PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez out 3 weeks

DLCK
03-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine
Nets just announced Brook Lopez will miss at least three weeks w/sprained right ankle. Same foot that sidelined Lopez for first 33 games

twitter

Rockice_8
03-05-2012, 05:20 PM
sprained ankles aren't knee surgeries. Not even close.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Man holy injury prone batman

llemon
03-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine
Nets just announced Brook Lopez will miss at least three weeks w/sprained right ankle. Same foot that sidelined Lopez for first 33 games

twitter

An ankle and a foot are not the same, are they?

LAKobeBryant
03-05-2012, 05:27 PM
is this thread asking us who is injury prone in their career or telling us brook lopaz is injured again

LTBaByyy
03-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Yes! Dwight won't be traded to Nets :)

One step closer

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Its not even close.

schuman
Lopez didn't miss a game in his first 3 seasons. Then, w/ Dwight in the Nets' sights, he suffers 2 injuries w/o playing 5 full games.

AussieLaker
03-05-2012, 05:34 PM
@KBergCBS
#Nets just announced that Lopez will be in a walking boot as a precaution and will miss three weeks

@Nets_PR
Brook Lopez has been diagnosed with a sprained right ankle, Nets GM Billy King announced

Wow SO unlucky for him

Robbw241
03-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Yah he rolled it pretty bad. Unfortunate for him after just coming back.

DLCK
03-05-2012, 05:35 PM
An ankle and a foot are not the same, are they?

Injury is an injury. Whether its a freak injury,accident,or due just to your own bodys weaknesses. Obviously its a reference to Bynum .But when comparing the two it seemed as if Brooks most glaring advantage over Bynum was his health. Atleast for now it doesnt seem so.Id say hes one more injury away from getting the "prone" label put in front of his injuries.

netsgiantsyanks
03-05-2012, 05:38 PM
guess who's not in the dwight races anymore?

LAKERMANIA
03-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I wish the very best for him since I hate seeing anyone get injured.. With that said, looks like someone is beginning to be injury prone..

Lim
03-05-2012, 05:42 PM
i had a feeling this would happen. he came back pretty fast from that broken foot, probably too soon imo

netsgiantsyanks
03-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Yes! Dwight won't be traded to Nets :)

One step closer

k.

Avenged
03-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Are you guys really arguing about being injury prone between Lopez and Bynum?

Bynum has had his share of injuries but is now finally healthy. I think he's on his way to playing 100 consecutive games (without counting his 4 day suspension).

This is Brook's 1st season being injured, and a shame too since he was putting up good offensive numbers since his return.

Greet
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I wish the very best for him since I hate seeing anyone get injured.. With that said, looks like someone is beginning to be injury prone..

Sprained ankle? That's like the most common basketball injury.

Being said, this sucks. Oh well.

Looks like Dwight wont be a Net this year, which might end up being a blessing in disguise.

LAKERMANIA
03-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Sprained ankle? That's like the most common basketball injury.

Being said, this sucks. Oh well.

Looks like Dwight wont be a Net this year, which might end up being a blessing in disguise.

Injury prone doesnt mean same injury in the same region every year.. It means what it means, generally injured often.. that's 2 injuries in one season

DLCK
03-05-2012, 05:48 PM

Bynum has had his share of injuries but is now finally healthy. I think he's on his way to playing 100 consecutive games (without counting his 4 day suspension).

This is Brook's 1st season being injured, and a shame too since he was putting up good offensive numbers since his return.

i think neither are prone to injury.I thought it was just unfair for bynum to get the greg oden treatment just because no one outside of lakerland wants to acknowledge he is the 2nd best C in the league.

shep33
03-05-2012, 05:54 PM
It's a sprain, it happens.

SmartestGuyHere
03-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Haha Yao Ming Version 2.0
Mexican Yao Ming

Bynum >>>>>>>>>> Lopez

PleaseBeNice
03-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Keep getting injured

Gritz
03-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Awww bloood

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Haha Yao Ming Version 2.0
Mexican Yao Ming

Bynum >>>>>>>>>> Lopez

Thats nice and all but its meaningless since howard does not want to go to la.

oak2455
03-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Ppl happy that he's hurt is just dumb

JOhnnyTHaJet
Youre acting like he is going in for micro fracture surgery.. haters.

This injury could definitely be a blessing in disguise. If Dwight terminates his contract he will be heading to the Nets in FA, where he wants to be.

Also, a trade is not out of the realm of possibility, DWill was traded with a bad wrist that required surgery, Lopez just has a bad ankle. If anything this just gives the Magic a little more fire power to get more out of the Nets.

All the Mavs, Knicks, and Lakers fans are going to overreact though, no surprise.

Lakeshow24KB

Really? You talked to him?

SmartestGuyHere
03-05-2012, 06:08 PM
The Nets fans who said Lopez > Bynum because of his health. Where are they now?

Avenged
03-05-2012, 06:08 PM

What does Bynum being better than Lopez have to do with Dwight not wanting to play in LA?

netsgiantsyanks
03-05-2012, 06:11 PM

he sprained his ankle guy, calm down. they're being precautious so that he won't end up in a bynum-like situation.

C-Style
03-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Injury prone!

