PDA

View Full Version : Why Do the Orlando Magic Think Brook Lopez Is Better Than Andrew Bynum?

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Orlando has stated on countless occasions that they do not want Bynum and would rather trade for Lopez......WTH?

Lopez is the most INCOMPLETE center I have ever seen. Sure, he scores (20 Points this and last season While taking 17 shot attempts) But he can not do what is expected of him and that is to rebound. He is averaging AN EMBARRASSING 4 rebs this season AND 5.9 For the entire 82 games last season.

Bynum on the other hand is 1 year older than Lopez and plays Third string on the Lakers. Kobe is taking 24 shots a game and gasol is taking 14... that is 38 shots his 2 superiors need to take.... Bynum manages to score 16 points a game with only 11.9 shot attempts...... Lopez averages 17 shot attempts... Also Bynum manages to rip down nearly 13 rebs a game WHILE Gasol is getting 10 himself.

roshan3ai
03-03-2012, 12:23 AM
The biggest knock on Bynum is his injuries. He can't stay on the court. This year was the first time since his tenure in the NBA that Brook didn't get hurt. Bynum has a more complete skillset, but is a huge injury risk. That's what they are thinking. Not saying I agree, but that's what they're thinking

KniCks4LiFe
03-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Aside from the Bynum injuries, Brook's interior offense is better, in the passing game he's better, challenging shots he's better, the jump shot outside up to 23 ft. he's better, FT shooting he's better. But Bynum is a much better court runner and rebounds twice as much as Brook.

THE MTL
03-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Orlando has stated on countless occasions that they do not want Bynum and would rather trade for Lopez......WTH?

Lopez is the most INCOMPLETE center I have ever seen. Sure, he scores (20 Points this and last season While taking 17 shot attempts) But he can not do what is expected of him and that is to rebound. He is averaging AN EMBARRASSING 4 rebs this season AND 5.9 For the entire 82 games last season.

Bynum on the other hand is 1 year older than Lopez and plays Third string on the Lakers. Kobe is taking 24 shots a game and gasol is taking 14... that is 38 shots his 2 superiors need to take.... Bynum manages to score 16 points a game with only 11.9 shot attempts...... Lopez averages 17 shot attempts... Also Bynum manages to rip down nearly 13 rebs a game WHILE Gasol is getting 10 himself.

Bynum is more complete I'll admit but I dont like your arguments though.

Offensively, Lopez might be the best center in the league. I cant think of anyone better. His 4rpg is a small sample size of 3 games since he's been back. He has had seasons where he's averaged 8.5 rebounds per game. And he can hold his own defensively and decent help too with 1.5 blocks per game.

Anyway, I've never seen any article about the Magic wanting Lopez over Bynum. I've seen articles of the Magic wanting the Nets package over the Laker package.

KniCks4LiFe
03-03-2012, 12:32 AM
I'll be honest, I'd take Lopez over Bynum too. Lopez might be the games best current top scoring and defensive center in the NBA and he's untalked about.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Lopez is Only averaging 23 points per game and 50% FG. What a bum lol

bholly
03-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Haven't there been dozens of stories about how the Magic aren't that interested in Lopez? The NJN interest has all come from Howard, not Orlando, as far as I know.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Lopez is Only averaging 23 points per game and 50% FG. What a bum lol

Your wrong. 20 points a game. NOT 23. look it up if you must.

Lopez is on .500

Bynum is at .550

Both averages 1 assist

Testaverde16
03-03-2012, 12:43 AM
lopez is horrible defensively... i remember seeing him against the knicks last year and he just had no idea what to do... pathetic showing, doesnt man up at all...

That being said he is really complete offensively... I dont think the lakers want to trade bynum though, Jim Buss is the new James Dolan... He'll detroy this team.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Your wrong. 20 points a game. NOT 23. look it up if you must.

Lopez is on .500

Bynum is at .550

Both averages 1 assist

Um he just dropped 28 today buddy bringing up his averaging to 23 lol

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 12:45 AM
lopez is horrible defensively... i remember seeing him against the knicks last year and he just had no idea what to do... pathetic showing, doesnt man up at all...

That being said he is really complete offensively... I dont think the lakers want to trade bynum though, Jim Buss is the new James Dolan... He'll detroy this team.

Defensively he is no Dwight Howard or Andrew Bogut but he's not Andrew Bargani either. He is certainly adequate not horible.

Jenceman
03-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Bynum destroys him in advanced stats.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Bynum destroys him in advanced stats.

Bynum also plays with Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol and played with Lamar Odom getting whatever shot he wants.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Um he just dropped 28 today buddy bringing up his averaging to 23 lol

nah it should be around 22. But yeah its only been 4 games.

Kind of embarrassing for a 7 foot 270 pound center in the NBA to get 5.9 rebs last year in 82 games....and like 3. something this year.

He averages 17 shots a game. He is 1B in his team considering Williams is a passer and Lopez can score

Bynum only get 11.9 shots up a game while being third string. If he was first option or second on a team he would exceed 20 points a game.... especially if he can get 17 shots a game.... which would never happen with kobe

Jenceman
03-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Bynum also plays with Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol and played with Lamar Odom getting whatever shot he wants.

So? Brook plays with one of the leagues top point guards. Bynum is better, period.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 12:53 AM
I'll be honest, I'd take Lopez over Bynum too. Lopez might be the games best current top scoring and defensive center in the NBA and he's untalked about.

Unless you are basing this purely off the fact that Bynum is more injury prone, I would say you really don't know what you are talking about. Bynum would be beasting more than he already is if he was on the Nets. He is playing as a 3rd option...

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 12:54 AM
So? Brook plays with one of the leagues top point guards. Bynum is better, period.

lol are you serious? He's played like 20 career games with Deron. Lame argument.

GOON MUSIC
03-03-2012, 12:54 AM

Defensively he is no Dwight Howard or Andrew Bogut but he's not Andrew Bargani either. He is certainly adequate not horible.
^^^^^^^^^^

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Unless you are basing this purely off the fact that Bynum is more injury prone, I would say you really don't know what you are talking about. Bynum would be beasting more than he already is if he was on the Nets. He is playing as a 3rd option...

Yeah it must be so tough for him getting all those good looks and benefiting from Kobe being double teamed and playing along side one of the best passing big men in the game. Poor Bynum. Poor Poor Bynum.

D12 fan
03-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Yeah his rebounding sucks,but he is the best offensive center in the NBA.

MagicBucsSox
03-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Because brook, the package coming with him the the cap relief nets will take on is better. Case closed. A lotto pick that Stern may rig for Orlando helps too.

Jenceman
03-03-2012, 12:59 AM
lol are you serious? He's played like 20 career games with Deron. Lame argument.

My argument is based off Bynum being the better overall player.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lopezbr01.html

Don't make me embarrass you. Just educate yourself.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Yeah it must be so tough for him getting all those good looks and benefiting from Kobe being double teamed and playing along side one of the best passing big men in the game. Poor Bynum. Poor Poor Bynum.

Yeah, Kobe is known for passing.... especially when he is doubled team.

:rolleyes:

Ty Fast
03-03-2012, 01:02 AM
bynum is way better than butt f............uck lopez but is a bigger risk

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:02 AM
My argument is based off Bynum being the better overall player.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lopezbr01.html

Don't make me embarrass you. Just educate yourself.

Yes and playing with 2 great players and another allstar caliber PF has not helped him be extremely efficient. Those numbers mean nothing without context. Fact is his job has been extremely easy because of the great talent around him.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 01:03 AM

Sure he benefits from having those two. He would also benefit immensely from having an elite PG, something which the Lakers do not have. But if you have watched Bynum, you would know he can score in the post by himself. He doesn't need to have lobs. Plus he barely gets enough touches to get into a really good offensive rhythm. He just needs the chance to be a number 1/2 option.

And as much as you want to credit Kobe, I would also argue that if Kobe just fed Bynum the ball more, he would be a lot better. Unfortunately, Kobe chucks up bad shots at poor percentages routinely.

Ty Fast
03-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Because brook, the package coming with him the the cap relief nets will take on is better. Case closed. A lotto pick that Stern may rig for Orlando helps too.

nothing like that would ever happen in the nba lol

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Yeah, Kobe is known for passing.... especially when he is doubled team.

:rolleyes:

So wait your telling me Kobe Bryant doesn't draw a bunch of attention on defense? Your telling me Kobe hasn't average 5 assists per game over his career? I want to live in the bubble you do.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Sure he benefits from having those two. He would also benefit immensely from having an elite PG, something which the Lakers do not have. But if you have watched Bynum, you would know he can score in the post by himself. He doesn't need to have lobs. Plus he barely gets enough touches to get into a really good offensive rhythm. He just needs the chance to be a number 1/2 option.

LMAO at you people trying to use the Deron argument for Lopez offensive prowress. You do realize he has played with Deron FOR LIKE 15 GAMES in his entire career right? LOL you Laker fans are funny.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Yes and playing with 2 great players and another allstar caliber PF has not helped him be extremely efficient. Those numbers mean nothing without context. Fact is his job has been extremely easy because of the great talent around him.

