PDA

View Full Version : Kidd: Refs don't respect the Mavs

SteBO
03-06-2012, 07:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7650880/jason-kidd-says-dallas-mavericks-get-benefit-doubt-officials

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Following Monday's loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder, Dallas Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd said the defending champions haven't received the benefit of the doubt from the officiating all season because they are not looked upon as champions.

Case in point: Mavs coach Rick Carlisle couldn't believe the foul called on center Ian Mahinmi as he attempted to block Thunder forward Serge Ibaka's shot with 46.2 seconds to go, providing the winning free throws in the high-intensity matchup.

Also, Dallas led 91-87 with 2:24 left, but lost 95-91 while shooting 23 fewer free throws than the Thunder. Five of Oklahoma City's final eight points came at the free-throw line and it outscored Dallas 14-2 from the line in the fourth quarter.

"We don't get the benefit of the whistle," Kidd said. "I don't think we're looked upon as champions, but that's a whole other story. Dirk (Nowitzki) should live at the line if they would call it the way it's supposed to be. But, he doesn't."

Oklahoma City held a 15-2 edge in free throw attempts in the decisive fourth quarter, and held a 33-10 edge in attempts overall for a 19-point advantage.

"Thirty-three to 10? Thirty-three free throws to 10, can I explain that?" Carlisle said. "They get to the free throw line a lot, but I don't want to be accusatory to the officials. But, I thought our guys were aggressive enough to deserve a few more chances."

After Mahinmi was whistled for the call, Kidd pled Mahinmi's case to referee Pat Fraher, to no avail.

"He didn't foul him. It was a bad call. Clean block," Kidd said. "I just said (to Fraher) it wasn't a foul. He blocked the ball and after the play he said he bumped him with his body. I don't think so. It was a bad night for the officials. It happens."
I disagree w/ Kidd about Dirk and FT opportunities, but even I wasn't very pleased w/ the officiating in the Dallas-OKC game. This has happened twice in this matchup I believe. But am I the only one getting tired of the Mavs' players trying to play the sorry victim card?

Evolution23
03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
No body respects the Mavs. They only just won a championship. What u talking about Kidd?

JC_
03-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Kidd just wants the refs to blow the whistle like they did in the finals and all will be well again.

ManRam
03-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah...I don't care Jason. You know as well as anyone that there are games where your team benefits, and games where your team doesn't. That's how the cookie crumbles. Hush up, and play.

The NBA is a league of whiners...

thedfactor
03-06-2012, 07:36 PM
It isn't the refs really in this case. Mavs just need to be more aggressive in games getting to the basket, can't count on getting 25+ FTA on jump shot fouls. Plus Dallas' execution at the end of games this year has been quite poor. No excuses

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Dirk flops a lot too with the bobbing of the head back. So actually, he's rewarded more free throw attempts than he should.

waveycrockett
03-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Stop *****ing kidd

Lakers + Giants
03-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Kidd just shut up. So the mavs need whistles to win games?

knicksfan42
03-06-2012, 07:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7650880/jason-kidd-says-dallas-mavericks-get-benefit-doubt-officials

I disagree w/ Kidd about Dirk and FT opportunities, but even I wasn't very pleased w/ the officiating in the Dallas-OKC game. This has happened twice in this matchup I believe. But am I the only one getting tired of the Mavs' players trying to play the sorry victim card?

What victim card? They are complaining about obviously rigged officiating, no question the refs went into the game with the intent of calling it in favor of the Thunder. There is ZERO excuse for the refs to have given the Thunder 23 more fts than Dallas. Great job speaking out Kidd :clap:

knicksfan42
03-06-2012, 07:42 PM

No the Mavs need the opposing team to not shoot 23 more fts than they do to win. The Thunder need whistles to win games.

Slimsim
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
this mother****er why say this before you play NY? watch them get a **** load of call

waveycrockett
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM

No the Mavs need the opposing team to not shoot 23 more fts than they do to win. The Thunder need whistles to win games.
Or Maybe Mavs shouldnt have stocked up on washed up fools this year and got guys who can get to the hoop and draw contact

nirvana235
03-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Why can't a foul be a foul no matter which player it is or what team their on? Are refs really that bad that they can't make their own judgement on a call without outside influence?

SteBO
03-06-2012, 07:46 PM
What victim card? They are complaining about obviously rigged officiating, no question the refs went into the game with the intent of calling it in favor of the Thunder. There is ZERO excuse for the refs to have given the Thunder 23 more fts than Dallas. Great job speaking out Kidd :clap:
Marion has whined, Terry has whined, and now Kidd not to mention Rick Carslisle. Enough already.....However, I do think that the officiating last night was bad. I think OKC got a lot of bail out calls in their favor, but it's not like the Mavs haven't gotten them either (hence why I'm tired of the complaining).

Greet
03-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Yeah...I don't care Jason. You know as well as anyone that there are games where your team benefits, and games where your team doesn't. That's how the cookie crumbles. Hush up, and play.

What are we considering whining?

The Thunder shot 23 more FT's than the Mavs, there's no excuse for that. In most cases that's almost 25% of a teams points, just from the line.

Lakerhead4ever
03-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Mavs won the championship?

amos1er
03-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Typical story for Kevin Durant and the Thunder. I remember a few years back when the Lakers beat them in the first round. Phil Jackson had called attention to the unfair treatment Durant was getting from the officials prior to game one. Of course he was slapped with a fine from comrade Stern and the bias treatment continued. In both of the OKC home games that they won in that series, the Thunder dwarfed the Lakers in free throw attempts. The league and media insisted that the Thunder were just more aggressive at home. lol :rolleyes:

I recently read an article that broke down NBA players and who gets superstar treatment from the refs. Funny how the NBA and Stern apologists always say the more aggressive superstar gets the calls and the refs don't reward jump shooters. Well, this article said that 88% of Durants fg attempts are jump shots compared to 57% for Lebron. Yet, Durant gets to the line more than Lebron per the amount of field goals he attempts. Doesn't something seem a little odd about that? Especially when Phil Jackson called out Durant a few years ago for getting to the line early and often.

Tanakid777
03-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Meh, he's just venting. It means nothing. He was just angry in the moment due to the piss poor officiating from last night. Move on

Lakerhead4ever
03-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Durant is so frail, even a hand check knocks him off his balance. refs have to call that

thedfactor
03-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Everyone in the NBA whines, yall need to stop WOW

Public Enemy #1
03-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Thunder get so many BS calls, its not even funny. I didn't watch the Thunder/Mavericks game yesterday but I'm not surprised the Thunder went to the line 23 more time than the Mavs... Durant gets superstar treatment and gets calls that Lebron,Wade, Bryant get. It all started like 3 years ago, Durant began to go to the line like 10-11 times per game. Everybody was amazed by his 29 ppg average, yet they failed to realize how many times he was getting bailed out by the refs. Don't get me wrong, he's good but he shouldn't be going to the line that much, he's not a penetrator. He barely draws contact, he acts...

llemon
03-06-2012, 08:18 PM

You think if Cuban was keeping his mouth shut, as he did last season, the Mavs might be getting a few more calls from the refs?

Gram
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Kidd: Gram doesn't respect the Mavs either.

llemon
03-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Point is, who cares what Kidd says.

He has been spouting total crap his entire career. In that respect, he is the NBA version of Gary Carter.

Greet
03-06-2012, 08:41 PM

He has been spouting total crap his entire career. In that respect, he is the NBA version of Gary Carter.

Whaat? How can you even say this. Jason Kidd is one of the best players ever.

waveycrockett
03-06-2012, 09:23 PM

What are we considering whining?

The Thunder shot 23 more FT's than the Mavs, there's no excuse for that. In most cases that's almost 25% of a teams points, just from the line.

Of course there is its called Westbrook, Durant, Harden. Who do the Mavs have who can get to the basket and draw a foul?

JJ_JKidd
03-06-2012, 09:37 PM

Lol @ you, honestly.

Back to the topic, of course refs would want JOKElahoma Blunders to win that's WHY. JKidd has seen a lot in this league, contributed a lot to the game, so what he says should be considered. The guy rarely complains chrisake and when he does, it means something.

ESPN said as well:

The Mavericks suffered a tough loss to the Thunder Monday night. Point guard Jason Kidd attributes the loss to the referees not respecting the Mavericks as champions and thus not giving them the benefit of the doubt on foul calls. This led to the Thunder getting to the charity stripe in the fourth quarter with ease. Does Kidd have a point or is he just a sore loser? Cast your votes below.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/7651848/do-mavericks-deserve-more-calls

Yeah a Hall of Famer and Olympian deserves to be called a sore loser oh yeah. F ESPN.

JJ_JKidd
03-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Of course there is its called Westbrook, Durant, Harden. Who do the Mavs have who can get to the basket and draw a foul?

Carlisle believed Nowitzki -- who described the Mahinmi foul call as "brutal" -- got hacked without a call being made after the critical foul called on Mahinmi.

