PDA

View Full Version : Obama talks about Linsanity and Bulls Chances at title

xfyre
03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
lol anyone seen this interview with Bill Simmons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzV45dkk4dw&feature=g-logo&context=G276cd5cFOAAAAAAAGAA

i do agree with some of them comments on there though..this guy has way too much time to watch sports for the way things are going in this country <_<

KingOf215
03-01-2012, 07:28 PM
I regret watching this interview, because in the end... all he did was say a lot of nothing. He knew about Lin because of his friend at Harvard (no surprise), he likes the Bulls (no surprise either). Nothing of substance.

NoahH
03-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Obama 2012

AIsixersFK
03-01-2012, 07:47 PM
People act like Obama has to be working 24/7. He can't relax and watch sports? Everyone relaxes after work

PhillyFaninLA
03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Hey Obama why not pass some legistlation, fix credit, don't piss off Iran and threaten them while cutting milatary spening, why not keep members of your senior staff that keep quitting on you when its in there best interest to stick by you for at least 1 term.

Obama if you have an nationalism drop from the race then talk about sports. 4 more years of you and we have not country in 20 years.

PhillyFaninLA
03-01-2012, 07:52 PM
People act like Obama has to be working 24/7. He can't relax and watch sports? Everyone relaxes after work

He fails to do his job and fails to keep members of senior staff and he has violated the constitution 4 times so he broke the law. I don't think he does anything other than go through the motions so I don't want to here is opinions on sports.

While failing to do his job and not being able to keep senior staff which means he cannot get the right people or keep them and he failed to get the Olympics that is something a president should not even be involved in.

What else did he do while not leading the nation and making countries hate us more (aside from taking all the credit for Bin Ladin discounting 10 years of war, 1,000 to 10,000's of lives and a great effort by intelligence efforts) he invented a team he was a fan of to the White House.

Whether republican or democrat anyone that fails as much as him is an embarrassment and should never have been elected.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 07:53 PM
He fails to do his job and fails to keep members of senior staff and he has violated the constitution 4 times so he broke the law. I don't think he does anything other than go through the motions so I don't want to here is opinions on sports.

While failing to do his job and not being able to keep senior staff which means he cannot get the right people or keep them and he failed to get the Olympics that is something a president should not even be involved in.

What else did he do while not leading the nation and making countries hate us more (aside from taking all the credit for Bin Ladin discounting 10 years of war, 1,000 to 10,000's of lives and a great effort by intelligence efforts) he invented a team he was a fan of to the White House.

Whether republican or democrat anyone that fails as much as him is an embarrassment and should never have been elected.
Have you seen the republican candidates?
Hope your ready for 4 more years:)

PhillyFaninLA
03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Have you seen the republican candidates?
Hope your ready for 4 more years:)

Why is Hillary running?

Romney or Santorum will win. The voters aren't stupid and he has been a failure.

AIsixersFK
03-01-2012, 08:02 PM

He inherited a mess brought by W. W took more time off than anyone in the history of the presidency and didnt get half thr **** Obama gets. I'm not a dem or a republican or really an Obama supporter but those are the facts

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Why is Hillary running?

Romney or Santorum will win. The voters aren't stupid and he has been a failure.

:laugh2: Now thats funny. romney can barley win his home state. santorum is an idiot. Its pathetic how weak the republican field is.

And the voters are stupid, they reelected bush.

redwhitenblue
03-01-2012, 08:08 PM
He inherited a mess brought by W. W took more time off than anyone in the history of the presidency and didnt get half thr **** Obama gets. I'm not a dem or a republican or really an Obama supporter but those are the facts
Actually he's bombed quite a few things much worse than W ever did, and it wasn't due to W's time in office. But it will be a great slogan in his 2012 campaign, "It's not my fault, this is what W left me!"

Sadly, the one thing that won Obama the election (race, whether people want to admit it or not), is something he's drastically losing popularity in.

PhillyFaninLA
03-01-2012, 08:09 PM

If your going to bring up history then state the real problem or don't do it.

The problem started in 1974 when the difference between inflation and government spending was at 30% and it has gone up every year and is now over 300%. Obama added a trillion dollars or more to the deficit every year, bailed out Fanny May and Freddie Mac, create Obamacare which numerous states have ruled unconstitutional. He has failed to slow up the problem and made it worse.

The issue started with Gerald Ford and was added to by failed leadership in congress and Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama. The problem grew at a much larger rate under Obama then any other president.

I done talking about politics on this board and in this topic. Also I love how you didn't explain anything when in 3 posts I did. You say you go by facts but don't list any, don't respond to any that I gave and that is what I expect from most people, they say no aaaahhh you are wrong or stupid or just blame someone and say they are just giving facts when they are failing to give facts or just giving an opinion. To blindly say it Bush's fault is giving an opinion not a fact.

Now back on topic. I don't care what any politician thinks about sports especially one that can't keep members senior staff (he keep quitting) and think putting a band aid on broken arm (metaphorically speaking) is proper leadership and governing.

Sota4Ever
03-01-2012, 08:10 PM
uh blame George W. Bush great defense. Didn't finish your homework blame Bush.. Great excuse. Obama doesn't know how to run a country.

Labgrownmangoat
03-01-2012, 08:10 PM

Take it to the politics forum, FFS. I'll be happy to tear down each of your supposedly factual statements there. There are some truly messed up things about the President's policies, but your objections aren't among them.

The difference between President Obama in this interview and his likely opponents in the upcoming election is that he comes off as a real human being. Can you imagine a Bill Simmons interview with Santorum or Romney? The players are just the right height? I know some NBA owners?

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 08:13 PM
uh blame George W. Bush great defense. Didn't finish your homework blame Bush.. Great excuse. Obama doesn't know how to run a country.

Excellent argument. :rolleyes:

heyman321
03-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm not even American but Obama has done a horrible job.

oak2455
03-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Right the guy is a clown

oak2455
03-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm not even American but Obama has done a horrible job.

BINGO:clap::clap::clap:

Sota4Ever
03-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Truth hurts. I understand if your angered by that. I can send some tissues to you if you want or Obama will probably just give them to you for free. Because everyone should be given everything for free. No need to work anymore.

smith&wesson
03-01-2012, 08:27 PM
ohhh bama cant you seee ?
your fit to coach not for presidency

gotoHcarolina52
03-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Frankly, we need term-limitted congressmen and restrictions on campaign contributions by corporations more than we need a new president.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 08:51 PM
There are so many things ****ed up with this country, the president really doesnt have a whole lot of say. Republican or democrat, they are just puppets for the 1% thats pull there strings.

GPriza
03-01-2012, 09:16 PM
This is a sports website. Let keep it that way. Especially when people are saying very broad things in a "matter of fact" manner. Hey smart guys, there are three parts of government in the hope of there being checks and balances. If the legislative branch is grid locked in BS that in turn prevents the person in the executive branch from doing a lot. I know, big words. But here's the kicker, the guy there now, considering how the legislature is basically a cluster F at the moment has done a lot in foreign and domestic policy than some presidents have done in 8 years. Stop watching TV, it is not news. Learn to read. Suggestions: the economist, reuters, a program that actually covers world news, BBC, aljezeera (no not a terrorist organization moron) NPR,, science news sites like lifescience or eurakaalert.

Again, sports site. and if FOX or CNN is a primary source of your information you have no business speaking publicly about....well anything.

LdotAdot
03-01-2012, 09:19 PM
There are so many things ****ed up with this country, the president really doesnt have a whole lot of say. Republican or democrat, they are just puppets for the 1% thats pull there strings.

This.

I like how people like to blame the President and ignore the context of his power and the structure of the US gov't. They act like he has authoritative power like he's Kim Jong Il. Check and balances anyone?

If blame is to be given, it has to be collective including our Senators and Representatives. They are the ones who craft the legislation anyway.

But related to the original topic. He watches sports. He gave his opinion. It's interesting because of his occupation. Other than that he's just like any other fan.

GPriza
03-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Was that harsh? I apologize before hand. sport site!!

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Obama 2012

Shmontaine
03-01-2012, 09:33 PM
i prefer to dislike most of you based solely on your sport affinity...

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-01-2012, 10:54 PM

As much as I have disagreed with you about basketball, I agree with you 100% in this thread :clap:

effen5
03-01-2012, 11:53 PM
It's kinda hard what Obama had to fix after the mess bush has caused..

oak2455
03-02-2012, 12:09 AM

he's just made it worse

gotoHcarolina52
03-02-2012, 12:23 AM
David Stern 2012

waveycrockett
03-02-2012, 12:28 AM
The Republican party reminds me of the Knicks under Isiah Thomas.

Cubby
03-02-2012, 12:30 AM

No offense, but that's a lame *** excuse. If he was such a good president he would have at least made things better, but no, he didn't. He's a ****** president, plain and simple. Stop with that excuse because it's so false it isn't even funny.

