PDA

View Full Version : Phillies tried to reacquire D'arnaud

Big Hurt
03-05-2012, 11:23 AM
http://articles.philly.com/2012-03-04/news/31121731_1_phillies-trades-catcher-travis-d-arnaud-shane-victorino

Interesting, don't think AA is interested in moving him fortunately.

AA09-?
03-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Not happening unless Halladay or Lee are coming the other way.

nstojic
03-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I remember the Sun article it mentions... one small part that cheeses me is when he mentions that he's 'heard' that players miss being with the organization... F U... players want to get to the majors.. that's their #1 priority and if anything, it's probably the specs they sent to Houston :D

Sanyo
03-05-2012, 11:43 AM
The Phils have nothing anyways the Jays would want or don't already have in their system...

AA09-?
03-05-2012, 11:43 AM
The Phils have nothing anyways the Jays would want or don't already have in their system...

Sure they do....just nothing they'd be willing to give up.

Sanyo
03-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Sure they do....just nothing they'd be willing to give up.

Name someone the Jays would want from the Phils farm that is comparable to Travis and they don't already have? And someone the Phils would protect in the farm if they really want Travis? Jays are stacked with pitching. Stacked with big bats in the outfield. I wouldnt trade an infielder for Travis. The Phils have one of the worst farm systems in the Majors -- their top prospect Trevor May wouldn't likely crack the top 5 with the Jays. So yeah they don't have anyone. And the Jays are not going to trade for Lee or Halladay (and likely the Phils wouldnt trade them).

dballss
03-05-2012, 03:10 PM
we'll take cole

masTOR_shake1
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
we'll take cole

for t d'a? i wouldn't.

BlueJayFanDan
03-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Halladay and Lee for d'Arnaud. Deal :). Philly should definitely do it.

AA09-?
03-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Name someone the Jays would want from the Phils farm that is comparable to Travis and they don't already have? And someone the Phils would protect in the farm if they really want Travis? Jays are stacked with pitching. Stacked with big bats in the outfield. I wouldnt trade an infielder for Travis. The Phils have one of the worst farm systems in the Majors -- their top prospect Trevor May wouldn't likely crack the top 5 with the Jays. So yeah they don't have anyone. And the Jays are not going to trade for Lee or Halladay (and likely the Phils wouldnt trade them).

You're completely missing the point. I wouldn't want anyone from their farm. The point is, if they want D'Arnaud back, you respond by saying one of Halladay and Lee have to be coming our way.

Not going to happen.

Sanyo
03-05-2012, 04:42 PM
You're completely missing the point. I wouldn't want anyone from their farm. The point is, if they want D'Arnaud back, you respond by saying one of Halladay and Lee have to be coming our way.

Not going to happen.

That's something AA may have done - but knowing AA he wouldn't want to take on their contracts anyways so I'm sure he just said "thanks but no thanks".

statquo
03-05-2012, 05:13 PM
That's something AA may have done - but knowing AA he wouldn't want to take on their contracts anyways so I'm sure he just said "thanks but no thanks".

I hope thats sarcasm.

nstojic
03-05-2012, 05:38 PM
for t d'a? i wouldn't.

wait, wait, wait... 1-for-1, you wouldn't do hamels for d'arnaud? sell me on your rationale

Krylian
03-05-2012, 05:46 PM
wait, wait, wait... 1-for-1, you wouldn't do hamels for d'arnaud? sell me on your rationale

Cause you may only get him for one year. He's a FA after 2012.

Sure...you could sign him to an extension (if he's interested in playing in Toronto long term)...but as of right now, he's only signed for one more year so you have to give pause and seriously think about that.

nstojic
03-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Cause you may only get him for one year. He's a FA after 2012.

Sure...you could sign him to an extension (if he's interested in playing in Toronto long term)...but as of right now, he's only signed for one more year so you have to give pause and seriously think about that.

geez, specify that.. contracts aside, I take that trade all day! But yes, d'arnaud for one year of hamels is a non-starter

Krylian
03-05-2012, 05:52 PM
geez, specify that.. contracts aside, I take that trade all day! But yes, d'arnaud for one year of hamels is a non-starter

Yes. Talent for talent...it's certainly something I'd do...but the term has to work. Too big of a risk to lose that kind of asset for the way it stands now.

Sanyo
03-05-2012, 07:40 PM
I hope thats sarcasm.

I guess you haven't learned the Jays philosophy this year have you?

wamco
03-05-2012, 09:23 PM
for t d'a? i wouldn't.

if you get cole to an extension, that is a rape.

wamco
03-05-2012, 09:24 PM
go back and get taylor for peanuts and package him with drabek and d' for halladay.

or just trade for dom brown

Farsight
03-05-2012, 11:05 PM
We should counter and offer them Arencibia. See what we can get back from them

mtf
03-05-2012, 11:09 PM
http://articles.philly.com/2012-03-04/news/31121731_1_phillies-trades-catcher-travis-d-arnaud-shane-victorino

Interesting, don't think AA is interested in moving him fortunately.

Pretty sure this story broke back at the winter meetings.

AA09-?
03-06-2012, 11:02 AM
We should counter and offer them Arencibia. See what we can get back from them

I'd definitely pursue this.