PDA

View Full Version : Should Griffen be suspended???

Sota4Ever
03-06-2012, 02:36 PM
skip to 1:23 of the video. Griffen intentionally pulls down ridnour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCumzdk9ObU&feature=player_embedded

Boston-Born
03-06-2012, 02:39 PM
He was trying to catch his balance...

Hawkeye15
03-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Just like Love was regaining his balance on Scola's face, right?

Its a non-issue most likely.

Sactown
03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Accidental contact? It's natural reaction to grab something when you're falling.. none issue

NothingbutWill
03-06-2012, 02:45 PM

What does that have anything to do with this video? Griffen was falling and was just trying to find something to hold onto, it's a natural reflex.

CarniifeX
03-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Hardly. Ridnour pulled him down if anything, Griffin was trying to break his fall. His off arm didn't do anything to pull him either it was just resting on his shoulders.

Madtown22
03-06-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't think he will be punished for this. He was T'd up, that was enough. Wolves won by 1 point.

Iron24th
03-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Who cares about flop city

Chronz
03-06-2012, 03:15 PM

No where near it

This is much more likely to get rescinded than escalated to a suspension.

hoopsguy820
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
No way, it deserved a Tech but not a suspension. I do believe it was on purpose because he literally grabbed his shoulder but definitely not suspension worthy. It played out how it should have.

king4day
03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
I'd lean more towards he was trying to hang onto something. It was a really fast play.

ThunderousDemon
Another bash thread. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/47b20s0.gif

alencp3
lol is this a joke? he didnt even deserve the tech...

Chronz
No way, it deserved a Tech but not a suspension. I do believe it was on purpose because he literally grabbed his shoulder but definitely not suspension worthy. It played out how it should have.

Yup, I think the fact that we lost the game by a measly point and had these kind of Technicals is punishment enough.

Avenged
03-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Just because it was "natural" doesn't make it right. That's a scary play right there, Ridnour is lucky not to have gotten hurt since his knee bent awkwardly. I don't think it was intentional for it to merit a suspension but the technical foul they called sounds right. It just looked really bad live.

hgtiger32
03-06-2012, 03:35 PM
everyone is getting too soft nowadays

smith&wesson
03-06-2012, 03:35 PM
it is a non contact sport. even if your falling you, doesnt me your allowed to grab another player. but suspended ? i think not.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2012, 03:37 PM
What does that have anything to do with this video? Griffen was falling and was just trying to find something to hold onto, it's a natural reflex.

well, he was a bit more violent then trying to catch his balance, but as I said, its a non-issue imo. Move on, nothing malicious in my eyes.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2012, 03:38 PM
No where near it

This is much more likely to get rescinded than escalated to a suspension.

Nothing should happen. Blake should not be punished for the action.

twin4life
03-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Who cares about flop city

x2 :clap:
Another thing not only that but Griffen acted like a little stuck up kid last night. There was a time when the ball was rolling away from the wolves and refs and griffen ran by it slowed down thought about picking it up then he didnt. The crowd gave let him know they didnt like his attitude.

Hustla23
03-06-2012, 03:47 PM
That was a pretty douche move if you ask me. There was no reason to grab the guy and Ridnour easily could have torn a ligament with a guy three times his size pulling him down awkwardly.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2012, 03:47 PM
x2 :clap:
Another thing not only that but Griffen acted like a little stuck up kid last night. There was a time when the ball was rolling away from the wolves and refs and griffen ran by it slowed down thought about picking it up then he didnt. The crowd gave let him know they didnt like his attitude.

I haven't noticed much of a difference this year with Blake's game, but I have only watched him probably 5 times. Chronz may be able to help. But I hope the kid didn't go all Hollywood and stop working his tail off like he did after his injured year, and rookie season. It would be awesome to have the next group of PF's emerging.

beasted86
03-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Off topic, but is there anyone anywhere named Griffen?

I see people spelling it like it's commonly spelled like that. Like I understand misspelling Dwyane Wade as Dwayne Wade, but not Griffin.

Chronz
03-06-2012, 03:51 PM
I haven't noticed much of a difference this year with Blake's game, but I have only watched him probably 5 times. Chronz may be able to help. But I hope the kid didn't go all Hollywood and stop working his tail off like he did after his injured year, and rookie season. It would be awesome to have the next group of PF's emerging.

Thats his thing, he thinks his effort alone constitutes getting every call. He still works his *** off but hes always complaining to the refs, which is the dumbest thing you can do.

310Casper
03-06-2012, 03:52 PM
These type of things are happening with griffin almost weekly now.

I like griffin and want to believe its because of his aggresive play, so he's bound to have big falls more often than not. But im starting to believe he's a dirty player, up there with the Bruce Bowens of the world. Eventually he's gonna hurt another player badly.

Cfrey
03-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Griffin is a dirty player and a douche bag and its not even because of last night...

He's arrogant.. He whines.. He thinks he's hot ****..

Like last night the ball was rolling to half court after the Clippers made a shot and the whole team was already back on defense.. The wolves were waiting to throw the ball in.. Griffin is running towards the ball to grab it and either throw it back to the ref or throw it back towards Love so we can inbounds the ball..

He starts to reach for the ball and then just lets it go and keeps running down the court.. Like I just don't get that.. I know its not his job but the way it happened makes me think he is such a ******.. Like there was absolutely ZERO reason not to grab the ball and throw it back to someone.

Wolfman01
03-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Blake Griffin should of been toss from the game, suspended and fined money for the incident. It was a serious play and Luke Ridnour could of broken his collar bone.

