PDA

View Full Version : Why is there pressure to break up Boston's core yet not San Antonio's

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 05:59 PM
im hearing rondo, pierce, allen and garnett rumors. all over. im hearing celtics window has closed. start rebuilding. yet, i hear nothing about san antonio. both teams have aging stars. i mean duncan and garnett are putting up similar numbers. i think the spurs window has closed just like the celts .i dont care if the spurs are the 1 or 2 seed in the west. so whats up with the double standard?? why arent people pressuring the spurs to begin the rebuilding process and trade their core??

kingsdelez24
03-02-2012, 06:01 PM
im hearing rondo, pierce, allen and garnett rumors. all over. im hearing celtics window has closed. start rebuilding. yet, i hear nothing about san antonio. both teams have aging stars. i mean duncan and garnett are putting up similar numbers. i think the spurs window has closed just like the celts .i dont care if the spurs are the 1 or 2 seed in the west. so whats up with the double standard?? why arent people pressuring the spurs to begin the rebuilding process and trade their core??

Thats why

Iron24th
SA is still winning.

ChitownSports16
Smh.............

LTBaByyy
Spurs have the 2nd best record this year and best record last year in West

Duncan and Ginoboli are the only old ones, everyone is young!

Parker isn't even 30 yet

KingOf215
03-02-2012, 06:04 PM
:facepalm: Because the Spurs are winning games maybe?????

DUH

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Spurs have the 2nd best record this year and best record last year in West

Duncan and Ginoboli are the only old ones, everyone is young!

Parker isn't even 30 yet

uh if you're think this team is doing playoff damage with no duncan and manu, you're crazy. you see garnett rumors all over. yet not duncan. and i dont care if they are a top seed. everyone knows they wont win a ship. their window is closed just like boston. and rondo is younger than parker. yet you hear rondo trade rumors all over. but no tony p rumors at all.

kingsdelez24
03-02-2012, 06:09 PM
uh if you're think this team is doing playoff damage with no duncan and manu, you're crazy. you see garnett rumors all over. yet not duncan. and i dont care if they are a top seed. everyone knows they wont win a ship. their window is closed just like boston. and rondo is younger than parker. yet you hear rondo trade rumors all over. but no tony p rumors at all.

Because parker isn't a headcase, his coach actually likes him

RCarlson85
03-02-2012, 06:09 PM
The Spurs are still one of the top teams in the NBA, that's enough reason right there. Their team really isn't that old beyond Duncan and Manu. They do have some nice young pieces too. If the Celtics were still playing like the did a few seasons ago, there would be no talk about them needing to rebuild.

meloman1592
03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
The spurs are good...the celtics are not

/thread

RCarlson85
03-02-2012, 06:13 PM

That's because Rondo is overrated. He looks really good because he has good pieces around him in KG, Pierce, and Allen. If he were on a rebuilding team with young/inexperienced players he would not look as good. I think the Celtics know this and want to sell high. The biggest thing he does is rack up assists and that's because he has good players around him. He has no shot at all and alot of the lanes he gets to drive are opened up because the players around him draw defenders. He is not the kind of player you want to rebuild around.

Avenged
03-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Because Parker is awesome! Easily one of my favorite players in the game. :p

But seriously, they're winning games, plain and simple. They are in 4th place overall, the Celtics aren't even top 10. (14)

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 06:18 PM
san antonio is #2 in the west, celtics are #8 in the east...

One team is still a contender, the other isn't...

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 06:19 PM
The Spurs are still one of the top teams in the NBA, that's enough reason right there. Their team really isn't that old beyond Duncan and Manu. They do have some nice young pieces too. If the Celtics were still playing like the did a few seasons ago, there would be no talk about them needing to rebuild.

so rondo, jeff green(if he resigns) isnt a nice core to start with? you think parker, splitter, leonard is gonna win a ship. if anything, those young guys including blair should be trade pieces. without duncan and manu, you are back to square one. just like the celtics.

