PDA

View Full Version : Joel Anthony

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:09 PM
After watching few miami games, I must say that this dude SUCKS at O.

I know some ppl don't play O but Joel, even if he is under the basket he can't dunk, shoot it , lay it in while he's 2 feet from basket.

And this year he sucks at D as well.

Useless player imo!

They should use more Pitman or Curry.

DAMN he sucks sooo much.

Get his *** out.

cubbiefan_est88
03-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Agreed lol

HouRealCoach
03-04-2012, 07:17 PM
He can swat shots, rebound, and hustles fot the ball also

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:17 PM
He can swat shots, rebound, and hustles fot the ball also

Pittman can do that as well. I bet he wants to prove himself so he would be doing all that too.

Khri
03-04-2012, 07:18 PM
I hate Joel Anthony so much, everything I see him on the court I want to punch him.

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I hate Joel Anthony so much, everything I see him on the court I want to punch him.

I would join you in a second :)

Dade County
03-04-2012, 07:21 PM
OP ... I didn't read all of your comments about Joel but I agree with you 100%

He should go kill himself...... no hands

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:23 PM
OP ... I didn't read all of your comments about Joel but I agree with you 100%

He should go kill himself...... no hands

Pittman should get his minutes!

smith&wesson
03-04-2012, 07:26 PM
He is a big body to put on guys like howard, perkins, bynum in the playoffs. you need that in this league. you rather have maglore back ? lol

ManRam
03-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Definitely the easiest way to improve this team going forward. I think they're fine with Chalmers at the point (obviously they CAN upgrade but I don't think the NEED to). But Joel is definitely a hindrance out there. He is solid defensively, and he can fill his role pretty well...but most of the time he's just a liability.

He does have value though because of his defense. You can't have amazing offensive players at every position all the time.

naps
03-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Worst offensive in the history of pro-basketball hands down. He will be in street dress in at least 25 other teams. I can't believe he's in NBA. He's god awful and a severe pain the eyes. It's an insult to the game of basketball to pass a ball to him.

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
He is a big body to put on guys like howard, perkins, bynum in the playoffs. you need that in this league. you rather have maglore back ? lol

Pittman has big body.

dhopisthename
03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
anthony needs to be replaced, but pittman and curry are not the solutions to fix it.

kjoke
03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
I may be on the other side here in saying that I like Joel and what he brings. Great offense and defense between him and Bosh. He was mismatched playing against 2 7 footers with bosh out. He is a good defender and cleans up others mistakes

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Definitely the easiest way to improve this team going forward. I think they're fine with Chalmers at the point (obviously they CAN upgrade but I don't think the NEED to). But Joel is definitely a hindrance out there. He is solid defensively, and he can fill his role pretty well...but most of the time he's just a liability.

He does have value though because of his defense. You can't have amazing offensive players at every position all the time.

Like I mentioned in topic...while he's 2 feet from basket, he can't convert...

Damn I could score and im 6'1 under that basket...:S

Such a waist of life on court.

And Chalmers has been good, he's a solid player.

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:30 PM
anthony needs to be replaced, but pittman and curry are not the solutions to fix it.

They are clearly better then Joel.

And I believe Pittman can be good if they actually gave him time to develop.

kjoke
03-04-2012, 07:31 PM
But for the record the Heat are actively seeking out a center

dhopisthename
03-04-2012, 07:32 PM
They are clearly better then Joel.

And I believe Pittman can be good if they actually gave him time to develop.

in the games I have watched they aren't even close to being better then joel

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I may be on the other side here in saying that I like Joel and what he brings. Great offense and defense between him and Bosh. He was mismatched playing against 2 7 footers with bosh out. He is a good defender and cleans up others mistakes

This maybe won't be fair comparison but still...

Ben Wallace, great D, sucks at O...but when you gave a dude the ball like 2 feet from basket...he dunked it...he didn't lose it...And that is all Joel has to do.