Lol. Lopez cant rebound for his life. Imagine if he was in LA. He would have zero rebounds

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Lol. Lopez cant rebound for his life. Imagine if he was in LA. He would have zero rebounds

Sure that doesn't take away from the fact the dude can score his *** off.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 01:09 AM
So wait your telling me Kobe Bryant doesn't draw a bunch of attention on defense? Your telling me Kobe hasn't average 5 assists per game over his career? I want to live in the bubble you do.

Lopez's Numbers are inflated. His the number 1 scoring option on a garbage team... w/williams

Jenceman
03-03-2012, 01:10 AM

And that argument is easily turned around with the "he doesn't get enough touches argument". Lopez has a higher USG.

In the end, your argument fails, every single time. And Bynum is better defensively, whether it's help or man to man.

NYsFinest
I cringe every time I watch Lopez play... Very slow and awkward in the paint, gets a good chunk of his points at the line after getting fouled on ugly post ups. Completely non existent on the glass, had 3 rebounds in 35 minutes tonight and 2 of them fell in his lap (he immediately lost one of them out of bounds). Terrible defender and doesn't seem to contribute when it matters, Throughout his career a huge chunk of his scoring has come in garbage time and disappears when its close. Restricted free agent this summer, Orlando is screwed if they trade for him and resign him for 65-70 mil... They should prepare themselves for a lot of pouting and losing. This "top" center has an under .300% win percentage... Enjoy him as your franchise player orlando ;)

Ty Fast

imagine him on the raps with andrea bargnani???

oak2455
Brookie pulled down a hefty 3 boards tonight thats pretty bad.....and yes I know he can score ....but no rebounds no rings:D

AntiG
03-03-2012, 01:11 AM
because the trade talk isnt about a direct player for player swap. NJ offers an up and coming younger scorer in marshon brooks and two lottery picks along with lopez. The lakers have nothing to offer other than bynum unless they fold and give up gasol as well.

Giraffes Rule
03-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Cuz they don't have to pay him 18 million a year and worry about his knees exploding?

oak2455
03-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Cuz they don't have to pay him 18 million a year and worry about his knees exploding?

or ankle:D

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Lopez's Numbers are inflated. His the number 1 scoring option on a garbage team... w/williams
LMAO and Bynum's health is inflated. He's Mr. Glass who is benefiting from not facing double and triple teams every night and dudes hanging off his back like he would if he were the number 1 option and toll that it would take on his broken knees. And Lopez numbers looked real inflated against the defending-champs, dropping near 40 on the team that swept your ***.

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-03-2012, 01:15 AM
What you're not getting is that Lopez and the deal he comes with is far superior. He isnt as good, right now , as Bynum and that's coming from a Nets fan , but his trade to NJ comes with cap relief, a bunch of 1st round picks, and young talent compared to Bynum and his deal which would include him and maybe getting rid of Duhons deal but that's it. For a team like Orlando, who is rebuilding, they need to free space up, get young talent , and draft young kids to eventually have a better team in the future.

That's why it makes sense.

llemon

Brook Lopez is a horrible defensive Center

NYsFinest
Lopez doesn't do anything a center does, I want my SG and SF scoring 20+ points.... I want my center defending, rebounding, blocking and dunking, not taking 18 footers and pouting every game. Whoever commits a longterm contract to this loser this summer is destined to win 25 games every year.

KniCks4LiFe
03-03-2012, 01:17 AM

Chill no one was stopping Stat last yr. That wasn't Lopez's fault.

That being said Bynum scores in the paint. Lopez extends a D out to 23 ft. With Williams or w/o he can bang and score 20 w/o even trying.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Brookie pulled down a hefty 3 boards tonight thats pretty bad.....and yes I know he can score ....but no rebounds no rings:D

What kind of Isiah Thomas bathroom wisdom is that? You picked up that knowledge at the Synergy Sports conference cause last I checked a great offensive 7 footer who was knocked for the same things Lopez was won a ring last summer.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Lopez doesn't do anything a center does, I want my SG and SF scoring 20+ points.... I want my center defending, rebounding, blocking and dunking, not taking 18 footers and pouting every game. Whoever commits a longterm contract to this loser this summer is destined to win 25 games every year.

NOOO! Why would you pass on the BEST offensive center in the league :p

Jenceman
LMAO and Bynum's health is inflated. He's Mr. Glass who is benefiting from not facing double and triple teams every night and dudes hanging off his back like he would if he were the number 1 option and toil that it would take on his broken knees. And Lopez numbers looked real inflated against the defending-champs, dropping near 40 on the team that swept your ***.

Yeah this weak kind of argument just shows you've got nothing.

Try using something, anything to back up your claims. Bynum is better is literally every aspect of the game, except what, mid range shots?

MetroMan
LMAO and Bynum's health is inflated. He's Mr. Glass who is benefiting from not facing double and triple teams every night and dudes hanging off his back like he would if he were the number 1 option and toil that it would take on his broken knees. And Lopez numbers looked real inflated against the defending-champs, dropping near 40 on the team that swept your ***.

Well. Doesn't LA have the most CHips in history?

Also Mavs just lost 4 in a row.

Your arguments are laughable at most.

Lopez been the first option in NJ for years. No D, No Rebs, No assists, No Wins, No Rings

Bynum is Third option and is always in discussion of being compared to howard. D? Yes. Rebs? Hell yea. Wins? yep. Chips? Yeah

KniCks4LiFe
03-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Brook Lopez is a horrible defensive Center

he ain't the top defensive center, but he alters shots, I've watched this. He ain't Howard but no one is. I bet he's around Bynum's number in blocked shots.

shep33
03-03-2012, 01:19 AM
As a Laker fan, I'd say Brook has more of an arsenal offensively, no doubt. That being said, I'd still take Drew (Homerism).

The reason why is that if Drew isn't scoring he's still a beast on the glass and defense. He changes the game for us there, so every night he gives us something. Plus he's still a very efficient scorer at 55% from the field.

I don't know what happened to Lopez, but the guy can't rebound anymore. 3 rebounds in 35 minutes tonight? That's around 1 rebound every 12 minutes of play. That is just unacceptable. He needs to protect the rim too.

Still the health risk of Bynum is a great concern. I don't think the Magic don't want Lopez over Bynum, but I just don't think they have a choice with the Lakers since Howard seems to have burned all his bridges outside of NJ.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Yeah this weak kind of argument just shows you've got nothing.

Try using something, anything to back up your claims. Bynum is better is literally every aspect of the game, except what, mid range shots?
I guess a guy having broken up knees is a weak argumet for you but not for NBA GM"s. When Bynum continually faces double and triple teams, like all number 1 options do then we can start taking his numbers at face value. It's exactly why the Magic dont want him.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 01:21 AM
What kind of Isiah Thomas bathroom wisdom is that? You picked up that knowledge at the Synergy Sports conference cause last I checked a great offensive 7 footer who was knocked for the same things Lopez was won a ring last summer.

Dirk is vastly better offensively. And he is also a better rebounder on top of that.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 01:22 AM
he ain't the top defensive center, but he alters shots, I've watched this. He ain't Howard but no one is. I bet he's around Bynum's number in blocked shots.

Bynum 2... Lopez 1

NYsFinest
Big deal he scored 28 points tonight... The nets are a professional basketball team and someone has to score. Avery left Lopez out there in the 4th against the celtics clean up crew and he racked up another quick 8 points with his team already down 20+, the guy played 35 minutes in a blowout that started in the first quarter, Avery left, him out there all game to stat pad for trade value.

DaLakerz Rulz
As a Laker fan, I'd say Brook has more of an arsenal offensively, no doubt. That being said, I'd still take Drew (Homerism).

The reason why is that if Drew isn't scoring he's still a beast on offense and defense. He changes the game for us there, so every night he gives us something. Plus he's still a very efficient scorer at 55% from the field.

I don't know what happened to Lopez, but the guy can't rebound anymore. 3 rebounds in 35 minutes tonight? That's around 1 rebound every 12 minutes of play. That is just unacceptable. He needs to protect the rim too.

Still the health risk of Bynum is a great concern. I don't think the Magic don't want Lopez over Bynum, but I just don't think they have a choice with the Lakers since Howard seems to have burned all his bridges outside of NJ.

The only reason this is even a discussion is Bynum's knees. I don't know many Laker fans who would want Brook Lopez instead of Bynum even with the injury issue.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Well. Doesn't LA have the most CHips in history?

Also Mavs just lost 4 in a row.

Your arguments are laughable at most.

Lopez been the first option in NJ for years. No D, No Rebs, No assists, No Wins, No Rings

Bynum is Third option and is always in discussion of being compared to howard. D? Yes. Rebs? Hell yea. Wins? yep. Chips? Yeah

Yes thanks to Bynum LA has won all these Ships!!!Had nothing to do with Phil or KOBE or Pau or Odom. Yeah it was BYNUM! And I'd argue he wasn't even a 3rd option when Lamar was around more like the 4th. His job was basically sit in the post, score easy layups, don't break your knees.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 01:24 AM
I guess a guy having broken up knees is a weak argumet for you but not for NBA GM"s. When Bynum continually faces double and triple teams, like all number 1 options do then we can start taking his numbers at face value. It's exactly why the Magic dont want him.

Didnt ur BF miss 30 something games this season?

according to you no one wants kobe because he got like 3 knee surgeries :rolleyes:

Jenceman
03-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Dirk is also a much better defender.

And no, Brook is not close to Bynum in blocks.

