PDA

View Full Version : Dwight wants Steve Nash

Lakeshow24KB
03-01-2012, 05:37 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/03/01/dwight-howard-asks-magic-for-pg-steve-nash/

Avenged
03-01-2012, 06:54 PM
:bla: That's what I hear when I read what Dwight has to say now.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Dwight wants Magic to come out of retirement.

My goodness, first CP3, then D-Will, then Monta and now Nash.

I seriously think Jameer Nelson is going to commit suicide by the March 15th trade deadline out of depression. :(

SmartestGuyHere
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Didn't Dwight say he's gonna leave? Now he wants favors from the Magic? Trade his *** before he makes more demands..

ghettosean
03-01-2012, 07:17 PM
That **** is crazy... I hope they find a way to make Dwight stay in Orlando. Though I think it will be next to impossible.

ManRam
03-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh, cool story, Dwight.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 07:22 PM
to bad the magic dont have great assets. nash-dwight would be nice tho

SKINSZARDS
03-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Got over his crush on Deron that fast huh?

imagesrdecievin
03-01-2012, 07:26 PM
I think the bottom line is that Dwight wants to play with a good point guard. After years of playing with Jameer - can anyone really blame him?

ManRam
03-01-2012, 07:28 PM
I think the bottom line is that Dwight wants to play with a good point guard. After years of playing with Jameer - can anyone really blame him?

Jameer has had some really good years, was an all-star their championship year. This year, he's been really bad.

He's fed up with not getting touches. He expects to get the ball every time, and not have to work hard to get it. He's even complained after huge 4th quarter comebacks that he doesn't get the ball enough late in games. We've been nothing short of a great 4th quarter team the past month...

This guy also wants a ton of bums too, so I think it's clear he doesn't know what he wants, except that he wants an easy way to win.

Raps18-19 Champ
Too bad they don't have the pieces for Nash.

Lakers + Giants
basically saying **** Jameer.

KJ21.the.truth
03-01-2012, 07:29 PM
"Sources close to the situation say that Howard will not exercise his early termination option if the Magic are able to acquire Nash."

Hate to say it but I feel like this is some Bull****. He's basically giving an ultimatum the Magic can't meet...

ManRam
03-01-2012, 07:34 PM
"Sources close to the situation say that Howard will not exercise his early termination option if the Magic are able to acquire Nash."

Hate to say it but I feel like this is some Bull****. He's basically giving an ultimatum the Magic can't meet...

Yeah, I don't believe a word he says, or "sources" around him say.

Unless it's in print, I won't believe it. If we can get Nash, we need to make Dwight immediately honor his word...otherwise he'll probably change his fickle little mind.

Yakuza
03-01-2012, 07:34 PM
D12 changes his mind more than a high school girl. Act like a grown man and say "I want to be a free agent," and move on, he is just losing fans and credibilty.

UPRock
03-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Looks like Dwight wants every freaking player in the league.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 07:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7yd7dle
:shrug:
I think brooks is coming back to phx too in a few weeks

thephoenixson28
Howard to the suns

tcav701
The NBA is such a joke.

Imagine owning a company and feeling obligated ask your employees permission to make a decision.

The lockout didnt change a damn thing.

ManRam
03-01-2012, 07:39 PM
D12 changes his mind more than a high school girl. Act like a grown man and say "I want to be a free agent," and move on, he is just losing fans and credibilty.

The thing is, and I really don't even think I'm being biased, I really think he would stay in Orlando if he felt he could win there. He genuinely likes it there...he just wants to win (or just wants something...).

But I think his mind is not made up. It sucks, good for us perhaps, but it is what it is. It's a big deal, I'm sure...

Daunter
03-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Howard to PHX :D

LTBaByyy
03-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Nelson + JJ Reddick + 1st round pick for Nash

I mean I would throw in Anderson but isnt Nash 38? I mean come on

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Nelson + JJ Reddick + 1st round pick for Nash

I mean I would throw in Anderson but isnt Nash 38? I mean come on

If it means keeping dwight, i think it would be worth it.

px gets-nelson, reddick, anderson
orl gets-nash frye

ManRam
03-01-2012, 07:47 PM
If it means keeping dwight, i think it would be worth it.

px gets-nelson, reddick, anderson
orl gets-nash frye

Yeah, we'd have to take a salary back.

If Dwight makes it official that he won't opt out, then it's worth it. It is in no way shape or form worth it if he doesn't. Can't take the risk. So basically, it's gotta be up to Dwight here. He's holding the team hostage, so he's gotta man up to get anything done now.

tcav701
03-01-2012, 07:49 PM
I remember when LeBron begged the Cavs to bring in Jamison and he still split.

I wish owners would stop pandering to these divas.