BigCityofDreams
03-05-2012, 06:14 PM

Probably sitting back thinking now we get Dwight and keep Lopez to either play with d12 or flip for other players.

mamba24
03-05-2012, 06:18 PM
The worst part about this injury is that New Jersey won't have to trade for Dwight... That means they keep Lopez and Marshon Brooks as well as Dwill... Starting line up of Dwill, Brooks, any SF, Lopez, and Dwight... Humphries off the bench could be really good too...

netsgiantsyanks
03-05-2012, 06:24 PM
now that i think about it, it may be a blessing, but they can still bolt for dallas instead. even then, we still have lopez, brooks, and picks.

northsider
03-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Mother **** man I finally get him back and he gets injured again. So much for that pick.

Mr Costanza
03-05-2012, 06:29 PM
At the very least this will make things very complicated for the Nets. They are either going to have to throw in something extra of value or pray he doesn't get traded somewhere else or re-ups with the magic.

JNA17
03-05-2012, 06:32 PM
lol, fans love to nag on Bynum for being injury prone on his freak accident when he's now on his way to playing over 100 consecutive games (not counting for the 4 game suspension), while Brook here looks like he will turn into a Yao Ming 2.0.

In all seriousness though, this does suck for Brook though. He must he pissed coming back and now sitting yet again.

Iron24th
03-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Wow a 7 footer who takes 3.6 rbs per game?!?!?!

bronxbomba26
03-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Wow a 7 footer who takes 3.6 rbs per game?!?!?!

LOL! Nice job reading stats for about 5 games! Somebody is good at analyzing stats

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Evolution23
03-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Really? You talked to him?

His best friend is Dwight Howard. U didn't hear?

Teeboy1487
03-05-2012, 07:05 PM
First, I would like to say I hate this for Brook and I hope he heals fast. However, the Nets will still get Dwight. He is not signing an extension to any of the teams he is traded to. The only threat is Dallas. Still, I wish the Lakers could get Deron off the Nets hands. I could care less about Dwight.

Mr Costanza
03-05-2012, 07:07 PM
His best friend is Dwight Howard. U didn't hear?

No that's not it. He spoke with domefavors who spoke with Dwight's baby mama who spoke with Dwight's toddler who told he dada he no like LA.

Basically first hand.

DLCK
03-05-2012, 07:16 PM
he sprained his ankle guy, calm down. they're being precautious so that he won't end up in a bynum-like situation.

And whats that? A starting center allstar?

oak2455
03-05-2012, 07:18 PM
No that's not it. He spoke with domefavors who spoke with Dwight's baby mama who spoke with Dwight's toddler who told he dada he no like LA.

Basically first hand.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 07:36 PM
this works out great for the nets if dwight just signs there in the offseason. that team will have some nice pieces to put around him and they will get a top 10 pick in a stacked lottery.

Now Dwight just has to tell orlando he is going to NJ, and NJ has to tell orlando they arent trading for him.

netsgiantsyanks
03-05-2012, 07:47 PM
And whats that? A starting center allstar?

a history of injuries my good sir.

jd25213
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
this works out great for the nets if dwight just signs there in the offseason. that team will have some nice pieces to put around him and they will get a top 10 pick in a stacked lottery.

Now Dwight just has to tell orlando he is going to NJ, and NJ has to tell orlando they arent trading for him.
In a perfect world this would happen. Too bad this isn't a perfect world.

NoahH
03-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Are there any centres beside D12 that arent injury prone?

SportsAndrew25
03-05-2012, 08:44 PM
The Nets are totally cursed. Wow. They just always seem to get it up the ***. Guess we will not be seeing Dwight in NJ/Brooklyn.

VinceCarter
03-05-2012, 09:53 PM
The Nets are totally cursed. Wow. They just always seem to get it up the ***. Guess we will not be seeing Dwight in NJ/Brooklyn.

Free agency is still a very real possibility...

Jenceman
03-05-2012, 10:02 PM
LOL! Nice job reading stats for about 5 games! Somebody is good at analyzing stats

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Still, 3.6 rpg over 5 games is like the worst rebounding I've ever seen out of a so called star center.

danniboi168
03-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Poor guy

bigmac8675
03-05-2012, 10:13 PM
God dammit...my fantasy team was finally starting to have more healthy players than in red ones too.

bryan71023
03-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Anyone who thinks Lopez is "Injury Prone" after his second injury in his career have NO Basketball Knowledge! Now we all know the Nets will not get Dwight thru a trade however the Nets are still the front runners to sign Dwight thru free agency. The Nets have better oppurtunities which involves endorsement deals because they are in a way better market than lets say the Dallas Mavericks. How about we ask Deron Williams how many endorsement deals he gain when he join the Nets and how many he had while his time in Utah? (By the way he got ZERO endorsement deals in Utah) Further more a team like the Mavs believe they can just easily sign DWill only because he's from Dallas and that Dwight will follow him there. The Mavs would still have to find a team for Marion and if they do have the cap space to sign both Dwill and D12 they could only offer them about $12-13 Million a year while the Nets can offer both of them $18-20 Million a year. Hey guys do the math and I'm sure 99 out of 100 people will take the Nets deal. Now I'm not saying Dwight will sign with the Nets next year but they sure do have the BEST chance to sign him if he opts out and I'm not saying this because I'm a Nets fan I'm just throwing out the facts.

