PDA

View Full Version : Fesenko is still available!

KCMAJ
03-05-2012, 07:51 PM
There are not too many big bodies left. The Heat gave Curry a try and I liked that move but Curry obviously will not be the solution. The Heat gave Rasheed a try and the jury is still out in terms of judging his potential. Pittman deserves to be demoted to the D league. The thing is, why not give Fesenko a try? Last time I checked, Fesenko was still available. The man is a true center and he cannot be worse than Pittman or Howard. Heat world, what do you think?

beasted86
03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
There are not too many big bodies left. The Heat gave Curry a try and I liked that move but Curry obviously will not be the solution. The Heat gave Rasheed a try and the jury is still out in terms of judging his potential. Pittman deserves to be demoted to the D league. The thing is, why not give Fesenko a try? Last time I checked, Fesenko was still available. The man is a true center and he cannot be worse than Pittman or Howard. Heat world, what do you think?

Re-read your own sentence with my added emphasis.

I'd be fine with them bringing him in for a workout or 10 day contract, but reading that sentence tells us all we need to know about how good he has proven himself to be, and his worth around the league.

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 07:56 PM
****, i read his name and thought we got him:laugh2: but yea, i think its clear where i stand here, start brining in bodies on 10 day contracts and see who works out. Its not going to be hard to find an upgrade over pittman.

fresneko is 7'1 290 and he is a tough sob.

The biggest question mark is whoever we get how long will it take them to pick up our defnesive system. Watching curry earlier this season on defnese was about the most painful thing i have seen in a while. Totally lost.

Jemikz9Clutch
03-05-2012, 08:07 PM
^curry has no clue on help defense like somebody said on another thread. how was fresenko's defense on his previous team/s?

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 08:24 PM
^curry has no clue on help defense like somebody said on another thread. how was fresenko's defense on his previous team/s?

Not sure, but he is known more for his defense than offense

all i care about is a big 7'0 that can rebound the ball, catch it when thrown to him, and finish within 2 feet of the rim.

after watching the first 30seconds of this, i think hes better than pittman for sure :laugh2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9D2PQdRPiw

Check that block on bryant :speechless: if curry or pittman did something like that i would :faint:

Riley please get this guy for 10 days.

NoahH
03-05-2012, 08:53 PM
At this point they should look to the DLeague for help maybe...

Chris Daniels
Mikki Moore? (LOL hes still around)
Jeff Foote

Master Mind
03-05-2012, 09:22 PM
What's the hold up with Fesenko?

gotoHcarolina52
03-05-2012, 09:56 PM
The Celtics might be interested in him.

Jermaine O'Neal has been sidelined with a wrist injury for the past three weeks and if the problem isn't solved soon, he could find himself back on the free agent market and the Celtics could be seeking out a replacement.

The report surfaced on Monday, that O'Neal could very well be released by the Boston Celtics if he elects to have surgery rather than returning to the team and trying to play out the rest of the season.

The Celtics already have a depth problem in their front court and O'Neal's extended absence would probably open the door for a free agent to fill the void in the middle.
So, while JO still toys around with the idea of playing in pain or having surgery, the Celtics might as well consider their potential replacements.

Boston's best options for replacing O'Neal would likely be from a handful of players who still haven't linked on with a team, and possibly even a couple familiar faces.

Kyrylo Fesenko would likely be the first option, as the 7-footer still has solid upside at just 25 years old and showed potential on the blocks at the end of 2011 with the Utah Jazz.

Dan Gadzuric played just 14 games with New Jersey last season but he's been playing over in China since the lockout started in the fall. He's a big body that could alleviate pressure from Kevin Garnett at the center spot and take up 8-10 minutes per night.

Another possibility would be Fabricio Oberto, the former San Antonio Spurs center isn't an offensive threat by any means, but much like Gadzuric he could help fill out the roster and ease some of the pressure on KG and Brandon Bass to hold down the middle.
http://www.nesn.com/2012/03/kyrylo-fesenko-james-posey-among-potential-replacements-if-celtics-release-jermaine-oneal.html

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 10:18 PM
****, if someone else gets him before us i will be really pissed, i read about riley looking into this kid weeks ago. dont know what hes waiting for

Marlin234
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Serious question right here.. If this guys is available... WHY THE **** HAVEN'T WE GOTTEN HIM?

Jonathan2323
03-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Riley is hoping that Kaman gets bought out if not he might make the move for sheed or fresenko might be to late by then though.

Marlin234
03-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Riley is hoping that Kaman gets bought out if not he might make the move for sheed or fresenko might be to late by then though.

Makes sense I guess. To be honest I would even wait though. This guy looks like a huge ****ing upgrade just by watching that YouTube video. He can move around pretty quick for 7 footer (necessary for our type of Deffense) and the rebounding that we need will come naturally with his low post presence.

Make it happen Riley!

justinnum1
03-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Slim chance kaman gets bought out, sign fenseko anyways and we can always cut him if we have to. Last thing i want is boston to get him and he ends playing well against us in the playoffs lol

beasted86
03-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Fesenko isn't a mobile Center. He's slow and lumbering, and he's coming off a knee surgery, so he's probably even slower than before. Maybe that's why Riley hasn't looked at him.

They did call up Przybilla after all, but I think at the end of the day they really want a Center who won't be a liability in the pick and roll defense.

therealwd27
03-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Fesenko isnt the type of center they need but im sure he can help...And ive read he has a really ****** attitude

justinnum1
03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Fesenko isnt the type of center they need but im sure he can help...And ive read he has a really ****** attitude

I just want a tough minded 7'0 that can rebound the ball. Anything more is gravy.

I would fine with a anthony/fesenko center rotation. We just need a viable option when the opposing center is having a career night. Joel is an absolute beast agasint certain teams(mainly smaller athletic teams like philly and NY)

I just think fesneko would have done something more agasint utah and LA, whether thats picking up a flagrant 2 lol, or actually boxing someone out, anything lol. In riley i trust.

Jet
03-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Not sure, but he is known more for his defense than offense

all i care about is a big 7'0 that can rebound the ball, catch it when thrown to him, and finish within 2 feet of the rim.

after watching the first 30seconds of this, i think hes better than pittman for sure :laugh2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9D2PQdRPiw

Check that block on bryant :speechless: if curry or pittman did something like that i would :faint:

Riley please get this guy for 10 days.

That video made him look like one of the best centers in the league lol..

therealwd27
03-06-2012, 01:28 PM
I just want a tough minded 7'0 that can rebound the ball. Anything more is gravy.

I would fine with a anthony/fesenko center rotation. We just need a viable option when the opposing center is having a career night. Joel is an absolute beast agasint certain teams(mainly smaller athletic teams like philly and NY)

I just think fesneko would have done something more agasint utah and LA, whether thats picking up a flagrant 2 lol, or actually boxing someone out, anything lol. In riley i trust.

Yea your right..Id take anything right now..And Feseneko is def an upgrade over anything we have 7ft..Pitt and Curry have been such a disappointment. And if anthony was 4 or 5 inches taller!!! lol

therealwd27
03-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Boris Diaw almost bought out...N E interest?

justinnum1
03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
That video made him look like one of the best centers in the league lol..

That video was more to just show he can actually rebound the ball, and dunk it which is more than pittman or curry can do lol. But yea, he;s prob just avg-below avg...still would be an upgrade tho :sigh:

I would take diaw for free(min, not having to give someone up)

Coqui77
03-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah the video gassed him up a lot, but if he can still move like that and with the big three... he can be really good here with the HEAT.

Playing with the Big Three makes an average player better...

lavilevi23
03-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Any news on him?