Jesse2272
03-01-2012, 07:50 PM
D12 is a douche

bet he drives a prius

Hustla23
03-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Redick and a first rounder looks good to me. You can even throw in a second rounder and 3 mil in cash.

If they include Anderson and Dwight bolts anyway, that would just be horrible.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I remember when LeBron begged the Cavs to bring in Jamison and he still split.

I wish owners would stop pandering to these divas.

I thought lebron wanted amare at the deadline?

Gritz
03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Dwight's a ******

tcav701
03-01-2012, 07:54 PM

Amare was his first choice but he also wanted Jamison.

LeBron has his handpicked team of Shaq, Jamison, Mo and his stepfather and when he still couldnt get it done he ran.

Dwight is going to do the same thing.

Jesse2272
03-01-2012, 07:55 PM

He did

Didnt happen obviously

AJ was his last resort choice and he failed miserably in the playoffs

ne3xchamps
03-01-2012, 07:56 PM
:bla: That's what I hear when I read what Dwight has to say now.

X1000!!

I think I'm going to stay out of the nba forum until after the trade deadline. This is getting ridiculous.

imagesrdecievin
03-01-2012, 07:56 PM
The NBA is such a joke.

Imagine owning a company and feeling obligated ask your employees permission to make a decision.

The lockout didnt change a damn thing.

Depends on how talented/how replaceable that talent is. Happens all the time in the real world in all types of businesses.

The truly irreplaceable talent in any industry can be as difficult as they damn well please.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Depends on how talented/how replaceable that talent is. Happens all the time in the real world in all types of businesses.

The truly irreplaceable talent in any industry can be as difficult as they damn well please.

This.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 07:59 PM
He did

Didnt happen obviously

I was worried as a heat fan at that time, I thought if amare went to the cavs there was no way lebron was entering free agency. I also remember miami was involved in talks to get amare.

tcav701
03-01-2012, 08:00 PM

You are talking about being irreplaceable and asking for a raise in an office.

Imagine having to check with an employee on who you can hire/fire.....or walking on eggshells in fear to piss them off....when does that happen?

but why have a GM when you can have a superstar player set the roster.

MJ is doin pretty good with it.

Lakeshow24KB
03-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah I think the whole league and especially PSD has had enough with Dwight. If this is true, that is.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 08:03 PM
You are talking about being irreplaceable and asking for a raise in an office.

Imagine having to check with an employee on who you can hire/fire.....or walking on eggshells in fear to piss them off....when does that happen?

but why have a GM when you can have a superstar player set the roster.

MJ is doin pretty good with it.

When the success or failure of the company largely depends on one employee, they tend to have a lot of say.

Punk
03-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I was worried as a heat fan at that time, I thought if amare went to the cavs there was no way lebron was entering free agency. I also remember miami was involved in talks to get amare.

The trade was JJ Hickson/Big Z + picks for Amare. I heard the Cavs turned it down.

Miami, NJ, Chicago, SAS were all trying to trade for Amare.

ManRam
03-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey, Ken Berger, a very smart man, made his "bold prediction" on NBA TV today saying he thinks Nash will end up in Orlando. Take that for what it's worth...which is probably nothing.

NYYCowboys
03-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Is Jameer Nelson THAT bad....

5ass
03-01-2012, 08:15 PM
He did

Didnt happen obviously

if orl trades for nash atleast if dwight leaves were not left with this huge "what if" like cleveland. We need to go all out on trying to keep dwight, i dont care that kind of player comes once every generation.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 08:16 PM
All nash has to do is say trade me to orlando, and phx would probably help get him there and not try to rape the magic to get him.

Jesse2272
03-01-2012, 08:16 PM

Im with you

wanted Lebron to come to NYC thought STAT was the way

My brother from another fanbase

Jesse2272
03-01-2012, 08:18 PM
if orl trades for nash atleast if dwight leaves were not left with this huge "what if" like cleveland. We need to go all out on trying to keep dwight, i dont care that kind of player comes once every generation.

I live in ORL im obviously a NYK fan I want D12 to stay and battle the knicks every year

Love the new arena

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-01-2012, 08:21 PM
How does anyone actually think this is legitimate.

mgsports
03-01-2012, 08:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Magic get Nash,Suns get Rondo.

Mr_Amaziing
03-01-2012, 08:42 PM
I can't wait till Deadline to see what Orlando Magic would do

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Nash/Beasley to Magic and other to Timberwolves and Suns?

interesting

i just worked out apretty bad *** trade using magic's 4.3mil trade exception

minny gets: reddick
phx gets: nelson andseron
magic get: nash beas and warrick(trade exception)
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6ru78tn

smith&wesson
03-01-2012, 08:51 PM
you know what dwight you should look at greg oden and be thankfull you can even play. take a couple serious injuries and then be humbled that your even in the nba. tired of this guy man. who honestly give two ***** what this dude wants any more.

king4day
03-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Wow maybe we can convince him this offseason if he wants to play with Nash that bad :)

Unless a 3rd team is involved, it ain't happening. He probably knows that too which is why he offered to stay another year.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Wow maybe we can convince him this offseason if he wants to play with Nash that bad :)

Unless a 3rd team is involved, it ain't happening. He probably knows that too which is why he offered to stay another year.

