PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard To The Warriors "Picking Up Steam"

Monta is beast
03-05-2012, 02:21 AM
A Dwight Howard trade to the Golden State Warriors is picking up steam. The Orlando Magic could trade Howard for Monta Ellis, Klay Thompson and several other players, even if Howard does not commit to staying with the Warriors past this season. It seems like a heavy risk for the front office at Golden State to make, but apparently that risk is worth taking to some of the people in power.

Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com said on Twitter, "Warriors continuing push for Howard deal even without Howard commitment to re-signing. Not backing off from risky move, source says. Andris Biedrins has zero trade value, so GSW offer has to be 3-4 key pieces. Imagine moving Monta Ellis, Klay Thompson, others and Howard walks (at end of season). But Dubs staying in." This follows up other rumors that the Warriors were somehow involved in a deal with Orlando, but previous reports had Brook Lopez heading to Golden State in order to allow Howard to go to the New Jersey Nets.

It really seems like the Warriors are giving up a lot in this trade proposal, simply for the hope that Howard will re-sign with the team for the long-term. Maybe they are going to give him a really good locker or introduce him to some of the really great restaurants in San Francisco, because it certainly looks like a scenario where he could just walk into free agency. If Stephen Curry remains hurt, he won't get court time with Howard, leaving Howard to deal with the likes of Andrew Bynum by himself.

Do you think that the Golden State Warriors would really give up half the team to trade for one season of Dwight Howard? Are these latest Howard rumors a smokescreen for something else coming up?

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981150159

As far as I can tell, not much about the Warriors’ big-picture view has changed in the last few weeks…

Summary: I just don’t see the Warriors happy to work the margins. They want a big kill at the trade deadline, or else they might not do much at all.

-From ownership to Mark Jackson, they still are optimistic about their state of play and believe progress is being made, perhaps not in the record but overall.

So the Warriors are reluctant to move a core piece by the March 15 trade deadline unless it brings them back a young, big star.

-Joe Lacob has basically narrowed that wish list to one big star–Dwight Howard–who may or may not actually be traded by Orlando in this period.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2012/02/28/warriors-what-now-it-all-starts-with-their-swing-for-the-fences-dwight-howard/

Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com reported it on Tuesday, and a source familiar with Golden State’s thinking confirmed it on Wednesday with SI.com: The Warriors, on pace to make the lottery again, are willing to trade for Magic center Dwight Howard without assurances that he would sign an extension or even opt in for just the 2012-13 season, the last year of his contract.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/02/29/dwight-howard-warriors/

In my opinion the trade would probably be Ellis, Udoh, Thompson, & Tyler for Howard or Ellis, Udoh, Thompson, Tyler, Brown for Howard & Turkoglu.

SACNYY
03-05-2012, 02:30 AM
I would love that. Living here in SF, it'd be nice to get the Warriors in the news again. Curry, Lee, and Howard would be nice.

JLynn943
03-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Without a guarantee he'd re-sign, there's no way I'd even think about giving up that much talent.

5ass
03-05-2012, 02:34 AM
In my opinion the trade would probably be Ellis, Udoh, Thompson, & Tyler for Howard or Ellis, Udoh, Thompson, Tyler, Brown for Howard & Turkoglu.

the warriors arent getting dwight without giving up curry.

Greet
03-05-2012, 02:35 AM
Why would the Warriors trade for him in the first place? There's no way he stays with them.

Monta is beast
03-05-2012, 02:36 AM
the warriors arent getting dwight without giving up curry.

That would be better for the Warriors, because Dwight wants to play with Monta.

Monta is beast
03-05-2012, 02:38 AM
Why would the Warriors trade for him in the first place? There's no way he stays with them.

I understand why you would say that, but the Warriors have allot to offer Dwight if you think about it.

1) Silicon Valley marketing
2) Peter Guber (co-owner) is a movie producer
3) New Arena coming soon
4) 30 million more then any other team

Baller1
03-05-2012, 02:43 AM
Dwight on Golden State would be weird. Not even sure why, but it would be.

Lloyd Christmas
03-05-2012, 02:45 AM
It would give me a weird boner is what it would do.

Gritz
03-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Dwight would fit right in with the **** in San Fran

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Basically what I got out of all those articles are...

