PDA

View Full Version : Lin better speed results than rose and wall -- starting mph >>> usain bolt!!! Wow

goNYgoNYgo!!!
03-05-2012, 11:04 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...the-fast-lane/

FASTER START SPEED THAN USAIN BOLT!
http://thebamboxscore.com/2012/02/29/more-linsights/

Thursday, March 1st, 2012 at 11:31 am | 24 responses

Life in the Fast Lane

Is Jeremy Lin the new talent code for the NBA?

by Kurt Brungardt

The basketball world is wondering… Is Jeremy Lin for real? Now, another piece of the Lin puzzle has emerged.

Lin’s pre-Draft speed numbers have surfaced, giving fans new information and suggesting a new talent code for NBA success. The equation goes like this: Four years of college + a high BAM score for speed = JEREMY LIN.

Basic Athletic Measurement (BAM) is the company that administers athletic tests for the NBA Draft Combine. The Combine is an annual event where the top NBA Draft prospects (only an elite group of about 60 get invited every year) are tested for speed, strength, agility and jumping ability. BAM prides itself on being the gold standard for athletic testing, using the latest computer technology and electronic timing equipment to achieve consistent results.

Pro teams analyze these test numbers in every conceivable way to increase their odds of drafting an impact player. Lin did not get an NBA Draft Combine invite, but he did have a BAM score. Lin’s numbers for speed were released on the BAM blog today.

Lin was tested in another, less known combine—the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (PIT). Although it’s under the radar, the Portsmouth Invitational, now in its 60th year, is actually the original Combine. Eligibility is simple: You have to be a college senior and have played college ball for four years. This automatically rules out many blue-chip recruits who leave after a year in college or go pro right out of high school.

But the basketball players at Portsmouth, with four years of college under their belt, have developed a more complete skill set (passing, shooting, handling the ball, seeing the court, finishing with both hands, playing team defense, etc.) that many former McDonald’s All Americans and 18-year-old European phenoms don’t have going into the pros. It’s hard to develop these basics in the heat of NBA competition, and it’s hard to master them in high school.

Jeremy Lin already has a Tony Parker teardrop. Parker didn’t come into the League with his trademark move. It took him several seasons to develop it. Lin developed his at Harvard. That’s one key factor in the Lin equation—four years of college ball. This is the known quantity in the equation.

But how about speed—the pure athleticism that blue chip recruits possess? Speed is a key attribute for a point guard. He has to be able to penetrate and break down the defense. So, how do Lin’s speed numbers compare with the top NBA point guards? The good news is we can compare apples to apples. Portsmouth does the same tests as the NBA Combine, and BAM administers the tests.

Brett Brungardt, BAM’s founder and former NBA strength and conditioning coach (Dallas Mavericks, 2000-2002), breaks down Lin’s speed numbers.

“Lin’s numbers are very impressive,” Brungardt says. “In the three-quarter court sprint, which is 25 yards, Lin’s BAM numbers compare favorably to Derrick Rose, John Wall and Kyrie Irving.”

So how fast is Jeremy Lin?

BAM gives three numbers: average speed, start speed, and top-end speed. BAM translates this into miles per hour. Average speed is calculated by an algorithm that averages start speed and top speed. Start speed is the first burst of speed, the acceleration phase. Top speed is shifting gears out of the acceleration to one’s peak speed. Here’s how Lin’s BAM numbers compare in the 25 yard sprint.

AVERAGE SPEED

Jeremy Lin: 16.66 mph

Derrick Rose: 16.60 mph

John Wall: 16.48 mph

Kyrie Irving: 15.67 mph

Lin wins this battle.

START SPEED

Lin: 13.93 mph

Wall: 13.25 mph

Irving: 12.64 mph

For Rose, BAM has only average speed data.

Lin wins this battle too.

TOP SPEED

Lin: 18.85 mph

Wall: 19.30 mph

Irving: 18.74 mph

Lin comes in second to Wall.