"I'm in disbelief that there was a foul call on Mahinmi," Carlisle said. "I just watched the play five times; I mean it's a block. It's an enormous play. And then Nowitzki gets hit on the arm at the other end and there's no call. So, I'm at a loss. I apologize for that."

waveycrockett
03-06-2012, 09:56 PM

Carlisle believed Nowitzki -- who described the Mahinmi foul call as "brutal" -- got hacked without a call being made after the critical foul called on Mahinmi.

"I'm in disbelief that there was a foul call on Mahinmi," Carlisle said. "I just watched the play five times; I mean it's a block. It's an enormous play. And then Nowitzki gets hit on the arm at the other end and there's no call. So, I'm at a loss. I apologize for that."

Ok thats ONE instance. There always will be a huge free throw disparity between these two teams as long as Thunder have all the young athletic perimeter players.

ManningToTyree
03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Refs: Kidd don't respect his wife.

SmartestGuyHere
03-06-2012, 10:40 PM
cool team of jump shooters asking for foul calls.

llemon
03-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Whaat? How can you even say this. Jason Kidd is one of the best players ever.

As I am a Net fan from when they were in the ABA, I have to admit I did actually watch and root for Kidd for a number of years in the 2000's.

Incredible basketball player, and also an incredible liar and POS.

What did I say that you disagree with?

xxplayerxx23
03-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Lol Dont respect them shoulda told the refs in todays game Dirk got sneezed on they called a foul

JJ_JKidd
03-07-2012, 12:10 AM

Lol yea

NYsFinest
03-07-2012, 12:21 AM
The referees this year in general make me want to :puke:

As much as I love basketball, it is by far the worst run professional sports league and I despise David Stern. With all these superstars making demands and ******** refs, I really hate that I love this game.

ghettosean
03-07-2012, 12:26 AM
LOL... True!!!

ghettosean
03-07-2012, 12:30 AM
the referees this year in general make me want to :puke:

As much as i love basketball, it is by far the worst run professional sports league and i despise david stern. With all these superstars making demands and ******** refs, i really hate that i love this game.
+1

MagicHero3
03-07-2012, 10:26 AM
the refs really are david stern's minions.

u should have seen the horrible foul calls they were calling against the Magic last night.
and my guess for why they were screwein Dallas over is that Stern wanted the Heat to win last yr.

of course this is pure speculation and i have no proof, but i friggin hate david stern, hes a power hungry doushe

MagicHero3
03-07-2012, 10:34 AM
heres some literature on how corrupt and greedy David Stern truly is...

During the 1985 NBA Draft Lottery, the NBA used a system where seven envelopes representing the seven teams with the worst records were mixed in a tumbler, and then drawn by Stern one at a time to determine which of these clubs would get the 1st pick onwards up to the 7th pick. When these envelopes were added to the tumbler, two envelopes were put in forcibly, and banged against the edge, while all the rest were set in gently. When drawing the envelope for the 1st pick, Stern went for the one with a bent corner, which upon opening the envelope, it was revealed that the New York Knicks logo was inside. This fueled speculation of a draft fix, with the theory being that the NBA wanted to send the best player in the draft to New York to increase ratings in a large television market

Before the 2005-06 season, the NBA announced a new dress code, which banned players from wearing headphones, chains, shorts, sleeveless shirts, indoor sunglasses, T-shirts, jerseys and headgear such as baseball caps during NBA-related public appearances. Allen Iverson criticized the policy: "They're targeting guys who dress like me, guys who dress hip-hop ... I think they went way overboard

-Wikipedia

LAKobeBryant
03-07-2012, 05:22 PM
fined 25k for public criticism

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-07/mavericks-jason-kidd-is-fined-25-000-by-nba-for-criticizing-referees.html

JC_
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM

u should have seen the horrible foul calls they were calling against the Magic last night.
and my guess for why they were screwein Dallas over is that Stern wanted the Heat to win last yr.

of course this is pure speculation and i have no proof, but i friggin hate david stern, hes a power hungry doushe

The funny thing about last year was the Heat got pretty favorable calls up until game 2 of the finals and then bam it was the exact opposite. The nba is so sketchy when it comes to officiating it's ridiculous.

NY007
03-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Really cause last time I checked Dirk is one of the biggest cry babies in the NBA and gets calls left and right.

Ok he's not on the level of Wade and Lebron with crying and getting calls but he's up there.

John Walls Era
03-07-2012, 08:51 PM

If Stern really wanted the Heat to win, he could've done so easily.

JC_
03-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Ok he's not on the level of Wade and Lebron with crying and getting calls but he's up there.

Yeah right :eyebrow:

CudiOnMyiPod
03-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Really cause last time I checked Dirk is one of the biggest cry babies in the NBA and gets calls left and right.

No...