NOTHING IS IMMINENT. :)

Monta is beast
03-05-2012, 02:50 AM

Well of course nothing is imminent, but I'm a Warriors fan. I have to hold onto any little bit of hope.

JiffyMix88
03-05-2012, 02:51 AM
send his ***** *** to gs with monta and send curry over to orlando

Birdmannn
03-05-2012, 02:52 AM

Lol right on.
What if it does happen will you have to change your name?

sunsfan88
03-05-2012, 02:54 AM
If this happens, I hope the Warriors then trade us Curry plus fillers for Nash since Dwight wants to play with Nash anyway.

Monta is beast
03-05-2012, 02:56 AM
If this happens, I hope the Warriors then trade us Curry plus fillers for Nash since Dwight wants to play with Nash anyway.

:facepalm:

GoatMilk
03-05-2012, 02:57 AM
curry, udoh, thompson and picks
and this is without a guarantee that he'll re-sign

sounds crazy

ESaady
03-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Warriors are desperate to become relevant again. Gotta love them Dubs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Lol right on.
What if it does happen will you have to change your name?

If possible, I would like to change my username to KB-Pau-Drew2012 ;)

Dade County
03-05-2012, 03:03 AM
Hope... The nba sure knows how to sale it.

Fresno
03-05-2012, 03:04 AM
Smart move by Golden State.

Actually this is the work of Jerry West all over it.

They've realized that their core of Curry/Monta/Lee is getting them nowhere, so instead of blowing up their team for young players and tell the fans to be prepared for more losing they're going to give up a lot of talent for a superstar player.

The addition of Dwight Howard makes the Warriors a Playoff team this season and one of the most talked about teams in the league. This increases ticket sales, viewership, merchandise for new Dwight Howard jerseys, and overall fan interest in the team.

PG-Curry
SG-Rush
SF-Wright
PF-Lee
C-Dwight

How far would this lineup go in the Playoffs?

Answer: It doesn't matter. Golden State has made the Playoffs 1 time in the last 17 seasons and doing it again means a hell of a lot more than sitting around waiting to rebuild.

Now this is where Jerry West has his fingerprints on the deal.

A) He knows Dwight wont sign longterm in Oakland and will opt out.
B) He knows that Dwight will lose $30 Million if he doesn't let the Warriors do a Sign & Trade for him
C) He knows how desperate the Brooklyn Nets are for acquiring Dwight Howard.

Through a sign & trade of Dwight Howard, the Warriors will be able to get back a few rebuilding pieces for him such as Brook Lopez and/or their 2012 1st Round Pick.

It works out great on their end.

Lakers + Giants
03-05-2012, 03:05 AM
As long as he doesn't go to Dallas I'm OK with it.

I am Smart
This is so stupid for the Warriors.

Raph12
Dwight wouldn't stay, it would be a waste...

shep33
Golden State would be absolute boneheads if they did this. Unless they somehow work a Dwill for Curry deal in the process.

Why would you throw away Monta, Klay, and probably Udoh for a 6 week rental at Howard? Klay is going to be a very very good player in this league, Udoh is solid, and Monta has value that you can at least trade for.

Problem with Lacob is that he's going all out right now... He doesn't see that the Warriors don't have any draft picks next year, and by trading Ellis you can get young players and picks to start the rebuilding process right now... and it wouldn't even take to long to get the Warriors back on track.

Plus... the terrible move to use your amnesty on Charlie Bell or all the players on that roster should not be overlooked.

Warriors could have no future if they do this deal. Your essentially going to trade away all your trading chips, probably your protected pick this year, and for what? A six week rental.

I'm not even a Warriors fan, but this infuriates me.

GoatMilk
03-05-2012, 03:06 AM

They've realized that their core of Curry/Monta/Lee is getting them nowhere, so instead of blowing up their team for young players and tell the fans to be prepared for more losing they're going to give up a lot of talent for a superstar player.

The addition of Dwight Howard makes the Warriors a Playoff team this season and one of the most talked about teams in the league. This increases ticket sales, viewership, merchandise for new Dwight Howard jerseys, and overall fan interest in the team.

PG-Curry
SG-Rush
SF-Wright
PF-Lee
C-Dwight

Answer: It doesn't matter. Golden State has made the Playoffs 1 time in the last 17 seasons and doing it again means a hell of a lot more than sitting around waiting to rebuild.

