PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Ray Allen drawing interest from Clippers; Paul Pierce from Clippers, Lakers

JordansBulls
03-02-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.celticstown.com/2012/03/01/ray-allen-reportedly-drawing-interest-from-clippers-paul-pierce-from-clippers-lakers-rockets/

Among those believed to have some interest in Allen, are the Los Angeles Clippers. With the season-ending injury to Chauncey Billups, the Clippers have a huge void to fill at the shooting guard position.

As for Pierce, he still has two years remaining on his contract after this season (the final year is partially guaranteed), but hes still one of the better one-on-one scorers in the NBA. Adding a player like Pierce, either as a starter or coming off the bench, could provide some much-needed depth to a title contender or a playoff team looking to improve their standing. Some of the teams believed to have interest in Pierce include both of his hometown teams the Los Angeles Lakers and the Clippers as well as the Houston Rockets.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-02-2012, 05:21 PM
What can either team offer?

LTBaByyy
03-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Clippers have no trade assets!!! Really?

Method28
03-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Clippers have no trade assets!!! Really?
Only Mo and Eric Bledsoe really. Better make that one move count.

JNA17
03-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Lakers trade Degin Ebanks, Andrew Goudelock, Metta World Peace and a pick for Pierce.
Lakers Trade Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum in a three way for Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Hedo.
Lakers get back Lamar Odom again after he opts out of Dallas.

PG: Jameer Nelson
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Lamar Odom
C: Dwight Howard
Sixth Man: Hedo

You heard it here first ;).

xnick5757
03-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Lakers trade Degin Ebanks, Andrew Goudelock, Metta World Peace and a pick for Pierce.
Lakers Trade Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum in a three way for Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Hedo.

lakers trade:

pau gasol

celtics trade:

rondo
JO

helps both teams

LdotAdot
03-02-2012, 05:42 PM

The new CBA prevents any player from joining the team that traded him after they got cut. So unless Odom is traded to some other team then cut he can't come back to the lakers until next season.

meloman1592
03-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Yes CLippers!!!! Get Ray Ray!!!!! or pierce idc..fill that sg spot and you're the wc champs

thedfactor
03-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Allen on the Clippers would really help them, but they don't have anything the Celtics really want. Boston won't have interest in Mo or Bledsoe IMO.

championships
03-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Please god NO!!! I would hate to see that P***Y Pierce in a Laker uniform :puke:

Celticsfan2007
03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
^ I could see the C's having interest in Mo, but only if Rondo is dealt for a big man.

JNA17
03-02-2012, 05:50 PM
What if the Clippers were dealing Deandre Jordan?

jailedgiantsfan
03-02-2012, 05:51 PM

Man all you lakers fans dream soooooooo much:rolleyes:

Lakerfan8032
03-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Please god NO!!! I would hate to see that P***Y Pierce in a Laker uniform :puke:

I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't care if it helped, **** no. Same with Garnett. I can't stand that ****er.

HouRealCoach
03-02-2012, 05:54 PM

The new CBA prevents any player from joining the team that traded him after they got cut. So unless Odom is traded to some other team then cut he can't come back to the lakers until next season.

He wouldnt be able to come back until 2014 or 2015 really

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Boston should just let Allen and Garnett expire this summer and let those 2 retire in a Celtics jersey.

KmB728
03-02-2012, 05:57 PM

:drunk:

AI
03-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Allen on the Clippers would be crazy.

Iron24th
03-02-2012, 05:58 PM

There's dreamers in every fanbase, they aren't all the same,any fanbase has optimist,pessimist guys :rolleyes:

Birdmannn
03-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Pierce off the bench is just stupid in my opinion. Not yet anyways

smith&wesson
03-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Pierce in a lakers uni ? weird.

meloman1592
03-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Allen to the Clips! Make it happen...they're the only team in the west I like

shep33
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't get what Boston is looking for in a Pierce deal. It'd be absolutely ideal for them to trade him though. I don't want to see it happend, but they essentially get rid of their biggest contract by dealing him.

I could see Ray go to the Clips if Rondo is moving. Really no need for Mo and Bledsoe if Rondo is still there. Why not just keep Ray in that situation, since Mo is also an expiring plus he'd leave this summer anyways.

Celts should just hang onto Ray... try and trade Pierce though, get that contract off the books.

hgtiger32
that pierce idea that one guy had earlier is flat out hilarious

foonaka

Not all of us. Only the ones stuck down in Inglewood with nothing else to do but smoke blunts and dream up fantasy trades.

The goods
03-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I wonder if we can swing a deal for rondo,jo,and PP it'd be nice but doubtful.

Lakeshow24KB
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Not all of us. Only the ones stuck down in Inglewood with nothing else to do but smoke blunts and dream up fantasy trades.

Lol agreed.

Corey
03-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Allen to the Clips! Make it happen...they're the only team in the west I like

Clippers have nothing to trade that would be beneficial to the Celtics.

MJ-BULLS
03-02-2012, 06:25 PM
i hope the bulls get into this.

Alwaysballin247
03-02-2012, 06:26 PM
why make the clippers better when the celtics have their 1st round pick ha..either way a 3rd team would have to be involved.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79l9uvn

justjames
03-02-2012, 06:32 PM
No prominent Celtic should ever play for the Lakers.

KmB728
03-02-2012, 06:32 PM
i hope the bulls get into this.

I would love Korver + a pick :)

jrm2054
03-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Lol at the article saying Pierce coming off the bench he would flip

Punk
03-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Don't be surprised if the Celtics make this trade:

Clippers get: Ray Allen, Paul Pierce.
Celtics get: Eric Bledsoe, Mo Williams, Ryan Gomes, Trey Tompkins, Travis Leslie, Reggie Evans.

Then, trade Rondo for actual value (Step Curry, etc)

Clippers would have a starting lineup of Paul, Allen, Pierce, Griffin, Jordan.

Celtics then begin rebuilding and trading Rondo for draft picks and established players.

KmB728
03-02-2012, 06:40 PM

Celtics get: Eric Bledsoe, Mo Williams, Ryan Gomes, Trey Tompkins, Travis Leslie, Reggie Evans.

No way the Celtics give up both Paul and Ray to the Clippers who have almost nothing of value to offer...

xILLN355
03-02-2012, 06:50 PM
What if the Clippers were dealing Deandre Jordan?
they'd be one of the worst defensive teams in the league if they trade him

jimmyb33
03-02-2012, 07:09 PM

Celtics then begin rebuilding and trading Rondo for draft picks and established players.

really? cause i would be in complete shock if the celtics made that trade

that will never happen

MJ-BULLS
03-02-2012, 07:12 PM

I would like that. :)

Branwegner84
03-02-2012, 07:33 PM

It would have to be more, but I would love Allen on the Bulls. He would be prefect it Thibs offense and next to Rose.

Korver(team option next year, Watson(team option next year or flip for a pick), and a pick. If it was truly needed, even though I really wouldn't to, I would add Butler if the Cs really push for some more younger talent.

The Bulls sign back Mike James and go into the playoffs with a rotation of:
Rose/James/Lucas
Allen/Rip
Deng/Brewer/Butler
Boozer/Gibson/Scal
Noah/Asik

numba1CHANGsta
03-02-2012, 07:58 PM
^ I could see the C's having interest in Mo, but only if Rondo is dealt for a big man.

How about Rondo+Pierce for Pau+Fillers+2 draft picks

and then Ray Allen for Mo or Bledsoe?

Punk
03-02-2012, 07:59 PM
No way the Celtics give up both Paul and Ray to the Clippers who have almost nothing of value to offer...

What makes you think a team is going to give up for those two? Not much. Allen is going to be a free agent. Pierce isn't going to get alot of value. Nobody is giving up draft picks for him.

The Celtics would get a decent talent in Bledsoe. They would get all they need in a Rondo trade and get Jeff Green next season.

You really think the Celtics are just going to rebuild without wanting to be terrible to get some lottery picks for Austin Rivers?

samevans7
03-02-2012, 08:27 PM

Rebuilding isn't the same thing as tanking. And I would only tank if we got a young stud and/or picks in return, which we dont here

JordansBulls
03-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Rebuilding isn't the same thing as tanking. And I would only tank if we got a young stud and/or picks in return, which we dont here

That also depends on if there is a stud in the draft.