PDA

View Full Version : Baron Davis says the Knicks will win the 2012 NBA Championship

Pages : [1] 2

Melo4MVP2012
03-02-2012, 01:53 PM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/03/02/baron.davis.predicts.championship.knicks.season

“I see a banner ... right in the middle between those two,” he says. To the left of the 1972-73 championship banner sits the 1969-70 championship banner. And the banner in the middle says? “2011-12 New York Knicks,” Davis says.

------------------------------------------------------------

“And I think that we’ll come out of nowhere, and we’ll do it.”

------------------------------------------------------------

Davis, the team D.J., has yet to do his thing at a Manhattan club. “I probably will,” he says. “Once we win the championship.

houghts?

imo, the knicks have the best shot in the east to win, lin, davis,melo,stat, and harrelson? who is beating them in 7?

and we have the #benchmob of shumpert,jeffreis and novack

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Troll, flamebait, lock, delete, ban.

tredigs
Oh.

You poor things...

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
Just stop

D1JM
Wow

llemon
That's exactly what Baron Davis should be saying

tredigs
03-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Nobody's beating them in 7 though. I will give him that.

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Nobody's beating them in 7 though. I will give him that.

You're right, 5 or 6 is all it will take :D

haggis
03-02-2012, 01:57 PM
:laugh2:

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Why the hell does everyone want to steal benchmob from us? Bulls have the benchmob, get your own thing.

DieHardColtsfan
03-02-2012, 01:58 PM
The Knicks will win the NBA Championship.....(eventually)...

tredigs
03-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Is March 2nd some kind of honorary troll day on PSD? Non-stop lately.

I'll check back another time.

310Casper
03-02-2012, 01:59 PM
A player saying his team will win the championship.

Shocking.

Rivera
03-02-2012, 02:00 PM
hey at least he has confidence in his guys which your supposed to

i swear i feel like some team just might sneak up on us all and win it all its just been a wierd season overall (besides miami just being so good throughout the year)

BklynKnicks3
03-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Lets go Baron we supposed to think that way

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Lets go Baron we supposed to think that way

Yeah, privately. Not in public where people can laugh at you.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 02:04 PM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/03/02/baron.davis.predicts.championship.knicks.season

houghts?

imo, the knicks have the best shot in the east to win, lin, davis,melo,stat, and harrelson? who is beating them in 7?

http://i43.tinypic.com/140e0cg.png

Baller1
03-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Ok Baron.

As it stands right now, no one is beating OKC or Miami in a seven game series. God I want to see that Finals matchup so bad. :pray:

dnl123
03-02-2012, 02:06 PM
If the bottom half of the East didn't suck so much they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Davis should have said "we're going to be the 7th or 8th seed and get swept by Miami or Chicago."

DR_1
03-02-2012, 02:08 PM
:laugh2: He's confident I'll give him that lol

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Ok Baron.

As it stands right now, no one is beating OKC or Miami in a seven game series. God I want to see that Finals matchup so bad. :pray:

At least 2 teams in the East can beat OKC in the finals. OKC will struggle deep in the playoffs, they have 2 players that account for 66% of their offense. They turn the ball over a lot. They're one of the lowest assisting teams in the league. Their half court offense is not good, mostly its a lot of iso and jumpers.

DR_1
03-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Ok Baron.

The Chicago Bulls say hello.

dnl123
03-02-2012, 02:11 PM
At least 2 teams in the East can beat OKC in the finals. OKC will struggle deep in the playoffs, they have 2 players that account for 66% of their offense. They turn the ball over a lot. They're one of the lowest assisting teams in the league. Their half court offense is not good, mostly its a lot of iso and jumpers.

Just so we're clear, those two teams are Chicago and Miami right?

Baller1
03-02-2012, 02:11 PM

I've already said that I think Miami will beat OKC in the finals if that were the matchup, Chicago would be a closer matchup for OKC, which is another very likely matchup.

All those concerns you have for the Thunder are the same concerns from last season. I'm aware we lost in the WCF, but right now we're winning despite a poor coach and the ridiculous amount of turnovers.

GOON MUSIC
03-02-2012, 02:12 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^

Baller1
03-02-2012, 02:12 PM
The Chicago Bulls say hello.

I don't think Chicago will beat Miami in a series. I think they obviously have a solid shot, but I don't think they will.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-02-2012, 02:13 PM
You say you will win the championship and use Harrellson, Jeffries, Shumpert and Novak as examples?

LMAO

dnl123
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM
^ I agree ^

DR_1
03-02-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't think Chicago will beat Miami in a series. I think they obviously have a solid shot, but I don't think they will.

Ok, I thought you were saying OKC v Mia was a no-brainer. Mia-chi will be for sure be a great series, I think we agree on that ;)

Iron24th
03-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Please

Baller1
03-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Ok, I thought you were saying OKC v Mia was a no-brainer. Mia-chi will be for sure be a great series, I think we agree on that ;)

Yeah, I just meant that I think Miami is going to take the East. In my opinion, Chicago is the only team that even stands a chance of taking them down.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Also, you didn't even mention Chandler lol.

Yet again, this is why the Knicks fans get so much **** from PSD.

naps

houghts?

What? Can they first make the playoffs? You must be trolling. What a shame for Knicks fanbase...smh...

Jint.
" The Knicks Will Lose"

source: Baron Davis

Is that better..?

CudiOnMyiPod
03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
" The Knicks Will Lose"

Is that better..?

What would you say if Brandon Knight came out and said: "Detroit is going to win the Championship this year."?

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 02:26 PM
" The Knicks Will Lose"

Is that better..?

lol - I really cant wait until the playoffs. If the Knicks represent the East I dont know what will happen to this forum lol.

jp611
03-02-2012, 02:27 PM
:laugh:

Beltrans Mole
03-02-2012, 02:31 PM
What would you say if Brandon Knight came out and said: "Detroit is going to win the Championship this year."?

Yeah because Detroit and the Knicks have exactly the same chances of winning it all this year, right? :rolleyes:

Sadds The Gr8
03-02-2012, 02:34 PM
they need to arrest the drug dealer that sold him that shitload of crack

He115ing
03-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Love the confidence Baron has in the team. I don't know about a championship this year, but I think the Knicks can pull a few tricks in the post season

thephoenixson28
03-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Bet you he wont get it tattooed.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah because Detroit and the Knicks have exactly the same chances of winning it all this year, right? :rolleyes:

Close

knicks-0.3%
pistons-0.0%

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds/_/sort/champsOdds

metsfan99999
03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Successful troll is successful

ChicagoRox
03-02-2012, 02:38 PM
I completely agree that Baron has the right attitude. But they way the OP started was completely wrong. Don't act arrogant then ask for thoughts. Your are an embarrassment to the Knick's fan base. Homerish ish like that should stay in the Knicks forum. You are ruining it for the Knick's fans that are intelligent.

But I believe the Knicks have a chance. Heck all teams that make the playoffs do and nothing is a foregone conclusion. All you need to do is get hot at the right time (See last years Mavs).

valade16
03-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Close

knicks-0.3%
pistons-0.0%

Yes, because Hollinger is such a definitive source of information :rolleyes:

I mean, he sure called those Nuggets didn't he!

DoMeFavors
03-02-2012, 02:40 PM
So a team that wouldnt make the playoffs in the West is winning the championship?

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Close

knicks-0.3%
pistons-0.0%

rofl, pwnd.

Let's be real here, the Knicks havent been out of the 1st round in forever. They have a very low chance of beating the Heat or Bulls in the playoffs. Where are the realistic, non-homer Knicks fans?

nickdymez
03-02-2012, 02:42 PM
You say you will win the championship and use Harrellson, Jeffries, Shumpert and Novak as examples?

LMAO

That picture in your sig is the funniest thing i've ever seen

CudiOnMyiPod
03-02-2012, 02:42 PM

Yeah. None.

I'm sorry but a team that has not won a playoff GAME in ten years isn't going to win the title the same year they finally win a game.

They have a "rookie" PG starting.
Their best defender is a rookie.
Amare is god awful this year.
Carmelo isn't a franchise player at all.
Their bench is Davis, Smith, Jeffries, Novak, Shumpert, Harrellson.

Please wait at least a year or two before crowing the Knicks champions. In fact, win a playoff game first...

DoMeFavors
03-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Are the knicks going to get their first playoff win in 12 years?

Sinestro
03-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Close

knicks-0.3%
pistons-0.0%

CudiOnMyiPod
03-02-2012, 02:46 PM
That picture in your sig is the funniest thing i've ever seen

Yeah haha kinda looks like this:

http://thoughtsonboxing.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/muhammad_ali_versus_sonny_liston.jpg

Classic.

nickdymez
PSD hates the Knicks so much its ridiculous. I think they have a real shot at doing something big

goNYgoNYgo

this shows your lack of knowledge of the sport.

your comparing a team that is not even making the playoffs to a team on the rise? A team whose won 10 of the last 13 games. A team who finally has ALL it's players healthy? A team that is dangerously deep?

The hating is ridiculous. We know we had a bad start, but we didn't have our full team. We didn't even have a pg, and once we got one, we are 10-3. Added Baron Davis and JR Smith to the backcourt. Got a good defensive guard in Iman Shumpert who also is second in the league for steals. And then we have Steve Novak a.k.a. Novakane a.k.a. SuperNova who is the best 3 pt shooter in the league.

I'm not even gonna mention our starting line up.

So you sir, your statement is erroneous. Have a good day.

nickdymez
Yeah haha kinda looks like this:

http://thoughtsonboxing.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/muhammad_ali_versus_sonny_liston.jpg

Classic.

lmfao

dnewguy
03-02-2012, 02:47 PM
A Joke making a joke. Go above .500 then we'll talk about your chances of getting out the first round.

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 02:47 PM
just look at my sig, and that's my response to this thread.

but i do respect baron for having confidence in this team. i just won't say anything ridiculous like "we're the favorites. **** the heat and the bulls, they're trash."

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 02:49 PM

your comparing a team that is not even making the playoffs to a team on the rise? A team whose won 10 of the last 13 games. A team who finally has ALL it's players healthy? A team that is dangerously deep?

The hating is ridiculous. We know we had a bad start, but we didn't have our full team. We didn't even have a pg, and once we got one, we are 10-3. Added Baron Davis and JR Smith to the backcourt. Got a good defensive guard in Iman Shumpert who also is second in the league for steals. And then we have Steve Novak a.k.a. Novakane a.k.a. SuperNova who is the best 3 pt shooter in the league.

uh oh, watch out! The Knicks have won 10 of 13 games! You know what that means? CHAMPIONSHIP!

Iman Shumpert, the Wade stopper. The Lebron stopper! Look out Heat, Iman Shumpert is gonna shut you down.

Ohhh...Knicks fans... you make me laugh. get out of the Knicks forum once in a while and look around at a little thing called reality please.

PatsSoxKnicks
03-02-2012, 02:49 PM

I'd rather have OKC's problem (having 3 players account for a large portion of their offense) than Chicago's problem in the playoffs. The Bulls bench is phenomenal, however that gets a bit neutralized in the playoffs because the starters play heavier minutes. If I were the Bulls, I'd still be a bit worried about where their offense comes from if Rose is having an off day. Their offensive approach is more of the quantity approach vs. the quality approach of OKC. And in the playoffs, again, quality typically wins over.

As for the turnovers, OKC is still a young team and that is a fixable problem. I'd much rather be a team that turns the ball over a lot vs. a team that doesn't shoot the ball well. A team is much more likely to improve its turnover problem than it is to improve the fact that it doesn't shoot very well.

Whether their halfcourt offense is good or not, they're 2nd in the NBA in offensive efficiency. They're also 2nd in the league in TS%.

BTW, the idea that OKC's halfcourt offense isn't good is false. And also, even if they only run iso's, they rank 1st in the NBA in points per possession on iso's. They also rank 4th in the NBA in points per possession on P&R ball handler situations. They're 8th in the NBA on the P&R Roll man situations. They're 3rd in the NBA in ppp on hand offs, 2nd in the NBA in ppp on cuts. And actually, only 8th in the NBA in transition. So yeah, they do have a good halfcourt offense.

The only thing you got right was that they are a low assisting team, however, when you shoot/score the ball extremely well, that doesn't matter as much.

To be honest, if its OKC vs. Chi (which I doubt it will be because I don't think Chicago will beat Miami), I'm picking OKC because I'm just not convinced my Chicago's offense. It's been very good this year but I still feel its more suited to the regular season than the playoffs (and having that crap load of depth for this year's compressed season helps tremendously). Although, if they do get by Miami, I'd probably think differently about the Bulls.

goNYgoNYgo
03-02-2012, 02:52 PM
I completely agree that Baron has the right attitude. But they way the OP started was completely wrong. Don't act arrogant then ask for thoughts. Your are an embarrassment to the Knick's fan base. Homerish ish like that should stay in the Knicks forum. You are ruining it for the Knick's fans that are intelligent.

But I believe the Knicks have a chance. Heck all teams that make the playoffs do and nothing is a foregone conclusion. All you need to do is get hot at the right time (See last years Mavs).

Relax. He's not a real Knick fan. He's a troll. He only posted the part of the article so he could get a rise out of everybody. This is what was written:

On one hand, athletes need to show confidence in the abilities of their team to win games. That's all that Baron Davis is doing here. He beleives the Knicks are playing winning basketball, and should be viewed as a real title contender. On the other hand, the comments by Baron Davis here border on making a championship guarantee. The Knicks are currently the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference, not exactly championship title contenders based on their record.

P Styles
03-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I like seeing this kind of confidence from players, but let's be real.

The Knicks were recently SMOKED by the Heat, and if you watched that game you know the Heat are in a different class than the Knicks.

As a fan I want a championship or bust, but that's not likely to happen. I just cant see us beating the Heat or Bulls to make it out of the East, and as much as the Knicks are improved they still haven't shown that championship pedigree (they are constantly beat by "inferior" teams).

chicago lulz
03-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Nothing wrong with what Baron said. A lot wrong with what the troll said.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-02-2012, 02:55 PM
all the usual Knick trolls are out today. Baron shoulda said NOT 1,2,3 .... Why stop at 1

Gritz
03-02-2012, 02:56 PM
The hangdang strikes again

CudiOnMyiPod

I am very knowledgeable of the sport. Thank You.

Congratulations. New York has had a hot stretch. If championships were determined by hot stretches then San Antonio is the champions.

Adding Davis and Smith is good but not great. Both are chuckers. Quit acting like this is prime Davis and Smith isn't a ballhog.

Steve Novak is one of the top 3 point shooters, not the best... And he does nothing else.

Your starting lineup:

Lin: Has played 15 or so games in the NBA. He's good. You think he can lead a team to a championship this early? Hell no.
Fields: He is a solid starter.
Carmelo: Aside from his great scoring numbers, please tell me what he has done in the NBA.
Amare: He has had a great resume offensively but he can't defend and is having such a bad year that every Knicks fan hates him.
Chandler: Top notch defensive center.

What about that team screams "No one has a chance and they are the clear favorites?"

I think of "Team that can be a tough matchup in the first round and seocnd round but won't honestly contend for another year or two."

That is a good compliment but Lord knows if you aren't saying they are the favorites, they don't have the best bench, and no one can beat them you are a hater...

TheFonz
woo hoo, so realistic non-homer Knicks fans do exist? :clap:

These last few posts by Knicks fans have pleased me. Why don't these smart Knicks fans post here more often?

Master Mind
03-02-2012, 02:57 PM
No comment

Weezy
03-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Nothing wrong with what Baron said. A lot wrong with what the troll said.

LMFAO @ your sig man. :clap:

goNYgoNYgo
03-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Close

knicks-0.3%
pistons-0.0%

isn't that close when your look at teams chance of making the playoffs

knicks- 80.9%
pistons- 1%

and these are stats, which don't mean ****. they don't take into account if your had a bad start, injuries, or anything. u my friend, need to watch some games.

knicks=love

debatable. novak is practically making every shot he takes right now, but i'd go with brandon rush right now for the best 3 point shooter in the league.

and our bench make look good now, but we also just played the cavs. we lost and played like **** to the heat.. we have 3 tough games coming up and that should be the real test (all road games, too) against boston, dallas, and san antonio.

this thread has run it's course. i'm not surprised a knicks fan created this thread to be honest. if anything, this should've gone in the knicks forum but by putting it here, it'll just cause more drama on this site and more hatred towards the knicks fan base.

Master Mind
http://blog.daysofwonder.com/wp-content/dow-uploads/2009/01/trolls-en.jpg

Weezy
03-02-2012, 02:59 PM

These last few posts by Knicks fans have pleased me. Why don't these smart Knicks fans post here more often?

You seriously have 0 right to call out the Knicks fan base. You joined last month of this year. Congratz on your 1 month buddy :rolleyes:

nickdymez
03-02-2012, 02:59 PM
http://blog.daysofwonder.com/wp-content/dow-uploads/2009/01/trolls-en.jpg

lmfao

nickdymez
03-02-2012, 03:00 PM

knicks- 80.9%
pistons- 1%

and these are stats, which don't mean ****. they don't take into account if your had a bad start, injuries, or anything. u my friend, need to watch some games.

No one on PSD watches games, they watch STATS!

Hawkeye15
03-02-2012, 03:01 PM
A player of a team saying his team will win the championship? Groundbreaking...

PatsSoxKnicks
03-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Yes, because Hollinger is such a definitive source of information :rolleyes:

I mean, he sure called those Nuggets didn't he!

I don't know, Hollinger was the most accurate for last year :shrug: :
http://weaksideawareness.wordpress.com/2011/12/23/accuracy-of-predictions-for-wins-in-nba-in-2010-11/

He was even more accurate than Vegas, which obviously has all sorts of money involved.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/34476/john-hollinger-beat-vegas

Also, your lack of knowledge about the Nuggets shows. They started the year out in 2nd place in the West, then have been ravaged by injuries, including missing their best player (Gallinari, who has been their best player this year). Lawson, their 2nd best player this year, has also missed 5 games. And unlike the Heat, they don't have a Lebron on their team to make up for it.

Besides, where are your predictions? Are you more accurate? Prove it. At least Hollinger has the balls to make those picks.

Beltrans Mole
03-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Hollinger rankings lol good lord watch a ****ing Pistons game and then watch a Knicks game and tell me their chances of winning a championship are "close". Some people on here...