Dirk is one of the classiest guys in sports and makes remarks after BS like this.

Ironic, because Carmelo is arguably the biggest baby in the NBA.

JJ_JKidd
03-08-2012, 12:19 AM
If Stern really wanted the Heat to win, he could've done so easily.

Lebron choking did not help...

Wade>You
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Dirk (Nowitzki) should live at the line if they would call it the way it's supposed to be. I lol'd because Dirk doesn't even attack the paint, he spends most of his time chucking jumpshots and somehow he still reaches the line more than other players in that same game.

Refs "respected" Mavs enough for them to get away with 18 minutes of foul free basketball in Game 2 of the Finals while parading to the line. Kidd needs to shut up already and realize that the success of the Mavs hinges on the referees, something he admits to himself.

Ebbs
03-08-2012, 02:33 PM
It has been edgy this year.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I lol'd because Dirk doesn't even attack the paint, he spends most of his time chucking jumpshots and somehow he still reaches the line more than other players in that same game.

Refs "respected" Mavs enough for them to get away with 18 minutes of foul free basketball in Game 2 of the Finals while parading to the line. Kidd needs to shut up already and realize that the success of the Mavs hinges on the referees, something he admits to himself.

Someone is still upset that Miami was the second best team in the NBA last season.

Irony at its greatest. The 2006 Finals was the most rigged Finals ever with Wade getting near 100 ft. Refs were the reason Miami won.

You say that the refs were the reason we won last season? In Game 2, Dallas locked down Miami in the Final 5 minutes and Dirk won the game with a big 3 and a driving layup. Game 4, Dirk won with a layup. Games 5 and 6, we locked ya'll down and Jason Terry showed up. But please keep saying that the refs gave us the trophy and keep giving us no respect.

mRc08
03-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I would expect someone who has played as long as kidd would not complain about the refs. it goes either way sometimes, and there are always going to be questionable calls. but thats the way the game is played, and has been since its existence. I understand why he would say this, to hopefully get better calls next time. But excuses for losses are the cowards way out.

SteBO
03-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Someone is still upset that Miami was the second best team in the NBA last season.

Irony at its greatest. The 2006 Finals was the most rigged Finals ever with Wade getting near 100 ft. Refs were the reason Miami won.

You say that the refs were the reason we won last season? In Game 2, Dallas locked down Miami in the Final 5 minutes and Dirk won the game with a big 3 and a driving layup. Game 4, Dirk won with a layup. Games 5 and 6, we locked ya'll down and Jason Terry showed up. But please keep saying that the refs gave us the trophy and keep giving us no respect.
You mean like how you're giving MIA no credit for 2006? And you're chastising him? Mkay.

NY007
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM
No...

Dirk is one of the classiest guys in sports and makes remarks after BS like this.

Ironic, because Carmelo is arguably the biggest baby in the NBA.

Hey listen I like Dirk but he gets a lot of calls, but he does cry a lot.

lavilevi23
03-09-2012, 01:21 PM
you mean like how you're giving mia no credit for 2006? And you're chastising him? Mkay.

+1

ll_eric_ll
03-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I lol'd because Dirk doesn't even attack the paint, he spends most of his time chucking jumpshots and somehow he still reaches the line more than other players in that same game.

I cant believe a Heat fan is complaining about my Mavs and officiating. If it wasnt for tha refs back in 06' Mavs wil have a pair of trophys, and yall would have none. Kidd is known across tha league as a solid leader, and hardly ever comes out like he did and critisises officiating. His comments came after a tough loss against really our only competition out west, in a poorly officiated game,... Leaders say uncomfortable things that need to be said, and this team is full of veterant leaders. I have no problem with his comments, i agree with them...

SteBO
03-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Heat fans shouldn't even comment in here. Your team gets more calls then anyone and your team is full of cry babies. Go do something else bandwagoners
Its a forum dude, not sure if you're aware.....

JJ_JKidd
03-13-2012, 09:27 PM
I would expect someone who has played as long as kidd would not complain about the refs. it goes either way sometimes, and there are always going to be questionable calls. but thats the way the game is played, and has been since its existence. I understand why he would say this, to hopefully get better calls next time. But excuses for losses are the cowards way out.

Heard Rose was fined for criticizing refs. Kidd didnt want the call to himself, he wanted it for Dirk as opposed to Rose who wanted it called to himself.

At any rate, you have two point guards (1 HOF, 1 clearly destined to be there) who clearly are displeased with the officiating this season.

And oh, to that Heat fan who b!tches about the Heat's Finals loss? Ugh, blame your primadonna star instead ayt? How many sucky 4th Qs? Ugh okay? Lol :D