Brook's BLK%? 3.8

Bynum's? 4.8

Chalk up another W

Jenceman
03-03-2012, 01:26 AM
And funny how Bynum has been healthy recently but Lopez hasn't. Bynum has been fine since he started last season (when he came back from offseason surgery). Lopez just missed 30 some games.

llemon

You've watched it????

I'm a Net fan, in my 4th season of Lopez now.

He blocks some shots, but he's a terrible straight-up and team defender.

And no player shies away from driving to the basket because Brook Lopez is waiting for them at the rim.

waveycrockett
Dirk is vastly better offensively. And he is also a better rebounder on top of that.

I'm not saying he is Dirk, Dirk is a 1st ballot HOF player but it's legit comparison. A VERY gifted offensive big man like Brook you can over look his rebounding with what he brings offensively.

Lisound15
03-03-2012, 01:28 AM
LMAO and Bynum's health is inflated. He's Mr. Glass who is benefiting from not facing double and triple teams every night and dudes hanging off his back like he would if he were the number 1 option and toll that it would take on his broken knees. And Lopez numbers looked real inflated against the defending-champs, dropping near 40 on the team that swept your ***.

Bro, Your ignorance astonishes me.
let me first say that I didnt even want to post in this thread until i read your ridiculous arguments.
#1) Brook lopez is a feature scorer on the nets. if Andrew Bynum was featured in the offense, he would score 22 a game. And If you disagree with that, you've never watched Bynum play, guy is an absolute monster on the offensive boards and has good moves in the post.
#2) Andrew Bynum plays way better defense than Brook Lopez, and destroys him on the boards. I dont care if lopez may average more points, that doesnt matter when Bynum shoots 5% better of a percentage than him.
#3) Andrew Bynum just STARTED for the west in the all star game . Has Brook Lopez even made an All star game?

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Jesus Christ some of you Knicks fans and Lakers fans sound so bias, either with your hate for the Nets or your homerism towards Bynum.

The fact of the matter is the Nets deal with Lopez , Brooks, 3 firsts, and cap relief is leaps and bounds better than just Bynum. The sooner you doubters learn, the better.

Bynum is better than Brook IMO but its not as far off as some of you're making it out to be.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Didnt ur BF miss 30 something games this season?

according to you no one wants kobe because he got like 3 knee surgeries :rolleyes:

Not sure if serious. There is differnce when a guy has built up knee swelling and fluid and actual structural damage an cracks to the bones and ligaments like Bynum does. You don't need to a med school degree to know Bynum's knees injuries are much more serious.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm not saying he is Dirk, Dirk is a 1st ballot HOF player but it's legit comparison. A VERY gifted offensive big man like Brook you can over look his rebounding with what he brings offensively.

:laugh:

Jenceman
03-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Jesus Christ some of you Knicks fans and Lakers fans sound so bias, either with your hate for the Nets or your homerism towards Bynum.

The fact of the matter is the Nets deal with Lopez , Brooks, 3 firsts, and cap relief is leaps and bounds better than just Bynum. The sooner you doubters learn, the better.

Bynum is better than Brook IMO but its not as far off as some of you're making it out to be.

Yeah the Nets package might be better but the debate currently going on is Bynum vs. Lopez, if you can even call it a debate.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 01:32 AM

This thread got off topic. No one here is really talking about the trade package...it got into a conversation about Lopez vs. Bynum. Believe me, I am not a Bynum homer, and I have absolutely nothing against Lopez. But beyond Bynum's health issues, I don't see how Lopez is possibly a better player overall. Bynum's impact on the game on both ends is far greater.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Dirk is also a much better defender.

And no, Brook is not close to Bynum in blocks.

Brook's BLK%? 3.8

Bynum's? 4.8

Chalk up another W

No one ever said Brook is better defensively than Bynum buddy.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:34 AM
:laugh:

Yeah only scored 38 and 28 over his last 2 games but 7 more rebounds trumps all that. By your logic Reggie Evans is an allstar because Rebounds trump points in your world :speechless:

NYsFinest
03-03-2012, 01:35 AM

Not biased and don't hate the nets.... Just want my franchise center doing the things a center is supposed to do. If I'm a gm I want someone to anchor my defense, rebound, block shots and shoot high percentage shots in the paint.... Scoring is obviously a plus but I can get that from my guards and forward, scoring is the easiest part to fill out on a roster. Just don't see Lopez as a game changer, you have to agree he gets a lot of his points when games don't matter and has very rarely actually lead the team when it matters (the mavs game might be the first time I have seen it)

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Yeah only scored 38 and 28 over his last 2 games but 7 more rebounds trumps all that. By your logic Reggie Evans is an allstar because Rebounds trump points in your world :speechless:

I have never said Rebs or more than Points But the combination is what makes a player a deadly weapon. That is what bynum is... a double threat. A double threat as third string

majmarcus
03-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Who gives a ish?!?! If NJ think Lopez is better, let em think it. Its a free country. They can think whatever they want. But it should be noted. They also chose to draft Kerry Kittles over drafting Kobe Bryant...

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-03-2012, 01:39 AM
This thread got off topic. No one here is really talking about the trade package...it got into a conversation about Lopez vs. Bynum. Believe me, I am not a Bynum homer, and I have absolutely nothing against Lopez. But beyond Bynum's health issues, I don't see how Lopez is possibly a better player overall. Bynum's impact on the game on both ends is far greater.

I'm a Nets fan and i certainly would take Bynum even with his health issues he is a true center, a rarity in this league. With that said Lopez isn't as bad as many are making it out to be , he has great range for a 7 footer, a very polished post game, excellent free throw shooter for his position, and runs the floor very well. He's a true offensive center one of the better in the league.

Clearly Bynum does some things better like rebounding, providing defense, and blocking shots but for people to say he is beyond Lopezs talents is silly.

Jenceman
03-03-2012, 01:39 AM
No one ever said Brook is better defensively than Bynum buddy.

Actually a poster or two implied it. So let me get this straight, Bynum, even according to you, is a much better defender and rebounder, but a couple points per game (less efficiently mind you) and you're more convinced of Lopez being better???

C'mon Man! I don't even agree Lopez is better offensively. Bynum has some sexy *** footwork.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Not biased and don't hate the nets.... Just want my franchise center doing the things a center is supposed to do. If I'm a gm I want someone to anchor my defense, rebound, block shots and shoot high percentage shots in the paint.... Scoring is obviously a plus but I can get that from my guards and forward, scoring is the easiest part to fill out on a roster. Just don't see Lopez as a game changer, you have to agree he gets a lot of his points when games don't matter and has very rarely actually lead the team when it matters (the mavs game might be the first time I have seen it)

LOL at this post. Scoring is a plus? No scoring is the point of the game.He doesn't block shots? Last I checked basically 2 blocks per game over his career means he blocks shots. Last I check 50.4% over his career is a high percentage.

DaLakerz Rulz
Who gives a ish?!?! If NJ think Lopez is better, let em think it. Its a free country. They can think whatever they want. But it should be noted. They also chose to draft Kerry Kittles over drafting Kobe Bryant...

Kerry Kittles is better than Kobe. He never got to play with all-time greats like Shaq and Gasol. They made Kobe's job so much easier.

NYsFinest
I'm a Nets fan and i certainly would take Bynum even with his health issues he is a true center, a rarity in this league. With that said Lopez isn't as bad as many are making it out to be , he has great range for a 7 footer, a very polished post game, excellent free throw shooter for his position, and runs the floor very well. He's a true offensive center one of the better in the league.

Clearly Bynum does some things better like rebounding, providing defense, and blocking shots but for people to say he is beyond Lopezs talents is silly.

I wouldn't call those clumsy awkward post moves polished. That being said I think nj gets Dwight and Orlando gets royally screwed with their sad excuse for a franchise center.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Actually a poster or two implied it. So let me get this straight, Bynum, even according to you, is a much better defender and rebounder, but a couple points per game (less efficiently mind you) and you're more convinced of Lopez being better???

C'mon Man! I don't even agree Lopez is better offensively. Bynum has some sexy *** footwork.

Ok let me break this down for you. Bynum is a talented dude (I'm not denying) who besides being unhealthy for his career has basically been the 3rd or 4th best player on his team which has allowed him the opportunity of teams not focusing an entire game plan to stopping him and throwing multiple defenders at him for an ENTIRE game like a true number 1 option would have to deal with. So he is very efficient for a 3rd or 4th option. When he becomes a #1 option you can talk to me about his great EFFICIENCY.

NYsFinest
03-03-2012, 01:46 AM
LOL at this post. Scoring is a plus? No scoring is the point of the game.He doesn't block shots? Last I checked basically 2 blocks per game over his career means he blocks shots. Last I check 50.4% over his career is a high percentage.

For a center scoring shouldn't be the highest regarded statistic... And 50% shooting for a center is FAR from impressive. I'll take a center like Chandler, he only scores 11 ppg but shoots 70%, gets 10 rpg and transformed one of the worst defenses in the league into a top 10 one over what Lopez brings to the team any day.

llemon
03-03-2012, 01:46 AM

And there was a reason for that.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:49 AM
For a center scoring shouldn't be the highest regarded statistic... And 50% shooting for a center is FAR from impressive. I'll take a center like Chandler, he only scores 11 ppg but shoots 70%, gets 10 rpg and transformed one of the worst defenses in the league into a top 10 one over what Lopez brings to the team any day.

