PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks to sign steve nash if they lose D12 and D-will

mdm692
03-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Apparently nash is everybodys second option but although he will be a FA chances of him being available are highly unlikely but then again stranger things have happened.

Link about Mavs looking to sign Nash if Deron falls through this summer:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20120229-report-mavericks-to-sign-steve-nash-if-dwight-howard-deron-williams-don-t-come.ece

Link about Mavs looking to deal Odom for Nash:

The word on the streets is that the Mavs may trade Lamar Odom to Phoenix for Steve Nash. That will get Odom closer to his home in LA

http://arizonasports.com/41/1508578/New-Steve-Nash-trade-rumor-Dallas-for-Lamar-Odom

ManRam
03-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Need a link.

Also, I'll wait until it happens. Does Nash say he wants to go there? It still sounds like he wants to stay in PHX for whatever reason.

mdm692
03-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Im posting from my phone but the link is on psd's home page under nba news. I think nash is really comfortable here he loves everything is big city life without all the paparazzi and lights. Also the only way he can keep playin for a long time is a combination of his diet and phoenix medical staff.

king4day
03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I added the link. Just a Dallas writer mentioning it.

This would be an autrocious deal for Phoenix. If it were to be done, they better throw in J-kidd and Roddy at the very least. And take a ****** contract off our hands.

mdm692
03-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I added the link. Just a Dallas writer mentioning it.

This would be an autrocious deal for Phoenix. If it were to be done, they better throw in J-kidd and Roddy at the very least. And take a ****** contract off our hands.

whoa i just read the added link. The only way i would be ok is if they take frye or childress off our hands and then we manage to resign nash in the offseason =P.

mRc08
03-01-2012, 02:00 PM
With Nash a seemingly loyal guy who doesn't want to leave pheonix, i could see him going to the Mavs where he once played. plus don't him and dirk have a good relationship?

Matrix3132
03-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Im posting from my phone but the link is on psd's home page under nba news. I think nash is really comfortable here he loves everything is big city life without all the paparazzi and lights. Also the only way he can keep playin for a long time is a combination of his diet and phoenix medical staff.

So that's why he lives in NY whenever he doesn't have to be in phoenix?

king4day
03-01-2012, 02:06 PM
whoa i just read the added link. The only way i would be ok is if they take frye or childress off our hands and then we manage to resign nash in the offseason =P.

Since Dallas has nothing of value to offer, here's what I'd do:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=82vl5fg

Nash
Childress
Frye

for

Kidd
Roddy
Odom
Wright

Dump bad contracts is the key. Roddy and Wright aren't and probably never will be stars, but at least we have future trade chips at the least.

Dallas fans won't like it, but they have nothing to offer in a deal. If they wait and miss on Williams, Kidd sounds like he wants to play in NJ or backup Deron somewhere.
So they'd be left without a PG.

THE MTL
03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Suns will never do that. Steve Nash will never do that to the Suns. It makes Odom even more upset cause Suns are in same division as beloved Lakers.

ManRam
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
The only assets Dallas really have are expiring contracts...and those could actually help PHX out a little. If they think Nash won't be back next year, you might as well trade him and some bad contracts for some expirings...especially if you can't get a nice young player back in return instead.

LTBaByyy
03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
We are not going to take back awful contracts like Frye and Childress

Suns fans are funny! Haha

LTBaByyy
03-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Odom, Roddy, and 1st round pick for Nash

Take it or leave it, we can just wait til he is a free agent

We want cap space! Not to take back your trash

shep33
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Probably the dumbest deal for the Suns.

AnthonyTyrael
03-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Worse deal.

Never, that's what I call broke. Wright and Roddy? For those crappy dudes? No way! What a trade offer, that's garbage besides Nash.

He115ing
03-01-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't think this helps the Mavs at all...

king4day
03-01-2012, 04:12 PM
We are not going to take back awful contracts like Frye and Childress

Suns fans are funny! Haha

Worse deal.

Never, that's what I call broke. Wright and Roddy? For those crappy dudes? No way! What a trade offer, that's garbage besides Nash.

Which is why I posted it.
Even those players offer us nothing. Kidd will leave this offseason. Odom will leave this offseason. Wright and Roddy had promising careers are now just role players. The only gain Phoenix can get is dumping salary.

Suns brass said they have to be blown away to deal Nash. Since Dallas has no valuable trade assets, it's go big or go broke. How bad do they want him and how much will they be willing to risk not having a PG next season.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Even Nash said he'd like to stay in PHX. DAL might be left with nothing. From the possibility of the 3 D's to maybe Raymond Felton and Kris Humphries. Cuban took the risk so let's see what he can make of it.

5ass
03-01-2012, 04:24 PM
3 team trade:
Nash+Hill to Orl
Redick to Minny
Beasley+Randolph+Orl 1st round pick to Suns

Metsboi69
03-01-2012, 04:35 PM
3 team trade:
Nash+Hill to Orl
Redick to Minny

Otis would win executive of the year if he could pull that one off lol.

ne3xchamps
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I will believe it when it happens. Just like all the other trade rumors.