Vincent
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Boston knows their window is closing, San Antonio doesn't?

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
That's because Rondo is overrated. He looks really good because he has good pieces around him in KG, Pierce, and Allen. If he were on a rebuilding team with young/inexperienced players he would not look as good. I think the Celtics know this and want to sell high. The biggest thing he does is rack up assists and that's because he has good players around him. He has no shot at all and alot of the lanes he gets to drive are opened up because the players around him draw defenders. He is not the kind of player you want to rebuild around.

but parker is??

Lakeshow24KB
03-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Cause Boston sucks balls.

ManRam
03-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Because they're doing better :shrug:

And they're doing it without perhaps their best player.

Allen is 36, KG is 35 Pierce is 34
Duncan is 35, Manu is 34, TP is 29

They're a bit younger too.

But yeah, team success is really all it boils down to.

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Cause no one really cares about san antonio enough to even mention them in conversations. They are a boring watch. The years they were the lead team in NBA the league had it's worst t.v ratings. NO one likes san antonio including me

mamba24
03-02-2012, 06:31 PM

Thats exactly it... The Spurs keep winning and the Celtics are below .500 lol... It's not a double standard. They are 2 different teams even though they are both old.

TRF929
03-02-2012, 06:32 PM
San Antonio has class and going to keep Duncan and Manu until they retire

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Thats exactly it... The Spurs keep winning and the Celtics are below .500 lol... It's not a double standard. They are 2 different teams even though they are both old.

how? spurs lost in the first round!!. at least boston swept ny and got beat by a better miami team.

RCarlson85
03-02-2012, 06:34 PM
so rondo, jeff green(if he resigns) isnt a nice core to start with? you think parker, splitter, leonard is gonna win a ship. if anything, those young guys including blair should be trade pieces. without duncan and manu, you are back to square one. just like the celtics.

No I would never want to start a rebuild with Rondo. He's only good because the people around him make him look good. On his own as the main player, the Celtics would be screwed. Jeff Green is a free agent so there are no guarantees with him either. I would still take the Spurs with Parker and the rest 10 times out of 10 over Rondo and even Jeff Green.

meloman1592
03-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Cause no one really cares about san antonio enough to even mention them in conversations. They are a boring watch. The years they were the lead team in NBA the league had it's worst t.v ratings. NO one likes san antonio including me

:clap:

meloman1592
03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
how? spurs lost in the first round!!. at least boston swept ny and got beat by a better miami team.

This is true....

gotoHcarolina52
03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
This is a curious thread

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 06:39 PM
:clap:

Yup and it will kill the NBA's viewership if San Antonio some how made it to finals again this year. No one wants to see MR. Tim Duncan and Tony Parker..

RCarlson85
03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
but parker is??

He's a much better option than Rondo. He's a better all around player because he can actually shoot and create his own shot, but can also distribute the ball like a PG should. He's also not a head case like Rondo is. There's a reason the Celtics want to trade Rondo. If he were so awesome and this great piece to rebuild around, why would the Celtics be trying to trade him? That should tell you everything you need to know right there.

Joshtd1
03-02-2012, 06:43 PM
There were rumors the last couple years about trying to trade Parker and Manu actually..before the draft.

SA isn't going to trade Duncan or Manu anyway, they are retiring as Spurs unless they sign somewhere else. Parker is still somewhat young, but he along with our young pieces in Splitter and Leonard, if we can get a nice wing player next to him we will still be decent.

That and were still winning like others have said. No pressure in trying to break up something that is working.

Joshtd1
03-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Curious now what makes the Spurs so boring? Manu and Parker are boring..really?

ManRam
03-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Yeah, these aren't the Spurs of 5 years ago (I didn't think they were boring back then either). They're a more explosive team thesedays.

TP and Manu are some of the most enjoyable players in the league to watch. Their bench is very exciting. I love watching them actually, and find nothing boring about them.

