PDA

View Full Version : Lakers and Blazers discussing Felton for Blake swap

spreadeagle
03-05-2012, 01:54 PM
The Lakers desperately need a true point guard. The Trail Blazers have been very unhappy with Raymond Felton this season — mostly because he’s looked heavy, is shooting 36.8 percent, 24.6 percent from three, and his turnovers are up.

So while it may be odd to have two division rivals talking trade, the Lakers and Trail Blazers are indeed talking, reports CSNNW.com.

A league source has informed CSNNW.com that the Los Angeles Lakers and the Portland Trail Blazers have had “exploratory talks” regarding Trail Blazers’ guard Raymond Felton.

According to the source, talks have been ongoing for weeks and it is likely to involve Lakers’ guard Steve Blake in the deal.

Felton, when playing well, is a much better floor general and a guy who can break down a defense with penetration, which is exactly what the Lakers need at the point. They need someone besides Kobe Bryant who can create shots for himself and others on the perimeter.

He just hasn’t played anything like that this year. He has been benched by coach Nate McMillan and is not happy about it. There are some serious issues in the Trail Blazers locker room and it needs to be shaken up and the problems shipped out. If that is Felton….

Steve Blake is Steve Blake — not brilliant as a pure point guard but he can knock down threes and space the floor. Is that really enough for Felton?

Just something to watch. Any and every point guard on the market — Raymond Felton, Jose Calderon, anyone .

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/05/report-lakers-trail-blazers-discuss-raymond-felton-trade/

Gram
03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Felton for Blake straight up.

Corey
03-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Makes sense for the Lakers.

Portland just wants Felton and his out of shape *** out of town.

Celticsfan2007
03-05-2012, 01:56 PM
That's cute. Division rivals trading PG's...

ElFuturoDeESPN
03-05-2012, 01:59 PM
I feel sick. Why, Larry?! Why the Lakers, of all teams..

Gram
03-05-2012, 02:01 PM

They're not in the same division. :cool:

thekmp211
03-05-2012, 02:02 PM
honestly i get he's sucked but if LA fills a gaping hole in their rotation in exchange for steve freaking blake i'll be a little pissed.

Corey
03-05-2012, 02:03 PM

Division =/= Conference.

DaVille
03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
trading Felton for Blake, REALLY?? Blazers lost their damn mind

UKblazers
03-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah lets trade felton for one of the very few guards with a lower PER. Great personnel move. At least felton's contract expires this year i don't understand why Portland would do this.

Ezio
03-05-2012, 02:10 PM
That's turrible. What else Portland's first round pick?

WeaponXXX
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
That is hacking

ElFuturoDeESPN
03-05-2012, 02:18 PM
That's turrible. What else Portland's first round pick?

Yeah, may as well send our first rounder for Luke Walton, as well. Good God.

Celticsfan2007
03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Blake + McLOLroberts for Felton?

Gritz
03-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Haha

Havoc Wreaker
03-05-2012, 02:41 PM

You're doing it wrong...

shep33
03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I like Blake on the Lakers, he's one of our very few players that can hit a 3. Great team guy too. Raymond can't hit 3's... something we're dead last in. If we get him, don't get me wrong, he's a big upgrade. But I don't want to give up a first rounder in the process for a guy who is likely gonna test free agency

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I like Blake on the Lakers, he's one of our very few players that can hit a 3. Great team guy too. Raymond can't hit 3's... something we're dead last in. If we get him, don't get me wrong, he's a big upgrade. But I don't want to give up a first rounder in the process for a guy who is likely gonna test free agency

Agree. I would rather keep Blake and use the TPE on another point guard or maybe Felton if the Blazers just want to dump him. (Doubt it) If we trade Blake, that still means Fisher get heavy minutes. I would rather have Session/Blake/............. then maybe Fisher

Gritz
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Didn't he shoot like 46% with Denver last season?

spreadeagle
03-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Something like Lakers get Calderon and Raptors second rounder "Calderon has another year so wont just leave in F.A", Raptors Get Felton Crawford , Por gets Blake Bayless and Lakers first. Would be nice from a Raptors fan POV anyway lol,I think Felton will be a steal for some team, he just needs to get in shape have a good coach get at him a bit he will turn it around

shep33
03-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Didn't he shoot like 46% with Denver last season?

Well that was only a 21 game sample though. Career he's around 32% with Blake around 39%.

Also Blake doesn't complain about anything, he's not going to ask for a trade or anything to that nature, and he's an excellent teammate.

More than anything, why waste a first rounder (which we'd likely have to give up), for a guy who can just leave after this season?

Don't get me wrong, it'd be cool to have Felton on the team, and he's an upgrade big time, but if it's only a rental, I don't want him.

shep33
03-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't this gets done, Felton is returning to the starting lineup today.... maybe to boost his value. He should get traded though, to the Lakers or not, doesn't really matter, just get a decent pg and a pick back

Gritz
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Since it's reported, it's not going to happen

The Final Boss
03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Well that was only a 21 game sample though. Career he's around 32% with Blake around 39%.

Also Blake doesn't complain about anything, he's not going to ask for a trade or anything to that nature, and he's an excellent teammate.

More than anything, why waste a first rounder (which we'd likely have to give up), for a guy who can just leave after this season?

Don't get me wrong, it'd be cool to have Felton on the team, and he's an upgrade big time, but if it's only a rental, I don't want him.

