PDA

View Full Version : How do you think CP3 would have done on the Lakers???

Ty Fast
03-03-2012, 01:14 AM
I know people dont like what if questions but how do you think him and the team would have done together? I personally think him and Bynum would have been awesome together with Bynum putting up 20 and 12 and making all NBA 2nd team. What do you think?

Jenceman
03-03-2012, 01:21 AM
I think the Lakers would be right up there in the standings with Miami and OKC and Chicago.

Kobe would be shooting around 48 to 50%, and Bynum would be absolutely destroying. I think Paul would have made this team SOOOO awesome offensively.

shep33
03-03-2012, 01:24 AM
I think they'd be close to indefensible at times. CP3 creates easy shots for everybody, including Kobe and Drew.

Bynum would be averaging a few more points per game that's for sure. Kobe's fg% would be up too, because now there's someone to take the pressure off of him on the perimeter.

CP3 at the all-star game was asked a question about playing with Kobe, his answer was "we'd never lose". Just the will power of these two would make them pretty damn good.

But he's doing a great job with the Clips... still don't like his flopping lol. But he's a great player, no doubt.

D12 fan
03-03-2012, 01:24 AM
How do you think CP3 would have done on the Hornets?

Chronz
03-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Im not convinced he and Kobe would mesh that well

Jenceman
03-03-2012, 01:30 AM

:laugh2:

Of course you're not.

Ty Fast
03-03-2012, 01:31 AM
How do you think CP3 would have done on the Hornets?

not as well

tredigs
03-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Kobe's never played with a ball dominant PG or a better closer than him. Both of those would have been very interesting to see go down. I think it would have worked after a lengthy adjustment period, and maybe another coach.

Part of me would have liked to see it, but I'm glad the Clips got him.

thekmp211
03-03-2012, 01:35 AM
i think it would work if kobe accepted cp3 as the primary ball-handler and really worked hard to become great off the ball. so, i don't really think it would have worked.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 01:39 AM

We'll never know now anyways.

Chronz
03-03-2012, 01:46 AM
:laugh2:

Of course you're not.

:laugh:

of course you'd say that

Chronz
03-03-2012, 01:48 AM
i think it would work if kobe accepted cp3 as the primary ball-handler and really worked hard to become great off the ball. so, i don't really think it would have worked.

Bill Simmons had an article about it, he said Kobe has this hitch in his gather on set shots, he basically gives defenses enough time to catch up and contest. But that they could also work PnR brilliantly together. Kobe and Fish used to do it tho very rarely but I cant envision that being a staple with CP3.

thekmp211
03-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Bill Simmons had an article about it, he said Kobe has this hitch in his gather on set shots, he basically gives defenses enough time to catch up and contest. But that they could also work PnR brilliantly together. Kobe and Fish used to do it tho very rarely but I cant envision that being a staple with CP3.

interesting, i've always thought his spot-up jumper was a little flat. without having the statistical evidence to back it up, i'd surmise that kobe is one of the few guys who is a better shooter of the bounce than he is in pull-up/spot up situations. p/r would be awesome, but again theoretically how often are we really expecting kobe to relegate himself to roll-man a night? i just don't see it, which is sad because with the talent of these two guys the potential is obviously there. it would just suck for one of those two guys to have to play to a weakness.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-03-2012, 02:14 AM
If he went to the Lakers, we wouldn't see all these pathetic veto jokes.

So that's a plus.

Though we'd then see more arrogance from that fan base that they got another superstar.

Aust
03-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Him and Dwight would have had great chemistry. I think all 3 of them would've meshed together quite well after a few weeks of practices and games.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Kobe's never played with a ball dominant PG or a better closer than him. Both of those would have been very interesting to see go down. I think it would have worked after a lengthy adjustment period, and maybe another coach.

Part of me would have liked to see it, but I'm glad the Clips got him.