A Lineup of:
G: Deron Williams
G: MarShon Brooks
F: Harrison Barnes? (NJN 2012 First Round Pick)
F: Dwight Howard
C: Brook Lopez

Now I understand why many NBA fans hate on the Nets or always talk so much trash about them because they Hell for sure NOT want to see this lineup going up against their precious Lakers, Mavs, Heat, Bulls teams in the regular season or the playoffs.

D12 fan
03-06-2012, 12:50 AM
If the Nets get D12 in FA,I think they trade Lopez.Lopez is a stiff,doesn't have the mobility or foot speed to play pf.

Aust
03-06-2012, 01:23 AM
guess who's not in the dwight races anymore?

Heard that after the supposedly secret meeting between Dwight and Prokhorov in Miami.

Heard it again after Brook's first injury

The Nets will not let fate get in there way lol

Evolution23
03-06-2012, 01:29 AM

Basically first hand.

Seems legit :D

Raph12
03-06-2012, 01:57 AM
So I guess they're out of the Dwight trade scenarios...

Angelus™
03-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Not what the Nets were hoping for when he came back

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 02:57 AM
So I guess they're out of the Dwight trade scenarios...

This isn't NBA 2K. An injured player can be traded and traded for. The Nets themselves traded for an injured Vince Carter and Devin Harris as well. If the Magic still want Lopez and the Nets's first rounder, they can still get them. If they don't, they based their decision long before Lopez was injured. An ankle sprain isn't going to change anyone's minds.

abe_froman
03-06-2012, 02:59 AM
guess that kills the howard rumors til summer

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 03:03 AM
guess that kills the howard rumors til summer

Again...why?

Raph12
03-06-2012, 03:03 AM
This isn't NBA 2K. An injured player can be traded and traded for. The Nets themselves traded for an injured Vince Carter and Devin Harris as well. If the Magic still want Lopez and the Nets's first rounder, they can still get them. If they don't, they based their decision long before Lopez was injured. An ankle sprain isn't going to change anyone's minds.

They don't want Lopez and all these injuries aren't sweetening the deal...

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 03:04 AM
They don't want Lopez and all these injuries aren't sweetening the deal...

It's an ankle sprain. I'm sure he'll play again...

abe_froman
03-06-2012, 03:08 AM
Again...why?

who's gonna trade for an injured player? i'm pretty sure they'd want to know what he's like post injury before trading for him.but i'm gonna guess your a nets fan ,thus just want to hope against all,and thats right in line with fandom. its not realistic and will take deadline passing for you to see

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 03:12 AM
who's gonna trade for an injured player,i'm pretty sure they'd want to know what he's like post injury before trading for him

...it's an ankle sprain. I'm sure they know what he'll play like after recovering.

And like I've said, injured players have been traded and traded for in the past.

abe_froman
03-06-2012, 03:14 AM
...it's an ankle sprain. I'm sure they know what he'll play like after recovering.

And like I've said, injured players have been traded and traded for in the past.

injured players are traded when they're contract is the object of desire,that isnt the case here(but read my previous post)

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 03:21 AM
injured players are traded when they're contract is the object of desire,that isnt the case here(but read my previous post)

A player's physical can be waived by the team trading for him (Most of the time, it's looking to just get the deal done). Lopez may not even be looked at by the Magic as the biggest prize. It's the Nets's first rounder. Again, Lopez's sprain isn't the deal breaker (They know he'll recover and they know they can re-sign him in free agency as he's restricted). If the Magic don't trade Howard to the Nets, they made that decision long ago, not because of a sprain.

Raph12
03-06-2012, 03:29 AM
It's an ankle sprain. I'm sure he'll play again...

Not before the trade deadline (March 15th)...

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Not before the trade deadline (March 15th)...

Why does this matter again? I already stated (several times) a teams can and trade for injured players.

Raph12
03-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Why does this matter again? I already stated (several times) a teams can and trade for injured players.

They never wanted Lopez, they were going to settle for him prior to him breaking his foot just because of his "ironman" durability... With that gone, they couldn't care less about him.

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 04:10 AM
They never wanted Lopez, they were going to settle for him prior to him breaking his foot just because of his "ironman" durability... With that gone, they couldn't care less about him.

Newsflash: A sprain isn't a career-ending injury. The Magic know what type of player they're getting and aren't going to dismiss a player off two injuries, the most recent being a sprain.

I have no problem with people's opinion saying the Magic never wanted Lopez, but to dismiss all trade rumors to the Nets now because of a sprain? I'm definitely not buying that.