Scoring is the point of the game. To suggest it's not the most important factor is utter stupidity. Can you tell me what the average FG% for guys who drop 20 points per game is?? Can you even tell me the average FG% for a Center is? Because I think you are talking out ***. He also shoots 80% from the FT% which is extremely impressive for a center. Why are you bring up Chandler dude scores only on alley-oops and put backs please don't even try to bring him into this discussion.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-03-2012, 01:49 AM
They probably want the Nets deal because they can get a better pick along with that too.

llemon
03-03-2012, 01:51 AM
LOL at this post. Scoring is a plus? No scoring is the point of the game.

No, winning is the point of the game.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Kerry Kittles is better than Kobe. He never got to play with all-time greats like Shaq and Gasol. They made Kobe's job so much easier.
If your tying to say Bynum is Kobe who is a top-5 player of all time I feel even sorrier for you guys

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Scoring is the point of the game. To suggest it's not the most important factor is utter stupidity. Can you tell me what the average FG% for guys who drop 20 points per game is?? Can you even tell me the average FG% for a Center is? Because I think you are talking out ***. He also shoots 80% from the FT% which is extremely impressive for a center. Why are you bring up Chandler dude scores only on alley-oops and put backs please don't even try to bring him into this discussion.

Dude, Defense when Chips. Defense INCLUDES rebounds. your posts and arguments are sooooo wrong

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:53 AM

So do you win by scoring more points than your opponent or getting more rebounds?

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 01:53 AM
If your tying to say Bynum is Kobe who is a top-5 player of all time I feel even sorrier for you guys

Yes that is what I am trying to say.

NYsFinest
03-03-2012, 01:55 AM

:clap::clap:

Just scoring doesn't make you a player.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Dude, Defense when Chips. Defense INCLUDES rebounds. your posts and arguments are sooooo wrong

Yes team defense and defensive chemistry is a big part of winning chips. You can have a great defense with a weak link on it (see the Mavs) just like you can have a terrible defense with some great individual defenders (see the Knicks the first month of the season) or the Suns with Marion.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Yes that is what I am trying to say.

My condolences.

llemon
03-03-2012, 01:57 AM
So do you win by scoring more points than your opponent or getting more rebounds?

Team with the most points wins.

Team that allows the most points loses.

Nets have won how many games with Lopez?

And lost how many?

JOhnnyTHaJet
I wouldn't call those clumsy awkward post moves polished. That being said I think nj gets Dwight and Orlando gets royally screwed with their sad excuse for a franchise center.

Hahaa ill admit, at times he looks very awkward, but he has an excellent jump hook and could body almost anybody besides Howard in the post. He is tough and goes on scoring rampage's every so often, even though he doesnt rebound he impresses me a lot, he has barely reached his potential.

NYsFinest

50% is not good at all for a center, if you believe that we have nothing else to discuss... That guy Bynum shoots 57% for his career btw.... 7% is a HUGE difference. Dwight shoots 58% and you are going to brag about the offensive prowess of Lopez that allows him to shoot 50% lololol

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FieldGS.jsp?league=00&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&position=1&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=

LAST YEAR LOPEZ HAD THE LOWEST SHOOTING PERCENTAGE OUT OF ALL STARTING CENTERS!!!!!!!
checkmate *******

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FieldGS.jsp?league=00&season=22010&conf=OVERALL&position=1&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Team with the most points wins.

Team that allows the most points loses.

Nets have won how many games with Lopez?

And lost how many?

If we are going to start pinning all the blame on Lopez for the Nets terribleness the last 5 years we need to start giving all the credit to Derek Fisher for the Lakers greatness the last 5 years because it's parallel logic. You know as well as I know the Nets have put absolute trash around Lopez (dont tell me Deron and the 10 games they've played together) and that Lopez shouldn't be a #1 option but has been forced into that role. He would flourish as much if not more than Bynum as a #2 or #3.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 02:02 AM
Yes team defense and defensive chemistry is a big part of winning chips. You can have a great defense with a weak link on it (see the Mavs) just like you can have a terrible defense with some great individual defenders (see the Knicks the first month of the season) or the Suns with Marion.

Cocaine is Helluva Drug

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 02:03 AM
If we are going to start pinning all the blame on Lopez for the Nets terribleness the last 5 years we need to start giving all the credit to Derek Fisher for the Lakers greatness the last 5 years because it's parallel logic. You know as well as I know the Nets have put absolute trash around Lopez (dont tell me Deron and the 10 games they've played together) and that Lopez shouldn't be a #1 option but has been forced into that role. He would flourish as much if not more than Bynum as a #2 or #3.

Derek Fisher has Hit COUNTLESS Big Shots in the playoffs.

Once again, your argument fails

Lol do you really think lopez will take nearly 20 shots a game with Lebron or kobe LMAO!

Kyben36
03-03-2012, 02:04 AM
mind game, to convince the lakers they have to offer more, you say you like another player on another team.

I think that a deal will end up going down including both Gasol and Bynum for Dwight and Nelson

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:04 AM
50% is not good at all for a center, if you believe that we have nothing else to discuss... That guy Bynum shoots 57% for his career btw.... 7% is a HUGE difference. Dwight shoots 58% and you are going to brag about the offensive prowess of Lopez that allows him to shoot 50% lololol

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FieldGS.jsp?league=00&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&position=1&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=

LMAO the fact you are trying to present a stat with absolutely zero context at all shows the stupidity of your argument. Did you even look at the top-10 list of centers you just posted. All HORRIBLE offensive centers who take less than 5 shots a game. GTFO here with that garbage!

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 02:05 AM

Lopez was the best player on a trashy team. That is all. You said it yourself. I just don't understand how you get best offensive center in the league from that.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:06 AM
Derek Fisher has Hit COUNTLESS Big Shots in the playoffs.

Once again, your argument fails

So with HIS reasoning we must give FISHER ALL the credit for the Lakers rings is my point.

Once again, your reading comprehension FAILS

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:06 AM
Lopez was the best player on a trashy team. That is all. You said it yourself. I just don't understand how you get best offensive center in the league from that.

I dont understand where you get where I said best offensive center in the game?

NYsFinest
03-03-2012, 02:07 AM
LMAO the fact you are trying to present a stat with absolutely zero context at all shows the stupidity of your argument. Did you even look at the top-10 list of centers you just posted. All HORRIBLE offensive centers who take less than 5 shots a game. GTFO here with that garbage!

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FieldGS.jsp?league=00&season=22010&conf=OVERALL&position=1&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=

Here's a link you might like better.... This is last season. Lopez is the last out of all starting centers...only Jason Collins, Hilton Armstrong and an injured Yao Ming who played 5 games shot worse than Lopez, is that enough context for you? :cry:

I like how you ignore the fact that BYNUM (you know the other guy in the thread) is shooting 57% for his career as a decent argument as to what centers should shoot.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Cocaine is Helluva Drug

But stupidity is genetic. Sorry Bro

xILLN355
03-03-2012, 02:08 AM
nets package > lakers package

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 02:08 AM
I dont understand where you get where I said best offensive center in the game?

My bad, someone else said that on the first page.

llemon
03-03-2012, 02:09 AM

Pal, you can babble on all you want.

Very few teams have played more garbage time than the Nets have since Brook became a Net.

Lots of garbage time means lots of garbage time points.

Poor rebounding means the other team gets extra shots.

Teeboy1487
03-03-2012, 02:09 AM
I could care less about the Magic and Dwight. I'm happy with Bynum and Gasol.

Aust
03-03-2012, 02:10 AM
I'm not even gonna read this, it came from a Laker fan. If it came from the fan from another team, I'd love to throw my 2 cents in(sig bro).

Would love if there was a forum rule not to make threads about your own team.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:10 AM

Here's a link you might like better.... This is last season. Lopez is the last out of all starting centers... :cry:

LOL more importantly he is also 3rd in FG% behind only Dwight Howard And AL Jefferson in FG% for Centers with at least 1,000 FGA. Try again unless your suggest Hamady N'dayie was the most efficent center in the NBA that season.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 02:12 AM
So with HIS reasoning we must give FISHER ALL the credit for the Lakers rings is my point.

Once again, your reading comprehension FAILS

Sure, He does get credit. Because those shots he did make shook turned the momentum to the lakers. Also the shots he hit where game winners.

UR BF is the best scorer on the worst team. His numbers are inflated...too bad his rebs are embarrassing. Even on a scrub team he cant rebound.

NYsFinest
03-03-2012, 02:13 AM
LOL more importantly he is also 3rd in FG% behind only Dwight Howard And AL Jefferson in FG% for Centers with at least 1,000 FGA. Try again unless your suggest Hamady N'dayie was the most efficent center in the NBA that season.

Because there was only 3 centers that did that... That still makes him LAST.

shep33
03-03-2012, 02:14 AM

I agree. Lopez is getting an unfair rep, he's a good player. Probably the best offensive center in the NBA. Great ft shooter, and is very durable.

Bynum has the potential to be a special player... but injuries will always be his weakness.

NYsFinest
03-03-2012, 02:15 AM

Very few teams have played more garbage time than the Nets have since Brook became a Net.

Much respect....

