03-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Knicks.

Baron Davis
Iman Shumpert
J.R. Smith
Steve Novak
Jared Jeffries
Josh Harrelson

betta than any second unit in the league.

In fact our second unit is probably better than our first unit.

black1605
03-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Bobcats.

GiantsSwaGG
03-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Knicks its not even close...

Basically another starting unit!

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 09:11 PM

:cry:

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 09:12 PM

Knicks are absolutely in the convo, but i wouldn't go that far.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 09:15 PM

:eyebrow:

effen5
03-01-2012, 09:19 PM
The bulls and it's not even close.

ManRam
03-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Continuing the trend of insight, explanations and logic...

Magic.

Now, actually putting thought in this...

Probably Chicago or Philly. Both have everything: defense, shooting, big men, wings etc.

I think Miami's has potential, but lack consistent scoring. OKC's is strong, basically on the strength of Harden (since Maynor is out). They have quality, but non-scoring bigs.

Denver's has been strong. SA's should be great when Manu get's healthy. Dallas' always has potential too.

A gun to my head, I say Chicago.

warfelg
03-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Sixers and it's not even close

Lou/Turner/Thad Young/Lavoy Allen/Nic Vuc

Heck even one of them starts thanks to an injury.

Add in Battie and Noc who can both play and thats quite a deep team. And one of the highest scoring benches in the league.

smith&wesson
03-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Philly & Denver

i agree i think these teams thrive off of their depth.

Chicagofaithful
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
It's gotta be the bulls, most of their bench would start on most other teams.

CJ Watson
Kyle Korver
Ronnie Brewer
Taj Gibson
Omer Asik

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 09:31 PM
philly and denver

Bulls second unit lacks scoring and a playmaker

psperry34116
03-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Denver and philly's second units are absurd. Bulls and knicks fans stop being homers.
If denver gets chandler back theyre looking at
Miller
Fernandez/Brewer
Chandler
Harrington
Birdman/Faried.
Every one of those players would see 20+ on a team like Miami, OKC or LA.
NY's would be if they knew what defense was and if Baron Davis wasnt playing like a corpse.

psperry34116
03-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Bulls have best defensive bench

LakersMaster24
03-01-2012, 09:35 PM
The Lakers.

Dont I wish....God damn it. :pity:

LGhost
03-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Bulls is top 10 right now and they would be even better if it weren't for the injuries bringing bench players to the starting lineup. Our bench meshes real well when all together.

I don't know about the Knicks bench, maybe they are better now but they have been outdone by other benches for most of the season.

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't know about the Knicks bench, maybe they are better now but they have been outdone by other benches for most of the season.

We have to see the Knicks bench perform like this for more than a handful of games. Thats the bottom line. Against the Cavs last night they looked unreal.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 09:39 PM
knicks bench has a lot of scorers on it but i question there D

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 09:41 PM
knicks bench has a lot of scorers on it but i question there D

Wow, man. You really have no freakin' clue sometimes.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Wow, man. You really have no freakin' clue sometimes.

Outside of shumpert and jeffries, yea i question there D.

rockets-fan
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Knicks.

Baron Davis
Iman Shumpert
J.R. Smith
Steve Novak
Jared Jeffries
Josh Harrelson

Idk the rockets are good to

warfelg
03-01-2012, 09:46 PM
We have to see the Knicks bench perform like this for more than a handful of games. Thats the bottom line. Against the Cavs last night they looked unreal.

so have other benches...

rockets-fan
03-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I'd say knicks and rockets....Philly in there too

Rockets :

Dragic
Lee
Budinger
Patterson
Hill

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 09:48 PM
so have other benches...

This is true.

Sota4Ever
03-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Can i say the timberwolves?? they scored 74 points against the clippers on tuesday night. Pretty impressive

rockets-fan
03-01-2012, 09:51 PM
I take it back...when you look at stats rockets aren't even top 10.....I say Philly on this one

Meatmypet
03-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Knicks fan posting a thread indirectly about Knicks... This is why so many people hate us.

Meatmypet
03-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Outside of shumpert and jeffries, yea i question there D.

First off, their*.
Secondly. Knicks are ranked 5th out of 30 teams in defensive rating per 100 possessions this season. bench or not, you can't deny how drastic that improvement is compared to last season.

UPRock
03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Heat.

Norris Cole
Mike Miller
Shane Battier
Udonis Haslem
Burger King

psperry34116
03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
First off, their*.
Secondly. Knicks are ranked 5th out of 30 teams in defensive rating per 100 possessions this season. bench or not, you can't deny how drastic that improvement is compared to last season.

The Knicks have an excellent defense, literally 95% of their D is Chandler. Thats how good he is. But you cannot say that Steve Novak, JR Smith and Baron Davis aren't poor defenders. Also if it has nothing to do with the bench why are you posting in this thread?

psperry34116
03-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Heat.

Norris Cole
Mike Miller
Shane Battier
Udonis Haslem
Burger King

Hahaha burger king.
Heat have a good bench. Exactly what they need for their team, but they have health issues with Miller and no double digit scorers.

AWC713
03-01-2012, 10:00 PM
I take it back...when you look at stats rockets aren't even top 10.....I say Philly on this one

rockets are still up there...currently 5th or 6th in the very competitive western conference....all with no "stars", but an abundance of good role players.

lowry, goran dragic, kevin martin and courtney lee are very solid guards. flynn and t-will can't even get off the bench.

parsons has been playing like one of the best rookies in the league. very smart player on D, and can gaurd a 2, 3, or 4. this has also made budinger a better player, fighting for time like he should be. marcus morris has yet to play, and the rockets are still high on him. he jsut cant crack the rotation with parsons playing so well.

with bigs, the rockets have luis scola, up and coming patrick patterson, and sam dally who's not great, but is a consistant 8-8. they also have j. hill who's been servicable this year.

no stars on that team, but they play their heart out and are a blue collar team made up of very solid players. and thus far they've out succeeded most teams..

UPRock
03-01-2012, 10:09 PM
I agree with you, the Rockets are good, they just need a star over there.

Meatmypet
03-01-2012, 10:11 PM
The Knicks have an excellent defense, literally 95% of their D is Chandler. Thats how good he is. But you cannot say that Steve Novak, JR Smith and Baron Davis aren't poor defenders. Also if it has nothing to do with the bench why are you posting in this thread?

Jared Jefferies is underrated for someone who draws the most charge every season. Shumpert is amazing with his long arms at guarding the ball handler.

Davis might be older now, but he did lead the league in steals twice in the past. And although steals doesn't equate to "playing defense" just as block shots doesn't, it's a defensive stop to the game.

It's about team defense and not just individual efforts.

Hustla23
03-01-2012, 10:13 PM
How is it humanly possible to account for 95% of a team's defense? :confused:

J.R. Smith has been playing excellent defense so far this season.

Shumpert and Jeffries are elite defenders. They make up for B. Diddy and Novak, who, since they play limited minutes, play balls to the wall on defense anyway.

Our second unit is elite defensively, I can assure you. It's our first unit that has gaping holes in it thanks to Lin and Amare.

redwhitenblue
03-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Sixers, Nuggets and Bulls are top 3 IMO, in no particular order.

Some will scoff at the lack of scoring in the Bulls bench (though, when healthy they have Korver in there as well as Watson who's been one of the better 3pt shooters this year), but they are so damn tough defensively with Brewer, Gibson and Asik. There really isn't any game the Bulls have where their bench isn't better than their opponents.

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Shumpert and Jeffries are elite defenders. They make up for B. Diddy and Novak, who, since they play limited minutes, play balls to the wall on defense anyway.

Our second unit is elite defensively, I can assure you. It's our first unit that has gaping holes in it thanks to Lin and Amare.
We haven't had enough nationally televised games with this squad man. Nobody knows yet.

What do they say? you only need 3 good defenders on the floor at any given time. No less, but more is just a luxury. I could've butchered that but you get the point.

t_money25
I like the Heat's second unit alot because either Wade, Lebron, or Bosh or a combination of 2 will always be on the floor with the second unit. The only time all three of them are on the bench is when the Heat are up 20+ points with less than 4 minutes left in the game.

bklynny67
Alright, here's the deal. A Knicks fan made this thread obviously because of there recent additions and now being healthy and cuz of the emergence of Lin and Novak.

Because a Knicks fan made this thread, no one will say the Knicks.

And basically in this thread so far its Knicks fans saying the Knicks, Sixers fans saying the Sixers, and Bulls fans saying the Bulls.

NYkillaPriest
03-01-2012, 10:21 PM

have you watched JR Smith play this season?..Novak?..and Davis just got back..both Smith and Novak have been playing good defense..you talk down the Knicks defense like this is last season..that goes for anybody questioning the Knicks defense..get over last season...and its more like a 60/40 split on the defensive improvement between Chandler and Mike Woodson

For the answer I'm going with the home team...Knicks

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 10:22 PM
did someone change the name of this thread? i could have sworn it said "deepest bench" like 20 minutes ago lol

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Alright, here's the deal. A Knicks fan made this thread obviously because of there recent additions and now being healthy and cuz of the emergence of Lin and Novak.

Because a Knicks fan made this thread, no one will say the Knicks.

And basically in this thread so far its Knicks fans saying the Knicks, Sixers fans saying the Sixers, and Bulls fans saying the Bulls.

lol. yup.

Anyone else think Minnesota is as deep as anyone? Once Rubio comes along, If Beez and Wes would play to their potential they would be scary good.

t_money25
03-01-2012, 10:23 PM
How is it humanly possible to account for 95% of a team's defense? :confused:

Hold on there a minute....Shumpert an elite defender? He has only played 29 NBA games so far and he's already an elite defender?? Jeffries an elite defender?

Move over Dwight Howard, Shumpert or Jeffries are DPOY candidates according to this guy! Lol

sep11ie
03-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Houston has some depth. Dragic/Lee/Budinger/Patterson/Hill outplay our starters quite a bit.

Hustla23
03-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Hold on there a minute....Shumpert an elite defender? He has only played 29 NBA games so far and he's already an elite defender?? Jeffries an elite defender?

Move over Dwight Howard, Shumpert or Jeffries are DPOY candidates according to this guy! Lol
This is like a prime example of a straw man fallacy.

If they weren't elite defenders, the Knicks wouldn't have jumped 20 spots in defensive efficiency ranking not to mention their individual defensive stats are more than telling.

Gram
03-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Denver.

latinofire21
03-01-2012, 11:41 PM
In all honesty this is what I feel is the deepest teams in the league -

Knicks
Phili
Chicago
Denver

Phili - Great second unit they can run the court with 2 lineups and not lose a step.
Denver - Same goes for them as well.
Both teams have no legitimate star and I believe thats why their benches are so good. They clearly spent more money on role players then most teams in the league.

Chicago has the right mix of star talent with a deep bench. As much as I hate most of the Chicago posters on here you have to give them credit with their bench. Like one of the previous posters said they have starters on their bench.

Knicks - The team is coming together nicely and by the end of the season they will be considered one of the deepest teams in the league. Unfortunately with most of the posters on PSD the stigmas is all they go by. They dont see the team play or even look up stats, they simply go by whats historically the team is known for. I still see idiots posting that they dont play defense even though they are ranked among the elite in the defensive end. Some things never change and its just pointless trying to convince them otherwise.