Punk
03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Look at both team's record. That says enough.

At one point Boston was 0-4 to start the season and only last week they lost to Detroit twice, blown out by younger teams meanwhile the Spurs are winning games playing uptempo ball with youthful role players WITHOUT Manu.

So, the Spurs clearly can still have winning seasons. No championship run but the Spurs still has it. The Celtics CLEARLY don't.

A healthy Boston team beating an injured rattled NY team is hardly impressive. The Spurs lost due to a bad matchup. The way their roster is constructed they didn't and couldn't matchup with Memphis and Manu was injured.

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 06:48 PM

Yes they are very boring. They are not iconic players or transcendent players that fans want to watch play. And the proof is in the T.V ratings they get and have gotten when they were the top team in NBA. They always drew the lowest ratings on television.

None of my friends ever said lets get together and watch the Spurs play a game even if it was against the Lakers

smith&wesson
03-02-2012, 06:50 PM
they should fully combine.

the bostonio spurtics

rondo-t.parker
gino-allen
pierce-green-rj
garnet-bass
duncan-blair

oh ya baby.

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 06:51 PM
i cant believe some of you are falling for this regular season crap. spurs do this every year. we all know they wont make it to the finals. their window was closed years ago.

Joshtd1
03-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Yes they are very boring. They are not iconic players or transcendent players that fans want to watch play. And the proof is in the T.V ratings they get and have gotten when they were the top team in NBA. They always drew the lowest ratings on television.

None of my friends ever said lets get together and watch the Spurs play a game even if it was against the Lakers

what makes them boring? Funny the Celtics that won in 08 were almost exactly like the Spurs championship teams before because they won on defense and shut down players. They had no one really flashy.

So again tell me why they are boring? Manu is one of the flashier players in the league, and Parker's speed and ability to finish is better then most other players.

Not sure who you're a fan of, but since you mentioned Lakers I'll assume its them. What makes them more exciting than the Spurs now? Kobe jacking up the ball every time he touches it?

Joshtd1
03-02-2012, 06:57 PM
i cant believe some of you are falling for this regular season crap. spurs do this every year. we all know they wont make it to the finals. their window was closed years ago.

Best player was injured in the playoffs last year. Not many teams are going to win against a surging team who matched up great with their best player playing with a broken elbow.

ACanadian
03-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Im pretty sure people already said this but..
Look at SA record and then look at Celtic's record, You will see why

Giraffes Rule
03-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I love this thread.

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Best player was injured in the playoffs last year. Not many teams are going to win against a surging team who matched up great with their best player playing with a broken elbow.

excuses. even with a healthy manu, they dont beat that memphis team.

TRF929
03-02-2012, 07:03 PM

He's just talking out of his ***, no basketball IQ, especially how the Spurs work. A lot of NBA fans are not NBA fans, rather glamour fans. In that unless theres a lot of spectacular dunks and showboating they think its boring. Obviously Timmy having 20/20 games in the playoffs, let a lone 3 triple doubles in the playoffs are boring. Some "fan" don't know what true basketball is

Hustlenomics
03-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Rondo made tony Parker his ***** last year tony defense made him look like jordan

theheatles
03-02-2012, 07:13 PM
peep the records

/thread

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 07:18 PM
what makes them boring? Funny the Celtics that won in 08 were almost exactly like the Spurs championship teams before because they won on defense and shut down players. They had no one really flashy.

So again tell me why they are boring? Manu is one of the flashier players in the league, and Parker's speed and ability to finish is better then most other players.

Not sure who you're a fan of, but since you mentioned Lakers I'll assume its them. What makes them more exciting than the Spurs now? Kobe jacking up the ball every time he touches it?