I think the nets get Dwight and we will have very competitive basketball in NYC next year. :clap:

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:16 AM

I don't buy the "garbage time" argument over a 240 game sample size which Lopez has. Last I checked Kevin Love and Blake Griffin have played a ton of garbage time minutes the majority of their career also and their stats have stayed the same or gone up as the number of garbage time minutes have gone down. I don't buy the garbage time argument at all.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Because there was only 3 centers that did that... That still makes him LAST.

LOL no there wasn't. Dude you can't even read a simple chart??

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 02:17 AM
I agree. Lopez is getting an unfair rep, he's a good player. Probably the best offensive center in the NBA. Great ft shooter, and is very durable.

Bynum has the potential to be a special player... but injuries will always be his weakness.

I really don't have a problem with Lopez, hes a great player. But tell me honestly as a Laker fan, would you take him on the Lakers over Bynum right now?

EasternStar
03-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Though I'm from Buffalo, I have a friend who is a huge Lakers fan. He thinks that Bynum is better than Lopez. I'm like really? I agree defensively Bynum's better than Lopez, but Orlando is more of a shooting team around 12-15ft shooting team than post-up. Plus, the Lakers don't have any other pieces, just Gasol, who u don't know if he'll be playing good night in night out basis. As for the nets, they put up Lopez, Marshon Brooks, etc, and can include alot of teams to get involve in a Howard deal, which the Lakers failed to do in making a fair deal 4 Chris Paul with the Hornets and Rockets being involved, which the owners hated it, but that's another story. Bottom line is, Orlando if choose Lopez and Bynum long term and a sign of healthy and not missing games, to me, Lopez is a safe bet than taking a HUGE risk on Bynum. Case close.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Sure, He does get credit. Because those shots he did make shook turned the momentum to the lakers. Also the shots he hit where game winners.

UR BF is the best scorer on the worst team. His numbers are inflated...too bad his rebs are embarrassing. Even on a scrub team he cant rebound.

I said ALL the credit dude. I didn't say some. Does Derek Fisher get ALL the credit? Can you read?

NYsFinest
03-03-2012, 02:20 AM
I don't buy the "garbage time" argument over a 240 game sample size which Lopez has. Last I checked Kevin Love and Blake Griffin have played a ton of garbage time minutes the majority of their career also and their stats have stayed the same or gone up as the number of garbage time minutes have gone down. I don't buy the garbage time argument at all.

:speechless:

That's all I can really say now....

llemon
03-03-2012, 02:20 AM

Those two guys....they rebound, don't they?

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Those two guys....they rebound, don't they?

Yes they rebound like CRAZY yet the previous two years there teams have been AWFUL! Rebounds not points win games? Really?

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 02:22 AM
I said ALL the credit dude. I didn't say some. Does Derek Fisher get ALL the credit? Can you read?

You said he gets no credit. Learn how to comprehend a thought. You might have a concussion because your arguments are drug addict-esc

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:25 AM
You said he gets no credit. Learn how to comprehend a thought. You might have a concussion because your arguments are drug addict-esc

I asked whether Fisher deserved None or ALL the credit? Not some. None or All as the other poster implied Lopez deserved. Answer the question your coming off Mitt Romney-eque

NYsFinest
03-03-2012, 02:25 AM
LOL no there wasn't. Dude you can't even read a simple chart??

Didn't see the second page, doesn't matter barganani is a 3 point shooting PF and Demarcus cousins was a complete moron his rookie season. Still if you think 50% is high for a center after looking at that chart, I will stop wasting my time now. The other guy in this thread Bynum shoots 57%, that's all you need to know.

llemon
03-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Yes they rebound like CRAZY yet the previous two years there teams have been AWFUL! Rebounds not points win games? Really?

I believe I already explained to you about the winning and losing of games.

And rebounds lead to points for your team.

Not rebounding leads to points for the other team.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Didn't see the second page, doesn't matter barganani is a 3 point shooting PF and Demarcus cousins was a complete moron his rookie season. Still if you think 50% is high for a center after looking at that chart, I will stop wasting my time now.

Ok let me break this down for you special-ed style...

How about the fact that he took about 600 MORE SHOTS than Andrew Bogut. A consensus very good center when healthy. Lopez FG% was 49% and Andrew Bogut FG% was 49% except Lopez took 600 MORE shots. Do you see the stupidity of your argument now? Lopez was equally as efficient despite have to hoist up way more shots.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:32 AM
I believe I already explained to you about the winning and losing of games.

And rebounds lead to points for your team.

Not rebounding leads to points for the other team.

Doesn't matter if you can rebound like Griffin and Love and Al Jefferson. Point is your team is going to suck if that talent around you sucks. Love/Griffin/Jefferson have been on God-awful teams as well and it didn't turn around until the talent got better around them. Same argument for Lopez. If Lopez could rebound like Love his team would still suck just like Love's did.

MetroMan
03-03-2012, 02:32 AM
I asked whether Fisher deserved None or ALL the credit? Not some. None or All as the other poster implied Lopez deserved. Answer the question your coming off Mitt Romney-eque

Educate Yourself,Son. You make absolutely no sense what so ever. To say Fish deserves none credit or all credit is moronic. He deserves a lot of credit, not all nor none but a lot. You think a 7 foot center on a scrub team who avrgs 20 and 5 rebounds is better than bynum who is third string. Bynum is getting 16 pts on 5 less shots. While shooting .570 for his career.

I am done here. I Will no longer waste my time on you

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:33 AM
You make absolutely no sense what so ever. To say Fish deserves none credit or all credit is moronic.

Thats my effin point SON. Thanks for helping me make my point. Thank you come again.

shep33
03-03-2012, 02:34 AM
I really don't have a problem with Lopez, hes a great player. But tell me honestly as a Laker fan, would you take him on the Lakers over Bynum right now?

Oh absolutely not, Drew can effect the game outside of his scoring ability. Absolute beast on the glass. I was watching him against Cousins today, and he makes Damarcus look small

NYsFinest
03-03-2012, 02:35 AM
Ok let me break this down for you special-ed style...

How about the fact that he took about 600 MORE SHOTS than Andrew Bogut. A consensus very good center when healthy. Lopez FG% was 49% and Andrew Bogut FG% was 49% except Lopez took 600 MORE shots. Do you see the stupidity of your argument now? Lopez was equally as efficient despite have to hoist up way more shots.

For his career bogut shoots 52.2% and bogut only played 65 games that year.... Just because one year bogut was as inefficient as Lopez doesn't mean Lopez should be shooting 1300 shots a year. Maybe if he shot less he would shoots 57% like Bynum.... But then he would average 15 ppg and 6rpg. Point is most good centers shoot above 55%, they just don't shoot 25 times a game because they play on good basketball teams.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 02:36 AM
Healthy Bynum over Lopez everyday.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:37 AM
For his career bogut shoots 52.2%

You must be on stupid pills. For his career Lopez shoots 51.5% and shoots wayyy more. Who is the more efficient scorer?

llemon
03-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Doesn't matter if you can rebound like Griffin and Love and Al Jefferson. Point is your team is going to suck if that talent around you sucks. Love/Griffin/Jefferson have been on God-awful teams as well and it didn't turn around until the talent got better around them. Same argument for Lopez. If Lopez could rebound like Love his team would still suck just like Love's did.

If Brook could rebound like Kevin Love, this thread would not exist.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Healthy Bynum over Lopez everyday.

A Healthy Bynum lives in the same place a skinny Santa Clause lives.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 02:44 AM

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/congratualtions.gif

NYsFinest
03-03-2012, 02:48 AM
You must be on stupid pills. For his career Lopez shoots 51.5% and shoots wayyy more. Who is the more efficient scorer?

It's 50.4%.... Shooting more at a lower percentage doesn't mean you are more efficient... It means you should shoot less.

king4day
03-03-2012, 02:51 AM

He's only played like 3 or 4 games this year. Not the best comparison.

cheffey23
03-03-2012, 02:53 AM
Enough said. Argument solved, Lopez > Bynum --> http://youtu.be/MTm9onQULVg

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 02:54 AM
He's only played like 3 or 4 games this year. Not the best comparison.

Check last season over 82 games: 5.9 RPG. Still horrible for a 7 footer and number 1 option who is playing major minutes. To be fair, he did average over 8 RPG his first 2 seasons. Don't know what happened to him after that.

lakersfan01
03-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Brook Lopez = No D, no rebounds. I haven't heard any official statement from the Magic saying that. Probably the media not wanting the Lakers to get Dwight.

We aren't going to give up Bynum or Gasol, let alone both, for Dwight to opt out in the summer. The reason Dwight will be traded to the Nets is they are the only team dumb enough to do that, plus Dwight's preference is to play with Deron in Brooklyn. He would always be in Shaq's shadow in LA anyways, he doesn't want the pressure.

Lakers need a point guard, not give away our all-star bigs for one that can bolt this summer, and take on bum Turkoglu and his grossly overpaid contract in the same transaction. No thanks.

If anyone is traded from the Lakers' roster, it will be Gasol for a stud point guard, or an up and coming point guard and a solid pf or sf.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 02:55 AM

Great. I can find a clips on youtube where Bynum has played really well against Dwight. So what is your point?

shep33
03-03-2012, 02:58 AM

I've seen Santa in SoCal before... he was shaky and was asking me if wanted some cheeseburgers. I won't get into the rest of that story.

lakersfan01
03-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Andrew Bynum has had freak accidents. Somebody crashes into the side of your knee, something tears.

