PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry For Rajon Rondo?

Monta is beast
02-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Boston is aggressively shopping Rondo, according to sources. The Celtics find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers continue. With the Celtics having realized they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe the payoff is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him. In December, the Celtics had discussions with Golden State about a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal, and one source says it was Golden State that decided against pulling the trigger. But Curry's recent ankle injuries, which have caused him several problems in his short career, have given the Celtics pause. The potential trade is still being discussed by Boston's braintrust, but they aren't sure they want to go forward with it. It also isn't clear whether the Warriors would be willing to do it. Other players would have to be thrown in to make it work financially.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/2/29/2834194/rumor-celtics-aggressively-shopping-rajon-rondo

This trade makes allot of sense for both sides, but I could see where the Celtics would back out because of Curry's ankle issues.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-29-2012, 08:40 PM
I'd do it.

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Except for Golden State.

For Ellis? Maybe, but GSW would idiots to trade Curry for Rondo. Shouldn't put it past that FO, though.

LTBaByyy
02-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Why are people knocking Rondo so much?

The dude is the 4th best PG in the NBA, Curry is not even top 10

That would be highway robbery by Warriors, and the Celtics would be way worse losing Rondo

Rivers just loves Curry personally and his dad

Celtics going to try to get Steph Curry, his brother Seth Curry, and Austin Rivers

Lake_Show2416
02-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Warriors wont trade Curry

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM

That would be highway robbery by Warriors, and the Celtics would be way worse losing Rondo

Celtics going to try to get Steph Curry, his brother Seth Curry, and Austin Rivers

So basically you're saying that Rondo is better than three of Deron/Rose/Nash/Westbrook/Parker/Paul? Nice try. And that's not even mentioning Lowry or Kyrie.

GSRaider
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Link please... And as a Warrior fan, I'd love Rondo for Curry... Seriously, would shoot my load...

PhillyFaninLA
02-29-2012, 08:51 PM
I think I'd do it if I was at either table.

I think the Warriors need to trade Monta and Curry and go in another direction and if the Celtics really want to trade Rondo this is about as good as they can do.

Monta is beast
02-29-2012, 08:52 PM
As a Warriors fan I would do it. Rondo can guard Shooting Guards with his wing span.

Wolfman01
02-29-2012, 08:54 PM
This trade is very good for the Celtics but not for the Warriors. Stephen Curry is by far one of the best pure shooter in the game. Although this trade kind of make sense for the Warriors since they have so many scorers on their team and they need a play maker on their team. I rather keep Stephen Curry and trade Monta Ellis.

hugepatsfan
02-29-2012, 08:57 PM
So basically you're saying that Rondo is better than three of Deron/Rose/Nash/Westbrook/Parker/Paul? Nice try. And that's not even mentioning Lowry or Kyrie.

I still have him above Parker. He's definately better than Kyrie right now (yes I know Kyrie was better yesterday, but Rondo has outplayed a lot of better PGs before - doesn't mean he's better). Lowry is working his way up, but I still have him behind Rondo for now.

CP3
Rose
D-Will
Nash
Westbrook
Rondo
Parker
Lowry

That's what I have at the top of my PG list.

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 09:00 PM
I still have him above Parker. He's definately better than Kyrie right now (yes I know Kyrie was better yesterday, but Rondo has outplayed a lot of better PGs before - doesn't mean he's better). Lowry is working his way up, but I still have him behind Rondo for now.

CP3
Rose
D-Will
Nash
Westbrook
Rondo
Parker
Lowry

That's what I have at the top of my PG list.

I have no problem putting Rondo in the same "tier" as Kyrie, Lowry or Parker. Though I think Parker is definitely better in my opinion. But there's no way, he's in the top 5. I think we can agree there. Rondo simply isn't in the same level as any of those top 5 pg's you mentioned and aside from Nash (only cause of his age), I think we can agree you guys would be doing flips if you could get the other of those 4 players for Rajon.

Hustlenomics
02-29-2012, 09:01 PM

very true

Rndy
02-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Poor Hustlenomics has a severe case of denial.

TheNumber37
02-29-2012, 09:10 PM
rondo is a top 5 pg... love to see him in a larger role, he'd prove ppl wrong.. 16, 11, 5, 2.5 spg easy...
he's also said that he'd be a better shooter if he had to... not playing with Allen, pierce, kg.. I'd like to see if it happens.

Silent
02-29-2012, 09:11 PM

Yes he is an so am i rondo is very underrated just imagine what he do with ellis lee and wright:drool:

celtics 34
02-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Poor Hustlenomics has a severe case of denial.

Yup I bet he wouldn't trade rondo for lebron

Silent
02-29-2012, 09:13 PM

Rondo and Green for Lebron

Corey
02-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Please, God.

Please.

~Iggy~
Rondo is far from a top 5 PG looking at this season. He maybe has the potential, but he sure hasn't performed like one. CP3, Rose, Parker and Westbrook are in a class of their own and Nash is next in line.

As the leaders of their highly performing teams Paul, Rose and Parker should all be considered potential MVPs. Next in line this season behind Nash would be D-Will, Irving (pretty amazing rookie season) and Lowry. Rondo could possibly come in as the 9th best PG this season...at best.

celtics 34
Yea make salaries match

Mr.SmackYoMama
Except for Golden State.

For Ellis? Maybe, but GSW would idiots to trade Curry for Rondo. Shouldn't put it past that FO, though.

You are not a Warriors fan dont talk!!! Monta is by far the best player on the team, Curry isn't nearly as great as the media makes him to be. Trust me trading Monta....STUPID IDEA!!! Trade injury prone Curry while he still has value.

Hustlenomics

the heat wouldnt make that trade in a million years, try a better joke

Sportfan
02-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Rondo is far from a top 5 PG looking at this season. He maybe has the potential, but he sure hasn't performed like one. CP3, Rose, Parker and Westbrook are in a class of their own and Nash is next in line.

