PDA

View Full Version : how do you see the outfield in 2-3 years?

masTOR_shake1
03-04-2012, 08:54 PM
I know it's tough to forecast the complection of the outfield, but what do you guys think it will look like (or if you are going to be difficult, how do you WANT it to look) a little down the road? there are so many variables; colby vs gose in centre, possibly having colby or snider or thames in left, perhaps marsenik plays right and joey bats dh's into his mid 30's?

my preference would be rasmus in left, gose in center and joey bats in right with snider dh-ing (even though he has great defense I think rasmus' is better). and possibly a marsenik and thames trade. How about you? :eyebrow:

Sanyo
03-04-2012, 09:33 PM
If everyone reaches their ceiling in 2015:

RF: Jacob Anderson
CF: Anthony Gose
LF: Jake Marisnick

wamco
03-04-2012, 10:08 PM
rasmus-gose-maris in of
snider at dh
bauts at 1b

EE and Lind will be gone soon enough

es0terik
03-04-2012, 11:59 PM
If everyone reaches their ceiling in 2015:

RF: Jacob Anderson
CF: Anthony Gose
LF: Jake Marisnick

No idea why you mention a 'if everyone reaches their ceiling' scenario and then have Anderson and Gose in there over Rasmus and even Snider. 'Everyone reaching their ceiling' gives me an outfield of Rasmus, Snider and Marisnick with us selling high on Thames, Gose, Anderson, Crouse, Knecht, etc.

Krylian
03-05-2012, 12:03 AM
rasmus-gose-maris in of
snider at dh
bauts at 1b

This.

masTOR_shake1
03-05-2012, 12:55 AM
No idea why you mention a 'if everyone reaches their ceiling' scenario and then have Anderson and Gose in there over Rasmus and even Snider. 'Everyone reaching their ceiling' gives me an outfield of Rasmus, Snider and Marisnick with us selling high on Thames, Gose, Anderson, Crouse, Knecht, etc.

interesting, interesting. i agree for the most part but, in spite of the fact that marisnick might be a beast, gose give us an all star potential, prototypical leadoff guy, which imo are more valuable (especially on our projectable power-heavy team) than 25 hr corner outfield guys. i'd sell high on jake m. colby,snider, lind, e.e, and j.p.a all figure to be jake-m type players in my mind.

ILDD
03-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Rasmus-Gose-Marisnick
Votto at 1B
Bautista at DH

OK, back in the real world - Bautista at 1B, somebody like Victor Martinez at DH

Mitchell133
03-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Depends on who busts between Gose and Marisnick.

Canadian hemi
03-05-2012, 09:27 AM
I want grass in the outfield!!!

Rogi10
03-05-2012, 10:14 AM

Gose at his ceiling is an elite defensive CF with speed, and power. I'd take that over Rasmus in CF.

I'm hoping everyting goes right for him, he has fantatic tools.

To the OP.

Snider/Colby in left Gose in center, and Marsinick in right. That not only gives an outstanding offensive outfield, but probably one of the best defensive outfields in the game.

nstojic
03-05-2012, 10:51 AM

so far, the best option anyone has proposed

AA09-?
03-05-2012, 10:52 AM
RF Marisnick
CF Gose
LF ???

AA09-?
03-05-2012, 10:52 AM
i want grass in the outfield!!!

+1

bartron_44
03-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Crouse/Gose/Marisnick

:)

Rasmus and snider are good, but all 3 of those guys could be 5 tool players. rasmus has decent speed, but isn't much of a threat on the basepaths. Snider showed the ability to steal a few bases, but how long will that speed last when you are built like a linebacker....

Crouse,Gose and Marisnick could steal 120+ bases and hit 60+ Hr's while being one of the best defensive OF's...... EVER!

LechWalesa
03-05-2012, 04:19 PM
LF: Rasmus, CF: Gose, RF Snider

I think a lot of people are over-hyping our prospects.

DeRozan10
03-05-2012, 04:34 PM
It is literally impossible to guess this

dtmagnet
03-05-2012, 05:22 PM
rasmus-gose-maris in of
snider at dh
bauts at 1b

Exactly right.

wamco
03-05-2012, 09:20 PM

a grass outfield with a turf infield? now that would be something.

wowzman
03-05-2012, 11:12 PM
a grass outfield with a turf infield? now that would be something.

It's real

http://www.northamericanleague.com/view/northamericanleague/league/north-american-league-stadiums

Edmonton Capitals Telus Field
Opened: 1995

Surface: FieldTurf Infield, Grass Outfield

Capacity: 10,000

Field Dimensions: Left - 340' Center - 420' Right - 320'

scottythegreat1
03-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Jose Bautista in RF
Anthony Gose in CF
Colby Rasmus in LF

Eric Thames becomes our DH and Snider is playing LF for Oakland

Krylian
03-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Jose Bautista in RF
Anthony Gose in CF
Colby Rasmus in LF

Eric Thames becomes our DH and Snider is playing LF for Oakland

Who did we get from Oakland?

es0terik
03-06-2012, 12:58 AM
RF Marisnick
CF Gose
LF ???

I'd rather have Marisnick in CF and Gose in RF. Marisnick and Gose are both great defensive center fielders, but Gose has a cannon for an arm and it would fit in perfectly in RF once Bautista move's out. Realistically, it'll probably come down to the better player between Rasmus and Snider, the better player between Gose and Marisnick and they'll probably let Bautista stay in RF until he's too old to walk just to please their face of the franchise.

es0terik
03-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Who did we get from Oakland?

