of Love in the 2nd game. Did he even play in the 4th of that game? Blake won 2/3 matchups. And if anyone got crushed it was Love in LA. Dude got benched. I can see the argument for G1 being a wash, I would agree with the notion that the 2 have played each other to a draw, but from what I saw, Blake was better throughout most of their minutes.

Even. Love better numbers, and doesn't get his impact measured by the best PG in the universe.

Dont know what this means but sounds like more bias.

Love is superior to Griffin right now. Not yesterday, not tomorrow, but now.
Totally irrelevant to the topic at hand. H2H. This is a common occurrence with you, Ive already admitted Love is the better player, that you have to cling to that in a trivial Head 2 Head argument proves your incapable of thinking rationally on this subject.

I'd give two out of the three games to Love if you judge on the impact they had individually on the game even though Griffin had better numbers in two of them. The first being the Love buzzer beater and the other their last match up.
Nonsense, Love got outplayed in LA. Hitting the last shot of the game doesnt change that.

I was there live.

Chronz
03-08-2012, 02:46 AM
Lebron has been playing out of his mind, but I agree that it's hard to give someone who plays with 2 other superstars the MVP award.

Albeit, the award usually goes to the best player on the best team (Lebron meets that criteria), but there is also something to be said for the school of thought that says: 1. Is the team a winner and 2. How much of an impact does it make if you take said player off of said team.

Miami w/ Lebron = 77%
Difference of 7%

Minny - Love = 33%
Minny w/ Love = 53%

What is this?

Chronz
03-08-2012, 02:56 AM
And for the record, Head 2 Head Blake SMASHES on Love. Higher FG% with 26PPG vs 20.9. Team wins go 3-4

Sota4Ever
03-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Darko is Blake Griffin's kryptonite.

Wolfman01
03-08-2012, 03:29 AM
T-Wolves are 2 games out of the 7th seed for the playoffs! If Kevin Love continues to play the way he does and the T-Wolves make it to the playoffs for sure Kevin Love will be a strong candidate for the MVP. Theres a lot of good team that the T-Wolves beat this year. The T-Wolves turning things around in a quick way for this season is very suprising to me.

LTBaByyy
03-08-2012, 03:51 AM
I hope Kevin Garnett signs back with this team this summer! Since obviously Celtics are going young after this year

Spend his last years with the team that made you a Hall of famer

Sota4Ever
03-08-2012, 04:01 AM
I wish that would happen. But I doubt KG can play Center because we already have a log jam at PF

Raph12
03-08-2012, 04:15 AM
No chance, the TWolves are better this season because of Rubio and the emergence of Pekovic... Like I said in the other thread, Love is not the variable, he is the constant; for him to win MVP, his team would need to finish Top 3.

abe_froman
03-08-2012, 04:48 AM
ummm no,wolves need way better record for him to be given mvp consideration

HouRealCoach
03-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Just 6 or 7 months ago you all were saying that he was the WORST number one option lol

Since last year I've thought he was the best PF in the game and I had them making the playoffs after they drafted D-Will, Signed Rubio, and Adelman became Head Coach

VikesTwinsWolve
03-08-2012, 09:33 AM
And for the record, Head 2 Head Blake SMASHES on Love. Higher FG% with 26PPG vs 20.9. Team wins go 3-4

Why do you always turn a Kevin Love topic into a Blake griffin topic. Truth is in all the head to head games this year, Griffin has padded his stats during the game, but was nowhere to be found when the game was on the line. I would leave Griffin open all day from 18ft.

Celticsfan2007
03-08-2012, 09:54 AM
They should trade Ridnour for Crawford, then start Webster

Rubio
Webster
Johnson
Love
Pekovic

JJ
Crawford
Beasley
Williams
Milicic

Balanced starters and the best energy bench in the league!!

Who's gonna play defense on that second unit?

iliketurtles24
03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Who's gonna play defense on that second unit?

