PDA

View Full Version : Source: Celtics aggressively shopping Rajon Rondo

JordansBulls
03-02-2012, 09:32 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/report-celtics-aggressively-shopping-rajon-rondo/

But rumors that GM Danny Ainge and the Celtics are looking to move Rondo just keep coming up, making you wonder how much fire there is behind all the smoke. The latest bit of smoke comes from Chris Broussard at ESPN (via ESPNBoston.com).

Boston is aggressively shopping Rondo, according to sources. The Celtics find Rondoís personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers continue. With the Celtics having realized they are no longer title contenders, they donít believe the payoff is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him.

DerekRE_3
03-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Reke and something for Rondo.

Master Mind
03-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Rondo's gonna be hard to replace

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 09:47 PM
He's a unique player, horrible shooter, great facilitator, great defneder, mentally fragile.

Should be interesting to see what his value is.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-02-2012, 09:48 PM
He's a unique player, horrible shooter, great facilitator, great defneder, mentally fragile.

The complete opposite of Rondo.

Great shooter, horrible defender, mentally stable.

Steve Nash.

AI
03-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Give me Rondo instead of Lin

Master Mind
03-02-2012, 09:52 PM

The funny thing is that he can actually shoot not sure why he doesn't shoot more...But nonetheless he's one of those annoying players I hate going against because he make things happen, he's extremely heady.

Master Mind
03-02-2012, 09:53 PM

Nice sig dude!

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 09:54 PM

Lin shoots better than Rondo for sure

fresh prince
03-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Reke and something for Rondo.

Isn't the point of trading TyReke to let Isiah run the show?

naps
03-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Damn, Celtics are so stupid. I have been hearing Rondo is being shopped for like 2 years now. They would have gotten much better value had they kept their wish to trade him quiet. Now that teams know he's a headcase and they badly want to move him they aren't gonna get fair value in return.

AI
03-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Knicks have plenty of scorers, Rondo would be the perfect PG for D'Antoni's system. He would run the offense to perfection plus he's a great defender.

A starting lineup that includes Rondo, Shumpert and Chandler would be quite amazing defensively.

psperry34116
03-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Christ I wish we knew what was going on. Some insiders say hes being shopped, some say he isnt, Ainge and Doc definitively said that he isnt (not that it means ****), Broussards saying that hes being shopped, Woj says C's are only checking out his value. Somebody give me a sign.

davids22
03-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Rajon Rondo to the Bucks for Brandon Jennings, Mike Dunleavy Jr. and Ersan Ilyasova. If Rondo has to go (if for no other reason than to end the annual rumors of him leaving) this deal brings a replacement point guard, plus $5 million in payroll savings to help free-agent shopping.

Master Mind
03-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I see him going to Portland

Wade>You
03-02-2012, 10:09 PM
I think any player would love to play with a playmaker like Rondo.

I don't know who the Celtics plan to trade Rondo for, but they're gonna wanna have a foundation heading into FA with all that cap space so that they can entice players to join.

ghettosean
03-02-2012, 10:17 PM

This...

h2r09
03-02-2012, 10:22 PM
he must be a huge douchebag in the locker room because that is the only reason they should be trading him.

IndyRealist
03-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Knicks have plenty of scorers, Rondo would be the perfect PG for D'Antoni's system. He would run the offense to perfection plus he's a great defender.

A starting lineup that includes Rondo, Shumpert and Chandler would be quite amazing defensively.

Not true. For D'Antoni the PG needs to be able to shoot, because both defenders on pick n' roll need to honor the jump shot. If they sag off the ballhandler it doesn't work.

SmartestGuyHere
03-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Rondo to Lakers. We will take your unwanted "trash".

ZebraCity916
03-02-2012, 11:32 PM

No. Isaiah is already running the point. Kings fans see Thomas being the 6th man in the future. Having Rondo would be perfect. Not sure who we would stick at SG though......

Blitzace137
03-03-2012, 12:06 AM

Knicks don't need a headcase... Lin is only going to get better with time

DerekRE_3
03-03-2012, 04:02 AM
No. Isaiah is already running the point. Kings fans see Thomas being the 6th man in the future. Having Rondo would be perfect. Not sure who we would stick at SG though......

....Marcus Thornton

lakersfan01
03-03-2012, 04:06 AM
Gasol/Fisher/McRoberts for Rondo/Bass/O'neal

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6mc8fq9

Rondo/Bryant/Peace/Bass/Bynum, Blake/Goudelock/Barnes/Murphy/O'neal

Bradley/Allen/Pierce/Garnett/Gasol, Fisher/Pietrus/Johnson/McRoberts/Wilcox

Lakers vs Celtics 2012 Finals

letsgobrownies7
03-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Your sig makes me ill lol.

JasonJohnHorn
03-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Rivers has been backing up Rondo in the press lately. This report doesnt seem to jive with what's actually being said in the press. That said, Boston has the potential to go all the way with the roster they have, and though that possibility is highly unlikely, one must keep in mind the words of Rudy T.: Never underestimate the heart of a champion! That said, their window is pretty much shut and Ainge seems anxious to blow this team up. He keeps saying things in the press that is encouraging teams to make offers, but the bottom line is: The only teams who would be interested in the big four are teams who won't offer much and only have low draft picks to offer because only teams in contention could use pieces Boston has to offer.

Boston might as well see what they can do this season then blow the team up in the offseason.

GoferKing_
03-03-2012, 02:03 PM

No.

RadiantShot
03-03-2012, 02:48 PM

Thank you for that bold statement.