Lin’s speed, combined with his court skills and his basketball intelligence, make his emergence as an effective NBA player a little less surprising. It also explains why he’s made NBA teams, even if he was eventually released with very little playing time. To get an NBA contract means scouts and coaches were sufficiently impressed.

“Speed and acceleration are key components of athletic success,” Brungardt explains. “Standardized testing and BAM’s added data points for start speed and top speed give scouts the information they need to evaluate a player’s athleticism. The numbers show that speed-wise, Lin is in the elite ballpark.”

Is speed, plus four years of college ball, the new formula for NBA success? Has Lin cracked the code? Are there more Jeremy Lins out there? Regardless, we have one more piece of the Lin puzzle. He’s fast.

No more "Deceptively Quick" please. This guy is extremely athletic!

itsripcity32
03-05-2012, 11:07 PM
He wasn't quick enough to stop Rondo. ;)

Badluck33
03-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Hall of Fame.

thekmp211
03-05-2012, 11:12 PM
but is he 6'10?

itsripcity32
03-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Or D Will. Or any other superior pgs he will encounter ;)

chitown4eva88
03-05-2012, 11:22 PM
To bad he can't hold on to the ball while going at that speed. The dude is a fraud, everyone was hyping him because the savior at PG that the Knicks needed. Well guess what Knick fans you still need a PG.

AntiG
he's no Mike James

BALLER R
so why does those other point guard seem quicker than him when hes facing them

Pierzynski4Prez
03-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Wait, who's Jeremy Lin?

BALLER R
03-05-2012, 11:23 PM
This whole Lin thing is overrated

Pierzynski4Prez
03-05-2012, 11:24 PM
so why does those other point guard seem quicker than him when hes facing them

Probably because the 3 guys they are comparing to Lin were basically consensus #1 picks, therefore most likely didn't give 2 ***** what times they ran at these combines.

D1JM
03-05-2012, 11:25 PM
my ***

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 11:27 PM
I thought linsanity was over? He just looks overwhelmed now playing agasint elite defenses.

Being able to run fast means nothing if you cant control the ball

Gritz
03-05-2012, 11:28 PM
He's no mike jones

bears88
03-05-2012, 11:31 PM
as much as I hate the knicks I like Lin seems like a good guy.

Gram
03-05-2012, 11:32 PM
He's no Gram.

oak2455
03-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Wade just fouled out:D

ghettosean
03-05-2012, 11:35 PM
I thought linsanity was over? He just looks overwhelmed now playing agasint elite defenses.

This...

Lin has great potential but he needs sometime to develop I think he will be a special player in the league when he puts it all together.

thekmp211
03-05-2012, 11:36 PM

he's played, like, 10 meaningful nba games. good defenses were bound to adjust to his tendencies. miami is a defensive monster and rondo was on a mission, specifically. he adjusted well in the 2nd half yesterday after a miserable 1st half.

the point is he's a capable nba athlete. the knicks will need to find a good balance to let him develop without hanging him out to dry, especially on defense.

Mr_Jones
03-05-2012, 11:36 PM
but is he 6'10?

No, he is not.

But Paul George is... Have you seen him? 6'10!

Fresno
03-05-2012, 11:44 PM

/Thread

Sinestro
03-05-2012, 11:48 PM
He can be faster but the other players are still better than him

mjt20mik
03-06-2012, 12:05 AM
but is he 6'10?

:clap:

NYsFinest
03-06-2012, 12:08 AM
To bad he can't hold on to the ball while going at that speed. The dude is a fraud, everyone was hyping him because the savior at PG that the Knicks needed. Well guess what Knick fans you still need a PG.