I'm a knick fan, And the fact that the spurs play in san antonio helps make them uninteresting to watch. Whenever the spurs came to the garden no one cared to go watch them or even talk bout them. But when teams like lakers, boston , cavs, etc came in there was a buzz in the air

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 07:19 PM
peep the records

/thread

reg season. means nothing. go look at the last 4 years and you tell me what team has had more success.

Chronz
03-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Because Parker can do what Rondo cant, LEAD.

ThunderousDemon
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
I think the Spurs could win it if they stay healthy.

Cal827
03-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Basketball Reasons.

Giraffes Rule
03-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Look at what each team has outside of their core players. The Celtics have Avery Bradley and Jajuan Johnson. That's pretty much it as far as young player with potential goes. Those are their young pieces going forward. The Spurs have Tiago Splitter, Dejuan Blair, Kawhi Leonard, Cory Joseph, Danny Green, and Gary Neal. With Tony Parker, that's a good place to build off of.

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Look at what each team has outside of their core players. The Celtics have Avery Bradley and Jajuan Johnson. That's pretty much it as far as young player with potential goes. Those are their young pieces going forward. The Spurs have Tiago Splitter, Dejuan Blair, Kawhi Leonard, Cory Joseph, Danny Green, and Gary Neal. With Tony Parker, that's a good place to build off of.

who do you blame for that?? its crazy how spurs have been able to draft talent while winning yet the celts havent. but even with that spurs core led by parker. i still dont see a deep playoff run.

Bramaca
03-02-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm a knick fan, And the fact that the spurs play in san antonio helps make them uninteresting to watch. Whenever the spurs came to the garden no one cared to go watch them or even talk bout them. But when teams like lakers, boston , cavs, etc came in there was a buzz in the air

I think that says more about New York fans then about how the Spurs are suposedly boring. Sounds like the "it" factor is more important then the actual game. The words flakey and bandwagon come to mind.

As for the Spurs, all 3 guys were drafted and have played their full careers in SA winning multiple championships. There is a level of commitment from both sides and when you combine that with them still playing well thereis no reason to break them up.

Allen and Garnett spent most of their careers somewhere else and were basically long term rentals to make a few runs at a title. Mission accomplished, two finals and one title. Level of play has dropped off and its time to move on.

smith&wesson
03-02-2012, 07:42 PM

cmon man. thats bs.

2-ONE-5
03-02-2012, 07:48 PM
this thread isnt closed yet? Does the OP watch or even follow basketball?

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I think that says more about New York fans then about how the Spurs are suposedly boring. Sounds like the "it" factor is more important then the actual game. The words flakey and bandwagon come to mind.

As for the Spurs, all 3 guys were drafted and have played their full careers in SA winning multiple championships. There is a level of commitment from both sides and when you combine that with them still playing well thereis no reason to break them up.

Allen and Garnett spent most of their careers somewhere else and were basically long term rentals to make a few runs at a title. Mission accomplished, two finals and one title. Level of play has dropped off and its time to move on.

best post ive read so far. makes perfect sense and i respect that.

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 07:49 PM
this thread isnt closed yet? Does the OP watch or even follow basketball?

of course i do. do you watch the playoffs or just the regular season? cause if you did you would know that the spurs window has closed just like the celts

Hawkeye15
03-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Unless San Antonio plays it right, they will have the same issue as the Celtics in a couple of years, but right now, they are contenders. That is why.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Because Parker can do what Rondo cant, LEAD.

exactly. What happens when the Spurs are without Manu and resting Timmy? Parker gives them 25 a night, and leads the team on both ends. Parker has shown he can score, distribute, whatever you need. Rondo is one dimensional.

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Unless San Antonio plays it right, they will have the same issue as the Celtics in a couple of years, but right now, they are contenders. That is why.

dont be fooled

topdog
03-02-2012, 08:03 PM
The Spurs have built their roster better - they steadily gather and bring along assets through the draft (Splitter, Anderson, Blair, Neal, ect.) while the Celtics keep trying to re-stock with last-chance vets.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2012, 08:07 PM
dont be fooled

that record with no Manu basically? Yes, they are contenders if Manu gets back healthy for the rest of the season.