Yea it would be really hard to say. But I think Kobe would have eventually learned to let Paul dominate the ball and create shots for others.

meloman1592
03-03-2012, 02:45 AM
It would have either been PHENOMENAL or horrendous.
There's no happy medium...the will power and desire to win of those 2 could of got them about 45 wins...and the talent on top of the will to win? Are u kidding me?? Cp3 on the lakers and they would probably be 33-3 or something like that. Orrrrrrr the fact that they're both so strong willed and Paul is ball dominant (you know this wouldnt sit well with kobe) they would go together like water dripping in hot oil. Kobe would chuck every single time he gets the ball because he knows the ball is gonna be in cp3's hands most of the time.

Well....we'll never know

john545455
03-03-2012, 02:49 AM
The team screwed the biggest in this whole "vetoed trade" were the Hornets. With Odom, Scola, and Dragic they are fighting for the 8th seed right now. Instead they got Kaman who they want to trade, Gordon who is just buying time to jump ship, and a Timberwolves pick that probably isn't going to be a lottery pick. Look how surprisingly good the Rockets are.
I swear to god if they win the first pick if Minnesotas is a lottery pick... I will not watch basketball cause this **** is rigged.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 02:50 AM
If we would have gotten CP3, then we might have been able to get Howard, but I'm not sure considering the CBA contract and such.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 02:50 AM
The team screwed the biggest in this whole "vetoed trade" were the Hornets. With Odom, Scola, and Dragic they are fighting for the 8th seed right now. Instead they got Kaman who they want to trade, Gordon who is just buying time to jump ship, and a Timberwolves pick that probably isn't going to be a lottery pick.
I swear to god if they win the first pick if Minnesotas is a lottery pick... I will not watch basketball cause this **** is rigged.

Didn't they get picks as well?

Raph12
03-03-2012, 04:42 AM
Kobe doesn't like sharing the spotlight, so it would've been a difficult adjustment... I think he'd make the Lakers better though, finally take the ball out of Kobe's hands and distribute it better.

ghettosean
03-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Since CP3 was willing to go through litigation because the trade was blocked and Kobe was waiting for him at the airport when he thought CP3 was part of the team tells me they both would have found a way to make it work.

Mcdoh
03-03-2012, 05:20 AM
lakers then would be a scary team...and i can see howard wanting to play in LA.. then we can see a kobe vs lebron in the finals.. and last is 3 of the starting roster for the west are from LA.... too bad trade got vetoed...

Chronz
03-03-2012, 05:39 AM
Since CP3 was willing to go through litigation because the trade was blocked and Kobe was waiting for him at the airport when he thought CP3 was part of the team tells me they both would have found a way to make it work.
I wouldnt undermine their efforts to make it work, thats not what Im saying. Obviously they would be great, only a fool would think other wise but do you think they would bring out the best in each other? The more I think it through in my head, the more I like the idea so that initial comment doesnt apply anymore. Ive always wanted to see Kobe alongside a perimeter threat. But hes ours

Bruno
03-03-2012, 05:50 AM
LAL would be close to OKC in the west. Bynum would be averaging over 22 plus. for what kobe and paul may not bring out in eachothers game, i'd like to think the difference would be made up in bynums production. not only because he'd be fed by paul, but because he wouldn't have to share space in the post with Gasol. he'd be the only low post option. he would get a lot of FGA per game.

my concern was the knees of these big three. so far, so good.

Eagles710
03-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Honestly kobe can score from anywhere, but lot of his points come off screens from the top of the key when he brings the ball up court.... sits on the key, gets a screen. either shoots or drives... that means he has the ball in his hands ALOT so i dunno they probably would have figured out how to Co-exist, but i think my man Mamba needs the ball in his hands from start to finish

kobe4thewinbang
03-03-2012, 07:17 AM
They would obviously do well, but I think Kobe would have to adjust to not having the ball so often. That being said, Bynum would be able to get better dunks at the basket (lob city would just switch colors) and Bryant could rest more since they have other shooting guards.

Monta is beast
03-03-2012, 07:40 AM
If they would have gotten CP3, they would have got D12, and the NBA would lose all fans from all markets except Miami, OKC, NY, LA, & CHI.

Cal827
03-03-2012, 09:49 AM
They would dominate, only losing to the Bobcats