Is that link legit?

netsgiantsyanks
03-01-2012, 05:02 PM
steve nash and j kidd/dirk on the same team again, that's the only positive.

Avenged
03-01-2012, 05:05 PM
If all it takes is Odom for Nash then the Lakers are morons for not jumping on this.

Would be a horrible trade for the Suns.

mdm692
03-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Odom, Roddy, and 1st round pick for Nash

Take it or leave it, we can just wait til he is a free agent

We want cap space! Not to take back your trash

ok then you can miss out on dwight, deron, and nash and be stuck with ummm roddy?!?!?

mzgrizz
03-01-2012, 11:35 PM
I thought the Mavs would be going younger.....

LongWayFromHome
03-01-2012, 11:58 PM
3 team trade:
Nash+Hill to Orl
Redick to Minny

lol at MIN trading Beasley and Randolph for JJ Redick.

Why wouldn't they just trade Beasley and Randolph for Nash? (not sure if numbers work but if you really care go to trade machine and work it out)

Young2Kinsler
03-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Dallas won't take back any contracts. If Phoenix gets a young player like Roddy out of the deal, they should be happy. Otherwise he could leave for nothing.

5ass
03-02-2012, 03:37 AM
lol at MIN trading Beasley and Randolph for JJ Redick.

Why wouldn't they just trade Beasley and Randolph for Nash? (not sure if numbers work but if you really care go to trade machine and work it out)

because they have rubio, Ridnour, Barea all demanding time at the PG position, they need an upgrade at SG and they get that in Redick. He would actually be a great fit in Minny.
They're also not keeping Beasley if it costs too much since they're probably going to go with derrick Williams. With the emergence of Pek they dont need Randolph.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Nash and Dirk are best friends so I'm sure outside of maybe staying in PHX, Steve would love to come back.

He is still the best "pure point guard" in the NBA and it would be great if he could sign a 2 year deal and retire a Maverick.

Dwight wants to play with Nash so a Big 3 of Dirk, Dwight and Nash surrounded by good role players, shooters and defenders would be a contender.

Duncan = Donkey
03-02-2012, 03:56 AM
lol, makes no sense for PHX

kdspurman
03-02-2012, 10:58 AM
ok then you can miss out on dwight, deron, and nash and be stuck with ummm roddy?!?!?

Mavs fans are really high on Roddy. At least they were

rhymeratic
03-02-2012, 11:20 AM
All of this will never happen. Nash will go there as a FA.

mdm692
03-02-2012, 01:37 PM

yeah hes been dissappointing as of recently

thephoenixson28
03-02-2012, 02:04 PM
13 points, 17 assist, and 8 rebounds last night, and we are getting low ball offers cuz he is old. Smh Guess they dont want him that bad.

Wade>You
03-02-2012, 02:07 PM
I like how Mavericks' team reps get passed the tampering rule by leaking information out to the media.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-02-2012, 02:09 PM

He is a really good scorer but we play him at PG when he is a SG. He is also undersized too. Carlisle plays him too inconsistently too.

thekmp211
03-02-2012, 03:30 PM
odom might commit suicide if got traded to nashless phoenix...

nash/dirk would be really fun to revisit with both guys having grown immensely during their time apart and still playing at a prime-like level.

asmarks18
03-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Not sure the Lakers would want Marion and Dominique Jones but this is the best I could come up with that helps the Mavs get what they want (cap relief for Williams and Howard), gets the Lakers a couple of valuable pieces to their puzzle and gets the Suns a couple of prospects and draft picks for Nash who in my opinion will sign with someone else in the offseason despite saying hes loyal to the Suns.

Suns get:

Lamar Odom
Roddy B
Ian Mahinmi
2014 1st round pick from Dallas
2012 1st round pick from Lakers via Dallas (Pick they received for Lamar Odom)
Cash from Dallas- To buy out Odom in the offseason.

Lakers get:

Shawn Marion(Acquired with the trade exception that the Lakers received in the Odom trade)
Dominique Jones

Mavericks get:

Steve Nash
Grant Hill
Matt Barnes

Dallas
Nash-Kidd-Hill-Dirk-Haywood
Terry- Carter- Barnes- Yi- Wright
West- Cardinal

Suns
Roddy- Dudley- Childress- Odom- Gortat
Brown- Mahinmi

Lakers
Fisher- Bryant- Marion- Gasol- Bynum
Blake- Kapono- Artest- Mcroberts- Murphy
Jones- Rasheed Wallace? <--- Is he still expected to sign?

JordansBulls
03-02-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't see how Nash helps them that much.

asmarks18
03-02-2012, 09:04 PM
^ He really doesn't, would just sell a lot of tickets and merchandise as well as clear a lot of cap space for the Mavs.