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 08:10 PM
cmon man. thats bs.

No it's not, No one ever talked bout the lame spurs when they played the Knicks at all. Only when lebron, lakers , durant or miami heat with wade and shaq came in did ny care.

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 08:12 PM

You would be correct only if the Spurs did not always get the lowest rated National ratings on T.V all the time. Has nothing to do with NY fans solely, it has to do with a whole country not caring bout the Boring spurs

Hawkeye15
03-02-2012, 08:19 PM
The Spurs have built their roster better - they steadily gather and bring along assets through the draft (Splitter, Anderson, Blair, Neal, ect.) while the Celtics keep trying to re-stock with last-chance vets.

thats just it. I was confused at what point Danny Ainge became a good GM, just because there happened to be 2 teams with aging superstars that needed to rebuild, he was able to acquire them. Everyone knew the window was small. 3 years max. Now we go back to seeing what Danny Ainge is all about most likely. The Spurs front office has made few mistakes and won't fall off a cliff as Duncan and Manu age.

Giraffes Rule
03-02-2012, 08:19 PM
who do you blame for that?? its crazy how spurs have been able to draft talent while winning yet the celts havent. but even with that spurs core led by parker. i still dont see a deep playoff run.

I'm not sure what your point is? I'm giving you reasons why it makes sense for Boston to be looking at rebuilding now and why it doesn't make sense for the Spurs. The Spurs can rebuild without trading Manu or Duncan because they already have pieces in place to help the transition. The Celtics don't have that.

True, but the process will be much smoother than the Celtics.

Bramaca
03-02-2012, 08:20 PM
You would be correct only if the Spurs did not always get the lowest rated National ratings on T.V all the time. Has nothing to do with NY fans solely, it has to do with a whole country not caring bout the Boring spurs

The vast majority of fans throughout the country are bandwagoners and aren't real basketball fans. The Spurs are anything but boring but they don't have a marketing cash cow like some other teams. Thats why the ratings drop.

Corey
03-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Because San Antonio still has a legitimate shot at a deep playoff run.

Nycbball08
03-02-2012, 08:28 PM

Do you think if the celts were the 1 or 2 seed in the east you would be hearing these rumors..?

kjoke
03-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Because they don't have to blow it up. I think theres a common misconception than in order to rebuild, you have to slash what you already have. The Spurs draft good, pick up good FA, have a great coach, and can get prospects that produce from almost anywhere. They are already in a rebuilding mode, you just can't see it.

Toxeryll
03-02-2012, 08:31 PM
because the sky is blue

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure what your point is? I'm giving you reasons why it makes sense for Boston to be looking at rebuilding now and why it doesn't make sense for the Spurs. The Spurs can rebuild without trading Manu or Duncan because they already have pieces in place to help the transition. The Celtics don't have that.

True, but the process will be much smoother than the Celtics.

actually if anything. its gonna be worse because now the spurs are at best a low 7-8 seed without duncan/manu. and now you wont get a top pick. spurs have nice assets. but they wont have a star.

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Because San Antonio still has a legitimate shot at a deep playoff run.

stop it please. do you really believe that??? duncan is on his last legs. ITS OVER

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Do you think if the celts were the 1 or 2 seed in the east you would be hearing these rumors..?

YES. we have been hearing rumors about the celts for over 2 years now. please, especially the rondo rumors and the ray allen rumors. now this is the first year its really gotten heavy when you start to talk about trading pierce and kg.