Joel isn't great at D, he is average at most, has his flashes here and there.

Damn today, he had fisher on him and his team mates didn't pass him the ball cuz they knew fisher would murder him below.

When this happens with your C...you should fire his ***.

ManRam
Like I mentioned in topic...while he's 2 feet from basket, he can't convert...

Damn I could score and im 6'1 under that basket...:S

Such a waist of life on court.

And Chalmers has been good, he's a solid player.

I didn't say he was any good offensively, I'm just saying he has a role on the team, and he can do it well more often than not.

This is a top 3 scoring offense, even with him starting. They need him in there for his defense...they can afford to have one position on the court where they don't get any production out of.

Chicago had that last year at the 2. LA has had it for years at the 1. Boston has had it forever at the 5. OKC has it offensive liabilities at both the 4 and 5. Etc.

You don't need scorers at every single position, especially not when you have 3 elite scorers. He rebounds, plays hard and defends. He's a big body too.

It's the easiest position for them to upgrade, as I said...but I think we're exaggerating how much of a liability he is. He is horrendous offensively, but he's not crippling the Heat because of it.

KG21
But for the record the Heat are actively seeking out a center

Good, but they should give Pittman a chance.

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:35 PM
in the games I have watched they aren't even close to being better then joel

Maybe that is cuz Joel has exp...

I mean, give pittman some time and he will overcome Joel 10x

Khri
03-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Seriously, if this guy can play in the NBA, everybody can, he should be selling shoes on calle 8.

kjoke
03-04-2012, 07:36 PM

Ben Wallace, great D, sucks at O...but when you gave a dude the ball like 2 feet from basket...he dunked it...he didn't lose it...And that is all Joel has to do.

Damn today, he had fisher on him and his team mates didn't pass him the ball cuz they knew fisher would murder him below.

The thing is, there a lot of centers out there that dont feel the heat needs. The whole mentality is that you have an extremely mobile athletic team top to bottom so that rotations are crisp and mistakes can be bandaged. Getting a guy who has some scoring would help but it would also not be the greatest fit. We need an athletic big man.

God with the young ben wallace was here....

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:38 PM
I didn't say he was any good offensively, I'm just saying he has a role on the team, and he can do it well more often than not.

This is a top 3 scoring offense, even with him starting. They need him in there for his defense...they can afford to have one position on the court where they don't get any production out of.

Chicago had that last year at the 2. LA has had it for years at the 1. Boston has had it forever at the 5. OKC has it offensive liabilities at both the 4 and 5. Etc.

You don't need scorers at every single position, especially not when you have 3 elite scorers. He rebounds, plays hard and defends. He's a big body too.

It's the easiest position for them to upgrade, as I said...but I think we're exaggerating how much of a liability he is. He is horrendous offensively, but he's not crippling the Heat because of it.

He is crippling them. Few times when Joel was on a floor, player that was guarding him didn't even pay attention to Joel, knowing he can't even score under the rim even if he was alone there. So that makes it 4 players vs 5.
And if opposing center can help to prevent guys like Bron and Wade from getting to the paint...that MAKES A GAME A LOT DIFFERENT!

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Seriously, if this guy can play in the NBA, everybody can, he should be selling shoes on calle 8.

I agree.
I don't mind him as a person, but I look at him as a player.

But he should choose another profession.

dhopisthename
03-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Maybe that is cuz Joel has exp...

I mean, give pittman some time and he will overcome Joel 10x

maybe, but tbh I doubt it. pittman still needs to lose a ton of weight

justinnum1
03-04-2012, 07:40 PM
worst starting center easily

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:41 PM
The thing is, there a lot of centers out there that dont feel the heat needs. The whole mentality is that you have an extremely mobile athletic team top to bottom so that rotations are crisp and mistakes can be bandaged. Getting a guy who has some scoring would help but it would also not be the greatest fit. We need an athletic big man.

God with the young ben wallace was here....