As the leaders of their highly performing teams Paul, Rose and Parker should all be considered potential MVPs. Next in line this season behind Nash would be D-Will, Irving (pretty amazing rookie season) and Lowry. Rondo could possibly come in as the 9th best PG this season...at best.
lol.

Corey
02-29-2012, 09:17 PM

Rose, Paul, Williams, Nash, Westbrook, Parker..

Can make a case for Lowry, Irving as well.

Mr.SmackYoMama
02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
This trade is very good for the Celtics but not for the Warriors. Stephen Curry is by far one of the best pure shooter in the game. Although this trade kind of make sense for the Warriors since they have so many scorers on their team and they need a play maker on their team. I rather keep Stephen Curry and trade Monta Ellis.

If you see the trend all Warriors fans would jump on this deal. He is a great pure shooter but he is not a real PG. Monta is a stud but doesn't get nearly as much credit as he should. He is the leader of the Warriors only you'd have to be a fan to realize it.

celtics 34
the heat wouldnt make that trade in a million years, try a better joke

that wasnt a joke your just so obsessed with rondo you probobly wouldnt trade him for any other player

Redskins10
I wouldn't do it if I was the Celts, they can get more value for Rondo.

lvlheaded
02-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Why is GS front office hellbent on doing whatever they can to prevent continuity on their roster

Hustlenomics
02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
that wasnt a joke your just so obsessed with rondo you probobly wouldnt trade him for any other player

its a difference between not wanting to trade him for players he's better than and trading him for players like lebron

Raps18-19 Champ
02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
That back court will be more predictable if the trade is made.

celtics 34
02-29-2012, 09:24 PM
its a difference between not wanting to trade him for players he's better than and trading him for players like lebron

Alright so would you have done this trade if curry was healthy

Mr.SmackYoMama
02-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Why is GS front office hellbent on doing whatever they can to prevent continuity on their roster

Curry is far from the player every1 thinks he is......Warriors fans were (including myself) in love with Curry (no homo) but most have realized we can't win with him at the 1. We need a true PG Monta is a beast and underrated 2. With a true PG to distribute the Warriors can be a playoff team low seed but still in the playoffs. It's not continuity it's about winning.

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 09:25 PM
You are not a Warriors fan dont talk!!! Monta is by far the best player on the team, Curry isn't nearly as great as the media makes him to be. Trust me trading Monta....STUPID IDEA!!! Trade injury prone Curry while he still has value.

I'm sorry, I was unaware that being a GSW fan has anything to do with being able to evaluate players.

There's a reason GSW hasn't sniffed the playoffs with Ellis as their best player. He's a talented player, but also an incredibly poorly disciplined player. That likely won't change anytime soon.

Yes he is an so am i rondo is very underrated just imagine what he do with ellis lee and wright:drool:

Sorry, I'm busy seeing what Rondo is doing with KG, Pierce and Allen and it's rather mediocre.

Hustlenomics
02-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Sorry, I'm busy seeing what Rondo is doing with KG, Pierce and Allen and it's rather mediocre.

yea two finals appearances is mediocre :facepalm: players get old

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 09:29 PM
yea two finals appearances is mediocre :facepalm: players get old

:facepalm:

Right it has NOTHING to do with a prime big 3. Rondo sure was the star in their title run. :rolleyes:

Scrubs like Pierce and KG were lucky they got to play with such a historic talent.

celtics 34
I'm sorry, I was unaware that being a GSW fan has anything to do with being able to evaluate players.

There's a reason GSW hasn't sniffed the playoffs with Ellis as their best player. He's a talented player, but also an incredibly poorly disciplined player. That likely won't change anytime soon.

well these guys arent pretty young and if u want to see how old they watch them play in a close game in the fourth quarter

mavwar53
So for money to work the warriors would have to trade Biedrins, in that case I'd be all for it

Curry and Biedrins for Rondo and JaJuan Johnson

Hustlenomics
02-29-2012, 09:31 PM
:facepalm:

Right it has NOTHING to do with a prime big 3. Rondo sure was the star in their title run. :rolleyes:

Scrubs like Pierce and KG were lucky they got to play with such a historic talent.

they have been past their primes for a while now and rondo was key in both their runs to the finals especially the second

kozelkid
well these guys arent pretty young and if u want to see how old they watch them play in a close game in the fourth quarter

I understand that, but Pierce is still an allstar caliber player and Ray Allen is borderline as well. Don't get me wrong, Rondo is definitely a top 10 player. But saying he'd make a huge different with a trio of Ellis, Wright and Lee is a HUGE exaggeration. I doubt that core even makes the playoffs. It's probably not even better than Boston's old, big 3.

mavwar53
I love Curry's skill set, but the guy doesn't have the heart of a winner, I'd love the warriors to be able to trade Curry and Biedrins for Rondo and whoever or just Rondo.

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 09:33 PM
they have been past their primes for a while now and rondo was key in both their runs to the finals especially the second

In the second one? No question.

In the first? Define key. He wasn't any more important than Perkins or Posey. He was a nice role player, but by no means a star.

Kucka
02-29-2012, 09:33 PM
So for money to work the warriors would have to trade Biedrins, in that case I'd be all for it

Curry and Biedrins for Rondo and JaJuan Johnson

If the Celtics trade away JJJ I am going to give up on this team.

celtics 34
02-29-2012, 09:34 PM
I understand that, but Pierce is still an allstar caliber player and Ray Allen is borderline as well. Don't get me wrong, Rondo is definitely a top 10 player. But saying he'd make a huge different with a trio of Ellis, Wright and Lee is a HUGE exaggeration. I doubt that core even makes the playoffs. It's probably not even better than Boston's old, big 3.

No there probobly better because their younger

Hustlenomics
02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
In the second one? No question.

In the first? Define key. He wasn't any more important than Perkins or Posey. He was a nice role player, but by no means a star.

21 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 6 steals in a closeout game 6 is big

mavwar53
02-29-2012, 09:36 PM
If the Celtics trade away JJJ I am going to give up on this team.