And why are people like Felton bad teamates who ***** and complain while people like Blake do not? :rolleyes:

shep33
03-05-2012, 03:42 PM
And why does Felton complain and Blake does not? :rolleyes:

I'm not getting what your trying to say. I think Felton wants big time minutes or he doesn't want to play for whatever team he's on. I believe he complained in Denver, we've heard the stories in Portland with him being upset with Nate, so if he gets benched by Mike Brown for say not playing solid D, then who's to say he doesn't do the same in LA?

I personally think he'd do fine for the most part, but again, it comes down to trading away a draft pick in a very good draft, plus one of our better 3 point shooters for a guy who can just leave in a few weeks.

The Final Boss
03-05-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm not getting what your trying to say. I think Felton wants big time minutes or he doesn't want to play for whatever team he's on. I believe he complained in Denver, we've heard the stories in Portland with him being upset with Nate, so if he gets benched by Mike Brown for say not playing solid D, then who's to say he doesn't do the same in LA?

I personally think he'd do fine for the most part, but again, it comes down to trading away a draft pick in a very good draft, plus one of our better 3 point shooters for a guy who can just leave in a few weeks.

It's a big risk to make considering his offseason status but I'm sure Bryant would sign off on it hoping to mentor Felton. Bryant wants more rings, obviously, so it could potentially be a solid move.

shep33
03-05-2012, 04:31 PM
It's a big risk to make considering his offseason status but I'm sure Bryant would sign off on it hoping to mentor Felton. Bryant wants more rings, obviously, so it could potentialy be a solid move.

I agree, short term it could be a big move to get them over the hump. They need a pg badly, a starting caliber pg anyways. Also wish we had some shooters though.

LakersA's49ers
03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
conference rivals! northwest, pacific. but anyways, this could be a steal for the purple and gold. felton is a solid player who can knock down a shot, and like said before, can dribble penetrate

Avenged
03-05-2012, 05:08 PM
What's odd is that Blake is putting up a better season than Felton while playing less minutes.

lavell12
03-05-2012, 06:01 PM
This deal won't helps since the problem isn't Blake it is Fisher, the Lakers need to man up and sit Fisher on the bench.

SmartestGuyHere
03-05-2012, 06:03 PM
But he's the IRONMAN and he has dirt on the Buss family.

PrettyBoyJ
03-05-2012, 06:10 PM
THey should trade Blake for Ramon Sessions

JNA17
03-05-2012, 06:27 PM
This deal won't helps since the problem isn't Blake it is Fisher, the Lakers need to man up and sit Fisher on the bench.

Basically, Mike Brown needs to grow some balls for once in his pathetic coaching career and start an actual decent PG. I would even settle for Goudelock starting at point if not Blake. ANYTHING other then Fisher.

Kuya_Clive
03-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah lets trade felton for one of the very few guards with a lower PER. Great personnel move. At least felton's contract expires this year i don't understand why Portland would do this.

There's something about that girl in your sig from the Purple Swag video that makes her really attractive

RCarlson85
03-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I think the lakers should throw in Walton too so it's a more fair trade. lol

jiggin
03-05-2012, 07:47 PM
blake for felton isn't enough...unless blake is on an expiring contract, like Felton. Still think the Blazers can get more than Blake from a rival, especially if the Lakers believe Felton is their PG for the next couple years (want to resign him).

Hell the blazers might be able to package Felton with Wallace or Camby and get more from another team...since it appears the Blazers are rebuilding around Aldridge/Batum...

hell, Crawford is on an expiring contract, so he could be added to the group as well.

Sources confirm to HOOPSWORLD that Crawford, who was signed as an unrestricted free agent this offseason to be retired shooting guard Brandon Roy’s replacement, is on several team’s radar. The Los Angeles Clippers and Minnesota Timberwolves are pursuing him the strongest, but the Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks have also expressed interest.

NoahH
03-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Lakers would need to give something else up to make it fair IMO but the Blazers don't want Felton around either

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-05-2012, 09:07 PM
With the Lakers FO, nothing is imminent.

SmartestGuyHere
03-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Lakers would need to give something else up to make it fair IMO but the Blazers don't want Felton around either

LOL Heat fan talking about "fair". What did the Heat give up for Lebron and Bosh? Some late round picks? The irony...

kblo247
03-05-2012, 09:53 PM

To be fair, Blake is loved by Nate, had his best years there, and knows the offense. It is why he was already brought back once before. I could see them bringing him back because he won't complain or want to do things his way like Andre and Felton butted heads with Nate over in the past. He is a system PG like Fisher and he fits NAte's system like Fish fitted Phil's, so he *****es less than a traditional PG like Felton or Miller who want to make plays and things happen freestyle sometimes. Less headaches, less questioning, and a guy who is solid locker room guy for a team lacking direction

Aust
03-06-2012, 01:05 AM

Pretty much, that trade would work salary wise and seems like the most likely route IMO.

I just don't see Portland trading with us. They. Don't. Like. Us.
Unless they REALLY want to get rid of Felton.

As a Laker fan I obviously love this trade. Felton would be the best PG we've had in a lonnnggggg time, and Blake plays good as a Blazer.

DragonJaii
03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
felton is much better than blake imo

WAYNEBO
03-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Felty had a good showing w/ the Knicks... can't understand why they'd make this trade.

Birdmannn
03-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Good for LA
Bad for Portland

Da Knicks
03-06-2012, 05:56 PM
BIG BIG MOVE! I like Felton he is tough as nails and could really make a difference. First rounder and Blake is not a high price to pay when you get a player like Felton. Yeah he could leave in free agency but he is not going to leave if you give him a team like the lakers.