Darko!

iliketurtles24
03-08-2012, 10:32 AM
it would be fairly stupid to trade luke for crawford, we then would not have a pg backup. jj cannot stay healthy.

Steved1828
03-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Why do you always turn a Kevin Love topic into a Blake griffin topic. Truth is in all the head to head games this year, Griffin has padded his stats during the game, but was nowhere to be found when the game was on the line. I would leave Griffin open all day from 18ft.

I would leave him wide open from the free throw line as well... oh wait! :cool:

Celticsfan2007
03-08-2012, 10:58 AM
it would be fairly stupid to trade luke for crawford, we then would not have a pg backup. jj cannot stay healthy.

Lol, Crawford can play the PG. The blazers were starting him at their PG spot when they benched Felton. He's a fine backup PG with Barea as depth.

ACanadian
03-08-2012, 11:00 AM
It's a good day to be a Timberwolves fan...

celtNYpatsHeels
03-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Sorry but no #7 or #8 seed leader has won an MVP

whitemamba33
03-08-2012, 11:33 AM
He's a good player.

But serious MVP candidate he is not. Personally, as refreshing as it is to finally have one of worst franchises in basketball start to turn it around, the team is still underachieving if you ask me.

I guess he deserves to be in the mix, but his team isn't good enough and LeBron is having arguably one of the best seasons in NBA history.

blom85
03-08-2012, 11:43 AM

:), dunno about that, this is coming for a homer I would prefer we draw the Clippers in the first round but I would honestly be happy with that 8th spot, playoffs is playoffs :clap:

WSU Tony
03-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Cmon bro put your bias aside for this one. Your telling me a game in which Love gos 4/13 and the team does better without him, is a WASH? LMFAO
The Twolves won in spite of Love in the 2nd game. Did he even play in the 4th of that game? Blake won 2/3 matchups. And if anyone got crushed it was Love in LA. Dude got benched. I can see the argument for G1 being a wash, I would agree with the notion that the 2 have played each other to a draw, but from what I saw, Blake was better throughout most of their minutes.

Dont know what this means but sounds like more bias.

Totally irrelevant to the topic at hand. H2H. This is a common occurrence with you, Ive already admitted Love is the better player, that you have to cling to that in a trivial Head 2 Head argument proves your incapable of thinking rationally on this subject.

Nonsense, Love got outplayed in LA. Hitting the last shot of the game doesnt change that.

I was there live.

You could be the 2nd biggest fanboy on PSD. Balk beats you out for Barea.

JayW_1023
03-08-2012, 01:21 PM
He is an amazing player, but on a title team he is a Robin, not a Batman.

Chronz
03-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I dont buy into your theory, but it became about Blake in page 1. I just had to defend my teams player. Ive been to the games, Ive never seen Blake disappear or get benched the way Love did in G2 this year.

WSU Tony
03-08-2012, 01:28 PM
"MVP" in the NBA has some prerequisites. Unfortunately "MVP" doesn't mean, most valuable player in the NBA. First, you have to have more than a playoff team but a title chasing team. Only 5-6 teams in the NBA qualify.

It's a bit unfortunate that an MVP isn't a league wide award but rather the best player of the title chasers...

Debatable, but that's the way it is.

Chronz
03-08-2012, 01:29 PM
You could be the 2nd biggest fanboy on PSD. Balk beats you out for Barea.

If only you had a shred of proof the way I have on you guys. Sadly I deal with facts, its true, your fellow Wolf actually said a game in which Love gets benched and gos 4-14 or whatever it was, was a DRAW. LMFAO

Now submit your evidence.

WSU Tony
03-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I dont buy into your theory, but it became about Blake in page 1. I just had to defend my teams player. Ive been to the games, Ive never seen Blake disappear or get benched the way Love did in G2 this year.

You've also never seen Griffin hit a 25 footer on the road for the win.... :)

WSU Tony
03-08-2012, 01:33 PM
If only you had a shred of proof the way I have on you guys. Sadly I deal with facts, its true, your fellow Wolf actually said a game in which Love gets benched and gos 4-14 or whatever it was, was a DRAW. LMFAO

Now submit your evidence.