Swift Game
03-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Anyone who thinks Lopez is "Injury Prone" after his second injury in his career have NO Basketball Knowledge! Now we all know the Nets will not get Dwight thru a trade however the Nets are still the front runners to sign Dwight thru free agency. The Nets have better oppurtunities which involves endorsement deals because they are in a way better market than lets say the Dallas Mavericks. How about we ask Deron Williams how many endorsement deals he gain when he join the Nets and how many he had while his time in Utah? (By the way he got ZERO endorsement deals in Utah) Further more a team like the Mavs believe they can just easily sign DWill only because he's from Dallas and that Dwight will follow him there. The Mavs would still have to find a team for Marion and if they do have the cap space to sign both Dwill and D12 they could only offer them about $12-13 Million a year while the Nets can offer both of them $18-20 Million a year. Hey guys do the math and I'm sure 99 out of 100 people will take the Nets deal. Now I'm not saying Dwight will sign with the Nets next year but they sure do have the BEST chance to sign him if he opts out and I'm not saying this because I'm a Nets fan I'm just throwing out the facts.

A Lineup of:
G: Deron Williams
G: MarShon Brooks
F: Harrison Barnes? (NJN 2012 First Round Pick)
F: Dwight Howard
C: Brook Lopez

Now I understand why many NBA fans hate on the Nets or always talk so much trash about them because they Hell for sure NOT want to see this lineup going up against their precious Lakers, Mavs, Heat, Bulls teams in the regular season or the playoffs.

You make some valid points here but let me ask you this. If Dwight somehow stays with Orlando and signs back with them what happens to Dwill? Will he stick around with the current roster? I wonder if Billy King makes a move before the deadline to trade Dwill if he knows that they will not be able to get Dwight? I think we will know more to this after the trade deadline.

Raph12
03-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Newsflash: A sprain isn't a career-ending injury. The Magic know what type of player they're getting and aren't going to dismiss a player off two injuries, the most recent being a sprain.

I have no problem with people's opinion saying the Magic never wanted Lopez, but to dismiss all trade rumors to the Nets now because of a sprain? I'm definitely not buying that.

Newsflash: For a center, a serious injury like breaking a bone in your foot, is an injury that may affect the trajectory of your career. Although it may not be Yao or Oden-type serious, it may be something that will stay with him for the rest of his career (more injuries throughout his career than expected).

Considering the fact that they never wanted him to begin with, his injuries this season will have a huge effect on his value and it does impact the trade rumors. I'm completely dismissing a Magic-Nets trade involving Lopez... Unless it Lopez to a third team.

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Newsflash: For a center, a serious injury like breaking a bone in your foot, is an injury that may affect the trajectory of your career. Although it may not be Yao or Oden-type serious, it may be something that will stay with him for the rest of his career (more injuries throughout his career than expected).

Yao and Lopez didn't even have the same type of foot fractures. And you mention two players' careers not ended by a sprain, but multiple surgeries. Nice try though.

Considering the fact that they never wanted him to begin with, his injuries this season will have a huge effect on his value and it does impact the trade rumors. I'm completely dismissing a Magic-Nets trade involving Lopez... Unless it Lopez to a third team.

So if they didn't want Lopez, what are the other offers from teams on Dwight Howard's list? Dallas can't offer anything of note and the Lakers are offering Bynum, whose career is littered with injuries and surgeries to both of his knees. He has a stretch of games played and everyone is supposed to take the "injury-prone" label off? Nope. The Magic could field offers to teams wanting a rental, but judging how the Warriors aren't including Monta Ellis in their proposal, I'm willing to bet those offers aren't exactly amazing.

The Nets hold the best draft pick out of any of Howard's preferred teams and a young big man who is a restricted free agent this summer. I'm sure the Nets don't mind waiting to sign Howard outright. The question is if the Magic are willing to let Howard walk for nothing. He's not opting in his final year to go through everything concerning trade rumors this season again next season. The Magic have no pieces to trade for a second star as we've all seen the lack of movement on trade talks this season and are way over the cap to sign anyone. The Nets offer a better rebuild than being stuck in mediocrity (not a contender, but not bad enough for high draft picks). Whatever direction they pick, a sprain sure as hell didn't make up the decision.

oak2455
03-06-2012, 07:57 AM
He's gonna stay with the magic til 2013 then we shall see what happens that's what I'm guessing ...

Trueblue2
03-06-2012, 09:03 AM
This could end up being a good thing for the nets, the way it looks now is that Dwight wants to be a net. They can easily make room for him to sign as a fa and moving Lopez to pf (which he is a better fit for anyway) with Dwight at c would just be unreal. As a laker fan it hurts to say but there's a good chance that Lopez/Dwight is a better pf/c combo than pau/Bynum.

Williams/farmar
Brooks/Stevenson
Morrow/j.williams/James
Lopez/hump/S.Williams
Dwight/Lopez/petro

Is just nasty (this is assuming they resign some role players for team friendly contracts. Not to mention that they could definitely acquire a solid starting sf with the mle and let morrow play his natural position at the 2. Maybe odom could sign there for part of the mle and have a bounce back year playing the 3 and 4 for them. And if hedo and/or Ron Ron get amnestied they would be a great fit in nj and they'd sign for nothing. Not to mention they'd have a good draft pick in a deep draft and possibly another in the high teens depending on how Houston does. If it plays out like that and they draft rivers (or an equally promising pg) and say fab melo (or another raw but promising big) they'd be an amazing team. If they drafted melo I'm sure they could move petro for a draft pick and get a TPE out of it. And who better for melo to play with than Dwight Howard?
Williams/farmar/rivers
Morrow/Brooks/rivers
Hedo/odom/Ron Ron
Lopez/hump/odom
Dwight/Lopez/melo

They'd have a good spot up shooter in hedo, an unequalled defensive presense in Dwight, an elite point guard in dwill, a very capable point forward in odom, a defensive specialist in Ron (who by the way is finally finding his groove) and unreal supporting cast in morrow, hump, Brooks, melo, rivers, and farmar.