Knicks second unit has Baron Davis (should be a starter on an nba team) JR smith (should be a starter on another team) Jefferies (solid defensive catalyst who can provide limited offense) Iman Shumpert (rookie whos already getting a reputation for a top notch man to man defender and slasher to the hoop) Steve Novak (One of the top shooters in the league) Harrelson (Rookie Bigman with a great defensive skill set and a nice outside shot). We even have toney douglas who was our original starter, and Billy clueless walker on the bench to never see minutes again. This team is scary deep and it will be evident once people get to see a little bit more of Knicks basketball.

Fnom11
03-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Knicks.

Baron Davis
Iman Shumpert
J.R. Smith
Steve Novak
Jared Jeffries
Josh Harrelson

Aside from David and Harrelson that's a good lineup.

WAYNEBO
03-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Denver... even with their recent subtractions.

blastmasta26
03-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Which Team has the deepest rotation?

Expalin why.

Was that intentional?

alexander_37
03-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Knicks.

Baron Davis
Iman Shumpert
J.R. Smith
Steve Novak
Jared Jeffries
Josh Harrelson

Dragic
Lee
Budinger
Patterson
Hill

are better IMO.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Knicks fan created this to see how much praise his team would get; by Knicks fans.

The Knicks have a solid bench but not the best.

-Baron Davis is a decent backup but it ends right there. Doesn't play defense.
-JR Smith will light it up once every five or six games but doesn't play defense.
-Steve Novak is a great 3 point shooter but literally can do nothing else.
-Jared Jeffries is a decent defender and like Novak, can do nothing else.
-Shumpert is the best defensive rookie but saying he is elite is pure homerism.
-If you mention Josh Harrellson, every team might as well mention their 14th/15th man.

Top 10 bench in the NBA but not that great defensively and not the best...

I would say Denver has the best bench.

-Chandler (possibly)
-Andre Miller
-Al Harrington
-Rudy Fernandez
-Corey Brewer
-Timofey Mozgov
-Chris Anderson
-Jordan Hamilton
-Kenneth Faried

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Knicks fan created this to see how much praise his team would get; by Knicks fans.

The Knicks have a solid bench but not the best.

-Baron Davis is a decent backup but it ends right there. Doesn't play defense.
-JR Smith will light it up once every five or six games but doesn't play defense.
-Steve Novak is a great 3 point shooter but literally can do nothing else.
-Jared Jeffries is a decent defender and like Novak, can do nothing else.
-Shumpert is the best defensive rookie but saying he is elite is pure homerism.
-If you mention Josh Harrellson, every team might as well mention their 14th/15th man.

Top 10 bench in the NBA but not that great defensively and not the best...

I would say Denver has the best bench.

-Chandler (possibly)
-Andre Miller
-Al Harrington
-Rudy Fernandez
-Corey Brewer
-Timofey Mozgov
-Chris Anderson
-Jordan Hamilton
-Kenneth Faried

Baron Davis is still a starter in this league. With all the combo guards trying to play the point there is still teams out there that will make him their starter. He plays above average defense.

JR Smith plays hounding defense. Hes definitely a defensive catalyst coming off the bench. The knock on him is that he on facilitates when he feels like it. When hes off he isnt as helpful because he will keep shooting regardless if they are going in or not.

Jared Jefferies is a defensive stud and his offense has been getting much better since Lin came about. He is by no means an offensive threat but he can now knock down open jumpers and finish around the rim better then he did last year.

Shumpert is a very good defender. No one has stated that he is elite but they have stated he has the potential to be elite. As of right now I can only pick a handful of 2 guards that I would want instead of him for this team right now.

Novak is a great 3 point shooter but if you actually watch the games you would understand why he looks so bad on defense. Typically they throw him in the game to stretch the floor. That means he plays a lot of small forward when hes in the game. His natural position is clearly the 4 even though a power game isnt really his thing. He isnt quick enough to guard guys on the perimeter. On the flip side perimeter guys cant really contest him well because of his side so its a coin flip really when hes out there. I have seen him play the 4 alongside Chandler and he looks real good on the defensive end. When all he has to do is box out and get rebounds. Novak guarding the perimeter is a recipe for disaster.

Now I really questioned your assessments of the guys above that I wrote about but after seeing what you wrote about Harrelson I know you havent ever watched a Knick game in your life. Which goes back to the arguement I was making on people making their opinions off of reputation and history rather then the actual game. Harrelson was a big part of the rotation prior to his wrist injury so claiming him as just another regular 14/15th guy in the lineup is completely ridiculous.

I cant make educated opinions on the Rockets, or the Trailblazers, or the Nuggets because I dont watch them enough. I think you should probably do the same since clearly you havent watched a Knick game this season.

Fnom11
03-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Baron Davis is still a starter in this league. With all the combo guards trying to play the point there is still teams out there that will make him their starter. He plays above average defense.

JR Smith plays hounding defense. Hes definitely a defensive catalyst coming off the bench. The knock on him is that he on facilitates when he feels like it. When hes off he isnt as helpful because he will keep shooting regardless if they are going in or not.

Jared Jefferies is a defensive stud and his offense has been getting much better since Lin came about. He is by no means an offensive threat but he can now knock down open jumpers and finish around the rim better then he did last year.

Shumpert is a very good defender. No one has stated that he is elite but they have stated he has the potential to be elite. As of right now I can only pick a handful of 2 guards that I would want instead of him for this team right now.

Novak is a great 3 point shooter but if you actually watch the games you would understand why he looks so bad on defense. Typically they throw him in the game to stretch the floor. That means he plays a lot of small forward when hes in the game. His natural position is clearly the 4 even though a power game isnt really his thing. He isnt quick enough to guard guys on the perimeter. On the flip side perimeter guys cant really contest him well because of his side so its a coin flip really when hes out there. I have seen him play the 4 alongside Chandler and he looks real good on the defensive end. When all he has to do is box out and get rebounds. Novak guarding the perimeter is a recipe for disaster.

Now I really questioned your assessments of the guys above that I wrote about but after seeing what you wrote about Harrelson I know you havent ever watched a Knick game in your life. Which goes back to the arguement I was making on people making their opinions off of reputation and history rather then the actual game. Harrelson was a big part of the rotation prior to his wrist injury so claiming him as just another regular 14/15th guy in the lineup is completely ridiculous.

I cant make educated opinions on the Rockets, or the Trailblazers, or the Nuggets because I dont watch them enough. I think you should probably do the same since clearly you havent watched a Knick game this season.

Baron Davis is not a starting PG in this league. There's a reason he was amnestied and cleared waivers. Not a knock of Biddy though, just the truth.

Master Mind
03-02-2012, 02:36 AM
Philly, Denver, NY, Chi, Minny...

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Baron Davis is not a starting PG in this league. There's a reason he was amnestied and cleared waivers. Not a knock of Biddy though, just the truth.

Yeah that reason was the herniated disk in his back that the league that was career ending. Knicks brought him back slow and hes performing. Hes still definitely a starter in this league. A team like Sacramento would take him in a heartbeat to run that offense. Same goes for New Orleans. He still can start in this league.

alexander_37
03-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Whatever people are smoking saying NY is even top 3-5 in terms of a bench, I want some.

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Whatever people are smoking saying NY is even top 3-5 in terms of a bench, I want some.

great analysis

naps
03-02-2012, 03:25 AM
It's Denver by miles and miles and miles....

Miller
Fernandez/Brewer
Chandler
Harrington
Birdman/Faried.

That's ^ an absurd bench. Ridiculous. I am pretty confident they would beat many starting lineups.

naps
03-02-2012, 03:26 AM
Knicks fans are cute with overrating everything related to their team. Knicks have a good bench but nowhere near the top benches in the league.

alexander_37
03-02-2012, 04:03 AM
great analysis

Look at the stats....

Most other teams benches put up better stats at more efficient rates while playing equal or better defense...

CityofChaos
03-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Philly and Denver.

mkdo
03-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Sixers and it's not even close

Lou/Turner/Thad Young/Lavoy Allen/Nic Vuc

Heck even one of them starts thanks to an injury.

Add in Battie and Noc who can both play and thats quite a deep team. And one of the highest scoring benches in the league.

hey man who's the signature?

ThunderousDemon
03-02-2012, 04:38 AM
Lakers, Troy Murphy nuff said.

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 04:43 AM
Knicks fans are cute with overrating everything related to their team. Knicks have a good bench but nowhere near the top benches in the league.

Yeah I agree, and maybe Philly and Denver has the top benches in the league, but they've got no superstar... The Knicks has a deep bench and they have superstars... That's the beauty of it...:clap:

Silent
03-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Chicago and Philly

Silent
03-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Yeah I agree, and maybe Philly and Denver has the top benches in the league, but they've got no superstar... The Knicks has a deep bench and they have superstars... That's the beauty of it...:clap:

Who??????

abe_froman
03-02-2012, 04:58 AM
philly,denver are tops followed by the likes of chi,spurs...the usual suspects

but lol at ny fans,anything that is anything better than crap must equal greatest/best when it comes to their team(only those extremes there is no such thing as anything inbetween)

naps
03-02-2012, 05:07 AM

Knicks have superstars in their bench? Who? And I am pretty sure this thread is discussing the bench rotations NOT the starting lineups.

And going by logic it's not necessarily a beauty to have so-called superstars. Both of those teams have better record than the Knicks. And I am not sure I would have any of Melo/Amare in my superstars list but that's debatable since the definition of superstar varies from person to person.

Baller1
03-02-2012, 05:13 AM
OKC please, when healthy.

Maynor
Harden
Cook
Collison
Mohammed

Seriously, that could compete with multiple starting lineups in this league.

Beltrans Mole
03-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Is the Sixers bench really better than the Knicks? Lou and Thad are solid but so are Baron and JR Smith....plus we have Shumpert. I think Jeffries and Lavoy Allen are a wash (Lavoy went to my HS by the way). I don't know I think it's fairly close considering how money Novak has been lately.

Jesse2272
03-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Sixers
Knicks
Denver
Cavs

abe_froman
03-02-2012, 05:25 AM
Is the Sixers bench really better than the Knicks? Lou and Thad are solid but so are Baron and JR Smith....plus we have Shumpert. I think Jeffries and Lavoy Allen are a wash (Lavoy went to my HS by the way). I don't know I think it's fairly close considering how money Novak has been lately.

names are the end all of judgement ,philly's bench is loaded with quality two way players giving them the best differential in the league

LGhost
03-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Where is all this Knicks bench crap coming from? Are people talking about what they expect or what has been shown already?

Knicks bench averages

Points - 26.9 - 24th in league
Rebounds - 11.0 - 30th in league
Assists - 5.3 - 26th in league
Field Goal Pct - 40% - 23rd in league
3pt Pct - 33% - 19th in league
Efficiency - 28.2 - 26th in league
Diff Eff - (-2.4) - 19th in league

yankeesown69
03-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Where is all this Knicks bench crap coming from? Are people talking about what they expect or what has been shown already?

Knicks bench averages

The Knicks bench now is not the one that put up those numbers. That bench didn't have JR, Baron or even a healthy Harrelson as the 11th man.

you have shooting: JR, novak harrelson, defense: shumpert, jeffries, harrelson and a playmaker in Davis. Its definitely in the top echelon now, but its too early to call it the best until they show it every night. Potential wise though if all are healthy definitely has the ability to be the best bench in the league

Fnom11
03-02-2012, 06:38 AM
The Knicks bench now is not the one that put up those numbers. That bench didn't have JR, Baron or even a healthy Harrelson as the 11th man.

you have shooting: JR, novak harrelson, defense: shumpert, jeffries, harrelson and a playmaker in Davis. Its definitely in the top echelon now, but its too early to call it the best until they show it every night. Potential wise though if all are healthy definitely has the ability to be the best bench in the league

Are Knicks fan really that oblivious about Baron Davis? The dude has played horrible as a Knick, granted he's still out of shape.