Cubby
03-02-2012, 12:30 AM
The Republican party reminds me of the Knicks under Isiah Thomas.

Funny.

Wait, not really.

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 12:33 AM
No offense, but that's a lame *** excuse. If he was such a good president he would have at least made things better, but no, he didn't. He's a ****** president, plain and simple. Stop with that excuse because it's so false it isn't even funny.

We can go back and forth on this all night. But you really need to understand the decline this country was going through during at the end of bush into obama. One example is the subprime mortgage crisis, created during bush's tenure, went to **** when obama came in and that was what caused the recession.

waveycrockett
03-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Funny.

Wait, not really.

They fielded a bunch of rich guys who embarrass themselves and are praying for a savior. Works for me.

SportsAndrew25
03-02-2012, 12:44 AM
cool story bro. tell it again.

oak2455
03-02-2012, 12:50 AM
its funny how little people know

Sota4Ever
03-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Actually it started before Bush. And how could Bush create the subprime mortgage crisis Justin? That makes no sense. Was bush handing out the bad loans or was his packaging those loans up with other bad loans? Let's get some facts before we start talking huh Justin.

oak2455
03-02-2012, 12:53 AM
In 31 months of Barack Obama’s presidency, according to the Treasury and CBS News, the US has added $4 trillion to its national debt. That approaches the presidential record set by George W. Bush of $4.9 trillion, but there’s a catch to that. Bush set that record in two terms — in 96 months.

oak2455
03-02-2012, 12:55 AM
you guys don't want more Obama stuff do you? maybe after this he can work at ESPN

The GEEEEE Men
03-02-2012, 01:12 AM
In other news, can't wait till gas is $7 a gallon

THE MTL
03-02-2012, 01:28 AM
In 31 months of Barack Obama’s presidency, according to the Treasury and CBS News, the US has added $4 trillion to its national debt. That approaches the presidential record set by George W. Bush of $4.9 trillion, but there’s a catch to that. Bush set that record in two terms — in 96 months.

Manipulation of facts my friend. I'm going to school you about now.
While yes, Obama added 4 trillion dollars to the national debt but you have to realize what PERCENTAGE did each president increase........

You see later presidents are at a disadvantage and raise the debt by big numbers cause the debt is so high to begin with. If Obama raised debt by 25% that is 3 trillion dollars but if George Bush Sr. raised debt by 25% that is 900 billion dollars.

Its about the percentages and you want to know who raised the national debt by the highest percentages the REPUBLICAN PARTY!

Reagan- raised debt by 189%.....he went from 1 trillion to 2.6 trillion! He MORE THAN doubled it! Almost tripled it. If Obama did that we would be over 30 trillion in DEBT!

George Bush Sr.- raised the debt by 55.6% in four short years.

Your beloved George Bush. Sure he set the record and rose debt by 4.9 trillion. But did you know that 4.9 trillion was 89% increase!!!!!!

Now.....Obama, raised the debt by 4 trillion. Which is.........41% increase. Even if he gets a second term he is on pace for 82% increase which I doubt happens because that 41% increase includes a HUGE BAILOUT plan.

RCarlson85
03-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Obama is as great at predicting sports as he is at running the country...

TubbyBucket
03-02-2012, 03:34 AM
There is a politics forum, you know. Maybe the troll-blocking troll should continue his/her discussion there...

Evolution23
03-02-2012, 04:07 AM
:laugh2: Now thats funny. romney can barley win his home state. santorum is an idiot. Its pathetic how weak the republican field is.

And the voters are stupid, they reelected bush.

I have a new found respect for u. Lets see how long we can agree with each other cause clearly we don't agree on basketball terms.

naps
03-02-2012, 04:10 AM
As long as there isn't a republican president I am all for it. I don't wanna see anymore wars. Thousands of innocent people were getting killed no reason under that stupid Bush ***. He messed up this country for next 20 years and beyond. It's impossible to fix his mess in just 4 years. I know I have a vote and I won't waste it. Obama for 2012.

naps
03-02-2012, 04:13 AM
And for people who are bashing Obama for speaking on sports (because he failed in his job in your opinion), get a ****ing clue. Who the hell are you to say someone can't relax after his whole day of work regardless of his success or failure? He's a goddamn human being just like us. Grow the **** up.