Brook Lopez on the other hand had a broken foot from... nothing. I'd worry that he will have stress fracture problems like Yao Ming kept having and had to retire because of them.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 02:59 AM

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/congratualtions.gifLet me find one video to prove my point as well. Our defense is also better considering the Lakers have a new COACH.http://www.pic4ever.com/images/4fvgdaq_th.gif

cheffey23
03-03-2012, 03:00 AM
Great. I can find a clips on youtube where Bynum has played really well against Dwight. So what is your point?
Currently waiting for you to put up a clip.....

Oldmantrash
03-03-2012, 03:01 AM
:clap::clap:

Just scoring doesn't make you a player.

So I suppose you hate Melo, and Amare

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 03:01 AM

It won't prove anything and besides the video is from last year too.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 03:02 AM
So I suppose you hate Melo, and Amare

Those too don't mesh well together, especially in the D'Antoni defense.

shep33
03-03-2012, 03:02 AM
Javale

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 03:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoWTyAyJLDg

Again, this doesn't prove anything. Just like your post doesn't. Done responding. I see you just joined PSD to post that video...

cheffey23
03-03-2012, 03:06 AM
I'm not knocking Bynum nor his talent but you guys gotta give Lopez his respect where it's due. Just cause he doesn't rebound great doesn't mean he isn't a great player. Look at STAT and Lamarcus Aldridge, they do not average double digit rebounds as they should be but the media and a number of fans still consider them All-Star caliber players.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 03:07 AM
It's 50.4%.... Shooting more at a lower percentage doesn't mean you are more efficient... It means you should shoot less.

LOL do you realize how stupid your argument is? Did you get past high school math? He's shooting less than 2% lower while putting up over 1,000 more shots in his career. He is the less efficient scorer?? Jeff Foster is shooting 100% from 3-point this year by your logic Dirk should be shooting less 3 point shots than Jeff Foster.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 03:08 AM
I'm not knocking Bynum nor his talent but you guys gotta give Lopez his respect where it's due. Just cause he doesn't rebound great doesn't mean he isn't a great player. Look at STAT and Lamarcus Aldridge, they do not average double digit rebounds as they should be but the media and a number of fans still consider them All-Star caliber players.

He's a center, Center's should be good or at least decent in rebounding.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 03:10 AM
He's a center, Center's should be good or at least decent in rebounding.

Pretty sure STAT has been the center every year except this one and LA plays alot of center.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 03:10 AM
LOL do you realize how stupid your argument is? Did you get past high school math? He's shooting less than 2% lower while putting up over 1,000 more shots in his career. He is the less efficient scorer?? Jeff Foster is shooting 100% from 3-point this year by your logic Dirk should be shooting less 3 point shots than Jeff Foster.

You are using extreme examples. Bynum has way more FGA than Jeff Foster...

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 03:13 AM
Pretty sure STAT has been the center every year except this one and LA plays alot of center.

I was talking about Lopez

Oldmantrash
03-03-2012, 03:14 AM
All this means nothing, the fact is Lopez, Marshon Brooks, 2 1st rounders this year and cap relief is better than anything the Lakers can offer, unless they give up both Bynum, and Gasol.

sunsfan88
03-03-2012, 03:15 AM
Bynum is better rebounding wise and defensively but Lopez is far better offensively and injury wise.

What would you rather have, a player who likely won't finish out the regular season healthy (Bynum) or a player who likely will (Lopez)? Especially when neither is much better than the other.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 03:15 AM
You are using extreme examples. Bynum has way more FGA than Jeff Foster...

I'm not comparing Bynum and Lopez it was Lopez and Bogut. A guy has 1,000 more career shots and only 2% less FG% he is the better scorer point blank period. It's like saying way you rather an 87% free throw shooter who has made 1,000 free throws or a 89% free throw shooter who has made 5.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 03:16 AM
I was talking about Lopez

You said a center should rebound. I pointed out some good ones who dont.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 03:17 AM
All this means nothing, the fact is Lopez, Marshon Brooks 2 1st rounders this year and cap relief is better than anything the Lakers can offer, unless they give up both Bynum, and Gasol.

The Laker's aren't going to give them those two and anyways we need a PG not a center.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 03:19 AM
You said a center should rebound. I pointed out some good ones who dont.

Then they shouldn't be center's then, if your center isn't rebounding at least more than 9 a game then why do you have him as your center?

BigBongTheory
03-03-2012, 03:22 AM

Bynum plays with Bryant, and Pau Gasol is the point. Imagine him being the #1 option for a team, his numbers would be through the roof. That being said, Lopez is good, and it's not a biased decision, but as of right now I'd say Bynum is the better center, but that can change.

ThunderousDemon
03-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Bynum is better than Lopez end of discussion.

lakersfan01
03-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Bynum is better rebounding wise and defensively but Lopez is far better offensively and injury wise.

What would you rather have, a player who likely won't finish out the regular season healthy (Bynum) or a player who likely will (Lopez)? Especially when neither is much better than the other.

Lopez broke his foot... doing nothing lol. He could wind up being like Yao Ming not able to play because of stress fractures.

Bynum has had freak accidents. If a guy crashes into the side of your knee, something is going to tear too. He actually plays defense and rebounds by the way.

We aren't going to give up Bynum for Howard to just have him opt out, and even more outrageous that we would give up both Bynum and Gasol, along with every young asset and draft pick we have for Howard to opt out this summer, while taking on the grossly overpaid and long contract of Turkoglu.

I have heard no official statement from the Magic saying they think Lopez is better than Bynum. The media wrongly think that we would become better by trading Bynum and Gasol for Howard, so they are trying to spread rumors. Newsflash, we need a point guard to pair with Bynum and Kobe. The Lakers don't want to trade for Dwight without a commitment, especially being that the Lakers will still be the same team with the same deficiencies at point guard and bench.

Mcdoh
03-03-2012, 03:38 AM
bynum is better than lopez.. nuff said.. and its ok if magic thinks that way..

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 03:53 AM
Lopez broke his foot... doing nothing lol. .

How do you know what he was doing when he broke it?

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 03:54 AM
bynum is better than lopez.. nuff said.. and its ok if magic thinks that way..

Not what I saw when they went head to head.

lakersfan01
03-03-2012, 04:04 AM

He suffered a stress fracture during a preseason game against the Knicks. Nobody knows when it actually occurred, including Lopez, Avery Johson, and the GM. They found out after the game. They couldn't figure out what happened, just that he had a stress fracture.

Chill_Will_24
03-03-2012, 04:15 AM
ORL prolly likes the Nets packaged better... but that doesnt mean they favor Lopez over Bynum

Raph12
03-03-2012, 04:38 AM
They don't, in fact it is common knowledge that the Magic are NOT fond of any Nets personnel and that is why the Nets need a third team...

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 04:39 AM

He suffered a stress fracture during a preseason game against the Knicks. Nobody knows when it actually occurred, including Lopez, Avery Johson, and the GM. They found out after the game. They couldn't figure out what happened, just that he had a stress fracture.

So where do you get from that he was doing nothing? Apparently Lopez implemented a heavy weight regiment for the first time ever this offseason. Could of been from that. But you say like dude was sitting around doing nothing and his foot fell apart.

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 04:39 AM
They don't, in fact it is common knowledge that the Magic are NOT fond of any Nets personnel and that is why the Nets need a third team...

Then why was Otis Smith ready to pull the trigger on a Howard for Lopez trade in December before ownership said they wanted time to convince dwight?

Raph12
03-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Then why was Otis Smith ready to pull the trigger on a Howard for Lopez trade in December before ownership said they wanted time to convince dwight?

Couple of reasons; Otis Smith is tight with Billy King (Nets GM); they just wanted to get rid of Dwight ASAP (or so he thought); and it is MGMT who doesn't want to trade Dwight for anyone... Otis is just a pawn.

MagicHero3
03-03-2012, 09:32 AM

its the package that comes with lopez that's better

imagesrdecievin
03-03-2012, 09:45 AM
it's also the fact that Lopez being a RFA keeps him under their control for the foreseeable future. Bynum has a team option for next season and is then an UFA.

It's a gamble that IF Bynum is able to stay healthy AND produce like many think he can if he's the focal point of the team THEN he will have a lot of suitors and could leave Orlando in the same situation they are currently in.

Marco22
03-03-2012, 10:03 AM
The Lakers know Bynum is getting better and is not going to trade him period! Anybody who think Brook Lopez is better is Crazy as hell!

netsgiantsyanks
03-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Big deal he scored 28 points tonight... The nets are a professional basketball team and someone has to score. Avery left Lopez out there in the 4th against the celtics clean up crew and he racked up another quick 8 points with his team already down 20+, the guy played 35 minutes in a blowout that started in the first quarter, Avery left, him out there all game to stat pad for trade value.

what about the 38 points he scored the other night? that wasn't a blowout game....

netsgiantsyanks
03-03-2012, 10:22 AM
honestly, i'd take bynum for the reason that he is stronger, can defend, and can rebound. let's put it this way:

offense-lopez
defense-bynum
better all-around player-bynum

now stop the ******** and let's find a way to intertwine them into one and duplicate them. :p

tbomlad
03-03-2012, 10:30 AM
As some have already said, it's NJ's package the Magic like better. AND it's the star potential of Marshon Brooks and draft pick(s) of NJ the Magic really like. Forget about the myth that the Magic's owner wants a championship before he dies, NOT TRUE! Rich DeVos has said that the DeVos family will continue to own the Magic long after his death and mortgaging the future of the franchise to win now is unrealistic. There's no trade for Dwight that's going to make the Magic serious contenders.