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Denver, Chicago and Philly

No love for SA in this thread. Their bench production is at least top 5 right now and they are doing it by playing team ball. They don't have a lot of household names.

TJ Ford
Danny Green (Starting in place of Manu)
Tiago Splitter
Matt Bonner
Kawhi Leonard
Gary Neal

And I fully expect Manu to go back to that 6th man role

ragee
03-02-2012, 06:59 AM
No Love for Mavs bench? Aren't we number 1 in bench scoring? Our defense is not that bad either.

Terry
Roddy
West
Odom
Mahinmi
Wright
Yi
Jones
Cardinal

jp611
03-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Philly, Denver, and Chicago in that order

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Knicks have superstars in their bench? Who? And I am pretty sure this thread is discussing the bench rotations NOT the starting lineups.

And going by logic it's not necessarily a beauty to have so-called superstars. Both of those teams have better record than the Knicks. And I am not sure I would have any of Melo/Amare in my superstars list but that's debatable since the definition of superstar varies from person to person.

First of all I did not mention they have superstars on the bench, its common sense dude if you have a superstar on your team then he must be starting, ok? And maybe you can go back reading the thread title "DEEPEST ROTATION", so it can be the whole rotation of the team from starters to bench, get it?? Lastly, while it might be debatable to you to call Amare and Melo superstars, but I do consider them, maybe you can go back check their career stats, credentials, all star appearances, all-nba 1st 2nd 3rd team, olympic gold medals and team USA selections and tell me if those are not worth superstar consideration??? Plus we have Tyson Chandler, while he may not be a superstar, he has his own CHAMPIONSHIP RING, and he played a big part in winning it!

PhillyFaninLA
03-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Sixers are the deepest. There depth is why they have been successful. They need more in the starting line up but depth they are 7 - 10 deep with players that other teams would want.

sintaks12
03-02-2012, 08:47 AM

Knicks bench averages

This. The bench as it's currently constructed has played a grand total of 3 games together. The Knicks bench to date has been mediocre... but with the additions of JR Smith, a healthy Davis and Novak (who found his stroke)... that's a pretty tough bench IMO and if they had played together all year, those numbers above would be drastically different. Who cares who's best though... especially in the regular season. See you guys in the playoffs :)

03-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Knicks second unit has Baron Davis (should be a starter on an nba team) JR smith (should be a starter on another team) Jefferies (solid defensive catalyst who can provide limited offense) Iman Shumpert (rookie whos already getting a reputation for a top notch man to man defender and slasher to the hoop) Steve Novak (One of the top shooters in the league) Harrelson (Rookie Bigman with a great defensive skill set and a nice outside shot).

R u joking..... Have you seen baron davis play this year?????? It's almost like he has almost forgot how to play bball

03-02-2012, 08:57 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The beauty of it all really, especially for denver fans, is how carmelo the "superstar" was traded to new york for their whole starting lineup, excluding amare :facepalm:. That my friend is why Denver Nuggets most definitely has the deepest team in the league

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 09:04 AM
R u joking..... Have you seen baron davis play this year?????? It's almost like he has almost forgot how to play bball

Well of course he is still recovering from an injury... Its not like you came from an injury and be lights out... Have you seen his last game against the Cavs? 8 assists and 0 turnovers in a span of 14 minutes! Was that someone who forgot how to play ball?????? lol. Some starting point guards can't even dish out 8 assists in 32 minutes of play....

03-02-2012, 09:07 AM
^ Look, i'm not stupid. I saw that game, i have actually been watching every knicks game, mainly becuase of the whole linsanity thing. But Baron davis is washed up, and like i said before, I disagree that baron davis could start on any team in this league at this stage of his career.

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 09:07 AM

The beauty of it all really, especially for denver fans, is how carmelo the "superstar" was traded to new york for their whole starting lineup, excluding amare :facepalm:. That my friend is why Denver Nuggets most definitely has the deepest team in the league

Yeah but the beauty of it is we regained our bench this year with Carmelo in our lineup...:clap:

03-02-2012, 09:10 AM
great, well done. DEnver nuggets bench still sh*** all over the knicks bench.

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 09:19 AM

Well I guess the Nuggets are so envious of what the Knicks have now... By the way I want to thank the Nuggets FO because if not for their greediness of demanding for Felton in the deal then we don't have Linsanity now... :p

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 09:22 AM

But Knicks starters sh*** all over the Nuggets starters.

avrpatsfan
03-02-2012, 09:24 AM
76ers

effen5
03-02-2012, 09:25 AM

At this point I think I would take the nuggets.

03-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Well thats where your wrong, clearly the only games you watch are knicks games :facepalm:

Becks2307
03-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Are Knicks fan really that oblivious about Baron Davis? The dude has played horrible as a Knick, granted he's still out of shape.

....well i never

how do people make these ridiculous statements without backing them up with any facts?

Baron would start on

Heat
Lakers
Kings
Hornets

At least, he is probably better than Jameer Nelson too.

jp611
03-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Knicks fans are comical

benzni
03-02-2012, 09:36 AM
the Nets and it ain't even close.

2nd would be Sac

03-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Well I guess the Nuggets are so envious of what the Knicks have now... By the way I want to thank the Nuggets FO because if not for their greediness of demanding for Felton in the deal then we don't have Linsanity now... :p

Yeh that 18-18 record is pretty envious ......:eyebrow:

Squad13
03-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Clearly the lakers have the best bench. Hell, we've got Luke Walton sitting there getting no PT. Do you realize how high his basketball IQ is?

03-02-2012, 09:47 AM
....well i never

how do people make these ridiculous statements without backing them up with any facts?

Baron would start on

Heat
Lakers
Kings
Hornets

Derek fisher is the closest their, but if laker fans have seen davis play this season, they wouldn't want him starting..

Have you been watching any games lately???

Mario chalmers, although not a star is a solid PG, alot better than davis.
Jarret Jack is hugely under rated
And Isiah Thomas just got rookie of the month award, he's been miles better than davis this season....

Look.... if you only follow your own team, and don't really have a broad knowledge of other teams and their rosters, then don't state anything big before you actually know what your talking about.

I'm not trying to be rude, it's just annoying sometimes ::cry:

also, if any magic fans see that you said davis should start instead of jameer, their co-captain of the team........ they would just laugh

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Well thats where your wrong, clearly the only games you watch are knicks games :facepalm:

Nope, I also watch other games including the Nuggets, and I know that they've been slumping lately, and Ty Lawson has been solid all season... But cmon Knicks starters compared to Nuggets starters is a no brainer.... Clearly your just hating on the Knicks.

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeh that 18-18 record is pretty envious ......:eyebrow:

Yeah and the Nuggets 19-17 record is a dream...:eyebrow: lol!

03-02-2012, 09:58 AM
no, i understand that you would think that the knicks have a better starting line up than the nuggets, because they have all the hyped up players like carmello and amare, big time allstars. awesom. But when looking at how your starting line up compares to the nuggets, i say, the nuggets have a better overall starting line up.. and alot of other non-knicks fans would agree with me.

Amare is a shell of his former self, agree??
Melo is playing bad, but only becaseu he is getting used to playing with lin, i admit melo is melo.

But do you remember when the nuggets last faced your knicks, do you remember gallanari just rolling melo?? We don't have big name players, it's becasue they play in a small market.

Gallo has played, and is a better SF this season than melo, not specifically offensively, but overall.

A line up of Ty lawson, Arron Afflolo, Gallanari, Nene, Mosgov, is better than the knicks roster.. I mean before the nuggets ridiculous injury pile, they were a couple of games behind 1st in the west. A conference that by the way is so much more competitive than the east.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-02-2012, 10:09 AM
no, i understand that you would think that the knicks have a better starting line up than the nuggets, because they have all the hyped up players like carmello and amare, big time allstars. awesom. But when looking at how your starting line up compares to the nuggets, i say, the nuggets have a better overall starting line up.. and alot of other non-knicks fans would agree with me.

Melo is playing bad, but only becaseu he is getting used to playing with lin, i admit melo is melo.

But do you remember when the nuggets last faced your knicks, do you remember gallanari just rolling melo?? We don't have big name players, it's becasue they play in a small market.

Gallo has played, and is a better SF this season than melo, not specifically offensively, but overall.

A line up of Ty lawson, Arron Afflolo, Gallanari, Nene, Mosgov, is better than the knicks roster.. I mean before the nuggets ridiculous injury pile, they were a couple of games behind 1st in the west. A conference that by the way is so much more competitive than the east.

I think a line up of Lin,Fields,Melo,Amar'e and Chandler is much better than the Nuggets lineup. And bringing up the last matchup between the two is almost completely irrelevant right now. It's best to wait until they play again, both teams at full strength, so we can see what team is better.

Becks2307
03-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Derek fisher is the closest their, but if laker fans have seen davis play this season, they wouldn't want him starting..

Have you been watching any games lately???

Mario chalmers, although not a star is a solid PG, alot better than davis.
Jarret Jack is hugely under rated
And Isiah Thomas just got rookie of the month award, he's been miles better than davis this season....

Look.... if you only follow your own team, and don't really have a broad knowledge of other teams and their rosters, then don't state anything big before you actually know what your talking about.

I'm not trying to be rude, it's just annoying sometimes ::cry:

also, if any magic fans see that you said davis should start instead of jameer, their co-captain of the team........ they would just laugh

LMAO Where has this "davis has played so bad" come from??

Davis has played what 9mins a game, and is finally getting his legs under him
He had 8 assists in 13mins last game.

I am by no means saying he is a star PG anymore but Davis was pretty solid last season on a horrible Cavs team, and he looks in even better shape than he was last year. I will concede that maybe he needs more games under his belt, but he is MILES ahead of Derek Fisher, the lakers would do that in a heartbeat.

Jarret Jack is not underrated, he used to be until everyone kept realizing he is underrated and started respecting his game, he is a solid PG nothing more nothing less.

but jameer nelson...

the same Jameer Nelson who has gotten progressively worse since his all star appearance and is averaging 9 and 5 on 39% shooting in 30mins?

Im not trying to be rude either but you make these broad generalizations on Davis' game as if he has been playing all season and it boggles my mind.

"but if laker fans have seen davis play this season, they wouldn't want him starting"

He115ing
03-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Knicks,

Our Bench looks like a starting unit.

He115ing
03-02-2012, 10:14 AM

wait... George Karl, is that you??

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Oh cmon your just falling in love with Gallo... lol! Yeah I agree Gallo is having a wonderful season, but to say that he is better than Melo this season is a product of your bitterness towards Melo for leaving your team... Melo in his worst this season is averaging 21pts on 40% fg shooting, 6 rebs, 4 assists per ball game, compared to Gallo who is having a wonderful season at 17pts, 44%fg, 5 rebs, and 2 assists. How could that be better? If your saying that he is playing at par with Melo then I'll agree...

nyKnicks126
03-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Gallo hasn't played for like 3 weeks..

nycericanguy
03-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Listen I'm just glad NY is even in the convo at this point. It wasn;t too long ago that the KNicks were arguably the thinnest team in the NBA. We had holes everywhere. And with some luck and great drafting and signings we have gone from one of the thinnest, to at least top 5 deepest. NY can go a legit 11 deep, and the funny thing is thats without our 6th man for the past 2 years in Douglas who completely fell off this year and is out of the rotation.