Laker Legend42
03-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Since the death of Len bias the celtics have had horrible luck when it comes to player transition.two deaths then the trade for green who ends up with heart issues. The season before kg and ray Allen I think they had the worse record in the league and couldn't get a top 2 pick. I think it's smart for them to try and trade these guys rather than holding on until they have no value. In the 90's the lakers and celtics tried to hold on to that 80's magic a bit too long

daboywonder2002
03-02-2012, 08:50 PM
i see a lot of you guys praising the spurs saying they are winning. but to me its fools good. spurs have a lot of great COMPLIMENTARY PIECES. thats it. spurs are not a championship team. only a fool cant see that. problem is that the spurs are gonna be stuck with low draft picks and tony parker. unless they can somehow either trade for a superstar or trade into the top 10 in the nba draft.

2-ONE-5
03-02-2012, 08:59 PM
of course i do. do you watch the playoffs or just the regular season? cause if you did you would know that the spurs window has closed just like the celts

Your window isnt closed bcuz of one early playoff exit. They bounced back this year and are quietly contenders. The Celtics are a .500 team at best and will go out in the first round. You keep talking about Duncan and Manu aging but keep forgetting that they arent reliant on those two. Manu has been out a while now and they are still winning. They have good depth and a great coach too. Have you watched Parker play? Jefferson is having a great year from beyond, Splitter and Blair have improved greatly. You are just a moron hating on the Spurs for some reason

waveycrockett
03-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Because it's not realistic to expect them to trade Duncan no matter how past his prime he is any more than the Bulls should have traded MJ or Jazz traded Malone

Giraffes Rule
03-02-2012, 09:30 PM
stop it please. do you really believe that??? duncan is on his last legs. ITS OVER

Everyone in here has given very good reasons for the Spurs not needing to trade away their stars. All you've done is basically say "NOPE YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE I'M RIGHT." You have zero reason behind your claims and dismiss everything anyone else says. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Meh, not worth getting a warning over.

WildcatsPride
03-02-2012, 10:36 PM
You answered your own question. It's b/c the Spurs are still winning, Celtics are barely afloat in the Eastern conference. Spurs aren't as old as the Celtics either, Duncan and Ginobili are the only old ones. Also the Spurs have some good young pieces like Kawhi Leonard, Dejuan Blair,Tiago Splitter, and others.

kdspurman
03-02-2012, 10:38 PM
West is wide open. Boston has no chance with competing in the east. None at all. If spurs are healthy, anything can happen out west.

And btw.. They are rebuilding. Just have their core guys in place. Hence the reason they're now the 10th oldest team. They're younger. I'd love to see Boston win this many games without their best player. They just dont have the depth. They need to blow it up to try and get a big name to give them a fighters chance.

waveycrockett
03-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Even tho I completely disagree with trading Duncan and Manu Realistically tho the Spurs have zero shot of winning a championship. Getting past teams like the Mavs, Lakers and Clips in a 7 game series will be hard enough but beating the Thunder and Heat is completely unrealistic. The fact is they are still a very good team and the league needs as many good small market teams as it can get.

kdspurman
03-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Even tho I completely disagree with trading Duncan and Manu Realistically tho the Spurs have zero shot of winning a championship. Getting past teams like the Mavs, Lakers and Clips in a 7 game series will be hard enough but beating the Thunder and Heat is completely unrealistic. The fact is they are still a very good team and the league needs as many good small market teams as it can get.

you didn't mention any teams spurs can't beat in a 7 game series except Miami. Okc is vastly overrated by ESPN, mavs and Lakers have their issues and the Clips? Seriously? They are an unproven team. They're basically like the hornets from a few yrs back and that team was better defensively. Losing billups was a huge loss. You'll see that in the playoffs.

MickeyMgl
03-02-2012, 10:55 PM

It's too bad, because that's your answer.

MickeyMgl
03-02-2012, 11:02 PM

You believe that the Spurs' window is as closed as the Celtics'. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. The fact is that there is less evidence of that than there is for the Celtics.

faridk89
03-02-2012, 11:08 PM

If they are playing well and have one of the best records in the NBA...how in the #@%! can you possibly say their window has closed...sometimes I wonder how people like you exist in this world, no rational behind your statement at all

lvlheaded
03-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Because the Spurs are still winning and are probably the best run organization in the NBA for more than a decade. Seriously this team is a top 4 seed in the west every year and you rarely see them give out a bad contract. And Pop is probably the best coach in the game right now. Once they stop being good like the Celts have, you will see the Spurs make adjustments. Granted, with how well run they are, I don't really see them falling off too much. Their FO will be able to keep them afloat IMO

waveycrockett
03-02-2012, 11:26 PM
you didn't mention any teams spurs can't beat in a 7 game series except Miami. Okc is vastly overrated by ESPN, mavs and Lakers have their issues and the Clips? Seriously? They are an unproven team. They're basically like the hornets from a few yrs back and that team was better defensively. Losing billups was a huge loss. You'll see that in the playoffs.

OKC is a great team with YOUNG legs, size AND playoff experience. Spurs would really get smoked in that series. At best they would MAYBE take 2 games against OKC but you got to consider they will probably already be worn out by playing Lakers or Mavs before they even get to OKC so I expect them to get swept. Clips are this years Grizz. If you seriously can't see how CP3/Griffin/Jordan can give Spurs issues I just have to point to last years playoffs.

Joshtd1
03-03-2012, 12:25 AM
OKC is a great team with YOUNG legs, size AND playoff experience. Spurs would really get smoked in that series. At best they would MAYBE take 2 games against OKC but you got to consider they will probably already be worn out by playing Lakers or Mavs before they even get to OKC so I expect them to get swept. Clips are this years Grizz. If you seriously can't see how CP3/Griffin/Jordan can give Spurs issues I just have to point to last years playoffs.

Funny thing is OKC is a team I honestly feel we match up great against, and is a resaon why we have won most of our games against them.

The Mavs without Chandler don't scare me as much because he was a big presence for them.

Lakers just because they actually have two inside threats and Kobe, but only if their bigs are utilized right and have to see how we play them this year.

The Clips only have Griffin as an inside presence for offense. Martin/Jordan aren't going to kill them, and again they are still unproven in the playoffs.

The biggest difference this year is that Splitter is actually playing..its always nice to have a 7 footer who can produce on offense and play pretty damn good D. And we have a guy in Leonard to throw at the other teams best player, something we didn't have last year. Oh and hopefully Manu is healthy.

Joshtd1
03-03-2012, 12:27 AM
The West is wide open. Everything is based on matchups, as we saw last season. The one team I hope the Spurs avoid is LA, but thats because I know how good they could be if Gasol and Bynum are productive for them.

I honestly think OKC/SA/Dallas/LA and maybe even the Clips could come out this year, compared to the East where it's basically Miami or Chicago at this point.

nytunnelvision
03-03-2012, 01:13 AM
san antonio builds through the draft, they know they aren't going to attract a big name in free agency.

some of these boston rumors seem to have clearing cap space as a motive, and boston built this current team through acquiring players, not really the draft (besides rondo). so SA and boston go about their business very differently.

also, duncan, ginobli, parker are life long spurs. trading one of them would go against what that organization is all about, especially duncan. garnett and allen don't have that same sentimental factor even tho they won a title in boston. i feel like pierce is the celtic they're least likely to trade b/c he's been with them thru everything.

and boston's a bigger market with more scrutiny and a greater sense of urgency. they can't go through another rebuilding period, while i would guess san antonio would rather stay loyal and take a dip in a few years (which might not even happen with the way they can just find guys seemingly from the local ymca) than trade any of their big three.

and san antonio is one of the most well run organizations in the league, even if they were thinking about making moves, nobody would hear about it. there were parker rumors 2 summers ago but that's about it.

boston already set the precedent for breaking up their core by trading perkins (thanks danny...) san antonio has never given any indications of breaking up that i know of.

kdspurman
03-03-2012, 01:38 AM
The West is wide open. Everything is based on matchups, as we saw last season. The one team I hope the Spurs avoid is LA, but thats because I know how good they could be if Gasol and Bynum are productive for them.