If the nets pulled a heat and end up pulling this off it would be incredible. A perfect combination of youth, veterans, defense, and scoring. I know it seems like a pipe dream, but it's actually very possible. If the FO was smart they'd be Selling this plan to dwill and having him make some behind the scenes calls to get it set up. Meanwhile unloading all their expirings for future draft picks and TPE's so they have room to work with with a trade. If it goes down like this they'd even have the pieces and flexibility to add a third star, or at the very least even more solid role players.

Edit::facepalm: on me for not realizing hedo can't be amnestied. But there are still amnesty candidates that could come in and play the 3 for nj like Shawn Marion, Marvin Williams, or mike miller. Just replace hedo in that scenario with one of these threez

Young and Stupid
03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
As others have said, this may be a blessing in disguise for the Nets. As a Nets fans, part of me wishes that the injury would have been worse (as many of us expected it to be) so that the Magic were assuredly scared away from facilitating a trade.

I've been one in the minority of Nets fans -- so that's like six people out of the 27 Nets fans that exist -- that is rooting for the Magic to hold onto Howard through the deadline rather than trade him to the Nets. The Nets would be much served if they acquired him as a FA instead of through a trade; they'd have a team capable of competing with the HEAT.

waveycrockett
03-06-2012, 09:48 AM
He's gonna stay with the magic til 2013 then we shall see what happens that's what I'm guessing ...

So your predicting NOW that he is going to throw away not just this season but next season as well?? Yeah I dont see Dwight being that dumb

oak2455
03-06-2012, 09:54 AM
:)

oak2455
03-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Dupe!

oak2455
03-06-2012, 10:00 AM
So your predicting NOW that he is going to throw away not just this season but next season as well?? Yeah I dont see Dwight being that dumb

What does he lose ?? Plus look who's gonna be FAs 2013
Also what does he gain?? Becoming a Net or Mav or maybe a better class of FAs In 2013, so he can dictate who he can play with..IDK.. It's just a opinion

Rockice_8
03-06-2012, 10:04 AM
He's gonna stay with the magic til 2013 then we shall see what happens that's what I'm wishing ...

There I fixed it for you.

This injury doesn't change much going forward for the Magic. If it was another foot injury then there could be some cause for concern but a simple twisted ankle isn't going to change their minds one way or another. If they want to make a deal they will and if they want to roll the dice they won't. This injury isn't much of a factor at all since it's not the same foot bone.

I think it's 50/50 on whether or not Orlando pulls the trigger still. It's going to be a last min thing if they make a deal.

waveycrockett
03-06-2012, 10:07 AM
What does he lose ?? Plus look who's gonna be FAs 2013
Also what does he gain?? Becoming a Net or Mav or maybe a better class of FAs In 2013, so he can dictate who he can play with..IDK.. It's just a opinion

Um he loses 2 more years he could competing for a championship and developing chemistry with a new team. If plans on playing with the Lakers or Mavs he better get there sooner rather than later. Waiting 2 more years to play with an out of their prime OR retired Dirk and Kobe defeats the purpose of going there. And I dont see the Nets saving their capspace two more years waiting for him. If he stays with Orlando he is going to basically continue to play on a perennial 4/5 seed. I dont see him being that dumb.

oak2455
03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Good stuff idc about this injury I think other things are happening that makes Dwight stay one more year .....Like I said its my opinion that's what we do here...

oak2455
03-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Um he loses 2 more years he could competing for a championship and developing chemistry with a new team. If plans on playing with the Lakers or Mavs he better get there sooner rather than later. Waiting 2 more years to play with an out of their prime OR retired Dirk and Kobe defeats the purpose of going there. And I dont see the Nets saving their capspace two more years waiting for him. If he stays with Orlando he is going to basically continue to play on a perennial 4/5 seed. I dont see him being that dumb.

So on the Magic he'll be a 4 or 5 seed and what's he gonna be with say the Nets Mavs or Lakers? And I don't think another year is gonna hurt him at all... Again it's my opinion that's all... I have no inside info... So I will be labeled as a hater by some because I have a opinion ....lol!

YoungOne
03-06-2012, 10:15 AM
sucks, really like lopez game..

Rockice_8
03-06-2012, 11:08 AM
So on the Magic he'll be a 4 or 5 seed and what's he gonna be with say the Nets Mavs or Lakers? And I don't think another year is gonna hurt him at all... Again it's my opinion that's all... I have no inside info... So I will be labeled as a hater by some because I have a opinion ....lol!

I know it's your opinion but the guy requested a trade so where do you now get the idea that he's gonna stay. He's got a great chance to go to DAL or Brooklyn in the off season and play with other stars. There's no way Orlando can get another for him so I respectfully disagree cause there is no way he stays.