I really haven't seen him play at all, I haven't watched the celtics this season, maybe he's better than I think he is and maybe the celts think more about him than to deal him in something like I posted.

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 09:36 PM
No there probobly better because their younger

Even if they are better, they are still at best an 8th seed, which I don't think they even are.

If that team is anywhere near Boston's offensively, Boston's current cast still crushes that team on the defensive end. Especially with a coach like Mark Jackson who doesn't know the first thing about defense.

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 09:38 PM
21 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 6 steals in a closeout game 6 is big

Oh please. That game was a blowout.

And guess what, I know this might be a shocker, but having a good game doesn't make a player great. I know you enjoy updating the Rondo thread for that reason every 2 weeks when he has a big game. Leon Powe also had a HUGE game in the finals. Don't tell me you think he's a great player as well. Same with Fisher, 2 years ago.

Hustlenomics
02-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Oh please. That game was a blowout.

And guess what, I know this might be a shocker, but having a good game doesn't make a player great. I know you enjoy updating the Rondo thread for that reason every 2 weeks when he has a big game. Leon Powe also had a HUGE game in the finals. Don't tell me you think he's a great player as well. Same with Fisher, 2 years ago.

he had a big part in it being a blowout and he didn't have just "one" good game that finals either ....

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 09:44 PM
he had a big part in it being a blowout and he didn't have just "one" good game that finals either ....

You're right, he played like a good role player. Like Perkins or Posey. If you want to call that key, fine by me. But was he in any way a star? Hell no.

I have no problem conceding that he was one of the most important players on that 09-10 finals run. But there is no way you can say that he anywhere near that impact on the 07-08 title run or that you can build a team around Rondo and expect to be great.

celtics 34
02-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Even if they are better, they are still at best an 8th seed, which I don't think they even are.

If that team is anywhere near Boston's offensively, Boston's current cast still crushes that team on the defensive end. Especially with a coach like Mark Jackson who doesn't know the first thing about defense.

probobly offense because its pretty sad watching the celtics try to score on offense

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 09:46 PM
probobly offense because its pretty sad watching the celtics try to score on offense

Even so, at best that's a middle of the pack offensive team with still a putrid defense (and no pg unless his name is Jason Kidd or Gary Payton and even still...) can change an awful defensive team.

JLynn943
02-29-2012, 09:57 PM
It's not a bad trade imo, but I think the Celtics could do better. They don't have to trade him. Just like they don't have to "build around him." Obviously Rondo is not some superstar centerpiece player; however, he's still a valuable piece that could compliment a better player (or players).

Then again, I haven't watched a single Celtics game this year, so I suppose he could have regressed or been exposed as having been too reliant on the big 3.

lvlheaded
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Curry is far from the player every1 thinks he is......Warriors fans were (including myself) in love with Curry (no homo) but most have realized we can't win with him at the 1. We need a true PG Monta is a beast and underrated 2. With a true PG to distribute the Warriors can be a playoff team low seed but still in the playoffs. It's not continuity it's about winning.

I believe continuity has something to do with winning but I get what you are saying. I never get a chance to watch the Warriors so I dont know their strengths and weaknesses all that well. I love Curry, I remember sitting there on draft night cursing out the entire Warrior organization haha

NoahH
02-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Hmmm... Interesting. Guess i'd be getting a Celtics' Curry jersey

Redskins10
02-29-2012, 10:03 PM
You don't honestly believe that Curry is better than Rondo? A healthy Curry is a very good player, but not an efficient player. Not only is he a bit of a chucker (something point guards shouldn't be) he's also not great defensively and not much of a distributor. If this trade goes down, the best case scenario is the Celts continue to play at their current level because no way are they improving. If they want to ship Rondo so badly than don't settle for this trade, they can get a lot more value for him.

Mudvayne91
02-29-2012, 10:05 PM
If that's all it took, I'd hope the Nuggets would make a move for Curry...

PAOboston
02-29-2012, 10:14 PM
so c's fans want rondo out. warriors fans want curry out. seems like a match made in heaven lol.

i think rondo could fit well on gs. curry/ellis are to similar so a pass first distributor could do wonders there. curry is the type of player that the c's could start rebuilding with. young, good shooter, still on his rookie deal. only thing that scares me as a c's fan is what the deal is with his right ankle.

Lloyd Christmas
02-29-2012, 10:56 PM
You don't honestly believe that Curry is better than Rondo? A healthy Curry is a very good player, but not an efficient player. Not only is he a bit of a chucker (something point guards shouldn't be) he's also not great defensively and not much of a distributor. If this trade goes down, the best case scenario is the Celts continue to play at their current level because no way are they improving. If they want to ship Rondo so badly than don't settle for this trade, they can get a lot more value for him.

Saying Curry isn't efficient is pretty strange.

kozelkid
02-29-2012, 11:22 PM

lolwut?

He has a career ts% of over 58 and is near 60 the past 2 seasons. If that isn't efficient, I don't know what is.

He has his issues namely defense, TOs, and inability to create better for his teammates. But efficiency is in no way one of those issues.

DaVille
02-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Curry recurring ankle problems is Grant Hill situation allover again. No thank you.

Keep pure non-shooter point guard.

celmxc
02-29-2012, 11:45 PM
if this happens .. then Ray allen gets traded too I think

AddiX
02-29-2012, 11:45 PM
What does rondo do that we don't see?

I know someone who was at a house party and pierce was there, and he said everyone on the team hates rondo.

sunsfan88
02-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Is Rondo really that big of a headache?

I guess you never really know about him cause he's so quiet and humble with the media.

Evolution23
02-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Golden State needs defense and it's a good move for them. But if they could get Howard some how, that would be the best move.

KmB728
02-29-2012, 11:57 PM
I would dance for DAYS

Slimsim
02-29-2012, 11:57 PM
what exactly does GS want to do. They seem like they are making trades for the hell of it

Hustlenomics
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM

I guess you never really know about him cause he's so quiet and humble with the media.

he gives alot of attitude towards the refs at times, his teammates always speak highly of him

mavwar53
03-01-2012, 12:09 AM
what exactly does GS want to do. They seem like they are making trades for the hell of it

What trades have they made? Some people:facepalm:

They are talking and seeing if the improve their team with a trade, every team does it, apparently you don't understand that.