Now with Lin, Shump, Harrelson, Davis, JR & Novak we added 6 quality players, and aside from Shump who was drafted 17th, these guys were 2nd rounders or signed at min.

Baron Davis looks like he's rounding into form, that CLE game made me remember just how good he is. 8 assists, 0 To's in 15min. We forget he averaged 14 & 7 just last year, imagine what he could do in this offense. PG is now a position of strength for NY. Its amazing how things can change so quickly.

Greet
03-02-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't really like NY's depth that much tbh

Briggurlacher
03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Honest question: Why do Knicks fans have to make SO many excuses to prove points?

There is ALWAYS an excuse to make things true, or to make things appear better than they are. I really don't get it.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Honest question: Why do Knicks fans have to make SO many excuses to prove points?

There is ALWAYS an excuse to make things true, or to make things appear better than they are. I really don't get it.

Just curious. What kind of excuses are you talking about? I can probably help answer your question.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Just curious. What kind of excuses are you talking about? I can probably help answer your question.

Lin has a bad game, its becuase he's tired, he's a rookie,...but when he has a good game he's elite:confused:

It's always something, when the knicks win they are elite contenders. When they lose its because they dont have chemistry yet, guys are injured, refs screwed them....

I was looking in your cle game thread the other night, perfect example. You guys are playing like **** in the first half, and people are freaking out, then the cavs start playing like **** and the knicks are back to elite.

nycericanguy
03-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Lin has a bad game, its becuase he's tired, he's a rookie,...but when he has a good game he's elite:confused:

It's always something, when the knicks win they are elite contenders. When they lose its because they dont have chemistry yet, guys are injured, refs screwed them....

I was looking in your cle game thread the other night, perfect example. You guys are playing like **** in the first half, and people are freaking out, then the cavs start playing like **** and the knicks are back to elite.

God you hate Lin & the Knicks so much you have to bring him up in every post and thread...lol.

Kid had ONE bad game out of 14, yet you keep bringing up that ONE game.

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
God you hate Lin & the Knicks so much you have to bring him up in every post and thread...lol.

Kid had ONE bad game out of 14, yet you keep bringing up that ONE game.

Its because he's a Heat fan, of course he'll hate the Knicks.... He even admitted he was on our game thread against the Cavs, probably trolling... lol.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-02-2012, 12:01 PM

lol pot meet kettle

Also FYI, there is nothing in that post that other fan bases dont also do.

These are such generic excuses that pretty much all teams use. If the heat dont win the finals you can bet your *** there will be excuses left and right, like there were last year.

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 12:17 PM
lol pot meet kettle

Also FYI, there is nothing in that post that other fan bases dont also do.

These are such generic excuses that pretty much all teams use. If the heat dont win the finals you can bet your *** there will be excuses left and right, like there were last year.

Exactly! I wonder what he'll say when Lebron chokes up again...:cry:

nycericanguy
03-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Its because he's a Heat fan, of course he'll hate the Knicks.... He even admitted he was on our game thread against the Cavs, probably trolling... lol.

I mean yea I understand that, I hate MIA & CHI, but I can give their players props, and I don't sit around going into every MIA forum to say something bad about their players...

just odd I guess.

Auseranami
03-02-2012, 12:32 PM

who is that goddess with the gigantic ***?

my answer would be the knicks. solid spot up shooters and defenders backing up what should be the best starting lineup...

sintaks12
03-02-2012, 12:35 PM

Here's the hypocrisy in it all... when all those awesome players were on the Knicks, they were considered scrubs. Once they become Nuggets, they're suddenly amazing and make them deep. GTFO. Pretty sure if you ask any Knick fan, homer or not, they'd still do the Melo deal 100 times out of 100.

celtNYpatsHeels
03-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Philly and Denver are pretty deep.

But id go chicago

Rose/watson (sometimes lucas)
Hamilton/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/ Asik

Legit 10 deep when Rip's healthy

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Here's the hypocrisy in it all... when all those awesome players were on the Knicks, they were considered scrubs. Once they become Nuggets, they're suddenly amazing and make them deep. GTFO. Pretty sure if you ask any Knick fan, homer or not, they'd still do the Melo deal 100 times out of 100.

Yep I love the hypocrisy as well. I also love how they list Chandler who isnt even on the roster yet but they bash the knicks posters who include JR Smith and Baron Davis who havent played enough to be considered a part of the bench. lol

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 01:44 PM

x1000000

couldn't have said it better myself

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Knicks must be the greatest .500 team in history. All I keep hearing about is how awesome the Knicks are.

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Knicks must be the greatest .500 team in history. All I keep hearing about is how awesome the Knicks are.

You will be hearing that for the remainder of the season too. Get used to it pal!

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh brother, where are the realistic Knicks fans? Your team stopped being totally sucky merely a few weeks ago, now suddenly you're one of the deepest teams in the league and a legit contender? A month ago I was reading the Knicks forum and everyone in there was screaming for your coach to be fired and complaining about how your team was worse than the Bobcats.

Dang. Can you be significantly better than a .500 team for one full season before I start hopping on the Knicks bandwagon? 3 weeks of good play isn't enough time to convince me.

natelpete
03-02-2012, 02:16 PM

haha... YES

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 02:18 PM

Must be similar to how Lebron is the greatest ringless king in history huh?

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh brother, where are the realistic Knicks fans? Your team stopped being totally sucky merely a few weeks ago, now suddenly you're one of the deepest teams in the league and a legit contender? A month ago I was reading the Knicks forum and everyone in there was screaming for your coach to be fired and complaining about how your team was worse than the Bobcats.

Dang. Can you be significantly better than a .500 team for one full season before I start hopping on the Knicks bandwagon? 3 weeks of good play isn't enough time to convince me.

We dont need you to be convinced. Its still not going to stop the others from posting who are convinced. From what I remember is that the Knicks posters were claiming Baron Davis was going to right the ship. We needed PG play badly and that was a huge reason for our rough start. Toney Douglas almost played himself out of the NBA with his performance in the beginning of the season. Why fans were screaming for Dantonis head was simply because we were sacrificing yet another season when their were PGs who could have immediately righted the ship when it started spiraling. Mike James comes to mind. Even if the guy was here for just 3 weeks helping us stay afloat that would have been better then giving away 2 weeks of games with the Douglas experiment still sucking.

When the emergence of Lin came around clearly the team is a different team. We got the PG play we have been begging for all season. Players no longer have to play out of position to compensate for the lack of PG play. There is a more defined set of roles for this team now. With Baron back we have 2 capable PGs to run the offense. I cant really understand the arguement that non Knick fans place stating their record. Clearly the record that should matter is the record beginning with Lin at the helm since thats our team moving forward. Everything behind that is an after thought.

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Must be similar to how Lebron is the greatest ringless king in history huh?

Yeah exactly, but hell...all those Cavs teams were at least consistently good year in and year out. The Heat are consistently good. The Knicks were awful as recently as 30 days ago! Slow your roll Knicks fans...your team has been running on potential and being 'good on paper' for YEARS now. Put together a consistently good team in reality instead of just on paper, then we can talk about how good the Knicks are.

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 02:26 PM
We dont need you to be convinced. Its still not going to stop the others from posting who are convinced. From what I remember is that the Knicks posters were claiming Baron Davis was going to right the ship. We needed PG play badly and that was a huge reason for our rough start. Toney Douglas almost played himself out of the NBA with his performance in the beginning of the season. Why fans were screaming for Dantonis head was simply because we were sacrificing yet another season when their were PGs who could have immediately righted the ship when it started spiraling. Mike James comes to mind. Even if the guy was here for just 3 weeks helping us stay afloat that would have been better then giving away 2 weeks of games with the Douglas experiment still sucking.

When the emergence of Lin came around clearly the team is a different team. We got the PG play we have been begging for all season. Players no longer have to play out of position to compensate for the lack of PG play. There is a more defined set of roles for this team now. With Baron back we have 2 capable PGs to run the offense. I cant really understand the arguement that non Knick fans place stating their record. Clearly the record that should matter is the record beginning with Lin at the helm since thats our team moving forward. Everything behind that is an after thought.

The Knicks have been hot and on a winning streak, but that's it. So were the Sixers, so were the Pacers earlier in the season. People were questioning if they were the real deal, now look at them. Consistency is what matters, not 3 weeks of winning.

Gritz
03-02-2012, 02:27 PM
The Cavs and it's not even close

naps
03-02-2012, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=sharqstealth;21170389]First of all I did not mention they have superstars on the bench, its common sense dude if you have a superstar on your team then he must be starting, ok? And maybe you can go back reading the thread title "DEEPEST ROTATION", so it can be the whole rotation of the team from starters to bench, get it??

No, it's not a common sense. You failed to mention it. You quoted me where I was talking about the bench not starters, and this thread has been on the bench if you go by posts.

Lastly, while it might be debatable to you to call Amare and Melo superstars, but I do consider them, maybe you can go back check their career stats, credentials, all star appearances, all-nba 1st 2nd 3rd team, olympic gold medals and team USA selections and tell me if those are not worth superstar consideration??? Plus we have Tyson Chandler, while he may not be a superstar, he has his own CHAMPIONSHIP RING, and he played a big part in winning it!

Good for you if you consider them superstars. There are not more than 5 superstars in the league in my book. A player out of top 10 can't be considered a superstar the way I look at it. But I guess as soon as you become a Knick you become a star becomes a superstar within seconds :rolleyes:

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 02:29 PM
The Knicks have been hot and on a winning streak, but that's it. So were the Sixers, so were the Pacers earlier in the season. People were questioning if they were the real deal, now look at them. Consistency is what matters, not 3 weeks of winning.

do you know how long the regular season last for?? you have this month and next and thats it. 3 weeks of winning is a lot in this shortened season

naps
03-02-2012, 02:30 PM

Exactly.

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 02:32 PM

We all have our opinions and clearly my opinion is different from yours. PG play was the reason for our downfall in the beginning of the season. We have 2 PGs now and we are winning a lot of games. If you want to use the sample size arguement go for it. Many other posters have already eaten crow with that arguement already in the Lin Discussion thread. I dont mind waiting longer, but I am not going to hold back my opinion on my team.

The whole Sample size arguement seems a bit cowardly to me to be honest. If you have to wait months before you give people any credit I think thats a shame and kills credibility as a fan of the game. You should be able to tell talent and understand whats a fluke and whats not a fluke from watching the games if you have any serious knowledge of the sport. Winning games in crunch time due to PG play clearly kills all credibility to your arguement. A hot streak doesnt make you a good playmaker. You can claim Novak is on a hot streak and I wouldnt be able to defend that arguement, but to claim the Knicks are just on a hot streak when its clearly because they have a ton of scorers and FINALLY A FACILITATOR to get them the ball in position for success is a bit ridiculous.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 02:34 PM
do you know how long the regular season last for?? you have this month and next and thats it. 3 weeks of winning is a lot in this shortened season

Not really, also lets look at the competition...

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 02:35 PM
So I ask for consistency and Knicks fans come back with "Well, 3 weeks is a long time in a shortened season".

What? 3 weeks of not sucking is consistent to you? I guess being a terrible team for a decade will mess with your mindset, suddenly 3 weeks of winning seems like 3 years of being a top team in the conference.