He'll be in DAL or Brooklyn (I think Brooklyn) starting next year. You know Orlando has zero shot to win but at least the other two have others stars and can build a team around them. If Dwight signs in either DAL or Brooklyn both of those teams will have a better shot to win it all then him staying in Orlando playing with Ryan Anderson and JJ Reddick. I just find it amazing how they have that good of a record with those players around Dwight.

showtime24
03-06-2012, 11:13 AM

knock on wood :)

oak2455
03-06-2012, 12:14 PM
I know it's your opinion but the guy requested a trade so where do you now get the idea that he's gonna stay. He's got a great chance to go to DAL or Brooklyn in the off season and play with other stars. There's no way Orlando can get another for him so I respectfully disagree cause there is no way he stays.

He'll be in DAL or Brooklyn (I think Brooklyn) starting next year. You know Orlando has zero shot to win but at least the other two have others stars and can build a team around them. If Dwight signs in either DAL or Brooklyn both of those teams will have a better shot to win it all then him staying in Orlando playing with Ryan Anderson and JJ Reddick. I just find it amazing how they have that good of a record with those players around Dwight.

look at the FA's coming out next year.....thats all I'm saying

Afridi786
03-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Good for the Nets when Dwight joins them this off season, Brook and Dwight next to each other....lololol.

Rockice_8
03-06-2012, 12:30 PM
look at the FA's coming out next year.....thats all I'm saying

Yeah it's a nice list but how many of the true stars will become FA's and who is going to have the market and the cap to sign these guys. I know it's early but why risk it when there are two very attractive offers sitting in front of him this year.

If he waits and there are no attractive options then he's stuck in crappy Orlando with Turk and Big Baby for the next 2-4 years with no chance to win.

Way to risky to wait, that's all I'm saying.

Raph12
03-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Yao and Lopez didn't even have the same type of foot fractures. And you mention two players' careers not ended by a sprain, but multiple surgeries. Nice try though.

Never said it was the same type of foot fracture, I said any serious injury tends to affect the trajectory of a center's career, due to their size. Most guys that big, a serious injury tends to be followed by a series of injuries throughout their career...

So if they didn't want Lopez, what are the other offers from teams on Dwight Howard's list? Dallas can't offer anything of note and the Lakers are offering Bynum, whose career is littered with injuries and surgeries to both of his knees. He has a stretch of games played and everyone is supposed to take the "injury-prone" label off? Nope. The Magic could field offers to teams wanting a rental, but judging how the Warriors aren't including Monta Ellis in their proposal, I'm willing to bet those offers aren't exactly amazing.

The Nets hold the best draft pick out of any of Howard's preferred teams and a young big man who is a restricted free agent this summer. I'm sure the Nets don't mind waiting to sign Howard outright. The question is if the Magic are willing to let Howard walk for nothing. He's not opting in his final year to go through everything concerning trade rumors this season again next season. The Magic have no pieces to trade for a second star as we've all seen the lack of movement on trade talks this season and are way over the cap to sign anyone. The Nets offer a better rebuild than being stuck in mediocrity (not a contender, but not bad enough for high draft picks). Whatever direction they pick, a sprain sure as hell didn't make up the decision.

In theory, your arguement would hold merit, but the fact that Rich DeVos (Orlando Magic team owner) is old as hell and dying; he does not want to trade Dwight with the quality of offers on the table. He feels that Dwight is a generational player and would rather compete one last time than start rebuilding his team at this age.

I say Dwight will stay a Magic player past the deadline (unless something is on the table you can't turn down) and he may even opt-in for his 2012-13 season, just so he can become a FA with CP3, Monta and JSmoove in 2013 instead.

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Never said it was the same type of foot fracture, I said any serious injury tends to affect the trajectory of a center's career, due to their size. Most guys that big, a serious injury tends to be followed by a series of injuries throughout their career...

It would've been more serious had Lopez's fracture been more towards the rest of his foot than towards his toe. It also would've been more serious had his second injury been another fracture instead of a sprain. Again, I doubt the Magic (or anyone) is taking the sprain as a deal breaker (knowing that an injured player can be traded).

In theory, your arguement would hold merit, but the fact that Rich DeVos (Orlando Magic team owner) is old as hell and dying; he does not want to trade Dwight with the quality of offers on the table. He feels that Dwight is a generational player and would rather compete one last time than start rebuilding his team at this age.

I say Dwight will stay a Magic player past the deadline (unless something is on the table you can't turn down) and he may even opt-in for his 2012-13 season, just so he can become a FA with CP3, Monta and JSmoove in 2013 instead.

So DeVos will really risk losing Howard to free agency for nothing? Let's go through your scenario next year if Dwight Howard actually decides to opt in. Nothing changes with the Magic. They'll still be stuck with nearly the same team while being over the cap and no assets to help bring in a second star. They won't contend for a championship and they won't be horrible enough for a high draft pick to select or help in a trade to bring in that second star. Meanwhile, Howard will go through even more media speculation because in your own words "he may even opt-in for his 2012-2013 season, just so he can become a FA with CP3, Monta, and JSmoove".