Slimsim
03-01-2012, 12:11 AM
What trades have they made? Some people:facepalm:

They are talking and seeing if the improve their team with a trade, every team does it, apparently you don't understand that.

they should be targeting a center maybe bogut

mavwar53
03-01-2012, 12:17 AM
they should be targeting a center maybe bogut

The are, they've been connected to talks about McGee, Howard and Brook Lopez, I'm sure Bogut is on their list too, but with his broken ankle who knows how he will come back, he won't be back this year most likely since he's been out for a month and has 1-2 more months to go, and he is always injured so how will that change the warriors having a center, half the time he's there the other half your spending money on a 7' suit.

Super.
03-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Rondo for Curry and a 1st

I'd jump all over that. Celtics need to rebuild and now.

mavwar53
03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Rondo for Curry and a 1st

I'd jump all over that. Celtics need to rebuild and now.

Well thats not happening, for one the warriors can't trade a first until 2015 and 2 the warriors would have to include Biedrins in any trade if Curry is to be traded for Rondo.

Something like Biedrins Curry and a 2nd for Rondo and JuJuan Johnson would work.

thephoenixson28
03-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Out of the big 4 why are they shopping Rondo. Buyers beware, his personality might be bad.

hugepatsfan
03-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Well thats not happening, for one the warriors can't trade a first until 2015 and 2 the warriors would have to include Biedrins in any trade if Curry is to be traded for Rondo.

Something like Biedrins Curry and a 2nd for Rondo and JuJuan Johnson would work.

I wouldn't do that as a BOS fan. If I'm taking back Biedrins money long term I'm not throwing in Johnson. I like Curry a lot more than Rondo, but his ankles make it close enough where the upgrade isn't worth taking on that cap-hurting contract and giving up a promising young PF that I think can be a 17-7 starter in the NBA w/ good weakside shot blocking and team defense. I'm high on JJJ, if you haven't noticed.

hugepatsfan
03-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Out of the big 4 why are they shopping Rondo. Buyers beware, his personality might be bad.

His personality ****ing blows. But the bolded part isn't really a negative on Rondo IMO. It's just good business - he's the only one that can fetch a pretty good return.

Corey
03-01-2012, 01:48 AM

Humble to the media? The media hates him. He makes them wait around for interviews and he skips out on them all the time.

Our local sports writers complain about his behavior with the media all the time.

LA_Raiders
03-01-2012, 01:54 AM
WHY??? Why the beaners want to get rid of their best player??? I dont get it???

Corey
03-01-2012, 02:58 AM

He has attitude problems, and he's not a player you can build around. Celtics are going into rebuild mode in the near future and he's not a player you can rely on as a leader. He's a very skilled player, but he's a complimentary piece because of his ineptitude on the offensive end.

Sadds The Gr8
03-01-2012, 03:07 AM
Lateral move IMO. Doesn't improve either team.

Baller1
03-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Man Boston would make out gloriously if this is even remotely true.

Cano-Montero...
03-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Why dont the C's just trade him for expirings and picks...

abe_froman
03-01-2012, 03:13 AM

cuz 1.he has attitude problems...from what i've head celtics fans say about him.
2.he isnt as good as the perception of him is(so sell while his value is still high),he isnt someone you can rebuilt around which is what they know they have to do

robdizzle3
03-01-2012, 03:14 AM

He may not be saying it, but I am.. Rondo is a machine.. The guy can score, defend, create turnovers, one of the best passers in the game, best pg rebounder in the game, floor general and gets to the cup at will.. Saying Irving is better is laughable at this point.. Bad trade for Boston IMO.. Something is always wrong with his Curry ankles and it won't stop.. One crossover and he's back on the shelf.

Demon11
03-01-2012, 06:31 AM
I love this trade for the Warriors. They need defense and Curry has alot of issues with his ankle. Great trade for Warriors IMO.

DitchDat
03-01-2012, 06:48 AM
Even though a Curry-Allen backcourt would be AWESOME, I don't think we should give up Rondo.

eugene
03-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Yes he is better. True pass first matured PG, very solid deffender and triple double machine. Would take him over aging Nash, chocker Westbrook or Parker any time of the day.

Aust
03-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Ellis makes a whole lot more sense

mynameismo
03-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I'd say hold on to Rondo. Wait for the first domino to fall (Dwight Howard). When he gets traded, then trade Rondo to the Dwight Bidders that lose.. (NJ/LA/GS/DAL) We'll get more value for him then than by trading him now.

X12Celtics3
03-01-2012, 08:36 AM
I don't understand how people can claim that Rondo is incompetent on offense and then proceed to rank Steve Nash above him. Nash, like Rondo, has a gaping hole in his game (defense)... and Rondo's offense is nowhere near as poor as Nash's defense. Rondo is a very good ballhandler, has good court vision, and can drive. His inability to shoot jumpers hurts his value on offense for sure, but those other kills make him a good offensive point guard if you give him some scorers to pass to.

There is more to offense than scoring points... everybody knows that Rondo isn't going to turn into Chris Paul any time soon, but when you look the skills that he DOES have, he is not a bad offensive player overall.

Weezy
03-01-2012, 09:22 AM
This seems like the best package Boston could get for Rondo. Who else us out there for them?

Rondo is a top 10 PG in the league that shouldn't be a question.. this season he is dealing with injuries right?

todu82
03-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Can't see the Warriors giving up Curry but if they did and he went to Boston then Boston could get a key piece for their future after the Big 3 retire/leave.

Rockice_8
03-01-2012, 10:13 AM
I like it both ways for GS and Bos.