1978JETS
03-02-2012, 04:29 AM

Yea dumb ni#$%@2r the Dow Jones has only gone from 6700 to 13000 in his 3 years in office...What a clown. All this time and money spent domestically can be used to bomb random countries and then rebuilding them. All we can do is pray to the lord Jesus that he comes to his senses and stops hunting down and killing great men of faith like Osama Bin Lanen..

oak2455
03-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Yea dumb ni#$%@2r the Dow Jones has only gone from 6700 to 13000 in his 3 years in office...What a clown. All this time and money spent domestically can be used to bomb random countries and then rebuilding them. All we can do is pray to the lord Jesus that he comes to his senses and stops hunting down and killing great men of faith like Osama Bin Lanen..

How many people are out of jobs?? Keep watching the Dow... Also is he a Navy seal?? That wasn't his idea... So ..

oak2455
03-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Dupe

PhillyFaninLA
03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
This.

I like how people like to blame the President and ignore the context of his power and the structure of the US gov't. They act like he has authoritative power like he's Kim Jong Il. Check and balances anyone?

If blame is to be given, it has to be collective including our Senators and Representatives. They are the ones who craft the legislation anyway.

But related to the original topic. He watches sports. He gave his opinion. It's interesting because of his occupation. Other than that he's just like any other fan.

Kim Jong Il is dead Kim Jong Un is currently undergoing training to take over the country in a few years, right now Kim Jong Un's uncle and the military have the most power.

You call people ignorant but use a dead guy's power to make a point.

JackB
03-02-2012, 09:46 AM
I feel bad for most of you on this forum. I've paid my dues. Obama can't hurt me too much more.I'm sitting back doing my thing. But you guys? Ouch. I pity you 10-15- 20 years down the road.
He talked his way into the presidency and you listened. I really do feel sorry for you.
Better hon up on your chinese.:)

thekmp211
03-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Kim Jong Il is dead Kim Jong Un is currently undergoing training to take over the country in a few years, right now Kim Jong Un's uncle and the military have the most power.

LOL. First of all, you're ignoring his point which is right. Presidents get heaps of blame and credit for things they really have no power over. But I have to say, you're commentary actually got me out of bed and logged in because of how bad it was. Obama is a failure and the second thing you mention is "he keeps losing staff." LOL! What? Then again you also think the general electorate would vote for rick santorum, so i suppose grounded reality is a bit foreign.

I feel bad for most of you on this forum. I've paid my dues. Obama can't hurt me too much more.I'm sitting back doing my thing. But you guys? Ouch. I pity you 10-15- 20 years down the road.
He talked his way into the presidency and you listened. I really do feel sorry for you.
Better hon up on your chinese.:)

LOL. you're right geriatric mccain and Vice Presidential Barbie would have done a much better job ending the recession, curbing the job market, giving YOU free health care, killing osama bin laden, ending two wars, ending don't as don't tell, vetoing SOPA...the list goes on and on and on.

as for the interview...i really like that he's a genuine fan. you don't see many politians opens up like this about anything, and if they do it's cause they want to woo a particular set of voters. obama's the real deal in that regard, whether or not you agree with his politics.

TubbyBucket
03-02-2012, 10:29 AM

What a bizarre post... I guess noone ever alludes to Stalin or Hitler to make a point because they're dead?

:confused:

How many people are out of jobs?? Keep watching the Dow...

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7856/jobsn.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/jobsn.jpg/)

Again, cleaning up someone else's mess...

Whatever. Troll's gonna troll.

BallGuru
03-02-2012, 11:24 AM

Don't conservatives use the Hitler analogy when downing this President all the time?

BallGuru
03-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Not hard to see it would cost more money to fix what the previous admin spent to screw this country up.

todu82
03-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I'm no fan of Obama but cut the guy some slack, allow him to talk about sports. And yes Bush did contribute a lot to the mess the U.S. is in now.

ChiSportsDaily
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM

Anyone who understands budgets realizes that decisions made in one year impacts surpluses/deficits in subsequent years. Thousands of people bought homes on no-money-down subprimes with no affect on current finances and are now bankrupt.

The New York Times did a breakdown of debt by policy changes under Bush and Obama:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24sun4.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&adxnnlx=1330704000-2UOZqLQuQUy+LSxh+G8O3g

In the end, perhaps Obama's policies will end up adding as much or more than Bush's, but so far it's not even close.