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 03:03 PM

Wrong. That would be mike miller.

novak-.461% miller-.517%

pretty large difference too especially when you look at the list.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 03:05 PM

knicks- 80.9%
pistons- 1%

2 things, the poster i responded to didnt say chance of making the playoffs, he said winning it all.

2nd, i did it as a joke, obviously anyone that knows about Hollinger would not have taken that seriously...

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 03:05 PM

i try and post in the NBA forum all the time. you'll see me in here a lot.

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 03:06 PM
You seriously have 0 right to call out the Knicks fan base. You joined last month of this year. Congratz on your 1 month buddy :rolleyes:

Thanks. 1 month is all it took for me to realize the knee-jerk, bipolar nature of the Knicks fanbase. You know what the Knicks fans in the Knicks forum were doing 1 month ago? Screaming for everyone to be fired and traded.

You know what the Knicks fans in the Knicks forum were doing 6 months ago? Screaming about how they were championship contenders because they had Melo and Amare.

You know what the Knicks fanbase in the Knicks forum was doing 1 year ago? Screaming about how they were championship contenders because they had Amare, Gallinari and Raymond Felton.

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 03:06 PM
No one on PSD watches games, they watch STATS!

this!

Weezy
03-02-2012, 03:08 PM

novak-.461% miller-.517%

Lol I find this post hilarious... please do research before posting.

Mike Miller has attempted 60 threes this year.. Novak? 113

Almost double. Novak is a good shooter, just relax.

knicks=love

novak-.461% miller-.517%

to be fair, miller has only attempted 60 3's. not saying he's not good, but novak as almost doubles his attempts. miller also has the least amount of attempts in the top 10 of best 3 point shooters this season.

Da Knicks
Love the attitude Baron, Knicks being underdogs is the way I want it! Keep the insults coming psd, if the Knicks make it bunch of people are going to be looking like the fools they r!!!

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks. 1 month is all it took for me to realize the knee-jerk, bipolar nature of the Knicks fanbase. You know what the Knicks fans in the Knicks forum were doing 1 month ago? Screaming for everyone to be fired and traded.

You know what the Knicks fans in the Knicks forum were doing 6 months ago? Screaming about how they were championship contenders because they had Melo and Amare.

You know what the Knicks fanbase in the Knicks forum was doing 1 year ago? Screaming about how they were championship contenders because they had Amare, Gallinari and Raymond Felton.

...i wasn't :shrug:

LongIslandIcedZ
03-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I dont think anyone (even most heat fans) believes that Mike Miller is a better 3 point shooterthan Steve Novak. Say what you will about his defense or versatility, the guy could be the best sharpshooter in the NBA.

Weezy
03-02-2012, 03:10 PM

You're just a troll....and it took 3 posts from you for me to realize what you are.

You generalize facts based off a fanbase. Yea, makes you a legit poster.. keep it real. Stop posting before you hurt yourself, "pro".

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 03:11 PM
...i wasn't :shrug:

Well you're one of the good ones then.

goNYgoNYgo
03-02-2012, 03:13 PM

Congratulations. New York has had a hot stretch. If championships were determined by hot stretches then San Antonio is the champions.

Adding Davis and Smith is good but not great. Both are chuckers. Quit acting like this is prime Davis and Smith isn't a ballhog.

Steve Novak is one of the top 3 point shooters, not the best... And he does nothing else.

Your starting lineup:

Lin: Has played 15 or so games in the NBA. He's good. You think he can lead a team to a championship this early? Hell no.
Carmelo: Aside from his great scoring numbers, please tell me what he has done in the NBA.
Amare: He has had a great resume offensively but he can't defend and is having such a bad year that every Knicks fan hates him.

What about that team screams "No one has a chance and they are the clear favorites?"

I think of "Team that can be a tough matchup in the first round and seocnd round but won't honestly contend for another year or two."

That is a good compliment but Lord knows if you aren't saying they are the favorites, they don't have the best bench, and no one can beat them you are a hater...

Let's not act like it's coincidence the knicks get a pg and start winning games. A pg who has taken the league by storm might I add.

Let's not act like you have watched any Knick games. Baron Davis and JR Smith are playing team basketball. And they are our bench back court. B Diddy dosn't have to be in his prime. All he needs to do is dish. This is the perfect system for JR Smith too. He's a scorer. In Dantoni's system there is no such thing is selfish, if you have a good shot, take it. Our system is made for shooters.

Steve Novak has surprised every Knick fan if you go in our forums. He didn't surpirse us with his shooting, it's that he can be a solid player. The 3 pointer is his bread and butter, but he also stretches the floor, plays solid d, and he's showing he can shoot off the dribble alil bit too.

Our lineup is solid. We are stacked. Alot of talent. And it's slowly geling in.

I never have, nor has any other Knick fan said we are the favorites to win this year. But ppl are acting like we aren't even contenders. Some prick was comparing us to the pistons. Really?

And what else is Baron supposed to say? Our team is okay, we're not going to win this year? Come on. And this is why we say you guys are hating on us.

Currently we're playing good ball, and we're only going to get better. I'm letting you guys know now, but you guys will figure it out soon.

natelpete
03-02-2012, 03:14 PM

houghts?

You crazy Knick fans really need to stop. If you were in the West you wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Master Mind
03-02-2012, 03:14 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22131000/ngbbs4cf7f39545f76.gif

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 03:15 PM
You're just a troll....and it took 3 posts from you for me to realize what you are.

You generalize facts based off a fanbase. Yea, makes you a legit poster.. keep it real. Stop posting before you hurt yourself, "pro".

Oh man, I'm not a troll. You just don't like what I'm saying so you want to believe I'm a troll. You don't know it but I follow the Knicks fanbase, I'm lurking in your forums not just on this site but on other NBA sites too.

You're really gonna hate me after this: The Knicks fanbase is one of the lowest BBIQ fanbases I've ever seen. You have a lot of smart fans, but a lot more stupid ones.

justinnum1
Lol I find this post hilarious... please do research before posting.

Mike Miller has attempted 60 threes this year.. Novak? 113

Almost double. Novak is a good shooter, just relax.

Never said he wasn't. But he's not the best.

Weezy
Well you're one of the good ones then.

LMAO everyone bow down to this guy. Apparently he knows so much about New York fan base by watching the television set.

WAYNEBO
Why do posters insist on baiting w/ this crap? Baron is a very confident player. Is it shocking he thinks his newly minted Knicks have a title coming?? No, its just confidence and public wishful thinking. Nothing more, nothing less. End of story.

PatsSoxKnicks
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Hollinger rankings lol good lord watch a ****ing Pistons game and then watch a Knicks game and tell me their chances of winning a championship are "close". Some people on here...

Hollinger's rankings are based on a purely mathematical formula but it doesn't mean he always agrees with his rankings. Can you find a quote in one of his articles where he says their odds are the same? No, the only thing you find it in is his purely mathematical based formula. His rankings don't take into account injuries, recent acquisitions, etc. It's based purely on how you've played to date. And the Knicks are 18-18, whether we like it or not, until Lin came in, they were pretty bad. That does get taken into account.

Rather than being ignorant, why don't you actually look at how he calculates his rankings:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=Rankings-Intro

As far as the Knicks go, they aren't likely to win it all this year. However, they'll be a good sleeper team who if they figure it out by then could cause some damage. They still have a ways to go as evidenced by the fact that the Heat beat us by quite a bit. Personally, I try not to be a homer and think I do a good job of it.

justinnum1
I dont think anyone (even most heat fans) believes that Mike Miller is a better 3 point shooterthan Steve Novak. Say what you will about his defense or versatility, the guy could be the best sharpshooter in the NBA.

He absolutely is.

Weezy

I think Ray Allen is still the best.. ignoring the stats, numbers everything. He will always be elite at it and its amazing he is still doing it at this age.

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 03:19 PM

mike miller isn't the best then. he's attempted 60 3's this season, so his % should be better than everyone else's.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points

miller is the leader in % but also has the least attempts in the top 40. allen has attempted 144 and made more than miller has attempted. wake up over there.

Weezy
03-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Oh man, I'm not a troll. You just don't like what I'm saying so you want to believe I'm a troll. You don't know it but I follow the Knicks fanbase, I'm lurking in your forums not just on this site but on other NBA sites too.

You're really gonna hate me after this: The Knicks fanbase is one of the lowest BBIQ fanbases I've ever seen. You have a lot of smart fans, but a lot more stupid ones.

hahahhahaha PatsSox you read this ? :laugh2:

PatsSoxKnicks
03-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Yeah funny how you got owned by me and you decided to ignore my post:
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=21172991&postcount=59

Proven flat out wrong on OKC not having a good halfcourt offense.

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 03:22 PM
i love PSK :love:

TheFonz
Why are you guys talking about what a great shooter Novak is? It's not even a question, he is a great shooter. But is offense the only thing that matters?

How about experience, chemistry, defense, willpower? Knicks have talent on paper but they had it last year too. They have to put it together in reality and go on a sustained run for a full season, they have to win a playoff series, they have to lose in the playoffs before they figure out how to win.

When has a team ever gone from not winning a playoff game in 12 years to suddenly winning the conference? or the championship? It doesn't happen that way. You can have all the individual talent you want but this is a team game in the end. Winning 10 of 13 games means almost nothing, how many of those games were against top teams in the East?

valade16
I don't know, Hollinger was the most accurate for last year :shrug: :
http://weaksideawareness.wordpress.com/2011/12/23/accuracy-of-predictions-for-wins-in-nba-in-2010-11/

He was even more accurate than Vegas, which obviously has all sorts of money involved.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/34476/john-hollinger-beat-vegas

Also, your lack of knowledge about the Nuggets shows. They started the year out in 2nd place in the West, then have been ravaged by injuries, including missing their best player (Gallinari, who has been their best player this year). Lawson, their 2nd best player this year, has also missed 5 games. And unlike the Heat, they don't have a Lebron on their team to make up for it.

Besides, where are your predictions? Are you more accurate? Prove it. At least Hollinger has the balls to make those picks.

One year? Ever heard of a statistical outlier? Let's see him be the most accurate for several years before we definitvely say he's the most accurate. I mean, by that measure, if someone else were to be the most accurate sports pundit would you instantly diminish Hollinger's opinions and use the other guys?

My lack of knowledge? It's funny because the reason Hollinger gave for the Nuggets being good this year was their depth in a shortened season. So now are you not only making an excuse for why the Nuggets suck your now saying Hollinger's reason for why they'd be good is why they aren't doing good. good job.

As for the "where are your predictions" part, no one is using me as proof that a team has little to no odds of winning. It's also funny that the big criticism of Hollinger's picks at the beginning of the year was (outside of Denver) that he had no balls when it comes to making his picks and the counter argument by Hollinger lovers was "he's not trying to make ballsy, longshot picks, he's trying to pick who will do the best" and now suddenly his defense is at least he made ballsy picks? :eyebrow:

Hollinger is not some crystal ball or guru of NBA knowledge. Is he very informed and know a lot about Basketball? Yes he does. But just because he says the Knicks have a .3% chance of winning doesn't make it so.

I mean, what are Hollinger's % chances of being right about the Nuggets I wonder? .3%?...

valade16
03-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Hollinger's rankings are based on a purely mathematical formula but it doesn't mean he always agrees with his rankings. Can you find a quote in one of his articles where he says their odds are the same? No, the only thing you find it in is his purely mathematical based formula. His rankings don't take into account injuries, recent acquisitions, etc. It's based purely on how you've played to date. And the Knicks are 18-18, whether we like it or not, until Lin came in, they were pretty bad. That does get taken into account.

Rather than being ignorant, why don't you actually look at how he calculates his rankings:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=Rankings-Intro

As far as the Knicks go, they aren't likely to win it all this year. However, they'll be a good sleeper team who if they figure it out by then could cause some damage. They still have a ways to go as evidenced by the fact that the Heat beat us by quite a bit. Personally, I try not to be a homer and think I do a good job of it.

someone should tell him his math is wrong.

Seriously though, your using Hollingers rankings at the beginning of the season to say how likely the Knicks are to win the title at this point going forward?

Even mathematics knows that you have to change the formula when new variables are added (Lin, J.R. Smith)...

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah funny how you got owned by me and you decided to ignore my post:
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=21172991&postcount=59

Proven flat out wrong on OKC not having a good halfcourt offense.

They don't have a good half court offense. 27th in assists, top 5 in turnovers? Lighting up crappy teams doesn't matter, how many times have they played the Heat or the Bulls? Lets see what their offense looks like against the best defensive teams.

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 03:26 PM
i love when posters fight with PSK. no one knows what they're going up against :laugh:

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 03:28 PM
I like a challenge. Even PSK must know that the league is top heavy this year, there are a ton of awful teams. Winning 10 of 13 doesn't matter much when you're beating up on the dregs of the NBA. OKC hasn't played the Bulls or the Heat even once this year, have they? So how much does their great offensive numbers really count for when they meet the Heat or the Bulls and either Westbrook or Durant gets held under their scoring average?

C_Mund
03-02-2012, 03:32 PM
The OP is really going to regret his user name in a couple of months

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I like a challenge. Even PSK must know that the league is top heavy this year, there are a ton of awful teams. Winning 10 of 13 doesn't matter much when you're beating up on the dregs of the NBA. OKC hasn't played the Bulls or the Heat even once this year, have they? So how much does their great offensive numbers really count for when they meet the Heat or the Bulls and either Westbrook or Durant gets held under their scoring average?

OKC plays in the west so they don't have to play the heat and the bulls as much as the knicks do. they only play the heat twice this year and the bulls once, so them being in a different conference does make it easier for them. that doesn't mean that they're not good though. you'd have to be a moron to say that OKC isn't good.

PatsSoxKnicks
One year? Ever heard of a statistical outlier? Let's see him be the most accurate for several years before we definitvely say he's the most accurate. I mean, by that measure, if someone else were to be the most accurate sports pundit would you instantly diminish Hollinger's opinions and use the other guys?

My lack of knowledge? It's funny because the reason Hollinger gave for the Nuggets being good this year was their depth in a shortened season. So now are you not only making an excuse for why the Nuggets suck your now saying Hollinger's reason for why they'd be good is why they aren't doing good. good job.

As for the "where are your predictions" part, no one is using me as proof that a team has little to no odds of winning. It's also funny that the big criticism of Hollinger's picks at the beginning of the year was (outside of Denver) that he had no balls when it comes to making his picks and the counter argument by Hollinger lovers was "he's not trying to make ballsy, longshot picks, he's trying to pick who will do the best" and now suddenly his defense is at least he made ballsy picks? :eyebrow:

Hollinger is not some crystal ball or guru of NBA knowledge. Is he very informed and know a lot about Basketball? Yes he does. But just because he says the Knicks have a .3% chance of winning doesn't make it so.

I mean, what are Hollinger's % chances of being right about the Nuggets I wonder? .3%?...

I'm not diminishing anyone, I was simply saying Hollinger was the most accurate last year so he can't be that terrible of a writer :shrug:

Anyways, I don't find Hollinger's Power Rankings all that useful other than telling what's happened so far. It's good for power rankings based on whats happened but probably not so good for predicting what will happen. To be honest, no mathematical formula can tell you what will happen because the playoffs are simply different from the regular season.

As for Hollinger himself, I don't think PER is all that great, although its not terrible either but if you actually read the guys' columns, he knows a lot about basketball and probably watches more basketball than anyone on this site. I always find his columns have some great information in it so I do respect him as a columnist.

As for the Nuggets, well the year isn't over yet is it? Maybe they go on a hot streak and make him look good or maybe they bomb. Either way, it's too early to say anyone is wrong about predictions.

knicks=love
The OP is really going to regret his user name in a couple of months

it's a girl

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 03:35 PM
OKC is good, in the regular season. They're good for a run and gun team in the west. When they meet the ECF champion is when I say they'll be in for a rough time. 2 players accounting for 66% of their offense? 27th in team assists? Nuh uh, that's not going to fly against the Heat or the Bulls.

valade16
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm not diminishing anyone, I was simply saying Hollinger was the most accurate last year so he can't be that terrible of a writer :shrug:

Anyways, I don't find Hollinger's Power Rankings all that useful other than telling what's happened so far. It's good for power rankings based on whats happened but probably not so good for predicting what will happen. To be honest, no mathematical formula can tell you what will happen because the playoffs are simply different from the regular season.

As for Hollinger himself, I don't think PER is all that great, although its not terrible either but if you actually read the guys' columns, he knows a lot about basketball and probably watches more basketball than anyone on this site. I always find his columns have some great information in it so I do respect him as a columnist.

As for the Nuggets, well the year isn't over yet is it? Maybe they go on a hot streak and make him look good or maybe they bomb. Either way, it's too early to say anyone is wrong about predictions.

Fair enough. I see what your saying and agree, Hollinger does know a great deal about basketball, certainly more than me, but some people on the site treat his word as gospel and it can really irritate me at times.

Just ignore my more "heated" sentences.

Oh, and just so you know, it might've been a total homer pick, but my surprise team was the Blazers, so at the very least I'm not better than Hollinger on his Nuggets :D

PatsSoxKnicks
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
They don't have a good half court offense. 27th in assists, top 5 in turnovers? Lighting up crappy teams doesn't matter, how many times have they played the Heat or the Bulls? Lets see what their offense looks like against the best defensive teams.

You can only play who's on your schedule and considering the Thunder are in the West, their schedule hasn't been a cakewalk (actually, their SOS has a .513 winning %, which is harder than the Heat). Also, playing 1 or 2 teams doesn't determine whether you're a good offense. Honestly, you can't determine anything based off of 1 or 2 games.

And none of this changes the fact that:

they rank 1st in the NBA in points per possession on iso's. They also rank 4th in the NBA in points per possession on P&R ball handler situations. They're 8th in the NBA on the P&R Roll man situations. They're 3rd in the NBA in ppp on hand offs, 2nd in the NBA in ppp on cuts. And actually, only 8th in the NBA in transition. So yeah, they do have a good halfcourt offense.

That sounds like a good halfcourt offense to me.

shep33
03-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Knicks are going to make a lot of noise IMO. On paper they've got an amazing roster. I think they'll eventually get it all together. Very deep team that can hit the 3, play good defense in stretches, and has a legit closer in Melo (having a very poor year by his standards though).

The X-factor in all of this for me though is Amare.