MagicHero3
03-03-2012, 10:37 AM
the dude can score, but he cant do the other things Bynum can do (defense, rebounds)

Hester23Jordan
03-03-2012, 01:18 PM
First off, as a Bulls fan, I do not care for either the Nets or Lakers.

With that said, Lopez does not belong in the same category as Bynum. Your main argument is that Bynum has been a 3rd option on his team, which takes away from his credibility? Lets say we switch Lopez and Bynum. Lopez would easily have become the 3rd or 4th option and I guarantee he would have not been as affective as Bynum or even be an All star. Lopez is a good scoring center, but I do not see any other comparisons that can come close to being equal to Bynum. Just Stop Bro.

llemon
03-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Because there was a third team involved?

LTBaByyy
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Howard

Bynum
M. Gasol

Hibbert
Cousins
Chandler
Gortat
Noah

Lopez, Jordan, McGee and others

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Because there was a third team involved?

So your telling me the Otis Smith really coveted Gerald Wallace? Albeit a Gerald Wallace who he only had under 1 year to boot. Because he was going to be coming from the 3rd team before the ownership nixxed. My point is the Magic did infact covet Lopez over Bynum or else they would have had a trade set up with them.

LTBaByyy
03-03-2012, 02:43 PM
You could even argue Pekovic > Lopez

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Howard

Bynum
M. Gasol

Hibbert
Cousins
Chandler
Gortat
Noah

Did Gortat, M.Gasol, Cousins, Hibbert etc.. ever destroy your Mavs like Lopez did the other night?:eyebrow:

waveycrockett
03-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I do not understand this wavey crocket guy's moronic posts. First off, as a Bulls fan, I do not care for either the Nets or Lakers.

With that said, Lopez does not belong in the same category as Bynum. Your main argument is that Bynum has been a 3rd option on his team, which takes away from his credibility? Lets say we switch Lopez and Bynum. Lopez would easily have become the 3rd or 4th option and I guarantee he would have not been as affective as Bynum or even be an All star. Lopez is a good scoring center, but I do not see any other comparisons that can come close to being equal to Bynum. Just Stop Bro.

My argument is that Lopez is a 1st option nearly his entire career, he is the focal point of the defense and he still puts up very good numbers. Bynum isn't just a 3rd option, when Lakers still had LO he was more like the 4th option. His life is made easy by playing with great players that allows him to get easy looks. He's never had the pressure of facing constant double and triple teams with his bad knees. And you can't gurantee he would do squat as a number 1 option unless you have a magic ball that allows you to see into the future.

DoMeFavors
03-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Howard

Bynum
M. Gasol

Hibbert
Cousins
Chandler
Gortat
Noah

Thats weird because during the lockout you had Chandler as like the 2nd best center in the league.

DerekRE_3
03-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Maybe they like Lopez's knees better.

llemon
03-03-2012, 03:00 PM
So your telling me the Otis Smith really coveted Gerald Wallace? Albeit a Gerald Wallace who he only had under 1 year to boot. Because he was going to be coming from the 3rd team before the ownership nixxed. My point is the Magic did infact covet Lopez over Bynum or else they would have had a trade set up with them.

You can think what you like.

The deal included Wallace. Meaning a third team was involved.

Now stop being such a jerk.

As difficult as it is, you are actually embarrassing other Net fans.

LakersMaster24
03-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Bynum - Better post game, footwork, defense, rebounding

Lopez - Better all around scoring

You choose.

Pistol_Pete
03-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Has Orlando said that they don't like Bynum and they'd rather have Lopez? I don't recall them saying that at all.

However, here's a few reasons they the Magic might prefer Lopez:

- Lopez is slightly younger and makes a ton of money less than Bynum (at least right now)
- Lopez has a better and more team oriented attitude than Bynum
- Prior to this season, Lopez hasn't had an injury, while Bynum has been injured just about every season
- With a Lopez trade, the Magic probably get more assets and take back less money (the same might be said about getting rid of Turkoglu's contract)
- Dwight won't sign with the Lakers, but will with the Nets, so really, that's a huge point

Bynum is better at the moment, but there certainly are reasons why you might want to look at Lopez instead.

D12 fan
03-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Howard

Bynum
M. Gasol

Hibbert
Cousins
Chandler
Gortat
Noah

:facepalm:Purple haze,Chronic,or Kush

lpdunks8
03-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Another interesting stat to add to the conversation:

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Blocks.jsp?league=00&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=4&splitDD=All Teams

sunsfan88
03-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Lopez broke his foot... doing nothing lol. He could wind up being like Yao Ming not able to play because of stress fractures.

Bynum has had freak accidents. If a guy crashes into the side of your knee, something is going to tear too. He actually plays defense and rebounds by the way.

We aren't going to give up Bynum for Howard to just have him opt out, and even more outrageous that we would give up both Bynum and Gasol, along with every young asset and draft pick we have for Howard to opt out this summer, while taking on the grossly overpaid and long contract of Turkoglu.

I have heard no official statement from the Magic saying they think Lopez is better than Bynum. The media wrongly think that we would become better by trading Bynum and Gasol for Howard, so they are trying to spread rumors. Newsflash, we need a point guard to pair with Bynum and Kobe. The Lakers don't want to trade for Dwight without a commitment, especially being that the Lakers will still be the same team with the same deficiencies at point guard and bench.
I think the Lakers could use a center more than a PG cause a good PG requires the ball to be in his hands for most of the time and we all know how Kobe turns into a whiney little girl if he doesn't have the ball 24/7.

And even if Bynum has "freak" accidents, we can still say that Bynum is an unlucky player therefore Lopez has more trade value.

Daze9900
03-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Um yeah you don't want to invest long term with a big man that has Knee problems. He's one injury away from possibly becoming Greg Oden. Health issues aside you would want to build around Bynum but figure you could also get high draft picks out of NJ as well so that is also part of the thought process I'm sure.

JFresh_#8Nets
03-03-2012, 07:00 PM
As difficult as it is, you are actually embarrassing other Net fans.

No he isn't.

ManRam
03-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I thought it was well known that Otis doesn't like Brook Lopez....

So I'm not sure the premise of this thread is really correct.

oak2455
03-03-2012, 07:31 PM
whats the news if there is any???

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Lopez. is better on offese, Bynum has injurie problems, Plus the nets draft pick is a lot better then LA's plus brooks and taking back turk is huge. Im sure they would rather have bynum over lopez, but NJ has a better package unless they throw gasol in there too

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2012, 07:42 PM
healthy lopez is a top 5center

llemon
03-03-2012, 07:49 PM
No he isn't.

I didn't say ALL other Net fans.

But I am embarrassed by wavy's constant ranting and ignorance on this subject.

llemon
03-03-2012, 07:54 PM
healthy lopez is a top 5center

If all Centers are healthy, Brook is absolutely not a top 5 Center.

Young and Stupid
03-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I didn't say ALL other Net fans.

But I am embarrassed by wavy's constant ranting and ignorance on this subject.

Let's be honest: the Nets' fan-base isn't even worthy of embarrassment. The franchise -- and its fans (all 12 of us) -- is as nugatory as they come.

Agreed.

rurichie
03-03-2012, 07:59 PM
the difference maker is we are wiling to send marshon too who is better than just bynum and pieces

ManRam
03-03-2012, 08:02 PM
the difference maker is we are wiling to send marshon too who is better than just bynum and pieces

I still don't think it's clear that Orlando likes NJ's offers more...in fact, we KNOW Otis is fond of those NJ trades...and we don't KNOW how the Magic feel about LA. So this is all pure speculation.

But you are correct...unless the Lakers offer Pau as well, the Lakers have literally not a single other worthwhile asset to offer up. NJ has a few, and Billy King loves his 3-4 team trades...

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2012, 08:03 PM

name 5 better

llemon
03-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Let's be honest: the Nets' fan-base isn't even worthy of embarrassment. The franchise -- and its fans (all 12 of us) -- is as nugatory as they come.

I can understand why you would feel that way.

However, I was around for the Rick Barry and Julius Erving days.

Inconsequential? Julius is the reason the Nets, Pacers, Spurs and Nuggets are NBA teams.

Was also around for the Net team that took out Julius and the NBA Champion Sixers in the 1st rd.

And of course, for the two Finals seasons with Kidd.

Plenty of embarrassing moments in between, absolutely.

If nugatory meant 'worthy of receiving of noogies' I would agree, but as that is not the definition, I have to say you are wrong

Young and Stupid
03-03-2012, 08:19 PM
I can understand why you would feel that way.

However, I was around for the Rick Barry and Julius Erving days.

Inconsequential? Julius is the reason the Nets, Pacers, Spurs and Nuggets are NBA teams.

Was also around for the Net team that took out Julius and the NBA Champion Sixers in the 1st rd.