What would phx be looking for? Nash isnt going to get you much, getting nelson, anderson, and getting rid of a contract(warrick or frye) seems reasonable. no?

king4day
03-01-2012, 09:05 PM
All nash has to do is say trade me to orlando, and phx would probably help get him there and not try to rape the magic to get him.

You'd see the Suns getting Ryan Anderson, Reddick, and Nelson and probably send back Nash, Frye (to replace Anderson), and other pieces that'll fill in the blanks. Suns won't trade Nash simply to help him win a title.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Magic get Nash,Suns get Rondo.
You have to save the link first. You just posted the website for trade machine. I'd do something that included getting Rondo though.

interesting

i just worked out apretty bad *** trade using magic's 4.3mil trade exception

minny gets: reddick
phx gets: nelson andseron
magic get: nash beas and warrick(trade exception)
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6ru78tn

Not getting enough back.

NetsPaint
03-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Howard should sign with Phoenix in the off-season. They're gonna have a lot of cap-space this off-season and he could play with Nash while still having warm weather.

ManRam
03-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I think this has little to do with position, and more to do with just needing another star. He loves Jameer, in fact, by all accounts Dwight has kinda become a bit of a "loner", except for Jameer. They're best friends, and Jameer is really the only person Dwight is super friendly with.

I mean, he wants SGs, SFs and PGs on this team to help him out. He just wants something...

king4day
03-01-2012, 09:13 PM
What would phx be looking for? Nash isnt going to get you much, getting nelson, anderson, and getting rid of a contract(warrick or frye) seems reasonable. no?

For those pieces though, we're better off hanging onto Nash. It's better for the city. Nelson won't do anything for us except score. Anderson is just a cheaper Frye (anderson is having a better year).

There's just nothing that can hep us in the future outside of shaving off a couple years left on a deal.

If we were to dump a bad contract it'd have to be Childress for sure. Warrick we can always use the amnesty on. Frye is overpaid but still can be productive. Childress is a lost cause with 3 years left after this one.

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
If Howard can somehow force Nash to Orlando, and ends up staying there, Howard will become one of my favorite players. I wouldn't wanna see that team in the playoffs.

NetsPaint
03-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I wonder if Phoenix could find out from Nash if he'd return next season after playing for a contender (would give Nash a shot while getting pieces back to the Suns) without being considered tampering.

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 09:30 PM
For those pieces though, we're better off hanging onto Nash. It's better for the city. Nelson won't do anything for us except score. Anderson is just a cheaper Frye (anderson is having a better year).

There's just nothing that can hep us in the future outside of shaving off a couple years left on a deal.

If we were to dump a bad contract it'd have to be Childress for sure. Warrick we can always use the amnesty on. Frye is overpaid but still can be productive. Childress is a lost cause with 3 years left after this one.

Does Orlando have draft picks to give up? Ryan Anderson is better than Frye and will get a nice payday next year, so it wouldn't make sense for you guys to take him back unless you liked him enough to re-sign him.

Kashmir13579
03-01-2012, 09:31 PM
How does anyone actually think this is legitimate.

I want it to be true, because it would show that Dwight really cares about winning rather than leaving. It sucks seeing fanbases lose their guy like that.

marj987
03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Dwight is just taking advantage of the Magic now, I think he's acting like a little ***** on purpose.

xbrackattackx
03-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Lakers trade Ebank,Morris,Locke,Mcbob and Dallas 1st
Suns trade Nash,Warrick,Childress and Lopez
Orlando trade JJ,Meer,Orton and Anderson,1st rounder

Lakers get Anderson,Meer,Childress and Lopez
Suns get JJ,Morris,Ebanks,Orton and Orlando and Lakers first
Orlando gets Nash,Warrick,Locke and Mcbob

Lakers get a decent PG and scoring from Anderson. A back up for Bynum since he can be injured at anytime and take a bad contract in Childress but he expires when most of the lakers other big contracts do.

Suns get 2 picks for the future and some young talent and gets rid of two bad contracts.

Orlando can afford to lose Anderson they have big baby, they get nash which could maybe help Dwight out also get some PF depth. also a young Sg that can score and is cheap.

imagesrdecievin
03-01-2012, 09:49 PM
It seems to me as if Nash has a lot more value to the Suns for tix sales than he would anywhere else. I can't see how Orlando can provide enough value back?