Jarrod Parker :pray:

JermanJaysFan
03-06-2012, 01:56 AM
I'd rather have Marisnick in CF and Gose in RF. Marisnick and Gose are both great defensive center fielders, but Gose has a cannon for an arm and it would fit in perfectly in RF once Bautista move's out. Realistically, it'll probably come down to the better player between Rasmus and Snider, the better player between Gose and Marisnick and they'll probably let Bautista stay in RF until he's too old to walk just to please their face of the franchise.
I've seen scouting reports that say Marisnick will probably end up as a RF when all is said and done. I think Gose is too much of an elite defender to shift out of CF. His cannon plays very well there, too.

Krylian
03-06-2012, 09:05 AM
I've seen scouting reports that say Marisnick will probably end up as a RF when all is said and done. I think Gose is too much of an elite defender to shift out of CF. His cannon plays very well there, too.

Agreed. You have to keep Gose's great range in CF.

TRIUMPHATOR
03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
LF: Rasmus, CF: Gose, RF Snider

I think a lot of people are over-hyping our prospects.

You mean a lot as in just about everyone who knows anything about baseball including the baseball america rankings?

Farsight
03-06-2012, 10:46 AM
I'd rather have Marisnick in CF and Gose in RF. Marisnick and Gose are both great defensive center fielders, but Gose has a cannon for an arm and it would fit in perfectly in RF once Bautista move's out. Realistically, it'll probably come down to the better player between Rasmus and Snider, the better player between Gose and Marisnick and they'll probably let Bautista stay in RF until he's too old to walk just to please their face of the franchise. Marisncik has a good arm as well (albeit not better than Gose). But if Gose is a better defender, he should play Centrefield as he would cover the most ground regardless of the stadium

AA09-?
03-06-2012, 11:05 AM

This.

es0terik
03-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Well I was under the impression that Marisnick was a better defender than Gose? I don't know where I've read that but as I only know what I heard on both of them, I was going by that. My mistake in that case, whoever has the better range should be in CF. If it came down to them having similar defensive ceilings, I'd have put Gose in RF because of the better arm, but if he's got significantly better defensive tools, he makes the more fitting CF.

LechWalesa
03-06-2012, 12:12 PM
You mean a lot as in just about everyone who knows anything about baseball including the baseball america rankings?

My point being that not every OF prospect we have is going to graduate to be a major league contributor.

JermanJaysFan
03-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Well I was under the impression that Marisnick was a better defender than Gose? I don't know where I've read that but as I only know what I heard on both of them, I was going by that. My mistake in that case, whoever has the better range should be in CF. If it came down to them having similar defensive ceilings, I'd have put Gose in RF because of the better arm, but if he's got significantly better defensive tools, he makes the more fitting CF.
Yeah, I can understand your rationale if you were operating under that impression.

Gose's range and arm tools are certainly better that Marisnick. I haven't watched either of them play, so it's hard to say who has the upper hand in terms of instincts/routes etc., but regardless, I think it is pretty unanimous that if there is a future gold glove or ten between these two guys, most of them will belong to Gose.

JermanJaysFan
03-06-2012, 01:47 PM
No matter how good the Jays' system is, that doesn't make their kids immune to busting.

Krylian
03-06-2012, 03:05 PM
No matter how good the Jays' system is, that doesn't make their kids immune to busting.

It doesn't make anyone's system immune to busting. All you can do is add the most talented guys you can find to it, and hope that your scouting and developmental system has successfully selected the right players and done a good job of coaching them.

That's what the rankings are based on....how talented are these guys and do they think their talent will translate well to high level baseball. Based on those criteria, scouts, and gurus like what the Jays have.

mtf
03-06-2012, 04:23 PM
It is literally impossible to guess this

No it isn't. It may be difficult to accurately predict, but not impossible. Discussion forums such as this are meant to share idea's, predictions, and feedback. It isn't unreasonable to have this discussion.

town123
03-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Depends on who busts between Gose and Marisnick.

^^ this. And whoever put Crouse in the mix.... yikes, the kid looks like an athlete but doesn't have much of an eye at the dish. You never know though.

wagnall
03-06-2012, 09:09 PM
I have a hard time trying to figure who's gonna play this year. But if I was to GUESS!

in 2 years 2014.........Thames LF, Gose CF, Snider RF

Bautista playing 1st.

2009mvp
03-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Snider/Rasmus/Marisnick. 2-3 years puts Snider and Rasmus right smack in the prime of their careers, I'd certainly like to hope they're both part of a perennial contending Blue Jay team by then.

wamco
03-06-2012, 10:36 PM
i think it makes sense to move joey to 1st when lind is gone. Saves tons of money in finding a stud 1bman via trade or FA market. I forget the contract, it is after this year or next. Assuming Lind still sucks that is. To justify his salary at his position, you gotta hope for 850 ops or so, otherwise it is just another overbay situation. Dammit I miss Carlos.

wagnall
03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
i think it makes sense to move joey to 1st when lind is gone. Saves tons of money in finding a stud 1bman via trade or FA market. I forget the contract, it is after this year or next. Assuming Lind still sucks that is. To justify his salary at his position, you gotta hope for 850 ops or so, otherwise it is just another overbay situation. Dammit I miss Carlos.

Hell, if Lind stinks it up this year and Gose is ready for 2013, I'd have our 4 OF'ers, Rasmus, Gose, Snider,and Thames and move Bauts to 1st next year. If we can cover the outfield, moving Bauts to 1st probably easier on the body and we have a big bomber at 1st for the next 4 or 5 years. No need to go out and pay huge money for a 1st baseman, spend it elsewhere. :cool:

masTOR_shake1
03-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Snider/Rasmus/Marisnick. 2-3 years puts Snider and Rasmus right smack in the prime of their careers, I'd certainly like to hope they're both part of a perennial contending Blue Jay team by then.

:clap: