PDA

View Full Version : Kobe doesn't give a **** about what Dwayne did.

Lakeshow24KB
03-01-2012, 05:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7633023/kobe-bryant-says-there-no-beef-dwyane-wade-first-game-concussion-fractured-nose

Lol a good mature answer.

D1JM
03-01-2012, 05:48 PM
"We've been close friends for a long time," Bryant said. "Myself, Melo (Carmelo Anthony) and him. We've been really, really close."

teaming up in 2014 :speechless:

LongIslandIcedZ
03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I wonder if Lebron is upset that he's on the outside?

Lakeshow24KB
03-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I wonder if Lebron is upset that he's on the outside?

That's what I was thinking lol.

SportsFanatic10
03-01-2012, 05:56 PM
i was surprised when he said carmelo and wade are the ones hes closest with on team usa. i didn't realize him and wade were like that.

Cfrey
03-01-2012, 05:56 PM
does there really need to be a kobe thread about every motha ****in thing on this planet

Evolution23
03-01-2012, 05:57 PM
I love skip bayless

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 06:06 PM
i was surprised when he said carmelo and wade are the ones hes closest with on team usa. i didn't realize him and wade were like that.

Kobe respects greatness, and what wade did in 06 finals was one of the greatest performances of all time.

Hopefully kobe fans can settle down now since kobe dont give a ****.

sp1derm00
03-01-2012, 06:08 PM

They probably aren't.

Kobe's probably just saying that to back up Wade so there's no more controversy.

I have never heard anything about Kobe and Wade being buddy-buddy.

Melo and Kobe? Yup. Lebron and Kobe? Yup, kinda. CP3 and Kobe? Yup.

Wade and Kobe? Never.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 06:09 PM
They probably aren't.

Kobe's probably just saying that to back up Wade so there's no more controversy.

Wade and Kobe? Never.

Didn't know you knew kobe better than he knows himself.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I was under the idea that Kobe was closes to Melo and CP3. I was very surprised to hear that D-Wade and Kobe are close, especially after the **** that Shaq might have talked about Kobe when he got traded to Miami in '04.

xfyre
03-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I was under the idea that Kobe was closes to Melo and CP3. I was very surprised to hear that D-Wade and Kobe are close, especially after the **** that Shaq might have talked about Kobe when he got traded to Miami in '04.

why would that be about dwade tho? if anything he would be pissed about Shaq...wade had nothing to do with that. And i dont know why this has been so over hyped everyone knows it wasn't intentional...wade barely ever fouls anyone in a game..

plus why the hell would kobe say they are close friends if they werent. if he was just trying to cover it up so everyone moves on he woulda just said its not a big deal and move on..he wouldnt have added their friendship status

lakers4sho
does there really need to be a kobe thread about every motha ****in thing on this planet

Then don't watch

Lakeshow24KB

A lot of people wanted to know the outcome of this "controversy" and here it is. I don't see anyone else complaining. If you think it's a waste of time to read this thread then you're wasting your team even more by replying.

Cano-Montero...
03-01-2012, 06:22 PM
They probably aren't.

Wade and Kobe? Never.

really?

SportsFanatic10
03-01-2012, 06:24 PM
why would that be about dwade tho? if anything he would be pissed about Shaq...wade had nothing to do with that. And i dont know why this has been so over hyped everyone knows it wasn't intentional...wade barely ever fouls anyone in a game..

plus why the hell would kobe say they are close friends if they werent. if he was just trying to cover it up so everyone moves on he woulda just said its not a big deal and move on..he wouldnt have added their friendship status

agreed. i never really knew they were friends like that so it surprised me. but come to think about it they both probably don't like shaq much. shaq bad mouthed the heat ever since he left and once sarcastically called wade "wonder boy" and didn't help him up after he fouled him in pheonix. wade doesn't even want to be called "flash" anymore which is the nickname shaq game him.

L@ker4Life
03-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Nice article. Kobe dishes out lots of fouls especially in the form of elbows, so someone whacking him good isn't going to phase him. Its good old school bball.

If it was a regular season game it would be a non story, but since it was an All-star game its a big deal.

RCarlson85
03-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Maybe now people can just let it go. It's unfortunate it happened, but there was no intent. If Kobe isn't bothered by it, why should anyone else be?

Swift Game
03-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Kobe respects greatness, and what wade did in 06 finals was one of the greatest performances of all time.

Hopefully kobe fans can settle down now since kobe dont give a ****.

I agree, and I will do you one better....One of the greatest Free Throw performances of all time. He shot a total of 97 free throws in the 06 Finals and 25 in game 5. He should have his own shrine in the Hall of Fame for that Free Throw Performance, it was epic.

Lakeshow24KB
03-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Lol you guys should watch the whole video. It's hilarious.

Gritz
03-01-2012, 06:51 PM

You ******* right he does

naps
03-01-2012, 07:06 PM
"I've known Dwyane for years now," Bryant said.

"It's always entertaining to me to hear people talk about our relationship as if they know really what's going on and try to say there's something between them and all this other stuff. It was very simple. It was very simple. He didn't mean to do it. It's just something that just happens. He's not that type of person."

"We've been close friends for a long time," Bryant said. "Myself, Melo (Carmelo Anthony) and him. We've been really, really close."

"He's a nicer guy than I am, to be honest with you," Bryant said. "He's just not the type of person who would intentionally do something like that."

So Kobe knows what happened and he knows Wade in no way intended to draw blood from his nose. But apparently Kobephiles can't move the **** on.

Lakeshow24KB
03-01-2012, 07:09 PM
So Kobe knows what happened and he knows Wade in no way intended to draw blood from his nose. But apparently Kobephiles can't move the **** on.

Lol Kobe never cares about what the hell happens he just wants to play.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 07:21 PM
I agree, and I will do you one better....One of the greatest Free Throw performances of all time. He shot a total of 97 free throws in the 06 Finals and 25 in game 5. He should have his own shrine in the Hall of Fame for that Free Throw Performance, it was epic.

His finals mvp looks just like ever other, also the larry o brian trophy looks like the others too. When you attack the rim, you tend to get calls.:)

Marlin234
03-01-2012, 08:06 PM

Would you like some cheese that whine?

SmartestGuyHere
03-01-2012, 08:13 PM
He downplayed it so MWP can :box: Wade without a heavy suspension. What else can he say? Ron is gonna jump you, watch out?

SmartestGuyHere
03-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Would you like some cheese that whine?

If you're going to insult someone, speak some English so they could understand you.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Refs are gonna be watching the lakers for sure. artest bumps wade in an agressive fasion and he probably gonna get tossed, same goes for bynum and barnes. Only guy that can probably get away with something is gasol, just because no one would expect him to do something.

SmartestGuyHere
03-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Refs are gonna be watching the lakers for sure. artest bumps wade in an agressive fasion and he probably gonna get tossed, same goes for bynum and barnes. Only guy that can probably get away with something is gasol, just because no one would expect him to do something.

Even if he does, it wouldn't hurt because he's so SOFT.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 08:24 PM

:laugh2: good point

Lakeshow24KB
03-01-2012, 08:25 PM
MWP already said that he won't do anything. But I call BS on that.

Lakeshow24KB
03-01-2012, 08:26 PM

I'm pretty sure if a seven foot guy like gasol bumped into you with force, you will get hurt.

kArSoN RyDaH
03-01-2012, 08:33 PM
This just in:

Breaking News:

Kobe Bryant was seen sneezing. Does he have a cold? How will this affect his play? Will players in the locker room stay away from him in fear of getting sick?

More to come...

bucketss
03-01-2012, 08:33 PM
If you're going to insult someone, speak some English so they could understand you.

i hate when people do this, even though its clear what he meant just because the sentence wasnt perfect you decide to point it out to make yourself look smart or cool lol.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm pretty sure if a seven foot guy like gasol bumped into you with force, you will get hurt.

yea, me, you, would get hurt ...wade, 6'4 225 4% body fat...wade takes hits on a nightly basis. Should be a great game sunday, i hope bosh is back, he usually plays well agasint the lakers.

ThunderousDemon
03-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Sunday's game is going to be interesting

gotoHcarolina52
03-01-2012, 08:54 PM
The Heat and Lakers seem to respect each other. I doubt anything happens.

fadedmario
03-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Wade is a punk. Kobe is just taking the high road.

naps
03-01-2012, 10:59 PM

Very few guys carry themselves like Wade on and off the court. Wade is one of the most humble superstars ever, in any sports.

Longhornfan1234
03-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Wade is a dirty player... Do yall remember the Rondo incident in last year's playoffs? What is Wade doing hard fouling in an all star game? :facepalm:

fadedmario
03-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Very few guys carry themselves like Wade on and off the court. Wade is one of the most humble superstars ever, in any sports.

This is a joke, right?

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Wade is a dirty player... Do yall remember the Rondo incident in last year's playoffs? What is Wade doing hard fouling in an all star game? :facepalm:

get over it, kobe already is

Corey
03-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Its times like these when I really like Kobe.

Everyone wants to make a huge deal out of Wade fouling him, and he comes out and says he doesn't care about it.

Good stuff.

Corey
03-01-2012, 11:49 PM

I think Wade's a pretty classy guy, personally.

fadedmario
03-01-2012, 11:51 PM
I think Wade's a pretty classy guy, personally.

Agree to disagree. I'm a big Lebron fan too - so no need for the Miami fans to call me a Heat hater or something. But I can't stand Wade.

SmartestGuyHere
03-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Wade is a *****, it takes him like 3 days to apologize? If anything, his agent persuaded him to at the risk of retaliation. Derek Fisher, you have been trash for the past 5 years, make yourself useful and take out Wade.

RaiderLakersA's
03-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Wade is a *****, it takes him like 3 days to apologize? If anything, his agent persuaded him to at the risk of retaliation. Derek Fisher, you have been trash for the past 5 years, make yourself useful and take out Wade.

Wade and Kobe are friends and have been for years now.

There was a time when fans and the media tried to manufacture beef between the two when Shaq went to Miami, but nothing came of it. There have been plenty of times when the cameras would catch Wade talking with Kobe and his family -- and visa versa -- following the games. Obviously, I don't know how, why, or when, but between that time and the Redeem Team, Kobe and Wade became close friends.

A close friendship doesn't preclude going hard against one another, especially if you know that your friend is the only one that can truly test you and help you to get better.

Irrespective of where you rank Kobe and Wade, it's clear that they are two of the best 2 guards in the league. Period. Not just in terms of talent, but mindset as well.

It's not only normal, but prerequisite for fierce competitors, alphas, to go at each other when it's time to compete. It's understood between them. Whether best friends or related by blood, it doesn't matter. It's a law as old as time itself.

Kobe gets it.

Wade gets it.

That's why Wade didn't HAVE to apologize publicly. It's why Kobe shrugs off the incident as meaningless.

They were battling the entire all star game. Some of the fouls were called, but most weren't. I'm glad. Let 'em play. It's a beautiful thing to watch.