I also have a hard time picturing Sarver giving in to a trade request by Nash(that hasn't been made yet) to reward his loyalty - at the expense of big time money.

If they trade Nash (for Orlando's assets!) that building is going to be EMPTY!

I-4_Fan
03-01-2012, 10:28 PM
It seems to me as if Nash has a lot more value to the Suns for tix sales than he would anywhere else. I can't see how Orlando can provide enough value back?

I also have a hard time picturing Sarver giving in to a trade request by Nash(that hasn't been made yet) to reward his loyalty - at the expense of big time money.

If they trade Nash (for Orlando's assets!) that building is going to be EMPTY!

What is this idea that we have no assets come from? I guess our guys need more drama to show up on ESPN.

If there is nothing Phoenix wants for Nash that makes me ecstatic, because there is nothing I want to give up for a 38 year old. He has a year or two left and there is no way we get a fair deal out of this. Even if it was just for Turk for Nash.

waveycrockett
03-01-2012, 10:34 PM
What is this idea that we have no assets come from? I guess our guys need more drama to show up on ESPN.

If there is nothing Phoenix wants for Nash that makes me ecstatic, because there is nothing I want to give up for a 38 year old. He has a year or two left and there is no way we get a fair deal out of this. Even if it was just for Turk for Nash.

Because you guys have no assets. If you had any assets you would have traded them to get Dwight some help a long time ago.

ichitownclowni
03-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Im done with this guy **** him

xILLN355
03-01-2012, 10:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6owp9za
perfect trade

serious note: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ovo8zz

mdm692
03-01-2012, 10:59 PM

yup and just like the cavs they werent willing to part way with beasley for stat yet they gave him away for nearly nothing to the t-wolves :facepalm:

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 11:18 PM
yup and just like the cavs they werent willing to part way with beasley for stat yet they gave him away for nearly nothing to the t-wolves :facepalm:

Maybe riley new something nobody else did:shrug: Also doubt phx would have taken beasley for stat.

The goods
03-01-2012, 11:18 PM
I bet jameer is like oh my god would you leave already lol.

naps
03-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Damn, Dwight's been driving people crazy. What a baby!

On a side note: It's fun to see Lakers fans get pissed on Dwight because he's not talking about going to LA. Dwight was great as long as that possibly was alive, but now **** Dwight! :laugh2:

KnicksorBust
03-01-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't blame Dwight for what he's doing at all. He gave Orlando 7 full seasons and now that he's in his prime he's still never played with another top 20 player. Or top 30 player. Or top 40 player. He's never going to be able to get past teams like the Heat-Bulls or win a Finals against a team like the Thunder-Lakers with that supporting cast.

If you can't get your star a true 2nd option in 7 seasons then he's got all the right in the world to become a FA and walk.

Lakeshow24KB
03-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Damn, Dwight's been driving people crazy. What a baby!

On a side note: It's fun to see Lakers fans get pissed on Dwight because he's not talking about going to LA. Dwight was great as long as that possibly was alive, but now **** Dwight! :laugh2:

lol I know I was flipping out earlier but now I'm pissing my pants thanking Mitch for not caving in.

LA4life24/8
03-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Dwight wants Magic to come out of retirement.

My goodness, first CP3, then D-Will, then Monta and now Nash.

I seriously think Jameer Nelson is going to commit suicide by the March 15th trade deadline out of depression. :(

haha, not sure how funny you were trying to be with this but that last line had me crackin up... poor jameer nelson, just sayin if dwight dont want him, well take him here in laker land

KnickVeteran
03-02-2012, 01:01 AM
either way, Dwight still takes a PR hit...

THE MTL
03-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Magic shouldnt listen to anything that Dwight wants! He wants to leave and thats all said and done.

Of all stars to flank their teams (Lebron, Bosh, Melo, Paul), he is actually the first one to actually ASK FOR A TRADE outright. You dont get more clear than that.

Cali4rnia
03-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Poor Jameer Nelson :)

Mcdoh
03-02-2012, 01:33 AM
i think the magic should trade for dwill.. if they want D12 to stay.. but how could dwight say that with nelson still around...

Daunter
03-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Anderson will not be as good without Howard on the floor

JordansBulls
03-03-2012, 08:08 PM
With current Nash they could probably win the title this season.

Lakeshow24KB
03-03-2012, 08:29 PM

They can. For sure. PG+C > any other duo.

D12 fan
03-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Yeah besides the Bulls,they would cause matchup problems for Miami with Nash/Howard the Heat 2 biggest weaknesses.

SA5195
03-03-2012, 09:18 PM
What happened to D-Will?

Oh well, Nash is a better option than SJAX lol