Evidence of you being a fan boy? Not needed, common knowledge. This thread is about the Wolves not only having the first season in 5-6 years where we have a winning record but that if the playoffs were today (they aren't...) the Wolves would be in.

You turn that into a "defending" Blake thread; hence, you've proven your a fanboy.

I could tell you there was a solar storm which hit today and you'd ask me to prove it. lol

Swashcuff
03-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Should he be a candidate? Hell yes. Improved in damn near every aspect of his game and it has shown in the play of the Wolves. He won't win it but he should certainly be in the conversation.

todu82
03-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Both Minnesota and Love are having good seasons, if Minnesota does make the playoffs Love will have a strong case for being MVP.

Chronz
03-08-2012, 01:38 PM
You've also never seen Griffin hit a 25 footer on the road for the win.... :)
LMFAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTnDJTcl4pw

You missed a helluva rookie year bro, not that its surprising considering you all talk out of your ***** when it comes to THIS subject.

pd1dish
03-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Love is much better than Griffin. Griffin is a high flyer who, at this point in his career, heavily relies on his athleticism. Love has an elite skill set and is arguably the best PF in the league.

Chronz
03-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Evidence of you being a fan boy? Not needed, common knowledge.
Proof is always needed around here, this aint your Twolves forum guy, we actually require evidence around here to be taken seriously.

This thread is about the Wolves not only having the first season in 5-6 years where we have a winning record but that if the playoffs were today (they aren't...) the Wolves would be in.You turn that into a "defending" Blake thread; hence, you've proven your a fanboy.

You must have a very weird definition of a fanboy. A fanboy is illogical (Points to Hawks hilarious post). Me defending Blake from accusations of ANOTHER poster, is typical of any fan of that team. If you have beef with someone derailing the thread, take it up with the guy that started it, not the one whos finishing it.

I could tell you there was a solar storm which hit today and you'd ask me to prove it. lol
I always ask for proof of any claim, if you cant take it go back to the Twolves board or learn to defend your accusations with conviction.

JayW_1023
03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Griffin has more potential than Love. Love is the more complete player right now...but if Blake gets a jumper and becomes a great interior defender he is gonna become the alpha male on a title team.

Chronz
03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Love is much better than Griffin. Griffin is a high flyer who, at this point in his career, heavily relies on his athleticism. Love has an elite skill set and is arguably the best PF in the league.

You lost credibility when you said MUCH better. I agree hes better but its definitely a conversation you could have.

Swashcuff
03-08-2012, 01:46 PM
You lost credibility when you said MUCH better. I agree hes better but its definitely a conversation you could have.

You think Love is better than Blake?

JayW_1023
03-08-2012, 01:47 PM
When both players hit their prime and stay healthy, Griffin will be the better player.

thekmp211
03-08-2012, 01:48 PM
so love, who has improved but is in the same realm of player as he was last year, is now getting mvp buzz? where are all the empty-stat activists? do you see what we mean when we say one guy can't make a team good?

now, when you add a good coach and a couple complementary pieces, things start to happen. its funny how team sports work like that.

Chronz
03-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Griffin has more potential than Love. Love is the more complete player right now...but if Blake gets a jumper and becomes a great interior defender he is gonna become the alpha male on a title team.

Thats not what this is about, strictly head 2 head. Like I can admit Deron beats CP3 in a majority of their head 2 head matchups, but CP3 is the superior player.

Similar thing here, Blake has feasted on Love for the most part, but Love is the superior player. Its sad that they (Wolves fan) have to cling to that without acknowledging the facts of their history.

You think Love is better than Blake?
Do I like stats?

Swashcuff
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
When both players hit their prime and stay healthy, Griffin will be the better player.

I can dig that but Love continued improvement has really surprised me (even this season) and made me wonder if his potential is still being overlooked.