B) He knows that Dwight will lose $30 Million if he doesn't let the Warriors do a Sign & Trade for him
C) He knows how desperate both the Brooklyn Nets are for acquiring Dwight Howard.

Through a sign & trade of Dwight Howard, the Warriors will be able to get back a few rebuilding pieces for him such as Brook Lopez and/or their 2012 1st Round Pick.

do you work for the Warriors? :p

good post

VRP723
03-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Why not? GSW is not winning with Curry, Ellis, Lee and the team they have now, might as well give it one shot, then rebuild completely.

asandhu23
03-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Kawakami blog post. Its ********. Kawakami always posts ********

ESaady
03-05-2012, 03:10 AM
do you work for the Warriors? :p

good post

He should be. Damn, that was well thought out haha.

Young and Stupid
03-05-2012, 03:16 AM

PG-Curry
SG-Rush
SF-Wright
PF-Lee
C-Dwight

Couple flaws in the plan: First, Dwight Howard doesn't lose $30 million if he opts to become a free agent; what he really loses is approximately $5 million. Second, even if the preceding weren't true (and Howard did care about collecting that extra year on his contract) a sign-and-trade in the off-season wouldn't fulfill that wish; as he's only able to get the fifth year if he's traded prior to the deadline and chooses to resign with whatever team he's traded to.

I think this plan is genius if they include Monta Ellis and David Lee because it amounts to a glorified salary dump (assuming they don't take back Turkoglu). When (not if) Howard leaves, the Warriors can say to the fans "hey, we tried." The Warriors are not going to improve dramatically with their core as it stands; they need to create cap-space and build around Curry. They can't implant themselves in the NBA's no-man's land (mediocrity). If I were running the Warriors, this is what I would look to do.

By the way: this will never happen.

Dade County
03-05-2012, 03:17 AM

PG-Curry
SG-Rush
SF-Wright
PF-Lee
C-Dwight

What if howard just walks ( and he decides, his shoe contract can take care of the 30mil being lost )? This is a very dangerous game that the warriors are playing.

If they could trade for another star, that is trying to leave his team too, then they can go after Howard, hoping that he and the other star will resign with them.

LA_Raiders
03-05-2012, 03:28 AM
he will not be traded, he doesnt want to sign with anyone but Nets. Lopez for Howard would be a rip off.

Chronz
03-05-2012, 03:45 AM
Interesting takes on this one guys

OaklandsFinest
03-05-2012, 03:51 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7sw9q2q

Aust
03-05-2012, 04:00 AM
I'm sorry to you GS fans, but there is no way he'd stay. It would be another blunder by a terrible FO. This is basically gift wrapping him to the Nets or Dallas.

I'd love to see D12 play and stay with GS though(anything but DAL).

Monta is beast
03-05-2012, 04:01 AM
I'm sorry to you GS fans, but there is no way he'd stay. It would be another blunder by a terrible FO. This is basically gift wrapping him to the Nets or Dallas.

I have trust in Lacob, Guber, and West.

asandhu23
03-05-2012, 04:03 AM

um... we have a new FO?

Aust
03-05-2012, 04:07 AM
When? Last week? Didn't you guys blow your amnesty on some dude making 3m earlier this season?

And you lost out on Jeremy Lin, but I don't really blame you for that one

asandhu23
03-05-2012, 04:13 AM
When? Last week? Didn't you guys blow your amnesty on some dude making 3m earlier this season?

And you lost out on Jeremy Lin, but I don't really blame you for that one

last offseason.

numba1CHANGsta
03-05-2012, 04:15 AM
Yeah okay Orlando trade the best Center in the league for an undersized shooting guard :facepalm:

Monta is beast
03-05-2012, 04:17 AM
Yeah okay Orlando trade the best Center in the league for an undersized shooting guard :facepalm:

Ekpe Udoh
Klay Thompson
Jeremy Tyler

All have serious potential kid.

tredigs
03-05-2012, 04:43 AM
I'm still holding out a pipe dream for Anthony Davis. I'd rather have him going forward than Dwight honestly (no, I'm not saying he'll be better out of the gate). Young Marcus Camby with athleticism and a scorer? Yes please. He gets 15-20lbs of good weight and it's game over.