Also, if you're going to claim something as fact, provide some type of support or evidence. Otherwise, no one knows anyone and has no reason to believe anything said.

oak2455
03-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Anyone who understands budgets realizes that decisions made in one year impacts surpluses/deficits in subsequent years. Thousands of people bought homes on no-money-down subprimes with no affect on current finances and are now bankrupt.

The New York Times did a breakdown of debt by policy changes under Bush and Obama:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24sun4.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&adxnnlx=1330704000-2UOZqLQuQUy+LSxh+G8O3g

In the end, perhaps Obama's policies will end up adding as much or more than Bush's, but so far it's not even close.

Also, if you're going to claim something as fact, provide some type of support or evidence. Otherwise, no one knows anyone and has no reason to believe anything said.

heres the article

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2011/08/31/obama-a-bad-economic-president-consider-it-proved/

ChiSportsDaily
03-02-2012, 12:55 PM
heres the article

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2011/08/31/obama-a-bad-economic-president-consider-it-proved/

Definitely better. I get the argument being made and there may be some degree of validity, but I've never been a proponent of simplifying the blame for macroeconomic results to this level. It's a global economy. Example, Greece's debt woes are out of our control, yet are still jerking around the Dow on a day to day basis.

The gold argument's a little crazy too. Gold's always been a recessionary investment. Of course the value vs. the dollar will increase in a recession.

PhillyFaninLA
03-02-2012, 12:57 PM
What a bizarre post... I guess noone ever alludes to Stalin or Hitler to make a point because they're dead?

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7856/jobsn.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/jobsn.jpg/)

Valid point on the reference. My bad.

I stated earlier and you chart does not, the problem started in 1974 so it goes back quite a bit further then your bias chart shows.

oak2455
03-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Definitely better. I get the argument being made and there may be some degree of validity, but I've never been a proponent of simplifying the blame for macroeconomic results to this level. It's a global economy. Example, Greece's debt woes are out of our control, yet are still jerking around the Dow on a day to day basis.

The gold argument's a little crazy too. Gold's always been a recessionary investment. Of course the value vs. the dollar will increase in a recession.

Listen I really couldn't care who runs the Country, as long as they know WTF is going on.....Rep...Dem....don't care just fix this mess please:D

JackB
03-02-2012, 01:16 PM
he's just made it worse

:clap:

waveycrockett
03-02-2012, 01:16 PM
So Obama can't watch basketball but the guy who put us in this hole could play a bunch of rounds of golf and go hunting while he started two wars, watched wall street meltdown and auto industry collapse as well as over see collapse of housing market. Nice!

oak2455
03-02-2012, 01:17 PM
and Obama is still worse sorry :(

Wade>You
What is he doing talking about basketball? Besides using his charm to garner votes for his re-election.

As long as there isn't a republican president I am all for it. I don't wanna see anymore wars. Thousands of innocent people were getting killed no reason under that stupid Bush ***. He messed up this country for next 20 years and beyond. It's impossible to fix his mess in just 4 years. I know I have a vote and I won't waste it. Obama for 2012.There's wars being fought right now under Obama's presidency and there's more being lined up.

thekmp211

heres the article

thank the lord there are other political literates on this site.

oak2455
03-02-2012, 01:22 PM
What is he doing talking about basketball? Besides using his charm to garner votes for his re-election.

There's wars being fought right now under Obama's presidency and there's more being lined up.

People don't understand he's in a Big Hole right now look at Israel and Iran.....thats pretty interesting:facepalm:

infamous46
03-02-2012, 01:36 PM
i doubt he knew Lin was gonna be this big and pay taxes that puts money in his pockets and pays for all of his vacations i expect him to be constantly working no other president takes more time off then him

justinnum1
03-02-2012, 01:37 PM
So Obama can't watch basketball but the guy who put us in this hole could play a bunch of rounds of golf and go hunting while he started two wars, watched wall street meltdown and auto industry collapse as well as over see collapse of housing market. Nice!

:clap:

smiddy012
03-02-2012, 02:26 PM

You can thank your friend Bush for Obama. And you can thank Bush for Iraq.

And you are completely ******** btw, we are EASILY one of the most liked nations in the world, and it has IMPROVED under Obama, look up the facts before you spout BS.

smiddy012
03-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Why is Hillary running?

There is nothing wrong with a true, respectable conservative... but you are a loon. Try asking a realistic, non-campaigning Repub how likely Mitt or Rick will beat Obama. Some of the biggest, most racist Obama-haters I know even admit this.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2012, 02:40 PM
How on earth did they stay open? We have a politics forum for how this thread turned.