PDA

View Full Version : Houston: How good would a Pau + Nene + Lowry core be?

shep33
03-03-2012, 04:12 PM
I know I hate these "what if" topics, but I found an interesting article. Nene was looking at the Rockets in the summer as we all know,and the nixed deal hypothetically would've created a Pau + Nene + Lowry core.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/03/nene-totally-might-have-possibly-gone-to-houston-if-a-trade-that-didnt-happen-had-happened-this-is-a-thing-for-some-reason/

How good do you think the Rockets could've been with that deal? I'm sure they would've looked for a couple of pieces to fill in the bench.

hgtiger32
03-03-2012, 04:30 PM
they would've been a good squad for sure, still not on OKCs level though

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Probably pretty good but it depends on the coaching. That would be a big front line for sure.

shep33
03-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Probably pretty good but it depends on the coaching. That would be a big front line for sure.

Yeah that's a dynamic and big front line, very versatile team right there. I'm sure they would've attracted a couple decent guys via free agency to come in with a front line like that.

THE MTL
03-03-2012, 05:40 PM
They'll be good but nothing special though. Decent record and probably second round playoff team. But they wouldnt be up there with OKC, healthy Grizzlies team, LAC, or SAS.

king4day
03-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Would Houston have gone after Gasol had Nene signed there?

koetravis
03-03-2012, 05:45 PM
So it would look like this?

Lowry/Dragic
Martin/Lee
Parsons/Bud
Gasol/Patterson
Nene/Hill

Thats a pretty legit line up. Although defense would be pretty bad.