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 03:39 PM
They built up those numbers against crappy teams though. When half the league is full of terrible teams, even the Bulls are a top rated offense this season.

Think about that.

Everyone thinks the Bulls will struggle offensively in the playoffs, but in the regular season, they are a top rated offense.

Weezy
03-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Knicks are going to make a lot of noise IMO. On paper they've got an amazing roster. I think they'll eventually get it all together. Very deep team that can hit the 3, play good defense in stretches, and has a legit closer in Melo (having a very poor year by his standards though).

The X-factor in all of this for me though is Amare.

Basically the dark horse and I agree. Time will tell really cause I have no idea what the potential of this team is. If you ask me right now who our best player is, its Tyson Chandler. Melo is struggling from injuries and Stat.. well... :(

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 03:46 PM
They built up those numbers against crappy teams though. When half the league is full of terrible teams, even the Bulls are a top rated offense this season.

Think about that.

Everyone thinks the Bulls will struggle offensively in the playoffs, but in the regular season, they are a top rated offense.

the knicks have no control over their schedule or who then play and when they play them. i don't understand why people even bring up this argument because it's pointless.

PatsSoxKnicks
03-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Fair enough. I see what your saying and agree, Hollinger does know a great deal about basketball, certainly more than me, but some people on the site treat his word as gospel and it can really irritate me at times.

Just ignore my more "heated" sentences.

Oh, and just so you know, it might've been a total homer pick, but my surprise team was the Blazers, so at the very least I'm not better than Hollinger on his Nuggets :D

Agreed. He is wrong about things and I'd certainly never use his power rankings to predict the playoffs. But his columns are great and I respect him as a writer.

Also, one of the reasons I was defending him is that I was on the Nuggets bandwagon too lol. So far, with my own predictions, I'm not doing too bad, though not too great either

My Bold Seedings
East Conf
1) Bulls
2) Heat
3) 76ers
4) Pacers
5) Knicks
6) Magic
7) Celtics
8) Hawks

West Conf
1) Thunder
2) Spurs
3) Nuggets
4) Mavs
5) Blazers
6) Clippers
7) Grizz
8) Lakers

Those were my predictions before the year.

nycsports2
03-02-2012, 03:51 PM
they have a good chance imo especially if they peak at the right time

gotoHcarolina52
03-02-2012, 03:51 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points

To quote a good friend, "So you sir, your statement is erroneous. Have a good day."

PatsSoxKnicks
03-02-2012, 03:52 PM

Think about that.

The Thunder's SOS is a winning % of .513, which is the 9th toughest in the league, so they haven't built up those numbers against crappy teams. Quite the opposite actually.

The Bulls are a top rated offense this season because their offense is geared towards the regular season. They have a lot of depth and their depth can overwhelm teams in a compressed schedule. OKC is just the opposite and yet KD, Westbrook and Harden are still carrying their offense so I fail to see what your point is.

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 03:53 PM
the knicks have no control over their schedule or who then play and when they play them. i don't understand why people even bring up this argument because it's pointless.

It's not pointless. You have to gauge yourself against the best teams in the NBA, against teams you will actually face in the playoffs. Knicks have to beat up on the Pacers, the Sixers and the Hawks. Those are the teams that threaten you. All those other games are just throwaway games, they're games you use to build team chemistry, to becoming consistent, to practice and to move up in seeding. The Knicks are a playoff team now so they have to start thinking about the playoffs, not how good they look beating up crappy Western conference teams, the Nets and the Cavs.

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 03:56 PM
The Thunder's SOS is a winning % of .513, which is the 9th toughest in the league, so they haven't built up those numbers against crappy teams. Quite the opposite actually.

The Bulls are a top rated offense this season because their offense is geared towards the regular season. They have a lot of depth and their depth can overwhelm teams in a compressed schedule. OKC is just the opposite and yet KD, Westbrook and Harden are still carrying their offense so I fail to see what your point is.

The Thunder are a top 3 team in the league, so pretty much 95% of the rest of the league is a crappy team when compared to them.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. But I don't think anything matters for the Thunder right now EXCEPT how they look against the Bulls and the Heat. The two teams who will actually be able to put up a fight against them in the playoffs.

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 03:57 PM
you're right, 5 or 6 is all it will take :d

+2

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 03:59 PM
if the bottom half of the east didn't suck so much they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Davis should have said "we're going to be the 7th or 8th seed and get swept by miami or chicago."

+5

PleaseBeNice
03-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Nice joke Baron

UPRock
03-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Baron who?

nate2usmc

Hopefully IN MY LIFETIME :pray:

Love Baron's confidence but the poster saying the Knicks have the best chance?!! :facepalm: This has to be a troll starting the thread.

meloman1592
I don't get it..is Baron Davis supposed to say something else? Is he supposed to come out and say "yea we suck, Miami has this in the bag" ?? That being said...dont Knick fans know better than to make Knick threads in the main forum??? We're hated on PSD..keep all Knick related stuff in the Knick forum...DONT MAKE THREADS!!!! It never turns out well

mavsman81
you say you will win the championship and use harrellson, jeffries, shumpert and novak as examples?

Lmao

+8

PatsSoxKnicks
03-02-2012, 04:01 PM
The Thunder are a top 3 team in the league, so pretty much 95% of the rest of the league is a crappy team when compared to them.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. But I don't think anything matters for the Thunder right now EXCEPT how they look against the Bulls and the Heat. The two teams who will actually be able to put up a fight against them in the playoffs.

To be honest, I don't think that matters either. The Bulls beat the Heat in the regular season last year but lost in 5 games in the playoffs. You simply can't look at 1 game and take any meaningful away from it. It's too small of a sample size.

Also, I do think some of the teams in the West can threaten the Thunder. It's no lock that they get to the Finals, although it's likely.

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 04:02 PM
bet you he wont get it tattooed.

+5

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 04:05 PM
uh oh, watch out! The knicks have won 10 of 13 games! You know what that means? Championship!

Iman shumpert, the wade stopper. The lebron stopper! Look out heat, iman shumpert is gonna shut you down.

Ohhh...knicks fans... You make me laugh. Get out of the knicks forum once in a while and look around at a little thing called reality please.

+2

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 04:06 PM
It's not pointless. You have to gauge yourself against the best teams in the NBA, against teams you will actually face in the playoffs. Knicks have to beat up on the Pacers, the Sixers and the Hawks. Those are the teams that threaten you. All those other games are just throwaway games, they're games you use to build team chemistry, to becoming consistent, to practice and to move up in seeding. The Knicks are a playoff team now so they have to start thinking about the playoffs, not how good they look beating up crappy Western conference teams, the Nets and the Cavs.

they already beat the sixers (before lin) and they already beat the hawks.. i honestly see both of those teams dropping down in the standings and allowing the knicks to slide up. i would love a 4-5 match up of the pacers and knicks.

Nice joke Baron

:eyebrow: how are the kings doing?

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 04:07 PM
I like seeing this kind of confidence from players, but let's be real.

The Knicks were recently SMOKED by the Heat, and if you watched that game you know the Heat are in a different class than the Knicks.

As a fan I want a championship or bust, but that's not likely to happen. I just cant see us beating the Heat or Bulls to make it out of the East, and as much as the Knicks are improved they still haven't shown that championship pedigree (they are constantly beat by "inferior" teams).

+5, talk some sense to the other guy...maybe in the next few years, but no ring this year for NY

nycsports2
03-02-2012, 04:09 PM
+5, talk some sense to the other guy...maybe in the next few years, but no ring this year for NY

better chance then dallas... and we whooped that ***

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't get it..is Baron Davis supposed to say something else? Is he supposed to come out and say "yea we suck, Miami has this in the bag" ?? That being said...dont Knick fans know better than to make Knick threads in the main forum??? We're hated on PSD..keep all Knick related stuff in the Knick forum...DONT MAKE THREADS!!!! It never turns out well

This.

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 04:11 PM

Your starting lineup:

This pretty much sums it up Cudi, no way the win this year. It's cool to love your team, but this sounds like fantasy and not whats actually happening..

DaBear
03-02-2012, 04:12 PM
All he's doing is getting Knicks fans hopes up for nothing.

nycsports2
03-02-2012, 04:13 PM
lol i cant believe people are saying its not possible for the knicks too win... there def a contender imo to win it all yes they just got together but would it really be out of nowhere if they did win it??? look the there roster i think its the best in the league overall

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 04:13 PM

novak-.461% miller-.517%

+5, its clear this Knicks fan doesnt know stats

Quietmoney
03-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Screw these haters in here! Last time I checked it was a deep Dallas team that won the chip last year and one of the main pieces now plays for the Knicks. All these posters on here always try and down my Knicks. But let me give you Chicago fans and all you other fans of teams not named the Heat or Thunder a reality check .... We are the only team that's deep enough or talented enough to beat the Heat or Thunder. That doesnt mean that we will, but when it's match up time, I'm going with my roster. Chicago will be a great regular season team, but they would never beat the heat or Thunder in a seven game series. Did you not watch what they did to Chicago and the Sixers?? Only the Knicks can beat the Heat in the east.

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 04:14 PM
thanks. 1 month is all it took for me to realize the knee-jerk, bipolar nature of the knicks fanbase. You know what the knicks fans in the knicks forum were doing 1 month ago? Screaming for everyone to be fired and traded.