How do Knicks fans convince themselves of this stuff?

naps
03-02-2012, 02:35 PM
....well i never

Baron would start on

Heat
Lakers
Kings
Hornets

Are you kidding me? Have you been watching Chalmers? Chalmers is the 2nd most efficient guard in the league this season. He's the perfect fit for the Heat. A good defender and a great spot up shooter. What does Baron Davis do? He's lucky to even be in the league. Knicks picks up all the garbage and over the hill players and hope they will make them relevant...guess what? Never worked. And don't forget what Chalmers did to Lin.

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Not really, also lets look at the competition...

whats the competition??

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 02:39 PM
To be fair, Heat fans hated Chalmers last year. And I still think Baron Davis is a capable player.

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 02:42 PM
I guess the troll disappeared

Jesse2272
03-02-2012, 02:50 PM

He mad :rolleyes:

So much hate the NYK bench must be that good :clap:

Id rather have a healthy Bdiddy than AMiller off the bench Lin/TY :confused:we shall see

Year end

Jesse2272
03-02-2012, 02:51 PM
If last night is a blue print, big if

30 ast 1 TO

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 02:52 PM
To be fair, Heat fans hated Chalmers last year. And I still think Baron Davis is a capable player.

Yea, he was making rookie mistakes in his 3rd year. But not one heat fan thought chalmers would be this good. He has really solidified our PG rotation, and even tho cole can be a knuckle head at times, miamis PG situation is soooo much better than it was last season. Our whole bench is for that matter. Battier has been a nice defnesive boost, willing to do the dirty work. Haslem and miller are 100%healthy.

Weezy
03-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah exactly, but hell...all those Cavs teams were at least consistently good year in and year out. The Heat are consistently good. The Knicks were awful as recently as 30 days ago! Slow your roll Knicks fans...your team has been running on potential and being 'good on paper' for YEARS now. Put together a consistently good team in reality instead of just on paper, then we can talk about how good the Knicks are.

Actually there were many Heat fans saying they have a dynasty last summer when they haven't won anything either. My point being you can make this little argument for many many fan bases.

The only thing that should be said about the Knicks is that we are probably the dark horses in the East. And I think every Knick fan is fine by this.

Jesse2272
03-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Actually there were many Heat fans saying they have a dynasty last summer when they haven't won anything either. My point being you can make this little argument for many many fan bases.

The only thing that should be said about the Knicks is that we are probably the dark horses in the East. And I think every Knick fan is fine by this.

We are developing, we have a team, watch out, I think we are beyond paper

keeping all 2gether, big challenge for management

next 30 will show our status in the league...

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 03:01 PM
I think the Knicks are like the Clippers of the East. Potentially scary offense but...what else? do they have the grit? Do they have the morale? Do they have the experience? No.

I would consider the Pacers to be scarier than the Knicks right now. The smashmouth, physical style they play is better suited to the playoffs than the Knicks style imo.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I think the Knicks are like the Clippers of the East. Potentially scary offense but...what else? do they have the grit? Do they have the morale? Do they have the experience? No.

I would consider the Pacers to be scarier than the Knicks right now. The smashmouth, physical style they play is better suited to the playoffs than the Knicks style imo.

Pacers and philly

TheNumber37
03-02-2012, 03:29 PM
denver
bulls
Sixers
knicks

PhillySportFan
03-02-2012, 03:32 PM

Your right for the most part offensively but were just better defensively. Baron, JR, Novak are any of them playing defense? Very limited. While everyone but Lou is an above average defender on the Sixers bench. Lou is still solid but more average then the rest.

knicks=love
03-02-2012, 03:42 PM
a knicks fan would post this.. i knew knicks fans would say the knicks. just goes to show why this fanbase will never be respected.

Weezy
03-02-2012, 03:51 PM
a knicks fan would post this.. i knew knicks fans would say the knicks. just goes to show why this fanbase will never be respected.

Who cares dude? There are over 8 million people alone who live in NYC alone.. there are gonna be delusional fans when there are a lot of people. I just hate when there people who generalize a bunch of crazy and insane homers as the whole fan base.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Your right for the most part offensively but were just better defensively. Baron, JR, Novak are any of them playing defense? Very limited. While everyone but Lou is an above average defender on the Sixers bench. Lou is still solid but more average then the rest.

While I wont argue with the premice of your post, Novak's defense is very underrated. He's no star by any means, but he is not the turnstyle that you would be led to believe he is.

JonnyBrav000
03-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Continuing the trend of insight, explanations and logic...

Magic.

Now, actually putting thought in this...

Probably Chicago or Philly. Both have everything: defense, shooting, big men, wings etc.

I think Miami's has potential, but lack consistent scoring. OKC's is strong, basically on the strength of Harden (since Maynor is out). They have quality, but non-scoring bigs.

Denver's has been strong. SA's should be great when Manu get's healthy. Dallas' always has potential too.

A gun to my head, I say Chicago.

LOL notice how you don't even want to mention the Knicks even being in the mix. Not saying the Knicks are the deepest but come on, they are no doubt in the conversation. Knicks are much deeper than Dallas and just as deep if not more than Miami (not better). A gun to your head makes you say Chicago, wonder if it would also make you say NY.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-02-2012, 04:23 PM
What Denver lacks in star power, they make up with depth.

Nycbball08
03-02-2012, 04:25 PM
It's gotta be the bulls, most of their bench would start on most other teams.

CJ Watson
Kyle Korver
Ronnie Brewer
Taj Gibson
Omer Asik

No way that's better than the Knicks bench...

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 04:34 PM

Its differnt, knicks bench is pretty much offense and bulls bench is pretty much defense. I would take the bulls bench and there d over the knicks hot or cold shooters.

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Knicks entire team is pretty much offense...

offense, offense and more offense. I don't see how thats a recipe for playoff success.

Dark Donnie
03-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Def Philly or Denver

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Denver has 2 starting squads WHEN they re-sign Wilson chandler. Ugh.

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 04:52 PM

offense, offense and more offense. I don't see how thats a recipe for playoff success.

Agreed. That's if they even make the playoffs!

nycericanguy
03-02-2012, 04:55 PM

this is what people that haven't watched more than a couple of knick games in years say. that and that the knicks still run the SSOL offense.

Because if you follow them even semi-closely you would know they have been very good on defense this year. definitely top 10 defensive team, last I checked they were actually ranked 5th. And they come off the bench with Shumpert who is one of the better 1 on 1 defenders in the game right now, and Jeffries who is a very good defender. Add Harrelson as well once he gets back.

The offensive side of the bench is Davis, Novak & JR. You have shooters, defenders, scorers and playmakers... pretty solid all around bench.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 04:56 PM

They will say they are a better defensive team, and they kind of are, they are #9 in def eff, but #19 in fg% allowed, thats pretty bad

03-02-2012, 04:56 PM

Im sorry, i couldnt be bothred to continue until i read something as bogus as this. Where the **** is the hypocrisy here??? You have just 'assumed' that i thought these players were scrubs before traded. I dont even remember anyone sayin that... Wasnt ur team
Actually playing really good team
Bball when u had all those players
Before the trade. I thought so. Raymond felton was havin his best season then in that system. Look at them
Now. Its getting pretty ridiculous all these assumptions. It doesnt effect me
That much but it just means people reading this will respect ur opinion alot less, thats all

03-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Yep I love the hypocrisy as well. I also love how they list Chandler who isnt even on the roster yet but they bash the knicks posters who include JR Smith and Baron Davis who havent played enough to be considered a part of the bench. lol

Again just a blatent assumption. Including davis and j.rsmith ( who btw 'is' my favourite player since for ever) ur team
Still does
Not have the best bench in the nba

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 05:03 PM
this is what people that haven't watched more than a couple of knick games in years say. that and that the knicks still run the SSOL offense.

Because if you follow them even semi-closely you would know they have been very good on defense this year. definitely top 10 defensive team, last I checked they were actually ranked 5th. And they come off the bench with Shumpert who is one of the better 1 on 1 defenders in the game right now, and Jeffries who is a very good defender. Add Harrelson as well once he gets back.

The offensive side of the bench is Davis, Novak & JR. You have shooters, defenders, scorers and playmakers... pretty solid all around bench.

Hey the Knicks' defense should be considered Top 10 in the D-League. They're all just a buncha Wayne Hunters on defense ok? You bring up Jorts, that dude just dives after loose balls. Shumpert got burned by Kyrie Irving that one play...he sucks balls. Davis, Novak and JR are all gonna go cold. Lin is just a fraud. Amare will retire after season. Melo will take 60 shots a game and score 20. Tyson will Jared Jeffries stats.

What I'm sayin is...Knicks are just lucky to be 18-18 with the weakest bench in the NBA, they will lose out the season and they won't even have their Top 5 pick next year!! Man, they should just be moved to Seattle or better yet, be contracted!! :clap:

TheFonz
03-02-2012, 05:03 PM

Really? Because I just saw you give up 103 points at home to the Cavs. I saw you fall to the Heat because you couldn't grab key boards or get key defensive stops.

The Knicks being a good defensive team is definitely one of those things I have to completely disbelieve until I see a greater sample size.

Mane
03-02-2012, 05:04 PM
My favorite team has the best bench because

03-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Are you kidding me? Have you been watching Chalmers? Chalmers is the 2nd most efficient guard in the league this season. He's the perfect fit for the Heat. A good defender and a great spot up shooter. What does Baron Davis do? He's lucky to even be in the league. Knicks picks up all the garbage and over the hill players and hope they will make them relevant...guess what? Never worked. And don't forget what Chalmers did to Lin.

I knowni couldn believe my eyes either when i read this post

shizzle09
03-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Chicago, Miami, Philly. Knicks, Clippers. there's actually quite a few really deep teams and none stand out as the absolute best.

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Really? Because I just saw you give up 103 points at home to the Cavs. I saw you fall to the Heat because you couldn't grab key boards or get key defensive stops.

The Knicks being a good defensive team is definitely one of those things I have to completely disbelieve until I see a greater sample size.

Yeah, seriously, Knicks have the worst defense in the NBA. The day they're considered avg is when there's women's rights in any Islamic nation.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah, seriously, Knicks have the worst defense in the NBA. The day they're considered avg is when there's women's rights in any Islamic nation.

Not the worst, but not that good either. When your ranked in the bottom half of the league in fg% allowed, that says a lot.

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Not the worst, but not that good either. When your ranked in the bottom half of the league in fg% allowed, that says a lot.

Bottom half is a compliment. They can't guard worth a damn lol. They would let Kentucky score 100 on them on the regular!

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Denver has 2 starting squads WHEN they re-sign Wilson chandler. Ugh.

HAHA! Knicks have a deeper and more talented squad than denver has now. Things have come together nicely since melo trade

nate2usmc
03-02-2012, 05:21 PM
HAHA! Knicks have a deeper and more talented squad than denver has now. Things have come together nicely since melo trade

You're kidding me. Knicks bench is as deep as an Asian Chick's vag.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 05:25 PM

lol

Gram
03-02-2012, 05:26 PM

AHAHAHAHA! :laugh:

Nycbball08
03-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Its differnt, knicks bench is pretty much offense and bulls bench is pretty much defense. I would take the bulls bench and there d over the knicks hot or cold shooters.

I don't wanna here that defense chit...!Knicks bench defense are better than the starters except Chandler.

Nycbball08
03-02-2012, 05:34 PM

Thank you, so th rest of you clowns can shut the front door..!

samus
03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Thank you, so th rest of you clowns can shut the front door..!

no.

playing good defense this year. compared to what. last year. jeffries and shumpurt good defenders. how many minutes they play? Nova and JR are good. But this discussion is about deepest bench. not knicks alrght players. and watchng the knicks play defense and then watchng the heat play defense is a completely different story

samus
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM
deepest benches

76ers
Nuggets
are the top two. only teams that rely heavily on reserves. how can they not be deepest benches.
nuggets sixers knicks
andre miller/ Louis Williams / B.Davis (was a star > not even close)
rudy fernan/ Evan Turner / JR. Smith
c.brewer / Thad Young / Jared Jeffo
al harngton/ Vucevic / Novak
bird^koufos/ Lavoy Allen / Do you have a real bac up center

and knicks play. yes they beat lakers/dallas. but you also beat NJ/UTAH/WSH/Wolves/Toronto/Sacromento/Atlanta/Cleveland and you lost against NJ/NO and got whooped by heat (Jeremy havng worst game) if you still want a pat each other on the back go ahead. but play some more playoff teams before celebrating.

samus
03-02-2012, 06:15 PM
and i really like the Knicks. ive been watching there games because i enjoy watching them play. although the best players on the team are chandler/lin/fields. amare Keeps taKing that 20 ft shot and missing and melo is having a very unfortunate season... to say there one of the best defensve teams is crazay. amount of points scored for not picing up man and not switching man (melo...)

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 06:22 PM

Umm you are gravely mistaken.

NY Bench-Sanity
1-Baron Davis (all star caliber pg)
2-Novak (sharp shooter and clutch)
3-Shumpert (defensive stopper)
4-Jefferies( great defensively with tyson)
5-J.R Smith (great shooter/ slasher/ clutch)
6-Harrelson(another shooter coming back)
7-Bill Walker(Another shooter who can hit 3's)

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Umm you are gravely mistaken.

NY Bench-Sanity
1-Baron Davis (all star caliber pg)
2-Novak (sharp shooter and clutch)
3-Shumpert (defensive stopper)
4-Jefferies( great defensive with tyson)
5-J.R Smith (great shooter/ slasher/ clutch)
6-Harrelson(another shooter coming back)
7-Bill Walker(Another shooter who can hit 3's)

you are overrating everyone on that list. Thats a middle of the pack bench.

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 06:30 PM
you are overrating everyone on that list. Thats a middle of the pack bench.

Is J.R smith overrated? NO
Is Novak shooting ability overrated? NO
Is Baron Davis overrated as a backup PG? Not a starter but sub. NO
Is shumpert overrated as a lock down defender? Nope

I've seen these guys perform and they are good together once they put more games in with each other

effen5
03-02-2012, 06:40 PM

That bench helped the bulls have the most wins in the NBA with rose deng rip and Watson out....

Knicks on the other hand...

LOOTERX9
03-02-2012, 06:42 PM
That bench helped the bulls have the most wins in the NBA with rose deng rip and Watson out....

Knicks on the other hand...

Knicks on the other hand is New and just putting things together. Bulls don't have enough scoring to compete against the heat like the knicks have

samus
03-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Is J.R smith overrated? NO
Is Novak shooting ability overrated? NO
Is Baron Davis overrated as a backup PG? Not a starter but sub. NO
Is shumpert overrated as a lock down defender? Nope

I've seen these guys perform and they are good together once they put more games in with each other

But thats not proof. Thats you saying you thin they can play good...

if you can prove to me that there bench is better/deeper than Denver/76ers/Heat/oclahoma/bulls (3/5 best teams n the nba) then ill agree to your logc.

but no one overates nova or jr. there good reserves. not the best. baron davs has player turrble. (although not against the cavs but there the cavs) shumpert is good but wont get any minutes if your playing bdavis and JR!

effen5
03-02-2012, 06:45 PM
[/B]

Knicks on the other hand is New and just putting things together. Bulls don't have enough scoring to compete against the heat like the knicks have

But yet you guys go on long losing streaks against mediocre teams? We lost by 4 to the Heat. Our defense will always be there. Your Knicks lost by 14 with all that scoring!!!!

redwhitenblue
03-02-2012, 06:50 PM
What is with people knocking the Bulls offense. Aren't they still easily top 5 in offensive effeciency?

effen5
03-02-2012, 06:53 PM
What is with people knocking the Bulls offense. Aren't they still easily top 5 in offensive effeciency?

Because its underrated and it would be like saying the Knicks have a good defense

samus
03-02-2012, 06:55 PM
But shumpert takes lots of bad shots too

And Knicks fans! You cant base your arguments on you thinking that they will play really good at some point. When your team proves themselves and sorts out melo and amare and sort out your messy guard rotation and dont JUST rely on Lin to create offense

bench order

1-Bill Walker(can hit 3's consstently / really good defender)
2-Novak (sharp shooter / versatlty of permeter shootng)
3-Shumpert (defensive stopper/ can score / takes bad shots. enough to get hm benched by danton)
4-J.R Smith (streaky shooter/ slasher/ good passer)
5-Jefferies( great help-sde defender. good rebound. terrble player. couldnt hit one shot)
6-Baron Davis (NOT all star caliber pg/ rusty / bad bad bad plays / bad shot selecto
7-Harrelson( who? )

samus
03-02-2012, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkBNEx-RRe8

watch

samus
03-02-2012, 07:08 PM
if a Knicks Fan can legitimately prove to us that there bench is better/deeper than Denver/76ers/Heat/bulls (2/4 best teams n the nba) then id love to hear it. Knicks aint **** till its been proven. Bulls and Heat play best Defense in the league. Tyson Chandler is your anchor on D and if he got injured you'd be screwed. the amount of 2nd chance points you get from his behalf his is incredible

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 07:19 PM
if a Knicks Fan can legitimately prove to us that there bench is better/deeper than Denver/76ers/Heat/bulls (2/4 best teams n the nba) then id love to hear it. Knicks aint **** till its been proven. Bulls and Heat play best Defense in the league. Tyson Chandler is your anchor on D and if he got injured you'd be screwed. the amount of 2nd chance points you get from his behalf his is incredible

Your undervaluing our players and the Knicks fans are overvaluing them a bit. I dont agree that Baron Davis is an all star point guard still. I do believe he can still start for teams around the league. His first 2 games were bad but the guy was rusty. Hes starting to get his legs under him and he looked good against the Cavs. I would like to see the same consistency but to call him a scrub is just plain dumb.

The whole team has made a defensive effort to make them a top 10 defense in the league. Justinnum1 aka DoMeFavors 2.0 wants to point out that they are 19th in fg percentage allowed but top 10 defense is still top 10 defense anyway you slice it. The team was winning games on the defensive end when the offense was autrocious. So to say the bench is all scoring and no defense your simply kidding yourself.

Needless to say these type of arguements arent very productive because people who dont watch the Knicks regularly are just going to overgeneralize in a negative fashion. People who watch the Knicks regularly are going to overcompensate the Knicks fortunes into a lock for the championship.

As a Knicks fan I see glimpses of really strong play and then I see glimpses of lackluster play. Lately I have seeing more of the strong play and less of the lackluster and I contribute that to the PG situation finally being resolved.

If you honestly think the Knicks arent going to make the playoffs you dont even deserve to be responded too on these forums. The people thinking the 76ers and the Pacers are more dangerous then the Knicks are fooling yourselves as well. Our record clearly doesnt reflect how good the team is but the second half will bring us closer to the record we should have.

I like our chances in the playoffs and I dont see a team in the league who hands down we have no chance of beating. The team plays good defense and has too many offensive threats to really be counted out of any playoff series.

A darkhorse is exactly what the Knicks are and I am very happy to be in that situation. Our Darkhorse status is clearly a contribution of the Knicks Bench and up and coming Point Guard play of Lin/Davis during our stretch. To discredit the bench is just illogical and personally to me reflects a certain fear if your a competing fan base (Heat/Bulls).

Giraffes Rule
03-02-2012, 07:19 PM
I think the problem with calling the Knicks bench deep or the best is that they have so many one dimensional players. Shumpert plays great defense, but he's a negative impact offensively. Novak is a great pure shooter but does nothing else (unless you count that sweet dance). JR Smith is a good scorer, but has low basketball IQ.

Then you compare that to, say, the Spurs bench. Not saying they're the deepest, but they are one of the better benches in the league. Off the bench (assuming a healthy Manu) you have Green, who brings energy, defense, and shooting. Leonard, who is a streaky shooter, lockdown defender, and good rebounder. Splitter who brings defense, inside scoring, and sets fantastic screens. Neal is a very good all around scorer that's showing play making ability. That's 4 players that each individually bring to the table what 2-3 Knicks players combined do.

97NYer
03-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Lin/Fields/Melo/STAT/Chandler
Davis/Smith/Shumpert/Novak or Jeffries/Harrelson
Even Walker who started some games earlier

samus
03-02-2012, 08:00 PM
[/B]

Your just rambling like an idiot at this point. Take a breather.

Your undervaluing our players and the Knicks fans are overvaluing them a bit. I dont agree that Baron Davis is an all star point guard still. I do believe he can still start for teams around the league. His first 2 games were bad but the guy was rusty. Hes starting to get his legs under him and he looked good against the Cavs. I would like to see the same consistency but to call him a scrub is just plain dumb.

The whole team has made a defensive effort to make them a top 10 defense in the league. Justinnum1 aka DoMeFavors 2.0 wants to point out that they are 19th in fg percentage allowed but top 10 defense is still top 10 defense anyway you slice it. The team was winning games on the defensive end when the offense was autrocious. So to say the bench is all scoring and no defense your simply kidding yourself.

Needless to say these type of arguements arent very productive because people who dont watch the Knicks regularly are just going to overgeneralize in a negative fashion. People who watch the Knicks regularly are going to overcompensate the Knicks fortunes into a lock for the championship.

As a Knicks fan I see glimpses of really strong play and then I see glimpses of lackluster play. Lately I have seeing more of the strong play and less of the lackluster and I contribute that to the PG situation finally being resolved.

If you honestly think the Knicks arent going to make the playoffs you dont even deserve to be responded too on these forums. The people thinking the 76ers and the Pacers are more dangerous then the Knicks are fooling yourselves as well. Our record clearly doesnt reflect how good the team is but the second half will bring us closer to the record we should have.

I like our chances in the playoffs and I dont see a team in the league who hands down we have no chance of beating. The team plays good defense and has too many offensive threats to really be counted out of any playoff series.

A darkhorse is exactly what the Knicks are and I am very happy to be in that situation. Our Darkhorse status is clearly a contribution of the Knicks Bench and up and coming Point Guard play of Lin/Davis during our stretch. To discredit the bench is just illogical and personally to me reflects a certain fear if your a competing fan base (Heat/Bulls).

Hey i almost agree with 100% of everything you just said. A reasonable Knicks fan! i agree. i love the Knicks play. i like heat and my bro likes the nuggets but we get together and watch Knicks games. i have nba.tv and have actually watched every Knicks game wth Lin. there is a lot of promising play. at points where ive said aloud "this teams awesome". but there are a lot of cracks where ive gone "why is amare taking that shot or jeffries or just bad possesons" but give them credit. its practically a new team and heat didnt start off so hot last year.

As wth top 10 defensive team. 19th in fg% allowed does mean they let too many baskets in = spots of bad defense =a couple of times Knicks dont get back quick enough/ lazy on defense. Unfortunately for Knicks your best defenders are on the bench. Amare and melo really do let you down.

And 'll say again. the big win streac with lin involved mostly losing team (you beat LA and Dallas) but you also lost to nets and new orleans... wins looks good but didnt you JUST beat toronto! by a clutch 3 by lin?

The Knicks will make playoffs 4-6 i think. your team is a darhorse of competition. However they couldn't last long aganst Heat and Bulls defense.
it would be to much for melo being guarded by Lebron or Deng. posted a vdeo of TNT OT talk about it.

As a semi Knicks fan. i wish you could trade B.Davs and improve the PF/C roles. Because wthout Chandler your lackng sze and depth. And you do already have some good guards!

But this thread is primarily about who has deepest rotation. not how good me or you or anybody thinks the Knicks are. You have good bench players but realistically the Knicks shouldnt of been mentioned. you have exciting players but teams like 76ers and Denver Dallas have players who were starting the year before and provide most of there teams points (Thad Young. Louis Williams. Andre Miller. Al Harrington. Rudy Fernandez. Shane Batter. Mike Miller. Roger Boubois. Odom. Jason Terry. Delonte West.) i dont believe more than one if any of your reserves are better than any of those players suggested? These teams pride them selves on there bench. u have a few alrght players but no contendng 6th men. you no what i mean.

i could only hope you could agree to that. if you cant then show a comparison between two teams rosters. try nuggets or 76ers and prove to me 'fairly' how ur team has a deeper rotation.

BcEuAbRsS
03-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Baron Davis is an all-star caliber PG?

Oh god, the stupid if out in pacts tonight...

He has been "just a guy" since about 2008...

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Baron Davis is an all-star caliber PG?

Oh god, the stupid if out in pacts tonight...

Yea. after i saw that i figured whats the use of debating...

samus
03-02-2012, 08:13 PM
and how can Knicks be top 10 defensive team when two of their best players (who play 35-40 mns a piece) are notoriously known for not playing defense. melo and amare

and through a Diantoni system that is notoriously known for all offense no defense

save the knicks
03-02-2012, 08:23 PM
and how can Knicks be top 10 defensive team when two of their best players (who play 35-40 mns a piece) are notoriously known for not playing defense. melo and amare

and through a Diantoni system that is notoriously known for all offense no defense

Statistics!

This thread is chock full of stupid

Explain this so called "Diantoni system" please! Provide us all with some in depth analysis of what it is and how it neglects defense.

naps
03-02-2012, 08:27 PM

What does that have to do with last year? He's made significant improvement . He's the perfect fit for the Heat. Defense and spot up threes. What can Baron Davis offer? Neither of that.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Statistics!

Explain this so called "Diantoni system" please! Provide us all with some in depth analysis of what it is and how it neglects defense.

Stats? #19 in fg% allowed

Knicks21
03-02-2012, 08:36 PM

The fact that you mentioned HEAT in your list of deeper and better nba benches only makes things worse. Lebron James is your heart and soul and if he got injured your screwed. Kobe is the heart and soul of the Lakers if he got injured they are screwed. Derrick Rose is the heart and soul of the Bulls and if he got injured they are screwed too. The list goes on. And no, The Bulls and the HEAT do not play the best defence in the league. Both are top 10, along with the Knicks but neither are the best.

samus
03-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Statistics!

smh..... u know little about the NBA.

if you no the famous 'Diantoni system' from the Phoenix Suns its the "run and gun offense and little emphasis on defense". He plays up-tempo basetball. little emphasis ON REBOUNDNG and defense

http://coreyscheiner.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/its-time-to-fire-mike-dantoni-heres-why/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1063039-new-york-knicks-mike-dantonis-system-is-main-reason-for-jeremy-lins-success

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=smith_stephen&id=6425665

Knicks21
03-02-2012, 08:37 PM

Stats say they are top 10...

samus
03-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Stats say they are top 10...

stats also say there 16th worst in FG% allowed...

26th worse n 3pt % allowed

Knicks21
03-02-2012, 08:43 PM
stats also say there 16th worst in FG% allowed...

You measure defence with defensive efficiency.

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 08:45 PM
you measure defence with defensive efficiency.

+1

Knicks21
03-02-2012, 08:45 PM
smh..... u know little about the NBA.

if you no the famous 'Diantoni system' from the Phoenix Suns its the "run and gun offense and little emphasis on defense". He plays up-tempo basetball. little emphasis ON REBOUNDNG and defense

http://coreyscheiner.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/its-time-to-fire-mike-dantoni-heres-why/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1063039-new-york-knicks-mike-dantonis-system-is-main-reason-for-jeremy-lins-success

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=smith_stephen&id=6425665

you quoted articles from a site i have never herd of before, bleacher report and stephen a. smith.

All opinion.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 08:46 PM
You measure defence with defensive efficiency.

And here is why i dont trust that stat. Miami and NY have nearly identical def efficiency, but we all know miamis d is head over heels better than New yorks.

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 08:48 PM
And here is why i dont trust that stat. Miami and NY have nearly identical def efficiency, but we all know miamis d is head over heels better than New yorks.

what a shock! pushing aside stats that don't favor your opinion

I feel Im back in the NFL forum arguing about Eli :facepalm:

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 08:51 PM

Hey, i like eli.

samus
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
you quoted articles from a site i have never herd of before, bleacher report and stephen a. smith.

All opinion.

Are you trying to tell me Mike_D'Antoni hasnt played run and gun offense the last 10 years in the nba. and you dont believe NBA analyst Stephen A Smith. Hs
rule is 7 seconds or less. i havent made this up. this is widely known. Read ths artcle below. You'll probably learn alot about the knicks. Good and bad.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/lost-in-linsanity-knicks-improved-defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJlmTU1IikQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8pfaV_iKII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhGsRivRODs

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Are you trying to tell me Mike_D'Antoni hasnt played run and gun offense the last 10 years in the nba. and you dont believe NBA analyst Stephen A Smith. Hs
rule is 7 seconds or less. i havent made this up. this is widely known. Read ths artcle below. You'll probably learn alot about the knicks. Good and bad.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/lost-in-linsanity-knicks-improved-defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJlmTU1IikQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8pfaV_iKII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhGsRivRODs

that article from Steven a smith is from a year ago, before they bought in mike woodson, tyson chandler etc etc etc. And so are your first two youtube clips for that matter.

samus
03-02-2012, 09:04 PM

well did you watch the Heat knicks game? Who played better Defense. How many of your players got shut down? How many of our players got shut down?
Read the game report

http://www.nba.com/games/20120223/NYKMIA/gameinfo.html

Heat shot 49.2% knicks shot 39.2%. Lin (being guarded by chalmers and cole) made only one shot from 11 and had 8 turnovers. Melo 7-20.... hmmm. wadejamesbosh all shot above 46%. they dont sound like similar defensive teams.

Slimsim
03-02-2012, 09:04 PM
But shumpert takes lots of bad shots too

And Knicks fans! You cant base your arguments on you thinking that they will play really good at some point. When your team proves themselves and sorts out melo and amare and sort out your messy guard rotation and dont JUST rely on Lin to create offense

bench order

1-Bill Walker(can hit 3's consstently / really good defender)
2-Novak (sharp shooter / versatlty of permeter shootng)
3-Shumpert (defensive stopper/ can score / takes bad shots. enough to get hm benched by danton)
4-J.R Smith (streaky shooter/ slasher/ good passer)
5-Jefferies( great help-sde defender. good rebound. terrble player. couldnt hit one shot)
6-Baron Davis (NOT all star caliber pg/ rusty / bad bad bad plays / bad shot selecto
7-Harrelson( who? )

show some respect to greatness shump can't shoot but it doesn't mean it's a bad shot

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 09:09 PM
well did you watch the Heat knicks game? Who played better Defense. How many of your players got shut down? How many of our players got shut down?
Read the game report

Heat shot 49.2% knicks shot 39.2%. Lin (being guarded by chalmers and cole) made only one shot from 11 and had 8 turnovers. Melo 7-20.... hmmm. wadejamesbosh all shot above 46%. they dont sound like similar defensive teams.

One of the reasons that stat is deceiving is knicks did really good defensively when melo was out and when stat was out...there subs are better defenders than the starters(melo and amare) give it a few weeks and i expect there def eff to fall to avg (13-16 range)

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Read the game report

I know this is difficult for Miami Heat fans cuz they think the entire NBA world revolves around them. But there are other teams that the Knicks have stopped defensively. So slow your roll a little and relax.

samus
03-02-2012, 09:12 PM
i would rather have shumpert play than davs. a solid defender (top stealer among rookies). its not that i thin hes a bad shooter. i said he can score. but he takes some shots at the wrong time/too early. he can hit but needs to learn to better shot/ selecton. hes a rookie he'll learn. i thought he should of been in team shaq game instead of cole and some of those players.

Slimsim
03-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey, i like eli.

He wins for NY

Slimsim
03-02-2012, 09:14 PM
i would rather have shumpert play than davs. a solid defender (top stealer among rookies). its not that i thin hes a bad shooter. i said he can score. but he takes some shots at the wrong time/too early. he can hit but needs to learn to better shot/ selecton. hes a rookie he'll learn. i thought he should of been in team shaq game instead of cole and some of those players.

Injured Knee so he wouldn't have played

samus
03-02-2012, 09:22 PM
I know this is difficult for Miami Heat fans cuz they think the entire NBA world revolves around them. But there are other teams that the Knicks have stopped defensively. So slow your roll a little and relax.

Disregard my profle. i watch more Knicks games than Heat. cuz i
really love a lot of those players. but loo at the teams youve beaten.

CLE/ATL/DAL/SAC/TOR/MiN/LAL/WAS/UTA/NJN/DET/CHA/PHi/CHA/DET/WAS/
SAC/BOS

Youve lost aganst

MiA/NJN/NEWOR/BOS/CHi/HOU/MiA/CLE/DEN/MiL/PHO/ORL/OKC/MEM/CHA/TOR/LAL/GSW

You've beat 4-5 winning teams and won and lost against teams your supposed to beat. Why are you Knicks fans going around as f your a sure-shot for the championship. Why is this thread turned into a Knicks thread. T was supposed to be about winning teams with deep benches. Such as DAL/PHi/Nuggets. Knicks dont have one player that could even be consdered for 6th man?

samus
03-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Injured Knee so he wouldn't have played

well Im glad hes bac In the rotatIon.

samus
03-02-2012, 09:33 PM
One of the reasons that stat is deceiving is knicks did really good defensively when melo was out and when stat was out...there subs are better defenders than the starters(melo and amare) give it a few weeks and i expect there def eff to fall to avg (13-16 range)

I hadn't thought of that but that maes complete sense. Shumpert/BIll walker/jeffres playng a lot of mns. Shumpert/BIll walker are top defenders though. shame they wont get many mntues...

latinofire21
03-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Hey i almost agree with 100% of everything you just said. A reasonable Knicks fan! i agree. i love the Knicks play. i like heat and my bro likes the nuggets but we get together and watch Knicks games. i have nba.tv and have actually watched every Knicks game wth Lin. there is a lot of promising play. at points where ive said aloud "this teams awesome". but there are a lot of cracks where ive gone "why is amare taking that shot or jeffries or just bad possesons" but give them credit. its practically a new team and heat didnt start off so hot last year.

As wth top 10 defensive team. 19th in fg% allowed does mean they let too many baskets in = spots of bad defense =a couple of times Knicks dont get back quick enough/ lazy on defense. Unfortunately for Knicks your best defenders are on the bench. Amare and melo really do let you down.