Imagine young Wallace in heat now...DAMN!

They just need a center who is average under the rim and who can catch the ball and dunk it.

YungDaSensai
"Stone Hands" Anthony sucks, he's better suited to be an energy guy off the bench. Like i said before, if i'm Curry and Pittman i'm ashamed that he's starting over me.

KG21
maybe, but tbh I doubt it. pittman still needs to lose a ton of weight

He proved that he can.

Damn coaches that can't give a guy some time to develop.

justinnum1
03-04-2012, 07:42 PM

no, they didnt pass him the ball becuase he cant catch it and if he somehow does catch it he cant shoot for ****. But hey, he did fine last season in the playoffs agasint the celtics and bulls and was our mvp in that philly series.

Im sure he gives philly and NY fans nightmares. the warden :laugh2:

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:43 PM
"Stone Hands" Anthony sucks, he's better suited to be an energy guy off the bench. Like i said before, if i'm Curry and Pittman i'm ashamed that he's starting over me.

It just isn't fair.

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
no, they didnt pass him the ball becuase he cant catch it and if he somehow does catch it he cant shoot for ****. But hey, he did fine last season in the playoffs agasint the celtics and bulls and was our mvp in that philly series.

Im sure he gives philly and NY fans nightmares. the warden :laugh2:

He sucks.
Now he was sucky last year as well, still had same problems...

Liability.

gotoHcarolina52
03-04-2012, 07:48 PM
After watching few miami games, I must say that this dude SUCKS at O.

I know some ppl don't play O but Joel, even if he is under the basket he can't dunk, shoot it , lay it in while he's 2 feet from basket.

And this year he sucks at D as well.

Useless player imo!

They should use more Pitman or Curry.

DAMN he sucks sooo much.

Get his *** out.

You're late to the party. But welcome nonetheless!

madvillian9
03-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Boozer's D=Anthony's O

justinnum1
03-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Boozer's D=Anthony's O

no, i think boozers d is far worse than anthony's O which is about as bad as it gets.

KG21
You're late to the party. But welcome nonetheless!

:)

YungDaSensai
Yea i believe so, it has to be favoritism or something man. Why is he starting against a team with two 7 footers?

KG21
no, i think boozers d is far worse than anthony's O which is about as bad as it gets.

Agreed

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Yea i believe so, it has to be favoritism or something man. Why is he starting against a team with two 7 footers?

Are you being sarcastic?

Rndy
03-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Miami doesn't really need him to score. He does what Miami needs to to do. Pryzbilla would have been a huge addition though. Thank god he didn't go to Miami.

KG21
03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Miami doesn't really need him to score. He does what Miami needs to to do. Pryzbilla would have been a huge addition though. Thank god he didn't go to Miami.

They do...on O they play 4 vs 5 that makes big difference.

beasted86
03-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Joel Anthony is easily.... by a large margin... the best natural Center on the Miami Heat.

Pittman and Curry suck so badly it isn't even funny. There should be threads about them, not Anthony.

YungDaSensai
03-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

No serious question?

YoungOne
03-04-2012, 07:59 PM
even JO would make the heat much better inside

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Joel Anthony is easily.... by a large margin... the best natural Center on the Miami Heat.

Pittman and Curry suck so badly it isn't even funny. There should be threads about them, not Anthony.

Now you are wrong there...Joel has more xp and that is his only advantage.

SmartestGuyHere
Derek Fisher is worse /thread

YungDaSensai

I agree with you on that, but playing against the Lakers with Bynum and Gasol out there your not starting Pittman or Curry?

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:01 PM
No serious question?

Ok.

They don't have anyone left...they played Pittman few mins and that was it :S

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Derek Fisher is worse /thread

DFish is better under the rim then Joel.

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:02 PM
even JO would make the heat much better inside

JO would be like if Jordan came to play for Miami over Joel.

justinnum1
when he plays next to a top3 PF he doesnt looks so bad

Teeboy1487
Joel Anthony is one of those glue guys you would like to have but he is very limited offensively. Defensively, he is pretty good but undersize. If effort was a talent, he would be one of the best players in the league. He takes no plays off and he hustles every second of the game. He's a decent asset for the Heat imo.

Rndy
03-04-2012, 08:03 PM
They do...on O they play 4 vs 5 that makes big difference.

I didn't realize Heat were the only team in basketball that didn't have 5 scoring starters.

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:04 PM
when he plays next to a top3 PF he doesnt looks so bad

Even then he does. xD

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Joel Anthony is one of those glue guys you would like to have but he is very limited offensively. Defensively, he is pretty good but undersize. If effort was a talent, he would be one of the best players in the league. He takes no plays off and he hustles every second of the game. He's a decent asset for the Heat imo.

They have haslem for that.

YungDaSensai
03-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Ok.

They don't have anyone left...they played Pittman few mins and that was it :S
Lol hell yea, hell Coach Spoelstra put Howard in before he put Curry in.... I was like damn its that tough out here. Another undersized player with two 7 footers on the court. I don't understand that is Curry that bad? is he in the dog house? I need to know these things, i haven't been able to watch basketball; let alone my team.

KG21
i didn't realize heat were the only team in basketball that didn't have 5 scoring starters.

:d

dee279
Yea he could at least be taller but he's an undersized, horrible hand eye coordinated, horrible offensive Center with zero to negative basketball IQ on the offensive side of the ball. He does give effort though.

Rndy
03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Yea he could at least be taller but he's an undersized, horrible hand eye coordinated, horrible offensive Center with zero to negative basketball IQ on the offensive side of the ball. He does give effort though.

So other then that he's really good though?

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Lol hell yea, hell Coach Spoelstra put Howard in before he put Curry in.... I was like damn its that tough out here. Another undersized player with two 7 footers on the court. I don't understand that is Curry that bad? is he in the dog house? I need to know these things, i haven't been able to watch basketball; let alone my team.

I dunno m8

YungDaSensai
03-04-2012, 08:08 PM
"Stone Hands" Anthony is weak on O man, it clearly was 3 secs when Mike Brown got that tech. Wade doesn't pass him the ball at all, Lebron is about the only dude on the team that passes Anthony the ball.

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:11 PM
"Stone Hands" Anthony is weak on O man, it clearly was 3 secs when Mike Brown got that tech. Wade doesn't pass him the ball at all, Lebron is about the only dude on the team that passes Anthony the ball.

Wade is actually smart not to pass him the ball. I would rather throw it into the stands rather then give it to Joel

utl768
03-04-2012, 08:18 PM
he sucks but it doesnt really matter that much imo

it would be nice though if they gave eddy curry more run because he has alot more ability

justinnum1
03-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Wade is actually smart not to pass him the ball. I would rather throw it into the stands rather then give it to Joel

normally i would agree with this, but he is shooting 50% :laugh2:

and yes, i am aware he avg 3points a game, just think its funny he avg 50%

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:19 PM
he sucks but it doesnt really matter that much imo

it would be nice though if they gave eddy curry more run because he has alot more ability

Heat would be pretty good if they tried that.

Rndy
03-04-2012, 08:21 PM
There is a reason Eddy doesn't play. Hes not that guy he was for a few years in Chicago.

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:24 PM
There is a reason Eddy doesn't play. Hes not that guy he was for a few years in Chicago.

True, but playing time would improve his play

Rndy
03-04-2012, 08:26 PM
wrong thread!

Tony_Starks
03-04-2012, 08:26 PM
What do you want from the guy? He's strictly there to block shots and rebound and he does a fair job of doing it. It's not like Miami is exactly starving for scoring power. Its actually good having a roleplayer to rebound and defend so Wade and Lebron can be off to the races.....

RCarlson85
03-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Pittman can do that as well. I bet he wants to prove himself so he would be doing all that too.

No...no he can't. You obviously haven't watched many Heat games if you think Joel doesn't play D and Pittman rebounds and plays D.

There's no question that Joel has no offensive game, but what he does on defense by blocking/altering shots and by hustling and keeping plays alive on offense is very valuable. Pittman and Curry haven't done anything in the time that they've been in to show they deserve more PT.

justinnum1
03-04-2012, 08:30 PM
What do you want from the guy? He's strictly there to block shots and rebound and he does a fair job of doing it. It's not like Miami is exactly starving for scoring power. Its actually good having a roleplayer to rebound and defend so Wade and Lebron can be off to the races.....

id like him to be able to catch the bull and put it in the basket when he is within 2 feet...

KG21
03-04-2012, 08:31 PM
id like him to be able to catch the bull and put it in the basket when he is within 2 feet...

And that is all!

Jint.
03-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Joel :jumpy::jumpy::jumpy: Anthony

Gritz
03-04-2012, 08:43 PM
He plays just like he looks... UGLY

Evolution23
03-04-2012, 08:51 PM
At least he hustles. That's the only positive in his game.

Jint.
03-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Rik Smits > Joel Anthony

Da Knicks
03-04-2012, 09:22 PM
;)He plays good when the refs "let him play"!

justinnum1
03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
;)He plays good when the refs "let him play"!

Only agasint some teams is he effective, athletic teams and the knicks are pretty much who he does really well agasint.

beasted86
03-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Curry doesn't play because he SUCKS. Pittman barely plays because he SUCKS.

Anthony is extremely limited, he plays because we have no better options.

If Bosh plays, and Haslem gets back to his old self... Anthony's limitations aren't an issue. Pittman and Curry sucking as bad as they do is a bigger problem than Anthony. I lose sleep over the thought of Anthony somehow getting injured.

justinnum1
03-04-2012, 09:39 PM

If Bosh plays, and Haslem gets back to his old self... Anthony's limitations aren't an issue. Pittman and Curry sucking as bad as they do is a bigger problem than Anthony. I lose sleep over the thought of Anthony somehow getting injured.

****, that is a scary thought

we should give that gladness kid some burn

Lim
03-05-2012, 04:03 AM

this. sadly enough, joel is their best center. its either play him or 500 pound pitman or 500 pound curry or 60 year old juan howard.

shizzle09
03-05-2012, 04:26 AM
omg he is soooooo bad.

360HIGHLIGHTS
03-05-2012, 04:27 AM
Bring back ALONZO MOURNING!!! Hehehe maybe un upgrade to J ANTHONY!!! haha

NoahH
03-05-2012, 08:44 PM
His hairline is worse than LeBron's...

Also, he's probably the worst starting center in the league and exactly, plays absolutely 0 offense. BUT with that being said, he's the HEATs only option and with Haslem and Bosh its not a big deal having him play 20mins a night.

h2r09
03-05-2012, 09:03 PM
he is a matchup guy, very useful against athletic teams but not against big teams, which isn't many teams. he also is a starter but don't take that term to importantly. he isn't a closer.

Fnom11
03-05-2012, 10:15 PM
He's a very good 2nd/3rd string center, not a starter.

BALLER71
03-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Has the worst hands I've ever seen in basketball but he has quick feet and plays good help defense. And he does well against certain players like Amare.

Kucka
03-05-2012, 11:07 PM
The dude has nothing going for him.

Badluck33
03-05-2012, 11:13 PM
wasn't eddy curry suppose to be the future C of the Heat?

Jays Claw
03-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Wow, can't believe there's 6 pages of continuous ripping of Anthony's offense. I think we all get the point. lol

That being said - Anthony's main role in Miami is to anchor the defense underneath the basket. Though I do agree his offense is a liability, his defense easily outshines his offensive deficiencies. Which is good considering his front-court partner (Bosh) isn't regarded as a plus defender.