Master Mind
03-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Portland probably can swing a deal for Rondo...

hugepatsfan
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Ellis makes a whole lot more sense

BOS wouldn't move Rondo for Ellis.

corky831
03-01-2012, 12:21 PM
i'd wait and trade rondo on draft night

MonroeFAN
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM
I have no problem putting Rondo in the same "tier" as Kyrie, Lowry or Parker. Though I think Parker is definitely better in my opinion. But there's no way, he's in the top 5. I think we can agree there. Rondo simply isn't in the same level as any of those top 5 pg's you mentioned and aside from Nash (only cause of his age), I think we can agree you guys would be doing flips if you could get the other of those 4 players for Rajon.

lol @ even considering that Kyrie is in the same tier as Rondo.

He's having a good rookie season, and could become better than Rondo at some point in his career. But to suggest that he is even close to Rondo right now is pretty obnoxious and makes your other points (which are pretty nice) completely irrelevant. It's ok to support your home team's players, but to claim that he is better than a PG who posted a triple double last night is beyond absurd.

Lloyd Christmas
03-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't understand how people can claim that Rondo is incompetent on offense and then proceed to rank Steve Nash above him. Nash, like Rondo, has a gaping hole in his game (defense)... and Rondo's offense is nowhere near as poor as Nash's defense. Rondo is a very good ballhandler, has good court vision, and can drive. His inability to shoot jumpers hurts his value on offense for sure, but those other kills make him a good offensive point guard if you give him some scorers to pass to.

There is more to offense than scoring points... everybody knows that Rondo isn't going to turn into Chris Paul any time soon, but when you look the skills that he DOES have, he is not a bad offensive player overall.

Because this is PSD where offensive efficiancy determines a players value.

kozelkid
03-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Because from a pg, their offense will generally have a FAR greater impact on an overall team's success than their defense.

He may not be saying it, but I am.. Rondo is a machine.. The guy can score, defend, create turnovers, one of the best passers in the game, best pg rebounder in the game, floor general and gets to the cup at will.. Saying Irving is better is laughable at this point.. Bad trade for Boston IMO.. Something is always wrong with his Curry ankles and it won't stop.. One crossover and he's back on the shelf.

Yes he is better. True pass first matured PG, very solid deffender and triple double machine. Would take him over aging Nash, chocker Westbrook or Parker any time of the day.

It's nice that people still fall for the old cliche that pg has to be pass first. :rolleyes:

And there is nothing laughable about Irving having a case. Look at his stats first, then talk.

kozelkid
03-01-2012, 01:37 PM
lol @ even considering that Kyrie is in the same tier as Rondo.

He's having a good rookie season, and could become better than Rondo at some point in his career. But to suggest that he is even close to Rondo right now is pretty obnoxious and makes your other points (which are pretty nice) completely irrelevant. It's ok to support your home team's players, but to claim that he is better than a PG who posted a triple double last night is beyond absurd.

Hmm, let's see.

Better PER? Check.

Better WS/48 min? Check.

Better Ts% and o-rating? Check and check.

And good for Rondo, he had a good game. I guess with that logic Andre Miller is the best pg in the league since he had a game where he scored 50+ 2 seasons ago.

And for the record, I'm not even a Cavs fan.

Celticsfan2007
03-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Portland probably can swing a deal for Rondo...

Those talks better start with Nicholas Batum.

Celticsfan2007
03-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Why are we comparing Rondo to Irving again? I'm pretty sure no one in this thread gives a **** about Irving unless your offering him in a trade straight up for Rondo...

Chicagofaithful
03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Curry is infinitely better than Rondo in more categories than hes not. I would never do this trade if I were golden state. They should trade for Kaman and get a serviceable defensive minded SF. Their backcourt is not the problem lol.

MonroeFAN
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Hmm, let's see.

Better PER? Check.

Better WS/48 min? Check.

And good for Rondo, he had a good game. I guess with that logic Andre Miller is the best pg in the league since he had a game where he scored 50+ 2 seasons ago.

Actually... fair enough. Thank you for clarifying.

I highly disagree, but that's my right.

KingOf215
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
I'd do it if I was GS. Not sure why Boston does this though... unless Rondo really is a headcase.

KingOf215
03-01-2012, 02:11 PM
This seems like the best package Boston could get for Rondo. Who else us out there for them?

Rondo is a top 10 PG in the league that shouldn't be a question.. this season he is dealing with injuries right?

What exactly is happening in your signature? Is that Lin?

Antipod
03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
If this goes down, Ellis will take 40 shots a game and lead the league in scoring :D

smith&wesson
03-01-2012, 02:24 PM
ellis likes to score, rondo likes to pass. both pretty dam athletic. its be a good match.

not sure why boston does this though?

Sly Guy
03-01-2012, 02:28 PM
wait, so the warriors are interested in JaVale McGee and Rondo, yet they know both are headcases.....Who's next Ron Ron and Demarcus Cousins?

mavwar53
03-01-2012, 02:53 PM
BOS wouldn't move Rondo for Ellis.

just the same as the warriors wouldn't want a curry/Rondo back court, trading ellis for rondo makes no sense for either team but the only way it makes sense for the warriors is if they had a trade involving curry set up for a C.

Lloyd Christmas
03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
just the same as the warriors wouldn't want a curry/Rondo back court, trading ellis for rondo makes no sense for either team but the only way it makes sense for the warriors is if they had a trade involving curry set up for a C.

I would love a Rondo/Curry backcourt.

Celticsfan2007
03-01-2012, 03:30 PM
I would love a Rondo/Curry backcourt.

:sigh:

NetsPaint
03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
People are still calling Rondo a top 5 PG? They're trying hard to hang on to the eigth seed. Pierce, Allen, and KG aren't what they use to be, but if they had a top 5 PG they'd be a lock for the Playoffs.

Rondo might bring the Warriors some defense in the backcourt, but I'd still try to make Ellis/Curry work. That could be a NASTY backcourt (and they have Lee) if the team made moves to improve their defense significantly.

