PDA

View Full Version : ESPN going to far ?

Slimsim
03-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm surprise no one brought this up but after the foul on kobe at the allstar game by wade it seems like ESPN is promoting or encouraging for LA to get violent on Wade. I know they said they don't want to see wade get hurt but what if he does today because LA feel pressure to do so is ESPN fully responsible thoughts ?

smith&wesson
03-04-2012, 03:29 PM
no, espn can say whatever they want .. players and teams shouldnt be focused on that. they shoulld be focused on getting the W. straight up.

justinnum1
03-04-2012, 03:36 PM
ESPN is in the business for one reason and one reason only, to make money, theyw ill do or say whatever they think will get them the most viewers/advertising dollars

Redskins10
03-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Yeah, they hyped the **** out of the situation. They really want to see retaliation.

Gritz
03-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Maybe they should put a bounty on him..

HouRealCoach
03-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Even after none of them acknowledged it being a big deal

heyman321
03-04-2012, 05:52 PM
ESPN should be fired.

LA_Raiders
03-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Bspn...

NickyNick
03-04-2012, 06:10 PM
espn going *too far

Lloyd Christmas
03-04-2012, 07:56 PM
ESPN is like TMZ. They want to create a situation.

Raph12
03-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Sign Kevin McHale to a 10-day contract and it'll get done...

Davidgta1
03-04-2012, 07:58 PM
They have no tebow so they make storys as if the lakers where going to stab wade.

sintaks12
03-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I agree with everything you guys are saying, but in the end they were right. Happens in sports all the time. Don't kill anyone but set the tone with a hard foul to let them know that you mean business. But in today's NBA, you have to be careful. Oakley would have decapitated someone back in the day. Ah the good ole days... buncha pansies in today's game. Just my opinion...

thekmp211
03-04-2012, 08:56 PM
espn should probably aim a little higher in the integrity department, but at the same time a professional shouldn't be effected by that. kobe and wade are not the types to go off for some more attention on sportscenter.

Gram
03-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Espn.

Jint.
03-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Sign Kevin McHale to a 10-day contract and it'll get done...

giant juggs :jumpy::drool:

celtNYpatsHeels
03-04-2012, 09:06 PM
ESPN always goes too far.... have you ever read anything Brousard writes? nothing is ever true...

bmd1101
03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm surprise no one brought this up but after the foul on kobe at the allstar game by wade it seems like ESPN is promoting or encouraging for LA to get violent on Wade. I know they said they don't want to see wade get hurt but what if he does today because LA feel pressure to do so is ESPN fully responsible thoughts ?

You should have heard JT The Brick on FSR over this past week, makes ESPN look like a carebear.

DaVille
03-04-2012, 10:24 PM
God i hate their monopoly over sports. NBA on NBC>BSPN

jam
03-04-2012, 10:38 PM
ESPN definitely ran with the black on black crime angle...

Aust
03-04-2012, 10:44 PM
ESPN is just asking a question I'm sure alot of people are wondering. I'm not trying to defend them because ESPN pulls alot of crap, just my opinion.

This is basketball though, not baseball, not hockey, and not football, where you're more likely to see retaliation in those 3. It's practically part of the culture in those 3

beliges
03-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Eh I dont think ESPN is "creating" anything. You have two of the best players in the league with Wade and Kobe in this situation. You got Lakers and Heat, you got both teams competing for a championship and you got a cheap shot by Wade on Kobe. Naturally everyone will assume that there will be some sort of retaliation. Or at least talk about it. The first thing I thought about when Wade broke Kobe's nose in the ASG was what Ron Ron or Barnes will do to retaliate against Wade during the game today. This question was out there before ESPN ran with it. Its not coming in spite of professionalism or anything like that. In football, when a player takes a cheap shot to your QB, you will probably retaliate. In baseball, when a player does a cheap shot move, they will probably get a ball thrown their way. In this situation, its only natural that someone on the Lakers might retaliate against Wade. Thats sports. Thats a great aspect of sports actually. Nothing wrong with it. Get over it people.

ldawg
03-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Wade give Bynum a kick on his leg too i am going to keep a eye on him. He is stating to look like a dirty player when he can't dominate. The next time he plays LA they should knock the hell out of him.

theheatles
03-05-2012, 08:41 AM
coincidence wade fouled out with 5:19 to go? nahhhhhhhhhh

with the 3 guys that were being hyped as to injure wade was world peace, bynum and barnes combined for just 1 foul total

and battier had 2 blocks on kobe clear as day but of course bs foul calls

good thing i didn't bet on this game but i had a bad feeling considering LA was at home and they were the only major market to have not yet defeat a LeBron James Heat team

Weezy
03-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Looked like I was watching some Grey's Anatomy or some ****

dnewguy
03-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Everyone knew that game was rigged for the Lakers. Wade was not even allowed to sniff on the Lakers last night.

SmartestGuyHere
03-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Everyone knew that game was rigged for the Lakers. Wade was not even allowed to sniff on the Lakers last night.

Did you even watch the game? the referees favored the Heat; Kobe was smacked like 4 times around the face-area and didn't receive a single call. Dirty Heat players, lucky that the Lakers didn't retaliate. Wade was shut down by Kobe, not the referees' fault he sucks. Who goes for a block with 5 fouls especially with that center can actually shoot free throws. I know you're a biased fan but get a clue.

MagicHero3
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
were the calls as one sided as ive been hearing?

dnewguy
03-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Did you even watch the game? the referees favored the Heat; Kobe was smacked like 4 times around the face-area and didn't receive a single call. Dirty Heat players, lucky that the Lakers didn't retaliate. Wade was shut down by Kobe, not the referees' fault he sucks. Who goes for a block with 5 fouls especially with that center can actually shoot free throws. I know you're a biased fan but get a clue.

MUgging someone is not the same as "shut down" the refs wanted Kobe to get a revenge...simple as that. Are you saying Kobe didn't commit a single foul guarding Wade?