As far as those three you named, CP3 will likely stay with the Clippers. That's way too good of a team and will not be able to bring in Howard when you take into account max contracts to CP3 and Griffin and DeAndre Jordan's contract. Josh Smith may be his friend, but Howard (as well as the Magic) aren't going to waste another year to wait for him when Howard has a chance to play with Deron, someone I'm willing to bet Howard will want to play with more than Monta Ellis. And what good does it do for the Magic waiting for 2013? After offering Howard a max contract extension (along with probably extending Ryan Anderson), they couldn't bring any of those guys in anyway.

Back to the topic...again, Lopez's sprain holds nothing on trade talks. The Magic, along with probably every medical adviser, know what type of player they're getting after Lopez's recovery. A trade will get done at the deadline to get more lottery balls on the Nets's first round pick or the Magic will lose Howard at the deadline because of reasons stated above. I'm sorry, but he's not staying in Orlando another year. As for the Magic, it's time to rebuild, not to delay it. They tried, mistakes were made (like Rashard Lewis's contract and flipping him for Arenas), but it's over.

oak2455
03-06-2012, 05:35 PM
The magic or any other team won't trade for a guy who's injured ..... Just doesn't happen....maybe another package .... But who knows

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 05:36 PM
The magic or any other team won't trade for a guy who's injured ..... Just doesn't happen....maybe another package .... But who knows

Nets traded for an injured Vince Carter and traded Jason Kidd for an injured Devin Harris. It happens.

oak2455
03-06-2012, 05:54 PM
That's rare very rare.... Also this is D12

waveycrockett
03-06-2012, 06:24 PM

His supporting cast on the Magic are ryan anderson, jj reddick and jameer nelson you really gunna say thats the same as playing with Dwill, Lopez, Brooks,Morrow and a top-5lottery pick??

Raph12
03-06-2012, 09:02 PM
It would've been more serious had Lopez's fracture been more towards the rest of his foot than towards his toe. It also would've been more serious had his second injury been another fracture instead of a sprain. Again, I doubt the Magic (or anyone) is taking the sprain as a deal breaker (knowing that an injured player can be traded).

It's not a deal-breaker, but it'll be on their minds for sure...

So DeVos will really risk losing Howard to free agency for nothing? Let's go through your scenario next year if Dwight Howard actually decides to opt in. Nothing changes with the Magic. They'll still be stuck with nearly the same team while being over the cap and no assets to help bring in a second star. They won't contend for a championship and they won't be horrible enough for a high draft pick to select or help in a trade to bring in that second star. Meanwhile, Howard will go through even more media speculation because in your own words "he may even opt-in for his 2012-2013 season, just so he can become a FA with CP3, Monta, and JSmoove".

Actually yes, he is willing to hold onto Dwight in the hopes that he doesn't leave $30M on the table. And actually if Dwight opts in, the Magic will have a chance to clear cap for the 2013-14 season, in hopes that Dwight may convince some of his friend to come play with him.

As far as those three you named, CP3 will likely stay with the Clippers. That's way too good of a team and will not be able to bring in Howard when you take into account max contracts to CP3 and Griffin and DeAndre Jordan's contract. Josh Smith may be his friend, but Howard (as well as the Magic) aren't going to waste another year to wait for him when Howard has a chance to play with Deron, someone I'm willing to bet Howard will want to play with more than Monta Ellis. And what good does it do for the Magic waiting for 2013? After offering Howard a max contract extension (along with probably extending Ryan Anderson), they couldn't bring any of those guys in anyway.

In 2013, Hedo, Duhon, QRich and Wafer are non-guaranteed, so the Magic will have only Baby and JRich on the books (combined $12.5M). They will likely match anything for Ryan Anderson during the 2012 offseason, so that's probably another $8-10M. With only $20M in salary (maybe they try and trade Baby or JRich to clear even more room), they'll have a lot of room if Dwight tries to pull a DWade and get his buddies to join him in Orlando; that's probably what the Magic are thinking.... As for CP3, a couple of early playoffs exits in LA may get him to reconsider the Clipps, if not Monta and JSmoove definitely want out of their situations. Apparently Dwight was upset with Deron during AllStar weekend, as DWill seemed to have his sights set on Dallas.

Back to the topic...again, Lopez's sprain holds nothing on trade talks. The Magic, along with probably every medical adviser, know what type of player they're getting after Lopez's recovery. A trade will get done at the deadline to get more lottery balls on the Nets's first round pick or the Magic will lose Howard at the deadline because of reasons stated above. I'm sorry, but he's not staying in Orlando another year. As for the Magic, it's time to rebuild, not to delay it. They tried, mistakes were made (like Rashard Lewis's contract and flipping him for Arenas), but it's over.

Whether or not he's opting in, he won't be traded, especially not for an injured Lopez... If there isn't a home-run deal, he won't be traded, book it.

H.E.R.
03-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Actually yes, he is willing to hold onto Dwight in the hopes that he doesn't leave $30M on the table. And actually if Dwight opts in, the Magic will have a chance to clear cap for the 2013-14 season, in hopes that Dwight may convince some of his friend to come play with him.

Howard will (or already has) take one look at the contract Adidas gave Derrick Rose and the type of contract he'll receive for playing in a big market like NYC. Whatever 5th year incentive and percentage increases will be an afterthought compared to his endorsements.