Chronz
so love, who has improved but is in the same realm of player as he was last year, is now getting mvp buzz? where are all the empty-stat activists? do you see what we mean when we say one guy can't make a team good?

now, when you add a good coach and a couple complementary pieces, things start to happen. its funny how team sports work like that.

Yup, in the words of the noble Starbury, "I aint done nothin different, yall just paying more attention". Or something to that degree when the media kept praising his transformation into a team player.

WSU Tony
LMFAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTnDJTcl4pw

You missed a helluva rookie year bro, not that its surprising considering you all talk out of your ***** when it comes to THIS subject.

Hell of a shot. I give him credit. Subit your evidence, Chronz. That shot was AT HOME. I stated "On the road.

Prove your point, submit your evidence.

Proof is always needed around here, this aint your Twolves forum guy, we actually require evidence around here to be taken seriously.

I always ask for proof of any claim, if you cant take it go back to the Twolves board or learn to defend your accusations with conviction.

Perfect follow up post. Submit proof that Blake hit a 25 footer on the road for the win. This isn't your Clippers section where you don't have to submit proof to be taken seriously. Defend your self with conviction and prove me wrong.

:laugh:
:facepalm:

This is a wolves themed thread and look what it has turned into. Seriously all to "defend" your guy, Blake, that he had 2:1 better matchup this year against love instead of a 1:1:1. lol. Kind of trivial if you ask me, fanboy.

Chronz
03-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Hell of a shot. I give him credit. Subit your evidence, Chronz. That shot was AT HOME. I stated "On the road.

Prove your point, submit your evidence.
LOL touche, it was also a long 3pter, I was hoping that would outweigh the fact that it was at home.

Perfect follow up post. Submit proof that Blake hit a 25 footer on the road for the win. This isn't your Clippers section where you don't have to submit proof to be taken seriously. Defend your self with conviction and prove me wrong.

OK I stand corrected (see how hard that is?). Blake hasnt hit a 25footer on the road, you win that argument.
Wait does it have to be a buzzer beater because I think I recall one to put his team up. I think we lost that one tho.

This is a wolves themed thread and look what it has turned into. Seriously all to "defend" your guy, Blake, that he had 2:1 better matchup this year against love instead of a 1:1:1. lol. Kind of trivial if you ask me, fanboy.
Actually I was defending against the idea that Love has won the matchups this year when AT BEST its a wash, and against Hawk criticizing the idea that a game in which Love gets benched was a draw. My middle ground was saying it may be a draw but its certainly not the way Hawk portrayed.

And of course its trivial, the whole idea behind Head 2 Head matchups are trivial, they account for like 2% of their career games, it doesnt mean anything. Just like Blake not hitting a shot of your preference doesnt mean anything. I dont know why it has to escalate beyond the realm of facts, these facts dont mean much in the grand scheme of things.

WSU Tony
03-08-2012, 01:58 PM
"MVP" in the NBA has some prerequisites. Unfortunately "MVP" doesn't mean, most valuable player in the NBA. First, you have to have more than a playoff team but a title chasing team. Only 5-6 teams in the NBA qualify.

It's a bit unfortunate that an MVP isn't a league wide award but rather the best player of the title chasers...

Debatable, but that's the way it is.

Back on topic... This is my opinion on the NBA MVP. There might have been a few outlier seasons but overall this is pretty much how it works imo. Love might be in consideration if he continues to play as well as he has but I don't think he has a legitimate chance of winning the award. If the Wolves get the 8th seed or better I DO think Adelman could win coach of the year award...

LAKobeBryant
03-08-2012, 01:59 PM
i don't see why not they always look at player statistics in the mvp race and love....... their winning games too and improving a lot from last year

WSU Tony
03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
LOL touche, it was also a long 3pter, I was hoping that would outweigh the fact that it was at home.

OK I stand corrected (see how hard that is?). Blake hasnt hit a 25footer on the road, you win that argument.