Monta is beast
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Rondo is a great pure Point Guard, great defender, great rebounder, but he is a head case. I would love for this trade to go down, because Rondo is one of the few Point Guards in the league that can drive and dish.

jimmyb33
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=Master Mind;21159633]Portland probably can swing a deal for Rondo...[/QUOTE

interesting...what kind of deal do you think would happen?

driz
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Rondo for Curry would INSTANTLY make Golden State a better team. He's the type of guy they need at PG. Curry and Ellis collide with their similar styles. Rondo would make EVERYONE on the court better.

Not to mention no ankle issues?

Golden State should be getting this done, yesterday!

celtNYpatsHeels
03-01-2012, 05:40 PM
People are still calling Rondo a top 5 PG? They're trying hard to hang on to the eigth seed. Pierce, Allen, and KG aren't what they use to be, but if they had a top 5 PG they'd be a lock for the Playoffs.

Rondo might bring the Warriors some defense in the backcourt, but I'd still try to make Ellis/Curry work. That could be a NASTY backcourt (and they have Lee) if the team made moves to improve their defense significantly.

i guess Williams and Nash arent top 5 anymore either then

kenzo400
03-01-2012, 05:56 PM
I think a lot of people underestimate Curry. This is only his third season and Golden State isn't the best place for him to develop his pg skills. Monta Ellis for the most part runs an iso game and takes possessions away from Curry. Not to mention he often plays the point and takes time away from Curry.

He hasn't had the ability to develop his pg skills as well as he could. Boston could be a great place for him to do that.

gotoHcarolina52
03-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Alex Kennedy

The Boston Celtics have been very active in trade talks. League sources expect Boston to make a trade at some point in the next two weeks.

kozelkid
03-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Hmm, let's see.

Better PER? Check.

Better WS/48 min? Check.

Actually... fair enough. Thank you for clarifying.

I highly disagree, but that's my right.

Of course. I think it's close between the two and people who think Irving isn't anywhere near this season haven't been following Irving close enough. Then again it's ridiculous how little attention he has gotten by the media for probably one of the best rookie seasons for a pg since Paul or even Kidd.

Monta is beast
03-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Alex Kennedy

What if the Warriors trade Curry for Rondo, then deal Ellis for McGee or Kaman.

Rondo-Robinson
Rush-Thompson
McGuire-Wright
Lee-Udoh
Kaman/McGee-Biedrins

mavwar53
03-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I think a lot of people underestimate Curry. This is only his third season and Golden State isn't the best place for him to develop his pg skills. Monta Ellis for the most part runs an iso game and takes possessions away from Curry. Not to mention he often plays the point and takes time away from Curry.

He hasn't had the ability to develop his pg skills as well as he could. Boston could be a great place for him to do that.

You must not watch warriors games, the guy shows flashes of being a good PG but he also makes some of the most careless TO's I've ever seen, and he doesn't seem to care when he makes a mistake, but he sure does love it when he does well. Curry also is equal to LeBron when it comes to 4th quarter big shots, I can't recall ever watching him hit a big shot, plenty of misses, no makes.

Also on the defensive end he would probably be in the bottom 3 of individual defense, the guy probably can't stay in front of a 300 lb Baron Davis. He can get steals but he makes stupid fouls and he just gives up, he can't see the man and the ball at the same time very well, his lack of defensive instincts outweighs his great shooting.

Also how is GS not a good place for him to learn to be a PG, he's got the 3rd leading assist man ever in mark Jackson as his head coach, I guess he should only talk to Stockton or Nash or Magic to learn how to be a real PG.

KingOf215
03-01-2012, 06:25 PM
As good as Curry is, he is not an established top 10 PG like Rondo is. Rondo already has a ring, and leadership swagger a team like the Warriors could benefit from and build upon. I think this is a virtual no-brainer for the Warriors, but why Celtics do this trade I have no clue. However, the Celtics would at least get about 75c back on the dollar with this one, so if they really want Rondo gone it's decent value to get Curry.

mavwar53
03-01-2012, 06:30 PM
As good as Curry is, he is not an established top 10 PG like Rondo is. Rondo already has a ring, and leadership swagger a team like the Warriors could benefit from and build upon. I think this is a virtual no-brainer for the Warriors, but why Celtics do this trade I have no clue. However, the Celtics would at least get about 75c back on the dollar with this one.

I don't understand how anyone can say this is a no brainer, there isn't even a trade proposal that we've seen right?

If I was the warriors I'd do the trade if it involved Biedrins going to the celt's, if they just want Kwame and Curry for Rondo I'm not sure if I do it if I was the warriors. The main problem on the warriors is the fact that their center sucks, if they deal Kwame and take on Rondo and his contract, the warriors have just 6 mil to sign an impact center in the off-season, we all know that isn't enough for an impact big man. I agree the warriors need a winner with some swagger but it all depends on the actual cost.

KingOf215
03-01-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't understand how anyone can say this is a no brainer, there isn't even a trade proposal that we've seen right?

If I was the warriors I'd do the trade if it involved Biedrins going to the celt's, if they just want Kwame and Curry for Rondo I'm not sure if I do it if I was the warriors. The main problem on the warriors is the fact that their center sucks, if they deal Kwame and take on Rondo and his contract, the warriors have just 6 mil to sign an impact center in the off-season, we all know that isn't enough for an impact big man. I agree the warriors need a winner with some swagger but it all depends on the actual cost.

I think this is incredibly underrated for a young team.... when else will you have the opportunity to get a young, top 10 PG that knows what it takes to get a ring. You can worry about the other stuff later. You build winners one piece at a time, and this is piece is HUGE.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-01-2012, 06:36 PM
As good as Curry is, he is not an established top 10 PG like Rondo is. Rondo already has a ring, and leadership swagger a team like the Warriors could benefit from and build upon. I think this is a virtual no-brainer for the Warriors, but why Celtics do this trade I have no clue. However, the Celtics would at least get about 75c back on the dollar with this one, so if they really want Rondo gone it's decent value to get Curry.

Um, no. The Celtics are trading him because he's a terrible leader.

KingOf215
03-01-2012, 06:40 PM

That's all relative to the team he's on. He's on a team with future hall of famers (not to mention big personalities) in Ray Allen, KG and Pierce... so is it that big a surprise they have disagreements with a young guy? -Of course not.

Going to the Warriors, he'd be leading guys closer to his age and younger. Where he can REALLY lead. Where he is the best player (Looking at the entire resume of the career), and where he's the only one who has the ring to flash.

mavwar53
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I think this is incredibly underrated for a young team.... when else will you have the opportunity to get a young, top 10 PG that knows what it takes to get a ring. You can worry about the other stuff later. You build winners one piece at a time, and this is piece is HUGE.

You're right cause the only swagger the warriors have ever had was when Baron Davis was there, and what happened then? Possibly the biggest playoff series ever, and then they missed the playoffs the next season but had 48 wins. The warriors haven't had a player with any kind of swagger since, maybe right now they have Nate Robinson but he's nothing more than a bench player.

But again, it's not a no brainer since Joe Lacob the owner wants a chance to sign Dwight Howard even if he says he doesn't want to come here. Trading Curry and Biedrins for Rondo would open up an extra 1 mil leaving the W's with 15 mil to sign a player and they are hoping it is Howard as little of a chance that they have but even if they could get Hibbert or McGee they would be happy.

KingOf215
03-01-2012, 06:52 PM
You're right cause the only swagger the warriors have ever had was when Baron Davis was there, and what happened then? Possibly the biggest playoff series ever, and then they missed the playoffs the next season but had 48 wins. The warriors haven't had a player with any kind of swagger since, maybe right now they have Nate Robinson but he's nothing more than a bench player.

But again, it's not a no brainer since Joe Lacob the owner wants a chance to sign Dwight Howard even if he says he doesn't want to come here. Trading Curry and Biedrins for Rondo would open up an extra 1 mil leaving the W's with 15 mil to sign a player and they are hoping it is Howard as little of a chance that they have but even if they could get Hibbert or McGee they would be happy.

Also... how many big time Centers are there in the game today? Not even a handful... most teams are making do with average big men with inflated price tags and there are suppose to be a nice crop of big men coming out in the draft. I think they can put that off for a little bit.

Another thing... if you didn't realize... Golden State is not exactly a highly desirable place to go for free agents. It's not South Beach, definitely not NY, and there isn't a superstar to lure anybody in. So the only thing that leaves them with is money to throw, and there are other teams in more attractive situations with money also.

mavwar53
03-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Also... how many big time Centers are there in the game today? Not even a handful... most teams are making do with average big men with inflated price tags and there are suppose to be a nice crop of big men coming out in the draft. I think they can put that off for a little bit.

Another thing... if you didn't realize... Golden State is not exactly a highly desirable place to go for free agents. It's not South Beach, definitely not NY, and there isn't a superstar to lure anybody in. So the only thing that leaves them with is money to throw, and there are other teams in more attractive situations with money also.

Why put off a big man, the most important thing the warriors need to improve is rebounding, they have been a below avg. team for a long time and the one constant is their rebounding is terrible. They are 4th worst in rebounding and 5th worst in opp. rebounding. They have improved their opp. FG% and they are 19th in the league so the defense is slowly getting better, they just need a real C so if trading for Rondo hurts the chance of them getting a real C then the warriors probably won't trade for him.

sunsfan88
03-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Would Boston do Nash, Hill, Lopez for Rondo and O'Neal plus filler?

hugepatsfan
03-01-2012, 08:01 PM

I wouldn't. That makes us better this year, but still not championship good IMO. Lopez is the only one that has a future in BOS beyond this year, and he's not nearly good enough on his own to make me give up Rondo.

Like I said though, it would make BOS better THIS YEAR. They'd probably go from a bottom seed in the East to a middle seed if everyone gelled quick.

kenzo400
03-01-2012, 08:06 PM
You must not watch warriors games, the guy shows flashes of being a good PG but he also makes some of the most careless TO's I've ever seen, and he doesn't seem to care when he makes a mistake, but he sure does love it when he does well. Curry also is equal to LeBron when it comes to 4th quarter big shots, I can't recall ever watching him hit a big shot, plenty of misses, no makes.

Also on the defensive end he would probably be in the bottom 3 of individual defense, the guy probably can't stay in front of a 300 lb Baron Davis. He can get steals but he makes stupid fouls and he just gives up, he can't see the man and the ball at the same time very well, his lack of defensive instincts outweighs his great shooting.

Also how is GS not a good place for him to learn to be a PG, he's got the 3rd leading assist man ever in mark Jackson as his head coach, I guess he should only talk to Stockton or Nash or Magic to learn how to be a real PG.

You could be right. I watch quite a lot of NBA games, but i'm probably not as familiar with the team as you. But based on what i have seen, he does commit some careless turnovers, but his average is 2.7 per game for 31 minutes. I don't think that's that bad, especially considering Warriors have a very offensively focused system. Even Nash commits close to 4 turnovers a game, and most would agree he is the best passing point guard in the league.

As for his defense, i think Boston would be a great place for him to improve that. Seems like the perfect destination for a player to learn defense.

As for Jackson. Being a good player doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach. I remember watching that GS game against Memphis. They were up by 15 with like 5 minutes to the end and Memphis came back. For some strange reason they kept running their regular offensive game without using much of the shotclock. Jackson didn't think for a second that maybe it was time to slow the game down and not let Memphis get as many possessions to come back lol

mavwar53
03-01-2012, 08:22 PM
You could be right. I watch quite a lot of NBA games, but i'm probably not as familiar with the team as you. But based on what i have seen, he does commit some careless turnovers, but his average is 2.7 per game for 31 minutes. I don't think that's that bad, especially considering Warriors have a very offensively focused system. Even Nash commits close to 4 turnovers a game, and most would agree he is the best passing point guard in the league.

As for his defense, i think Boston would be a great place for him to improve that. Seems like the perfect destination for a player to learn defense.

