PDA

View Full Version : Report: Dwight prefers to sign with the nets in the offseason

nyfinest4life
02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Report: Howard Prefers To Sign With Nets Outright In Summer
Feb 29, 2012 6:36 PM EST

The reportedly preference for Dwight Howard is to sign with the Nets in the offseason as a free agent, which would allow the franchise to retain the assets they do have.

Howard is enthused about teaming up with Deron Williams and he could likely receive a more lucrative adidas extension in Brooklyn.

The Magic haven't given up on keeping Howard and are interested in a trade for either Steve Nash or Monta Ellis, but both possibilities are remote.

Via Chris Broussard/ESPN

that would be a smart move by howard. he knows he can make the money he would lose by doing endorsements. the nets can trade lopez in the offseason for a real good wing player and they would have a lottery pick and still keep brooks. the nets may become a powerhouse in the nba

justinnum1
02-29-2012, 09:24 PM
smart man. saw how the melo thing turned out

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 09:26 PM
This guy is worse than Lebron.

He's not even giving his team a chance and is blatantly going to the media to say he's leaving.

At least Cleveland had a chance with Lebron if they won the title but too bad they lost. But this douche already made up his mind to go to Brooklyn.

arkanian215
02-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Broussard knows nothing. BS. Also Raps... yes, only if D12 puts up an hour special to rub it in the face of Magic fans.

Lakeshow24KB
02-29-2012, 09:30 PM

He's not even giving his team a chance and is blatantly going to the media to say he's leaving.

At least Cleveland had a chance with Lebron if they won the title but too bad they lost. But this douche already made up his mind to go to Brooklyn.

Exactly. At least give your team a chance to get something back in return.

shen
02-29-2012, 09:30 PM
I have more respect for Dwight for his handling. I mean he is not giving the Magic false hope or making people wait. The owner has not been willing to trade him because he believes he can convince Dwight to stay. Dwight is sayin sorry but I am not staying. If anything this makes the owner look bad.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 09:32 PM
I have more respect for Dwight for his handling. I mean he is not giving the Magic false hope or making people wait. The owner has not been willing to trade him because he believes he can convince Dwight to stay. Dwight is sayin sorry but I am not staying. If anything this makes the owner look bad.

:laugh2:

Are you serious?

He's a lot worse than any of the big stars leaving their team. He's not giving his team a chance to trade him.

Who gave their team false hope?

How does this make the owners look bad?

Robbw241
02-29-2012, 09:32 PM
D12 did give his team a chance to get something back in return in December, they chose to take their chances. I doubt this is true though.

netsgiantsyanks
02-29-2012, 09:34 PM
"puts away the nets homerism"

at least he's being honest and saying that he will be leaving. gives otis ample time to get assets for him because honestly, the player doesn't really have a say in where he wants to go unless he has a no-trade clause.

shen
He has given them a chance and they have said no thanks. That is not his fault, that is on the owner.

Raps18-19 Champ
Broussard knows nothing. BS. Also Raps... yes, only if D12 puts up an hour special to rub it in the face of Magic fans.

Because going to the media and blatantly saying "I'm leaving and I'm doing it in a way that the Magic can't get anything in return" is any better? :rolleyes:

Shmontaine
02-29-2012, 09:35 PM

yes and no...

yes, this is worse than the lebron fiasco...

no, lebron never gave his cle a chance....

waveycrockett
02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Oh Boy Cuban is pissssed

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 09:36 PM
He has given them a chance and they have said no thanks. That is not his fault, that is on the owner.

That's the most hypocritical thing I've seen on this site.

All the teams that lost their star had their chances. Lebron and Bosh said they would have stayed had they actually won or done something great in the playoffs. Yet they get all the blame because of the crappy organization.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 09:37 PM

at least he's being honest and saying that he will be leaving. gives otis ample time to get assets for him because honestly, the player doesn't really have a say in where he wants to go unless he has a no-trade clause.

No one will trade for him now because the Nets know that they can get him for pretty much free and other teams wont rent him.

shen
02-29-2012, 09:39 PM
I never blamed Bosh for leaving the Raptors. I never blamed Lebron for leaving the cavs, I did blame Lebron for his handling. Dwight however has done the right thing. He said he was not coming back and gave them a chance to make a trade. The owner decided to stick his head in the sand and pretend he has a chance.

OC Knights #11
Howard is a LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He tought Orlando was bad....just wait Dwight. He just another of many NBA players who have **** for brains? Why? Did he graduate college? Nope. Dipshit.

Raps18-19 Champ
yes and no...

yes, this is worse than the lebron fiasco...

no, lebron never gave his cle a chance....

Really?

If the Cavs won, why would Lebron leave?

He said himself the reason he left was for a better chance to win. If he won before 2010, there was a lesser chance of him leaving.

It's not like he planned to lose just so he can leave. And if any idiot on this site thinks he lost on purpose, they need to be banned.

netsgiantsyanks
you have a point there...

shen
02-29-2012, 09:40 PM
No one will trade for him now because the Nets know that they can get him for pretty much free and other teams wont rent him.

The Warriors know what Dwight wants to do and are still willing to trade.

KJ21.the.truth
Not buying anything til he says it himself or it happens, sorry Im a homer lol.

justinnum1
if lebron won the ring in 2010. no way he leaves cle

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I never blamed Bosh for leaving the Raptors. I never blamed Lebron for leaving the cavs, I did blame Lebron for his handling. Dwight however has done the right thing. He said he was not coming back and gave them a chance to make a trade. The owner decided to stick his head in the sand and pretend he has a chance.

Lebron had "The Decision". That's it.

This guy is basically doing something worse. Going to the media, saying that the Magic don't have a chance to sign him and saying that the Magic will be left with nothing in return. All while under contract.

At least Lebron made his decisions after he lost and he was a FA. Howard saying that basically tells the Magic fans that he won't even try anymore.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 09:44 PM
The Warriors know what Dwight wants to do and are still willing to trade.

That was before he said that he'd sign with the Nets. The Warriors wouldn't even touch this guy anymore. They've already moved on to players like McGee and Rondo.

arkanian215
02-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Because going to the media and blatantly saying "I'm leaving and I'm doing it in a way that the Magic can't get anything in return" is any better? :rolleyes:

They had a choice to move him earlier in the season. Otis signed off, ownership vetoed. There's still a ton of value they can get back, even with his so called list. You don't think a top 5 lotto pick this summer is nothing in return? If the Magic look to hold on to him to try to convince him to stay and he chooses to leave, that's on them.

LTBaByyy
02-29-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't see why Magic don't trade him with Nelson for Bynum and Gasol after him saying this

lvlheaded
02-29-2012, 09:45 PM
A team hoping to make a title run would trade for Dwight and hope that they can convince him to stay. All this does, is kill any return the Magic can get. At least Melo allowed the Nuggets to gain some leverage. Dwight has totally killed the magics chances of getting a good return

Robbw241
02-29-2012, 09:48 PM
I don't see why Magic don't trade him with Nelson for Bynum and Gasol after him saying this

His agent apparently told the Lakers he wouldn't sign an extension.

Raps18-19 Champ
They had a choice to move him earlier in the season. Otis signed off, ownership vetoed. There's still a ton of value they can get back, even with his so called list. You don't think a top 5 lotto pick this summer is nothing in return? If the Magic look to hold on to him to try to convince him to stay and he chooses to leave, that's on them.

Can you not read?

He just said, according to the article, that he's already made up his mind that he wants the Nets.

That means no teams outside the Nets will trade for him because they know that he already made his mind about leaving to the Nets. And the Nets won't trade for him because they know that he'll sign in the offseason.

The fact that you say it isn't his fault that he's basically cornering the Magic organization is complete dumbassery.

waveycrockett

umm because Lakers aren't putting Bynum and Gasol on the table without a commitment from D12 which he wont give.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 09:50 PM

Thank you.

Some people are whack for saying Lebron planned to leave before hand.

He left to win a title. If he won a title in Cleveland, why would he win?

arkanian215
02-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Can you not read?

He just said, according to the article, that he's already made up his mind that he wants the Nets.

That means no teams outside the Nets will trade for him because they know that he already made his mind about leaving to the Nets. And the Nets won't trade for him because they know that he'll sign in the offseason.

The fact that you say it isn't his fault that he's basically cornering the Magic organization is complete dumbassery.

Read my first post. I said Broussard knows nothing meaning this article is BS.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Read my first post. I said Broussard knows nothing meaning this article is BS.

And that's your opinion that you think this article is BS.

I actually think it's very unlikely that he said this meaning I agree at the fact that the article is BS.

But I give the benefit of the doubt. And in this scenario, everything I've said about Howard being worse in every sense holds true.

Robbw241
02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Just because Brou writes something doesn't make it true, wake up people.

arkanian215
02-29-2012, 09:55 PM
And that's your opinion that you think this article is BS.

I actually think it's very unlikely that he said this meaning I agree at the fact that the article is BS.

But I give the benefit of the doubt. And in this scenario, everything I've said about Howard being worse in every sense holds true.

Why would you think this article has any credibility. I don't trust anything unless an agent says it or it comes from the horses mouth. How often are any of these hype writers right? Barely ever. They're good for ***** and giggles. These clowns are a step above bleacher report but that doesn't mean much.

nyfinest4life
02-29-2012, 09:56 PM
yea i agree. broussard knows more than you do.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Why would you think this article has any credibility. I don't trust anything unless an agent says it or it comes from the horses mouth. How often are any of these hype writers right? Barely ever. They're good for ***** and giggles. These clowns are a step above bleacher report but that doesn't mean much.

I just said that I doubt this article holds true.

I also just I always give the benefit of the doubt and everything said was in the sense the article is true.

jmoney85
02-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I usually question broussards credibility but a lot of stuff has been leaking lately about dwight

MTL_123
02-29-2012, 09:58 PM
A team hoping to make a title run would trade for Dwight and hope that they can convince him to stay. All this does, is kill any return the Magic can get. At least Melo allowed the Nuggets to gain some leverage. Dwight has totally killed the magics chances of getting a good return

How did melo give the nuggets leverage the nuggets wanted to trade him to New Jersey but melo said the only team hes gonna sign an extention with is the knicks how is that giving leverage

THE MTL
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
How is his preference to sign in the offseason when he requested a trade?

Robbw241
02-29-2012, 10:00 PM
I just said that I doubt this article holds true.

I also just I always give the benefit of the doubt and everything said was in the sense the article is true.

So basically, you know this is BS but you're going to pretend it's true just so you can bash D12? Do I have this correct, if not please elaborate.

Metsboi69
02-29-2012, 10:00 PM
When theres smoke theres fire? IMO I think theres about 50/50 they move him and if they do I can't see a team other then the Nets take the risk. It seems Dwight and his agent Feign have been orchestrating this from the start.

Avenged
02-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow, if this is true...

It's going to be really difficult to trade Dwight now IF it's true since nobody will let go of their top talent to get a few months rental.

NJ doesn't even have to do anything but stand pat until the off-season. The only thing that can save the Magic is a championship, and I find that unlikely.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 10:01 PM
So basically, you know this is BS but you're going to pretend it's true just so you can bash D12? Do I have this correct, if not please elaborate.

No. I said my opinion is that it's incorrect(However, I don't KNOW that it's true). And since I'm not certain that it's false, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Clear enough for you?

boolish
02-29-2012, 10:02 PM
his agent is planting this story so they will trade him.

Metsboi69
02-29-2012, 10:03 PM
his agent is planting this story so they will trade him.

I really think his agent really has been orchestrating this since the end of the lockout.

Supa
02-29-2012, 10:04 PM
If Howard is leaving only for New Jersey, Orlando might only get half season rental worth of trade return.

Maybe New York can deal for him with Carmelo or Amare package if it's Big Apple he wants.

---

Robbw241
Now Broussard is saying Magic are trying to get Ellis to pair with dwight lol.

JJ_JKidd
Report: Howard Prefers To Sign With Nets Outright In Summer
Feb 29, 2012 6:36 PM EST

The reportedly preference for Dwight Howard is to sign with the Nets in the offseason as a free agent, which would allow the franchise to retain the assets they do have.

Howard is enthused about teaming up with Deron Williams and he could likely receive a more lucrative adidas extension in Brooklyn.

The Magic haven't given up on keeping Howard and are interested in a trade for either Steve Nash or Monta Ellis, but both possibilities are remote.

Via Chris Broussard/ESPN

that would be a smart move by howard. he knows he can make the money he would lose by doing endorsements. the nets can trade lopez in the offseason for a real good wing player and they would have a lottery pick and still keep brooks. the nets may become a powerhouse in the nba

Lol is he that SURE Deron is gonna stay?

MTL_123
02-29-2012, 10:05 PM
damn If this is true Nets are gonna be dirty team nxt year a high pick, D-will and D-12 while keeping brook lopez

gotoHcarolina52
02-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Now Broussard is saying Magic are trying to get Ellis to pair with dwight lol.

Yeap

@Chris_Broussard

Orl has reached out to G State bout trading for Monte Ellis. No deal imminent, but Orl hoping to add Ellis to appease D Howard, sources say

kntresistheheat
02-29-2012, 10:10 PM
I thought I heard, If he gets traded and signs an extentension with the new team he makes more money? If he sign as a free agent he would lose a ton of money?

gotoHcarolina52
02-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏ (@MisterRudolph)

Sources confirm the Magic and Warriors are discussing a trade that would send Monta Ellis to Orlando. Nothing is imminent but talks ongoing

BTW, love the sig, kntresistheheat

Metsboi69
02-29-2012, 10:16 PM

This Jarrod Rudolph is an idiot.

Supa
02-29-2012, 10:18 PM
I thought I heard, If he gets traded and signs an extentension with the new team he makes more money? If he sign as a free agent he would lose a ton of money?

Nothing you can't make up with big endorsements in Big Apple.

---

C_Mund
02-29-2012, 10:22 PM

...but who's going to trade anything of substance for him knowing that he's going to the Nets as a FA? I could maybe see the Mavs renting him (Cuban probably knows that's his only chance to repeat) and that's about it.

justinnum1
02-29-2012, 10:26 PM

I think he gets more money signing a new deal than getting extended

cle12152433
02-29-2012, 10:27 PM
I was going to say something, but I didnt want to open up a big debate. I have been a member of this forum long enough to know what starts conflict and what doesnt. So I will keep my mouth shut on that aspect.

Long story short, its a shame that a player with that type of calibur cares more about money and market than actually winning championships.

netsgiantsyanks
02-29-2012, 10:32 PM
there's a chance though that the mavericks pull a crazy move and sign both dwight and deron. the nets are being very cautious.

Avenged
02-29-2012, 10:33 PM

What do the Magic have to offer for Ellis tough? Anderson? Draft picks?

Burkey3472
02-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Dwight should really just shut his damn mouth.

King P
02-29-2012, 10:50 PM
How did melo give the nuggets leverage the nuggets wanted to trade him to New Jersey but melo said the only team hes gonna sign an extention with is the knicks how is that giving leverage
Eh, the Nuggets did have leverage.

Denver knew all along that Melo want NY. But they effectively used NJ to scare NY into giving up more assets due to fear that he would go to the Nets.

shep33
02-29-2012, 10:54 PM
So he's essentially screwed the Magic.

Noday
02-29-2012, 10:56 PM

Are you serious?

He's a lot worse than any of the big stars leaving their team. He's not giving his team a chance to trade him.

Are you serious??? Lebron lead them on like they had a chance when he really wanted to play with his buddies that all wanted Miami, remember? He broke up with Cleveland in public on a cheap tv show, remember? Cleveland was his hometown team that he was a fan of since childhood, remember?

still1ballin
02-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Just leave already. He is so annoying

shep33
02-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Feel bad for Orlando. This guy has told them I'm leaving... going to this one franchise, so you can't trade me anywhere and get anything back for me.

Dwight is a complete ****

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Gotta love how the new CBA couldn't address the Melo and Howard situations in some format.

ink
02-29-2012, 11:12 PM

Agreed.

ink
02-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Gotta love how the new CBA couldn't address the Melo and Howard situations in some format.

Everyone should realize that the lockout was a complete failure in every way. Nothing was accomplished at all.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Everyone should realize that the lockout was a complete failure in every way. Nothing was accomplished at all.

Well, they anally rapped the Lakers pretty well with the changes to the luxury tax penalties, which is what the small market owners ultimately wanted.

Noday
02-29-2012, 11:14 PM
I was going to say something, but I didnt want to open up a big debate. I have been a member of this forum long enough to know what starts conflict and what doesnt. So I will keep my mouth shut on that aspect.

Long story short, its a shame that a player with that type of calibur cares more about money and market than actually winning championships.

With getting less money than he would get in a sign and trade he would be teaming up with DW, Brooks, Humphries, a lottery pick and a healthy BL or a starting 3 that the Nets would get for BL. I truly think he does have Championships on his mind.

SportsAndrew25
02-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Just a dick move by Dwight to leave Orlando with nothing. Wow. Like some posters pointed out earlier, he is worse than Lebron because he is not even considering Orlando.

celmxc
02-29-2012, 11:32 PM
... i disagree ... the smart move for Howard is to go to a franchise that make the right moves to produce a championship team... Dallas, or Lakers, etc.. IMO he can make money anywhere he goes, but only few teams can get him a ring

celmxc
02-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Thank you.

Some people are whack for saying Lebron planned to leave before hand.

He left to win a title. If he won a title in Cleveland, why would he win?

I think he still would have left Cleveland to be with Wade

Hugbees
02-29-2012, 11:53 PM
I don't understand why people are suddenly giving credence to Broussard's rumors. Remember how wrong he was during the entire Lebron fiasco? Why does this guy seem to not lose credibility? Hell, he may be right, but his track record is abysmal. He shouldn't be taken seriously until then.

29$JerZ
02-29-2012, 11:56 PM

First 2 things I thought of

BallIsAll
03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Exactly. At least give your team a chance to get something back in return.

He did in the beginning of the season. The magic are acting like the girlfriend who just won't give up

tr3ymill3r
03-01-2012, 12:31 AM
I wish there would be a special for every FA, so that each player can announce where they are taking their talents next season. I, Hasheem Thabeet am taking my talents to the D-League.

Pistol_Pete
03-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Talking about letting the team get something in return, the Magic apparently had a deal and chose not to take it in December (as tons of people said already). We've also heard that teams like Golden State and other (Dallas or Houston I think?) were interested in trading and taking the chance that he leaves. In the end, this is a business. It's not Dwights job to manage the team, it's his job to look out for himself. Honestly, if he wants to go to the Nets, it's in his best interest for them not to trade any players getting him.

With that said, this is a Broussard rumor, so we have to take that as it is. Plus, it's looking like Deron wants to go to Dallas (though with Dwight and a potential top pick he might change his mind), so it's still in the Nets' best interest to trade for Dwight to make sure Deron stays.

But...if he does sign in the off season, and Deron stays, the Nets could be ridiculous. I don't see them keeping Brook and having a twin towers type thing, they'd likely trade him for another piece, and probably a good one. Lots of potential here.

Sadds The Gr8
03-01-2012, 03:35 AM
As much as people want to hate him (I do too), it's his decision and he can do w/e the **** he wants. He owes nobody anything, just like Lechoke owed the Cavs fans nothing.

MagicBucsSox
03-01-2012, 03:52 AM
It's no way he'd refuse a S&t still. Say what u will about endorsements but 30mill is 30mill. No way he's not gonna sign & trade. No way. Orlando will get stuff for him regardless

3mikee_
03-01-2012, 03:54 AM
It makes sense.. if your going to end up with the team why not just sign there in the offseason it's not like either teams are going anywhere this season.

naps
03-01-2012, 04:44 AM
It's no way he'd refuse a S&t still. Say what u will about endorsements but 30mill is 30mill. No way he's not gonna sign & trade. No way. Orlando will get stuff for him regardless

I agree but if Adidas badly wants him to be in Brooklyn then Dwight might say "Well if I go there through a trade then that team won't have anything beside me and Deron and we won't contend...So let me go there as a FA that way we can have a 'Deron-Brooks-??-Lopez-Dwight' lineup with a serviceable bench...I want to win." Adidas can make it a lot interesting for Dwight. In that case, they might just say "Ok, we are gonna make up for that 30 million." I am not saying it's gonna happen but it's still a possibility. With Dwight they will have the biggest market in the country covered. It really is a big deal from Adidas's standpoint.

AddiX
03-01-2012, 04:51 AM
I feel bad for Orlando, there legacy is that they lost the two best centers of there time.

Dwights, and shaqs come around once every 10 years. It has to kill there fans to have to see both of them go.

Come to think of it, are there Orlando fans even on psd, don't recall seeing any, ever...

Aust
03-01-2012, 05:46 AM
IMO this is a good thing. Now the Magic have an idea where his head is at, and hopefully won't risk keeping him.

Chronz
03-01-2012, 06:58 AM

Gotta love how easy it is to complain about something you have no solution for.

YoungOne
03-01-2012, 07:55 AM
lopez howard pairing would be awesome

t2a2e9j12
03-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Gotta love how easy it is to complain about something you have no solution for.

Not our job to have a solutionn for it if the owners and players are so short sighted that they cant see how they are destroying there own league. Then what are fans going to do short of stop supporting teams and players.

This is just another example of spoiled athletes trying to get what they want before they are do for it. He signed a contract shut up and play it till the end and then make the desicion best for your career. There should be a system in place where the talent is spread out more or contract to a few super teams cause this crap is bs and is killing the product slowly.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Are you serious??? Lebron lead them on like they had a chance when he really wanted to play with his buddies that all wanted Miami, remember? He broke up with Cleveland in public on a cheap tv show, remember? Cleveland was his hometown team that he was a fan of since childhood, remember?

Do you really think he would have left if he won a title?

Because that's the reason he left. To have a better chance at the title.

Why would he leave if he won in Cleveland?

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 08:46 AM
I think he still would have left Cleveland to be with Wade

That's arguable.

But it's rare to see superstars leave their team right after they win a title.

If he won, why would he leave?

He left because he wanted to win. If he won in Cleveland, he might not have left.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 08:47 AM
As much as people want to hate him (I do too), it's his decision and he can do w/e the **** he wants. He owes nobody anything, just like Lechoke owed the Cavs fans nothing.

To be fair, he is still under contract and he's basically cornering them this way.

oak2455
03-01-2012, 09:01 AM
It's probably one if the only sport where you hear guys saying what team there going to before FA .... Takes the fun out of it... This is why the NBA will always have many issues.....

benzni
03-01-2012, 09:20 AM

thats a good thing. Lebron left Cleveland and Cleveland got nothing. Dwight basically wanting a trade means Orlando can get something for him

MagicHero3
03-01-2012, 09:36 AM
the magic should smack him in the face by trading him to the Nets while gutting their team to do so. I dont see any dwight quotes though, only speculation by a reporter.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 09:40 AM

Are you serious?

What are you people talking about Dwight is giving the Magic every opportunity to trade him. Before the season they could of landed Lopez, Brooks, Hump, and 3 picks and still probably could but yet they're holding onto this Ellis or Nash pipe dream. They also could of dumped Hedo and DuDu.

It's the Magic owners fault cause Otis had the deal in place. Dwight has basically said trade me to Brooklyn or get nothing yet the Magic still think they can convince him to stay.

If he leaves for nothing the Magic have nobody to blame but themselves, not Dwight.

I don't blame Dwight for wanting to sign in Brooklyn the list is endless of the benefits Brooklyn has to offer from the NY market, to the Global image Prokorov is trying to build, to him being the face of the franchise, to having a solid team good enough to contend.

The best way to win and still get all the off the court perks is to sign in the offseason. Dwight's not dumb he knows what he's doing.

MagicHero3
03-01-2012, 09:48 AM
blame Otis then fire Otis.

Rich devos, who i understand is old and dying bc hes like 90, has become delusional. He has no intention on "rebuilding" he wants to win now bc hes gonna be dead soon. Its sad, but its selfish on his part too. Only thinking about himself. Sometimes, i hate old people.

DoMeFavors
03-01-2012, 09:54 AM

Rich devos, who i understand is old and dying bc hes like 90, has become delusional. He has no intention on "rebuilding" he wants to win now bc hes gonna be dead soon. Its sad, but its selfish on his part too. Only thinking about himself. Sometimes, i hate old people.

Just become a Net fan after Dwight is a Net, there will be so many bandwagon fans who will want to be fans of the best team in the league so join up now.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 09:54 AM

I'd blame Otis for not putting a good enough team around Dwight like the Arenas trade and so on. This whole Dwight fiasco is placed directly on the owner.

The Nets offer before the season would have been a huge step in the rebuilding process for Orlando. Lopez picks and shedding all that salary would have been a great start but the owner shot it down, now it looks as though they'll be stuck with nothing.

Daunter
03-01-2012, 09:56 AM

Well Duh if you win you stay

lvlheaded
03-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Im sick of Dwight now. I hope they trade him to a **** team for whatever they can get so he has to sit through hell for the rest of the season. You dont come out and do this, you let your team use other teams for a little leverage so they at least get something back for you. Im over this, just trade him to the Nets and get it over with so we can stop hearing about him haha

oak2455
03-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Just become a Net fan after Dwight is a Net, there will be so many bandwagon fans who will want to be fans of the best team in the league so join up now.

Your gonna need as many as you can get:D

Geovanni
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
DuDu, Love it, he is that. I just don't understand why SVG doesn't see that.

If I was the DeVos and wanted to keep Dwight. I would have dumped Otis, and I would have looked for a better coach. SVG is a good coach, but if Dwight has a problem with him then make the big man happy. I say SVG is a good coach because he is proven he can get to the finals as top 5 in East for the past few years. He is not a great coach because he get's out coached during the finals. I believe Dwight sees that he will not win a championship with SVG as coach.

I believe DeVos wants a championship before his number expires. With that said the Magic most likely will make a trade (sacrifice Anderson) to get another star for this season and gamble on losing Dwight to FA. If the Magic don't win a championship then they will be forced to rebuild with the salary cap wide open. This will take some years as the Magic don't have a 2nd rnd pick in '13/'14. The magic could exchange their '12 picks for '13/'14 to other teams.

I just wish this could be settled so the Magic can get back to playing some serious bball.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 10:23 AM
To be fair to Dwight, he's not doing all this talking it's the media. He's basically just winning games right now and hasn't really said anything recently.

This is why the NBA is so terrible. These writers just put their fingers to the keyboard with no actually knowledge and now a once likable guy is now hated.

Dwight made a trade request like 1,000's of guys before him this is nothing knew but just cause he's a star everyone has to make a big deal about it. These guys have to talk to the media, what was he gonna do not say anything this whole year? All he's done is make these boring basic answers (like every other smart person would) when the media asks him about BOS or CHI or wherever. Next thing you know an article comes out about him wanting to go there or to play with this guy he talked nice about or something and all the fans not attached to the story get butt hurt.

The guy has been in Orlando for 7 or 8 years now and wants to move on, he's allowed. He made it clear he's leaving in FA and told his team in advance to trade him so they aren't left with nothing.

The guys done nothing wrong so everyone needs to quit the *****ing and crying, you're more annoying then the media.

P Styles
03-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah agree with the Media making these guys look like villains half the time.

Can't deny that the writing is on the wall though and the Magic should try to move him and get everything they can before they lose him for nothing.

Nets will be STACKED. Congrats to their fans if this actually happens.

Greet
03-01-2012, 10:33 AM
That's the smart thing to do. He would instantly make the Nets the third best team in the east if he went via FA.

P Styles
03-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Wish Melo wouldve come to the Knicks via free agency

D12 fan
03-01-2012, 10:48 AM
If the Magic let Dwight walk via FA,they are basically making another superteam.

Dwill,Lopez,top 5 pick,Brooks,Humphries,+Dwight=top 3 team

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 10:56 AM
thats a good thing. Lebron left Cleveland and Cleveland got nothing. Dwight basically wanting a trade means Orlando can get something for him

Are you not reading the article?

It just said that he'd rather sign outright.

Meaning the Magic have to trade with the Nets since no other team would trade for him knowing Howard will just leave for the Nets.

And the Nets wont trade for him knowing they don;t have to give up any pieces since they can get him in the offseason anyways.

Where's the opportunity for the Magic to get something?

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 11:00 AM
What are you people talking about Dwight is giving the Magic every opportunity to trade him. Before the season they could of landed Lopez, Brooks, Hump, and 3 picks and still probably could but yet they're holding onto this Ellis or Nash pipe dream. They also could of dumped Hedo and DuDu.

Meaning the Magic have to trade with the Nets since no other team would trade for him knowing Howard will just leave for the Nets.

And the Nets wont trade for him knowing they don;t have to give up any pieces since they can get him in the offseason anyways.

It's the Magic owners fault cause Otis had the deal in place. Dwight has basically said trade me to Brooklyn or get nothing yet the Magic still think they can convince him to stay.

If he leaves for nothing the Magic have nobody to blame but themselves, not Dwight.

Clearly you don't understand. By saying that he'll just sign outright, he's basically made the Magic a sitting duck. If they want to trade him now, they can't because Howard.

I never said anything about the Magic wanting him to stay. I said if they want to trade him now, which they probably would have, they can't.

Punk
03-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Not saying the article isn't true but this could be a way to get a trade to happen. If he says he wants to sign outright, the Magic will then look to trade him at the deadline for something back (Lopez, Brooks).

Sounds to me like he's trying to avoid staying with that team as much as possible.

Wish Melo wouldve come to the Knicks via free agency

He only demanded a trade to avoid the lockout. He wanted to come as a free agent originally.

ambisme56
03-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Nets win the lottery. Trade Lopez and HOU 1st Rd Pick for a 7-10 pick.

PG: D-will, Kidd
SG: Brooks, Morrow
SF: Perry Jones
PF: Davis, KG
C: Howard

Assuming the Nets pick around 5. Nets could also trade Lopez and HOU pick for Jones.

PG: D-will, Kidd
SG: Brooks, Morrow
SF: MKG,
PF:Lopez/Jones, Hump/KG
C: Howard

MagicHero3
03-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Clearly you don't understand. By saying that he'll just sign outright, he's basically made the Magic a sitting duck. If they want to trade him now, they can't because Howard.

I never said anything about the Magic wanting him to stay. I said if they want to trade him now, which they probably would have, they can't.

they can trade him. its not dwight's decision. If the Nets dont want to do a trade (which is BS, they would still do it), than the Magic will trade him somehwere else and the Nets might not end up getting him at all.

if the magic dont trade him at all, or dont make ANY trades by the deadline... Devos and Otis will be known as the worst GM-Owner combo in the history of sports

lvlheaded
03-01-2012, 11:56 AM
People realize that Hump is a FA this offseason right? And he is having another very solid year, meaning more likely than not, he is gonna want a pretty big deal. After giving Dwight and D-Will MAX deals, more likely than not they are gonna let Hump walk and hang on to Lopez to play PF. Personally, id rather have Hump than Lopez, but thats just me.

That said, adding Dwight is great, but thinking that adding Dwight is gonna take the Nets from 11 wins to the 3rd best team in the east in one shot is probably unlikely. There is a reason they only have 11 wins right now, outside of D-Will, Brooks, Hump, and Lopez, their roster is trash. Even adding Dwight and a lottery pick wont make them a top 3 seed in one shot.

Meatmypet
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM

You're not making any sense. Howard can't win with anything he does lol.

Because If this is true, that means howard is honoring his contract by finishing it up... Whereas I he was to be traded, he would be a villain for trying to force his way out.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 12:00 PM

No I actually didn't read the article because I don't believe a word that comes out of Broussard's mouth. Is there a quote from Dwight saying this or just his sources? If no quote then I don't believe it. I do think Dwight wants Brooklyn and he's a bright guy knowing that by signing as a FA he will also get a complete team and not just him a Deron minus NJ other assets. So while I don't believe Broussard I do think Dwight is smart enough to see this is the best for him on and off the court.

It's still the Magic's fault when it all said and done cause Otis had the trade lined up in the preseason and the owner vetoed it. If they now lose him for nothing then it's their own fault.

I still think NJ would do a trade possibly but don't expect the one they offer in preseason. It'll be a worse one with Lopez/expiring/Picks for Howard. Brooks is probably now off the table and so might be them taking back Hedo.

I feel for Magic fans cause the Nets offered a real solid deal in the preseason that would have jump started a nice rebuild and ownership blew it.

The Final Boss
03-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Lol @ using Brousard as a "source".

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 12:07 PM
People realize that Hump is a FA this offseason right? And he is having another very solid year, meaning more likely than not, he is gonna want a pretty big deal. After giving Dwight and D-Will MAX deals, more likely than not they are gonna let Hump walk and hang on to Lopez to play PF. Personally, id rather have Hump than Lopez, but thats just me.

That said, adding Dwight is great, but thinking that adding Dwight is gonna take the Nets from 11 wins to the 3rd best team in the east in one shot is probably unlikely. There is a reason they only have 11 wins right now, outside of D-Will, Brooks, Hump, and Lopez, their roster is trash. Even adding Dwight and a lottery pick wont make them a top 3 seed in one shot.

Yes if they sign Dwight Hump is gone. Lopez will get his chance to play PF next to Dwight and if it doesn't work then he's gone (for Josh Smith I predict).

You have no idea what their roster will look like so just stop with the they're trash stuff. MIA and NYK and CHI all signed vets to min deals and so will the Nets to solidify their bench. A starting 5 of D-Will, Brooks, top 5 pick, Smith or Lopez, and Dwight are contenders and anyone says other wise is just kidding themselves. Kidd already said he'd come, they still have Morrow, they can add a vet big like KG off the bench, so many things can happen so just stop.

HouRealCoach
03-01-2012, 12:09 PM
They should have built a championship core around him

Chill_Will_24
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
they can trade him. its not dwight's decision. If the Nets dont want to do a trade (which is BS, they would still do it), than the Magic will trade him somehwere else and the Nets might not end up getting him at all.

if the magic dont trade him at all, or dont make ANY trades by the deadline... Devos and Otis will be known as the worst GM-Owner combo in the history of sports

:laugh2: Which team is gonna give up assets for a few months of Dwight?

Better yet, which of those teams would be a threat of keeping him?

The Lakers are already reportedly out becase they dont wanna take the risk and we all know he wont resign in Golden State... ORL tied their own hands... AGAIN... by not working with Dwight on his trade request and basically holding him hostage.

They could try and keep him at which point he would just walk to the Nets for free :shrug:

The Magic better get Lopez and MarShon Brooks right now while they can

aztr0
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
How did Howard not give his team the chance? He has already gone to the GM about his situation. And the Magic want to play with fire by trying to keep him and convince him to stay. If the Magic want to gamble in the off season, that's their fault if they get burned. D12 saw what happened to the Knicks when the Melo trade happened. The whole team was gutted. It is a smart move if he really is thinking of signing outright with the Nets, as the Nets would be able to retain their assets that they would otherwise have traded for him.

P Styles
03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
He only demanded a trade to avoid the lockout. He wanted to come as a free agent originally.

I know, I watched it unfold too lol.

However.... I still wish he wouldve come to the Knicks as a free agent. I think it's a fair thing to wish lol.

To stay on topic with the thread though, Magic need to get some talent for this guy or it will set their franchise back years.

lvlheaded
03-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Yes if they sign Dwight Hump is gone. Lopez will get his chance to play PF next to Dwight and if it doesn't work then he's gone (for Josh Smith I predict).

You have no idea what their roster will look like so just stop with the they're trash stuff. MIA and NYK and CHI all signed vets to min deals and so will the Nets to solidify their bench. A starting 5 of D-Will, Brooks, top 5 pick, Smith or Lopez, and Dwight are contenders and anyone says other wise is just kidding themselves. Kidd already said he'd come, they still have Morrow, they can add a vet big like KG off the bench, so many things can happen so just stop.

If you read my post, my exact words were even adding Dwight and a lottery pick alone would not make them a top 3 team in one shot. At what point did I say they wouldnt add other players via vet min? And at what point did I say they couldnt contend? All I said was even adding Dwight and a lottery pick would not make them a top 3 seed in one shot with their current roster, which as constructed IS trash. No need to get butt hurt.

And assuming they are going to get Josh Smith for Lopez straight up which it appears you did here by saying they would keep Brooks, Morrow, and their pick, is down right laughable.

oak2455
03-01-2012, 12:19 PM

The Lakers are already reportedly out becase they dont wanna take the risk and we all know he wont resign in Golden State... ORL tied their own hands... AGAIN... by not working with Dwight on his trade request and basically holding him hostage.

They could try and keep him at which point he would just walk to the Nets for free :shrug:

How about the Mav's.. just saying try and work a 3 or 4 team trade for Howard could they?? I do think he'll be a Net but just wondering

MagicHero3

first off, wtf are you laughing at?

Golden state.
never said THEY were a threat to keep him, but if he goes to GS and then to FA, theres a large chance him and D-will take their talents to DAL or somewhere, but at least the Magic didnt let him walk for free.

Yes, the magic better make a trade before the deadline...thats what i already said.

The goods
The magic should trade him to a team that thinks they can convince him of staying like golden state and take monta ellis and whoever else,since dwight is going to the nets no matter what in the offseason,at this point the nets have to do something pretty stupid to now get dwight ,its a lot like the melo situation except dwight isn't pressuring the nets to trade for him like melo did the knicks.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 12:36 PM
If you read my post, my exact words were even adding Dwight and a lottery pick alone would not make them a top 3 team in one shot. At what point did I say they wouldnt add other players via vet min? And at what point did I say they couldnt contend? All I said was even adding Dwight and a lottery pick would not make them a top 3 seed in one shot with their current roster, which as constructed IS trash. No need to get butt hurt.

And assuming they are going to get Josh Smith for Lopez straight up which it appears you did here by saying they would keep Brooks, Morrow, and their pick, is down right laughable.

Nobody's butt hurt here. If anyone butt hurt it's gonna be Knicks fans if this goes down. I think it would put them right up there behind CHI and MIA. You aren't contenders if your not a top 3 seed so you're contradicting yourself.

Lopez for Smith is laughable OK.

ATL has been known to have Smith on the block in the past. I wasn't saying the Nets were trading Lopez for Lebron straight up.

ATL would love to move Horford to the 4 and I think they'd be very interested in making that swap as it would benefit both teams. No but you're right is laughable.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 12:39 PM

Who's going to trade for him knowing that he won't sign?

Teams like the Lakers wont even trade for him because they don't want to risk losing him.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 12:40 PM
How about the Mav's.. just saying try and work a 3 or 4 team trade for Howard could they?? I do think he'll be a Net but just wondering

That's a crazy long shot (actually probably impossible). DAL doesn't have anything to offer (Marion, Heywood, Odom, Roddy Beobouis, Carter, late 1st) I mean who's gonna give up anything for those guys. I mean if your a GM would you want to give up anything for them?

Mavs only shot is through FA and right now that's not even possible unless they move Marion (tough to do).

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
You're not making any sense. Howard can't win with anything he does lol.

Because If this is true, that means howard is honoring his contract by finishing it up... Whereas I he was to be traded, he would be a villain for trying to force his way out.

How is that not making any sense?

I just said that by saying this, he basically cornered the Magic since teams won't trade for him except the Nets.

I never said that Howard leaving in the offseason as a FA was wrong. I said that basically cornering the Magic FA was wrong.

oak2455
03-01-2012, 12:44 PM
That's a crazy long shot (actually probably impossible). DAL doesn't have anything to offer (Marion, Heywood, Odom, Roddy Beobouis, Carter, late 1st) I mean who's gonna give up anything for those guys. I mean if your a GM would you want to give up anything for them?

Mavs only shot is through FA and right now that's not even possible unless they move Marion (tough to do).

remember how the Nuggets were pissed at the Knicks, then fleeced them... I was just wondering:)

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 12:46 PM
No I actually didn't read the article because I don't believe a word that comes out of Broussard's mouth. Is there a quote from Dwight saying this or just his sources? If no quote then I don't believe it. I do think Dwight wants Brooklyn and he's a bright guy knowing that by signing as a FA he will also get a complete team and not just him a Deron minus NJ other assets. So while I don't believe Broussard I do think Dwight is smart enough to see this is the best for him on and off the court.

It's still the Magic's fault when it all said and done cause Otis had the trade lined up in the preseason and the owner vetoed it. If they now lose him for nothing then it's their own fault.

I still think NJ would do a trade possibly but don't expect the one they offer in preseason. It'll be a worse one with Lopez/expiring/Picks for Howard. Brooks is probably now off the table and so might be them taking back Hedo.

I feel for Magic fans cause the Nets offered a real solid deal in the preseason that would have jump started a nice rebuild and ownership blew it.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I doubt this article is true but I gave the benefit of the doubt.

Everything said was in the sense that the article holds true.

The fact that you don't seem to want to hold any fault at Howard is whack.

2 wrongs don't make it right. I agree Magic were wrong for not dealing him earlier. But Howard is at fault for basically cornering Magic management. If this holds true that he'll sign outright, he messed up any trade leverage the Magic had with the nets. From what you're saying, even though Howard is wrong, he can do that because the Magic messed up earlier.

This isn't even about basketball anymore. Anything in life, 2 wrongs don't make it right.

lvlheaded
03-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Nobody's butt hurt here. If anyone butt hurt it's gonna be Knicks fans if this goes down. I think it would put them right up there behind CHI and MIA. You aren't contenders if your not a top 3 seed so you're contradicting yourself.

Lopez for Smith is laughable OK.

ATL has been known to have Smith on the block in the past. I wasn't saying the Nets were trading Lopez for Lebron straight up.

ATL would love to move Horford to the 4 and I think they'd be very interested in making that swap as it would benefit both teams. No but you're right is laughable.

I feel bad for the Net fans that are actually rational that they have to fight off the reputation posters like you and DoMeFavors give them.

Lopez for Smith straight up? You really think that just cause Atlanta is willing to trade him means they are gonna settle for that? Its a joke. A package built around Lopez sure, but Lopez straight up is laughable. Especially since I'm sure there would be other teams willing to bid if that was the price.

As for Knick fans being butt hurt if this happens, why? Because certain Net fans have it in their head that people are "hating on them" because they might get Dwight. In your post you clearly got butt hurt because I stated that as currently constructed the Nets roster outside of a few players is garbage and you replied with "just stop, you dont know what could happen to our future roster." I was commenting on your current roster. Where in there am I wrong? THE NETS HAVE 11 WINS! That would constitute a garbage roster.

And again I said that the Nets would be able to contend with Dwight and a lottery pick. That doesn't mean you are a top 3 team. If you are in the playoffs you have a shot to make it to the Finals. You are a contending caliber team. But you are not a top 3 seed if your roster is left as is and the only additions are Dwight and a lottery pick. That's my opinion. In no way did I say the Nets are not improved and that they wouldn't be a good team. I just saying that if you add Dwight and a lottery pick to the roster as it currently is, they aren't a top 3 team. That's a more than fair assessment considering how bad they are now.

Take off the homer goggles for a second and try and look at it objectively. No one is trashing the Nets or saying that with Dwight and a lottery pick they would still be a bottom barrel team. I simply said that if that was all they did to the roster they arent automatically a top 3 seed and that Atlanta would not trade Josh Smith, an all-star PF straight up for Brook Lopez, a 7 footer that cant rebound.

ne3xchamps
03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
This is getting like the melo rumors. Can't go more then 2 days without a new "Howard wants to go or be traded to ___" thread. :facepalm:

Who gives a ****?!?!

Oh and all these reporters and insiders think they know everything. they just need to stir **** up every other day I guess. What a joke.

Chill_Will_24
03-01-2012, 01:07 PM
I feel bad for the Net fans that are actually rational that they have to fight off the reputation posters like you and DoMeFavors give them.

Lopez for Smith straight up? You really think that just cause Atlanta is willing to trade him means they are gonna settle for that? Its a joke. A package built around Lopez sure, but Lopez straight up is laughable. Especially since I'm sure there would be other teams willing to bid if that was the price.

As for Knick fans being butt hurt if this happens, why? Because certain Net fans have it in their head that people are "hating on them" because they might get Dwight. In your post you clearly got butt hurt because I stated that as currently constructed the Nets roster outside of a few players is garbage and you replied with "just stop, you dont know what could happen to our future roster." I was commenting on your current roster. Where in there am I wrong? THE NETS HAVE 11 WINS! That would constitute a garbage roster.

And again I said that the Nets would be able to contend with Dwight and a lottery pick. That doesn't mean you are a top 3 team. If you are in the playoffs you have a shot to make it to the Finals. You are a contending caliber team. But you are not a top 3 seed if your roster is left as is and the only additions are Dwight and a lottery pick. That's my opinion. In no way did I say the Nets are not improved and that they wouldn't be a good team. I just saying that if you add Dwight and a lottery pick to the roster as it currently is, they aren't a top 3 team. That's a more than fair assessment considering how bad they are now.

Take off the homer goggles for a second and try and look at it objectively. No one is trashing the Nets or saying that with Dwight and a lottery pick they would still be a bottom barrel team. I simply said that if that was all they did to the roster they arent automatically a top 3 seed and that Atlanta would not trade Josh Smith, an all-star PF straight up for Brook Lopez, a 7 footer that cant rebound.

Really? because most level headed fans agree that Lopez has value and ATL has been looking for a C so they can move Horford to the 4. I guess im just not that level headed and neither are my peers. Teach us all oh great one and dont let our unworthy unintelligent be a hindrance to your greatness :worthy:

lvlheaded
03-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Really? because most level headed fans agree that Lopez has value and ATL has been looking for a C so they can move Horford to the 4. I guess im just not that level headed and neither are my peers. Teach us all oh great one and dont let our unworthy unintelligent be a hindrance to your greatness :worthy:

You are actually one of the Net fans I respect as being reasonable. You truly think that Atlanta would do Lopez for Smith straight up? I never said Lopez doesn't have value but I don't believe that Atlanta would do it straight up. And I am not claiming that anyone is "unintelligent and unworthy." I have said all of this is in my opinion. Again, I do not believe Atlanta would trade Smith straight up for Lopez, I believe the Nets would have to give something else in that deal.

Sadds The Gr8
03-01-2012, 01:18 PM
To be fair, he is still under contract and he's basically cornering them this way.

but that's not his problem. If they're scared to lose him, then trade him.

NJBASEBALL22
03-01-2012, 01:19 PM

Are you serious?

He refused to trade him earlier... when teams would've gave better packages.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 01:34 PM
He refused to trade him earlier... when teams would've gave better packages.

I never said the Magic weren't at fault.

But Howard, assuming this is true, just ruined the Magic's leverage in trades.

2 wrongs don't make it right. Just because the Magic FO messed up doesn't make it okay for Howard to **** it over for them.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 01:35 PM
but that's not his problem. If they're scared to lose him, then trade him.

True.

But if they want to trade him now, they can't.

utl768
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Trading for him makes no sense if the nets are his only option because u have to take hedo if u trade for him

BigDFan85
03-01-2012, 01:54 PM
The source is Chris Broussard... Close thread.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 02:11 PM

That's insulting that you lumped me in with DoMeFavors because I actually think I'm not that homerish in my posts, but whatever you can think that, won't ruin my day.

The Nets have by far and away been the most injured team in the league and have just recently gotten their second best player back as well as a few other key pieces. They just won three straight on the road games against the Knicks, Bulls, and Mavs. I'm not being a homer here cause the Nets are better then their record but I don't expect you to agree me.

There you go you just got one of your respected posters to agree with me on the trade, I told you it's not the far fetched or laughable as you so terribly put it. A 23 year old 20 ppg center has alot of value especially for a fringe allstar PF at a position of need for the Hawks. I think your confused on how good Smith really is, I mean he not some allstar shoe in every year. Go ask a Hawks fan what they think of him. If you want to continue to believe the trade is laughable that fine but there's clearly no reason to continue discussing this with you.

There are quite a few people bashing the Nets maybe not you so much but there are plenty of them. I think they would be a top three seed with those additions and you don't. It doesn't make me a homer or any less right then you it's just my opinion.

sp1derm00
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
This kinda screws the Magic and it's kinda douchey of Dwight to announce this.

This gives the Magic even less options to get value for trading Dwight because now this kills any deal the Nets would do for him and takes away teams like the Lakers who would only do the deal if they could keep Dwight. At least before, it was ambiguous if Dwight would extend or not.

Probably gonna end up screwing the Magic worse than the Cavs got screwed by Lebron.

UGH.

Punk
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm pretty torn, I want the Knicks to pretty much rule the Atlantic Division for the next 3 years considering Boston is pretty much on the verge of rebuilding, Philly isn't really that elite, Raptors are still rebuilding.

But, I would LOVE to see Dwight and Tyson battle it out for the Best Center Of New York.

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Trading for him makes no sense if the nets are his only option because u have to take hedo if u trade for him

If the nets are the only option, i dont think they would need to take hedo. Nets should not take that deal and just wait till the summer and sign dwight out right. Things should get interesting.

lvlheaded
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
That's insulting that you lumped me in with DoMeFavors because I actually think I'm not that homerish in my posts, but whatever you can think that, won't ruin my day.

The Nets have by far and away been the most injured team in the league and have just recently gotten their second best player back as well as a few other key pieces. They just won three straight on the road games against the Knicks, Bulls, and Mavs. I'm not being a homer here cause the Nets are better then their record but I don't expect you to agree me.

There you go you just got one of your respected posters to agree with me on the trade, I told you it's not the far fetched or laughable as you so terribly put it. A 23 year old 20 ppg center has alot of value especially for a fringe allstar PF at a position of need for the Hawks. I think your confused on how good Smith really is, I mean he not some allstar shoe in every year. Go ask a Hawks fan what they think of him. If you want to continue to believe the trade is laughable that fine but there's clearly no reason to continue discussing this with you.

There are quite a few people bashing the Nets maybe not you so much but there are plenty of them. I think they would be a top three seed with those additions and you don't. It doesn't make me a homer or any less right then you it's just my opinion.

Fair enough. The DoMeFavors comparison may have been a little harsh haha. Although I'm aware the Nets have been injured this year, when healthy there still isn't too much overwhelming talent on their roster IMO but I can respect giving them time to see if they can put something together. And again, I was inno way trying to attack the Nets or your opinion on what they would be with Dwight. Just giving my two cents on how I see their improvements.

As for Josh Smith, I could possibly be overrating him as I really like Smith, but im not trying to underrate Lopez who I know has value. I just don't believe a 1 for 1 swap would go down so easily, but that's just me. Laughable may have been a little harsh.

I would never begrudge another man his opinion, I was just defining mine.

Again, no hard feelings over the DoMeFavors comment, we all know he's on a whole different level of homerism haha

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Fair enough. The DoMeFavors comparison may have been a little harsh haha. Although I'm aware the Nets have been injured this year, when healthy there still isn't too much overwhelming talent on their roster IMO but I can respect giving them time to see if they can put something together. And again, I was inno way trying to attack the Nets or your opinion on what they would be with Dwight. Just giving my two cents on how I see their improvements.

As for Josh Smith, I could possibly be overrating him as I really like Smith, but im not trying to underrate Lopez who I know has value. I just don't believe a 1 for 1 swap would go down so easily, but that's just me. Laughable may have been a little harsh.

I would never begrudge another man his opinion, I was just defining mine.

Again, no hard feelings over the DoMeFavors comment, we all know he's on a whole different level of homerism haha

I respect your opinion dude and you won't get any hard feelings from me. I went back and reread your post and I did tend to agree with you, cause no it doesn't automatically make them a top 3 seed. I like the Nets role players but with that said they're role players and without stars to get them open or easy buckets they'll struggle. We can all agree that Petro and Sheldon suck though.

As for the Smith trade I don't know if ATL would do it straight up but I think the talent/need is comparable. I know they are desperately trying to move Horford back to the 4 so it would benefit both teams. ATL would a pretty scary team after that trade I think. Teague, Johnson, Williams, Horford, Lopez. I could see that team making some noise. How scary would the East be then with MIA, CHI, Brooklyn, ATL, NYK, IND, PHI. That's a damn good conference.

I rather enjoy a good argument so keep up the good work. I'm sure it won't be our last but you have my respect.

Punk
03-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Isn't it bad that I don't want the Nets to get Howard and lose Deron just to see how DoMeFavors reacts? That man ruins the image of all 5 Nets Fans.

lvlheaded
03-01-2012, 03:12 PM
I respect your opinion dude and you won't get any hard feelings from me. I went back and reread your post and I did tend to agree with you, cause no it doesn't automatically make them a top 3 seed. I like the Nets role players but with that said they're role players and without stars to get them open or easy buckets they'll struggle. We can all agree that Petro and Sheldon suck though.

As for the Smith trade I don't know if ATL would do it straight up but I think the talent/need is comparable. I know they are desperately trying to move Horford back to the 4 so it would benefit both teams. ATL would a pretty scary team after that trade I think. Teague, Johnson, Williams, Horford, Lopez. I could see that team making some noise. How scary would the East be then with MIA, CHI, Brooklyn, ATL, NYK, IND, PHI. That's a damn good conference.

I rather enjoy a good argument so keep up the good work. I'm sure it won't be our last but you have my respect.

And you mine :cheers:

I love myself a solid argument as well, especially when it actually makes sense from both sides instead of those arguments with Favors that just consist of the verbal diharea that guy spews.

I think Atlanta would probably be behind the Sixers and Pacers just because those teams are so young and rapidly improving but at would be a damn good conference with 7 teams that you'd be crazy to count out at any point. It will be interesting to see no doubt.

And yes, everyone can agree that Petro and Shelden are pure garbage, thanks for taking Shelden and Shawn off our hands, it opened us up to Novakaine

oak2455
03-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Isn't it bad that I don't want the Nets to get Howard and lose Deron just to see how DoMeFavors reacts? That man ruins the image of all 5 Nets Fans.

I think the same as you!!!!!! Wow

Chill_Will_24
03-01-2012, 03:21 PM
You are actually one of the Net fans I respect as being reasonable. You truly think that Atlanta would do Lopez for Smith straight up? I never said Lopez doesn't have value but I don't believe that Atlanta would do it straight up. And I am not claiming that anyone is "unintelligent and unworthy." I have said all of this is in my opinion. Again, I do not believe Atlanta would trade Smith straight up for Lopez, I believe the Nets would have to give something else in that deal.

I would expect so yes. Smith has been open about wanting out and its a known fact that ATL wants Horford at the 4. Maybe you overvalue Smith but i actually think Lopez has more value than Smith but thats just my personal opinion.

Lets not forget that the Nets refused to part with lopez when dealing with Denver as well as Utah. I consider melo and Deron better players than Smith.

Pistol_Pete
03-01-2012, 03:21 PM
This thread is getting ridiculous. Argue all you want about whether Dwight is screwing the Magic, but the fact is that they allegedly have or had deals on the table for all-stars and/or very good players. This included teams willing to "rent" Howard. The Magic just won't pull the trigger. On top of that, this is just a rumor, Dwight didn't hold a press conference saying he wants to sign with the Nets in the off season, it's a rumor by a guy that most people don't consider credible. The Magic can get decent players in return, and will if they choose to go through with a trade. It certainly would be better than what NO got for Chris Paul.

Now on top of this, you have to think as the player. Really what you're asking him to do is allow his current team to pillage his new team because he "owes" them. Come on. Now this isn't the greatest example, but it's an "everyday job" so I'm going ot use it here:

Let's say you're the General Manager at Lowe's and you want to go to Home Depot. And Home Depot wants you to come there. Everyone at Lowe's loves you and comes to the store because of your work. Every at Home Depot wishes you were in their store. Let's say this Home Depot has the best guys in housing fixtures and plumbing and all the categories they have. Let's say your success is somewhat assured because you're a great manager and you'll be teaming up with a great manager, but that with the top guys at each category, it's easier and a better work environment. Now you could go straight to Home Depot and work with these top guys where you want, or you could let Lowe's take 3 of the top guys to allow you to work there. Wouldn't you want to keep the best guys around you? And since it's a job, shouldn't you do what's best for you and your career?

Yes, it's a stupid analogy, and yes it's different because you don't have contracts and championships. But still, you need to step back and view this for what it is. A job.

lvlheaded
03-01-2012, 03:22 PM
I think the same as you!!!!!! Wow

Personally I'd love to see it happen just to see his reaction if they don't win the second it happens like he is convinced it will! Haha

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 03:24 PM
This kinda screws the Magic and it's kinda douchey of Dwight to announce this.

This gives the Magic even less options to get value for trading Dwight because now this kills any deal the Nets would do for him and takes away teams like the Lakers who would only do the deal if they could keep Dwight. At least before, it was ambiguous if Dwight would extend or not.

Probably gonna end up screwing the Magic worse than the Cavs got screwed by Lebron.

UGH.

Exactly.

lvlheaded
03-01-2012, 03:25 PM
I would expect so yes. Smith has been open about wanting out and its a known fact that ATL wants Horford at the 4. Maybe you overvalue Smith but i actually think Lopez has more value than Smith but thats just my personal opinion.

Lets not forget that the Nets refused to part with lopez when dealing with Denver as well as Utah. I consider melo and Deron better players than Smith.

I can see where you are coming from. I just think ATL would look to get more than a 1 for 1 swap. Lopez's lack of rebounding presence might cloud might judgement a little because when I think 7 footer that can't rebound, I get Eddy Curry flash backs. That's not to compare the two by any means haha!

I also believe that other teams might jump into a bidding for Smith which might raise the value of him a little bit, but again, this is all speculation on my part and in the end would come down to what Atlanta feels is their biggest need and what they value most.

Chill_Will_24
03-01-2012, 03:30 PM

The mods on your board better be on their game when the Nets get Dwight cuz DoMefav is gonna go at yall hard body. he is gonna be uncontainable

Chill_Will_24
03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
I can see where you are coming from. I just think ATL would look to get more than a 1 for 1 swap. Lopez's lack of rebounding presence might cloud might judgement a little because when I think 7 footer that can't rebound, I get Eddy Curry flash backs. That's not to compare the two by any means haha!

I also believe that other teams might jump into a bidding for Smith which might raise the value of him a little bit, but again, this is all speculation on my part and in the end would come down to what Atlanta feels is their biggest need and what they value most.

I can agree with this. I mean look at GS and how they value Ellis. Its ridiculous. Perhaps ATL WOULD go out for more but what could they realistically get?

You might have a point there thou.

lvlheaded
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I can agree with this. I mean look at GS and how they value Ellis. Its ridiculous. Perhaps ATL WOULD go out for more but what could they realistically get?

You might have a point there thou.

Ellis is the prime example. He's a very good player but GS values him like he is LeBron and they go into trade scenarios as such. (exaggerating on the LeBron thing for effect) But it would also depend on who was in the running too. I could see a team like Indy maybe trying to get into it as well as some one like the Lakers, granted LA doesn't have much to offer, to make him their Odom carbon copy.

I'll be curious to see who gets into the fray, as I do expect Josh Smith to be elsewhere next year.

Sadds The Gr8
03-01-2012, 03:53 PM
True.

But if they want to trade him now, they can't.

why not? he said he'd prefer to sign during the offseason, but that doesn't mean he won't be on board for a trade there. he never said don't trade me. Orlando can still do w/e they want.

driz
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Everyone in Orlando - thank Lebron and your other buddies further down South for ruining the NBA! Thank the owners for signing a CBA without a franchise tag. And every NBA fan nationwide - prepare to feel the SAME exact thing as every key player in the league holds the franchise and fanbase that has made them multi-millionaires hostage.

Thanks "King".

NJBASEBALL22
03-01-2012, 03:56 PM
This thread is getting ridiculous. Argue all you want about whether Dwight is screwing the Magic, but the fact is that they allegedly have or had deals on the table for all-stars and/or very good players. This included teams willing to "rent" Howard. The Magic just won't pull the trigger. On top of that, this is just a rumor, Dwight didn't hold a press conference saying he wants to sign with the Nets in the off season, it's a rumor by a guy that most people don't consider credible. The Magic can get decent players in return, and will if they choose to go through with a trade. It certainly would be better than what NO got for Chris Paul.

Now on top of this, you have to think as the player. Really what you're asking him to do is allow his current team to pillage his new team because he "owes" them. Come on. Now this isn't the greatest example, but it's an "everyday job" so I'm going ot use it here:

Let's say you're the General Manager at Lowe's and you want to go to Home Depot. And Home Depot wants you to come there. Everyone at Lowe's loves you and comes to the store because of your work. Every at Home Depot wishes you were in their store. Let's say this Home Depot has the best guys in housing fixtures and plumbing and all the categories they have. Let's say your success is somewhat assured because you're a great manager and you'll be teaming up with a great manager, but that with the top guys at each category, it's easier and a better work environment. Now you could go straight to Home Depot and work with these top guys where you want, or you could let Lowe's take 3 of the top guys to allow you to work there. Wouldn't you want to keep the best guys around you? And since it's a job, shouldn't you do what's best for you and your career?

Yes, it's a stupid analogy, and yes it's different because you don't have contracts and championships. But still, you need to step back and view this for what it is. A job.

I am of the opinion that both sides are at fault. To sit and say it is all the front office's fault is dumb. I will defend both sides on this.

Howard's defense:
The NBA is a business and at the end of the day, you have to do what is best for you and your family because nobody is going to give you anything if the shoe is on the other foot. Howard what's to go to Brooklyn (or another big location) and join the Nets Russian Billionaire owner to expand his "brand". I get all of that and that is fine. Plus, he wants to go to a place that will put talent around him to win.

Orlando's defense:
As a member of any organization that has been loyal to you- and from the outside (that's important here) Orlando has seemed to be loyal to Dwight, you should not do anything to undermined the leverage of the company, or team, that you work for. That is exactly what Howard did. Until now, Howard never publicly came out and absolutely DEMANDED a trade. He requested it. I am for that, if you aren't happy in a place, that's fine and telling your owner is alright too- let him prepare. But that is behind closed doors type of ****. Howard went public when he didn't get his way and that is the problem. So in Orlando's mind, Howard wanted out but not completely, so they still felt they could convince him to stay, once again, that's fine too, but now you have to live with the consequences if he doesn't. And let's face it, you don't want to come out and just give the best Center in the league away. This is where I agree with Orlando, much like the Melo situation, it is wrong for you to try to make your team trade you to a specific location because it completely takes away the leverage that your team has in your trade value.

The Bottom Line:
Both are at fault, however, I think it is more the Magic to blame. Dwight gave them ideal warning time (during last season, as far as I know) that he is probably leaving and that is enough for me. There were multiple deals on the table his off season for all-star talent in the exchange. I understand you don't want to give away a once in a generation talent, but you need to get something for him while you can or don't complain when you are left with nothing. Howard never gave the Magic false hope like LeBron did to Cleveland by saying how loyal he was to the team and how much he loved the personnel and organization.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
why not? he said he'd prefer to sign during the offseason, but that doesn't mean he won't be on board for a trade there. he never said don't trade me. Orlando can still do w/e they want.

It reduces their chances by a lot.

Assuming this is true that he said he'll sigh outright, that scares other teams away from wanting to trade for him.

And the Nets will not be as willing to trade if they know they can get him outright while keeping all their pieces.

driz
03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I absolutely despise the term "do what's best for you and your family" when we're discussing these athletes. Like making 100 Million or 110 Million has any effect on you and your family's lives. Gee honey, I don't know if we should cop that BIG of a private jet...maybe if I had screwed over the entire fan base that has supported me since I was a snot nosed high schooler for that extra coin.

Metsboi69
03-01-2012, 04:40 PM

Assuming this is true that he said he'll sigh outright, that scares other teams away from wanting to trade for him.

And the Nets will not be as willing to trade if they know they can get him outright while keeping all their pieces.

I totally disagree. The Nets are scared shitless about going into Brooklyn with NOONE, no matter how unlikely. I guarantee you tonight BK would trade Lopez, Farmar, 2 Firsts, and the Magic could probably even grab Marshon Brooks. Orlando though wants to make a last ditch effort to keep him, which is why nothing will heat up until three days before the deadline. Any serious trade discussions involving Howard until then to me are nothing but "insiders" speculation.

waveycrockett
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Honestly the people *****ing about Dwight are too funny. It's his life, his talent. The guy can do whatever he wants or play where ever he wants. It's that simple. He can retire tomorrow if he felt like it. Imagine people and media ripping you because you wanted to move to a new city lol. I can understand Magic fans being upset but so many nonmagic fans hating. So dumb

DR_1
03-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Don't believe it Broussard's as dumb as Hollinger

Sadds The Gr8
03-01-2012, 04:57 PM

like that other guy said, they still definitely have some worry about Deron leaving and going to Dallas, and maybe even Dwight going there too. I'm pretty sure they'd love to trade for him now and sure up the Deron/D12 combo and not take chances by waiting for the off-season.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I totally disagree. The Nets are scared shitless about going into Brooklyn with NOONE, no matter how unlikely. I guarantee you tonight BK would trade Lopez, Farmar, 2 Firsts, and the Magic could probably even grab Marshon Brooks. Orlando though wants to make a last ditch effort to keep him, which is why nothing will heat up until three days before the deadline. Any serious trade discussions involving Howard until then to me are nothing but "insiders" speculation.

But if a player commits to join with you, why would you trade for him?

Granted, the Nets are taking a risk with assuming that he'll automatically sign.

But if I know a player wants to join my team, I won't even bother to make an offer or will trade less.

It's not like the Knicks where they made the trade mid-season even though they knew he would sign there because they wanted make a splash in the playoffs.

VinceCarter
03-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Honestly the people *****ing about Dwight are too funny. It's his life, his talent. The guy can do whatever he wants or play where ever he wants. It's that simple. He can retire tomorrow if he felt like it. Imagine people and media ripping you because you wanted to move to a new city lol. I can understand Magic fans being upset but so many nonmagic fans hating. So dumb

And yet all these fans WANT to see Deron go to Dallas :facepalm:

Just ignore them.

Metsboi69
03-01-2012, 05:06 PM
But if a player commits to join with you, why would you trade for him?

Granted, the Nets are taking a risk with assuming that he'll automatically sign.

But if I know a player wants to join my team, I won't even bother to make an offer or will trade less.

It's not like the Knicks where they made the trade mid-season even though they knew he would sign there because they wanted make a splash in the playoffs.

The risk is just to significant, again its not just about Dwight its also about Deron. You certainly use leverage if your Billy King, but at the same time the Magic know how important securing the Nets future is to them.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-01-2012, 05:09 PM
like that other guy said, they still definitely have some worry about Deron leaving and going to Dallas, and maybe even Dwight going there too. I'm pretty sure they'd love to trade for him now and sure up the Deron/D12 combo and not take chances by waiting for the off-season.

The risk is just to significant, again its not just about Dwight its also about Deron. You certainly use leverage if your Billy King, but at the same time the Magic know how important securing the Nets future is to them.

Yea, I understand that Deron can leave. I can see something similar to the Baron Davis-Elton Brand situation in LA.

Though I'm just saying that other teams wont try to make a deal now and the Nets are less likely to make a deal knowing there's already the chance that they can get him for free basically. Especially if this article holds true that he already made up his mind for Brooklyn.

NJBASEBALL22
03-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Ummmmm, isn't Deron a FA the off-season after next???

justinnum1
03-01-2012, 05:36 PM
just read this in a steve kyler chat, he usually knows whats going on with the magic
Will
If the Magic can’t get Ellis/Nash,will they still keep Dwight past the trade deadline?

Steve Kyler
It’s up to Dwight.

If Dwight is open and honest and says I’ll give this one more year and Opt-In then Orlando absolutely won;t trade him… If Dwight says I am opting out and exploring my options in July… Orlando has to seriously consider dealing him.

From what we heard during All-Star… the Dwight/Deron Williams scenario in Brooklyn has imploded… Deron wants to explore his options and everyone believes that’s Dallas.

More and more people say Dwight Opts-In and hits free agency in 2013 when Chris Paul, Monta Ellis and Josh Smith can all hiot free agency and more teams can dump money to get after them.

I think its all about what Dwight says when they corner him on March 14th.

This is what i think will happen.

Metsboi69
03-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Yea, I understand that Deron can leave. I can see something similar to the Baron Davis-Elton Brand situation in LA.

Though I'm just saying that other teams wont try to make a deal now and the Nets are less likely to make a deal knowing there's already the chance that they can get him for free basically. Especially if this article holds true that he already made up his mind for Brooklyn.

Ummmmm, isn't Deron a FA the off-season after next???

I agree other teams might not try as hard to make a deal, but I still think the Nets will be as aggressive as ever due to the points I made before. And Deron has a player opt out like Dwight which he said he would consider picking up, but I doubt it. But if Dwight was acquired he'd agree to a long term extension.

JordansBulls
03-03-2012, 08:07 PM

Yeah, so now what does Orlando do? If they trade him, then the team who traded for him know they only get him for the rest of this season. Only team who is willing to do that is GS.

oak2455
03-03-2012, 08:31 PM
imagine

TheIlladelph16
03-03-2012, 08:47 PM

Are you serious?

So he comes out and says "hey I really don't want to stay here" months and months ago, yet that is not giving his team a chance to trade him? The Magic have had options and chose to try and convince him to stay. Not Dwight's fault. This coming from someone who has rooted for the Magic since they had T-Mac

Also, I really don't believe a single one of these reports. Broussard is so full of ****. ESPN legit makes up half of these rumors

Punk
03-03-2012, 08:57 PM
just read this in a steve kyler chat, he usually knows whats going on with the magic

This is what i think will happen.

Orlando better trade him. They honestly would be stupid to keep him at this point.