In 2013, Hedo, Duhon, QRich and Wafer are non-guaranteed, so the Magic will have only Baby and JRich on the books (combined $12.5M). They will likely match anything for Ryan Anderson during the 2012 offseason, so that's probably another $8-10M. With only $20M in salary (maybe they try and trade Baby or JRich to clear even more room), they'll have a lot of room if Dwight tries to pull a DWade and get his buddies to join him in Orlando; that's probably what the Magic are thinking....

There's a salary floor within the new CBA that each team must spend. Expect them to have either those guys or similar contracts by that time. For the sake that you're correct, why don't you take a look at what the Nets have on the books that year. Even if Deron were to walk this summer, they could retool entirely with that 2013 free agent pool with an extended Brook Lopez and MarShon Brooks and whatever first round pick they get this summer. I'm sure the Magic's front office have taken notice as well. Of course, both teams' payrolls will look entirely different by then anyway so this argument is moot.

As for CP3, a couple of early playoffs exits in LA may get him to reconsider the Clipps,

Kind of like what Dwight Howard has been going through in Orlando?

Apparently Dwight was upset with Deron during AllStar weekend, as DWill seemed to have his sights set on Dallas.

When asked about Dwight Howard, Otis Smith answered "Nothing's changed". He still wants out and the Nets remain his first option. Who cares what DeVos wants? Howard can leave without his permission in free agency.

Whether or not he's opting in, he won't be traded, especially not for an injured Lopez... If there isn't a home-run deal, he won't be traded, book it.

You're bringing up the injury argument again. Once again, the sprain's not the decisive factor in a Howard trade. Hell, it's not even a factor. It'll be the second time the Magic have let go of a star center for nothing if there's no trade. The Magic aren't contending this year or next year with Dwight Howard and chances are they probably won't until they rebuild once again.

Raph12
03-07-2012, 02:52 AM
Howard will (or already has) take one look at the contract Adidas gave Derrick Rose and the type of contract he'll receive for playing in a big market like NYC. Whatever 5th year incentive and percentage increases will be an afterthought compared to his endorsements.

I'm not saying Dwight doesn't want out, I'm saying the Magic don't want to trade him and they won't, unless they get a homerun deal.

There's a salary floor within the new CBA that each team must spend. Expect them to have either those guys or similar contracts by that time. For the sake that you're correct, why don't you take a look at what the Nets have on the books that year. Even if Deron were to walk this summer, they could retool entirely with that 2013 free agent pool with an extended Brook Lopez and MarShon Brooks and whatever first round pick they get this summer. I'm sure the Magic's front office have taken notice as well. Of course, both teams' payrolls will look entirely different by then anyway so this argument is moot.

It's called 1yr contracts dude, you guarantee the first year and then put an option on the 2nd (like what the Nets did with Humphries). But I do agree that this arguement is moot because if Dwight opts in, there will be a good 8-10 teams that will clear as much cap as possible to try and become Miami 2.0.

Kind of like what Dwight Howard has been going through in Orlando?

Dwight made the Finals and ECFs in two of the last three seasons, not really what CP3 has gone through or what I expect him to go through this year... Plus with how heavily the Magic depend on the 3-ball, you never know how far they'll get.

When asked about Dwight Howard, Otis Smith answered "Nothing's changed". He still wants out and the Nets remain his first option. Who cares what DeVos wants? Howard can leave without his permission in free agency.

The whole Magic team cares what DeVos wants, if he says "no deals" then there will be no deals. The deal that had Dwight going to the Nets prior to this season was also vetoed by DeVos. He won't trade Dwight, he'd rather Dwight walk after one more serious run.

You're bringing up the injury argument again. Once again, the sprain's not the decisive factor in a Howard trade. Hell, it's not even a factor. It'll be the second time the Magic have let go of a star center for nothing if there's no trade. The Magic aren't contending this year or next year with Dwight Howard and chances are they probably won't until they rebuild once again.

The Magic shoot about 30 3pters a game and Dwight gets 20+ppg-15+rpg-2+apg-1.5+spg-2+bpg, they contend each and every season because of that. A team that shoots as many 3s as Orlando does is never out of any series, they can literally shoot their way into a series win... As for the injury, it guarantees that the Magic don't trade for Lopez (unless a third team gets in), book it.

bryan71023
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
You make some valid points here but let me ask you this. If Dwight somehow stays with Orlando and signs back with them what happens to Dwill? Will he stick around with the current roster? I wonder if Billy King makes a move before the deadline to trade Dwill if he knows that they will not be able to get Dwight? I think we will know more to this after the trade deadline.

If Dwight would resign back with Orlando wouldn't you think he would have sign an extension with the Magic a long time ago? The Nets are not going to trade Deron Williams, the point of trading for him would have no point if the Nets decide to trade him away after a year and a half. The newest rumor is that the Nets are trying to go after Michael Beasley and the Wolves would pretty much give him up for nothing as long as he's out of Minnesota. The Nets want to unload on Farmar, Petro, and Shawne Williams. I'm not saying Beasley will make Deron stay but he would be an Restricted Free Agent in which the Nets can match any offers for him if they trade for him. The Nets would need a plan B if the Dwight deal fails for them so they are working on it although their main factor is Dwight Howard.