As for Jackson. Being a good player doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach. I remember watching that GS game against Memphis. They were up by 15 with like 5 minutes to the end and Memphis came back. For some strange reason they kept running their regular offensive game without using much of the shotclock. Jackson didn't think for a second that maybe it was time to slow the game down and not let Memphis get as many possessions to come back lol

He may improve his D in Boston but I just don't see the commitment that it takes to be a good defender from Curry.

As for the Memphis game, the warriors have been in close games all year, and early in the season when they slowed it down it didn't work so I'm sure that played into how Jackson and his staff wanted to play the rest of the game.

Yes Jackson isn't a very good coach right now, he's really learning on the fly and Mike Malone is drawing up a lot of the plays and I'm pretty sure Jackson is taking a lot of advise from him right now. Hopefully Jackson turns into a good coach, if not that sucks for him that he just went from broadcasting straight to head coaching.

SmartestGuyHere
03-01-2012, 08:25 PM

Boston went from old to Jurassic. Stellar trade imo.

Nabeshin
03-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Boston are in rebuild mode and letting Rondo go would help with there restructure but I think other teams aren't willing to give up elite type player(s) for him. Hints offering him for Westbrook, and Paul in the past.

Redskins10
03-01-2012, 08:39 PM
This would make GS an instant contender for the 8th, 7th or 6th seed.

magichatnumber9
03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Who ever keeps leaking these rumors about Rondo have killed the possibility of getting a decent free agent for him.

northsider
03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Man I think Rondo is a great PG but, Curry is pretty damn good himself and dude can shoot lights out.

cali72888
03-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Curry for Rondo would be highway robbery for the warriors.
Sure curry can score and has a great shot but is he better then what Rondo brings to the table, especially for the warriors?

KingOf215
03-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Curry for Rondo would be highway robbery for the warriors.
Sure curry can score and has a great shot but is he better then what Rondo brings to the table, especially for the warriors?

Rumor has it that Rondo is a headcase and doesn't get along with the coaches. Sometimes a change of scenery works out for everyone... Rondo brings more to the table, but it's not highway robbery... Curry isn't a scrub.

NetsPaint
03-01-2012, 09:22 PM
i guess Williams and Nash arent top 5 anymore either then
Garnett, Allen, and Pierce are enough for an elite PG to make a team a lock for the Playoffs, even at this stage of their careers. Rondo just isn't that good.

For those saying Rondo makes teammates better, really? He hits Allen, Garnett, etc. with good passes, but he doesn't make players better. Nash would get people on this board points.

LakersA's49ers
03-01-2012, 09:24 PM

you dare put williams first on your list? what a joke. hes got bettr talent on his team than steve nash does and he never leads his team deep in the playoffs, or in the case of this sorry team, into the playoffs.

my list

Rose
Paul
Westbrook
Rondo

thats right. rondo #4 idiot

btw, the lowry/kyrie thing was ******** as hell. its like saying jeremy lins the most underrated basketball player in the NBA, nice try

OaklandsFinest
03-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Rondo!!!!!!!!!!!

mavwar53
03-01-2012, 09:33 PM
you dare put williams first on your list? what a joke. hes got bettr talent on his team than steve nash does and he never leads his team deep in the playoffs, or in the case of this sorry team, into the playoffs.

my list

Rose
Paul
Westbrook
Rondo

btw, the lowry/kyrie thing was ******** as hell. its like saying jeremy lins the most underrated basketball player in the NBA, nice try

Really buddy, did he ever put #'s on those guys, you have some major problems, did your girlfriend dump you, you lose a bet with your dad, does your mom beat you, seriously what is your problem.

I-4_Fan
03-01-2012, 10:36 PM

Actually I am saying he is definitely better then Nash and Parker.

In my opinion I would take him over D-Will. That just me. But I would also prefer Westbrook over D-Will myself. My Opinion is below and its more of my preference on the order. But I have no doubt Rondo is a top 5 PG in the game right now.

Derrick Rose
Chriss Paul
Westbrook
Raja Rondo
D-Will

Monta is beast
03-01-2012, 11:00 PM
I agree. Rondo affects the game in so many ways. He can create for others, create for himself, defend, & rebound. The only other Point Guard in the game who can do that is Westbrook, but he uses his skills in a much different way.

Sportfan
03-02-2012, 12:30 AM
It's so funny, the Warriors forum is loving this deal thinking Rondo is much better than curry

the celtics forum loves it too thinks curry is wayy better to build around

i've never seen such a fair trade been discussed before!

sunsfan88
03-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Rondo is not better than Nash.

Nash vs Rubio tonight: 13 pts, 17 assists, 8 rebounds

And don't forget Nash plays with mostly scrubs while Rondo plays with 3 HOFers.

Monta is beast
03-02-2012, 12:41 AM
It's so funny, the Warriors forum is loving this deal thinking Rondo is much better than curry

the celtics forum loves it too thinks curry is wayy better to build around

i've never seen such a fair trade been discussed before!

It really is a great trade for both team.

Monta is beast
03-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Rondo is not better than Nash.

Nash vs Rubio tonight: 13 pts, 17 assists, 8 rebounds

And don't forget Nash plays with mostly scrubs while Rondo plays with 3 HOFers.

I would take Rondo over Nash everyday.

iam brett favre
03-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Why are the Celtics trying to trade Rondo? Very puzzling.

Corey
03-02-2012, 01:48 AM
I would take Rondo over Nash everyday.

For the future, sure.

I'd take Nash this year.

avrpatsfan
03-02-2012, 04:58 PM

That's simply not true. They're trading him because he's a head case.

KG and Pierce talked about he's a big leader in the locker room. I believe them.

Vincent
03-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I'd much rather have Stephen Curry than Rajon Rondo

kozelkid
03-02-2012, 06:54 PM

my list

Rose
Paul
Westbrook
Rondo

Folks, this is an example of individuals who give NBA forum a bad name. Nothing more to say to this.

Really buddy, did he ever put #'s on those guys, you have some major problems, did your girlfriend dump you, you lose a bet with your dad, does your mom beat you, seriously what is your problem.

Maybe Deron banged his mom? :shrug: