PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Pissed At Odom

MetroMan
03-02-2012, 10:46 PM
"I'm disappointed," Carlisle continued, "with the way the whole thing's gone. We've worked hard with this kid. I'm a patient guy, Mark is a patient guy, Donnie is a patient guy, our team is a patient team, but patience has worn thin here.

"... This is serious business. The business of winning NBA basketball games is serious business. This is not easy. It's not easy to win a game in the NBA. ... We need people that are engaged and we need people that are into it."

Rick Carlisle expressed disappointment with Lamar Odom's ongoing absence from the team and bluntly stated that the forward will face scrutiny upon his return, from owner Mark Cuban to the players in the locker room.

Mark asks a fundamental question of anybody in our franchise: Are they in or are they not in?" Carlisle said. "Our fans want to know that Lamar's in. Our players want to know that Lamar's in.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7637338/dallas-mavericks-coach-rick-carlisle-patience-worn-thin-lamar-odom

Fnom11
03-02-2012, 10:50 PM
You don't say.

Mr Costanza
03-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Harsh but warranted words.

Bruno
03-02-2012, 10:52 PM
they should trade him. NYK could use him.

Bruno
03-02-2012, 10:53 PM
when your franchise guy is a PF, doesn't make a lot a sense to bring in a guy to back him up at 9 million dollars a year.

Gram
03-02-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm mad at Odom.

Master Mind
03-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Buyout :shrug:

jiggin
03-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Odom is a moron. He gets traded to the defending champs and he is crying instead of being motivated.

Only reason I can see that he should actually be crying is when he watches the post game tape and sees how horrible he has been this year.

310Casper
03-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Odom has always been an emotional weakminded basketcase. His freinds all have leached off him throughout the years, he has so many issues. It was just overshawdowed by Kobe/Pau/Bynum, all those championships, the LA spotlight, Kardajians, etc... But all Laker fans know how weakminded Odom can be. He got the nickname of "candyman" as a Laker since he had his personal assitatnt alwasy buying packages and packages of candy to surround himself with in the locker room, in his car, at home.

Odom also has gone through a lot with family issues. The death of his baby and a ton of other things. He's just drained mentally but its always been overshawdowed. Once he left LA to play for the Mavs, after being upset about almost being traded to begin with, i knew he wouldn't be the same. He even considered retirement for a minute there. He's gonna need a lot to regain some sense of normality again, but I dont think he can ever return to that 6th man of the year status. His best years are behind him now. His versatility and size will keep him in the league a few more years, it all depends on his mental state though.

SmartestGuyHere
03-02-2012, 11:18 PM
when your franchise guy is a PF, doesn't make a lot a sense to bring in a guy to back him up at 9 million dollars a year.

He won 6th man of the year. That trade was brilliant on Dallas part, hush child. You know nothing.

waveycrockett
03-02-2012, 11:19 PM
They should def be looking to trade him. I bet Houston or Minny would be interested.

RaiderLakersA's
03-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Time to trademark the phrase, "Let LO go!!!"

Carlisle was stupid for taking this to the media. I don't care whose idea it was, the D League thing was an even dumber idea. Dallas ownership/management should trade him or let him buyout his contract, or release him. A locker room distraction they don't need. Free the man.

All together now:

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

chicago lulz
03-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Lakers plan all along. Trade Odom to last year's champs. Make it seem like for nothing. All of a sudden, unneeded drama!

jbeezy
03-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Nice trade by the Lakers :D

SmartestGuyHere
03-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Lakers plan all along. Trade Odom to last year's champs. Make it seem like for nothing. All of a sudden, unneeded drama!

Except the Mavs team isn't a threat, the Heat is...

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 11:31 PM

heck yeah!! Khloe will be happy. We'll trade Bill Walker for him

Slimsim
03-02-2012, 11:35 PM

Jared J>odom

not talent wise but as a locker room guy and teammate

chicago lulz
03-02-2012, 11:40 PM

Let's not take everything literal. The internet isn't always serious business.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Mark Cuban effed the Lakers in the CP3 Veto, and the Lakers effed Mark Cuban. A tit-for-tat.

Hey Mark, in the words of Kobe...

YOU'RE WELCOME! ;)

kobebabe
03-02-2012, 11:42 PM
I knew Lamar was never gonna be the same again the minute he ranted about a trade that never was. He was so emotionally invested with the Lakers and knowing they didn't want him by attempting trade him for CP3 broke his heart to where he demanded a trade that he regrets to this day! They need to trade this dude else he will be cancer to their team

Aust
03-02-2012, 11:57 PM
The Laker TPE and pick are looking pretty good right about now, huh?

Bruno
03-03-2012, 12:01 AM
He won 6th man of the year. That trade was brilliant on Dallas part, hush child. You know nothing.

haha, welcome to the forum.

not lookin' so brilliant now, is it?

Thegame187
03-03-2012, 12:17 AM
The trade was still a good one based on what was expected, wheres captain hindsight when you need him.

PS: He aint being traded, what would u get for him right now (considering they want to keep the books clear for the off season)

Young2Kinsler
03-03-2012, 12:25 AM

Carlisle was stupid for taking this to the media. I don't care whose idea it was, the D League thing was an even dumber idea. Dallas ownership/management should trade him or let him buyout his contract, or release him. A locker room distraction they don't need. Free the man.

All together now:

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

You don't know Mark Cuban. This guy is a ruthless business man. He hasn't got any sort of return on Odom, so there is no way he will buy him out or release him. He would rather let Lamar sit there and rot.

The guy is weak. To come to a team coming off a championship and not even care to TRY is pathetic. I hope Cuban really sticks it to him and trades him to some NBA outpost like Minnesota or Cleveland. If you think Dallas is too small, or too country, just wait Lamar.

CountSackula
03-03-2012, 12:41 AM
I wonder if LO is just gonna call it a career and retire after this season. He doesn't seem to be all there at the moment.

Fnom11
03-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Honestly I don't blame the guy. He clearly doesn't want to play for Dallas.

homestarunner93
03-03-2012, 12:51 AM
If Lamar Odom can't be motivated on the defending champs, then he should just retire.

RaiderLakersA's
03-03-2012, 01:08 AM
You don't know Mark Cuban. This guy is a ruthless business man. He hasn't got any sort of return on Odom, so there is no way he will buy him out or release him. He would rather let Lamar sit there and rot.

The guy is weak. To come to a team coming off a championship and not even care to TRY is pathetic. I hope Cuban really sticks it to him and trades him to some NBA outpost like Minnesota or Cleveland. If you think Dallas is too small, or too country, just wait Lamar.

On the contrary, I do know Mark Cuban. He used to be one of our clients.

Clearly LO has issues and I don't expect Cuban or anyone else to waste their time and energy in trying to root out the problem. Not at this stage of the relationship. It's up to LO to be the professional and show that he's committed. If not, to limbo he goes.

That said, I sympathize with LO and demand his outright release anyway. Give my catchphrase....LIFE!!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

:D

Giraffes Rule
03-03-2012, 01:11 AM
If he continues to be a problem, do you think they could have grounds to suspend him?

Gritz
03-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Catch his fade then Carlisle

C_Mund
03-03-2012, 01:25 AM

All together now:

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

Let LO Go!!!

That would just make it a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease. Cuban has way too much pride and business sense to throw money at this child so he can go sign somewhere else and be happy. That would make the Mavs organization look like it couldn't handle its problem internally. I say make Odom rot in the D-League or on the bench in a suit.

BKLYNpigeon
03-03-2012, 01:35 AM
looks like the lakers got the better end of the trade.

Bramaca
03-03-2012, 01:46 AM
If he continues to be a problem, do you think they could have grounds to suspend him?

In situations like this the team should be able and willing to suspend the player without pay. A player who whines and complains and obviously isn't putting in any effort shouldn't have the priviledge of taking home a check for $9 million a year and definetely doesn't deserve a trade or a buyout.

justinnum1
03-03-2012, 01:48 AM
i give props to chaz for this

BKLYNpigeon
03-03-2012, 01:49 AM
odom should go back to the clippers.

Fargus
03-03-2012, 02:00 AM
haha, welcome to the forum.

not lookin' so brilliant now, is it?

Im sure your posts on this forum started out strong, but now they clearly aren't looking so brilliant.

Supa
03-03-2012, 02:07 AM

Yes, brilliant spy game by the Lakers ... sabotage the Mavs

Seriously though, Odom can only play his best when he is comfortable and happy; even in LA, that took years to happen.

---

Bruno
03-03-2012, 02:08 AM

Im sure your posts on this forum started out strong, but now they clearly aren't looking so brilliant.

i can't even check I.P. addresses anymore but it does't take a genius to guess that these 'two' posters are probably the same person.

sunsfan88
03-03-2012, 02:53 AM
Now looking back, who won the trade? The Lakers or the Mavs? The Lakers at least got a 1st rd pick for this clown Odom!

lakersfan01
03-03-2012, 03:12 AM
I've been saying since the trade went down, he's a bum when it matters most. He's a drama queen. He disappears. Odumb. Mr. Kartrashian. The best thing about shipping him out of town is we don't have to see the camera pan over to the front row and zoom in on his troll tranny of a wife and that nose of hers.

The Lakers knew he was out of wack mentally and not in shape physically. The funny thing is we got a draft pick and crybaby Cuban is paying the bill.

PleaseBeNice
03-03-2012, 04:03 AM
Someone catch me up on what the deal is with odom from the beginning! I mustve missed this story

Lim
03-03-2012, 05:39 AM
yea send him to the d-league so he can "rot" while making $8,900,000..

btw why is everyone saying the trade "doesn't look so bad now"? as if lamar would be playing this horrible for the lakers if they never tried to trade him to NO. if the lakers never traded him to NO, he would not be emo, he would feel wanted, he would be motivated, he would be way better than he has been in Dallas.

Jesse2272
03-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Lamar WTF

You make millions to play a game

I make thousands to bust my ***

you play for the defending champs

ewww, seriously, that is so gross

JasonJohnHorn
03-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Trade him back to LA for a 2nd round pick :-)
Everybody will be happy then.

Baller1
03-03-2012, 04:13 PM
This whole situation is a big ****ing mess. I've lost respect for Odom though; he needs to grow up and quit acting like a baby, for lack of a better word.

Whatever, as long as the Mavs are worse off.

Young2Kinsler
03-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Honestly I don't blame the guy. He clearly doesn't want to play for Dallas.

That's gotta be a ****ing joke

ghettosean
03-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Odom is going through stuff and I get it but if you can't play don't play otherwise play and don't be a drama queen on the court. That may sound insensitive but this is the defending champs play like your part of the squad or seek a buyout or something if you can't play.

What the coach said was warranted!

Lake_Show2416
03-03-2012, 04:41 PM
didn't Mark Cuban say Odom was the 2nd best player behind Kobe from the Lakers lol

smith&wesson
03-03-2012, 04:44 PM
being an nba player you should understand that when a super star player is on the market your team is going to throw offers to get him. if you have any value, your name may get thrown around in trade scenerios.

its all on odom. he should have been a pro about it like pau gasol was instead he got emotional and made an irrational decision that caused him to be in this mess.

dallas should trade him back to the lakers. maybe for barnes and a chunk of the tpe back. mavs can always use another defender and they can rid themselves of this distraction. and the lakers get their 6th man back. might make sence for both teams. imo the mavs dont need odom.

Angelus™
03-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Its been a trainwreck of a year for the guy

BranWingss
03-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Dallas should trade him to _______ (my favourite team) *