I honestly think OKC/SA/Dallas/LA and maybe even the Clips could come out this year, compared to the East where it's basically Miami or Chicago at this point.

Definitely need to avoid LA. And even Portland would give us fits. Memphis I don't think will be an issue. We've beaten them 3 times this year. They won't lose a series to them again. OKC/Dallas/Clips not really concerned with.

sunsfan88
03-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Do people here think before they make threads?

Spurs are still winning and are a top 3 team in the West while the Celtics are barely in the playoff picture in the weak East.

Seriously, can a mod close this thread up please?

lakersfan01
03-03-2012, 03:47 AM
I don't know that there is any pressure, just speculation. Boston does need a dynamic talented big added to their roster to contend, or they can start over and rebuild this summer with Garnett and Allen coming off the books. I don't see them getting out of the East beating Miami and Chicago. Lot of up and comers like NY, Philly, and Indiana as well.

I could see the Spurs coming out of the West. They've been rolling, without Ginoboli!!! Why break up the Spurs?

Lakers are in a similiar boat as Boston, they both have holes they need to address or blow it up. Lakers need a point guard, Boston needs a pf/c...

abe_froman
03-03-2012, 03:56 AM
cant tell if this is suppose to be serious

spurs are among tops in the west,have been able to find quality youth to supplement their aging roster;while celtics are low seed and havent been able to get younger

lakersfan01
03-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Gasol/Fisher/McRoberts for Rondo/Bass/O'neal

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6mc8fq9

Rondo/Bryant/Peace/Bass/Bynum, Blake/Goudelock/Barnes/Murphy/O'neal

Bradley/Allen/Pierce/Garnett/Gasol, Fisher/Pietrus/Johnson/McRoberts/Wilcox

Lakers vs Celtics 2012 Finals

DaBear
03-03-2012, 05:38 AM
This thread should be closed for stupidity.

kobe4thewinbang
03-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Guys, San Antonio has been weak for years. Sure they beat the Cavs (lol) in 2007 but that was 5 years ago. Since then, they've gotten clobbered in the playoffs. They SHOULD be trading someone, at least RJ, for more younger talent. Their best days are behind them.

daboywonder2002
03-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Guys, San Antonio has been weak for years. Sure they beat the Cavs (lol) in 2007 but that was 5 years ago. Since then, they've gotten clobbered in the playoffs. They SHOULD be trading someone, at least RJ, for more younger talent. Their best days are behind them.

thank you for seeing what i see. i for one am not fooled by their regular season. think about this. wasnt boston winning when they traded perkins?? sure they said it was because perk wouldnt resign. but maybe they were trying to look at the bigger picture. also boston has been in trade rumors even when they were winning. it didnt just start this year. i see simiarities between the teams. they both are aging and their window has closed. spurs window is not open. why cant some of yall see that. if they dont get to the wcf, then this thread needs to remain

kdspurman
03-03-2012, 01:39 PM
thank you for seeing what i see. i for one am not fooled by their regular season. think about this. wasnt boston winning when they traded perkins?? sure they said it was because perk wouldnt resign. but maybe they were trying to look at the bigger picture. also boston has been in trade rumors even when they were winning. it didnt just start this year. i see simiarities between the teams. they both are aging and their window has closed. spurs window is not open. why cant some of yall see that. if they dont get to the wcf, then this thread needs to remain

You sure you didn't create a 2nd account and aren't responding to yourself? :)

kdspurman
03-03-2012, 01:40 PM

Spurs are Much younger. It's obvious you don't pay attention to details. Trading RJ is no easy feat.

dtmagnet
03-03-2012, 02:27 PM
San Antonio tried to trade Parker to the Raptors for their #5 pick last season...

sixer04fan
03-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Because the Spurs are actually good...?