BULLSFAN0810
03-05-2012, 04:44 AM
if i was GS id do it....

1. you can try to lure him to stay with Mark Jackson a HOFer

2.the lottery looks good wit Howard established

3.Worse cases Howard leaves, you now can start over under the cap i presume.

IMO Ellis is a good player but not really championship calibur as a standalone,and IMO he wont succeed unless he has a strong coach and team,and then IMO that is a strecth since he is a undersized 2 guard.

BASICALLY TRADE HIM,TAKE THIS TIME TO RID YOURSELF OF THIS PLAYER..NOT KEEPING HOWARD LONGTERM IS WORTH DUMPING HIS CONTRACT.

asmarks18
03-05-2012, 04:44 AM
As long as he doesn't go to Dallas I'm OK with it.

:cool:

If he goes to GSW, Williams is a lock for the Mavs. Howard isn't going to Brooklyn without him so it would then be 3 possible destinations. 1. Signs with Dallas (assuming we dump Marion and amnesty Haywood) 2. Re-signs with Warriors. 3. Sign and trade to the Lakers for Bynum and draft picks.

TubbyBucket
03-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Oh, if it happens, GS will be a very fun team to watch.

Monta is beast
03-05-2012, 05:50 AM
What if they trade for Howard, the trade Howard draft day for Bynum & Gasol.

Fresno
03-05-2012, 05:53 AM
What if they trade for Howard, the trade Howard draft day for Bynum & Gasol.

It wouldn't work considering Dwight will opt out this offseason.

Any move would have to be done as a Sign & Trade in July, but of course it all depends on where Dwight wants to play.(Brooklyn, Dallas, or LA)

CityofTreez
03-05-2012, 06:05 AM
I bet Dwight would like Keith Smart, instead of that scrub of a coach like Mark Jackson portrays....

Dude preaches defense, but he is an idiot.

Monta is beast
03-05-2012, 06:07 AM
I bet Dwight would like Keith Smart, instead of that scrub of a coach like Mark Jackson portrays....

Marc Jacksonis the ultimate players coach.

Fresno
03-05-2012, 06:08 AM
Couple flaws in the plan: First, Dwight Howard doesn't lose $30 million if he opts to become a free agent; what he really loses is approximately $5 million. Second, even if the preceding weren't true (and Howard did care about collecting that extra year on his contract) a sign-and-trade in the off-season wouldn't fulfill that wish; as he's only able to get the fifth year if he's traded prior to the deadline and chooses to resign with whatever team he's traded to.

I'm fairly certain that Dwight does care about collecting the extra year on his contract. Would he be willing to move on without it if necessary? Of course. He can make the money back in endorsements in NY.

Golden State, unlike Orlando, has 0 reason to balk on negotiating a Sign & Trade deal for Dwight to leave for Brooklyn and get his extra year. In fact it will benefit them as much as it would Brooklyn. Orlando's in the tough position in that they don't want Dwight to go, but reportedly dont like the idea of taking back Brook Lopez in return. They want Bynum but Dwight reportedly doesn't want to sign longterm in LA which nixes any perspective deal. Golden State would love to get Brook Lopez or the rights to New Jersey's 2012 1st Round Pick in return for Dwight Howard. For a "rebuilding" team, that would definetly be in their favor.

I think this plan is genius if they include Monta Ellis and David Lee because it amounts to a glorified salary dump (assuming they don't take back Turkoglu). When (not if) Howard leaves, the Warriors can say to the fans "hey, we tried." The Warriors are not going to improve dramatically with their core as it stands; they need to create cap-space and build around Curry. They can't implant themselves in the NBA's no-man's land (mediocrity). If I were running the Warriors, this is what I would look to do.

I agree.

The move for Howard symobilizes an attempt to "compete" this season, even if they get a 7th seed and lose in 6 games to the Clippers. Then losing Dwight in the offseason allows them to publicly transition into their rebuilding phase.

Everyone talks of getting "young talent or picks" for Monta or Lee, but honestly if you look around the league there are only a handful of teams who could provide that but there hasn't been any reports of them being interested in making that kind of deal.

CityofTreez
03-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Marc Jacksonis the ultimate players coach.

Yeah, and I'm the epitome of defense, but who the **** cares...