You know what the knicks fans in the knicks forum were doing 6 months ago? Screaming about how they were championship contenders because they had melo and amare.

You know what the knicks fanbase in the knicks forum was doing 1 year ago? Screaming about how they were championship contenders because they had amare, gallinari and raymond felton.

+10

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 04:15 PM

**** I'll be glad to take that! I've never witnessed any of my favorite Pro teams go all the way :sigh: :facepalm:

Quietmoney
03-02-2012, 04:17 PM
False hope is what that Chicago team is giving its fans. Derrick Rose all by himself huh??

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 04:18 PM
+5, its clear this Knicks fan doesnt know stats

and it's clear neither do you since miller has only attempted 60 3's this season while novak has nearly doubled his attempts with 113. miller only leads the league in 3 point % because he's attempted the least amount of 3's among the top 40 players.

know what you're talking about before you post.

Lidz
03-02-2012, 04:21 PM

This. Which is why I wonder why LBJ got so much heat for saying if they buckle down he feels like they can win as many championships as they want.

Beltrans Mole
03-02-2012, 04:22 PM
About 10% of the Knicks fans are delusional and the other 90% gets put in the same category because haters say so. Classic.

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 04:24 PM
What is the goal here for the Knicks, honestly? Is it to win a playoff series? Is it to win the 2nd round? They're probably capable of that already if they get hot at the right time. But if the goal is to get to the finals or even win the finals, you have to win the East before you think about anyone in the West. You have to construct a team thats legitimately capable of beating the Heat, because the Heat are the favorites and you have to assume you need to go through them.

Beating the Heat should be the goal of every team in he Eastern conference. If you can't beat them, you're one and done in the playoffs, or perhaps 2 and done.

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 04:24 PM
About 10% of the Knicks fans are delusional and the other 90% gets put in the same category because haters say so. Classic.

Exactly. :laugh2:

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 04:25 PM

I think you have your percentages backwards. I'd say 65% of the Knicks fanbase is delusional and the other 30% is fairly realistic and then there's 5% who are actually smart and realistic.

D2theJ
I can't stand the Knicks players, their fans, and their cocky attitudes. If you are the best team in the NBA and your record backs that up, then by all means be confident. When you're 18-18 in the East.... shut the **** up.

nate2usmc
What is the goal here for the Knicks, honestly? Is it to win a playoff series? Is it to win the 2nd round? They're probably capable of that already if they get hot at the right time. But if the goal is to get to the finals or even win the finals, you have to win the East before you think about anyone in the West. You have to construct a team thats legitimately capable of beating the Heat, because the Heat are the favorites and you have to assume you need to go through them.

Beating the Heat should be the goal of every team in he Eastern conference. If you can't beat them, you're one and done in the playoffs, or perhaps 2 and done.

This. I just want them to win a damn playoff series atleast. It's been more than a decade since they did that :facepalm:

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 04:26 PM
better chance then dallas... and we whooped that ***

One game, big deal, and everyone with bball sense knew we wouldnt repeat given we blew the team up...But hey we got ours!! Wait till next year and we'll be back in the hunt. NY will have a hard time even getting to the East finals, witch I dont think they will, much less win the whole thing...But hey prove me wrong

BALLER R
03-02-2012, 04:26 PM
who's Jeremy Lin. Let's see him in a playoff game before all you knick fans act like hes your saviour. Be realistic thats all i ask. If they can get past miami and the bulls yes they stand a chance especially with melo closing out games. But its very important that they get home court advantage in the playoff.

meloman1592
03-02-2012, 04:27 PM
False hope is what that Chicago team is giving its fans. Derrick Rose all by himself huh??

This!!!! The bulls are a good team but nobody outside chicago thinks they are gonna beat miami. Derrick Rose's one man show can only do so much

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-02-2012, 04:27 PM

Lmao

John Walls Era
03-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Didn't we all laugh at Jason Terry's tattoo?

meloman1592
03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
One game, big deal, and everyone with bball sense knew we wouldnt repeat given we blew the team up...But hey we got ours!! Wait till next year and we'll be back in the hunt. NY will have a hard time even getting to the East finals, witch I dont think they will, much less win the whole thing...But hey prove me wrong

Yea you'll surely be back in the hunt when deron and dwight are playing in brooklyn

uprightciti
03-02-2012, 04:32 PM
i mean

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 04:34 PM
This!!!! The bulls are a good team but nobody outside chicago thinks they are gonna beat miami. Derrick Rose's one man show can only do so much

Riiight...because it's not like basketball is a team game, right?

The difference between the Heat and the Bulls last year was execution in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes to go..THAT'S IT. Don't let anybody tell you different.

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Didn't we all laugh at Jason Terry's tattoo?

I thought it would be a jinx honestly, until they won..lol

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I think you have your percentages backwards. I'd say 65% of the Knicks fanbase is delusional and the other 30% is fairly realistic and then there's 5% who are actually smart and realistic.

Hey, atleast they show up to support their team through thick and thin! lol. But seriously, you may think it's 65% of a fanbase being delusional when it's really 10% of a big fanbase. The delusional ones are obviously the loudest and talk stupid **** and hence, almost every Knicks fan is that way lol

mavsman81
03-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Yea you'll surely be back in the hunt when deron and dwight are playing in brooklyn

Thats what has Dallas all giddy, if they do go to Brook, oh well, hope Cubes has a plan b, bc I dont think Nash is the answer for sure..Then again, the free agent class of 2013 looks promising as well.

Dark Donnie
03-02-2012, 04:41 PM
:laugh2:

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Thats what has Dallas all giddy, if they do go to Brook, oh well, hope Cubes has a plan b, bc I dont think Nash is the answer for sure..Then again, the free agent class of 2013 looks promising as well.

I REALLY hope they both join Dirk. I'm serious. Cuban is my favorite owner in sports and wanna see him succeed every year.

Da Knicks
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
+10

lmao at your post counts going up by simply putting +1, +2, +3 just thought it was funny!

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 04:48 PM

and it's clear neither do you since miller has only attempted 60 3's this season while novak has nearly doubled his attempts with 113. miller only leads the league in 3 point % because he's attempted the least amount of 3's among the top 40 players.

know what you're talking about before you post.

so i'm guessing by you ignoring my post towards you means that you know i'm right..

oak2455
03-02-2012, 04:49 PM
another parade in NY pretty cool!!!

ChitownSports16
03-02-2012, 04:51 PM

not to sure about that either...

oak2455
03-02-2012, 05:01 PM

Why is Sideshow Bob in your sig fondling a under age girl?

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I kinda agree with Baron

kho1313
03-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Slimsim
03-02-2012, 05:32 PM

We will win one before the cubs and bears

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 05:36 PM
We will win one before the cubs and bears

I wouldnt be so sure, not as long as thibs and rose are with the bulls and lebron and wade are with the heat. Not to mention NY's window is smaller than chicago and miami's

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 05:37 PM
This. I just want them to win a damn playoff series atleast. It's been more than a decade since they did that :facepalm:

Nah with this lineup I expect more than just 1 playoff series win. there is no excuse to not challenge for eastern crown with this deep team NY has now. This bonehead coach has to make it work or he's FIRED!!

MagicHero3
03-02-2012, 05:39 PM

houghts?

lets just pretend that the Heat arent dominating right now, and the Bulls have just gotten Rose back from injury. ill put them 3rd behind those 2 teams at this point talentwise, but theyre record doesnt reflect so.

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 05:41 PM
All he's doing is getting Knicks fans hopes up for nothing.

umm the Bulls only have 1 capable scorer and that's Rose, your team's pg. A PG is not going to win a title if he's a teams main scorer cause a pg need to be able to get others involved in offense. Great wing players and big men always beat the great PG when it counts in the playoffs for titles

CHANGO
03-02-2012, 05:45 PM

Sly Guy
03-02-2012, 05:46 PM
I think we should listen to Baron. He's had a great view to watch them play from the end of the bench all season long.

Punk
03-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Of course PSD is going to post the ignorance nonsense. I'm not saying we will win it all which is obviously the goal but depending on seeding, I think we can get to the ECF.

We're deep enough, have enough weapons, I think we have a little more depth than Chicago actually if that ends up being a 2nd round match up. Obviously they are better defensively.

Everyone laughed at the Mavs being in the Finals during the season when people thought it was possible. Mavs were called taunted for choking. We saw how that turned out.

So, again. Keep the ignorance comments to the side. It always comes back to bite the person in the ***.

Muttman73
03-02-2012, 05:53 PM
funny

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Of course PSD is going to post the ignorance nonsense. I'm not saying we will win it all which is obviously the goal but depending on seeding, I think we can get to the ECF.

We're deep enough, have enough weapons, I think we have a little more depth than Chicago actually if that ends up being a 2nd round match up. Obviously they are better defensively.

Everyone laughed at the Mavs being in the Finals during the season when people thought it was possible. Mavs were called taunted for choking. We saw how that turned out.

So, again. Keep the ignorance comments to the side. It always comes back to bite the person in the ***.
you dont have more depth than chicago

marj987
03-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Lol, the Knicks have a team now, but Melo has to get it going, and Lin can find anyone on the court for a shot, and Novak who just surprised everyone, I mean.......they have a chance.......but no way are the Heat, and Bulls defense allow them to make it.

marj987
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM

Youre right, I really do they have more scorers, than Chicago, but that team plays defense, if the Knicks can just play consistent defense than yeah, they probably can make it.