WadeKobe
03-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Should have been a flagrant. Don't know enough to know what else that might mean.

WSU Tony
03-06-2012, 05:13 PM
If Pekovic was falling and pulled Griffin down ESPN would cause a media frenzie.

beasted86
03-06-2012, 05:18 PM
It wasn't a technical, it should have been a flagrant 2.

Too much reckless abandon in fouling a player.

JasonJohnHorn
03-06-2012, 06:22 PM
I see it as a non-issue as well.

Chronz
03-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Griffin is a dirty player and a douche bag and its not even because of last night...

He's arrogant.. He whines.. He thinks he's hot ****..

Like last night the ball was rolling to half court after the Clippers made a shot and the whole team was already back on defense.. The wolves were waiting to throw the ball in.. Griffin is running towards the ball to grab it and either throw it back to the ref or throw it back towards Love so we can inbounds the ball..

He starts to reach for the ball and then just lets it go and keeps running down the court.. Like I just don't get that.. I know its not his job but the way it happened makes me think he is such a ******.. Like there was absolutely ZERO reason not to grab the ball and throw it back to someone.
LOL I can tell you dont watch him much, especially if your comparing him to Bowen, hes far from a dirty player. And there is nothing wrong with what he did, oh no he didnt pass the ball back to you guys LMFAO.

Evolution23
03-06-2012, 07:23 PM
All I ask is the NBA keep consistent and not let superstars get off easily. He should get suspended.

Cracka2HI!
03-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Yea Blake got run over from behind, but yea he should probably be suspended.

YoungOne
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
who is this griffen?

KG4MVP
03-06-2012, 07:47 PM
if you place the foul in context, griffen was getting extremely frustrated in that fourth quarter and I think it was on purpose. It is a not suspension worthy, but if you think it doesnt at least deserve a technical, thats crazy...

Cracka2HI!
03-06-2012, 07:49 PM
I thought it was a flagrant on Ridinour.

D1JM
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
how the **** is that a natural reaction. the idiot even dove to hang on and bring him down.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Thats his thing, he thinks his effort alone constitutes getting every call. He still works his *** off but hes always complaining to the refs, which is the dumbest thing you can do.

Love does that once in a while, and it drives me nuts. Shut up and get back. Talk to the ref at the next dead ball calmly if you really have a beef.

SpaceJamJordans
03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Laker fans hate the Clippers so much...

Twins Fanatic
03-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Yes, its looked pretty intentional, I'm sure he was pissed that Ridnour broke up his highlight reel.

Piercefan34
03-06-2012, 08:34 PM
uhmm..no lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he4OY6gJNX4 <-- that, however should have been a suspension.

FLWolvesFan
03-06-2012, 10:12 PM
That was intentional and he deserves a game suspension, maybe two. I didn't think it was on purpose last night watching it live but after viewing the replay a few times there's no doubt that it was intentional. He lunged out for Ridnour's shoulder out of frustration and dangerously brought him down, it's as bad as Love's stomp if not worse.

ManningToTyree
03-06-2012, 10:22 PM
no suspension

ghettosean
03-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Blake was out of control doesn't look like an issue to me

Flashsides
03-07-2012, 12:36 AM
uhmm..no lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he4OY6gJNX4 <-- that, however should have been a suspension.

1. Irrelevant.
2. CLEARLY not on purpose. You can literally watch Wade accidentally fall. He and Rondo were hanging on to each other and then Wade slipped. Of course Rondo was going to fall.

ESPN:

Replays showed that after Rondo poked the ball away from Wade that it was Rondo who may have made the first move. Rondo appeared to grab Wade's waist and pull him back away from the loose ball. Wade reacted by grabbing Rondo's waist and pulling him backward over Wade's leg, causing Rondo to crash to the court.

"It was a hard foul," Rivers said. "Let's put it like this. He didn't intend to hurt Rondo."

scion52
03-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Blake won't be suspended. Nor fined. As a Wolves fan, I think it'd be completely ridiculous if either happened. Blake had no ill-intent here. Looked like he was losing his balance and was simply trying to catch himself. It was unfortunate that Luke just happened to be in that position, but accidents happen sometimes. Let's just be glad neither of them got hurt.

Hellcrooner
03-07-2012, 09:54 AM
i stern going to suspend his new golden boy in his designated team wich he tampered to get them paul?

You are kidding.

4wanderingeyes
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM
As with the call, its just time to shrug your shoulders and move on. It was a hard play, and I am sure the NBA will watch for more from Blake, but this one was called correctly, he got T'd up, and should have. That was his warning, now he just needs to play smarter.

MackShock
03-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Griffin, not Griffen.

MackShock
03-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Laker fans hate the Clippers so much...

Why should they? Lakers own like 90% of LA. unless they feel threatened this season..

Cracka2HI!
03-07-2012, 06:31 PM
I LOVE how much hate the Clippers are getting now! Show's we've arrived!! This play probably should have been a flagrant on Blake, when I first saw it, it clearly looked like a flargrant on Ridinour, after looking(about 30 times) it looks like a foul on Ridinour(although he made a really good play on the ball) and a flagrant on Blake. Not sure how the refs could have made that call in full speed. Blake got Td up for talking crap.

Anyhow, no this is not suspense worthy even though Blake is apparently some crybaby douche who isn't even a good player. You guys are idiots who obviously watch no Clipper games if you think that. Blake gets BY FAR the most non calls of anyone in the league. Probably 10 times more than Kobe. He gets hit in face probably twice a game with no call and rarely if ever complains. Try watching a game before you judge :facepalm: