PDA

View Full Version : If the Nets land the 1st pick (Anthony Davis), does DWill stay?

JB0B0
03-01-2012, 04:03 AM
Thoughts? I personally think Davis is the best big to come out since Oden, so I think a DWill-Davis duo would be lethal.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-01-2012, 04:07 AM
Trade Chip to land a 3rd superstar.

JB0B0
03-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Would also be interesting if the Nets somehow landed Dwight...

DWill
Morrow
Brooks
Davis
Dwight

Talk about a dominating front court

JB0B0
03-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Trade Chip to land a 3rd superstar.

Davis has the potential to be a superstar imo

ryguy553
03-01-2012, 04:10 AM
I actually think there might be a better big in that draft Andre Drummond. He might have a higher upside than even Davis. 2 really good bigs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Davis has the potential to be a superstar imo

But not right away I'm assuming. Potential is great, but the Nets gave away Derrick Favors to get D-Will and now are trying to get Dwight. A 3rd proven superstar or near top all-star and role players will help them battle Chi-town and Miami for East Supremacy n the coming years.

numba1CHANGsta
03-01-2012, 04:17 AM
I actually think there might be a better big in that draft Andre Drummond. He might have a higher upside than even Davis. 2 really good bigs.

Only one of the two will be an all-star type player, the other will be a solid role player

JB0B0
03-01-2012, 04:24 AM

I think Davis is the better prospect. Whether he has more potential or not is another story but if I had the #1 pick, it would be a no-brainer.

naps
03-01-2012, 04:48 AM
IDK if Deron wants to wait couple of years for Davis to be a star player and be part of a rebuilding team. He wants to contend immediately as I assume. That means going to Dallas or pairing up with Dwight. So if Dwight is traded to Nets I would think that pick would have to be included. NO??

JB0B0
03-01-2012, 05:12 AM
IDK if Deron wants to wait couple of years for Davis to be a star player and be part of a rebuilding team. He wants to contend immediately as I assume. That means going to Dallas or pairing up with Dwight. So if Dwight is traded to Nets I would think that pick would have to be included. NO??

Not necessarily. He can sign outright

rockets-fan
03-01-2012, 05:14 AM
what happened to favors?? how has he turned out?

broncosfan4eva
03-01-2012, 05:22 AM
Hmm a unproven Davis or howard...hmmm

PhillyFaninLA
03-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Regardless of draft pick Deron is not leaving.

PhillyFaninLA
03-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Would also be interesting if the Nets somehow landed Dwight...

They will sign Dwight outright in the offseason, no need to trade for him.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 08:52 AM
I offer Bargnani+ for the 1st round pick.

Bargnani and Howard would do wonders in the front court. They complement very well.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 09:26 AM
charlotte will end with the worst record...

UPRock
03-01-2012, 09:31 AM

We rarely see the team with the worst record getting the 1st overall pick :shrug:

knicks=love
03-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Wow actually a good thread. I'm assuming deron wants to win now so I'd think no, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed if they did get the 1st pick. Lopez would be expendable if they got Davis IMO.

D2theJ
03-01-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't see it happening, just because whether they get Dwight before the deadline or not they are going to be a better team now with Lopez back. I see them finishing as a 10 or 11 seed in the east making their chances pretty slim for the #1 pick. And if they do get Dwight they could sneak into the playoffs.

knicks=love
03-01-2012, 09:34 AM

It's a lottery. You don't know that for sure.

ManRam
03-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Let me read his mind!

I don't know.

Davis is a stud, but it will take him a little while to step in and be a force, especially offensively. I have no idea what drives Deron at all, and there are a lot of other factors that will play into this decision...so I really don't know if he'd be enough. My gut says if everything stays the same (let's say Dwight opts in to his final season with Orlando next year), I don't think Davis would be enough. But again, I don't know what he's thinking, and neither do any of you.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 10:06 AM
^true, good point

kozelkid
03-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Probably not.

It kind of reminds me of when people thought that Nets getting Wall would make them favorites for Lebron in 2010. Star players don't care that much about a highly touted prospect because it'll still take that prospect at least 2-3 years before he'll be a key part of a team. Deron wants to win now.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 10:35 AM
It might not be the best idea for them but I could see them using it to get another all star to pair with D-Will and Lopez making them a very good team.

like the 1st for Rudy Gay or Josh Smith or someone like that so they have a solid trio. That would probably entice him to stay.

Greet
03-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Bargnani and Howard would do wonders in the front court. They complement very well.

Do not like.

Lindystud36
03-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Wow actually a good thread. I'm assuming deron wants to win now so I'd think no, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed if they did get the 1st pick. Lopez would be expendable if they got Davis IMO.

The Nets need to hope for a top 3 Pick

If I am GM I trade Brook Lopez & Marshon Brooks & try to bring in an impact player not named Dwight Howard

Monta Ellis/ Rajon Rondo type of player

A Three of Deron, Impact, Howard would be electric
Along with a top pick in this Years Draft (I would take Drummond)

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Do not like.

I realize that it favours the Raptors.

But something like Bargnani, Barbosa and Kleiza rounds out the Nets starting 5. All 3 can shoot so Howard is being maximized.

C-Howard
PF-Bargnani
SF-Kleiza
SG-MLE
PG-Deron
6th-Barbosa

ManRam
03-01-2012, 10:53 AM

If that first round pick is like 9+ overall, that wouldn't be awful. Bargs and Dwight would compliment each other perfectly.

ragee
03-01-2012, 10:59 AM

That's why Howard needs to go to Dallas. :D

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 11:03 AM
If that first round pick is like 9+ overall, that wouldn't be awful. Bargs and Dwight would compliment each other perfectly.

Well I'm a Raptors fan so I have to make it benefit the Raptors.

But I'd be willing to make the "+" someone like Derozan or Davis or anything to make it work.

Greet
03-01-2012, 11:10 AM
I realize that it favours the Raptors.

But something like Bargnani, Barbosa and Kleiza rounds out the Nets starting 5. All 3 can shoot so Howard is being maximized.

C-Howard
PF-Bargnani
SF-Kleiza
SG-MLE
PG-Deron
6th-Barbosa

Marshon would be playing at the 2 and if it's a top 5 pick, we lose value.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Marshon would be playing at the 2 and if it's a top 5 pick, we lose value.

You gotta pick your poison.

I'm saying it in the sense now where the Magic trade Howard to the Nets midseason. Then the Raptors make that trade right after.

So you have a rounded team to make a run for the playoffs.

It's like the Clippers losing the 1st overall pick to the Cavs. They didn't know that it was the first overall pick.

So either make the trades mid season to make a run for the playoffs now or wait until next year.

Greet
03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Yes but the Nets aren't going to trade for Howard since it would be stupid after him saying that he wants to sign as a FA, and at this point it's almost a guarantee that the Nets are going to have a top 5 pick in the draft.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Yes but the Nets aren't going to trade for Howard since it would be stupid after him saying that he wants to sign as a FA, and at this point it's almost a guarantee that the Nets are going to have a top 5 pick in the draft.

I guess.

I was just saying if a team wanted to compete now, that would be an ideal trade to make a rounded out starting 5, even if you lose a bit of value.

Greet
03-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I guess.

I was just saying if a team wanted to compete now, that would be an ideal trade to make a rounded out starting 5, even if you lose a bit of value.

There's absolutely no reason for the Nets to compete for the playoffs this season, other than trying to leave New Jersey on a good note. They need to compete next year.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 11:32 AM
There's absolutely no reason for the Nets to compete for the playoffs this season, other than trying to leave New Jersey on a good note. They need to compete next year.

Well a team of Howard and Williams should make them into a playoff team.

And guys like Bargnani who can score 20 PPG is a great 3rd option.

A team like the one listed could make some noise in the playoffs.

I'd surely think that they could have competed with Chicago and the Heat.

Greet
03-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Well a team of Howard and Williams should make them into a playoff team.

And guys like Bargnani who can score 20 PPG is a great 3rd option.

A team like the one listed could make some noise in the playoffs.

I'd surely think that they could have competed with Chicago and the Heat.

I could see them trading away Houstons pick for a guy like Bargs, but they aren't going to give up a top 5 pick in a good draft for him.

HouRealCoach
03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah I think it could be a trade chip for the right deal... Maybe use the picks to get Stephen Jackson & Al Jefferson

godolphins
03-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Why would Stern give them the #1 pick?

It's going to be between them, NJ, Washington and NO. The Nets are the favorites to land the #1 pick. Btw, last year I predicted that the Cavs would get the #1 pick because of the whole Lebron thing and they did. Stern will decide who will get the #1 pick.

The #1 pick would be a good trade chips for the Nets if they re-sign Williams and sign Howard.

NoahH
03-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Deron Williams will stay regardless because that's where D12 is going

Supa
03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Some would suspect that the 1st pick might just go to New Orleans ...

---

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 02:15 PM
It's still sad people think Stern rigs the draft.

Everyone's theories about the draft being rigged aren't even consistant.

Outside last year, no one has predicted who'd win the draft and given a great reason about it.

ManRam
03-01-2012, 02:20 PM
It's still sad people think Stern rigs the draft.

Everyone's theories about the draft being rigged aren't even consistant.

Outside last year, no one has predicted who'd win the draft and given a great reason about it.

Yeah, it amazes me too. But conspiracy theorists run rampant. It's sad, but oh well. The NBA isn't immune to them either.

The lottery conspiracies are incredibly inconsistent, and every team has a representative there at the drawing, so how the hell could it be rigged? Why would the other teams not benefiting allow it?

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah, it amazes me too. But conspiracy theorists run rampant. It's sad, but oh well. The NBA isn't immune to them either.

The lottery conspiracies are incredibly inconsistent, and every team has a representative there at the drawing, so how the hell could it be rigged? Why would the other teams not benefiting allow it?

Agreed Bottom line is charlotte(who most likley will have the worst record) will have the best chance at the first pick. Based on the past, that doesn't always work that way but worst team will have the best odds at 25%

GrkGawdofWalkz
03-01-2012, 03:37 PM

Anthony Davis as a skinny rookie has more value than Bargnani. Laughs. Davis with Dwight, Brooks, DWill and Morrow gives them a definite upper tier team in the East. Realistically at least the 4 to 5 bar minimum.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Anthony Davis as a skinny rookie has more value than Bargnani. Laughs. Davis with Dwight, Brooks, DWill and Morrow gives them a definite upper tier team in the East. Realistically at least the 4 to 5 bar minimum.

dwill
deshawn
brooks
davis
howard

imo is a top 3 team in the east. that would be a nasty nasty team.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM

Bargnani and Derozan isn't good enough for a team wanting to compete now?

I realize the deal is favoured to the Raptors.

But a team of

C-Howard
PF-Bargnani
SF-AK47(Use MLE. Russian connections)
SG-Derozan
PG-Williams

is pretty good to compete right now.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 03:48 PM

It's amazing even people like David Kahn thinks it's rigged.

He could have very well been in that room and at the end, he decided to represent the team in the draft meaning he couldn't be in the room.

wmudford
03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Chew on this.. What if they just get a top 3 seed and pick Harrison Barnes. Then sign Dwight.

Deron Williams
Marshon Brookes
Harrison Barnes
Brooke Lopez
Dwight Howard

That's potentially 5 all-star caliber players on 1 team. Look out Miami

beardown4243
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Chew on this.. What if they just get a top 3 seed and pick Harrison Barnes. Then sign Dwight.

Deron Williams
Marshon Brookes
Harrison Barnes
Brooke Lopez
Dwight Howard

Barnes would be a perfect fit if they sign DH.

netsgiantsyanks
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM

remember the 12-70 nets? yeah, even they didn't get the first pick.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM

Deron Williams
Marshon Brookes
Harrison Barnes
Brooke Lopez
Dwight Howard

Nets fans can only hope. That team would be sick with the new twin towers. The only problem I see with that team and it's a minor one is defensively. Stretch 4's would give Lopez trouble but so would he on offense.

All they have to do is play a matchup zone with Dwight and Lopez clogging the paint and force jumpers and that's a tough team especially come playoff time when things slow down.

Lake_Show2416
03-01-2012, 06:18 PM
No 1 would even give a lottery pick for Bargnani & his horrible contract, overrate much

in 1 of the strongest draft classes u want the #1 pick??? :laugh2:

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 06:27 PM
No 1 would even give a lottery pick for Bargnani & his horrible contract, overrate much

in 1 of the strongest draft classes u want the #1 pick??? :laugh2:

Bargnani, Derozan and Davis not good enough for the 1st overall pick?

Bargnani complements Howard well and Derozan and Davis have potential.

I never said it was a fair deal. I even said that it favoured the Raptors.

I said it was a deal that could give them immediate success alongside Howard and Deron.

:rolleyes:

And my original post didn't even have 1st overall. I said 1st ROUND pick.

JB0B0
03-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't think Bargnani, DeRozan, and Davis is enough to land the #1 pick. Davis has superstar potential; the aforementioned players do not. I would take my chances

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't think Bargnani, DeRozan, and Davis is enough to land the #1 pick. Davis has superstar potential; the aforementioned players do not. I would take my chances

Like I said before, that offer was in the sense that the Magic want to win now.

They'd have to wait a couple of years for Davis to be a star.

With Derozan, Bargnani and Ed Davis, they'd have 3 solid and capable starters(though Davis/Bargnani would be off the bench) alongside 2 stars.