Young and Stupid
03-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm fairly certain that Dwight does care about collecting the extra year on his contract. Would he be willing to move on without it if necessary? Of course. He can make the money back in endorsements in NY.

Golden State, unlike Orlando, has 0 reason to balk on negotiating a Sign & Trade deal for Dwight to leave for Brooklyn and get his extra year. In fact it will benefit them as much as it would Brooklyn. Orlando's in the tough position in that they don't want Dwight to go, but reportedly dont like the idea of taking back Brook Lopez in return. They want Bynum but Dwight reportedly doesn't want to sign longterm in LA which nixes any perspective deal. Golden State would love to get Brook Lopez or the rights to New Jersey's 2012 1st Round Pick in return for Dwight Howard. For a "rebuilding" team, that would definetly be in their favor.

I'll say it again: Dwight Howard only collects the fifth year on his contract if he resigns with the team he's traded to prior to the deadline. That means if he were traded to the Warriors, he couldn't get the fifth year with the Nets (even if they did a sign-and-trade). As a result, it would seem rather pointless for the Nets to do a sign-and-trade when Howard wouldn't be gaining anything in terms of player-salary. In fact, it would behoove Howard to leave via free agency rather than have the Warriors facilitate a sign-and-trade in order for the Nets to retain all of their assets.

ne3xchamps
03-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Here we go again with howard wanting to go ____, or rumors saying he's going ___. This is ridiculous.

Weezy
03-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Wouldn't be a bad move for Magic but a risky move for Warriors... it can either be a gift or a curse for them.

MagicHero3
03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
i dont think any trade with GS is goin down IMO...

we dont have the trade chips to obtain ellis without getting rid of Howard, so its kind of pointless unless we involve other teams

lvlheaded
03-05-2012, 10:56 AM
If anything the Warriors should try and trade Curry and keep Monta, who Dwight has said he wants to play with. Dwight-Lee-Monta could be dangerous and convince him to at least stay an extra year

D12 fan
03-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Maybe the Warriors have a plan to sell to Dwight.They might can trade for Dwill in the offseason,the Nets don't want to lose him for nothing,maybe they can work out a deal using Curry,fillers for Dwill.Then GS could build around D12/Dwill.

BKLYNpigeon
03-05-2012, 11:27 AM
The Warriors dont care if they can keep Howard. they would get money off the books and they could start over again. They are on the worst position in sports, they're a middle of the road team. its better to be really bad or really good of course. The Warriors are a team who dont have much cap space left and a 9-10th place team.

The warriors should just trade for draft picks.

asandhu23
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM

See. We do agree on something. :)

asandhu23
03-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Maybe the Warriors have a plan to sell to Dwight.They might can trade for Dwill in the offseason,the Nets don't want to lose him for nothing,maybe they can work out a deal using Curry,fillers for Dwill.Then GS could build around D12/Dwill.

San Francisco is a very sell-able city. The weather, the fans, pro and college teams in the local area, etc etc.

xXx J0SE 21 xXx
03-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Yea the link says page not found :facepalm:...I dont believe this ONE bit...a GM IMO who trades away their future for a GUARANTEE Rental and no GUARANTEE championship should be fired immediately ..

The goods
03-05-2012, 12:08 PM
if I'm orlando I do it you take half of their squad and their star player for a guy who's just going to leave anyway.
I don't know why golden state does this howard if going to leave he wants to leave orlando for a bigger market getting traded to an even smaller market would piss him off in my opinion then he leave and leaves the warriors with nothin but curry,to me if that happens curry is going to leave pretty soon as well.

asandhu23
03-05-2012, 12:13 PM
if I'm orlando I do it you take half of their squad and their star player for a guy who's just going to leave anyway.
I don't know why golden state does this howard if going to leave he wants to leave orlando for a bigger market getting traded to an even smaller market would piss him off in my opinion then he leave and leaves the warriors with nothin but curry,to me if that happens curry is going to leave pretty soon as well.

um... San Francisco Bay Area is not a small market.

The goods
03-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Howard wants the nets that's where he's going when its all said and done,not the lakers,I hope not the mavs but the nets,they have the big market,the money,the new arena,and nice young players to surround D12 and D.will .

ManningToTyree
03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
GSW do have a lot of young pieces. This rumor actually might carry some weight.

But probably not.