Actually I was defending against the idea that Love has won the matchups this year when AT BEST its a wash, and against Hawk criticizing the idea that a game in which Love gets benched was a draw. My middle ground was saying it may be a draw but its certainly not the way Hawk portrayed.

And of course its trivial, the whole idea behind Head 2 Head match ups are trivial, they account for like 2% of their career games, it doesn't mean anything. Just like Blake not hitting a shot of your preference doesn't mean anything. I dont know why it has to escalate being the realm of facts, these facts dont mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Like you said, these things don't matter. At all. The Clippers will have plenty of threads come playoff time where we can talk about Blake, I wont' turn those into Blake V K-Love threads.

Us wolves fans haven't had ANYTHING to be excited about the past 5 years so please be patient if we seem agitated that every Love thread turns into a Griffin thread. It doesn't help that the small media city of Minneapolis gets very little credit when compared to L.A. I get it, I understand it, but that doesn't mean I like it. :)

Chronz
03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Back on topic... This is my opinion on the NBA MVP. There might have been a few outlier seasons but overall this is pretty much how it works imo. Love might be in consideration if he continues to play as well as he has but I don't think he has a legitimate chance of winning the award. If the Wolves get the 8th seed or better I DO think Adelman could win coach of the year award...

Realistically where do you see him ranking when the MVP votes finally come out?

Chronz
03-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Like you said, these things don't matter. At all. The Clippers will have plenty of threads come playoff time where we can talk about Blake, I wont' turn those into Blake V K-Love threads.

Us wolves fans haven't had ANYTHING to be excited about the past 5 years so please be patient if we seem agitated that every Love thread turns into a Griffin thread. It doesn't help that the small media city of Minneapolis gets very little credit when compared to L.A. I get it, I understand it, but that doesn't mean I like it. :)

Dont lump us in with the Laker crowd bro, we've been waiting just as patiently, we've had 1 run in the last 20 years or so. I would have killed for your 1 and dones with a superstar at the helm all those years. Anyways, Im sure this will come up again, god willing Blake doesnt get injured, this will be the new KG vs TD and you should expect the 2 to go hand in hand. Someone will always mention the other. Ill try and hold back my fandom but if it gets out of hand Ill be there, FO EVA.

WSU Tony
03-08-2012, 02:21 PM

I haven't put much thought into it but a few obvious names which come to mind...

Lebron
Durant
Dare I say the "popular choice".... Kobe
Dark horse
Love

I just don't see Love being a legitimate candidate. Heck, I'm still not confident the wolves will secure a playoff spot. Unless ESPN picks up on Love and follows him on a game by game basis and Love continues to shoot game winners, he doesn't have much of a chance imo.

Hawkeye15
03-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I mean, he's a candidate in the sense that he's probably in the top half dozen or so guys, but he still doesn't have much of a chance - based on the season so far, nobody but LBJ should.

Agree 100%

Chronz
03-08-2012, 03:50 PM
The highest Ive seen anyone ranked in the MVP race on a .500 team (Modern Era) is Tmac when he finished 3rd IIRC

Hawkeye15
03-08-2012, 03:51 PM

I have 7-9.

Hawkeye15
03-08-2012, 03:54 PM
The highest Ive seen anyone ranked in the MVP race on a .500 team (Modern Era) is Tmac when he finished 3rd IIRC

And he won't be ranked that high, TMac had a much better season, and was simply a better player than Love that year. Love has made some improvements, noticeably that he doesn't back down from the really good competition at times now, but he still has had some dry spells, no doubt. But he is a top 10 player, regular season wise, and can even be argued as high as 6th this year. I understand you personally like to factor in past play, and playoff play, and I have no issue with anyone doing that. But if we are looking at the 40-43 games played for all teams this regular season, no way you can leave him out of the top 10 for that stretch of games.

Hawkeye15
03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
WSUTony defends the Wolves like a machine in here, and in the Wolves forum is the most pessimistic fan we have haha. I absolutely love it. (Not a shot Tony, that is being a true fan).