And of course, for the two Finals seasons with Kidd.

Plenty of embarrassing moments in between, absolutely.

If nugatory meant 'worthy of receiving of noogies' I would agree, but as that is not the definition, I have to say you are wrong

I stand by my original statement.

When you're forced to point to a first-round playoff victory and two finals appearances to justify a team's worth (I should clarify that I was speaking of the NBA Nets; not the ABA Nets) then I think 'nugatory' is a fair assessment.

name 5 better

Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Marc Gasol, Tyson Chandler, Greg Monroe, Al Jefferson, Tim Duncan, Al Horford and DeMarcus Cousins.

*I should note that I think Lopez will be better than five of the players on this list within the near future, but as it stands now, he's behind them.

llemon
03-03-2012, 08:23 PM

When you're forced to point to a first-round playoff victory and two finals appearances to justify a team's worth (I should clarify that I was speaking of the NBA Nets; not the ABA Nets) then I think 'nugatory' is a fair assessment.

Think what you will. Couldn't care less.

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2012, 08:31 PM

Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Marc Gasol, Tyson Chandler, Greg Monroe, Al Jefferson, Tim Duncan, Al Horford and DeMarcus Cousins.

*I should note that I think Lopez will be better than five of the players on this list within the near future, but as it stands now, he's behind them.

Right now he is injuried, coming back from I mean, Bogut cant stay healthy, Duncan is a PF, and isnt better anymore, Cousins is at 16 and 11, While lopez is a 20 and 7 guy, Both dont play great defense so Thats up for grabs, Gasol and him are about even, this year monroe has taken a step up, Jefferson no. If they were all healthy Id have Dhoward, Bynum,Chandler,Monroe,Horford, Then Lopez.

Punk
03-03-2012, 08:36 PM
I know I'm pretty late but ummm....Lopez is a 20 point scorer and Bynum is not? He can't rebound to save his life but that can be fixed if you have a rebounding PF next to him and Lopez has no historic injuries unlike Bynum.

5ass
03-03-2012, 09:00 PM
most importantly, 3-5 years from now Bynum has a very high chance of not being in the NBA. People underrate how much Bynums weak knees affect this trade.

llemon
03-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Right now he is injuried, coming back from I mean, Bogut cant stay healthy, Duncan is a PF, and isnt better anymore, Cousins is at 16 and 11, While lopez is a 20 and 7 guy, Both dont play great defense so Thats up for grabs, Gasol and him are about even, this year monroe has taken a step up, Jefferson no. If they were all healthy Id have Dhoward, Bynum,Chandler,Monroe,Horford, Then Lopez.

You say Horford, then and choose to pick Lopez over Al Jefferson?

Shirley you jest.

Then there is Hawes (go ahead, tell me how he's injured), Noah (unless defense doesn't count), Kaman & Okafor , Hibbert, Marc Gasol (work your way around him), Lamarcus, Gortat and Cousins.

Then there are Mozgov & Koufas, Javele & DeAndre, Dalembert, Perkins, and Camby to be considered.

The NBA is not a game played on paper.

And yes, I called you Shirley

LakersLockdwn
03-03-2012, 10:06 PM

you obviously never watch laker games if you truly believe this.

LakersLockdwn
03-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I know I'm pretty late but ummm....Lopez is a 20 point scorer and Bynum is not? He can't rebound to save his life but that can be fixed if you have a rebounding PF next to him and Lopez has no historic injuries unlike Bynum.

bynum is at 16 ppg not much difference and he is more efficient and plays much better 1on1 defense id say he is the only center in the league that can hold his own with dwight

llemon
03-03-2012, 10:12 PM
bynum is at 16 ppg not much difference and he is more efficient and plays much better 1on1 defense id say he is the only center in the league that can hold his own with dwight

You mean other than Jason Collins

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
You say Horford, then and choose to pick Lopez over Al Jefferson?

Shirley you jest.

Then there is Hawes (go ahead, tell me how he's injured), Noah (unless defense doesn't count), Kaman & Okafor , Hibbert, Marc Gasol (work your way around him), Lamarcus, Gortat and Cousins.

Then there are Mozgov & Koufas, Javele & DeAndre, Dalembert, Perkins, and Camby to be considered.

The NBA is not a game played on paper.

And yes, I called you Shirley

Wait what are you saying?.Lopez is better then Hawes, And it has nothing to do with him being injured, Noah is good but Lopez is the better player, Kaman and okafor are average maybe a little above average. Hibbert is good but not better gasol Yes your right but its close. mozgov lmao Get out of here, Mcagee isnt bad but no Jordan nope dalemberet not even close perkins no way, Camby nope. Gortat is good but no way.Lopez has the abilty to put in 20 and 7 every game, Hump takes a lot of his rebounds, when he is healthy he will average 18-22 And 6-9 rebounds. he is coming off a foot injury and has played what 4 games?. some of the guys you named wow. And shirley? ok?

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2012, 11:05 PM

I know it was only one game but Chandler locked him up this year

llemon
03-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Wait what are you saying?.Lopez is better then Hawes, And it has nothing to do with him being injured, Noah is good but Lopez is the better player, Kaman and okafor are average maybe a little above average. Hibbert is good but not better gasol Yes your right but its close. mozgov lmao Get out of here, Mcagee isnt bad but no Jordan nope dalemberet not even close perkins no way, Camby nope. Gortat is good but no way.Lopez has the abilty to put in 20 and 7 every game, Hump takes a lot of his rebounds, when he is healthy he will average 18-22 And 6-9 rebounds. he is coming off a foot injury and has played what 4 games?. some of the guys you named wow. And shirley? ok?

Thank you for knowing nothing.

Lopez better than Noah? I'll let that stand as a monument to your ignorance

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Thank you for knowing nothing.

Lopez better than Noah? I'll let that stand as a monument to your ignorance

No problem. And Yes noah is so over rated, he is a soild defender and he is so limited offensivley, He rebounds and puts it back in. Lopez Is 20 times the player offensivley, He isnt a great defender, but is still the better player then noah

Jesse2272
03-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Bynum has more talent

Brook appears to be more durable

llemon
03-03-2012, 11:37 PM
No problem. And Yes noah is so over rated, he is a soild defender and he is so limited offensivley, He rebounds and puts it back in. Lopez Is 20 times the player offensivley, He isnt a great defender, but is still the better player then noah

Again, thank you for letting your ignorance flow

C-Style
03-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Brook broke his foot, how is this overlooked? Kobe roled into Bynums knee, i dint care who u are or how healthy u are. If ur feet are planted on da floor and someone rolls into them ur gonna get hurt.

NJBASEBALL22
03-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Bynum has more talent

Brook appears to be more durable

I think Bynum is better but Brook has more "basketball" talent, if you follow me. ie. Bynum is tough and stronger but Brook has more offensive skills.

And I agree with the durability aspect and this is immediately following a season in which Brook missed 2 and a half months.

xxplayerxx23
03-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Again, thank you for letting your ignorance flow

got to give you credit you sure know how to come back at someone

llemon
03-04-2012, 01:05 AM
got to give you credit you sure know how to come back at someone

Thank you. You make it so easy.

xxplayerxx23
03-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Thank you. You make it so easy.

NP considering I was right about Lopez>Noah, and considering you make absoulty no sense, Your welcome for making it so easy

NetSymptom
03-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Brook broke his foot, how is this overlooked? Kobe roled into Bynums knee, i dint care who u are or how healthy u are. If ur feet are planted on da floor and someone rolls into them ur gonna get hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRRgc0r7izI

oak2455
03-04-2012, 01:29 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz can't even post a link right...lol

oak2455
03-04-2012, 01:30 AM
dupe

:D:D:D:D

NetSymptom
03-04-2012, 01:31 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz can't even post a link right...lol

LoL, google said that was how to do it. Then when that didn't work, I watched a youtube video on how to post a youtube video. But then that didn't work either...

I knew how to post the link, I just wanted the whole video box thing to show up, so all you had to do was press the play button.

oak2455
03-04-2012, 01:31 AM
LoL, google said that was how to do it. Then when that didn't work, I watched a youtube video on how to post a youtube video. But then that didn't work either...

I'm just bored....jk:D

NetSymptom
03-04-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm just bored....jk:D

And I'm depressed, I used to call myself a computer guy... Up until 2 minutes ago...

oak2455
03-04-2012, 01:35 AM
And I'm depressed, I used to call myself a computer guy... Up until 2 minutes ago...

no need for depression... just read some of the post they will make u laugh

MetroMan
03-04-2012, 10:39 PM

I think this guy Jinxed Lopez. Lopez went down in the third quarter tonight. Possibly re injuring his foot

beliges
03-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Orlando doesnt think Lopez is better than Bynum. Only Nets fans think that. You have to be beyond foolish to thing Lopez is better than Bynum. "Fans" of teams have a hard time being objective with comparisons when one of your own players is involved. Its natural for some Nets fans to say something like that, but it is beyond foolish.

C-Style
03-05-2012, 01:14 AM
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Brook Lopez left the locker room on crutches! LMAO

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2012/03/after_injuring_right_ankle_net.html

llemon
03-05-2012, 01:23 AM
I stand by my original statement

'stand' is an interesting word to use, as it appears that at the moment Senor Pez is leaning on crutches.