The goods
03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=asandhu23;21207570]um... San Francisco Bay Area is not a small market.[/QU

Even if they aren't small orlando is arguably bigger than golden state and new jersey is much much bigger which is the statement I was making.
Plus all the market aside how are you going to convince dwight to stay with orlando taking half of your team and curry having an injuried season? I mean next year you could say well curry is healthy now and you build around him and dwight but that's not enough to keep him,and isn't worth the risk in the long haul.

The goods
03-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Actually they should wait for next season and trade us gasol for curry and davis lee then they could build around ellis and gasol or even flip gasol to one of the teams that want him but that's just me thinking out loud the whole purpose is making a good long term deal instead of getting a rental player that will most likely leave at the end of the season.

Gritz
03-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Great, my post wasn't deleted. The police must not be out

MagicBucsSox
03-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Ellis curry lee and their 1st rder

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
could be like cp3 deal where he just opts in next year and then becomes a FA in 2013 if the situation there is not good.

airronijordan
03-05-2012, 01:25 PM

There's no way the warriors give up THAT much for a rental

justinnum1
03-05-2012, 01:28 PM
There's no way the warriors give up THAT much for a rental

They wouldnt try to get howard unless they knew howard would opt in for next year. just like how the cp3 deal went down

kenzo400
03-05-2012, 01:30 PM
I would do it if i was the Warriors. Even if Howard walks, so what? It's not like they had a winning team. In the case that happens it makes sense to rebuild. What's the point of having 35 wins every year and never making playoffs. They just get screwed in the draft.

NoahH
03-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Golden State is a big market for D12 i guess, and D12, David Lee and Curry or Ellis is a good team, probably better than what he has in Orlando ATM

Lloyd Christmas
03-05-2012, 01:40 PM
If the Warriors make this deal then Howard guarantees the Jazz Golden State's first rounder which might work out for the Warriors. Then if Howard leaves the Warriors will have one of the worst teams in the NBA and in the Drummond sweepstakes. Whats the downside?

MagicBucsSox
03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
If the Warriors make this deal then Howard guarantees the Jazz Golden State's first rounder which might work out for the Warriors. Then if Howard leaves the Warriors will have one of the worst teams in the NBA and in the Drummond sweepstakes. Whats the downside?

Downside is Drummond is trash

goldenstater
03-05-2012, 02:04 PM

you do Realize the Bay Area is A LOT Bigger than Orlando right? like a solid 5 times bigger. its the 5-6 largest market in the country( you just wouldnt know that the way the Warriors have been playing the last 16 years). but your right he more than likely would leave unless the he feels the W's are committed to winning and they could offer him way more than anyone else.

goldenstater
03-05-2012, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=asandhu23;21207570]um... San Francisco Bay Area is not a small market.[/QU

Even if they aren't small orlando is arguably bigger than golden state and new jersey is much much bigger which is the statement I was making.
Plus all the market aside how are you going to convince dwight to stay with orlando taking half of your team and curry having an injuried season? I mean next year you could say well curry is healthy now and you build around him and dwight but that's not enough to keep him,and isn't worth the risk in the long haul.

dude its not even close. the media market in the Bay is way bigger, the Population is way bigger, the Economic influence is way bigger( silicon valley, ever heard of it?). i think you need to do a little research.

goldenstater
03-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I would do it if i was the Warriors. Even if Howard walks, so what? It's not like they had a winning team. In the case that happens it makes sense to rebuild. What's the point of having 35 wins every year and never making playoffs. They just get screwed in the draft.

you see as a warriors fan this actually make sense to me. it forces the issue imo either way. if he walks then we start fresh anyways cause this team is decent but what the point of eventually getting the 8th seed and being a sacrificial lamb to the Thunder or someone else the next few years? if he stays than you can build around him and probably pull a sign and trade For Dwill and do in teh Bay what NJ and Dallas wanted to do( im know that is a slim chance). i actually agree with you even though most W's fans won. im ok with being bad again for a few more years if it means were building the right way. either get better or get Worse imo but dont stay the same.

Monta is beast
03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I never thought about Drummond. If Howard does leave, we have a ton of cap space (McGee or Hibbert), then we could presumably draft Drummond to play Power Forward.