RCarlson85
03-08-2012, 04:02 PM
I definitely think he deserves to be in the conversation, but I don't think he will end up winning even if the Wolves got as high as the 4th or 5th seed. People like Durant and Lebron will still have at least as good of stats but their teams will have better records. If the Wolves make the playoffs and Love keeps playing like this, I could see him finishing close to the top 5 possibly. He would still be behind Lebron, Durant, and Rose for sure though and maybe someone like Kobe too.

PurpleJesus
03-08-2012, 04:04 PM
If the Wolves make the playoffs as the 6th-8th seed, he deserves consideration, but would also deserve to fall short to someone like Lebron...if they were to miraculously finish with a top 6 seed, he should win MVP.

VikesTwinsWolve
03-08-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm guessing there isn't a single Wolves fan that truely believes Kevin Love will win the MVP. Just saying he's put a young rebuilding team on his back this year, and should be in the conversation.

WSU Tony
03-08-2012, 04:07 PM
WSUTony defends the Wolves like a machine in here, and in the Wolves forum is the most pessimistic fan we have haha. I absolutely love it. (Not a shot Tony, that is being a true fan).

No harm done.

That's just it. My first post in the "Is love a top 10 player" thread was "Holy crap, the Wolves have a top 10 player?" I don't even understand what we have as a team. I am the pessimist of all pessimists, the opposite of MOST fans in fact.

That being said if I feel the need to defend a player or this team it is 99% justified.

beliges
03-08-2012, 05:17 PM
If the Wolves make the playoffs you have to put KLOVE as a candidate but he really has no shot at winning the award this season. This year seems like Durant is gonna run away with the MVP. Hes led the Thunder to the best team in the league. After him you got LBJ and Rose but the gap to catch Durant is too big this season.

4wanderingeyes
03-08-2012, 07:22 PM
MVP=Most Valuable Player, thus you remove said player, which team would hurt the most. I think Kobe needs to be pretty high on that list. Without Kobe, the Lakers wont be in the playoffs.

But if you remove LBJ, Rose, Durant, those teams would still be in the playoffs most likely.

Love I think is a year away from this award. His team as a whole needs to improve, and make a statement, and he needs to lead the team in making this statement next season, before he has any legitimate shot at MVP. Playoffs this season with some great play from Love will get some notice, then to carry it over into next year, with being a contender, and a threat to go deep into the playoffs next season. Then he will have a legitimate chance.

Hawkeye15
03-08-2012, 08:16 PM
MVP=Most Valuable Player, thus you remove said player, which team would hurt the most. I think Kobe needs to be pretty high on that list. Without Kobe, the Lakers wont be in the playoffs.

But if you remove LBJ, Rose, Durant, those teams would still be in the playoffs most likely.

Love I think is a year away from this award. His team as a whole needs to improve, and make a statement, and he needs to lead the team in making this statement next season, before he has any legitimate shot at MVP. Playoffs this season with some great play from Love will get some notice, then to carry it over into next year, with being a contender, and a threat to go deep into the playoffs next season. Then he will have a legitimate chance.

They have never done the MVP with that reasoning though. If they did, LeBron should have won 6 straight.

Love will get MVP recognition if we make the playoffs, but that is all he will get.

Cfrey
04-06-2012, 06:33 PM
oh how one could dream =(

2-ONE-5
04-06-2012, 07:58 PM
8th seed doesnt put u in contention for MVP.

RealLiveBear
04-06-2012, 08:12 PM
He should be considered it was a nice turn around for the wolves. If Rubio hadn't gone down they would have been making a nice push right now.

Cal827
04-06-2012, 08:20 PM

Miami w/ Lebron = 77%
Difference of 7%

Minny - Love = 33%
Minny w/ Love = 53%

Lol I guess the idea of Wade even being an MVP Candidate are out the window now eh? :D

I love the idea. IMO, they should have used Cleveland as an example last year (I was in favor of Lebron). How a team goes from 60+ to less than 20 wins shows how valuable someone is. Well at least to me lol