I know people are annoyed with all the hype, even I as a Knick fan am not a huge fan of the media trying to make all the money they can off him, while putting all this pressure on him to fail. However people have to remember he is a young PG with less NBA experience than players like Ricky Rubio. He will learn, he is not some 10 year vet that had a few good weeks and he will only get better. He has shown flashes that he can be one of the better PGs in this league with time, and to hear people root against a humble and hardworking kid just because ESPN created a monster for ratings makes me :mad:.

smiddy012
03-06-2012, 12:13 AM
DRose would hypothetically break the end to end dribbling world record... according to Sports Science (go ahead look it up).

Now both this and the OP sound CRAZY, the difference is that this isn't BS.

smiddy012
03-06-2012, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERGhp0D-vac

check it.

chitownbears89
03-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Seen it. They are all estimates though.

smiddy012
03-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Seen it. They are all estimates though.

Technically so is the big bang...

justinnum1
03-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Technically so is the big bang...

lol

Yanks All Day
03-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Lin seems like a good man who is now going to be vastly overrated and end up hated by everyone outside of New York, ala Tebow in Denver. Sad but true reality it seems.

kmo429
03-06-2012, 01:25 AM
So many haters in here. He's good, he's no fraud. End of story. Tons of talent and only gonna get better with experience

oak2455
03-06-2012, 01:27 AM
The OP's claim doesn't pass the eye test. I've seen Lin play, does he look faster than Rose/Wall/Westbrook to you?

Hellz to the nah

NO:D Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy:facepalm:

Evolution23
03-06-2012, 01:33 AM
He's fast but he is still turnover prone. Still only a rookie with less than 20 games under his belt. Will improve on all areas of play including forcing the issue. What you can't teach is basketball IQ and fearlessness which he has already.

NJrockPD
03-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Mike James can't even stop Mike James.

Sactown
03-06-2012, 01:35 AM
No, he is not.

But Paul George is... Have you seen him? 6'10!

That was last month bro.. he's a staggering 7'4 now

MrfadeawayJB
03-06-2012, 01:45 AM
Mind blown

Raph12
03-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Were Wall and Rose jogging?...

NetSymptom
03-06-2012, 03:27 AM
Important question to ask:

When does any player in the NBA run on a straight line for 25 yards without disruption?

LA_Raiders
03-06-2012, 04:10 AM
lol, he is getting schooled by all good PGs in the league. Dont get me wrong he plays great vs trash PGs like Fisher...

MJ-BULLS
03-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Were Wall and Rose jogging?...

:laugh2:

HrtHustleNMscle
03-06-2012, 05:02 AM
Probably because the 3 guys they are comparing to Lin were basically consensus #1 picks, therefore most likely didn't give 2 ***** what times they ran at these combines.

I'm willing to wager Rose is faster than Lin in every way if he were to test out completely. This Jeremy Lin stuff has gotten old, he shouldn't be in the convo with some of these guys.

abe_froman
03-06-2012, 05:13 AM
in a race between lin and the flash ,how much does lin win by?

mustaine
03-06-2012, 05:31 AM
I must point out, it's not really about how fast you can move but rather about how much control you have over your body when going full speed. Also making decisions at a high speed is an important factor to look at. You can go really fast but make tons of mistakes when you switch to that high gear.

Having said that, I'm not knocking anyone on those lists. All are great athletes.

NothingbutWill
03-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Lin seems like a good man who is now going to be vastly overrated and end up hated by everyone outside of New York, ala Tebow in Denver. Sad but true reality it seems.

Agreed. All this hype isn't doing him good at all and my friends from NY are actually tired of all the Lin hype and talk now. They were ecstatic about it when he first emerged now it's like "can't they talk about the other players on the team"?

Badluck33
03-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Important question to ask:

When does any player in the NBA run on a straight line for 25 yards without disruption?

Why are you being a troll?

Do not disrespect J-Lin on these forums...

h2r09
03-06-2012, 08:10 AM
so this means he turns the ball over quicker than any other player in the nba as well?

oak2455
03-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Zzzzzz love the Lin hate kinda pathetic

Reversed86Curse
03-06-2012, 08:45 AM
OH MY GOD, HE'S SO INCREDIBLE! Lin has shown he can't sustain the level of play that led to Linsanity so Knicks fans have to find something else to make him seem better than he is.