Curry
Drummond
McGee

That's not a terrible team to build around.

jmoney85
03-05-2012, 02:28 PM
drummond will be a top 5 pick...you guys wont be in the top5

goldenstater
03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
ya i think he will be the # 2 player taken. in this draft he might be the Darko Milicic of the draft.

JordansBulls
03-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Warriors recently have been willing to trade for any star player even if they won't sign an extension.

mp3
03-05-2012, 03:01 PM
The Warriors should trade for Howard 110%. If the Warriors don't try and make this trade, there's a very good chance this team stays irrelevant for 20 more years. There's a small chance Howard stays with the Warriors but its more of a chance than not trading for him. If you give up a lot and Howard leaves, then the Warriors will be in a state where they are building from the very bottom. You can't keep trying to build a team from the middle of the process like they have been trying for years. If Howard leaves, they will also have a ton of cap space and I'm guessing they get compensated for loosing Howard. Move you San Fran and attract free agents that way. People really need to look at the bigger picture.

THE MTL
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Doesnt Dwight want to play WITH Monta Ellis?

BKLYNpigeon
03-05-2012, 03:06 PM
lets get it straight, The Warriors are not going to get Dwight Howard. Dwight Howard will not resign with the Warriors and the Front Office is not that stupid to risk assets for a rental, no matter what they say.

If the Warriors want salary cap relief, this is not the way to do it. They might as well trade for draft picks and rebuild that way.

The Warriors will always be in trade talks with superstars, the owner Lacob likes to stick his chest out. its all talk.

jscotty8
03-05-2012, 03:10 PM

This is just plan bad knowledge.

mgsports
03-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Hickson/Evans/Salmons Magic +3wins
Redick/Orton/Clark Warriors -4wins
Ellis/Wright/Udoh Kings +3wins

Blake/Ebanks/McRoberts/Murphy Warriors
Mayo/Robinson/Biedrins Lakers
Walton Grizzles

KingsPhillies
03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Anyone who thinks the Orlando market is bigger than that of the San Francisco Bay Area is just plain ignorant. The SF Bay Area has a population of over 7 million. The greater Orlando area has less than 3 million. Even if you extend that area out to include areas like Palm Coast and Titusville, you're still nowhere close to the population of the Bay Area. The Bay Area has the 6th largest media market, while Orlando has the 19th largest. To put that in perspective, Sacramento, who a lot of people point out as the quintessential "small market" is ranked 20th, right behind Orlando.

So not only is SF a much larger market than Orlando, they have a market right next door of comparable size. Not that it matters at all. At the end of the day, trade or no trade, D12 will end up signing with whichever team he wants. Bickering over market sizes is an exercise in futility...especially when there are facts readily available to end such an argument.

Lloyd Christmas
03-05-2012, 04:12 PM
drummond will be a top 5 pick...you guys wont be in the top5

If we trade away half our roster for Dwight and he leaves after this year the Warriors wont have a top 5 pick the next year?

Lloyd Christmas
03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Downside is Drummond is trash

Really?

lvlheaded
03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
The interesting angle here is for Orlando. If they can trade Howard for Ellis and find a way to clear the cap, maybe they can lure him back to Orlando with a new running mate in Ellis. Obviously it would be a long shot but you never know

LakersA's49ers
03-05-2012, 04:42 PM
warriors have to make this trade. the current roster wont do **** in the playoffs. howard wright curry lee robinson would do damage. especially with all that cap space. warriors need to risk it

Rockice_8
03-05-2012, 05:19 PM
The interesting angle here is for Orlando. If they can trade Howard for Ellis and find a way to clear the cap, maybe they can lure him back to Orlando with a new running mate in Ellis. Obviously it would be a long shot but you never know

I don't understand how that is even possible. They are just way to far over the cap to even get close to pulling that off. Be one hell of a move if they did though. Who would of though Otis Smith could go from fired to exec of the year if he pulled this off

king2218
03-05-2012, 06:22 PM
If GS can some how get Beasley in a trade then I wouldn't mind if ORL made a trade with that team:

ORL gets Beasley, Curry, Udoh, Clay, Kwame Brown (Expiring contract).

GS gets Duhon, Turk, J-Rich, Howard.

