PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't feel too bad for losing to the Lakers?

KCMAJ
03-05-2012, 12:02 PM
I dreaded the times when the Heat lost in the past but there are 2 reasons why I don't feel too bad for losing to the Lakers yesterday. 1) I thank the Lakers for not going ugly in retaliating against Wade. 2) this lost shows us on how we desperately need an upgrade in the center position. Give me Rasheed Wallace first and try to get Kaman or the bird man from Denver. We tried E. Curry and Curry did not work. We tried Pittman but Pittman needs to be in the D league. I hate when people keep saying that the Heat are fine and on how the Heat were 2 games away from winning a championship last year. Does that mean anything? What is the use of Juwan Howard? The dude needs retirement very badly. He may be a positive player to be around but he has to contribute something when he is called to play. We lost fair and square to the Lakers yesterday and this lost shows us that Riley needs to make a move real bad.

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 12:06 PM
good post

bottom line is with bosh playing it would have all been different. Its going to be hard to win games when juwon is getting extended minutes.

mikealike305
03-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Yea that game shows just how important Chris bosh is to this team and just how bad we are at the 5. Pittman was just sad to watch yesterday.

LRizzle
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Bosh is huge for us. Instead of getting 35 minutes from an all star PF and solid contributions from Haslem off the bench, we end up having to start Haslem and Pittman and Howard see the court. Scary dropoff.

And playing the Jazz and Lakers were quite possibly two of the worst teams for us to face. The Bulls would've been bad too. Oh well. Let's pick it back up against the Nets and Hawks.

Jemikz9Clutch
03-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I dreaded the times when the Heat lost in the past but there are 2 reasons why I don't feel too bad for losing to the Lakers yesterday. 1) I thank the Lakers for not going ugly in retaliating against Wade. 2) this lost shows us on how we desperately need an upgrade in the center position. Give me Rasheed Wallace first and try to get Kaman or the bird man from Denver. We tried E. Curry and Curry did not work. We tried Pittman but Pittman needs to be in the D league. I hate when people keep saying that the Heat are fine and on how the Heat were 2 games away from winning a championship last year. Does that mean anything? What is the use of Juwan Howard? The dude needs retirement very badly. He may be a positive player to be around but he has to contribute something when he is called to play. We lost fair and square to the Lakers yesterday and this lost shows us that Riley needs to make a move real bad.

yeah me too. i know that we might lose against the lakers since they got 2 7 footers and bosh is out.

now, for those who are saying to trade bosh, FU all! the games played by the heat since the big 3 without bosh, my estimation is we are 3-4, winning only against portland last week, toronto (miller got 32 pts) and pistons when eddie house made game winning FTs on a just-lebron-led team. we lost against the hawks, knicks last season and jazz, lakers this season. yeah we might have won against the jazz last week, but if we had bosh, i would say that was a sure win.

yeah i'm with you on what you said on the bold part. i disagree on the part that people saying that and "we can win small ball (with the heat playing fast tempo)". well we are right about this one. we can't play fast pace 100% of the time especially on the playoffs where the pace tends to get slower. in this game, height is a plus. and we definitely need a center like a was saying last december. too bad that we just can't get one.

i'll have to admit my mistakes also about pittman. all i can do was :facepalm: and say that i was wrong. wtf with curry btw? why is he still not playing? is it spo again sucking JA's ****?

gotoHcarolina52
03-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Don't let go of the rope

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-05-2012, 03:16 PM
I think that you guys needs someone like Sheed. Just in case Bosh is injured (God forbid) The Laker's totally disregarded the big setting the screen for Bron and D Wade. It was like they were playing 4 on 3. Bynum, Gasol, Artest, Bryant vs Bron, Wade, and Chalmers. I think signing Sheed would at least make the other team respect the threat of of your big hitting the jumper.

Its always good to have that security of back up bigs just in case something goes wrong. When Bynum went down, we were lucky to have Odom. I dont think you guys need someone as good as that to win it all, but just something above Howard.

mamba24
03-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Yea that game shows just how important Chris bosh is to this team and just how bad we are at the 5. Pittman was just sad to watch yesterday.

I agree. I am a die hard Lakers fan. Grew up on LA so I am no bandwagon fan... I loved the win BUT I do take it with a grain of salt. Bosh would've made the difference in that game. No bosh AND Wade didn't play well at all and the Lakers only won by 10.

This season the Heat are by far the best team. You guys will be seeing a championship this year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional (Bulls fans...)... I dont like the Heat but they play the most entertaining basketball in the league. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I agree. I am a die hard Lakers fan. Grew up on LA so I am no bandwagon fan... I loved the win BUT I do take it with a grain of salt. Bosh would've made the difference in that game. No bosh AND Wade didn't play well at all and the Lakers only won by 10.

This season the Heat are by far the best team. You guys will be seeing a championship this year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional (Bulls fans...)... I dont like the Heat but they play the most entertaining basketball in the league. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Thanks, hopefully it will be you guys we play in the finals. THat would be an epic matchup

flashelement
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe it's time to fit Zo with a uni.

BIG worm
03-05-2012, 04:00 PM
bulls fan here. call me crazy but i think bosh being out hurts more then wade or lebron being out. especially going up against the lakers and their size.

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 04:07 PM
bulls fan here. call me crazy but i think bosh being out hurts more then wade or lebron being out. especially going up against the lakers and their size.

Considering he is our only big thats above avg, and we have miller and battier to back bron and wade, thats a very fair assessment.

Like you said, lakers and utah for that matter have the 2 biggest front courts in the league

BIG worm
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
i def dont think bosh gets enough credit for what he brings to the heat. you guys got yourself some damn fine players over there in south beach.

dnewguy
03-05-2012, 06:25 PM
The refs pretty much let them get physical with us and it's was a felony to touch the Lakers. Sums up whole game. If you don't think there is an agenda behind that game (Wade/Bron had total of 5fts) no matter what we did, no way we win that game IMO.

Jemikz9Clutch
03-05-2012, 07:06 PM

yep. it's obvious being the only big man on our team that can score especially with those wet jumpers.

simsta
03-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks, hopefully it will be you guys we play in the finals. THat would be an epic matchup

Love the confidence but probably should count your chickens just yet....... Or at least knock on wood.