PhillyFaninLA
03-06-2012, 08:47 AM
speed =/= skill
speed =/= the hall of fame
speed =/= all star level
speed =/= proven ability to play
speed =/= hitting a shot, defending someone, or making a pass

speed = how fast you can go or your initial burst and nothing else

Time will be the only thing that will tell us what Lin is and as of now he is not a top 5 PG. We'll see in a year or two if he is the next over-hyped guy or a player.

thesprite
03-06-2012, 09:18 AM
will he run in the olympics? I guess usain bolt has to train harder or else...

wait, basketball forum?

john545455
03-06-2012, 09:24 AM
I didn't read the whole article, but my guess this is based on game footage. No one was actually going full speed. Hands down in a foot race all those guys are faster. No offense to anyone, but the NFL combine has proven no one runs faster than African Americans. Your lucky to run a 4.5 forty if your not. Usain bolt might be slower than a lot of people off the start, but top end no one compares.

goshhhjosh
03-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Here's my "cool story bro" moment.

I graduated from Churchland High School (Portsmouth, VA), where the PIT is played. Practically shuts down the school when they're in town.

Rockice_8
03-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Give it another week or 2 and Baron Davis will be playing more minutes. Not starting but playing more minutes overall and playing down the stretch.

Weezy
03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Agreed. All this hype isn't doing him good at all and my friends from NY are actually tired of all the Lin hype and talk now. They were ecstatic about it when he first emerged now it's like "can't they talk about the other players on the team"?

This basically sums it up. Let the kid play basketball.

dee279
03-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Lin be looking slow. I think Lin just tried a little harder then the others. He looks Steve Nash speed on the court imo and steve nash wont be winning no races against Westbrook, Rose, Rondo, T Parker, or John Wall and neither would Lin.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Agh . I got my daily dose of petty hate from the nba forum.

Gritz
03-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I know people are annoyed with all the hype, even I as a Knick fan am not a huge fan of the media trying to make all the money they can off him, while putting all this pressure on him to fail. However people have to remember he is a young PG with less NBA experience than players like Ricky Rubio. He will learn, he is not some 10 year vet that had a few good weeks and he will only get better. He has shown flashes that he can be one of the better PGs in this league with time, and to hear people root against a humble and hardworking kid just because ESPN created a monster for ratings makes me :mad:.

You gettin mad over somebody you don't know

smh

Besides, that's a grown man not a kid

CudiOnMyiPod
03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
I heard the Jeremy Lin has already made the HOF and that for the next 8 years, the Knicks automatically win the championship before the season starts.

Jeremy Lin > Michael Jordan

oak2455
03-06-2012, 12:18 PM
kids off again from school this week???

nycsports2
03-06-2012, 12:38 PM
lol ^

nycsports2
03-06-2012, 12:43 PM
lol some of these posts about lin are funny i think the chi fans are getting worse than mia at this point smh but anyway i dont think this is a big deal the kids obviously a good player and hes really really quick can blow past most guards but needs too work on getting the ball out when double teamed still very young hes a rookie pretty much hell most likely have a very good career

Sinestro
03-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Its pretty simple IMO if NY fans don't want to hear everyone hate on their teams don't put this stuff up on main put it in your own forum

nycsports2
03-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Its pretty simple IMO if NY fans don't want to hear everyone hate on their teams don't put this stuff up on main put it in your own forum

ban the chi and miami fans from nyk based threads lol

Pierzynski4Prez
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM

Or post **** about Lin in the NY Forum. :shrug:

If you dislike people ripping on Lin, why do you wish to have these threads in the main forum? NYK threads should be in the NYK forum if you don't want fans of other teams posting. Pretty F'in simple.

PhillyFaninLA
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM

You do realize that most of the people you are trying to stop from posting you just gave them a bunch of fuel.