ORL Lineup:

Curry/Nelson
Clay/Reddick
Beasley/Q-Rich
Anderson/Udoh
Baby Davis/Kwame

asandhu23
03-05-2012, 06:23 PM
warriors have to make this trade. the current roster wont do **** in the playoffs. howard wright curry lee robinson would do damage. especially with all that cap space. warriors need to risk it

Of course we won't. We aren't going to make it.

asandhu23
03-05-2012, 06:26 PM

Yeah, why don't we just hand you the team?

KingPosey
03-05-2012, 06:41 PM
This would be dumb for Golden state because Dwight is not going to sign there, at all.

KJ21.the.truth
03-05-2012, 06:42 PM

It'd only b fair...were handing u ours... Lol

ManRam
03-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I think it's dumb for both. What does Golden State gain? Their second playoff birth in like a decade? Is that worth it...hell, who's to say they could even make up that 5 game deficit they're already in ? He's not gonna re-up there...

I don't want Ellis honestly. I wish they had two big expirings, but they really only have Brown's big contract. If we acquire Lee or Biedrins too, we're idiots.

I would cry if we trade him for a package focusing around Monta. Seriously, I would cry.

I wouldn't kill myself if we did this...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73ncvyl

That's really close to me being really angry, but whatever. I guess it's better than just letting him walk. We'd have to get rid of Hedo, and can't take back either of those awful contracts.

sf-fanatic
03-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I think it's dumb for both. What does Golden State gain? Their second playoff birth in like a decade? Is that worth it...hell, who's to say they could even make up that 5 game deficit they're already in ? He's not gonna re-up there...

I don't want Ellis honestly. I wish they had two big expirings, but they really only have Brown's big contract. If we acquire Lee or Biedrins too, we're idiots.

I would cry if we trade him for a package focusing around Monta. Seriously, I would cry.

I wouldn't kill myself if we did this...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73ncvyl

That's really close to me being really angry, but whatever. I guess it's better than just letting him walk. We'd have to get rid of Hedo, and can't take back either of those awful contracts.

Lol thats a whole lineup being traded.

Cano-Montero...
03-05-2012, 07:17 PM
STupid trade I guess... with gutting the roster... No way Dwight stays after the season..

ManRam
03-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Lol thats a whole lineup being traded.

Well, I can imagine we'd be willing to take back Lee or Biedrins...so I added Kwame and Wright just to even up salaries. I doubt you'd want Hedo to. I just posted the trade I'd least be mad at. I don't think it's realistic, and didn't say it was.

Monta isn't a guy you trade for and rebuild around. I'd honestly rather trade Dwight and Hedo for expirings and two young guys like Udoh and Thompson than actually get Monta back :shrug: But you only have one big expiring, so that's not possible.

Also,

Brian Schmitz ‏ @MagicInsider
Orlando Sentinel: Magic GM Otis Smith says "six to eight" teams are still calling him to try to acquire or "rent" Dwight Howard.

xbrackattackx
03-05-2012, 07:19 PM
If I was GS I do it you either get Dwight or you trade Dwight and you get Brook Lopez,Brooks and some picks for Dwight. no way Dwight doesn't S and T if the warriors gave that much for him. Brooks can replace Ellis as the Sg and Lopez is a legit center which is what they want plus 2 first rounders in this draft coming up thats worth Ellis,Udoh,Klay and Whoever. The warriors win either way either with dwight, or capspace,young talent and a Starting Center.

mavwar53
03-05-2012, 07:38 PM
The warriors have to make this trade, if he leaves or not is irrelevant, this team does not have enough talent to make the playoffs and it never will, they are in the worst spot a team could possibly be, too good to be a top 5 pick team and too bad to make the playoffs. The team will change drastically if he stays, or if he leaves, and who is saying the warriors ownership can't get him to stay, yes it isn't likely but it is possible, the owners have a lot of connections, they are in a huge untapped market and they plan on moving to SF hopefully by 2016 but I think it will be 2017 or 2018. And lastly, David Lee and Stephen Curry are better than any player on the Magic roster right now so if he could possibly stay in Orlando and play with those scrubs then I don't see why he wouldn't like the warriors roster more.

Again they need this trade either way, go big or blow it up.

MagicBucsSox
03-05-2012, 07:40 PM

And it's still unfair for us., it's nothing on your roster worth Dwight ,no offense. Like u guys can't win in gS, new uniforms and gonna change that

naps
03-05-2012, 07:43 PM
this howard situation is getting out of hand...