Kashmir13579
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
LoL!

MJ-BULLS
03-02-2012, 06:18 PM
:laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

that deserved the triangle. :)

MTL_123
03-02-2012, 06:22 PM
wow thats all i got to say

ThePooH_1_
03-02-2012, 06:35 PM

houghts?

I don't know if you just act like you dont have no idea of what you are talking about or if you are seriously out of your mind..

BTW: Why do you always spell NOVAK wrong?? :facepalm:

MTL_123
03-02-2012, 06:38 PM
i don't know if you just act like you dont have no idea of what you are talking about or if you are seriously out of your mind..

Btw: why do you always spell novak wrong?? :facepalm:

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 06:49 PM
chill out guys, the OP is a girl

nycsports2
03-02-2012, 06:54 PM
lol chi and mia fans think there **** dont stink... can wait too bring this thread back in may : )

Punk
03-02-2012, 07:00 PM
you dont have more depth than chicago

O RLY?

Bench vs Bench roles:

Baron Davis vs. CJ Watson (Pass First vs. Scorer)

JR Smith vs. Kyle Korver (Scorer/Shooter vs. 3 Shooter)

Shumpert vs. Brewer (Defender/Slasher vs. Defender/Slasher)

Novak vs. Gibson (3 point shooter vs. Post Defender/Rebounder)

Jeffries vs. Asik (Defender/Rebounder vs. Defender rebounder)

Harrellson vs. ??? (Post Defender/Rebounder/3 point shooter) vs. ???

Bill Walker (3 Point Shooter, Slasher) vs. ???

In conclusion...The Knicks can go 12 deep or even 13 deep (If Douglas can regain form) while Chicago can only go 10 deep. 11th man being Lucas.

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 07:06 PM
lol chi and mia fans think there **** dont stink... can wait too bring this thread back in may : )

we're the 8th seed. they have all the right in the world to talk **** when they're the 1st and 2nd seed respectively. :facepalm:

redwhitenblue
03-02-2012, 07:08 PM
O RLY?

Bench vs Bench roles:

In conclusion...The Knicks can go 12 deep or even 13 deep (If Douglas can regain form) while Chicago can only go 10 deep. 11th man being Lucas.
Jimmy Butler's a rookie who's defense is very good and he's a big hustle/slasher type.

Lucas is a shooter.

You can say that basic breakdown is just idiotic. You have played with more guys off the bench because none are that dominating in their facet. The Bulls bench is set, it knows it's rotation and has been playing great for over a year and a half now. The Knicks bench has been playing well for what? 10-15 games?

P.S. Beyond being a better defensive team, the Bulls also score more than the Knicks.

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Jimmy Butler's a rookie who's defense is very good and he's a big hustle/slasher type.

Lucas is a shooter.

You can say that basic breakdown is just idiotic. You have played with more guys off the bench because none are that dominating in their facet. The Bulls bench is set, it knows it's rotation and has been playing great for over a year and a half now. The Knicks bench has been playing well for what? 10-15 games?

P.S. Beyond being a better defensive team, the Bulls also score more than the Knicks.

bulls only beat the knicks by 3.. just saying. not putting the knicks on a pedestal when they don't deserve it, but they're not a bad team. they can beat the bulls and heat. doesn't mean they will, but they can.

respond to this so i can be your 77,000th post! :clap:

nycsports2
03-02-2012, 07:14 PM
we're the 8th seed. they have all the right in the world to talk **** when they're the 1st and 2nd seed respectively. :facepalm:

you think were really an 8th seed caliber team??... :facepalm:

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 07:16 PM
you think were really an 8th seed caliber team??... :facepalm:

i didn't say that. right now we're the 8th seed, so we have no right to be talking **** with a 18-18 record to heat and bulls fans that don't even have double digit losses.

redwhitenblue
03-02-2012, 07:17 PM
bulls only beat the knicks by 3.. just saying. not putting the knicks on a pedestal when they don't deserve it, but they're not a bad team. they can beat the bulls and heat. doesn't mean they will, but they can.

respond to this so i can be your 77,000th post! :clap:
No Deng, no Rip, and your great bench got outscored 25-6 that game....yes, 6. The great Shumpert started and played 38 minutes, and Rose only had 32 points and 13 assists. And the Bulls held the lead the entire 4th quarter.

nycsports2
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
i didn't say that. right now we're the 8th seed, so we have no right to be talking **** with a 18-18 record to heat and bulls fans that don't even have double digit losses.

im not talking smack im saying they are talking like were a laughing stock but its cool like i said... may

SportsAndrew25
03-02-2012, 07:22 PM
It is good to dream. :)

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 07:22 PM
O RLY?

Bench vs Bench roles:

Cj and barron are a wash imo
brewer is much much better than shumpert, not even close imo
korver and novak are a wash
asik is much better than jeffries
stop mention harrelson, he will not see any minutes in the playoffs
walker is trash, wont see minutes
douglas is trash and in dantois dog house

Do you even know your own coach? he plays a tight rotation, prob 9guys

Its not about how deep you can go, its the quality of the depth

nycsports2
03-02-2012, 07:23 PM
No Deng, no Rip, and your great bench got outscored 25-6 that game....yes, 6. The great Shumpert started and played 38 minutes, and Rose only had 32 points and 13 assists. And the Bulls held the lead the entire 4th quarter.

no baron, novak didnt get minutes until just recent and no jr smith.... knicks bench is better than bulls... ino youd rather have our bench than yours cmon now lets not be nieve

nycsports2
03-02-2012, 07:24 PM
brewer is much much better than shumpert, not even close imokorver and novak are a wash

ino this is your opinion but your just wrong here lol also u didnt mention jr

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 07:25 PM
im not talking smack im saying they are talking like were a laughing stock but its cool like i said... may

I agree. I think the Heat and Bulls fans think they only need to fear each other when in reality there are quite a few east teams that can beat them. Come may if it isnt Bulls/Heat in the ECF one of those fan bases are going to be egged relentlessly. LOVE IT!

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 07:27 PM

we also didn't have baron, lin, JR, novak, harrellson.. and toney douglas, bill walker and renaldo balkman all played that game. our bench is a lot different from then so i think we could make a little noise in the playoffs. idk about upsetting chicago or miami, but we wouldn't get swept IMO.

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 07:30 PM

i know you're a heat fan, but you're probably an even bigger knicks hater and it's so obvious. i honestly don't understand why? novak and korver a wash? cj and baron are a wash?! and how do you know harrellson won't get minutes in the playoffs? do you know our coach? :facepalm:

nycsports2
03-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I agree. I think the Heat and Bulls fans think they only need to fear each other when in reality there are quite a few east teams that can beat them. Come may if it isnt Bulls/Heat in the ECF one of those fan bases are going to be egged relentlessly. LOVE IT!

lol its GONNA ne pretty sweet.... and i like the bulls team alot actually i love me some noah haha just some of the fans on here like straight disrespect other teams like they aint got a chance when damn well know it wouldnt be a huge suprise if knicks won it all.... not saying there favorites but there chances are much much better than most of the league id say outside okc chi and miami knicks are next at odds

nycsports2
03-02-2012, 07:32 PM
i know you're a heat fan, but you're probably an even bigger knicks hater and it's so obvious. i honestly don't understand why? novak and korver a wash? cj and baron are a wash?! and how do you know harrellson won't get minutes in the playoffs? do you know our coach? :facepalm:

lol brewers better than shump.... no? :D

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 07:34 PM
ino this is your opinion but your just wrong here lol also u didnt mention jr
Your right, my bad...not to worried about Jr, he will chuck, he will make some, but miss most

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 07:41 PM

this is a textbook definition of a Knicks troll

...and every sentence is ended with "and its not even close"

clydebino
03-02-2012, 07:42 PM
lol who are we kidding we all know the Bobcats are the real sleepers to win the Finals this year. 4 wins and 20 something losses ain't nothing but a number hahaha :laugh:

meloman1592
03-02-2012, 07:44 PM

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO

Brewer is better than Shump???? HA!
Korver and Novak are a wash..ok fine, have that one
CJ and Baron are a wash???? Lmao has CJ ever started before? Like ever in his career?

And are you forgetting JR Smith who is a 1 man bench by himself once he gets going heat?? Oh my goodness...i'm losing a lot of respect for you psd posters. Do not talk about the Knicks if you dont watch Knick games..it seems like a lot of you go based off our record and you sound ******** doing that.

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 07:44 PM
lol who are we kidding we all know the Bobcats are the real sleepers to win the Finals this year. 4 wins and 20 something losses ain't nothing but a number hahaha :laugh:

did mike sell the team?

MTL_123
03-02-2012, 07:46 PM
i hate wen people use the argument we lost by 3-4 we were in the game for like 3Q we were in the game til the last few mins. IN the end of the day, you play to win. its either a win or loss there isnt a 3rd category we were close in the standings.

clydebino
03-02-2012, 07:51 PM
did mike sell the team?

Maybe we should bid on the team, I got a feeling you and I can get win number 5 before he does lol

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 07:53 PM
this is a textbook definition of a Knicks troll

...and every sentence is ended with "and its not even close"

i'm a knicks troll? i guess you've never seen me post on this site then..

Knicks21
03-02-2012, 07:54 PM
i hate wen people use the argument we lost by 3-4 we were in the game for like 3Q we were in the game til the last few mins. IN the end of the day, you play to win. its either a win or loss there isnt a 3rd category we were close in the standings.

Yes you guys completely outplayed us and you are the better team, but its not to say things can't change/improve.

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 07:55 PM
i'm a knicks troll? i guess you've never seen me post on this site then..

not you....justinnum1

Knicks21
03-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Baron Davis is just having fun.

Punk
03-02-2012, 08:17 PM

Wow. You know absolutely nothing.

1. Baron is clearly better than CJ Watson and It's not even close. Are you freaking kidding me with that one?

2. Brewer is not a much much defender. If he was, he would atleast be 4th in steals like Shumpert and a Top 15 rated defender this season which he is not.

3. Asik is not a better defender than Jeffries, are you kidding me? Jeffries can guard FOUR different positions.

4. You look like a total idiot trying to tell a Knicks fan who his team's players will see minutes and who will not especially when Harrellson was the 6th best player off the bench before he got injured and he WILL see minutes if needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOiSMrJMV0

5. Walker is so trash, he went 7 of 10 from 3 point range against Miami last month...Who was guarding him? LeBron...

6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fchR8LH5MgQ Nuff said.

You still have yet to prove the Knicks cannot go 13 deep and you still have not created any sort of legit argument for the Bulls only having 10 deep rotation.

Don't even bother saying anything. You made yourself look absolutely foolish....as always.

FarOutIos
03-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I find it funny how some people think that Baron's statement is so absurd... he is being optimistic, and that's a good thing.

But, the vegas odds for them to win it all right now are 10-1. They are just about in the top 5 contenders as Vegas sees it. So... I guess his statement has a decent chance of being true.

Some of the posters on this site must think that they know more than the professionals who earn a living estimating odds... And if so... why are these know-it-alls posting on this site instead of placing bets using their vast knowledge...

THE MTL
03-02-2012, 08:20 PM
We have the talent to win a title. We just have to continue geling.

ewmania
03-02-2012, 08:22 PM

the colts will win the superbowl .... when the giants stop

Punk
03-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Funny part is the Sixers are title contenders cause PSD said so...while the Knicks are only 3 games behind Philly in the standings. Yet, if someone says they think the Knicks will win it all. It's so absurd LOL

I'd rather people just post "I hate the Knicks" or "I don't care about the Knicks" instead of posting ******** statements and what they "think" when it's clearly a hate filled bias opinion.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Wow. You know absolutely nothing.

1. Baron is clearly better than CJ Watson and It's not even close. Are you freaking kidding me with that one?

2. Brewer is not a much much defender. If he was, he would atleast be 4th in steals like Shumpert and a Top 15 rated defender this season which he is not.

3. Asik is not a better defender than Jeffries, are you kidding me? Jeffries can guard FOUR different positions.

4. You look like a total idiot trying to tell a Knicks fan who his team's players will see minutes and who will not especially when Harrellson was the 6th best player off the bench before he got injured and he WILL see minutes if needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOiSMrJMV0

5. Walker is so trash, he went 7 of 10 from 3 point range against Miami last month...Who was guarding him? LeBron...

6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fchR8LH5MgQ Nuff said.

You still have yet to prove the Knicks cannot go 13 deep and you still have not created any sort of legit argument for the Bulls only having 10 deep rotation.

Don't even bother saying anything. You made yourself look absolutely foolish....as always.

:laugh2: Any one that uses a youtube to show a game single game highlight for a player can not be taken seriously lol

And yes, walker is trash, i would expect an nba player to make a 3 if they are wide open. Notice how the knicks lost that game, guess it was a good game plan:shrug:

Jeffries a better defender than asik? I didn't think you could overrate a player so poorly.

Davis clearly better than watson? ok, whatever helps you sleep at night

Like i said, learn who your coach is. Learn that he plays a tight rotation, wouldn't be surprised if he goes 8 maybe 9 deep in the playoffs. Im guessing you never saw him coach in phx? yea

and who said the sixers are title contenders? c'mon man:facepalm:

meloman1592
03-02-2012, 08:39 PM
:laugh2: Any one that uses a youtube to show a game single game highlight for a player can not be taken seriously lol

And yes, walker is trash, i would expect an nba player to make a 3 if they are wide open. Notice how the knicks lost that game, guess it was a good game plan:shrug:

Jeffries a better defender than asik? I didn't think you could overrate a player so poorly.

Davis clearly better than watson? ok, whatever helps you sleep at night

Like i said, learn who your coach is. Learn that he plays a tight rotation, wouldn't be surprised if he goes 8 maybe 9 deep in the playoffs. Im guessing you never saw him coach in phx? yea

and who said the sixers are title contenders? c'mon man:facepalm:

Yes baron is better than watson...but asik is better than jeffries

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes baron is better than watson...but asik is better than jeffries

So far from what i have seen from davis, i dont think he's better than watson, and i dont think watson is that good anyways. Maybe by the end of the season, but right now i would take watson over davis. Stretching the floor with 3 pt shooting is crucial when you have 2 stars like melo and amare on the floor.

pacman16
03-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Lin and his turnovers will not beat a playoff defense like the bulls or heat, no way

quade36
03-02-2012, 08:43 PM
NY is the best 8th seed team in the league. Oh wait, Denver. Hmm.... I wish we can just wait and see if they can get over the .500 hump or even move up in the playoff standings before we anoint them the NBA champions. As it stands, they'll have to beat Miami in the first round, then beat Indiana or Philadelphia (both very good teams), then beat the Bulls. Then they have to beat whichever team comes out of the West. Doing this all while they don't have home court advantage.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Lin and his turnovers will not beat a playoff defense like the bulls or heat, no way

Good point. Lin's ball handing has to be a concern. I remember when he said it was hard for him to dribble the ball agasint miami's suffocating D.

Gram
03-02-2012, 09:07 PM

beasted86
03-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Why the hell does everyone want to steal benchmob from us? Bulls have the benchmob, get your own thing.

Do you really think that started with Bulls fans?

SMH if so.

WildcatsPride
03-02-2012, 10:39 PM
It's good to be confident in your team, but no. The Knicks might make it out the first round and that's it. I doubt they can beat the Heat or Bulls in a seven game series. Heat and Bulls are the only teams who I can honestly see winning the East.

AI
03-02-2012, 10:49 PM
My birthday party was better than yours... :p

mdm692
03-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Its funny to see different fanbases threatened in the east by the knicks nonetheless. The knicks have the best chance at beating the heat. They have explosive offense in melo, stat, js smith, lin, davis, hell novak went 5-8 behind the arc the other night.

AI
03-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Every Knick fan should really stop saying stuff like "We have the best chance at beating the Heat", etc etc. Miami kicked our *** last time we played. Do we have a chance? Sure, so does any other team in the NBA. Stop talking so much crap and wait until they either do something in the playoffs or not.

mdm692
03-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Every Knick fan should really stop saying stuff like "We have the best chance at beating the Heat", etc etc. Miami kicked our *** last time we played. Do we have a chance? Sure, so does any other team in the NBA. Stop talking so much crap and wait until they either do something in the playoffs or not.

umm the bulla swept the heat last year in reg season whole different story in playoffs.

heyman321
03-02-2012, 11:32 PM
umm the bulla swept the heat last year in reg season whole different story in playoffs.

If New York faces Miami in the playoffs I gurantee that New York gets swept. Either that or 4-1. Count on it.

Khri
03-02-2012, 11:35 PM

Miami was without Wade and Without Lebron in 2 of those games and not even healthy.

mdm692
03-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Still the fact is the playoffs are about matchups and how you exploit those match ups and the knicks match up very well with the heat as much as every heat and bulls fan wants to deny it they stand the better chance out of all the teams.

Melo4MVP2012
03-03-2012, 01:25 AM
U guys are delusional, the Knicks have by fa and away the best bench in the nba and have the best two defenders in the MBA in handler and shumpery, not to mention Jared Jeffries and fields are solid defenders. They also have he beat frontline in the MBA in Nell, stat and handler,v5 they could challenge any front court in the nba. Not to mention a top 5 pg in jeremy lin and a top 7 nba player in melo

mdm692
03-03-2012, 01:28 AM
^^^ehhh dont get too carried away.

Best 1v1 defenders
Iggy
Hill
James

Best bench perhaps but yet to be proven.

Top 5 pgs

Cp3
nash
Deron
Rose
Westbrook

Beantownsboss
03-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Baron davis is on crack, and the knicks dont have a shot. Defense wins championships

ohreally
03-03-2012, 01:40 AM

i swear i feel like some team just might sneak up on us all and win it all its just been a wierd season overall (besides miami just being so good throughout the year)

Keep an eye on Memphis

Beantownsboss
03-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Jeremy lin isnt a top 5 pg either dude hasnt even played a full season starting, he is good but top 5 lmao

justinnum1
03-03-2012, 01:44 AM
According to Knicks fans, the Knicks have a great defense. Their defense is awesome, they have the best bench in the league, Jeremy Lin is a top 3 PG and they're championship contenders.

Haven't you heard? New York Knicks, greatest .500 team in history.

lol