Ignore them and there topics and keep in mind when you post something like this the complete opposite of your goal is likely. Good chance more topics will come up now.

I agree that to many, Lakers, Bulls, Heat, and Knicks topic end up in the main forum but to complain the way you are will set off the people you are trying to ask not to post on a public forum.

Sinestro
03-06-2012, 01:07 PM

Idk about ban but keep it to a minimum, I'm a Bulls fan and I get annoyed at how much Rose gets talked about on main and I get annoyed when people rip on my team so I get what Knicks fans are feeling

DragonJaii
03-06-2012, 01:10 PM
no one cares about him anymore, even knick fans think he should be a backup pg. Overhyped and now linsanity is dead.

PhillyFaninLA
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Idk about ban but keep it to a minimum, I'm a Bulls fan and I get annoyed at how much Rose gets talked about on main and I get annoyed when people rip on my team so I get what Knicks fans are feeling

Last season Bulls fans where hijacking every topic in the main forum and turning it into a Bulls topic no matter what it was about. I went from rooting for Rose to hoping he never wins a title and becomes horrible and I started to hate the Bulls fans and team rather then be indifferent.

That is the impact a fan base can have by going crazy in the main forum.

gwrighter
03-06-2012, 01:19 PM
he's only that fast when he's using his right hand lol.

Kashmir13579
03-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Fear Jeremy Lin.

smith&wesson
03-06-2012, 01:29 PM
seriously there should be 6 month ban on lin threads. weve had enough lin crammed down our throats.

PhillyFaninLA
03-06-2012, 01:30 PM
seriously there should be 6 month ban on lin threads. weve had enough lin crammed down our throats.

You don't have to open a topic.

smith&wesson
03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
baron davis > lin

smith&wesson
03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
You don't have to open a topic.

i dont haver to use the sight either. if its all going to be on one topic right. adios.

oak2455
03-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Stuff down your throat :eyebrow:

ichitownclowni
03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Jeremy who?

oak2455
03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
no one cares about him anymore, even knick fans think he should be a backup pg. Overhyped and now linsanity is dead.

Hmmm guess you don't follow much of anything

smith&wesson
03-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Stuff down your throat :eyebrow:

I dont even know what you said in your post. i was distracted by the art that is your sig. :drool: :hi5:

Sinestro
03-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Last season Bulls fans where hijacking every topic in the main forum and turning it into a Bulls topic no matter what it was about. I went from rooting for Rose to hoping he never wins a title and becomes horrible and I started to hate the Bulls fans and team rather then be indifferent.

Yep I agree and many times fans of Bulls, Lakers, Knicks and the Heat continue to bait one another which leads to huge arguements it just gets tiring and boring lol

DragonJaii
03-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Hmmm guess you don't follow much of anything

=[

monzternipz12
03-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Lin is faster than rose n wall now. That's funny. I'm Asian n I know there ain't no way his nerdy *** is faster than rose or wall. What a joke thread.

Kashmir13579
03-06-2012, 01:50 PM
^ They did a segment on Sportscenter about it. He is on par with Wall and Rose in speed and quickness.

monzternipz12
03-06-2012, 01:52 PM

Yep I agree and many times fans of Bulls, Lakers, Knicks and the Heat continue to bait one another which leads to huge arguements it just gets tiring and boring lol

Don't get bc those are the only teams that matter. Lol

monzternipz12
03-06-2012, 01:54 PM
^ They did a segment on Sportscenter about it. He is on par with Wall and Rose in speed and quickness.

I'm really not trolling. I'll even leave rose out this convo to avoid homerism. Lin faster than wall? Just typing it seems stupid.

Kashmir13579
03-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm really not trolling. I'll even leave rose out this convo to avoid homerism. Lin faster than wall? Just typing it seems stupid.

I never said you were trolling. I have images, avatars, and sigs blocked, so as not to allow a posters' fanbase dictate or change the way i converse with them. Don't feel guilty about bringing up Rose.

ESPN is great at spreading propaganda and swinging a story the way the want it to be seen, but they aren't just making up these numbers. If anything, it's disinformation and they are leaving out some areas that heavily favor Rose and Wall.

oak2455
03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
I dont even know what you said in your post. i was distracted by the art that is your sig. :drool: :hi5:

I need a new sig .... Something more summertime looking... You know I was kidding with you btw....

Silent
03-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Whats the point of having speed if u can't hold on to the ball

akagiredsuns
03-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Just a baiting thread to get fans of other teams fired up about Lin being compared to their PG. Seriously, how do some of these threads stay open? :facepalm:

ZHawk1123
03-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Runs fast until he runs into someone... Jumps in the air... Throws ball away...

BHF
03-06-2012, 02:56 PM
lolin

itsripcity32
03-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Lin is so fast that he cant control the ball. So that's why he gets so many turnovers ;)

Nick O
03-06-2012, 06:38 PM
this is disgustingly similar to tebow in that you are allowed to hate tebow mania.. you can hate Linsanity.. but these 2 upstanding guys.. why are people hating the person?

nirvana235
03-06-2012, 06:45 PM
this is disgustingly similar to tebow in that you are allowed to hate tebow mania.. you can hate Linsanity.. but these 2 upstanding guys.. why are people hating the person?

I agree, these guys should be the people we all cheer for. I for one don't care if they get talked about over and over again because they are good people and there's no harm in promoting them, unlike Ben Rothelisberger or Kobe Bryant.

Kashmir13579
03-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Everyone tune in tonight to root against Jeremy. :nod:

tcav701
03-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I dont think anyone wants to root against Lin just like nobody wanted to root against Tebow.

What happened in both circumstances is the love for who these athletes are and what they stand for created two extremely overrated on the field/court players.

The media's constant coverage of these individuals causes casual and uneducated fans to believe they are great players.

The hype behind these athletes created a cult of uneducated fans that believed ESPN as gospel. I have a female co-worker who knows nothing about sports and tried lecturing me on how great Tebow is. After I scolded her publicly I thought it was over. She recently spoke of similar greatness when it comes to Lin.

This is why people want to see them fail.

Rentzias
03-06-2012, 07:02 PM
nvm

smith&wesson
03-06-2012, 07:05 PM

being good in hand full of games in an 18 game season is much better then being good in a hand full games in a 64 game season or whatever it is this year in the nba.

i dont hate on lin, im glad he found his spot in the nba. good on him. but he gets over rated, and over hyped to the point of nauseam.

i know ppl say its not about race. but if lin was not asian and not playing for new york he would not be getting this kind of hype at all.

for example nikola pekovic has been a really good player for the twolves. half of us dont even know who the f he is. but he is a legit 7 foot 290 C whos averaging 12.3 pts, 7 rpg in 25 mins off the bench in his rookie year.

yao mings numbers in his rookie year 13.5 ppg 8.2 rebouds in 29 mins of play. i dont see much of a difference here. but if you recall the media was all over yao's nuts like how they are on lins. yet pekovics numbers are almost the same with 4 mins less playing time. . he gets no love ?

just saying.

smith&wesson
03-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I dont think anyone wants to root against Lin just like nobody wanted to root against Tebow.
What happened in both circumstances is the love for who these athletes are and what they stand for created two extremely overrated on the field/court players.

The media's constant coverage of these individuals causes casual and uneducated fans to believe they are great players.

i agree,

hoggin88
03-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Bolt's numbers are wrong on that chart. His top end speed in his world record run was 27.45 mph, not 22.00 mph. It's not even close to being right. I also don't buy for a minute that Lin can accelerate faster than him. Ever since Bolt ironed out his acceleration mechanics he has been right there with the fastest men in the world in the first 30 meters of his races. Then of course he blows everyone away after that point. Add in the fact that they list his average speed as being faster than his top end speed, and you will realize that chart is a joke.

Evolution23
03-06-2012, 07:14 PM

People are starting to hate Lin because he plays in New York and the ESPN does not shut up about him. So stupid people hate Lin because of the media. I guess the same could be said about Tebow. I don't see a reason to hate on 2 great roll models though. :shrug:

Evolution23
03-06-2012, 07:16 PM
being good in hand full of games in an 18 game season is much better then being good in a hand full games in a 64 game season or whatever it is this year in the nba.

i dont hate on lin, im glad he found his spot in the nba. good on him. but he gets over rated, and over hyped to the point of nauseam.

i know ppl say its not about race. but if lin was not asian and not playing for new york he would not be getting this kind of hype at all.

for example nikola pekovic has been a really good player for the twolves. half of us dont even know who the f he is. but he is a legit 7 foot 290 C whos averaging 12.3 pts, 7 rpg in 25 mins off the bench in his rookie year.

yao mings numbers in his rookie year 13.5 ppg 8.2 rebouds in 29 mins of play. i dont see much of a difference here. but if you recall the media was all over yao's nuts like how they are on lins. yet pekovics numbers are almost the same with 4 mins less playing time. . he gets no love ?

just saying.

yeah but Lin pretty much saved the season for the Knicks.

Afridi786
03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
What's the excuse for not winning a championship, Knicks have Lin, an elite point guard, with his sidekicks JR, Melo, Amare, and Chandler. I'm surprised they are not heavy favorites.

Kashmir13579
being good in sever games in an 18 game season is much better then being good in several games in a 64 game season or whatever it is this year in the nba.

for example nikola pekovic has been a really good player for the twolves. half of us dont even know who the f he is. but he is legit 7 foot 290 C whos averaging 12.3 pts, 7 rpg in 25 mins off the bench in his rookie year.

just saying.

You're absolutely right. If i wasn't a Knick fan i would be outraged and hate him as much as i hate Tebow. But i'm a Knick fan, and this kid has got some serious upside. We're talking the FULL package when it comes to PGs.

Is he really being overrated that much? What everyone said is that he's gonna be a good player, possibly a special player. The only people in the media i see overrating him are the former players and analysts tossing around Steve Nash comparisons.

I honestly don't think many are overrating him at this point. He's simply a big ?. We're all just sick of hearing his story.. I mean, its a great story - but now we've seen this movie. Let the kid play ball.

IgglesFanInCO
Jennings and Lawson could outrun lin like he was a center, but he is pretty athletic, he will be a borderline all-star for years to come

Kashmir13579
03-06-2012, 07:21 PM
People are starting to hate Lin because he plays in New York and the ESPN does not shut up about him. So stupid people hate Lin because of the media. I guess the same could be said about Tebow. I don't see a reason to hate on 2 great roll models though. :shrug:

I don't hate Tebow, i just think he isn't a very good quarterback. He also isn't a feel-good underdog story because this kid had it made in the shade for a while now.

tcav701
03-06-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't hate Tebow, i just think he isn't a very good quarterback. He also isn't a feel-good underdog story because this kid had it made in the shade for a while now.

The difference between Lin and Tebow is that Lin has the skill set to be a very good player at his position.

However he has a lot of growing to do and super stardom is far from guaranteed for Jeremy.

Kashmir13579
03-06-2012, 07:27 PM

The hype behind these athletes created a cult of uneducated fans that believed ESPN as gospel. I have a female co-worker who knows nothing about sports and tried lecturing me on how great Tebow is. After I scolded her publicly I thought it was over. She recently spoke of similar greatness when it comes to Lin.

This is an awesome post. I get it.

nirvana235
03-06-2012, 07:41 PM
The difference between Lin and Tebow is that Lin has the skill set to be a very good player at his position.

However he has a lot of growing to do and super stardom is far from guaranteed for Jeremy.

Yea problem is people were saying how Jeremy Lin is going to be a superstar, why can't he just be a very good pg? Magic Johnson did him no favors by saying he saw John Stockton and Steve Nash in him.

itsripcity32
03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
J Lin is so fast that he is getting butt raped against the Mavs as we speak

smith&wesson
03-07-2012, 04:14 AM
You're absolutely right. If i wasn't a Knick fan i would be outraged and hate him as much as i hate Tebow. But i'm a Knick fan, and this kid has got some serious upside. We're talking the FULL package when it comes to PGs.

Is he really being overrated that much? What everyone said is that he's gonna be a good player, possibly a special player. The only people in the media i see overrating him are the former players and analysts tossing around Steve Nash comparisons.

I honestly don't think many are overrating him at this point. He's simply a big ?. We're all just sick of hearing his story.. I mean, its a great story - but now we've seen this movie. Let the kid play ball.

i dont hate the kid. he is a good player but he def has been over hyped. i cant deny the fact that he was good enought to save the knicks season. i have to give credit where its due.

oak2455
03-07-2012, 07:36 AM
J Lin is so fast that he is getting butt raped against the Mavs as we speak

I guess you like that:shrug:

tcav701
03-07-2012, 09:07 AM
How long before Baron Davis is on the floor down the stretch?

pd1dish
03-07-2012, 11:50 AM

I agree 100% with this post.

It's not the player himself that everyone hates on and gets annoyed with (at least in this case). It's the media hype and how overrated these guys become.

It is a really cool story that somebody like Lin, a no-name soon to be cut from another team, can have his life turned around so drastically in a short amount of time. But the fact is that while he puts up big numbers, he also turns the ball over and is undersized on defense. He's the type of player who should just be the Jason Terry of the Knicks. He should just come off the bench and provide scoring for them and get 25-30 or so mpg.

omdigga
03-07-2012, 11:53 AM

perfectly stated.. :clap:

alexander_37
03-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Mike James is over 9000.

Kashmir13579
03-07-2012, 12:08 PM
i dont hate the kid. he is a good player but he def has been over hyped. i cant deny the fact that he was good enought to save the knicks season. i have to give credit where its due.

I guess i was confusing over-hyped with over-rated.

Blitzace137
03-07-2012, 12:50 PM

:clap::clap::clap: When people see someone succeed there waiting for the player to slow down. And once that happens they start to bash on the guys success. Most of these haters clearly don't watch the games only highlights. Anyone who's watched Lin since he started knows this Kid has talent. Look at a player like Kyle Lowery it took him several years to be a solid PG. The Knicks have a bunch of new players coming in and Lin is trying to adjust.

I find it quit amusing how much people hate the knicks. It's laughable. Madison square gardens is the Mecca of basketball and no matter how good teams like the heats,thunders, or bulls are WE ARE THE BEST CITY. No arena compares even when the knicks are bad so go ahead and continue all the hating :D

Blitzace137
03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
If you want people to stop hating, maybe you should stop calling N.Y. the mecca of basketball and the best city.

I think Vancouver is the best city, what now?

I'm not telling people to stop hating please continue because obviously it's never going to stop. And are you talking about the same Vancouver that started riots after the Vancouver Canucks lost? who were embarrassed of there own city? :D Sure Vancouver is the best if you say so.

MackShock
03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Yellow lightning

itsripcity32
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I guess you like that:shrug:

Guess Knick "fans" don't know what figure of speech means. ;)

oak2455
03-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Guess Knick "fans" don't know what figure of speech means. ;)

It wasnt figure of speech:facepalm:

MagicHero3
03-07-2012, 01:56 PM
i dont think jeremy lin could seriously beat usain bolt in a footrace. I dont care what statistics you throw at me

itsripcity32
03-07-2012, 05:53 PM
It wasnt figure of speech:facepalm:

Damn bro, you live on psd? Guess knick"fans" read stuff on the Internet to literally ;)