And 'll say again. the big win streac with lin involved mostly losing team (you beat LA and Dallas) but you also lost to nets and new orleans... wins looks good but didnt you JUST beat toronto! by a clutch 3 by lin?

The Knicks will make playoffs 4-6 i think. your team is a darhorse of competition. However they couldn't last long aganst Heat and Bulls defense.
it would be to much for melo being guarded by Lebron or Deng. posted a vdeo of TNT OT talk about it.

As a semi Knicks fan. i wish you could trade B.Davs and improve the PF/C roles. Because wthout Chandler your lackng sze and depth. And you do already have some good guards!

But this thread is primarily about who has deepest rotation. not how good me or you or anybody thinks the Knicks are. You have good bench players but realistically the Knicks shouldnt of been mentioned. you have exciting players but teams like 76ers and Denver Dallas have players who were starting the year before and provide most of there teams points (Thad Young. Louis Williams. Andre Miller. Al Harrington. Rudy Fernandez. Shane Batter. Mike Miller. Roger Boubois. Odom. Jason Terry. Delonte West.) i dont believe more than one if any of your reserves are better than any of those players suggested? These teams pride them selves on there bench. u have a few alrght players but no contendng 6th men. you no what i mean.

i could only hope you could agree to that. if you cant then show a comparison between two teams rosters. try nuggets or 76ers and prove to me 'fairly' how ur team has a deeper rotation.

I rather not compare them because I would be doing the same thing I am accusing everyone else of doing. I dont watch enough of their games to give a fair analysis all I can say is what I see in the Knicks.

I can compare to the hooplah of the Heat last year. They signed Lebron/Bosh/Wade in the offseason and they all took a little less to play with each other thus starting the new era of superteams. The Knicks didnt have the same luxury. I think our GM did a better job then Riley filling out the collective benches after giving 2 max deals out in Melo and Amare. Luckily Chandler signed for a little less to play with them. The fact that we are even in the conversation for deepest benches says a lot about this team. One offseason with no training camp and no time to really work the free agency and Grunwald got us key bench players (Shump, Harrelson, Baron Davis, Jefferies, JR Smith, Novak). I think this bench is just as good as any other in the league to be honest but thats my opinion. Obviously the differnece between a bench like the Knicks and the Spurs is going to be a matter of chemistry but pure weapons and the flexibility in the roster makes us just as dangerous off the bench then any other team in the league. During the post game of the Heat game the analysts touched on that fact that the Knicks are deep and they arent scared of the heat. During the postgame of the Cavs the same sentiment was spoken about the deepness of the Knicks bench. It shouldnt come as a shocker to anyone that Knicks fans would consider their bench deep when the bench was primarily the starters during the resurgence period this season.

Bubba313
03-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I hadn't thought of that but that maes complete sense. Shumpert/BIll walker/jeffres playng a lot of mns. Shumpert/BIll walker are top defenders though. shame they wont get many mntues...

Don't pretend like you watch the Knicks when you say Bill Walker is a top defender. You know, it's really easy to point out the haters when you make such noticeable mistakes.

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Don't pretend like you watch the Knicks when you say Bill Walker is a top defender. You know, it's really easy to point out the haters when you make such noticeable mistakes.

hehe

exactly x1000000

no-one who watches the knicks would ever say "shame bill walker doesnt get more minutes"

good catch I almost missed that myself.

samus
03-02-2012, 09:59 PM
I rather not compare them because I would be doing the same thing I am accusing everyone else of doing. I dont watch enough of their games to give a fair analysis all I can say is what I see in the Knicks.

I can compare to the hooplah of the Heat last year. They signed Lebron/Bosh/Wade in the offseason and they all took a little less to play with each other thus starting the new era of superteams. The Knicks didnt have the same luxury. I think our GM did a better job then Riley filling out the collective benches after giving 2 max deals out in Melo and Amare. Luckily Chandler signed for a little less to play with them. The fact that we are even in the conversation for deepest benches says a lot about this team. One offseason with no training camp and no time to really work the free agency and Grunwald got us key bench players (Shump, Harrelson, Baron Davis, Jefferies, JR Smith, Novak). I think this bench is just as good as any other in the league to be honest but thats my opinion. Obviously the differnece between a bench like the Knicks and the Spurs is going to be a matter of chemistry but pure weapons and the flexibility in the roster makes us just as dangerous off the bench then any other team in the league. During the post game of the Heat game the analysts touched on that fact that the Knicks are deep and they arent scared of the heat. During the postgame of the Cavs the same sentiment was spoken about the deepness of the Knicks bench. It shouldnt come as a shocker to anyone that Knicks fans would consider their bench deep when the bench was primarily the starters during the resurgence period this season.

Knicks have a bench better than most. But watching a lot of Knicks/76ers/Nuggets there almost no comparison in bench performances... and to be honest i saw that Nugget trade for Melo has one of the worst trades of the season. You had a winning team wth felton and amare and actually had the deepest team n the NBA at that point. you got a poor mans melo and traded Gallnaro. chandler. felton. mozgov. gallo and mozgov are havng superb seasons despite injuries. your team went bacwards since that trade....

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 10:02 PM

Are you really watching Knicks games at all? Bill Walker??? We're even thankful he's not in the rotation right now...

PacersForLife
03-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Are you guys kidding me? We have Jeff Foster.... come on... ;)

Fnom11
03-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Knicks have a solid bench but Chi/Den/Phi have better imo.

samus
03-02-2012, 10:13 PM

Well obviously you have no clue! Defense and 3's are his only game... and hes a very clever defender. f not your best defender on your team (apart from shumpert/chandler). haha

f you actually watch games and not boxscores and stuff haha you'll hear commentators comment that he s a good defender and 3pt shooter...

Knicks fans on this thread are embarrasng...

samus
03-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Are you guys kidding me? We have Jeff Foster.... come on... ;)

Jeff Foster shoots 100% from 3pt... haha dont see many C's shootng that

+ Charles Barkley ranks indiana 3rd in East. Good to see them movng up!

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Knicks have a bench better than most. But watching a lot of Knicks/76ers/Nuggets there almost no comparison in bench performances... and to be honest i saw that Nugget trade for Melo has one of the worst trades of the season. You had a winning team wth felton and amare and actually had the deepest team n the NBA at that point. you got a poor mans melo and traded Gallnaro. chandler. felton. mozgov. gallo and mozgov are havng superb seasons despite injuries. your team went bacwards since that trade....

Knicks team before Melo trade had the deepest team in the NBA last season??? Hahaha you clearly know nothing about basketball... Anyone who says that is just putting a shame on themselves... Hey why don't you go ask the Mavs team of last season who has the deepest? It's a no brainer, anytime you get a star for your team you go do it. The Knicks lineup before Melo trade is nowhere a championship contender, so what the sh** are you talking about their the deepest?

samus
03-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Knicks team before Melo trade had the deepest team in the NBA last season??? Hahaha you clearly know nothing about basketball... Anyone who says that is just putting a shame on themselves... Hey why don't you go ask the Mavs team of last season who has the deepest? It's a no brainer, anytime you get a star for your team you go do it. The Knicks lineup before Melo trade is nowhere a championship contender, so what the sh** are you talking about their the deepest?

Haha k. sorry I didnt really mean deepest in the NBA. but deeper than after the trade and Knicks didnt improve after. Mavs by far had the deepest in the NBA I NO THAT. and didnt even use Caron Butler BUT didnt need to.

But I probs no alot more about NBA than most people here and
yourself. Im someone who watches a game a day for last 5 years. chec nba webste at least 6 tmes a day and no whos comng nto draft. how they play. no every player n nba. what team there on. read artcles about teams/ player performances. dont tell me I no nothng about the NBA...

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-01-12/news/30618020_1_danilo-gallinari-knicks-landry-fields

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-anthonyanniversary

sharqstealth
03-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Haha k. sorry I didnt really mean deepest in the NBA. but deeper than after the trade and Knicks didnt improve after. Mavs by far had the deepest in the NBA I NO THAT. and didnt even use Caron Butler BUT didnt need to.

But I probs no alot more about NBA than most people here and
yourself. Im someone who watches a game a day for last 5 years. chec nba webste at least 6 tmes a day and no whos comng nto draft. how they play. no every player n nba. what team there on. read artcles about teams/ player performances. dont tell me I no nothng about the NBA...

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-01-12/news/30618020_1_danilo-gallinari-knicks-landry-fields

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-anthonyanniversary

Really??? So you've been watching the NBA for 5 years now and an addict on their sites reading articles and such stuff and then your going to declare that the Knicks before are deeper than now? And Bill Walker should be playing more than Amare/Melo? Wow! You are really an expert in basketball after all those hard work of following the NBA! lol!
Hey I've been watching the NBA since the Michael Jordan days... And I don't think I'd be fooling myself thinking that I rather have Gallo, Wilson, Moz, and Felton than Melo, Tyson (who is a champion), Shump, JR, Baron, and Lin! Cmon expert you know basketball more than me so what you have to say about that???

psperry34116
03-02-2012, 11:29 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20120302/DENHOU/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100534#nbaGIboxscore
This debate has been settled.

Becks2307
03-03-2012, 01:55 AM
LMAO at people praising our team from last year, when all i heard last year was

felton is a scrub in a good system
gallo is one dimensional
who is mozgov?
etc etc.

Now these guys are world beaters that we should have kept?
lolol

samus
03-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Really??? So you've been watching the NBA for 5 years now and an addict on their sites reading articles and such stuff and then your going to declare that the Knicks before are deeper than now? And Bill Walker should be playing more than Amare/Melo? Wow! You are really an expert in basketball after all those hard work of following the NBA! lol!
Hey I've been watching the NBA since the Michael Jordan days... And I don't think I'd be fooling myself thinking that I rather have Gallo, Wilson, Moz, and Felton than Melo, Tyson (who is a champion), Shump, JR, Baron, and Lin! Cmon expert you know basketball more than me so what you have to say about that???

i was just talkng about after trade.

not about lastest free agent pick ups. so it was melo for Gallo, Wilson, Moz, and Felton. NOT the other players that you got the next season. and your team played worse that year after that. melo isnt melo from denver... yes your team is better now. your now not losing every game. your team has only beaten 4-5 winning teams this year.

CLE/ATL/DAL/SAC/TOR/MiN/LAL/WAS/UTA/NJN/DET/CHA/PHi/CHA/DET/WAS/
SAC/BOS

Youve lost aganst

MiA/NJN/NEWOR/BOS/CHi/HOU/MiA/CLE/DEN/MiL/PHO/ORL/OKC/MEM/CHA/TOR/LAL/GSW

You've beat 4-5 winning teams and won and lost against teams your supposed to beat. Why are you Knicks fans going around as f your a sure-shot for the championship. Knicks may not be scared of any team n the league. but no other team is scared of the Knicks.

mozgov hadnt played much then but is now becoming a decent center. he can score now and bloc and sorta rebound. gallos a proven scorer.

and i have a question for you. what reserve on the Knicks is better than Andre Mller/Al Harrington / Louis Williams / Thaddeus Young /?

samus
03-03-2012, 02:51 AM
and tbh you play better basketball without melo

Raph12
03-03-2012, 04:43 AM
Gotta be the Lakers...

BUCSFORLIFE123
03-03-2012, 05:10 AM
i cant believe theres barely any mentions about the spurs.. i dunt know any other team that has a 10 player rotation that is used as often as the spurs with closest being the pacers. the spurs highest scoring leader is parking at 17,that shows how deep they are at bench being a top 6 team in ppg